DNA Confirms Nevaeh's remains :-(

Go down

Normal DNA Confirms Nevaeh's remains :-(

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:42 pm

HLN just said it has been confirmed that the body found IS that of Little Nevaeh. :(

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: DNA Confirms Nevaeh's remains :-(

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Just heard that, fysty.
Even though we KNOW it, we don't want to KNOW it.
So sad!!! :(

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:59 pm

Here is a link to a Detroit Free Press article about the police confirming Nevaeh's remains. http://freep.com/article/20090609/NEWS05/90609059/DNA+test+makes+a+positive+ID++It+s+Nevaeh+s+body

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:18 pm

Just read that then came here. Well, I don't know about them spending 35-13 years in Jail, I think it's going to end up being Life without parole or Death! Does anyone know Michigan's DP rules?
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:20 pm

They are also reporting that a beer can was found in the cement.
They are so "shocked" on the media. I dont know why - if a monster can kill a 5 year old little girl - hes capable of throwing a beer can on the grave. The no good bxxxard
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:37 pm

In 1963, the abolition of the death penalty was inscribed in the state constitution as Article 4, Section 46. The most recent effort to introduce the death penalty in Michigan was defeated in the state legislature in 2004.

NO DP!!! :evil:
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:42 pm

I also found this interesting and if this needs to moved to another topic, please let me know, but it is a list of what states do and do not have DP and it also lists how many DR inmates there are and how many have been executed.

http://teacher.deathpenaltycurriculum.org/c/states/compare/statedata.PDF
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:42 pm

This is the news we did NOT want to hear but knew that we would. Just like when it took over a week to identify Caylee's remains.

I pray LE throws the book at the killer and takes Jennifer with them.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:48 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:Just read that then came here. Well, I don't know about them spending 35-13 years in Jail, I think it's going to end up being Life without parole or Death! Does anyone know Michigan's DP rules?

Michigan was the first English speaking government to ban the death penalty. It was banned in 1846. Governor Jennifer Granholm strongly opposes the death penalty. A lot of people want the death penalty for Nevaeh's killer, but I'm not sure how far any push for the death penalty would get with Michigan politicians.

There is a third person of interest named James Easter who was caught burning things in his backyard at 5am right after being questioned by the police in this case. That is highly suspicious to me and I don't understand why he was cleared so easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:59 pm

There is a third person of interest named James Easter who was caught burning things in his backyard at 5am right after being questioned by the police in this case. That is highly suspicious to me and I don't understand why he was cleared so easily.

t2, I am glad you brought up his name again. I have wondered this same thing. I wonder if he will be re-questioned after this find?
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:05 pm

I pray that whomever did this is a "sloppy" drinker & left enough DNA in the beer can to hang themself. I am NOT convinced yet that this killer is any of these sex offenders. Have we all completely forgotten M. Huckaby? I have not seen or heard LE clear her very own mother. Has anyone else? She hungs out with some very shady characters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 am

I agree with you, FstyAngel! :D Wonder what kind of beer Jennifer drinks? The first words out of her mouth after learning that Nevaeh's body had been found were, "I am completely innocent". Why would she say a thing like that when she should have been inconsolable? She claims she cries, but, only in her home. What? affraid If someone has a missing child, they will cry anywhere, and everywhere. It shouldn't matter. 🇳🇴
~FystyAngel~ wrote:I pray that whomever did this is a "sloppy" drinker & left enough DNA in the beer can to hang themself. I am NOT convinced yet that this killer is any of these sex offenders. Have we all completely forgotten M. Huckaby? I have not seen or heard LE clear her very own mother. Has anyone else? She hungs out with some very shady characters.

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Fysty~
I for one have not forgotten about MH, and still feel bad for thinking the Sanrda's mother will live with the guilt of letting her daughter rome the neighborhood, unbeknown to me and the rest of the world, it was the MOTHER her daughers friend who she should have been keeping her away from.

As far as the Navaeh case goes, I am not sure the mother Jennifer actually murdered her daughter, but I know she knows more then she is leading on and/or knows who did it and how. And I still can't figure out why she is not in jail on child endagerment charges... FL LE didn't hesitate to arrest KC!

Time will tell with this case! I am hoping that there is good DNA on the beer bottle.

Fysty, you can first handedly slap me in the head if it does turn out to be her mother that killed her frying pan
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:28 pm

They just said on HLN that George K works with cement and whoever did this used the river water to mix with the cement.

The only reason I do not believe the mom did this is cause she took a poly and passed except for the question re: if George K is/was her BF. Plus, I am sure they have questioned the little girl who came up and told the "mom" that Neveah was playing w/her scooter in the street.

However, I DO believe this was Planned and the mom is in on it.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:04 pm

They just said on HLN that George K works with cement and whoever did this used the river water to miss with the cement.

Yes Wrap, and the fact that Jennifer said in earler reports that George was fishing the day she disappeared... Sounds a little Fishy if you ask me... :x
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:40 pm

Horrible news, but I'm thankful they found her this soon and that it's confirmed to be Nevaeh. This crude grave with cement just sloppily poured on top of her. I'm hoping for DNA evidence galore. SO's Kennedy and Smith have been moved to a state prison in Jackson awaiting their parole revocation hearing. It stumps me as well about the Easter guy being cleared so quickly, what was he burning? I do believe more than one person was involved, and I am not ruling out Jennifer Buchanan's possible involvement or knowledge of what happened. I guess we will see. Justice for Nevaeh. 😢

Back to top Go down

Normal Direction for the Nevaeh investigation?

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:14 pm

I have a feeling that what's going on right now with the investigation is very intensive and that investigators are being very tight-lipped with reporters about the case. My guess is that investigators are working from two sources, the burial site and George Kennedy's apartment, hoping to tie the two together with evidence found at both scenes. DNA and trace testing logically would have concentrated first on identifying the body as that of Nevaeh (may the little angel rest in peace!), but now may turn to identifying the perpetrator. Determining the cause and manner of death is also tied in with that effort.

Because George Kennedy's apartment was small, and because we know of no suggestion that he might have mixed concrete there (also, it is about a 20-minute drive from the recovery site), there may be another crime scene that investigators already know of or suspect, or are still looking for: the place where the concrete was prepared. I have a feeling that reporters on the ground in Monroe County may have learned where George Kennedy is (or had been) employed, but may be cooperating with authorities to keep that under wraps until they have the chance to investigate fully.

Even so, I would have a hard time believing that it would be any more than a week until we hear of either an arrest in the case, or else at least word on the cause or manner of death.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:08 am

Great post as usual, Tim, and I confer with everything you said.

I also feel that an arrest in this case and/or the cause of death will be made or announced soon.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum