Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Plea Deal For Casey Anthony?

+3
Nama
mommyof3kids
Wrapitup
7 posters

Go down

Possible Plea Deal For Casey Anthony? Empty Possible Plea Deal For Casey Anthony?

Post by Wrapitup Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Sunday, November 22, 2009 1:47:57 PM

Reported by Adam Longo

ORLANDO -- It’s one of the biggest case files in Orange County history.

More than 12,300 pages of discovery have been turned over to Casey's defense team.

We know the state’s position is that Casey Anthony intentionally killed her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. But we don't know how her defense team plans to fight that because they're not saying -- yet.

“There's a whole part of this case that no one is reporting or knows about and that will all come out at trial,” said Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez.

The more immediate challenge for this defense team is the check fraud case against Anthony scheduled to begin in January.

Casey allegedly stole several checks from a friend. She used one at a Target store to buy a handful of items.

Could that case end before the trial even starts?

“(Is there any harm to a plea in that case?) We're discussing all options and we're explaining all options to our client,” Baez said.

There's also the issue of Anthony’s solitude in jail.

“She wants to see her family,” Baez said.

Her attorneys are the only people she gets to see. The fact that all her jail visits are recorded and released to the media means its all fair game at trial.

“The prospective jury pool is out there and I have to guard everything I possibly can with this case,” Baez said. “No matter what's done, no matter what's said, people are going to read into it and say things and overanalyze it and criticize it and I don't think when you have someone's life hanging in the balance you can take any risks.”

Right now the check fraud case is set for January. The murder case will likely take place next summer.

Baez is confident they'll hit those dates.

“There's not gonna be any stall tactics on the part of the defense. Casey wants her day in court. She wants to prove her innocence and that's what we're gonna try and do,” Baez said.

The defense has requested a change of venue for both the check fraud case and the murder case. So far, the judge hasn't scheduled a date to consider that request.

The next court date for Anthony is a pretrial hearing in the check fraud case on Dec. 11.

That'll happen one year to the day her daughter’s remains were discovered down the street from her home.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Excuse me, her DAY in court? How about Months in court? What a Bozo!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Possible Plea Deal For Casey Anthony? Empty Re: Possible Plea Deal For Casey Anthony?

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Ha Ha.. Funny Joke.. Man, you had me thinking Crazy was actually going to consider a Plea deal on the murder charge ROFLMAO
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Possible Plea Deal For Casey Anthony? Empty Re: Possible Plea Deal For Casey Anthony?

Post by Wrapitup Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:35 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:Ha Ha.. Funny Joke.. Man, you had me thinking Crazy was actually going to consider a Plea deal on the murder charge ROFLMAO
That's what I thought when I first saw the title. I thought, "On a Sunday...they are asking for a plea deal?" Honestly, that was my first thought because I DO think right at the end before trial, Bozo WILL ask for a plea deal in the murder case. There are too many strikes again her and they know it. They will try every trick in the book until the last minute. This is my opinion only.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Totally agree Wrap... There is no way Caseys' attys actually think that they can get her off scott-free!! They can keep flinging crap at the wall (loving mother, jesse grund did it, amy did it, KRONK DID IT) hoping a potential juror will believe this nonsense. A potential juror will NEVER be able to see past the 31 days, fusian ultra lounge, La Bella Vita, & "& Im Soooo alone, I have no one to comfort ME." A plea agreement is the only way to keep her off of death row. The Florida tax-payers dont deserve to help fund a dog & pony show. Just MOO.

huge waste just saw this, its AWESOME!!!! LOL!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Bozo doesn't say he's going to do it.....he says he's going to try. At least he realizes that it's not a 'for sure' thing.

“There's not gonna be any stall tactics on the part of the defense. Casey wants her day in court. She wants to prove her innocence and that's what we're gonna try and do,” Baez said.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:02 pm

He ALWAYS says she wants her "day in court". I am so tired of him saying that. Doesn't any criminal want their day in court? He always has these pat answers for everything. He needs to just stay off the airwaves and my television. :lair: crap
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Bozo... innocent until proven guilty REMEMBER??????

LOL hes such a bozo!
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:57 pm

The name fits. So sick of hearing about her (kc') day in court AND how she is going to sell her story, she must be perfecting her latest version of her so called 'story".
Story is the right word, you notice he does not say KB is going to tell the truth, she is still looking that word up in Websters.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Possible Plea Deal For Casey Anthony? Empty Possible Plea Deal For Casey Anthony?

Post by Nama Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:50 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:32 pm

If they were smart they will take a plea in the fraud case, because they have no defense except to say that Casey was authorized by Amy to use the money in the accounts and no one will buy it. However, the question is would the State agree to a plea and to what charge
would she agree to. The State is not going to let her get off with a lessor charge because they want a felony conviction on her record. Actually if I were the State
I wouldnt allow a plea because they have got her nailed on these charges.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiinTx Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:06 pm

The only way I would think to allow the plea deal (if it was me) was to make sure the charges are still felony charges. THEN she would be a convicted felon before she goes to trial. :cheers: And that my friends is a good thing for the state!
NikkiinTx
NikkiinTx

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:33 pm

I wonder if Amy has a say in any of this.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down