Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news for the Anthony prosecution

4 posters

Go down

Good news for the Anthony prosecution Empty Good news for the Anthony prosecution

Post by artgal16 Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:10 pm

This is an interesting article on wesh.com
Also the hotshot lawyers apparently arent so smart -
the attorney Hornsby says that the motions filed by Baez and gang
were procedurally incorrect and lacking in substance
and should have been filed last year!

source:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr. Bruce Levy, who also is the chief medical examiner in Tennessee, said it also is not unusual that the FBI found DNA from one of its own technicians in a sample.

Levy's comments come as Anthony defense team seeks to have charges against her dismissed, citing what they call a lack of evidence linking Anthony to her daughter Caylee's death.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder and is in Orange County Jail awaiting trial next year.

Levy examined the recent FBI lab results on duct tape found across Caylee skull when he remained were discovered in an Orange County woods in December 2008. He said it is not surprising little DNA was left once the body was found.

"If it was on the body while it was exposed to the elements, you may find very degraded DNA or a small fragment," he said.

In its reports, the FBI admitted it did find DNA belonging to one of its own female technicians. Levy said that can happen very innocently and does not mean the lab tests were botched.

"Any person coming into contact or coming near that body can leave DNA evidence unless they're enclosed in a cocoon," Levy said.

WESH 2 has learned that Casey Anthony's defense continues to maintain there is an unknown DNA fragment on the duct tape that does not belong to Caylee, Casey or Cindy Anthony, who is Anthony's mother and Caylee's grandmother.

"I think the defense is going to want to make it as significant as they can...that it belongs to the perpetrator," said Levy.

Levy, a veteran of hundreds of criminal trials, says that might not be Anthony's best defense.

"I think if you want to hang on to one little fact in a sea of facts you may lose sight of the whole case," he said.

Also Thursday, a defense attorney said the motions to dismiss charges against Caset Anthony have no chance of success.

"The motions they filed are lacking in substance and procedurally incorrect," said Richard Hornsby, who has been reviewing the case and speaking with WESH.

For example, Hornsby said the motion to dismiss murder and aggravated child abuse charges should have been filed by the defense last year.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Good news for the Anthony prosecution Empty Re: Good news for the Anthony prosecution

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:16 pm

Artgal, you beat me to it..was just going to post this article. And, I wholeheartedly agree with it!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Good news for the Anthony prosecution Empty Re: Good news for the Anthony prosecution

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Casey Anthony: WESH asks if too much is being made of contamination on duct tape
posted by halboedeker on Oct 1, 2009 5:34:45 PM

How big a deal is the contamination of duct tape found on Caylee Anthony's remains?

It doesn't mean lab tests were botched, WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing stressed in a report tonight. WESH relied on the expertise of Dr. Bruce Levy, chief medical examiner for the state of Tennessee.

"Any person coming into contact or near that body can leave DNA evidence, unless they're literally enclosed in a cocoon," Levy said.

The FBI has acknowledged that a female technician's DNA wound up on the duct tape.

Casey Anthony is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee. Levy questioned the Anthony defense team's focus on a second fragment of DNA on the tape that doesn't belong to any of the Anthonys.

"The defense is going to want to make it as significant as they can possibly make it and claim that it belongs to a perpetrator," Levy said. "If you try to hang on to one tiny fact in a sea of facts, you may lose sight of the whole case."

The little DNA on the duct tape around Caylee's skull wasn't a surprise, either. "If it was on the body while the body was exposed to the elements, exposed to the weather, you would be not surprised to find very degraded DNA, were you might only find a small fragment," Levy said.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Yeah but I have seen jury's hang on issues like this. There is a lot at stake and I believe a jury will weigh all the evidence with a presumption of innocent. And if they can't they should not be on the jury. Could I no. But there are people that can. People that have not followed this case closely. I remember blogging about this before on CSO. A lot of us asked friends and family what they knew about this case. Many knew nothing more than "oh yeah that girl accused of killing her daughter in Florida". Lots of people out there don't know what the blogging world knows.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:32 pm

My cable guy yesterday had never heard of this case. I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked 2
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Wrapitup wrote:My cable guy yesterday had never heard of this case. I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked 2

faint Hard to believe huh?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Ive been on juries too - and as I stated before,
its not so much about the law as about assigning blame- jurors arent lawyers - these lawyers go off on a tangent regarding complicated air tests, or dna and the jurors nod off or start daydreaming. In the end
they are going to assign blame - who killed this child?
Is there anyone else on the face of the earth that can be PROVEN to have killed this child other than her mother? Is there anyone anywhere that can even be shown to have taken the child? Could the child kill herself? If her mother didnt kill her who did? How did they get Caylee away from Casey to kill her? Why didnt her mother raise the alarm? If it was accident why wasnt it reported? This is what jurors will focus on
not some lawyers tricks to try to get her off on a "technicality". Is this the new norm now - a mother has a child - and the child disappears thrown like trash for the elements to disintegrate her body and the animals to feast on her flesh? For a mother to act from the very last day on earth anyone saw Caylee as if she never had a child, renting videos with her boyfriend, shopping, dancing, and having a good time? Is that what normal is now in this crazy world? I would pray that there are 12 people with some common sense who will use it to realize that Casey willfully killed her child.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Agreed, and also getting a tattoo and what the tattoo says.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:13 pm

One of my daughters has served on two juries. She was chosen foreperson on both of them. When she talked about the cases, after they were over, I was so impressed with her jury duty. That gal surely knew what she was talking about. I could not believe how well she handled herself. She spoke softly and carried a big stick. Kept the jury in order and kept the evidence only on the table. Reached a verdict in both cases. Wow.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:15 pm

Actually Artgal if you polled our "jury" you would be suprised with how each of us feel. We know quite a bit and are still divided. I hope the prosecution holds a smoking gun that they have not revealed yet.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:38 pm

lindamarie wrote:
Wrapitup wrote:My cable guy yesterday had never heard of this case. I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked 2

faint Hard to believe huh?
I have a friend that has no clue either, does not even recognize caylee's name. She avoids the news,says it is depressing. I cannot imagine following current events in my wildest dreams.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down