Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orange County Fires Roy Kronk, Who Found Caylee Anthony

+3
TerryRose
Wrapitup
Nama
7 posters

Go down

Orange County Fires Roy Kronk, Who Found Caylee Anthony Empty Orange County Fires Roy Kronk, Who Found Caylee Anthony

Post by Nama Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Roy Kronk, the Orange County worker who found Caylee Anthony's remains, was fired this week.

Kronk's lawyer David Evans tells WESH 2 News that Kronk was fired over an issue related to worker's compensation.

Kronk was working at a county warehouse and suffered a shoulder or neck injury.

"There's a dispute between Roy and the county over a job-related injury," Evans said. "Roy is going to consider what his options are."

In a statement, Evans added: "This dispute arose because Mr. Kronk's management directed him to resume work duties after his injury, and Mr. Kronk and his health care providers did not consider it to be safe or medically appropriate to resume those duties at this time."

Orange County administrators said Kronk failed to show at a disciplinary hearing and as of Wednesday was terminated from his job.

Evans said Kronk is reviewing his legal options.

Evans was paid by Orange County to represent Kronk, who faces a deposition in the Anthony case next month.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Litchman wrote that in terminating Kronk, the county will no longer pay his legal fees. Kronk recently was working in the utility's administrative division.

Kronk is scheduled to be deposed by lawyers representing Caylee Anthony's mother, Casey, on November 19th.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Orange County Fires Roy Kronk, Who Found Caylee Anthony Empty Re: Orange County Fires Roy Kronk, Who Found Caylee Anthony

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Why would he fail to show at a disciplinary hearing? I don't get it..but have never been a fan of his..something about him raises my red flags.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Orange County Fires Roy Kronk, Who Found Caylee Anthony Empty Re: Orange County Fires Roy Kronk, Who Found Caylee Anthony

Post by TerryRose Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 pm

No matter what we think of Mr. Kronk, the situation seems to me to be a set-up because they don't want to pay his legal bills as they had been doing and found an excuse to get rid of him. I would think that it would be illegal to fire somebody because they have filed for workman's comp following an injury on the job. It sounds to me like Mr. Kronk has a good case against his employer. I am not, however, an attorney, nor am I an employer, and I think that the workman's comp laws differ from state to state.

Last edited by TerryRose on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling.)
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:22 pm

Not sure, but I think Florida is an "At Will" state, meaning they can terminate you at will w/no reason. Be that as it may, he was a City employee..maybe in a union..so he may have a leg to stand on.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:47 pm

Employment at Will

Under Florida law, employment contracts which do not specify a definite term of employment are terminable "at will." In other words, an employee can quit or be fired at anytime for any reason, other than those proscribed by law (e.g., race, sex, handicap, age, etc.). Recently, some plaintiffs have challenged Florida's at will policy, arguing that the employer's personnel handbook laid out a termination procedure requiring good reason or cause. The courts, however, have largely resisted these arguments and continue to view most employment contracts without a definite term of employment as terminable by either party at their discretion.

Employment contracts which specify a definite term of employment are not terminable at will. Instead, both parties must abide by the terms of the agreement, otherwise they may be subject to a breach of contract lawsuit.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by frogs Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:58 pm

Why didn't Kronk show up for the hearing, if for no other reason than to hold on to his representation by council (at the county's expense) for the CA depo? He's not a rich man, and attorneys don't come cheaply. And I believe Baez and Lyon will do their best to spin his story and words to fit with their theory of poor little Caylee being moved while KC sat in jail. He's definitely going to need an attorney. This just doesn't make any sense. I would like to hope that maybe he'll get someone to work pro-bono for him....these pro-bono (yea, right! lol) folks sure came out of the woodwork to represent KC!!!
frogs
frogs

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjustice37 Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:53 am

Wrapitup wrote:Why would he fail to show at a disciplinary hearing? I don't get it..but have never been a fan of his..something about him raises my red flags.

ditto

I think the smallest action can define who you are!
ladyjustice37
ladyjustice37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:06 am

If it had not been for Kronk we would not have found Caylee. He may be a bit shady but after reading his interviews with LE I no longer feel there was a "conspiracy that he was involved in". I hope a pro bono lawyer steps up to help him out. I think he should call ZG lawyers.
wink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:20 pm

lindamarie wrote:If it had not been for Kronk we would not have found Caylee. He may be a bit shady but after reading his interviews with LE I no longer feel there was a "conspiracy that he was involved in". I hope a pro bono lawyer steps up to help him out. I think he should call ZG lawyers.
wink

I agree, LM, I don't know what kind of person he is but what is important to me is that he found the body and that he so desperately tried on more than one occasion to get the police to the scene to investigate the finding. Were it not for his repeated efforts, Caylee would not have been found and the suspect not brought to justice.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm grateful that Kronk found Caylee! If it wasn't for him Cindy would still be trying to convince everyone with the false sighting pictures saying Caylee was still alive and with Zanny.
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:03 pm

I agree with all of the above, but really..if it were any of us, wouldn't we have told Cain to please look in the bag? To call LE three times in August tells me he had had some great suspicions, at the very least, that Caylee was in that area of the woods. Things just don't add up but of course I am extremely glad that 4 months later, he finally took the bull by the horns and looked in the bag himself.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:28 pm

janie wrote:I'm grateful that Kronk found Caylee! If it wasn't for him Cindy would still be trying to convince everyone with the false sighting pictures saying Caylee was still alive and with Zanny.
You are right, Kronk put an end to the Ant's whirlwind "Caylee is Alive Tour".
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down