Tim Miler convinced Haleigh is dead

Go down

Normal Tim Miler convinced Haleigh is dead

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:37 am

Searcher convinced Haleigh dead

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Saturday, October 24, 2009 3:26 AM EDT

The founder of a search team involved in the quest to find Haleigh Cummings says he believes the child is dead and authorities will be lucky to find her body.

Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller, who has assisted law enforcement in the search for Haleigh since February, says the group focuses on finding children who still have a chance to be alive. That no longer includes the missing 6-year-old from Satsuma.

"In no way possible do I believe Haleigh is alive," Miller said. "Haleigh's going to be just as deceased tomorrow as she is today, or next week as she was six months ago, bottom line. And I hope I'm wrong about that. But let's try to save the ones that just disappeared or that we have leads on, with people that are cooperating, rather than fighting with these families."

After traveling to Jacksonville to assist in the search for 7-year-old Somer Thompson, whose body was discovered in a south Georgia landfill Thursday, Miller immediately jetted off to Oklahoma in his to aid in solving another disappearance.

"You have to drop everything else you're doing if you have a chance of bringing another home alive, and we have to do that," Miller said.

As for Haleigh, Miller's hope is to give her "the funeral she deserves and the dignity she deserves."

Family members of Haleigh have a different idea.

"We fully believe she's alive," Annette Sykes, Haleigh's paternal grandmother, said Friday. "We believe someone will say something, or the conscience of whoever has her will get the best of them."

Miller believes 17-year-old Misty Cummings holds the key to finding out what really happened between 8 p.m. Feb. 9 and 3 a.m. Feb. 10.

"From being with Misty when the polygraph and voice analysis was done, she says she knows Haleigh is alive. And with the inconsistencies I heard from Misty nonstop, that means Haleigh is not alive," Miller said.

Cummings was babysitting Haleigh the night she disappeared from the Satsuma residence. Investigators with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office have said inconsistencies remain in her story.

"I agree with law enforcement 100 percent," Miller said. "Misty does hold the key into Haleigh's disappearance and has information that could bring this case to a close. Who she's protecting? Who knows yet, but I'm sure the day will come that we will find out."

Cummings married Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, about a month after she dialed 911 to report the child missing.

The couple has since divorced, saying they were faced with too much public scrutiny.

Deputy Hancel Woods, a spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, said Friday the agency's search for Haleigh is ongoing, with more than 5,000 tips received since her disappearance.

"We continue to investigate tips that come in and are working on the case every day as we have since day one," Woods said. "We still have hope that we are going to bring that little girl home safe."

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/10/24/news/news01.txt

I wholeheartedly agree with Mr. Miller. SAD!!
crying

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Tim Miler convinced Haleigh is dead

Post by CritterFan1 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:46 am

I agree with every word he said...IMO HaLeigh is dead. I hate to say it but I really have thought it from the beginning. He is right, he needs to be at current , active cases where there is still hope of bringing a child home.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum