Tim Miller to testify for the defense

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Tim Miller to testify for the defense

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:20 am

The defense team scored a small victory in the case against Casey Anthony on Thursday. Tim Miller, founder of EquuSearch, has agreed to testify as a defense witness.
http://www.wftv.com/news/20583028/detail.html

Why would he testify for the defense?

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Tim Miller to testify for the defense

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:09 am

Linda Marie,

I am printing out the entire article here:

Tim Miller To Testify In Casey Anthony Case
Posted: 12:23 pm EDT August 27, 2009
Updated: 1:05 pm EDT August 28, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The defense team scored a small victory in the case against Casey Anthony on Thursday. Tim Miller, founder of EquuSearch, has agreed to testify as a defense witness.
JUDGE'S ORDERS: Read Order On Tim Miller | On Leonard Padilla
VIDEO REPORT: EquuSearch's Tim Miller To Testify
"That the attorney for Timothy Miller … has agreed to present Timothy Miller as a representative of Texas Equusearch (TES) for deposition in Orlando, Florida," Judge Stan Strickland wrote in the order (read it).
However, the defense will only get search records pertaining to the 32 volunteers who searched near the spot where Caylee's remains were ultimately found and they have to pay for the records.
"That the documents of the thirty-two (32) searchers, which were referenced by Mark E. NeJame as counsel for Timothy Miller and (TES) at the hearing on August 21, 2009, are to be disclosed to both the State and Defense," the judge further wrote in the order.
The judge also denied a motion and ruled Thursday (read it) that California bounty hunter Leonard Padilla was not part of the defense team.
That means statements he and his associates made about conversations they had with Casey while they were protecting her, can be made public.
The defense wanted records from all 4,000 volunteers who looked for Caylee, but the judge denied that.
"That all documents related to all the other searchers working with or under Texas Equusearch are not to be disclosed," Judge Stan Strickland wrote.
Casey's lawyers claim someone else dumped the remains near her home when Casey was in jail. She's still there, facing a possible death sentence for her daughter's murder.

Looks like the defense will get 32 searchers documents.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:12 am

I read the whole article. I still don't understand why he would agree to testify for the defense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:13 am

I think all he is doing is showing the footage he took. I think we need someone like Bill Schaefer to explain it all. None of it makes much sense.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:58 am

IMO, BOZO probably wanted to ask TM how they get their volunteers. Tim may say, "We appeal to the public to help us search & I do an orientation on "how to search & what we are looking for." IMO, BOZO is going to want to know what IDENTIFICATION they ask for as a requirement to search.

THEN, he may jump up & yell, "SO YOU DON'T DO BACK GROUND CHECKS ON YOUR SEARCHERS?"

IMO, If BOZO could have gotten Tim's whole list of 4,000 people, he could have run back ground checks on all those people. The odds are pretty good that at LEAST one person would come up a convicted felon, a theif, BUT something that BOZO could attack Tim's creditibility for & claim he doesn't vet his searchers.

Just a thought, I have been thinking about this for a while. Tim Miller will be a witness for the defense, just like the ANT's will be a witness for the STATE. TIM will also be a witness for the STATE as the ANT's will also be a witness for the defense.

The bottom line is this, imo, NO BIG DEAL. After the defense interogates TM on the stand, the State has a REBUTTAL & will clean up all the bull & confusion BOZO tossed the jury & the state will explain it fully, jmo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:05 am

There seems to be a lot of confusion about who witnesses testify for.

When I first read that the ANT's would be testifying for the STATE, I read a ton of articles & lots of comments by peeps that think this is Really NEWS!

The Bottom Line Is This: Its normal proceedings! The ANT's HAVE NO CHOICE as to testify to the smell of the car, CA washing the pants, CA getting leads on Caylee sighting, hiring a private investigator, if CA fought with kc, ON & ON! This is not news to us. ONLY CA can testify to this truthfully to have this admitted to the RECORD in court.

I read all kinds of speculation that this was a BIG deal, 95% of the comments thought CA was helping the state but the reality is, she is simply testifying to the facts in the case. DOES IT HELP THE STATE? If she is honest, it puts it on the record, therefore, the STATE will use it as some of the foundation of their case.

I follow a lot of legal cases, many high profile, this is just common practice for both sides. No big deal, jmo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:11 am

Thanks artnut. Your right. I just get paranoid about KC getting away with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:37 am

Lindamarie,

what makes me paranoid is the depth the defense is willing to sink to in order to sensationalize KC's case & get themselves in the news.

IMO, they are a merry band of scumbags & have many more tricks up their sleeves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:10 am

I think there is plenty of reasons for us all to be concerned that Caylee will never get the justice she deserves. So many smoke and mirror games going on in this case. Tim Miller is NOT going to make a very good witness for the defense. He will make an excellent one for the prosecution. I just don't get the state NOT listing Tim Miller as one of their witness instead of the defense.

Back to top Go down

Normal Why does Tim Miller have to testify for the DEFENSE?

Post by artgal16 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:22 pm

Someone explain why he has to testify for the defense?
He believes Casey is guilty.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:45 am

Artgal: Here is the LINK to your question. Lindmarie posted this yesterday, maybe you can find some answers to your question there.
http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/court-appearances-f69/tim-miller-to-testify-for-the-defense-t1190.htm?highlight=tim+millersted

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:57 am

Remember it doesnt matter what the defense BELIEVES - it only matters what they can prove.
They can present all they want but there wont be any real hard evidence to back it up. You cant just speculate that a mysterious someone might have planted the body after Casey was in jail - you have to have something to show a jury in the way of proof, otherwise it will be discarded as is right and proper.
On the other hand, the State has a lot of hard evidence
in the way of direct testimony to Casey's actions after the last day Caylee was seen - including a video of her with Tony at the video store renting movies, with their arms wrapped around each other and no Caylee. They also have forensics, including evidence by the people who used cadaver dogs, the fact duct tape was wrapped around Caylees skull, and expert testimony to the fact that the body was placed there in June.
Someone killed Caylee - her mother was the last person seen with her - she couldnt have left of her own accord and the defense has not one person that they can point to who could have taken and killed Caylee. Juries dont buy into "phantom killers" There is plenty there to hang Casey. Its the utter arrogance of her defense that gets me - this was a plea-bargain case from the beginning and they should have copped a plea. Now instead their client will get life - I dont believe they would give her the death penalty.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:01 pm

Artgal,

Don't worry about Tim Miller. BOZO will ask him what I listed above, the vetting process of the Searchers.

The State will cross examine Tim AFTER BOZO & verify that he DIDN'T search the area Caylee was found, he will explain his map, & anything negative the defense got in, The State will UNDO. IMO, the defense is a sinking ship.

Its like the ANT'S will testify to all the stuff I listed above. The 911 call is what started this entire case, made by CA. The State will use the ANT's to testify to the facts we already know. BOZO will get to cross examine the ANT's also & try to score points, BUT, the StATE WILL HAVE A REBUTTAL. If CA says that KC was a wonderful mother, the STATE will show party pics.

You are exactly c orrect, this was a PLEA BARGAIN CASE, KC was in a position to negotiate, imo, at one time probably 30 years & parole. BOZO has LIED to her, imo, MISLED her, & A Lyons has explained exactly what she is looking at. There is no reason for A Lyons NOT to be honest with KC, LK Baden has said on the TODAY SHOW, A LYONS is trying to save KC's life. That statement, imo, showed the defense knows KC will at least do life, after all, if KC gets life, that is considered a win for A Lyons.

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:28 am

Unless one of the names on Tim's Searchers list is Zenida Fernandez Gonzales I don't see how presenting this to a Jury will help Casey.
I've said this before... Jessie, Krunk, the searchers... All this conspiracy BS is getting old and it only makes Casey's Defense team appear grasping and desperate.
They should be looking into arguing the Science of Plant Life, that's going to convict her.
and you know why they are not?
yep... you don't mess with Mother Nature!

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita on Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:00 am

testifying for the defense isnt like being on their side. they have been called as a witness because the defense has some specific questions they want to ask the, as they are important for the case. they have to speak the truth under oath, so it really isnt like trying to argue for caseys side, they will just be answering questions about facts
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum