Florida Police Confirm Body in Landfill Is Somer Thompson/ SO waiting for lab results 1-8-10

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Normal Re: Florida Police Confirm Body in Landfill Is Somer Thompson/ SO waiting for lab results 1-8-10

Post by mommyof3kids on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:08 pm

ORANGE PARK, Fla. (CBS/AP) A school social worker reportedly warned Somer Thompson's mother about the danger of the child walking home from school a year before the 7-year-old was abducted and murdered.

Photo: Somer Thompson.

PICTURES: Somer Thompson

The unidentified worker told the Department of Children and Families that Somer Thompson and her three siblings got lost at least once walking from Grove Park Elementary School and were found in the woods with a stranger.

Photo: Diena Thompson speaks during a morning television news conference on Oct. 21, 2009.

PICTURES: Somer Thompson

But a Florida Department of Children and Families probe concluded the allegation had no basis. It also found the girl's mother, Diena Thompson, properly arranged for her children to be taken to and from school.

Somer Thompson vanished in late October 2009 as she was walking home from school. Her body was found 50 miles from her home in a Georgia landfill where trash from her neighborhood was dumped.

No one has been charged in her death.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/22/crimesider/entry6128691.shtml

mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Florida Police Confirm Body in Landfill Is Somer Thompson/ SO waiting for lab results 1-8-10

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Have the labs come back yet?????????????

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Nope.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:24 pm

What's up with this drawn-out investigation? Something just doesn't seem right here...Could they know more than they're saying, maybe watching someone, waiting for a slip-up? :idk:
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:23 am

Exactly. It doesn't take this damned long for the labs!!!! Something is amiss here!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Sheriff's Office has received a $20,000 federal grant to help pay overtime expenses related to its exhaustive investigation in the October death of Somer Thompson

Post by Nama on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:17 pm

The Clay County Sheriff's Office has received a $20,000 federal grant to help pay overtime expenses related to its exhaustive investigation in the October death of Somer Thompson.

Other grant applications are pending to fund the case, which is still clocking overtime as detectives pursue leads and other areas of investigation.

The grant was awarded through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program, funded by the U. S. Department of Justice's Bureau of Justice Assistance.

The sheriff's office initially applied for the grant in November. The agency has since asked that the grant be increased to $44,754 to cover subsequent overtime expenses, according to county documents.

http://jacksonville.com/community/clay/2010-01-23/story/grant_awarded_so_police_can_pay_for_overtime_in_somer_thompson_case

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum