Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bounty Hunter Padilla Makes Open Offer to Haleigh Cummings Stepmom

3 posters

Go down

Bounty Hunter Padilla Makes Open Offer to Haleigh Cummings Stepmom Empty Bounty Hunter Padilla Makes Open Offer to Haleigh Cummings Stepmom

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Bounty Hunter Padilla Makes Open Offer to Haleigh Cummings StepmomPosted on August 31st, 2009 by Simon Barrett. I have also posted the comments.

http://www.bloggernews.net/122064

After a busy week in the Haleigh Cummings abduction case where the last person to see the 6-year-old Satsuma girl who’s been missing since February failed her 4th polygraph, a Bounty Hunter involved in the Caylee Anthony case Sunday made an open offer to assist Misty Croslin-Cummings, on a radio program.

Bloggernews.net’s Simon and Jan Barrett host a weekly internet radio show on Sunday afternoons at 4pm ET where the topic has been the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings. This Sunday’s panel included Emmy Award-winning journalist Art Harris, crime author Denny Griffin, Private Investigator WIlliam “Cobra” Staubs, Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla and me, WSKY’s TJ Hart.

The program recapped the week’s events including Misty’s failed polygraph test and other tests that she requested Texas EquuSearch to conduct in an attempt to clear her name, accusations her brother Tommy may have been connected and his subsequent questioning and a fruitless ground search on a piece of land marked by a plastic rose.

After the recap, I challenged listeners to think for a moment from the perspective of Misty whose life has impacted by sexual abuse at the hands of family members, a low level of education, being raised by drug addicted parents and who just might have been threatened with lethal force the night of Haleigh’s abduction. I also brought up the idea that Misty might not need another polygraph or an attorney, but rather and advocate.

At that point of the program, host Simon Barrett injected Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla into the conversation. Padilla agreed that Misty probably needs a friend right now.

I asked Padilla if he had any suggestions. He responded by offering his help to Misty if she wanted it.

Padilla suggested taking her away from her surroundings for safety reasons–perhaps flying her to Canada in order to get some straight answers and to provide her an attorney.

Journalist Art Harris added that Misty is fragile, scared and might be suffering from a form of Stockholm Syndrome right now.

Leonard Padilla is also a figure in the Caylee Anthony case in Orlando.

AUDIO: Exerpt from Bloggernews.net Blogger News on The Radio

TJ Hart

Dedecee said, in August 31st, 2009 at 10:05 am
Maybe having Misty “get out of dodge” would help her get it together. I don’t know if I think she is telling the truth or not but regardless, she has to feel really trapped in her situation. And she is basically taking the whole rap for everything whether it is deserved or not.

Miracleshappen said, in August 31st, 2009 at 10:06 am
ha! You should be ashamed of yourselves Simon and Jan for allowing something like this to continue i.e. the stating of two of your biggest players in the game that they will take a lead person to Canada. How could you support such things?

Joyewils said, in August 31st, 2009 at 10:06 am
Padilla just cannot stay out of the limelight!!

Cobra said, in August 31st, 2009 at 10:27 am
Simon, did i read it wrong? Some think that LP and me would what?, Has Misty been charged with any thing?, NO. so if she wanted to go to Africa or Canada with LP or anyone or any where else, she could. Who would be breaking the law? No One. They just can’t do it so Lenny said he would try and I support that. Now if she gets charged, it is over. Then it would be a crime to do this. She should come in out of the rain before she catches a case/cold.

OzzieGal said, in August 31st, 2009 at 10:57 am
I think you guys are missing a crucial point when you consider how to make Misty feel safe.

Lets go hypthetical for the rest of this post. A girl is not with a man for reasons that are clear to those outside the relationship. If children are in the mix you often feel responsible for them if you love kids even if they are not your own! What if your guy also gave you drugs. What if you were young and likely addicted so leaving would mean leaving everything you know and on top of that cold turkey. More importantly I would feel very insecure if I felt threatened by the man I relied upon to give me those drugs, overdoses happen far too often don’t they. I would fear for such a girls safety. I don’t know these people I am not saying this is factual but I know from personal experience that a girl in this position knows enough to fear, enough to make sure the person they rely on does not feel threatened by them in order to stay safe and now with all the outside offers of help coming in I would be shit scared if I was her.

Cobra said, in August 31st, 2009 at 11:11 am
OzzieGal said,in August 31st, 2009 at 10:57am I think you guys are missing a crucial point when you consider how to make Misty feel safe.

Well, how do we make her feel safe? We can’t give her drugs, But we can get her intervention. We can protect her, but not in Ron’s home.
She may need to talk to one of our female agents, as a friend as a protector. Tell us since we don’t want to miss anything crucial. And as you I for one am concerned for her safety. And have been since all fingers point to her timelines.

Cobra

m2c said, in August 31st, 2009 at 11:30 am
If anyone truly cares about Misty’s safety I’d recommend they start protecting her NOW!

If there is someone who does not want her to talk, they may well attempt to stop her before she can.

I’m afraid that this nationally advertised offer of help - as generous and well-intended as it is - may result in (for example) someone taking a shot at her OR the one thing no one can protect her from - a beating or serious threat to her life behind closed doors in her own home.

And if Misty decides to accept such an offer, please be sure to have a very good female agent there at all times. Misty may prefer to talk with a female and it would protect Mr. LP (or whoever) from any false accusations (you know the kind I mean).

I don’t know if anyone else is including this as a possibility but what if someone has Haleigh and is threatening to hurt/kill her if Misty talks? None of the solutions anyone has come up with so far address that. (And no nationally-advertised ones ever will).

Ingrid1962 said, in August 31st, 2009 at 11:36 am
Well that is a true point there Cobra.
Misty is not safe as long as she is in the same house as Ron is.
He is a violent man and if he starts to believe she has anything to do with Haleighs dissapearance he just might snap and hurt her really bad.
In his drug abused mind he can start to think and believe she killed that little girl.

This case is getting weirder and weirder by the day.
One day you think there is going to be a breaktrhough and the other day the water of truth is more black than the day before.

sunny said, in August 31st, 2009 at 11:37 am
I would like to thank you for providing another point of view in a case that is at a stalemate. I feel ashamed. I never once thought that Misty could possibly be a victim in this case. And I so very ashamed to admit that, given some of the crap I have personally been through. Not being one who easily thinks outside the box, and one who is also too easily led by others opinions that I don’t like to listen to mainstream talk radio stations, this sure does cast some possible light into the shadows of this case.

I am an optimistic realist. I hold out hope that Haleigh will be found alive, but my conviction to that hope wavers. But if Misty IS a victim, perhaps she can still be saved. The pictures of her have always troubled me. Her expression is not ever clear. I wrote it off to hiding something, but people usually do a better job of looking distraught, even when they are covering something up. No, her expression is one of a troubled child.

An analogy for someone living in the life hypothetically portrayed here. It is like living in an egg. You are constrained to life which is in that shell, you cannot see out of that life. There is nothing outside of your life. You have no idea what life is like outside that shell, just that it is foreign and scary. You feel there is nothing ‘out there’ for you. You know no one out there - it is truly frightening.

Once you are out and look back, you cannot understand how you ever fit inside that shell.

If she is in a situation like is proposed, she is probably in more danger now than ever before. The more public interest there is in her, and in getting her out, is extremely dangerous for her. If those around her fear exposure, she too will disappear.

If someone is really willing to get her out of there, support her, get her deep counseling - then it needs to be done now.

Just hope she really is the victim if someone is going to do all that, and that you’re not being taken for a ride, only to have charges brought up against you.

Tough call. But she does need to be shown a way out, if indeed that is what she needs.

Trapper said, in August 31st, 2009 at 12:13 pm
Cobra, if you are still here, what did you mean when you said you might have more charges put on you when you go to court Thurs.

Pinkey32/HUMBLED said, in August 31st, 2009 at 12:22 pm
I THINK L.P. A.K.A. THE GODFATHER NEEDS TO GO AWAY. HE’S SO DARN SHRUD AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED.PLUS HE TALKS WAY WAY TOOOO MUCH.

COBRA AND L.P. ARE SO DIFFERENT IMO L.P.WANTS TO BE IN EVERYTHING HIS NAME CAN BE HEARD.IMO HE DOES NOBODY NO GOOD EXCEPT HIMSELF!!!!IF IWAS MISTY I’D RUN SO FAR AND SO FAST FROM THAT PHONEY L.P. INNOCENT OR GUILTY.HE’S

T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!!!!! AGAIN JMHO

Mad Ma said, in August 31st, 2009 at 12:29 pm
Right on, Cobra! Just hope the ball keeps rolling….the down part of the hill is approaching.

Stg said, in August 31st, 2009 at 1:15 pm
m2c said,
in August 31st, 2009 at 11:30 am

I don’t know if anyone else is including this as a possibility but what if someone has Haleigh and is threatening to hurt/kill her if Misty talks? None of the solutions anyone has come up with so far address that. (And no nationally-advertised ones ever will).

Very good point m2c. Definitely something to think about.

Diane said, in August 31st, 2009 at 1:39 pm
It’s time to beging thinking of others…there are thousands of other missing children that need our attention just as much as Haleigh Cummings. Many, many people continue to speculate about each Cummings family member, each investigator, each clue, what he said, what she said, and so on & so forth.

The fact is that probably there are children missing from homes in your very own communities who also need a voice and someone to search for and be concerned for them. Put feet onto those typing fingers and begin helping the children from your community. Get involved with organizations in your community to protect the children and help the children afflicted with drug & alcohol-addicted parents. There may even be a child in your own circle of relatives that desperately needs a voice. They may be “slipping through the cracks”…please help them.

m2c said, in August 31st, 2009 at 2:21 pm
Some of us have been thinking of other missing children all along, Diane. Blogging about one does not exclude any other.

The article we are blogging under here is about Haleigh Cummings so it’s very appropriate. And blogging does not mean people aren’t doing anything else. Some of our bloggers joined the search for Haleigh in February and others participated in the search for Caylee Anthony in Orlando before her remains were found.
Some of our bloggers are very active in their local communities and national organizations.

We’re here right now because we don’t want anyone to forget Haleigh the way thousands of other missing kids have been forgotten.
Possibly because people thought “it was time to begin thinking of others”
I have no problem thinking of all of them. And I think that helping one IS helping all in a way.

If people had kept talking about Jaycee Dugand when she went missing maybe she would have been found a lot sooner than 18 years later. Maybe the neighbors or the cops would have had her in their minds when they saw weird activities at that guy’s house or the officer that visited there stayed in the front yard (did he even KNOW the guy was a sex offender on lifetime parole?).

Apparently LE needs us to remind them that we care and this is a huge part of what we want them to stay on top of. AND Jaycee’s situation shows how important neighbors and other community members are, too.

So if you want to stop talking about Haleigh so you can join a search in your area or do something else to help missing kids, that’s fine.
Meanwhile some of us can do more than one thing at a time.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Bounty Hunter Padilla Makes Open Offer to Haleigh Cummings Stepmom Empty Re: Bounty Hunter Padilla Makes Open Offer to Haleigh Cummings Stepmom

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:39 pm

wrapitup,

I just commented on this Under your topic for BLOG RADIO. Isnt it the same thing? I just copied my comment & pasted here.

I will probaly get verbally beat up for this but, jmho, LP needs to keep his mouth SHUT & get out of Haleigh's case.

Padilla has had 6 months to do something WORTHY for Haleigh & he hasn't. He is not an authority on this case, & imo, it stinks to high heaven NOW that TIM MIller is involved & got a lot of coverage, Padilla has INTERJECTED himself in the mix, he is drawn to the SPOTLIGHT.

After all, Maybe NG will have him on to talk about 2 different cases. Why doesn't he just S H U T UP!

If LP really wanted to help, he could DONATE money to Tim Millers search, ANONOMOSILY!!!. Padilla can make these outlandish BOASTS of donating the money for NUTJOB to go to Canada because he knows as well as any person with COMMON SENSE that she WOULD NEVER do this. SO, his money is safe, he gets publicity, he might get another interview. I am irked to death by this, jmo.
I realize he was on the show, maybe to talk about KC but he just can't resist being a "know it all" & coming up with this. I like LP, IMO, he just needs to shut up & go back to CA until the trial. I realize he can't stand being out of the spotlight. Too bad SIMON just provided another venue.

Last edited by artnut12345 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bounty Hunter Padilla Makes Open Offer to Haleigh Cummings Stepmom Empty Re: Bounty Hunter Padilla Makes Open Offer to Haleigh Cummings Stepmom

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:48 pm

JMO, Padilla is as big a MEDIA WHORE as the OCTOMOM! Why does anyone care what he says when he is grand standing, He & Cobra, they make a good pair.JMO.

They should shut up & let two adults contribute to looking for Haleigh for awhile, NeJames & Miller. Thus far, Cobra has not unearthed anything, & Padilla is not up on the case NOR CONTRIBUTED ANYTHING for 6 months. COBRA has stirred up a lot of controversy, his heart might HAVE BEEN in the right place, BUT, all the DRAMA he has been involved in is a DIS-SERVICE to HALEIGH & instead of Haleigh making news, COBRA has,jmo. Sorry to vent, this is just DRAMA! I am sick to death of this BS that has gone on in this case & these two CONTINUE to keep their names in print. They dwell on it. Maybe GA & CA can go down & help Padilla & COBRA. They could even stir up more DRAMA. Self SERVING! jmo.

JMO, I am sick of COBRA & Padilla running their mouths. Can't SIMON get better guest? jmo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:05 pm

So, according to LP, Casey was going to tell all after she had a hot shower and got her nails done (am I recalling that correctly?) and Missy just needs a trip to Canada and then she'll spill her guts. LP is delusional IMO. Someone should suggest to him that he's wasting his breath and that might want to stop wasting our time.......or save his opinions for those that are paying to be members of the Rob Dick's blog.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:14 pm

Who does everyone thing Misty is afraid of? I thought Ron was cleared? Are they implying that she is afraid if she tells the truth that Ron will get her because she was out all night and left the children alone? Perhaps thats the only thing Misty knows - that she wasnt there and Haleigh was taken because she left the kids by themselves but she doesnt know who took her.
If Ron is cleared, then the only thing Misty is afraid of his Ron killing her for leaving the children alone. But why did Ron marry Misty? Also why doesnt Crystal who now has some advantage sue for custody of Junior? I dont get any of these people and if it were not for Haleigh I wouldnt give a damn what happened to any of them.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:27 pm

I agree, Artgal. Haleigh needs to be found and then the rest of them in Satsuma and just rot in Hell, overdose on drugs, or kill each other. The only problem is there are more children in Satsuma and one day we'll probably hear another horror story coming out of that Hell Hole.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:35 pm

What I think is really interesting is how these cases are never cut and dry. This isnt the movies or TV,
there are so many odd things people do. The Anthony case as well as this one has very odd elements to it that without a full confession I fear we will never know the truth. The Jon-Benet Ramsey case was the same - it baffled me. I read everything I could about it and at one time I was convinced Patsy Ramsey killed her but afterwards I realized it couldnt be true. The pineapple in the childs stomach when no one fed her pineapple,
the odd ransom note that could have possibly been written by Patsy. The broken paintbrush used as a garotte from Patsys own paintbrush box.
That huge house that someone had to know fairly well.
All those things were like strands that you couldnt weave together to make sense. I guess we will never know what really happened to her.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:17 pm

I agree. Why do these cases become the "movie of the week"? I have always said the simplest explanation is usually the truth.

From what Misty said on her voice stress test, she talked of someone putting a gun to her mouth. Cobra, LP, Art Harris and TJ Hart all agreed she has been threatened. My question is: threatened with what? Cobra thinks it has to do with Ron and drugs and they threatened Misty. They believe if they get her out of the States and away from Ron and the entire Satsuma "lifestyle" she will talk.

I think it is pure b.s. I think Ron knows exactly what happened and doesn't want Misty to talk because it involves Ron in some way. That (IMO) is WHY he married her.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down