Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal LE looking for her red digital camera

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:26 am

More than two months after the disappearance of VT student Morgan Harrington, Virginia State Police said in a press conference this afternoon that Harrington was drinking and not acting normally on the evening when she was last seen.

According to a statement from police, based on eyewitness accounts, Lt. Joe Rader said that Harrington was drinking on October 17, the night she disappeared at a Metallica concert outside John Paul Jones Arena. "Those accounts also describe her behavior as irrational, in a way that would have been very unusual for Morgan," reads the statement.

Furthermore, state police say it is unknown whether Harrington had been drugged or injured.

The statement also says that investigators are looking for a red digital camera, possibly Kodak or Sony, that Harrington had with her the night of her disappearance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:28 am

A $150,000 reward is still available for information that leads to the location and recovery of Morgan Harrington. If anyone out there picked up Morgan, but is fearful to come forward because of possible implications, such person(s) is still encouraged to come forward and contact police. Investigators are willing to work with you in order to locate Morgan and bring her home to her family.
In addition, anyone who has noticed any behavioral changes in a loved one, coworker or friend who may have attended that Metallica concert - or acts strangely (overly interested, shies away, etc.) when the Morgan’s disappearance is mentioned in the news or discussed among people - is also encouraged to also contact police at any of the numbers/email provided above. Anonymous tips are welcome.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Morgan Harrington Disappeared From Metallica Concert 10/17/09~ Her Skeletal Remains Discovered 1/26/10~DNA Links Jesse Matthew Jr. Who Already Faces Charges In The 1st Degree Murder Of Hannah Elizabeth Graham~

Post by cherylz on Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:17 am

I bet she took a drug, not so uncommon for someone her age at a rock concert. That would explain the behavior change.
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:35 am

Drugs would certainly explain how she was acting that night, especially if she wasn't a regular user...I always wondered about her going outside and saying that she was going to get a ride home...after being so excited about going to the concert. It just didn't make sense...Wonder if someone gave her the drug as part of a plan to abduct her or if someone just took advantage of her condition...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:04 am

They are thinking somebody might have slipped her something in her drink to make her act so strange. Some have said she fell down and cut her chin and was bleeding.
I have to ask if she was so "out of it" how could she have left the arena area, walked to the parking lot and had a conversation with three BB players, leave them and go to a bridge and HH.

Amazing.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:07 am

By the way they have found another body. On a River Road. There is speculation and praying going on for Britteny Drexel? It has been 8 months for her family.
I am sure they will not know who it is for several days. They don't know if it was male or female, young or old, black or white. Just found. Another poor soul
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:15 am

This posting on readthehook.com. Long but interesting.
I read the statement by the Harringtons and was first struck by the 202 area code on it. Why is someone in NYC involved in this case and how? (at first I thought well her brother works in NYC so maybe he is trying to take an active role). There was a “media” contact source on the document,Leslie Valenza, with the firm Levick Strategic Communications. Certainly not her brother. Anyone know if this is the firm where her brother works? If not,I guess the Harringtons hired a PR firm? I can fully understand the odd place the Harringtons find themselves. Their only daughter goes to a concert in a facility owned (correct me if I am wrong that UVA owns John Paul Jones Arena) by his own EMPLOYER! (maybe this is why Dr. Harrington got the tickets for the show?) I can’t imagine the place they find themselves. What I can’t understand is why a PR firm and start a fund? Does this firm have experience with MISSING PERSONS? There are a number of organizations which specialize in missing persons; I for one have never heard of this particular firm associated with any other missing person case. And I have to tell you whatever firm or organization was hired wasn’t the first order of business to fix what UVA CAMPUS POLICE and State POLICE Lt. Rader had created? Around the same time the Harringtons were enlisting the help of a PR firm, did a new person step into the limelight - the VA State Police’s PR Person Corrine Geller? I haven’t followed many missing person cases where PR arms of the LE are front and center. What message does that send? The irony assounds me. This case has been remarkable to me and NOT in a GOOD WAY. I can’t fathom WHY there remains so many contradictions and gaping holes in what the police released so far. The first order of business should have been to get the word out to her movements that day leading up to her disappearance and fully disclose her description and time line and CLEARLY cast as wide a media net as to demonstrate the URGENCY of finding this (or any missing person). Obviously the urgency needs to be visible and felt (as well as the power and reach of Law Enforcement)from JMU to Roanoke to Charlottesville. Considering this was a National tour, the media ripple needed to go out to touch where these bands layed before and where these bands next gig was, didn’t it? I couldn’t find where that was even attempted.

I get so weary of reading posts from folks who want to TRUST the police and think the police are holding back info because they are working a case. The general rule is police HATE and DOWNGRADE missing person cases. Maybe some departments are exceptions. The glare of the media and the internet has helped to raise the bar. I beg folks to use their heads. Think of the successful missing person cases and if you really want to understand the reality, take some time to look at the mistakes which have caused so many people to remain missing. I understand police can’t be all places at all times. That is why we have to work together and approach each case as if it was one of our own missing. TIME IS THE ENEMY! In order to do this, I would argue releasing A FULL AND COMPLETE DESCRIPTION NEVER was/is going to compromise their case - so the fact they KNEW she was injuried and didn’t disclose claiming her injury did not rise to the level of “abduction” defies logic. The fact we still have no surveillance footage of her that night at the Center defies logic. The fact we don’t know the specifics or description of her (short sleeved t shirt or long sleeved, heels or flats, hair in pony tail or pulled up in a knot or …), her car AND/or the car in which she travelled to the concert; where they parked, where her seat was, did she stay in her seat, what type of phone was discovered (without its battery!). The local newscasts (and subsequent regional pick-up) initially reported she traveled from Va Tech to the concert at UVA. This was wrong. The first press conference did not address the JUM connection correctly did they? There was no mention of where or if the group ate or planned to eat. The first news conference Lt. Rader asked convenience stores to contact them if they recognized Morgan. WHY DIDN’T CHARLOTTESVILLE POLICE ask for the TAPES from the convenience/big box/banks etc and CHECK to see what THEY FOUND? This case has been so illogical and difficult to watch unfold from the first press release. I expected better from UVA. I have to wonder if it is time to REQUIRE CAMERAS at all public venues for public safety purposes. Families shouldn’t have to hire attorneys or PR firms! We can do better. Security systems may be our safety net. They already have solved various murders and helped to find various missing people, the most recognized probably was Carlie Brucia, the little one snatched at a car wash. I think it is time for CONGRESS to first pass HR 3695, it is in the Bobby Scott’s sub committee right now! Come on VA, call him! Anyone notice the way the VB missing are missing from the VA STATE Police Site. Rememer the Washington teen who turned up in NYC recently but the Washington State police had made ASSUMPTIONS AND done a super sloppy job of including her on their state missing person site. It took NYC police askin the media for help solve who a LIVE person was! If we can build a dedicated national sex offender database (a terrific first step) then can’t we fix the gaping holes regarding missing persons? ID the thousands of unidentified missing persons who have been found throughout our Country and help families find closure and hopefully help LE find the EVIL responsible and put them behind bars? Isn’t it time for Congress and State houses to consider incentives that help cities and individuals be safer? Maybe Congress could consider tax credits to help get cameras up and operational? Public safety needs to be front and center. It is part and parcel to our homeland security, isn’ it? Camera funding has been doled out through grants to police for decades. Maybe it is time for Congress and various State Legislative bodies to move to help communities. Or maybe the Bill Gates or Rupert Murdock or Oprah Winfreys and others whom have deep pockets can allign with the National Center for Missing Persons and Children (which almost disappeared, did you even know?) and make some common sense solutions viable and make us safer and help positively drive our economy.

I hope Morgan is found. Every day I google and hope to find good news. I pray for her family and their friends and the Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, Roanoke areas, as well as our Country. We can do better. I just wonder WHO has to vanish to make this tide turn. Sadly, after twenty years of following these cases, I don’t think it is a question of how many…
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:56 am

by jeanne1807 Today at 11:15 am There was a “media” contact source on the document,Leslie Valenza, with the firm Levick Strategic Communications. Certainly not her brother. Anyone know if this is the firm where her brother works? If not,I guess the Harringtons hired a PR firm?
by BJ in OR on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:20 am

Is it just me or is this weird?

Harrington and his wife, Gil, have been working to boost the media profile of their daughter’s case, appearing on shows including “Nancy Grace” and NBC’s “Today.”
Now they’ve hired Washington, D.C.-based Levick Strategic Communications to help them spread their message.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Levick Strategic Communications is a public relations firm owned by Richard S. Levick. It has handled the media on high-profile matters, including Napster, the Florida election recount, the Catholic Church during its sex-abuse scandals, the tobacco industry, prisoner detentions at Guantanamo, and the Rosie O’Donnell/Rosie magazine lawsuit.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

GLOBAL LEADERSHIP IN HIGH-STAKES COMMUNICATIONS
Levick Strategic Communications builds brand equity and protects reputations during the highest-stakes global communications challenges of the digital age.

We are in the business of changing minds. Find out how

Crisis Communications
Financial Communications
Investor Relations
Litigation Communications
Public Affairs and Issues Management
Reputation Management
Social and Digital Media

Case Studies

We do not remember the days, we remember the moments.
-Cesare Pavese

Anyone who has ever faced the spotlight of a critical media knows what the phrase, “Moment of Truth,” is all about. What you do next will determine how your key audiences think about you for years to come.

Major change is in the offing. The future depends on how you respond to crisis or seize opportunity.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:44 am

About those 3 UVA Basketball players...I wonder how they said she was acting when they talked to her in the parking lot...wasn't it that lot where they found her purse and cell phone (without the battery)? Something's not right with this...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:29 pm

The funny thing about this whole case is how a big "wall of silence" has gone up. The police saying nothing. The friends mum except for some pictures that got out over a Halloween party some of Morgans close? friends attended. It is amazing how they have managed to keep the whole thing..quiet. So many of the bloggers have been almost demanding some news on the case and now..this brief news conference.

The PR Firm..big yes it is. Are they protecting UVA with all their alumni and donations? Or JPJ Arena owned by a group of attorneys? Or could it be the UVA basketball program? By the way one of the two basketball players that was suspended right after the disappearance of Morgan has been let go. They are saying academic problems. But he is a senior and was pretty highly ranked academicly his senior year in high school and he has lasted three years at UVA and now academic problems? Morgans father is a doctor of Physchiatry at Carilion associated with UVA.

The PR firm was hired immediately and has set up a website with a family blog, new releases and also a forum. Findmorgan.com
Now after over 10 weeks LE says they are looking for a camera. Huh...why didn't they "mention" it ten weeks ago.
Its quite a case that you can get quite caught up in.
Bottom line is not a trace of Morgan after ten weeks and counting.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:04 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:By the way they have found another body. On a River Road. There is speculation and praying going on for Britteny Drexel? It has been 8 months for her family.
I am sure they will not know who it is for several days. They don't know if it was male or female, young or old, black or white. Just found. Another poor soul
Jeanne, do you by chance have a link for this??

As far as the Morgan case, there are some very strange things that just don't add up. Why NOW the camera phone? What about the basketball players? Why a PR firm? How does LE know she was drinking or drunk?

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:57 am

I can't find any news on Brittney.

There are too many secrets in Morgan's case.
Also, one of her friends must have told LE the truth if they now know she had been drinking.
Too many lips sealed shut. How can they get to the truth with secrets?
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
jeanne1807 wrote:By the way they have found another body. On a River Road. There is speculation and praying going on for Britteny Drexel? It has been 8 months for her family.
Jeanne, do you by chance have a link for this??

As far as the Morgan case, there are some very strange things that just don't add up. Why NOW the camera phone? What about the basketball players? Why a PR firm? How does LE know she was drinking or drunk?

I posted this and the link over in the Brittany Drexel topic. Sorry for the confusion.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:32 pm

The disclosure, which investigators say does not play a significant role in the search, illustrates what has been described as Harrington's uncharacteristic and irrational behavior the night of Oct. 17: A woman matching her description was seen dropping her purse more than once outside John Paul Jones Arena, and later sticking out a thumb to hitchhike on the nearby Copeley Road bridge, police said.
"As far as it being a significant part of the case? No," police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said Wednesday. "We had numerous news media asking us about it as well as numerous rumors circulating in social networking sites. Today, we were in a position that we could confirm that."
The department would not release details regarding the drinking, such as how much she may have consumed and when, or if, the consumption may have impaired her judgment.

I don't have a clue what all the secrecy is about. Suppose someone saw an incident with a drunk woman on the night Morgan disappeared and ignored it because "Morgan did not drink and Morgan did not do drugs". It sounds to me like Morgan was into a lifestyle that her parents don't want to acknowledge or admit. Bless their souls. Today LE says that they are in a position that they can confirm that she was drinking. What else is there? What will they tell us next?

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:18 am

Somebody underestimates those of us that want to find Morgan and bring her home. A lot of young people drink at concerts. Should they, no. Do they, yes.
This whole thing is being run by a PR firm that nobody knows who hired? So we ask, who is being protected?

I will try to find the write up and post it over in the main Morgan Harrington topic so as not to confuse with this one about the drinking.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:23 am

Hummm I am confused. Maybe this is the main topic for Morgan?
The missing camera they are searching for is below. It was a red camera.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 am

The Hook is a local paper and can bring anybody interested in MOrgan up to date. I am still looking for the PR firm write up. It was pretty interesting.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:38 am

To read the article I was interested in scroll down to November 20 under the comments it was posted by Sean Cannan. He thinks no information is out because of some kind of cover up by the university. I thought it an interesting comment.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:53 am

I agree. I think there is a cover up and it is because of the basketball team.
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:42 pm

Basketball team equals money...from Alumni, big big money. If some of the good players were involved everything possible would have been done by the school to try and not have another scandal like Duke!
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:40 pm

by jeanne1807 Today at 11:36 am

The Hook is a local paper and can bring anybody interested in MOrgan up to date. I am still looking for the PR firm write up. It was pretty interesting.

Thanks Jeanne for this article.. I haven't been following this case very closely, but have been looking for updates on it and this article was the perfect way of doing so.

Man, I too have to wonder if there is something going on, or a connection to the Basket ball team :scratch: Then again, if she was in fact seen and it is proven that she was actually hitch hiking crying I'm sorry to say, that is NOT a good thing!!! Why people hitch hike, is MIND BOGGLING.. OMG, How scary to get into a car of someone you DO NOT KNOW!! affraid
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:55 pm

Another body found. In the search for Morgan a search for Morgan was picked up the scent dogs by RR tracks right by the arena.

Still no word on the body found yesterday.

How in the heck many are there???
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:21 pm

Jeanne, I am confused.. do you think the body they found could be Morgan? The article you posted said they were not sure if the women died from a train accident or froze to death?
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

I am not really sure just how far this new body was found from Charlottsville, VA. They don't say anything to give you a clue. Was it male or female. Personally I think they have a really good idea right away but can't tell anybody.

What caught my eye was the train. Morgans scent was picked up at the railroad tracks by a scent dog. Also there was speculation she might have fallen over the bridge she was supposidly seen HH ing on. So that is whats up here. Don't really know anything.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Ok, Thanks a ton for that information! I feel bad for not following this case as closely as I have others! There are just so many 🇳🇴
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 pm

I hope this works. It is a beautiful memorial to Morgan. I am going to send it to everybody on my email address list and ask them to forward it to their email address list.

Can I ask the same of you? For some reason Morgan has touched me deeply.

Thank you.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 pm

I posted this over on the Brittanie topic and thought I should post it here too. Some were thinking what it would be like to have a child missing. Morgan Harrington shares her thoughts about Morgan about once a week she posts. They are..chilling. Lovely written but you almost feel her pain.

If you are interested in one mothers feelings and thoughts while they search for her daughter you can join Gil Harrington on the family blog at findmorgan.com. Gil writes about once a week and it is heartbreaking to hear her beautiful words of love and hope. I am posting the link if you are interested.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:23 pm

This is what one psychic wrote about Morgan under the comments section in The Hook newspaper. Interesting reading and a good plot but Morgan is still gone.
Posted under comments on the hook. Psychic

• Stephanie Almaguer November 15th, 2009 | 6:42 pm
Hello- First, Most psychics, only take advantage of the weakened…. That being said, I, to an extent, an able to “get” information… I don’t like to call myself “psychic” though because of the label it brings. I have never charged, or really gone public….except in the rare occasions I have tried helping the Police in cases like this, where I get strong visions, feelings, and words. I did get a lot of information though, whether completely accurate or not, in regards to Morgans disappearance….I would like to post it and get any feedback / comments…… I am not one of those “psychics” who demands they’re right…in fact, many times I have been way off….and then on other occasions, I have gotten everything, down to the last detail correct…. Never-the-less, this is what I “got” and sent to the VA State Police…
Morgan had been drinking and high when she exited the arena. She went outside to actually see if someone was around that she thought might either be (or was going to) meet her there, or working there…..I think she actually talked to this person in the parking lot….And he smooth talked her into going with him instead of back into the concert….He either told him that he’d drive her home or back to the arena before the concert ended so she could catch back up with her friends….She did try to go back in to inform her friends of her new plans and couldn’t get in. He did tell her that she had to be shhhhh about their little “get together” because if his girlfriend found out he’d be dead. But at least one of her friends know the truth and for some reason are not talking. He also told her that a lot of his GF’s friends were there around the concert and if they saw her get into his car, they’d tell her and the arrangement was to meet up near the bridge out of site. This avoids anyone seeing her get into his car. - He drives off, alone….and she walks off alone…..Maybe she did see and talk to some of the BB players I’ve read about, but when she got to that bridge, she was alone. She wasn’t carelessly hitch-hiking…she had an agenda…..with someone she’d seen and possibly talked to before, and felt safe, for the most part. She attempted reentry into the arena to give her friends a heads up and couldn’t. When she (Morgan) left the JPJ lot and was walking, she had her purse with her. Soon after she arrived at the Bridge, the guy she was meeting drove up in a sports car (I want to say a mustang) But it was at least a sporty type looking car…..A male in his 20’s, non-threatening in appearance, rather bold and cocky, not sure if he’s a student on her campus or maybe some kind of worker?? His girlfriend, I believe IS or WAS on Campus. I get the name Asheley or close to that , but an “A” name and another female name of Jena or close to that also. She did not “know” him, but get the feeling she has seen him around and even talked a time or two……I am not sure if this girl smoked pot on a reg. basis, but I “see” it being passed back and forth and he offered her a drink as well both were laced. He pretend to smoked and she was a bit intoxicated and didn’t pay attention. After only a few mins. she was very disorientated…..but she did notice he was heading in the wrong directions and began telling him to just let her out. He told her to shut up etc.etc. She reached for her phone and he knocked it out of her hand, causing it to come apart- which is when I believe the battery fell out. He may have even hit her. Never the less, they ended up at a place that is very wooded and there is also creeks / water / rivers? around……About 10 mins. from the bridge location she was last seen at. I hear the word “Ivy”. I am “thinking” that she carried her purse with her outside, well, because you don’t just leave your purse lying down at a concert…and also, I believe the she did go to the restroom, And “freshened” up while in there. Her phone was in the purse, but her friend had the keys, because my feelings are that her friend drove the car to the concert. Next..
He proceeded to drag her from the car and she put up very little fight- she was raped and killed by a blow to the head. I see her in a wooded type location. I do not see her in water, but that doesn’t mean that she wasn’t in the water and is now on the bank.
When he left, he gathered her phone (but not the battery) and her purse and drove them back to the Arena that she told him she had been at, and he then left. I am not getting his name, but am thinking it may start with a B.
—————
- This person knew she’d be at the concert and may have even said he was “working” it and that if she got a chance, to come outside and talk to him…While he watched and lurked around….. I don’t know all the details, but do believe that I am in the right directions….. What about the name Ashley or something along those line? Does she have any close friends with that name? If so, I believe that I “got” that name because she knows much more than she is saying.
And again, When he comes back (before the concert is even over) to “drop off” her items, again, he’s alone. I know that this may all seem far fetched, but why wouldn’t he take her things back to the lot? He don’t want them…..He don’t want to dump them on the road…..He want’s it to appear as if she herself, left them there. But this guy isn’t too smart, and WILL get caught, by his own stupidity. In fact, I don’t think he even knows the battery fell out, under his seat……….
Im not crazy- only trying to help make sense out of something that makes absolutely no sense to anyone.
That’s about all I’ve got…. I hope that in some way, it helps to bring a close to this case, Justice for Morgan, Peace to her Family, and JAIL to her attacker!
Thanks for reading!
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Normal CUE, Center for Missing Persons, a nonprofit that aids in the search for missing children, has agreed to join the hunt for Morgan

Post by Nama on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:04 pm

The parents of missing Metallica fan Morgan Harrington held a press conference on Jan. 12 to update the public on the search for their daughter, who hasn't been seen since Oct. 17, when the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student vanished from a Metallica concert in Charlottesville, Va. The Harringtons warned local residents that their daughter's case proves the Charlottesville area is not as safe as some may like to think it is.

The Harringtons also revealed that the CUE Center for Missing Persons, a nonprofit that aids in the search for missing children, had agreed to join the hunt for their daughter. The CUE Center, according to reports, will review previous police and community search tactics to determine target areas for future search efforts.

"People don't just vanish," explained Dan Harrington, Morgan's father. "We believe someone saw Morgan. We believe someone took our daughter. Someone in this community was directly involved in her disappearance. It's important to realize that whoever took Morgan is still in this community and, because of that, Charlottesville and Albemarle County are not as safe as they were before Oct. 17."

Police have organized extensive searches of the Charlottesville area, and Monica Caison, who heads the CUE Center, said her organization will work police and community search teams to determine what steps should be taken next.

"It's going to take a few weeks to get everything together," Caison said. "Law enforcement has definitely been open to help and the community has done all they can do. Even if you have a lot of people searching, if they don't know what they're looking for, it's hard to find the right clues."

According to police, Harrington was drinking the night she vanished; she was separated from friends after using the bathroom, and ended up outside the concert arena, which has a no re-entry policy. Police think Harrington may have been drugged or suffered a head injury. She was last seen on a nearby railroad bridge, and police believe she was last seen hitchhiking. The police have asked the public to report behavioral changes in anyone who may have attended the concert, or if they notice anyone showing abnormal interest in Morgan's disappearance.

"We need to find our daughter," Dan Harrington said. "Her being missing puts a hole in our lives that goes unfilled. No one should ever have to go through this."

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:33 pm

I am still closely following Morgan Harringtons story. This beautiful young girl is still missing. Today her mother Gil Harrington posted the following on their blog FindMorgan.com. I thought you might like to see her frustration. Everybody's debating her words and their meaning.

Gil Harrington’s thoughts from January 23rdOn January - 25 - 20108 COMMENTS

January 23, 2010

I am concerned about the complacency in Charlottesville. I am feeling a tendency to downplay Morgan’s abduction, to protect the idyllic reputation of the city. I bought into that idyllic image until my daughter was stolen there. I understand the reluctance to be associated with this crime. I myself would prefer not to be known as the Mom of a missing girl. Charlottesville would prefer not to be recognized as the location of abduction. But there is no going back. These roles have been thrust upon us. I don’t think it is correct to downplay Morgan’s abduction to the community. To explain that this abduction occurred because Morgan made herself vulnerable – so not to worry – Vulnerable to what? To the PREDATOR who was there on October 17, 2009 and was still there in November. A bad event happened in Charlottesville – be known as the place where this act was NOT tolerated, not dismissed, be relentless, be clever, be resourceful, and find Morgan. Protect people rather than reputations, they are infinitely more precious.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Anybody would feel as this mother does in that situation. It must be heart-wrenching also as time slips by and the number of leads to follow become none. Some mothers and families have lived with this until the end of their days, never knowing, while the world moves on having forgotten their child is missing. So sad.
I do get her point, however, because they seem to be protecting the reputations of persons of interest and allowing that to slow any investigation, according to what we have read since her disappearance.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Normal Morgan Harrington/ The skeletal remains found Mon., 01/25/06 are now confirmed to be Morgan Harrington

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Tuesday, January 26, 2010Email story Print storyShare storyRSS feeds
Digg StumbleUpon del.icio.us Newsvine Google Facebook Technorati
Body found on Albemarle Co. farm; no link yet to Morgan Harrington disappearance
By Rex Bowman | The Roanoke Times

Virginia Department of Historic Resources

Police are currently scrutinizing the skeletal remains of a body found on Anchorage Farm in southern Albemarle County. The farm is located about 10 miles southwest of the University of Virginia campus, where missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington was last seen.
end
Blinkoncrime is reporting that they have a source that says it is Morgan,
however, this is not confirmed yet.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:39 pm

The parents of Morgan D. Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student missing since October, have been called to a farm off U.S. 29 south of Charlottesville, where police are investigating the discovery of skeletal remains.
Monica Caison, of the CUE Center for Missing Persons in North Carolina, said police have notified the Harringtons of the discovery and that the Roanoke couple is on the way to the site.
CUE was slated to start searching for Harrington, having been asked to assist in the case by her parents.
“I’ve talked to the Harringtons and they are on the way,” Caison said. “That area south of town is an area we were looking to search.”
A resident of Anchorage Farms, a 700-plus-acre tract of pasture and woods about fives miles south of Interstate 64 on the west side of U.S. 29, notified Albemarle County police this morning that he had found skeletal remains. County police later notified the Virginia State Police and turned the investigation over to the detectives heading the Harrington investigation.
The state police have been leading the investigation into the woman’s disappearance from a rock concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.
State and county police have scheduled a press conference at 5 p.m. today to discuss the discovery.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:41 pm

The parents of Morgan Harrington tell CBS 6 they are en route to the Charlottesville area to identify the skeletal remains found in Albemarle County this morning.

An Albemarle County resident found the remains Tuesday morning at a private residence called Anchorage Farm on Anchorage Farm Road in the Southern part of Albemarle County.

The farm is ten miles away from the John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville where 20-year-old Morgan Harrington was last seen at a Metallica concert October 17.

When we spoke to Dan Harrington, Morgan's Father, he was in tears and tells CBS 6 this is a horrible day for their family.

We also know that the lead investigator in the Harrington disappearance, Lt. Joe Rader, is on the scene.

CBS 6's Catie Beck spoke to the man who discovered the remains on his property.

David Dass, farmer and owner of Anchorage Farm, says after wind and rain last week there were several downed trees in his yard and he was out looking for possible repairs that would have to be made. It was in a remote area of his property that he spotted the body.

He says the area would be next to impossible to access from a road, it's at least a mile and a half from the roadway.

He discovered the remains, and at first didn't know whether it was a human or an animal, saying the remains were very badly decomposed.

Dass says, "I looked down and saw what looked like a human skull and my first thought was that it was Morgan Harrington."

He says the skull had no hair on it and couldn't tell from looking at the remains whether it was a male or female.

He immediately went inside and called 911 and said "I'm not even sure if this is a human body, but I think so."

Then he says, "We're a small, rural family and we've never had any trespassers. Now in dealing with this tragedy, of a dead person and at the same time if this is Morgan Harrington, a part of me thinks this is something good for people to know."

Dass says police confirmed right away that it was a human body, but he has not received any additional information.

Virginia State Police is planning a news conference this evening at 5:00pm.

Stay with CBS 6 and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the very latest.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Virginia State Police, University of Virginia Police, Albemarle County Police and Charlottesville Police will hold a news conference at 5 p.m. in regards to the skeletal remains found this morning on a farm in Albemarle County.

WDBJ7.com will live stream the news conference. Link below.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal NBC29 was told unofficially that the body appears to be a young woman with long blonde hair

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:21 pm

State Police have not confirmed the identity as Morgan Harrington, but NBC29 was told unofficially that the body appears to be a young woman with long blonde hair.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal The body is said to be partially skeletized and wearing black clothing

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:22 pm

A man in Virginia has reportedly found the remains of a blond woman on his farm, leading to speculation that the body could be that of Morgan Dana Harrington, a Virginia Tech student who went missing in October.

The farmer, Dave Bass, said he found the body this morning on a remote part of his property, the 700-acre Anchorage Farm in Albemarle County, according to a Charlottesville newspaper.

The body is said to be partially skeletized and wearing black clothing. Missing-person fliers for Harrington say she was wearing a black T-shirt with the word "Pantera" on it, a black mini skirt, black tights and black boots when she went missing.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:24 pm

While official confirmation is not expected until the earliest this evening, sources inside the investigation have confirmed to blinkoncrime.com that the remains located on Anchorage Farm in South Abermarle County are that of missing Virginia Tech Student Morgan Dana Harrington.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal UPDATE: Harrington’s parents arrive in Charlottesville

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:02 pm

The parents of Morgan D. Harrington, a 20-year-old Virginia Tech student missing since October, are in Charlottesville after skeletal remains were found this morning at a farm off U.S. 29 south of Charlottesville.
Monica Caison, of the CUE Center for Missing Persons in North Carolina, said police notified the Harringtons of the discovery, and the Roanoke couple headed to the area from Roanoke.
CUE was slated to start searching for Harrington, having been asked to assist in the case by her parents.
A resident of Anchorage Farms, a 700-plus-acre tract of pasture and woods about fives miles south of Interstate 64 on the west side of U.S. 29, notified Albemarle County police this morning that he had found skeletal remains. County police later notified the Virginia State Police and turned the investigation over to the detectives heading the Harrington investigation.
The state police have been leading the investigation into the woman’s disappearance from a rock concert at the John Paul Jones Arena.
State and county police have scheduled a press conference at 5 p.m. today to discuss the discovery.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:09 pm

I know its going to be really really difficult to get this message across to girls this age, but everything has to be done to make them aware that their parents arent just talking to be talking, when they tell them that
its a dangerous world out there. Going out in groups, or pairs, leaving cell phones on, not going off alone, simple precautions and using good judgement needs to be stressed over and over again. Friends looking out for each other when together too. I dont know how many times I heard my mother over and over again
telling me these things. My father was the same as the
father in my big fat greek wedding - and I got the big lecture whenever I walked out the door. But you knowwhat, it sticks in your head. You have to start on them when they are young and forget this baloney about not wanting to make them afraid - they should be afraid when they go out. There are predators in even the most innocent of places now and they need to THINK before they act. Im still telling this to my 38 year old daughter.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:13 pm

by artgal16 Today at 4:09 pm Im still telling this to my 38 year old daughter.
They are never too old to get advice on how to stay alive. We all need to be alert to the impending danger that is all around us. Even us " old moms". When I leave my daughter's house, to walk to my car, she calls me to make sure I'm safely in the car with the doors locked.

Last edited by BJ in OR on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:14 pm

God bless her and her family. Also, the wonderful man that found her.
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Normal Morgan's other thanks people for all their prayers and the efforts to find Morgan.

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Harrington’s mother Gil spoke to a local CBS affiliate, saying the remains are “probably” her daughters, and Harrington’s parents were on the scene to assist in identifying the body:

“We don’t think it’s been proved definitively yet, but it’s most likely,” she said. “So, we want to go and be on hand and see if that determination can be made. Or if we can help in making that determination.”

Gil Harrington said she wanted to thank people for all their prayers and the efforts to find Morgan.

“I was hoping we would find her alive, but at least we won’t always be wondering for a lifetime,” she said.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:45 pm

I cant find the words - they seem so empty in consideration of their loss and all the other parents that have lost children in this way. I pray now for justice for this girl and to find whomever did this to her.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:59 pm

BJ I LOVE that last picture you posted!! She is such a beautiful Women!
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:25 pm

State Police say they are fairly certain that the body found in Albemarle County is that of missing Roanoke County Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington.
Investigators said during a news conference they cannot release evidence that lead them to that conclusion.
State Police Superintendent Col. Steven Flaherty said an autopsy will be performed to confirm that the remains are Morgan’s.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum