Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10-year-old girl, Lindsey Baum vanished 6.26.2009 walking home from a friend's house/Warrant details suspicions/Lindsey featured on cover of People Magazine/LE investigates person of interest

+9
lisette
Nama
jeanne1807
CritterFan1
TerryRose
Juanita
charminglane
mommyof3kids
Wrapitup
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

10-year-old girl, Lindsey Baum vanished 6.26.2009 walking home from a friend's house/Warrant details suspicions/Lindsey featured on cover of People Magazine/LE investigates person of interest - Page 3 Empty Re: 10-year-old girl, Lindsey Baum vanished 6.26.2009 walking home from a friend's house/Warrant details suspicions/Lindsey featured on cover of People Magazine/LE investigates person of interest

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:00 am

This is amazing!!!!

​The people gathered at Olympia's Heritage Park on Saturday were there to call more attention to the disappearance of Lindsey Baum (pictured at right), the 11-year-old who vanished last June while walking home from a friend's house. But while the McCreary girl remains missing, thanks to her one runaway no longer is.

During the Baum media event, a parent spotted a 15-year-old girl wandering around the park who looked to be homeless. According to the Washington State Patrol, the parent offered the girl a meal and she told the parent she was a runaway. The parent then alerted a trooper.

After giving a false name to police, the girl eventually gave her real one. When her father was called, the Kitsap County man confirmed that his daughter was missing.

The girl was released to a relative with permission from her father. She had been gone from home for about a month.

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/lindsey_baum_is_still_missing.php

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

10-year-old girl, Lindsey Baum vanished 6.26.2009 walking home from a friend's house/Warrant details suspicions/Lindsey featured on cover of People Magazine/LE investigates person of interest - Page 3 Empty Re: 10-year-old girl, Lindsey Baum vanished 6.26.2009 walking home from a friend's house/Warrant details suspicions/Lindsey featured on cover of People Magazine/LE investigates person of interest

Post by lisette Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:09 am

I am so glad that one girl was found and delivered home! Lindsey is such a pretty girl...I just wish they could find out what happened to her. I guess she would have walked by the Shell station...It looks like someone would remember something if she was snatched off the street...(?)
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

10-year-old girl, Lindsey Baum vanished 6.26.2009 walking home from a friend's house/Warrant details suspicions/Lindsey featured on cover of People Magazine/LE investigates person of interest - Page 3 Empty Police focusing on person of interest in Lindsay Baum case.

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:36 pm

10-year-old girl, Lindsey Baum vanished 6.26.2009 walking home from a friend's house/Warrant details suspicions/Lindsey featured on cover of People Magazine/LE investigates person of interest - Page 3 100713_Lindsey_Baum_Search

MCCLEARY, Wash. - Sheriff's deputies are combing through two properties here as part of their ongoing search for Lindsey Baum, who disappeared more than a year ago while walking home from a friend's house.
Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott said detectives obtained search warrants for the two locations.

Deputies and FBI agents began searching a house in the 100 block of Fir Street, and a storage area in the 900 block of West Simpson on Tuesday morning.

Scott said a "gentlemen who has become a subject of interest to us" is connected to the properties.

He expected the searches to take several hours.

Detectives have spent months searching the town, conducting interviews and reviewing security camera footage, hoping to turn up new clues that will lead them to the missing girl.

Lindsey Baum

No arrests have been made and police have never identified a suspect in the girl's disappearance.

Scott said the man targeted in Tuesday's searches is someone detectives also talked to early in the investigation.

"He, like everyone else, came to our attention because of the proximity of where he was living in relation to where she was believed to have been last seen," Scott said.

Investigators have released several video clips to the public hoping to generate new tips and are offering a $30,000 reward for information in the case.http://www.komonews.com/news/local/98336299.html?tab=videohttp://www.komonews.com/news/local/98336299.html?
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:55 pm

Oh, I do hope that this will lead to a resolution for this family...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:11 pm

ME too Lisette!! They say this guy was looked into in the begging and NOW things he said aren't adding up WTF weird and I wonder why it has taken so long for the LE to figure that out? crazy3
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Maybe they saw something on one of the surveillance tapes from the Shell station (that they just got recently because of a language barrier!?) This girl has been on my mind a lot...I really do hope they are about to find out what happened to her... Fingers Crossed
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 pm

I think it is the body builder nephew of the woman named KK-at the house Lindsey was at before she disappeared.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Okay, from some people that live in McCleary, WA-it appears that there is a 47 year old male that has been staying with a couple/relatives that live directly behind the house where Lindsey and her friends went swimming the day she disappeared.
The police have removed a mattress from the storage shed and took it with them.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:23 pm

I don't remember that about the body builder, charming...I will have to reread early accounts...This 47 year old, was he staying there then?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:41 pm

This is from a post by Wrap back in Oct. It was about a search warrant which did not turn up any evidence...Wonder if this is the same man (the 47-year-old).

The warrant includes statements from friends and family members regarding a man at the residence in connection with strange phone activity, disturbing conversations involving Lindsey, conflicting alibis and a past accusation of sexual assault.

Much of the warrant lists suspicious reports focusing on a man at the home, who is not being named because he has not been arrested or charged with any crime.

Investigators say he fixated on Lindsey’s disappearance in the days after she went missing and made disturbing comments about thinking the girl had been murdered when most authorities still thought her to be lost.

“(The man) told (a friend) he could not believe that a girl had been taken and cut up and dismembered,” the warrant stated. “It should be noted that the media and investigators did not believe that Baum was the victim of a crime until the week following her disappearance.”

A friend also reported the man became “agitated” when investigators questioned him about the case, the warrant stated. He “obsessed” about Lindsey and the possibility she had been kidnapped, the court papers said.

A car similar to the man’s vehicle reportedly was seen shortly before Lindsey’s disappearance near the intersection on Maple Street where she last was spotted, according to the warrant. The man also worked part time at a business nearby, one that Baum had been in often.

When contacted by investigators, the man reported he had been at a second job in Olympia on the night of the disappearance, according to the warrant. The man’s supervisor at that job told investigators the man was suspended during that time and could not have been working.

When confronted with the inconsistency, the man provided a second alibi that investigators could not verify.

The warrant also outlines suspicious phone activity that stops suddenly at about the time Lindsey disappeared.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Yes. There are a husband and wife that live there. She does her tax business out of the home. Suspect has been staying there since sometime in 2008. He has a dog-one of the speculations was that someone could have used a dog to lure Lindsey. There were also missing dog fliers up during her disappearance.

The bodybuilder guy was a nephew of KK, I believe. He seemed hinky to me.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:46 pm

Dismembered-Holy Shit.
To think it takes this long to finally have a decent suspect? After he said that?
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:17 pm

I would think that he would have gotten rid of anything incriminating by now...Hopefully, if he is involved, they will find something...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:28 pm

I was just looking to see if there was anything new, and I came across this. I wonder what her situation is now...Hope she has a job now and is getting help with her son...Wonder where the Dad is and why he isn't helping with the son?

Mother Of Lindsey Baum Says She’ll Be Homeless Soon

Posted: 8:26 am PDT May 13, 2010
Updated: 8:32 am PDT May 13, 2010

MCCLEARY, Wash. -- Lindsey Baum disappeared nearly a year ago, and now her mother says she's close to living in her car.
"Since Lindsey's disappeared, I have not been able to work," Melissa Baum said.
Baum said things are at their lowest point for her since her 11-year-old daughter Lindsey disappeared last June while walking home from a friend’s house in McCleary.
Baum said she lost her job during the chaos that followed Lindsey's disappearance and that she can't work because her 13-year-old son Joshua has numerous developmental problems that demand her near full time attention.
"I hope I'm at rock bottom, but I'm afraid to say that I am because I felt like the bottom might drop out again," Baum said.
She said she spent her last few dollars to rent a room for a few nights at a Motel 6. She also said that living in her car has become a real possibility after a relationship with a relative she was staying with soured.
Baum traces her troubles back to Lindsey's disappearance.
"Our children are being taken, and this is what we're left with. We lose our houses; we lose our jobs; we lose marriages, relationships," Baum said.
She said she'd get a job if she could earn enough to afford to get care for her son's needs.
She said she's working with every social service agency she can to get help and housing.
In the meantime, she said her days are filled with thoughts of her missing daughter.
"You can't just move on. You can't say she's not coming back. So I'm going to move on with my life. I won't stop looking for Lindsey ever."
Baum said that on Wednesday, she received a donation that will allow her to stay her for another two weeks. After that, she does not know what will happen.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/23541489/detail.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:51 am

She was on JVM back in May saying this. I felt really badly for her. I hope by being on JVM, people are helping her out.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Prisoners helping police at McCleary search
Prisoners are helping police in the search for a missing girl in McCleary.

The Associated Press
MCCLEARY, Wash. —
Prisoners are helping police in the search for a missing girl in McCleary.

The FBI says inmates from the Cedar Creek Corrections Center are removing dense vegetation this week so investigators can search the ground.

Superintendent Douglas Cole says inmates are genuinely interested in helping solve the case.

Lindsey Baum was 10 years old when she went missing June 26, 2009, while walking home from a friend's house.

Inmates also helped clear brush last summer. They earn .75 cent an hour for the work.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013261343_apwamissingmcclearygirl.html

The FBI, the Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office and the Washington State Patrol will be working with inmates from the Cedar Creek Corrections Center to conduct targeted searches in and around McCleary today, Wednesday and Thursday.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/10/26/1416011/mccleary-search-for-lindsey-baum.html#ixzz13gyfh0gT
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Lisette, thanks. I have been praying for Lindsay for a long time.
Let us hope that the men that are searching that committed past wrongs can do some good for this little girl.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:29 am

I could not agree more, Charm. This little one needs to be found. It's been so long!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Friends, family to hold vigil for missing girlBRIAN SANDFORD, STAFF WRITER
Published: 12/12/1012:00 am | Updated: 12/12/10 7:47 am
A candlelight vigil for Lindsey Baum, the McCleary girl who has been missing for more than a year, is set for 4 p.m. Saturday at Beerbower Park in McCleary.

The vigil will last about an hour and will include a performance of a song about Lindsey by its writer, Erik Paul.

There also will be an open platform for anyone to share a few words, as well as a statement from Lindsey’s mother and one of her closest friends.

For more information, go to findlindseybaum.com

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/12/12/1461825/friends-family-to-hold-vigil-for.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

10-year-old girl, Lindsey Baum vanished 6.26.2009 walking home from a friend's house/Warrant details suspicions/Lindsey featured on cover of People Magazine/LE investigates person of interest - Page 3 Empty Lindsey's mother accuses firefighters of refusing to help

Post by Nama Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:49 pm

A controversy is brewing in McCleary, where Lindsey Baum disappeared 18 months ago. The group helping with the search is upset with local firefighters, accusing them of refusing to help find the missing girl.
"This Christmas will be 18 months that my daughter has been missing. I'm not going to let her be forgotten," says Melissa Baum, Lindsey's mother.
Lindsey disappeared in June 2009, walking home from a friend's house. Numerous searches for her have come up empty. Her mother works endlessly to find her.
Melissa remembered that this Saturday will be the McCleary Firefighters Assocation's annual holiday procession called "Santa Through Town." They decorate their fire engine with lights and pass out candy canes in an effort to collect food for a sponsored family in need.
"Very popular event. Well supported throughout the community," says Assistant Chief Paul Nott.
Because the procession travels down almost every street in town, Baum's mother hoped it could help publicize her cause.
"It wasn't going to cost them anything," says Baum. "It wasn't going to take any of their time. We were just going to add to something they were already going to do."
The firefighters were asked to hand out candy canes with Lindsey's picture and to hang a banner of the missing girl on their rig. But the firefighters declined.
"Our event is really geared toward people going through an unfortunate time and to blend the two really doesn't fit," says Nott.
"I was actually shocked. I thought the fire department would be supportive," says Melissa.
The town's volunteer firefighters say they want to help find Lindsey, but their procession, a 15-year tradition, needs to stay focused on helping the family they sponsor.
"We'd be more than happy to assist the Lindsey Baum camp, but it can't happen in this event," says Nott.
"Why can't they do both?" Melissa asks.
The dispute has both sides suffering community backlash. But they agree on one thing: their causes should not compete with each other.
A vigil for Linsdey is this Saturday, Dec. 18 at 4 p.m. at Beerbower Park in McCleary. The firefighters annual procession starts at 5 p.m. the same night.

http://www.nwcn.com/home/?fId=111977054&fPath=/news/local&fDomain=10212
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:08 pm

I don't know what to say other than she should take them up on the offer to help at another time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Personally, I think it stinks that they do not want the sponsored family ;competing; with lindsey. What would be the big deal.. candy cane with her face would not hurt the family that is sponsored. I am going to call there and see if there is a huge sign, like the big billboards for other missing kids. Going to see how much a month costs and see if I can do her pic and info for a month. It is only money, we can always earn more to cover the expenses.Her poor mom, Melissa. soap box
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Lindsey Baum launches Nancy Grace's "missing" series

TV Personality Nancy Grace is launching two months of special programs on missing persons, starting with the case of 10-year-old Lindsey Baum from Washington state.
Story Published: Jan 15, 2011 at 4:39 PM PST Story Updated: Jan 15, 2011 at 8:11 PM PST

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) – HLN's Nancy Grace on Monday will launch two months of special missing persons coverage, hoping prime time attention will bring fresh clues to old cases – some as many as 30 years old.

Grace said it's often frustrating on her show when a missing persons case is covered but gets shoved aside when something new comes up. "Nancy Grace: America's Missing" will air 50 separate cases on 50 weekdays at 9 p.m. EST, following Grace's regular nightly program.

"Anything that can move a case forward to me would be worth it," Grace said. "If a case gets solved that would be like a blessing from heaven."

Her effort starts Monday with the story of 10-year-old Lindsey Baum, from Washington state, who was last seen leaving a friend's house in June 2009. The majority of the cases involve children or teenagers, but not all: Grace will talk about a 27-year-old television anchorwoman from Iowa who has been missing since 1995, for example.

Grace said she's not naive enough to think that many, or any, of the missing people will be discovered alive through the attention paid on her show. But she said if information can be uncovered that would lead to closure for a suffering family, that would be valuable.

Her focus on missing people has sometimes borne fruit. In December, San Francisco police arrested a man found panhandling with a 12-year-old girl who had been abducted from Virginia. Police said a witness reported she had recognized the two from Grace's show.

Grace's show had proposed "America's Missing" when HLN approached them with a request to do a second hour as part of the network's transition to a new schedule. After the 50 days are over, HLN is premiering a Drew Pinsky talk show in the 9 p.m. EST time slot. Joy Behar's show moves to 10 p.m., starting Monday.

"They always have to make hard choices on what they can fit into their one hour," said Scot Safon, HLN's chief executive. "So they viewed the second hour as a real opportunity to spotlight 50 cases they feel deserve attention."

Grace also noted that "we're very conscious" of criticism that television gives outsized attention to missing white women. She said her show will have several cases involving minorities.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/113824174.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:59 pm

Great!!!!
Here's to 50 nights of Nancy Grace. Hopefully someone, somewhere, has information that just needs a spark to be ignited.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:05 pm

charminglane wrote:Great!!!!
Here's to 50 nights of Nancy Grace. Hopefully someone, somewhere, has information that just needs a spark to be ignited.
I didn't see this thread before. Even thou' I can't handle NG, I agree with what you said Charm.
These faces still need to be out there and people need to be reminded and I'm glad also for 50 nights of NG.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:54 pm

I had no idea she was doing that. I agree. I don't like her but to bring awareness to the public on these cold cases is brilliant.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun May 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Spotlight on the Missing: Lindsey Baum, time to bring her home

By Isabelle Zehnder
Missing Persons Examiner

McCLEARY, Washington (Isabelle Zehnder reporting) -- Eleven-year-old Lindsey Baum vanished on June 26, 2009, walking to a friend’s house in the small town of McCleary, Washington; it's been nearly two years, it's time to end the recurring nightmare, it's time to bring Lindsey home.

Several YouTube videos were created about Lindsey's case. Please take a few moments to watch the one provide on the left side bar.

Lindsey's story has been featured on Oprah, The Early Show, The Nancy Grace Show, Good Morning America, Susan Murphy-Milano, Crimesider, America’s Most Wanted, Michelle Sigona International Crime Wire, Jane Valez-Mitchell, Nightline, and on local news outlets such as KOMO News, KIRO TV, Seattle's Examiner.com, KING 5 News, Q13 FOX, KATU, NWCN, and others.

And yet nearly two years later Lindsey is still missing.

Initial search for Lindsey

When she went missing the search was on for Lindsey. Police brought in fixed-wing aircraft equipped with a FLIR, K-9 units, and helicopters to assist in the effort.

Police and the FBI stopped cars while volunteers handed out flyers. Dive teams searched local waterways while officers took contents out of dumpsters looking for clues.

In the first weeks after she vanished police, crews, and volunteers had searched landfills, dumpsters, creeks, and had conducted numerous ground searches. Billboards went up across the state asking for the public’s help to find her.

They came up empty. They questioned sex offenders in the area about her disappearance.

Vigils were held in Lindsey’s honor, with hopes she’d be brought home soon.

Search turns to online activity

Less than two weeks after her disappearance police suspended ground searches and focused their efforts on Lindsey’s online activities. They looked at her MySpace page and did a forensic analysis of her computer looking for new clues.

Investigators found an entry that was written less than a month before she vanished: “I’ve been getting a lot of nightmares lately and I have a bad feeling that something bad’s gonna happen.”

Less than two weeks after she went missing police were already asking people to stop spreading online rumors about the case, something that is seen in just about every missing persons case.

Reward

Nearly a month after she vanished people were reminded that a $6,000 reward was being offered by CrimeStoppers and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. By January 2010 the reward was increased to $20,000, and by June 2010 it had been increased to $30,000.

Possible suspect's home searched

Three months after Lindsey went missing police searched a man’s home located just outside of McCleary looking for clues into Lindsey’s disappearance. The man became irate and threatened to sue the city and media for what they put him and his family through.

Police found condoms and pornographic magazines while searching his home, but they found no sign of Lindsey. They seized a car which turned up nothing. The reason, his relatives said, that he was targeted was that he gave the wrong answer to a detective.

Detectives insisted they were acting on credible evidence when they obtained a search warrant for the property. Court documents showed the man gave four different answers as to his whereabouts the night Lindsey went missing and exhibited strange behavior. One of his friends told police that the man said he thought she’d been kidnapped, killed and cut up.

The man followed Lindsey’s mother around town and his friends say he was obsessed with the case. A car similar to his was seen in town the night Lindsey vanished. Police acknowledged they understood how difficult the search was on the family but they had to do it for Lindsey.

Mom loses house, 1-year-anniversary

There were threats of Lindsey’s mother being homeless in March 2010 because she’d not been able to get back to work and resume her normal life.

How does one resume normal life when their child is missing?

In May 2010 police released a video of two men who were near a store at the time and place where Lindsey vanished. They were trying to identify those men to see if they saw anything suspicious that night.

Just before the one-year anniversary of Lindsey’s disappearance investigators ramped up their search. The sheriff said that areas that were searched would be revisited, people would be questioned again, and they would look at the case with new eyes. Detectives had developed several persons of interest but all of their efforts turned up only dead ends.

Advertisement

Police serve another search warrant, search continues

A month later police served a search warrant on a McCleary man who had moved to town about the time Lindsey went missing. He’d told police he had no criminal history when in fact he had an assault on his record. They searched his house and shed but found nothing relating to Lindsey’s case.

In August 2010 state prison workcrews were brought in to search for Lindsey.

In October, 16 months after she vanished, inmates were brought in to search for clues into Lindsey’s disappearance. Nothing turned up.

In January 2011 "The Hunt for Lindsey Baum" called for hunters to adopt a piece of land to search for Lindsey. That same month HLN's Nancy Grace began her "Nancy Grace: America's Missing" with Lindsey's story.

In April 2011 police and FBI agents conducted a training exercise, searching a pond and nearby bushes in the area where Lindsey went missing. The sheriff said there had been no new leads to trigger the search but that a dive team would be searching a pond and officers would be searching nearby grounds.

The undersheriff said police, sheriff’s department, and FBI continue to search for Lindsey.

Keeping Lindsey's story alive

Her supporters continue to work to keep her picture and story alive.There has been some frustration among supporters over the past few months. It seems everytime they put up new flyers, someone comes along and rips them down.

Perhaps people don't realize how much time, money, and effort goes into putting up flyers and keeping them updated. As they fade, new ones must be made, put into plastic sheets, and stapled carefully in order to protect them from the weather.

It's disheartending for supporters to see their hard work and efforts ripped down by people who seemingly are not sensitive to the fact that a child is missing. Perhaps those involved in removing the flyers should ask themselves how they would feel if it were their child or their loved one that were missing.

Regardless, these supproters of Lindsey simply won't give up until Lindsey is brought home. They continue to echo the words "Find Lindsey Baum," they work to keep her story alive, and they hold onto hope.

It is hope that keeps Lindsey’s mom going – hope that someone still has Lindsey, hope that she’s still alive, and hope that she’ll one day return to her arms. It’s happened before so yes, it is possible. And yes, the more time passes, the less likely Lindsey will be found alive.

But miracles do happen and for now, hope is all Lindsey's mother, father, friends, and supporters have.

Stop the nightmare

Country singer Whitney Duncan, whose 19-year-old cousin was abducted earlier this week, said, “Lord, have mercy. I feel like I’m walking in a nightmare.”

That's likely how Lindsey’s mother, Melissa Baum, has been feeling for nearly two years.

It’s time for answers. It’s time to bring Lindsey home and end this recurring nightmare.

Details of Disappearance:

Lindsey disappeared on June 26, 2009, while on her way home from her friend’s house in McCleary, WA at about 9:30 in the evening. This was one of the longest days of the year and didn’t get dark until around 10:30 that night. It was still daylight out as she left her friends house for the short 5-10 minute walk home.

She never made it home that night.

Who to Contact with Information:

Grays Harbor County Information Hot-line (Tip line) (866) 915-8299

or CUE Center For Missing Persons -24 Hour Tip Line ( 910) 232-1687

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Spotlight on the Missing: Lindsey Baum, time to bring her home - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/spotlight-on-the-missing-lindsey-baum-time-to-bring-her-home#ixzz1Lp0VkXLB
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by bauer5152 Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Guest wrote:This beautiful little girl went missing Friday night, an amber alert has not been issued as far as I know but she is listed as endangered. It very well could be a kidnapping or a runaway.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49383897.html
Such a very amazing link!

bauer5152

Back to top Go down

10-year-old girl, Lindsey Baum vanished 6.26.2009 walking home from a friend's house/Warrant details suspicions/Lindsey featured on cover of People Magazine/LE investigates person of interest - Page 3 Empty Police investigate person of interest in Lindsey Baum case

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:52 pm

MCCLEARY—
Lindsey Baum was 10 years old when she went missing while on her way home from a friend's house — that was July of 2009.

Now, police are serving warrants to search a house, car and jewelry store owned by a person of interest in the case.

"It's on everybody`s mind all the time," said neighbor Debbie Upward. "Everybody wants to know where is that little girl? Stuff like that doesn't happen here."

The jewelry shop searched Tuesday has been a fixture in McLeary for years and is along the route Lindsay took day she disappeared.

"I think it's a bunch of crap myself," said neighbor David Belcher. "I don't think the guy is guilty of anything."

Neighbors like Belcher described the shop owner as a husband and father who would not hurt anyone. They believe he is being unfairly targeted.

"If they had anything they would have arrested the guy in the first place instead of being over here making his family and business look bad," Belcher said.

Investigators took photos and bagged evidence at the shop, home and vehicle. Police said the searches were deeper than those they had conducted previously. They would not say what they were looking for, but hinted that searchers would either sharpen their focus on the man or rule him out.

"We're just trying to gather some information that will either lead us in a different direction or have us continue on the path of investigation we're on," Chief Deputy Dave Pimentel of the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office said.

A reward is being offered and anyone with information should call 911.http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-police-investigate-person-of-interest-in-lindsey-baum-case-20111018,0,7365959.story
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:10 pm

"I think it's a bunch of crap myself," said neighbor David Belcher. "I don't think the guy is guilty of anything."
Well some times those closest to the situation don't see it correctly. My fingers are crossed for resolution. This young girl has been missing way to long.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:37 am

Completely agree with you LM! You never know what your closest friends and/or neighbors are capable of these days... this world we live can be a scary place, unfortunately affraid

I too hope this lead pans out! Lindsey needs to come home to her family!! She really has been gone way too long!! crying
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:49 am

from article upthread

Neighbors like Belcher described the shop owner as a husband and father who would not hurt anyone. They believe he is being unfairly targeted.

"If they had anything they would have arrested the guy in the first place instead of being over here making his family and business look bad," Belcher said.

Newsflash, Mr Belcher, being a business owner, husband and father does not exempt you from also being a criminal, even a murderer. Also, even if he is guilty, it does not make his family or business look bad, and I am sure that is NOT the intent of LE's searches.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:30 am

Search for Lindsey Baum Set for Saturday; Crews to Meet in Oakville

Posted: Friday, November 4, 2011 9:44 am | Updated: 9:54 am, Fri Nov 4, 2011.
By The Chronicle

Lindsey Jo Baum went missing in McCleary in June 2009 at the age of 10, and this weekend searchers in Oakville will look for any traces of the girl.

On Saturday, the Search and Seek Association is conducting a ground search for Baum. The searches begin at 9 a.m. and run until 5 p.m.

http://www.chronline.com/news/local/article_50dfd372-0704-11e1-bdc1-001cc4c03286.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

10-year-old girl, Lindsey Baum vanished 6.26.2009 walking home from a friend's house/Warrant details suspicions/Lindsey featured on cover of People Magazine/LE investigates person of interest - Page 3 Empty Weekend search for Lindsey Baum 'made progress'

Post by Wrapitup Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 pm

A group searching for Lindsey Baum made progress during a weekend search near Oakville, according to its organizer.

BY NATE HULINGS; STAFF WRITER
Published: 11/06/11 6:59 pm

A group searching for Lindsey Baum made progress during a weekend search near Oakville, according to its organizer.

About 30 volunteers spent eight hours Saturday in Capitol State Forest and surrounding areas after receiving several anonymous emails that warranted investigation, said Jennifer Mau, organizer for the Search and Seek Association.

Mau refused to provide further detail of the search but said “significant progress” was made and that the disappearance is getting closer to being solved. No other searches are currently scheduled.

Baum was 10 when she went missing near the McCleary Police Station as she walked to her home from a friend’s house on June 26, 2009. The last confirmed sighting of Baum was by a resident driving through town who saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets shortly after 9:15 p.m.

Last month, the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office and the FBI served search warrants on a McCleary jewelry shop and a residence owned by the same man in connection with Baum’s disappearance, according to Grays Harbor Chief Deputy Dave Pimentel.

The individual who owns the shop and a residence northwest of town is “one of many persons of interest we’ve had contact with over the course of this investigation,” Pimentel told the Olympian in October. The man is not considered a suspect in Baum’s disappearance, he added.

In July, the Sheriff’s Office and an FBI team searched a home and a storage facility in McCleary, seizing items belonging to a person of interest.

Investigators have worked with inmates from the Cedar Creek Corrections Center to conduct targeted searches in and around McCleary on several occasions.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/11/06/1895504/weekend-search-for-lindsey-baum.html#ixzz1d3iV4DTu
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:55 am

Investigators to Revisit Area of Interest in Lindsey Baum Case
Posted by David Haviland on November 15, 2011 at 7:44 am

McCleary, WA - A search will be conducted in woods to the North of McCleary today and tomorrow in regards to the Lindsey Baum case. Investigations Supervisor with the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Department Steve Shumate tells us FBI and State Patrol will be assisting in the search of the Summit Road area. Department of Corrections crews will be clearing the area prior to search. Shumate tells us investigators have no new leads in the case, they are merely taking advantage of DOC crews to perform a more thorough search in the area. Lindsey Jo Baum went missing in McCleary in June 2009 just before her 11th birthday.

http://kbkw.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3358
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:14 pm

This case is one that is near and dear to my heart! I have followed it from day one and am really hoping they find her and get this case solved so her family can get the answers they deserve cryingagain
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 pm

PUBLIC HELP NEEDED IN IDENTIFYING 2 WOMEN IN BAUM INVESTIGATION
The Grays Harbor County Sherriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in identifying 2 women seen at Mike’s Market in McCleary from the night Lindsey Baum disappeared.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott tells KXRO that the man in the video has already has been identified by officers. The video had been withheld prior to today at the request of the FBI as it pertains to the ongoing investigation.

Lindsey was last seen at approx. 9:15 PM Friday night June 26th, 2009 leaving her friends home on West Maple, several blocks from her residence. She did not arrive home. Her mother reported her missing at 10:50 PM.

She was last seen wearing a light blue hooded pullover shirt and blue jeans.

Anyone who may know the identity of either woman is asked to call the Grays Harbor County E911 toll-free at 1-866-915-8299, The Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office at (360) 249-3711.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Possible new evidence revealed in disappearance of Lindsey Baum

GRAYS HARBOR COUNTY, Wash. — Investigators revealed Wednesday that items recovered during a search involving a person of interest in the disappearance of Lindsey Baum included a fingernail, ropes and handwritten notes regarding the girl, who has been missing for more than two years.

According to documents obtained by KIRO 7, police took more than 100 items from a man who runs a jewelry store in McCleary, the town where Baum vanished. Among the items seized from the man’s home, car and business were, according to a search warrant:

"Apparent fingernail from passenger side of car"
"Ropes and straps"
"Numerous computers and computer storage devices"
"Pink sheet with unknown stains"
"Brown duffle bag with assumed human hair"
"Handwritten notes regarding missing child"

Scott wouldn’t comment Wednesday on the importance of any specific items taken during the search, but said everything was being analyzed to discover any potential risk to Baum.

“It takes us a long time to get the results back from all that,” Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said.

Baum was 10 years old when she disappeared while walking home from a friend’s house in 2009.

In October, when the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office and FBI searched the McCleary jewelry store, they called the owner a person of interest in Baum’s case, but wouldn’t say much more.

Last week, the Sheriff’s Office released a video that detectives said showed that person of interest was in McCleary at the time Baum disappeared, despite the fact that he previously told police he wasn’t.

“A lie on his part that he was in fact in town,” Scott said.

The man has a sign outside of his business now that reads, “Thanks for the support.” He has told KIRO 7’s Richard Thompson in the past that he had nothing to do with Baum’s disappearance, but he wasn’t available Wednesday to speak about the items police took as potential evidence.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/possible-new-evidence-revealed-disappearance-linds/nHdgw/
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:22 am

They did the search in October and found a fingernail that possibly could have been in the car since July of 2009? I guess it's possible... Why would he have handwritten notes about her disappearance? Sounds like a POI to me...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:09 am

I agree lisette... definitely a POI.
Perhaps he was jotting things down that he was hearing in news reports so he'd know how close or far he was from the investigation.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Video offers new clues in Lindsey Baum case

MCCLEARY, Wash. – Investigators plan to interview to two women seen on surveillance video talking to a man considered a person of interest in the case of missing McCleary girl Lindsey Baum.
KING 5 News has learned the man told investigators he was not in town when Baum disappeared on June 26, 2009, but the video contradicts that.
The Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office said the video was recorded from Mike’s Market at 204 West Simpson Avenue. About 23 seconds in, the man is seen chatting briefly with two other customers before he left.
The time stamp on the video is 9:20 p.m. That's close to when Baum, who was 10 at the time, disappeared while walking home. Hours after releasing the video, Grays Harbor County detectives were in contact with the women. Formal interviews will be set up with them, but initially it appeared they did not know the man or where he was going that night, according to Undersheriff Rick Scott.
The man tells KING 5 it is him on the video and admits he told police he wasn’t in McCleary. However, he said that he was working as volunteer firefighter in both Mason and Grays Harbor Counties and forgot he stopped at the store while driving between locations.
"I don't remember going into that mini-mart," he said.
The man is one of several persons of interest in the case. Scott said the man will likely remain a person of interest no matter what the women have to say for other reasons. The sheriff's office would not elaborate and has not released his name.
“It’s very concerning to us when somebody lies to us,” said Scott.
Scott said the man “adamantly” denied being in McCleary the evening Baum disappeared. Investigators won’t say what he told them after seeing the clip.

“His explanation was less than fulfilling,” said Scott.

Scott added that it is possible the man has nothing to do with the case. He said other persons of interest have lied to police for no apparent reason.
Police served a search warrant on the man’s business, Hartman Jewelry, on Oct. 18, 2011. It's believed Baum vanished about a quarter-mile from the jewelry store, which is a couple blocks away from Mike's Market.

The man said the investigation has been hard on him and his wife.
"It's deadened me," he said.
The sheriff’s office said it held off releasing the video until now at the request of the FBI as part of their ongoing investigation.

There is currently a $35,000 reward to find Baum. You can find more information at the Find Lindsey Baum website.
http://www.sheriffin.com/article2163807/video_offers_new_clues_in_lindsey_baum_case.htm
Must see video at link, for the life of me I can't embed.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next