Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roy Kronk was questioned by the defense November 19, 2009

3 posters

Go down

Roy Kronk was questioned by the defense November 19, 2009 Empty Roy Kronk was questioned by the defense November 19, 2009

Post by Nama Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:33 pm

Casey Anthony's defense to question meter reader who found remains

The meter reader who found Caylee Anthony's remains will be questioned by Casey Anthony's defense next month.

Roy Kronk insists he found the remains of little Caylee Anthony by chance after going to relieve himself in the woods near the Anthony home. But Kronk had reported a suspicuos bag in that same area four months earlier, and Casey Anthony's defense has called into question his story.
The deposition is set for November 19th at 9:00 AM at the courthouse in downtown Orlando.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Roy Kronk was questioned by the defense November 19, 2009 Empty Re: Roy Kronk was questioned by the defense November 19, 2009

Post by Guest Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Well Kronk is not just a meter reader. He is an ex bounty hunter. I know he can handle himself. Thanks for posting this BJ.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Roy Kronk was questioned by the defense November 19, 2009 Empty Re: Roy Kronk was questioned by the defense November 19, 2009

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:43 pm

I don't like Krunk. There is something about him that raises my red flags. I think there is more to Krunk and finding Caylee's remains than meets the eye, and I also think this is a plus for the defense, unfortunately.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:49 pm

I feel differently, I think he really was going on instinct...More than likely that was his usual potty place when he was on that route...other meter readers would have told him when he got switched to that route where the good places to go are...the green spaces, away from houses. he should have been more persistent the first time he called in his tip, people might not be so skeptical now.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:39 am

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The former Orange County meter reader who found Caylee Anthony's body was questioned under oath Thursday. The defense started questioning Roy Kronk Thursday morning and it lasted all day.

Kronk is a key prosecution witness. He puts Caylee's remains in the woods in August of last year, which is consistent with other evidence. Kronk says he saw the same suspicious trash bag in the same area both in August and December.

The defense wants to shoot down his story. It's already made unsubstantiated claims that someone else put the remains there after October 14, which is after Casey was locked up on no bond. Kronk smoked a cigarette as he left for a lunch break after a tough morning answering defense questions under oath.

“Has it been tough on you?” WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked.

“I just don't prefer speaking to the media to be honest, but yeah, it's been very tough on me,” Kronk replied.

Kronk came onto the scene as a hero who followed a hunch to the first patch of woods around the corner from Caylee Anthony's grandparent’s house on Suburban Drive. Kronk told investigators almost one year ago, when he found Caylee's remains in the woods, that he believes he was in the exact same spot in August, which is when he called investigators the first time. However, in August, the responding deputy never went to the exact spot where Caylee’s body was and, partly because of that, Deputy Richard Cain was fired.

There have been all kinds of stories circulating, including that Kronk got inside information through a relationship with someone who works at the jail or that he was somehow involved in putting the body there. Prosecutors believe he's telling the truth no matter what his character flaws are.

“Have they started to get into anything personal that's really unrelated to this case?” Belich asked as Kronk and his attorney left on a lunch break.

“They're just asking their questions. We don't want to comment in the middle of the deposition,” Kronk’s attorney David Evans replied.

The prosecution says other evidence, the condition of the remains and what was found with them and plant growth in the area also show Caylee was there at least since August.

The county hired Kronk's lawyer to help him through the frenzy, until he was let go over a workers’ compensation dispute (read report). But Kronk is grateful his lawyer is now working for free.

“I didn't feel comfortable leaving him without representation, so I'm going to stand by Roy and see it through,” Evans said.

Kronk won't reimburse the county for his $12,000 legal bill. The county says his tenacity saved taxpayers from paying for more searches and what could have been a much tougher prosecution.

Eyewitness News asked how the defense will fight the evidence of coffin flies that were found in Casey’s trunk.

“Do you believe coffin flies were in the trunk or are you telling us there weren't coffin flie?” Belich asked.

“I’m not going to comment,” Jose Baez responded.

“I think we're going to see them so how are you going to fight that?” asked Belich.

“I'm not going to comment on what we plan on doing. If that were the case, I might as well cash it in right now,” he said.

Eyewitness News learned that the defense isn’t finished. Baez plans to question Kronk again and said he's also considering a guilty plea in Casey's check fraud case which will be heard in January.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down