Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25

4 posters

Go down

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 Empty Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BRUNSWICK, Ga., Aug. 31, 2009
Ga. 911 Caller: "My Whole Family is Dead!"Police Say Killer Was Not Among Dead; No Evidence of Suicide Found!

The house at New Hope Mobile Home Park in Brunswick, Ga., where seven people were found slain is surrounded with police tape Saturday morning. Seven people were found dead and two critically injured, police said. An eighth person died Sunday.

A frantic caller told authorities he had just come home to find several relatives apparently beaten to death and another barely breathing, according to a 911 tape released Monday from the weekend attack at a mobile home park in southeastern Georgia.

"My whole family is dead!" screamed Guy Heinze Jr., 22. "It looks like they've been beaten to death. I don't know what to do, man."

Listen to an excerpt of the 911 call made from the mobile home park

When authorities arrived Saturday morning, they found seven people dead and two clinging to life. Police have refused to say how they were killed or give a possible motive. An eighth person died Sunday. CBS News affiliate WTOC in Savannah reported Monday morning that the sole surviving victim is in critical condition.

"We still believe there is a person or persons responsible for this somewhere out there, and we're looking for them," Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering said Monday.

Police have refused to say how they were killed or why and have said they don't know if the killer or killers are still in the area. Heinze was arrested on drug and other charges but police have not called him a suspect in the slaying.

On the 911 call, Heinze said his father, uncle and cousins were among the dead. After handing off the phone to an employee at the mobile home park, Heinze apparently returns to the trailer and is overheard on the call screaming that his cousin Michael, who had Down syndrome, was still breathing and that his face was "smashed in."

"Michael's alive, tell them to hurry!" Heinze said. "He's breathing! He needs help!"

Police on Sunday said one man rescued at the scene, 19-year-old Michael Toler, had died at a Savannah hospital.

Police have said the killer was not among the dead or the last survivor. They also said they have no evidence to suggest that suicide was involved.

Neighbor Margaret Orlinski, who called 911 after Heinze came screaming to her home, told a 911 operator that a baby also lived in the mobile home where the victims were found.

"I know there's a little baby," Orlinski says on the recording. "Shoot, there's a little babe. I don't know if the baby was in there or not."

Heinze doesn't mention a baby on the 911 recording. Police have declined to give ages of the victims, but Doering has said there were "no infants" among them.

Police have arrested Heinze, the 911 caller, on suspicion of tampering with evidence, lying to police and illegal possession of prescription drugs and marijuana. He was jailed Sunday.

Asked if Heinze was involved in the slayings, Doering said Sunday: "I'm not going to rule him out, but I'm not going to characterize him as a suspect."

Police acknowledged they don't know if the killer was still out there, urging residents to be aware and cautious.

"The person or persons responsible for this still remain unknown to us," Doering said Sunday, adding the killer could have fled to another county or even another state. "I cannot tell you if they are at large. I simply do not know."

The uncertainty has created fear among some in the town.

Resident Toni Mugavin said she wonders if she needs to sleep with a gun under her pillow, afraid the killer is still on the loose. Mugavin expressed frustration with the lack of information about what happened.

"There's no manhunt, no suspect," said Mugavin, 50. "There's nothing specific they're telling us."

Earlier, Doering said it was the worst murder case he had ever encountered in his 25 years with the county that includes Brunswick, a city of about 16,000 people between Savannah and Jacksonville, Fla., along Georgia's southeastern coast.

The slayings happened in a mobile home park on the grounds of a historic plantation, nestled among centuries-old, moss-draped oak trees. The park consists of about 100 spaces and is near the center of New Hope Plantation, according to the plantation's Web site.

The 1,100-acre tract is all that remains of a Crown grant made in 1763 to Henry Laurens, who later succeeded John Hancock as president of the Continental Congress in 1777.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation was conducting autopsies Sunday on four of the victims. GBI spokesman John Bankhead said Glynn County police would be in charge of releasing any results, and Doering refused to comment on them. He said autopsies on the remaining four victims were to begin Monday.

Doering defended his vague statements about the case, saying he didn't want the public to know details that might compromise what he called a "tedious" investigation.

Still, the dearth of information has frustrated residents, said Mary Strickland, who owns The Georgia Pig, a popular local barbecue place.

"We got a lot of people who panic and the more information you put out there, the better you make them feel," Strickland said.[i]

Last edited by artnut12345 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:33 am; edited 5 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 Empty Re: Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:12 pm

jmo, I hope this is not drug related but I am leaning that way. I pray I am wrong.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 Empty Re: Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 pm

A weeping relative who stumbled upon a gruesome murder scene in a Georgia mobile home screamed "My whole family is dead!" in a frantic 911 call Saturday alerting police that his father, uncle and cousins appeared to be bludgeoned to death.

"It looks like they've been beaten. I don't know what to do," said 22-year-old Guy Heinze Jr., who pleaded for help following a weekend attack at a mobile home park in southeastern Georgia that left eight dead of their injuries.

When authorities arrived Saturday morning, they found seven people dead and two clinging to life in a trash-strewn trailer in a mobile home park in Georgia. Police have refused to say how they were killed or give a possible motive. An eighth person died Sunday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:44 pm

This would be enough to scare the whole town. I am leaning toward drug involvement as well. How gruesome. 9 people in all. How many of them were kids do we know? I only see the age of one of them. The one that was rescued and died later. Any other names given?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:57 pm

What the hell?? So, they arrested Heinze? He is the one that made the 911 call, correct? They think he did it?

I am sorry - I am confused..can you tell??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:20 pm

Wrapitup,

They have arrested him because they say "he tampered with evidence or changed some of the crime scene" and "he had some weed on him." IMO, he tried to clean out the drug stash & he was so nervous CSI could tell what he did. I guess this is why I think it might be drug related. I hope not.

Very little information has come out in this case & I do know a downs syndrome child died at the hospital today. I am still looking for updates in this sad case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:47 am

From the Associated Press:
8 people slain in Ga. were 'good country folks'
By KATE BRUMBACK and RUSS BYNUM
Associated Press Writers

Police Tightlipped in Mobile Home Killings
Watch Related Video

911 Caller: 'My Whole Family Is Dead!'

8 people slain in Ga. were 'good country folks'

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) -- Rusty Toler Sr. took in people who were down on their luck, packing his mobile home with relatives and others who had lost their jobs or fallen on hard times.

It's what good country folk do, says the manager of the park where Toler, his four children, two siblings and his daughter's boyfriend were found slain. Ten people lived in the single-wide, 980-square-foot trailer in coastal Georgia that cost Toler $405 a month.

Police have no suspects and have not said how the family died."They were very good people," said Laura Davis, an aunt to Toler's children. "They struggled but they had what they needed. They had a roof over their heads and clothes on their backs."

Police released the names and ages of the dead Tuesday, three days after the carnage was reported in a frantic 911 call by a relative who said he had returned from a night out to find his whole family dead.
"It's just a shock," said Gail Montgomery, who manages the New Hope Plantation mobile home park where Toler and his family lived. "They were just what I'd call good country folks. I don't think any of them would hurt a fly."

The victims included 44-year-old Toler and his four children: Chrissy Toler, 22; Russell D. Toler Jr., 20; Michael Toler, 19; and Michelle Toler, 15.
Also killed were two of Toler's siblings - Guy Heinze Sr., 45, and Brenda Gail Falagan, 49, as well as 30-year-old Joseph L. West, Chrissy Toler's boyfriend. A ninth victim, whom police did not identify, remained in critical condition Tuesday.

A grieving Diane Isenhower, Toler Sr.'s ex-wife and mother to their four slain children, said she wants whoever killed them to pay.
"Oh my God, I want my babies back," Isenhower told WJXT-TV in Jacksonville, Fla. "Oh God, it's bad. It's so bad. I want to get the people that did this to my baby. They're animals, animals."
Montgomery said the elder Toler had taken in his brother, a nephew, his daughter and her boyfriend because they had lost jobs and couldn't find work. Montgomery said his daughter's young child also lived with them and was the lone survivor.

Toler Sr. had worked for 20 years at a plant that dries chemicals and food products located behind the mobile home park, but was laid off several months ago, said Kathy Clock, administrative assistant to the owner of the plant and New Hope Plantation.Montgomery said Toler Sr. also did odd jobs for her, including groundskeeping and hauling trailers.

But he had too many people living in the home. They were told more than two months ago they would have to move, which they planned to do.
"He had a big heart," Montgomery said. "And you just don't tell your family no."

Toler Sr. received notice of eviction proceedings Aug. 13 and was to have been in court with the landlord Monday, two days after he was killed. Montgomery said they had come to an agreement - the family had found a new place and promised to move out by Sept. 8.
"Rusty took care of family," Clock said. "If you needed a place to sleep, there was a place to sleep."
Davis, the children's aunt, said she had never known the family to have enemies, especially anyone who would want to kill them.

"I don't think somebody did this because they're mad at them," Davis said. "I think this is just a senseless murder."

Police have released little information about the case that has rocked this port city between Savannah and Jacksonville, Fla., saying they don't want to jeopardize their investigation.
It was Heinze's son, Guy Heinze Jr., 22, who told police he found the bodies after returning home Saturday morning.A recording of a 12-minute 911 call has provided some of the only details about the crime.
Heinze Jr. could be heard on the call screaming, "My whole family's dead!" and struggled to describe what he saw, at one point returning to the mobile home to find his cousin Michael, whom he said had Down syndrome, barely breathing.

"Michael's alive, tell them to hurry!" Heinze Jr. yelled in the background as a maintenance man at the mobile home park spoke with a dispatcher. "He's beat up! His face is smashed in!"

Michael Toler died Sunday at a hospital in Savannah.
Several hours after Heinze Jr. said he found the bodies, police arrested him on charges of drug possession, tampering with evidence and lying to a police officer. Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering said he isn't calling Heinze Jr. a suspect in the killings but isn't ruling him out. Heinze's attorney said he is distraught over the slayings and was not involved.

"My client believes the killer is still on the loose," said the lawyer, Ron Harrison, who said Heinze Jr. is cooperating with police.

Heinze Jr. is scheduled for court on Wednesday.
A graveside service was tentatively set for the Tolers, Heinze and Falagan on Saturday, according to the Howard-Jones-Nobles Funeral Home. Details of West's funeral were not immediately available.
"The only comfort I can draw from this is that Rusty did the best he could for his children," Davis said. "And he's in heaven now with his children."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:50 am

This is a Horrific CRIME! I have searched for 30 minutes just to update it.

Is it because they are POOR? More people were killed in this incident than the LOADED & DRUNKEN mom that killed 8.

This is just frightening. These people had NOTHING. I feel so sorry for the lone survivor, I pray he can tell LE who did this horrible crime to his family. crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:44 am

Could it be the man was taken into protective custody?
He had drugs, and apparently was a user. If the killings were drug related, then this man may have been the target and LE needs to keep him safe to track down the killer(s). Sort of reminds me of the Florida couple being killed. Several people involved.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:26 pm

oh man....

it probably was drug related, and he didnt pay his bill
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Artnut, I did some researching also. I was so appalled, that media reported the murders had taken place in a mobile home. It just amazes me some of the stuff that seems to be all important to media and makes no difference about what happened. Hassani Campbell was reported to have gone missing while standing beside his uncle's BMW. Like the type of home someone lived in or the car from where a child went missing has anything to do with these horrific events.
There are drug deals gone bad in some mighty fancy homes. Trailer Courts, Public Housing, and such are not the only places. It just infuriates me that where you live or the kind of car you drive makes a difference. Do you know, that if you live in a fancy home and have new car, and something happens to you where you must sue for damages, you will get a bigger settlement, based on your life style.
An old woman in a Caddy got a huge settlement from McD's because she spilled hot coffee in her lap going through a drive thru. I got hit by a malfunctioning automatic door, that the store KNEW was defective, and even though I had many medical bills and was disabled by it, I received a very small amount, simply because, they took into account that I lived in a Mobile Home Community and drove a four year old S-10. I just don't understand life sometimes.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:34 am

yeah good point marica. we have a lonnnngg way to go in this world.

the reason i say it was probably drugs is because everyone in that house was a target. it didnt appear to be theft. there were probably more than one attacker. i dunno, stuff like this doesnt just happen randomly if they wanted to break in. this seemed like a targeted attack. taking the whole family down is a gang thing

is your name marica or america?
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:56 am

Oh, I wasn't targeting your comment. I was just furious that media made a POINT of what type of home they lived in. I have noticed this is a point in the Cummins case as well. No mention of the kind of house Ms. Campbell lived in. Of course it WAS NOT a mobile home. Media puts hype on things that has nothing to do with the situation.
I too wonder about drugs in this case, and like you because of the style of the crime.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:20 am

Several hours after Heinze Jr. said he found the bodies, police arrested him on charges of drug possession, tampering with evidence and lying to a police officer. Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering said he isn't calling Heinze Jr. a suspect in the killings but isn't ruling him out. Heinze's attorney said he is distraught over the slayings and was not involved.
Ok that says a lot to me. Usually it is the person who first found the victims that LE looks at. Wow I mean they arrest him for drugs, lying to LE (about what) and tampering with evidence. I doubt that there is a murderer running around lose. I think they have their man.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:02 am

I''m over the edge, going around the bend. I've lost it. (If I ever had it to begin wit.) LindaMarie, I agree that most often it is the one who makes such discovery who is "The ONE". Yet I sit here thinking, HTH??? How could he have killed that many people? His ow family? For what reason? Something just doesn't seem quite right. It seems there is something very major not being revealed. Somehow it just doesn't fit for me that he is the one.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:22 pm

This just in from the Associated Press. No other information available yet.
Man who called 911 charged with mobile home deaths!

BRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) -- Police have arrested a family member who called 911 on eight counts of first-degree murder in the slayings of people found in a Georgia mobile home.

Guy Heinze Jr. was arrested Friday on charges that he killed the people whose bodies were found last weekend near the coastal community of Brunswick. Among those killed were seven of Heinze's relatives.

In a frantic 911 call early last Saturday, Heinze had told a dispatcher "My whole family's dead!"

Hours after the bodies were found, the 22-year-old was charged with evidence tampering and drug possession. But police didn't say until Friday that they suspected him of the killings
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:32 pm

It looks like you girls were spot on the MURDERER!

I was just hoping that he was not involved. What in the world would make someone kill so many people? How did he beat them one by one? Why wouldn't they run? We need more information!

There is a front row seat in hell for this SCUMBAG!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:34 pm

ok WOAH!

i gotta just watch this play out, its too confusing
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:54 pm

What did he do, drug them before he killed them?
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 am

Man who called 911 charged with mobile home deaths

BRUNSWICK, Ga. – The 911 call was chilling: A frantic 22-year-old told a dispatcher he had returned home from a night out to find his entire family dead in his father's mobile home.

After a week working a case so murky they could not say whether a killer was on the loose, police said Guy Heinze Jr. was responsible for the slayings he reported and charged him with eight counts of first-degree murder. Among the dead were seven of his relatives, including his father.

As family members prepared to bury the victims Saturday, Glynn County Police Chief Matt Doering said two new pieces of information led authorities to charge Heinze late Friday.

He would not say what that information was or how the victims died last weekend at a mobile home park a few miles north of Brunswick, a port city midway between Savannah and Jacksonville, Fla.

The chief also declined to say whether police believe Heinze acted alone.

"Right now, I don't know," Doering said. "I do know he's involved... I would have not allowed him to be arrested if I was not comfortable with that."

Doering, who insists revealing details about the slayings could jeopardize the investigation, said he wasn't sure Heinze was responsible for the deaths until late Friday afternoon.

"It's the most heinous crime we've ever had in this community," he said.

Hours after the bodies were found, Heinze was charged with evidence tampering, lying to police and drug possession. The arrest warrant for the evidence tampering charge says Heinze admitted removing a shotgun from the home and trying to hide it from police in the trunk of his car. He told police he thought the gun was stolen.

But police never said they suspected him in the killings, and he was released on bond on the lesser charges for about two hours Friday before he was charged with murder and returned to the county jail.

A phone message left for Heinze Jr.'s attorney, Ron Harrison, was not immediately returned. Harrison said earlier this week that Heinze denied any part in the slayings.

In the call to emergency dispatchers early Aug. 29, Heinze said it appeared the victims had been beaten to death.

"My whole family's dead!" he screamed. At one point he returned to the mobile home to find his cousin Michael Toler, whom he said had Down syndrome, barely breathing.

"Michael's alive, tell them to hurry!" Heinze yelled in the background as a maintenance man at the mobile home park spoke with a dispatcher. "He's beat up! His face is smashed in!"

Toler died later at a hospital. The seven other victims were found dead at the scene. The sole survivor was 3-year-old Byron Jimmerson Jr., the son of one of the slain women. He was critically injured and remained hospitalized after.

On Friday, as Heinze was arrested, family members gathered for a funeral home visitation. The victims were to be buried Saturday.

The dead included the suspect's father, Guy Heinze Sr., 45; his uncle, Rusty Toler Sr., 44; and his aunt, Brenda Gail Falagan, 49. Also slain were Toler Sr.'s four children — Chrissy Toler, 22; Russell D. Toler Jr., 20; Michael Toler, 19; and Michelle Toler, 15.

Chrissy Toler's boyfriend, Joseph L. West, 30, was also killed. Byron is her son.

Clint Rowe, who has been acting as a spokesman for the family, said it was "definitely a surprise" to learn of the arrest at the visitation.

"I'm floored right now," Rowe, who is an uncle to the Toler children, said from the funeral home. "But right now it's just an arrest. We have to see where this thing takes us so I'm going to keep my mouth shut until the Glynn County Police Department informs us of more."

Gail Montgomery, the manager of the New Hope Plantation mobile home park, where the slayings happened, said the arrest leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

"I'm feeling just like everyone else is right now, we're all shocked," she said. "We don't know what any of the circumstances are. We don't know if there was more than one or if it was him by himself."

us_mobile_home_slayings

WHY would he do this????
crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:30 am

I keep asking self the same. It is like there is something we are missing. I wonder if he drugged his family before attacking them. I cannot figure out how so many could be killed without others there not having fought him or escaped. The thing that really blows my mind is the killing of the children. Starting to think there is something in the air in Florida affecting people, like too much space shuttle fumes! I'm not trying to be funny, and I don't think I am paranoid... YET, but I guess ever since my son served in Shield/Storm, the thought of air contamination has been in the back of my mind. And at the moment, I am starting to wonder about myself. Crap I can't even think of the proper term for what I am trying to discuss. Anyway, I cannot get over the number of insane horrific crimes being committed in Florida. Sort of makes me wonder if the unstable are seeing/hearing about attention being given those who are killing and thinking, "Hey I can go one better than that".
I know, I am babbling like a nut job myself. I cannot imagine being in Law Enforcement this day in age. I wonder how our LE people can keep doing their jobs with the horrible crimes they are faced with having to solve.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 Empty Attorneys for Guy Heinze Jr. have filed a motion asking the judge to close all pretrial proceedings to the public as well as the media.

Post by Nama Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:54 am

Lawyers for the man charged in the Glynn County massacre that left eight people dead are going to court, hoping to prevent pre-trial publicity from hurting their client's case.
Attorneys for Guy Heinze Jr. have filed a motion asking the judge to close all pretrial proceedings to the public as well as the media.
The slayings in the Brunswick mobile home park have many people talking. They have gained national attention, particularly when Heinze was arrested and charged with murder.
His 911 call on the morning the bodies were found was played nationwide. But that could be the last the public will hear from the case for some time.
The motion Heinze's attorneys have filed with the courts would close all hearings and the trial, and shut down any publicity in the case.

The attorneys want the judge to issue a gag order, keep the public and the news media out of court and seal all documents related to the case.
The motion says, "There has been massive high prejudicial publicity on both a local and national scale regarding this case.”
The lawyers said all the publicity is prejudicial and threatens a fair trial for Heinze.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 Empty Court set for May 25

Post by Nama Tue May 04, 2010 5:13 pm

The man charged with the beating deaths of eight people will be in court next month.

Guy Heinze Jr. will go before Chief Superior Court Judge Amanda Williams on May 25 for a first appearance hearing and status conference. Williams scheduled the hearing in an order filed late Thursday afternoon.

During the hearing, Heinze will be informed of his rights and the fact prosecutors are seeking the death penalty. Williams and the lawyers also are expected to discuss scheduling for pretrial hearings.

On the morning of Aug. 29, Heinze made a frantic 911 call saying his family had been beaten to death. Glynn County police rushed to New Hope Plantation Mobile Home Park, where they found seven dead and two others gravely injured inside a mobile home. One of the survivors died within days.

Heinze was indicted by a county grand jury Sept. 8 on eight counts of malice murder and one count of aggravated assault with the intent to commit murder. The 22-year-old construction worker faces the death penalty if convicted of even one of the killings.

He is charged with killing his father, Guy Heinze Sr., 45; his uncle, Russell D. Toler Sr., 44; his cousins Chrissy Toler, 22, Michael Toler, 19, Russell Toler Jr., 20, and Michelle Toler, 15; Russell D. Toler's sister Brenda Gail Falagan, 49; and Joseph L. West Jr., 30, who was Chrissy Toler's boyfriend.

The sole survivor, Chrissy Toler's son, Byron Jimerson Jr., 3, continues to recover and was placed in foster care after the slayings, authorities said.

Heinze remains jailed without bail awaiting trial.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 5:38 pm

BJ you are so awesome to update these stories for us.
Couple Hugging
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 Empty Guy Heinze Jr. in court for Glynn mass murder case

Post by Nama Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:23 pm

Diane Isenhour wept silently and clutched a tissue Tuesday as the man charged with murdering her four children, former husband and a former sister-in-law last year sat just a few feet away between his lawyers.

Guy Heinze Jr., 22, did not look at Isenhour but did glance at his younger brother, Tyler, who sat in the back of the courtroom during an hourlong hearing before Chief Superior Court Judge Amanda Williams.

It was Heinze’s first Superior Court appearance since his indictment on malice murder and other charges in the beating deaths of seven family members and a friend Aug. 29 inside their home at New Hope Plantation Mobile Home Park near Brunswick.

The former construction worker is charged with killing his father, Guy Heinze Sr., 45; his uncle, Russell “Rusty” D. Toler Sr., 44; his cousins Chrissy Toler, 22, Michael Toler, 19, Russell Toler Jr., 20, and Michelle Toler, 15; Russell D. Toler’s sister Brenda Gail Falagan, 49; and Joseph L. West Jr., 30, who was Chrissy Toler’s boyfriend.

Heinze also is charged with aggravated assault with intent to commit murder in the severe beating of 3-year-old Byron Jimerson Jr., the sole survivor of the attack

Byron, who is Chrissy Toler’s son, is doing well but remains in foster care, family members said Tuesday.

Isenhour is Byron’s maternal grandmother. She was the mother of Chrissy, Michael, Russell Jr. and Michelle Toler. Isenhour also was the former wife of Rusty Toler, and was Falagan’s former sister-in-law.

“It’s a rough road. … I’m having faith in the Lord,” Isenhour told the Times-Union as she left the courthouse with relatives and friends.

A few minutes earlier, Tyler Heinze left with his stepfather. The teenager remains steadfast in his belief that his brother is innocent.

“I haven’t heard anything to convince me that one person could kill eight people like that and come out without a scratch,” Tyler Heinze said.

His brother is “scared to death, and he knows that he didn’t do it,” Tyler Heinze said.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Guy Heinze Jr., who made a frantic 911 call saying he had returned home to find his whole family beaten to death.

Glynn County police arrived to find Michael Toler and the baby barely alive, and the bodies of the dead lying throughout the single-wide, three-bedroom home. Michael Toler died the next day. Police arrested Heinze on murder charges six days after the slayings. He initially had been arrested on charges of tampering with evidence, obstructing police and drug possession on the day after the killings.

Heinze spoke only once during Tuesday’s hearing. In a clear, strong voice, Heinze replied, “No, your honor,” when Williams asked if he had any objections to his lawyers, Joseph Vigneri and Charles Nester, of the Georgia Capital Defenders Office.

His hair and beard grown out but neatly trimmed, Heinze listened attentively as Williams explained the legal procedures.

He occasionally looked up at her, but mostly focused on a copy of the procedures as she explained them.

Williams denied a blanket motion from Vigneri and Nester, who sought to close all pretrial hearings, seal all court filings and impose a gag order on the police, lawyers, court personnel and potential witnesses.

Vigneri asserted such secrecy was needed to prevent negative and prejudicial pretrial publicity and ensure Heinze receives a fair trial.

Williams reserved the right to close some hearings, but emphasized her court is, and will be, open to the public.

“I do not believe in private trials. … This is not a star chamber. The right of the public and press to have access to the courtroom is of the highest value,” Williams said.

She declined to impose a gag order, but instructed the lawyers not to discuss the facts of the case in the news media or community. Williams asked Assistant District Attorneys Todd Naugle and Greg Perry to urge police officials not to discuss the case in the news media or community.

Williams told the lawyers they could request a change of venue if they believe Heinze cannot receive a fair trial in Glynn County.

She said she won’t arraign Heinze for at least three months. That interval will allow the prosecution and defense to examine the potential evidence and file pretrial motions.

Vigneri said he and Nester likely would need more time because they have only one investigator.

“Then I suggest you tell the Capital Defender’s Office to get you another one,” said Williams, noting she will issue a court order mandating another investigator.

Although it might be years before Heinze stands trial, Williams told the lawyers to proceed with all due diligence to prepare the case.

“It needs to be tried when it’s ready, but also, it doesn’t need to be withering on the vine,” Williams said.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:58 pm

Vigneri said he and Nester likely would need more time because they have only one investigator.

“Then I suggest you tell the Capital Defender’s Office to get you another one,” said Williams, noting she will issue a court order mandating another investigator.

Although it might be years before Heinze stands trial, Williams told the lawyers to proceed with all due diligence to prepare the case.

“It needs to be tried when it’s ready, but also, it doesn’t need to be withering on the vine,” Williams said.
Exactly!! Williams said it perfectly!

This guy kills his family and then calls 911 and cries, "my whole family is dead". It's just unreal that a family member could kill his family. WHY??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 Empty Crime Lab Blamed in Heinze Delay

Post by Nama Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 am

Guy Heinze, Jr. is charged in a notorious murder case that's now being held up by what a prosecutor describes as delays at the budget-cut state crime lab. (photo Glynn County Police Department)
The backlog of cases at the state's crime lab is slowing down one of Georgia's most notorious murder investigations.

Guy Heinze, Jr. is awaiting trial on charges he beat to death eight people, including seven members of his family in a Brunswick mobile home last year.

He's also charged with beating a surviving three-year-old.

The case attracted international attentional for its brutality.

Investigators now say it might take until the end of the year before the state's back-logged crime lab can analyze blood, fiber, video and other evidence.

Jerry Word of the Georgia Capital Defenders office says cases up and down the criminal justice spectrum are being delayed.

"It's having more of an impact and slowing down the cases that are more routine, like murder cases that aren't death penalty cases, drug cases, those types of cases where they're backlogged and it's taking longer and longer for clients to go to court," Word says. "If law enforcement can't do their job, then the courts can't do their job."

The state's crime labs have come under increasing pressure because of the repeated budget cuts.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 Empty Side drama

Post by Nama Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:18 am

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 490202797

The teenage brother of the man charged with beating eight people to death last summer told Brunswick police he was robbed at gunpoint Thursday night while helping a stray dog.

Tyler Heinze, 17, reported that a gunman stole $417 cash from him after he stopped in a neighborhood once known as a hotbed of illegal drug activity to walk a dog that he and two friends had just found in the roadway.

"I was stupid. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm not doing that again," Heinze told the Times-Union during a brief telephone interview Friday.

He was not injured in the holdup that he told police occurred in the vicinity of London and Stonewall streets about 6 p.m.

"I'm fine. As fine as you can be, I guess," said Heinze, who declined further comment after voicing concern for his two friends.

He is the younger brother of Guy Heinze Jr., who faces the death penalty if convicted of murdering their father, six relatives and a family friend Aug. 29 at a mobile home they shared at New Hope Plantation Mobile Home Park.

Tyler Heinze has staunchly defended his older brother and repeatedly said he believes he is innocent.

Officer Rob Mastroianni in the incident report said Heinze gave the following account of the robbery:

It occurred while he and his friends were en route from Jekyll Island to a pizza place in downtown Brunswick. Along the way they saw the dog and picked it up.

"As they were taking a shortcut through Dixville, on a route none of them could explain, Mr. Heinze stated the dog looked like it needed to go to the bathroom. They stopped to walk the dog and while Mr. Heinze was walking the dog he was counting his money from his paycheck he had just cashed," Mastroianni's report says.

At that point, a man approached, pulled out a black pistol, placed it against Heinze's head and said, "Give me the envelope and I'll let you live."

Heinze and his friends gave police slightly different descriptions of the gunman and his clothing, he said.

Mastroianni included this observation: "I noticed the stray dog to be a clean, well-groomed and trimmed Schnauzer, with a [5-pound] bag of dog food in the vehicle."

He also said Heinze did not want to go back to the robbery scene and advised one of his friends not to give her residential information to police, according to the incident report.

No arrest had been reported Friday.

Heinze is expected to attended a pretrial hearing for his brother on Thursday. Guy Heinze will appear before Chief Superior Court Judge Amanda Williams for a hearing to determine the status of potential evidence in the case.

Acting District Attorney David Perry said the hearing is to update Williams about what evidence is still being processed at the state crime lab, what has been turned over to the defense for review and what evidence the defense has turned over to prosecutors.

"We'll present what's been done, what needs to be done and where we're at in proceeding with the case," Perry told the Times-Union.

Heinze Jr. is charged with killing his father, Guy Heinze Sr., 45; his uncle, Russell "Rusty" D. Toler Sr., 44; his cousins Chrissy Toler, 22, Michael Toler, 19, Russell Toler Jr., 20, and Michelle Toler, 15; Russell D. Toler's sister Brenda Gail Falagan, 49; and Joseph L. West Jr., 30, who was Chrissy Toler's boyfriend.

The 22-year-old former construction worker also is charged with aggravated assault with intent to commit murder in the severe beating of 3-year-old Byron Jimerson Jr., the sole survivor of the attack.

Glynn County police discovered the bodies after Heinze Jr. made a frantic 911 call saying his whole family had been beaten to death.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 Empty The Face of Evil/ Guy Heinze

Post by Nama Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 am

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 GuyHeinzeJrGlynnPoliceLand_3
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:28 am

Give me a break!!! He was befriending a dog? NO, he was buying drugs and got robbed. And he is a staunch defender for the above pictured dirt bag????

I pray this idiot fries!!!

And, where is the little 3 year old that survived? Sorry if I missed that part.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Guy Heinze Jr arrested in the death of 8 family members in GA/ Court date set for May 25 Empty Trial coming up May 25th

Post by Nama Tue May 17, 2011 1:52 am

Bump
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down