Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

+11
laga
prayerbone
janie
adelacruz
CritterFan1
ladyjustice37
Juanita
Wrapitup
TerryRose
Cory
mommyof3kids
15 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 11 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:11 pm

prayerbone wrote:Also being English and living in England , you get the impression that someone with a house on a lot of land , is middle to upper middle class...Is that true of NM and BB middle class kids playing at being "street" ???
HI Prayer, I live in a rural area, you will be driving and see a gorgeous farm with a gate, barns, beautiful landscaping. You can drive around a curve just down the road and there might be a single wide trailer out in the middle of a huge field. A lot of family's have an old home place that might even be falling apart, with little houses built on the property as kids got married, etc. Of course there are middle class people everywhere, any town, but land not always an indication of wealth. Not sure about Cory's neck of the woods.
drugs...my rural, small town has crack dealers, an entire street behind the nice part of town where the city even went in and burned the houses of crack dealers. There are soft drugs also.No gangs but the drug dealers can have a criminal history. You may have an angle here on the drugs!!!

Last edited by CritterFan1 on Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : there not their)

CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman - Page 11 Empty Re: Unsolved Murder of 15 yr old Leah Freeman

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:18 pm

laga wrote:
prayerbone wrote:Hi all , if a person feels morally responable for a crime , even though he didn't actually do the crime , would that person fail a polygraph on the question : Did you physically do something that resulted in harm to Leah..

no

Hmmmmmmm is there any scientific reseach for their reliability??..Are you saying that NM guilty if he failed??

Say i stole something as a kid , say i stole £20 from my dads wallet , and over time morally regretted my actions , to the point of extreame guilt , wouldn't i consider myself a theif? So say i was asked in a test about stealing ,wouldn't guilt and nerves have a role in my answer ...

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:19 pm

CritterFan1 wrote:
laga wrote:
prayerbone wrote:Hi all , if a person feels morally responable for a crime , even though he didn't actually do the crime , would that person fail a polygraph on the question : Did you physically do something that resulted in harm to Leah..

no
Personally I agree with Laga on this one. It seems to me that the opposite can be true...like a person really did the crime, convinced themselves either they did not do it or they were justified in their actions... A person with no moral fiber such as that could pass a poly...
IMO I just do not see it if they were just thinking of hurting someone. This is just my opinion.

This is the way I vew this as well. I do think someone with no conscience could pass a lie detector if they were truly guilty.... But I highly doubt the opposite is true.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:09 pm

A small point about the pdf files...

I presume that BB and his g/f stayed at his grandparents house that evening ?? It states that NM picked them up , i didnt read anywhere else that he was picked up ,other then by NM at 11pm( i guess the gf could of had a car) Seems to me its pointing towards a party ??

Last edited by prayerbone on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Being taken to ur grandparents , points to your staying the night there , or you know your not going to able to drive legally later in the evening (i'm presuming he could drive though)

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:40 pm

prayerbone wrote:
laga wrote:

no

Hmmmmmmm is there any scientific reseach for their reliability??..Are you saying that NM guilty if he failed??

Say i stole something as a kid , say i stole £20 from my dads wallet , and over time morally regretted my actions , to the point of extreame guilt , wouldn't i consider myself a theif? So say i was asked in a test about stealing ,wouldn't guilt and nerves have a role in my answer ...

yes, there is an abundance of scientific evidence concerning the reliability of polygraph testing. You might check this out for one...http://www.polygraph.org/validity-research

In your example above, if you were asked later if you had ever stolen anything and you did recall the incident of your father's wallet but answered in the negative, the polygraph would show that you are being deceptive. Not because you regretted your actions, nor because you felt quilty, but simply because you had stolen something and lied. You asked if I believe NM is quilty if he failed, I believe he was deceptive in his answer and I believe one plus one equals two.

Just curious, what is morally quilty as opposed to actually quilty?
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Oh and according the map theres 3 petrol station(gas to u) along Central , they must of had surveillance even in 2000...

Just thinking aloud :scratch:

But theres a petrol station right on central next to elm street nth where the shoe was found , if thats open late wouldn't a car accident on Elm nrth been seen or heard???

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:07 pm

Sorry i'm not trying to be vague Laga , just trying to make what i'm thinking into a sentence..

Hmmmmm say your Leahs b/f and other people are responsable for the murder , but you know them or your connected to them through the drug scene , your fearful of them , way out of ur league ...You've brought these people into Leahs life and your too fearful to confront them , maybe they even put pressure on you to go along with covering up the murder ...

Would that be enough to fail the polygraph , because you feel morally responable even so you didnt "actually" do it , so to speak

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:20 pm

prayerbone wrote:Oh and according the map theres 3 petrol station(gas to u) along Central , they must of had surveillance even in 2000...

But theres a petrol station right on central next to elm street nth where the shoe was found , if thats open late wouldn't a car accident on Elm nrth been seen or heard???
ANdy,
There are no surveillance cameras outside or around any of our gas stations here in Coquille. That would have been nice, though!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:25 pm

treaves wrote:
prayerbone wrote:Oh and according the map theres 3 petrol station(gas to u) along Central , they must of had surveillance even in 2000...

ANdy,
There are no surveillance cameras outside or around any of our gas stations here in Coquille. That would have been nice, though!

If Leah was accidentally / or on purpose , knocked over near where her shoe was found , been heard / seen at the garage on central by Elm St north

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:27 pm

I just can't see a car incident on Central , not being witnessed , but i don't know the town :scratch:

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:36 pm

Laga american law states even if you didn't commit the crime , but was there ,your as guilty as the person who commited the crime ...You will be tried (spelling lol) as responsible as the other person...

So say NM was in a car that killed Leah, but wasn't driving , would he fail the polygraph , if he claimed he was innocent ..

Last edited by prayerbone on Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:40 pm

Without going back to read...what day of the week was it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:50 pm

Think it was a Wednesday

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:55 pm

prayerbone, I don't thing the drug scene in coquille is/was quite what you imagine. I do not think the teens were involved in any "big time" drug dealings. While it is true we have very few facts and anything is possible, I see nothing to lead me to that conclusion. I think they were just an average group of teens, smoking a little pot, drinking a few beers, etc.

About "American law" it is true one can be charged and prosecuted for being involved in a crime without being the one to commit the actual deed, pulling the trigger so to speak, but not for just "being there".

For example..you and I are riding in car, you are driving, you cause a wreck resulting in a fatality, you will be charged with vehicular homicide but not I as a passenger.

you and I are riding in a car, you are driving, we stop at bank, I go in and in execution of a robbery I shoot and kill a teller, we will both be charged with murder. You may be able to get off if you hire a high-priced attorney and convince the jury you were not privy to my robbery plans, good luck. BTW, your brother will be charged as accessory to murder and obstruction of justice for hiding us in his barn.

Our justice system needs an overhaul as it has moved too far to the other side of balance in an attempt to assure no innocent person is convicted and punished. But, as it is, the criminals have too many rights and the victims and their families have few. Too many times the guilty get off free or as in this case are never brought to trial.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:57 am

Ok Laga thks ....

There as been some references to other drugs involved in the case lsd for one ....The police search seemed to indicate that someone was maybe moving on to stronger stuff , true the modfied lighbulb in it of itself doesn't 100% indicate class A drugs , it could very well be just teens using it for "image" or "acting out" maybe it was just that ....But strong drugs COULD be involved ...

Last edited by prayerbone on Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:04 am

Also i'm not saying it was big time drug dealers , but could be BB and NM just involved with people from the wrong side of the street , the pair strike me as middle class kids ...

You don't need to meet big time dealers to meet people that quickly become unsavory..I myself come from a decent working class family , but i don't need too walk more then a mile to bump into people ,who would leave me out of my depth & intimidated....

But the main reason i wanted to know if he could fail the test , but not of actually comitted the crime, was just to see how it sized up against rumours other people were involved/ responsible and NM and BB were there...

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:10 pm

prayerbone wrote:I just can't see a car incident on Central , not being witnessed , but i don't know the town :scratch:

It is actually possible. This is a tiny town and Central is almost entirely businesses...so if it was that late...on a week night..and no one was out on the street...no one would see you. I'm going to try and see if my son will video tape this portion of central with his flip video and upload it on youtube for me today. It's a Sunday so won't be much actvity. I'll wait until dusk so you can still see the street, ok?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:48 pm

Yeah thks Treaves would be interesting to see !!

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Hi Everyone!!! I'm not ignoring you....just really busy getting ready for the vigil which is tomorrow night!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:25 pm

What time is it at? ♥️
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:50 pm

BlowKisses I will be there in spirit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:28 pm

As its already the 3rd here , Cory lots of love and a big hug to you and your family Couple Hugging

andy x

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:32 pm

JUSTICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night all

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:41 pm

Good night Prayerbone :sleep: Have a great night and see you in the morning :flower:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:43 pm

by lindamarie Today at 5:50 pm

I will be there in spirit.

Me too, or maybe I will be there via phone? If my mom goes, she can call me Fingers Crossed
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:40 pm

prayerbone wrote:As its already the 3rd here , Cory lots of love and a big hug to you and your family Couple Hugging

andy x

Couple Hugging Couple Hugging Thank You Andy! I wish the tears would quit streaming down my face...I can't hardly see the screen... crying I will be ok....just gotta get through this day.

Rest in Peace my sweet Angel Leah...................... :littleangel:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:43 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:
by lindamarie Today at 5:50 pm

I will be there in spirit.

Me too, or maybe I will be there via phone? If my mom goes, she can call me Fingers Crossed

I know! I believe everyone on this site will be there in spirit. Thank you all so much for all you do. God Bless you all! Group Hug
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:49 pm

God Bless you today Cory! I changed my avatar today in honor of you beautiful daughter Leah! May the day come that Justice will come for her, and I truly do have this feeling that it will be soon! In my heart I really truly feel that!!! Big Hug BlowKisses
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Cory...what time will you be out there? I'm going to try really hard to get there...what road do I turn on off of Fairview? I haven't been out there before.
T.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:27 pm

treaves wrote:Cory...what time will you be out there? I'm going to try really hard to get there...what road do I turn on off of Fairview? I haven't been out there before.
T.

I will be out ther around 8:00. Off of Fairview....you turn right on Lee Valley Rd. We have signs out there. It is around 9 miles from town,
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:36 pm

k. ♥️
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Mom, can you call me if you go!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:58 pm

yes I will!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Hmm, has anyone seen prayerbone today? :scratch:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Im here

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Oh good, I thought you Disappeared on us :lightning:
Glad I was wrong Big Hug
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:57 pm

I deleted some message i was bit hasty in the way i read a p/m :roll: sometimes i wonder if im not hindering rather then helping

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Cory, I am there for you in spirit for the vigil!!!!!!! ❤
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Me too! I am still dealing with the stomach flu. I tried to go out today but ended right back home. This stomach yucky what ever it is is kicking my hiney. Tomorrow...granted I am finally feeling better...my son and I will take the video camera out and tape the area on central where Leah was walking. Nite folks...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:27 am

Justice for Leah, answers for Cory

Cory, we were there for you in out hearts and souls yesterday. I wish I could have been there in person for you. butterfly
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:45 am

Way to go Cory!!!!! This was in this morning's early edition of Coquille Community News:

Cold case detective sought in Freeman murder

Cory Courtright, mother of 15-year-old Leah Freeman whose death was ruled a result of homicidal violence in Aug. 2000, is requesting a cold case detective.

While Coos County District Attorney Paul Frasier and Coquille Police Chief Mark Dannels have both said the case remains active, Courtright is frustrated that it appears to be at a standstill.

“I really believe a cold case investigator needs to be brought on-board to take another look at this case from a fresh perspective,” said in a press release. “I think local authorities made many mistakes from day one of the investigation and there is a critical need for everyone involved to be re-interviewed and for the evidence to be re-examined.”

Courtright’s knowledge of her daughter’s murder is minimal. She knows where Freeman’s body was found and the generic explanation of her death, but the actual cause of death has yet to be released because as police explained to her, it may hinder the investigation.

“Not knowing the exact cause of my daughter’s death is excruciating to me,” Courtright said. “I have no idea what Leah went through the last few hours she was living and I still have restless nights wondering what really happened.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:57 am

What is going on? Where did that come from??? I haven't done any interviews with Robert Jump lately? I mean I went to Coquille Community News and saw that aritcle....but where did it come from?? Whoa! My head is spinning on this one!!
Anyway, everyone....The vigil was very nice last nigh. I am SSSOOOOOOO sorry to say that my camera sat on the table and no pictures were taken! I'm so sorry. BUT! KCBY was there so maybe tonight there will be a segment on it!! I will keep checking KCBY's site and post it! In all, there were probably only 15 people there. Chief Dannels and Sgt. Smith did make their attendance which I appreciated very much. They had a city council meeting that they should have been at - but made it to the vigil. Chief Dannels did say a little something at the end. He reminded eveyone that he has only been here a year (next month) and he would appreciate a little more time. He also commended me on being a strong woman. It was just a very nice small vigil. Actually that road is pretty narrow so I don't know how many we could have fit there anyway! I actually held the vigil right on the spot where Leah was dumped.
So thanks for all your thoughts and prayers yesterday. It went well. :D
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Anyway, everyone....The vigil was very nice last nigh. I am SSSOOOOOOO sorry to say that my camera sat on the table and no pictures were taken! I'm so sorry. BUT! KCBY was there so maybe tonight there will be a segment on it!! I will keep checking KCBY's site and post it! In all, there were probably only 15 people there. Chief Dannels and Sgt. Smith did make their attendance which I appreciated very much. They had a city council meeting that they should have been at - but made it to the vigil. Chief Dannels did say a little something at the end. He reminded eveyone that he has only been here a year (next month) and he would appreciate a little more time. He also commended me on being a strong woman. It was just a very nice small vigil. Actually that road is pretty narrow so I don't know how many we could have fit there anyway! I actually held the vigil right on the spot where Leah was dumped.
So thanks for all your thoughts and prayers yesterday. It went well.

I am sooo glad everything went well last night and that is awesome that the new Chief was there!! BlowKisses
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Cory, I am confused..you did NOT do an interview w/the Coquille Community News???
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Cory, I am confused..you did NOT do an interview w/the Coquille Community News???

No I did not!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:09 pm

by Cory Today at 1:41 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
Cory, I am confused..you did NOT do an interview w/the Coquille Community News???

No I did not!

SO the article is false and you did not say anything that was written? Isn't that, um, well WRONG :scratch:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:14 pm

:sorry: This is just wrong on every level. How dare they??
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Cory, please know there were many, many more there with you, you were in my thoughts all day.

The chief was right you are a strong woman. I would like to ask him how much MORE time he is asking for and what he is doing to advance the case during this time and what legal right he stands on, withholding the information gathered, from you, especially the autopsy results. Without a court order I don't believe they can keep that information from you if you request it.

About the press release, maybe the reporter was just lazy and used an old statement without acknowledging it was from a time ago. IDK???
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:04 pm

I am so glad that Chief Dannels and Sgt. Smith were there. I hope KCBY puts something on the news so we can all see it. It feels like something is about to break. Just a feeling...but a strong one. Exercise Big Hug
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 pm

Victim of nine year-old murder remembered at Vigil

COQUILLE, Ore. -Still seeking justice for the unsolved murder of Leah Freeman, Monday August 3, marked the ninth anniversary of the day law officials found her body, about a month after she had gone missing.

And for the first time, her friends and family decided to gather at the site for an emotional candlelight Vigil in her memory.

Fifteen years-old at the time she went missing, the search went on roughly five weeks before the discovery on the outskirts of Coquille, along Lee Valley Road.

Freeman's mother, Cory Courtright says she used to come out all the time and plant flowers but after some vandalism to her wooden cross on site, it's been awhile since she's made it back out here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next