Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rocket Launchers

2 posters

Go down

Rocket Launchers Empty Rocket Launchers

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:30 am

I heard this story about a guy in Texas who, while clearing property found a Rocket Launcher. It sounded like news that was up our alley so I looked it up on the internet. Imagine my surprise to find that other have been found.

Rocket Launcher Found in Comal County
Posted in State News on Thursday, October 15th, 2009

SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Something green that a man encountered as he cut trees in Comal County turned out to be military in nature.
Jarrette Schule found a rocket launcher. A decal on the equipment said: “Guided Missile and Launcher,
Surface Attack.”
An ordnance disposal team from Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio on Wednesday afternoon confiscated the device.
The unarmed weapon was discovered Tuesday by Schule on his vacant land miles away from a military installation. He was not sure if it had been dumped, so he loaded it into his truck and took it home.
The San Antonio Express-News reports he spent Tuesday afternoon calling the FBI, Homeland Security and other agencies before an Army investigator got back to him.
Military officials are trying to trace who last had the launcher, using a serial number on it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rocket launcher found at bus station
Wednesday, September 09, 2009 | 7:09 AM

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police looking for drugs at an east Houston bus station ended up finding a rocket launcher and a mortar.
It happened at Harrisburg and North 66th as officers performed routine drug sweeps of buses. Police found the small rocket launcher and grenade in the luggage of a couple heading from Florida to the Rio Grande Valley.
Officers say the weapons are inert and they detained the couple for drug possession.

Rocket launcher, TNT found in Antioch
Friday, 04 September 2009 6:25AM

ANTIOCH TOWNSHIP, Ill. (STNG) -- Explosives, one live rocket launcher, a cache of guns, marijuana and cocaine were confiscated Wednesday from a home in unincorporated Antioch, and a father and son were taken into custody.
Burl Thomas, 56, and John Thomas, 24, of the 25000 block of West Linden Lane, face numerous charges in connection with the case. Officers from the Antioch Police Department, Lake County Sheriff's Office, the sheriff's Tactical Response Team, Metropolitan Drug Enforcement, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and the Waukegan Fire Department Bomb Squad made the arrest Wednesday night in a subdivision off North Avenue, just north of Lake Catherine.
The case started as a drug investigation and authorities did find a little less than a pound of marijuana and 70 grams of cocaine in the house.
"These two were potential dangerous customers," Sheriff Mark Curran said Thursday. "I'm thankful Lake County MEG got to them and made these arrests."
The most startling find was two AT4 anti-tank rocket launchers (one was empty and the other was live) and about a half-pound of TNT explosives with three blasting caps and some detonating cord. The anti-tank launchers are designed to immobilize a tank by knocking a track off. Also found in the home was the "Anarchist Cookbook" which has instructions on how to make booby traps with TNT.
"That was a little concerning. We were shocked. We've never come across anything like that before," said Larry Lindenman, Lake County MEG director.
There was also two Tech 9 semi-automatic rifles with the manuals to show how to make them into automatic weapons.
Police also recovered an Outlaws motorcycle gang jacket. The vest once had motorcycle gang colors sewed on it. The elder Thomas told authorities he had ridden with the gang at one time.
Curran said the coordination and cooperation between police agencies made the arrest possible. Lindenman said it may be cliche, "But this really was a cooperative effort. Everyone worked together to make this a safe situation."

I actually found more stories than these, so I'm only mentioning the launchers that have been found in 2009. STRANGE

I'm sorry... should I have posted this under HOMELAND SECURITY?

Last edited by NiteSpinR on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Rocket Launchers Empty Re: Rocket Launchers

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:36 pm

I am confused. HOW are these people getting rocket lauchers? Did I miss something?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Homeland Security for sure. faint
Unbelievable that any one would need all those weapons for protection. So much for gun laws.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum