Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judge Rules On Motions In Casey Anthony Case/ UPDATE: Judge rules that Death Penalty IS ON THE TABLE

+7
charminglane
mommyof3kids
artgal16
lisette
CritterFan1
Wrapitup
adelacruz
11 posters

Go down

Judge Rules On  Motions In Casey Anthony Case/ UPDATE: Judge rules that Death Penalty IS ON THE TABLE Empty Judge Rules On Motions In Casey Anthony Case/ UPDATE: Judge rules that Death Penalty IS ON THE TABLE

Post by adelacruz Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:45 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Stan Strickland ruled on three motions Wednesday in the case against Casey Anthony. WFTV.com is working to post them as soon as possible.

A motion for protective order was granted in regards to an interview with EquuSearch volunteer Joe Jordan.

The judge also denied the defense's motion to destroy videos of family visits.

A double jeopardy clause motion filed by the defense was also denied.
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Judge Rules On  Motions In Casey Anthony Case/ UPDATE: Judge rules that Death Penalty IS ON THE TABLE Empty Re: Judge Rules On Motions In Casey Anthony Case/ UPDATE: Judge rules that Death Penalty IS ON THE TABLE

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Judge Rules On 3 Motions In Casey Anthony Case
2 Motions Denied, 1 Granted

POSTED: 2:29 pm EST December 16, 2009
UPDATED: 2:39 pm EST December 16, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Stan Strickland ruled on three motions in the Casey Anthony case Wednesday.

The first motion claimed that Anthony's multiple check fraud charges in which she is accused of pilfering money from friend, Amy Huzienga, should be categorized as double jeopardy. That motion was denied.

Also denied was a motion to destroy all jailhouse interviews involving Casey Anthony and her family.

A protective order was granted for an interview involving EquuSearch volunteer Joe Jordan.

Casey Anthony is in the Orange County Jail charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home in December 2008. Anthony maintains that a nanny by the name of Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped the toddler.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No ruling on the DP yet?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Judge Rules On  Motions In Casey Anthony Case/ UPDATE: Judge rules that Death Penalty IS ON THE TABLE Empty Re: Judge Rules On Motions In Casey Anthony Case/ UPDATE: Judge rules that Death Penalty IS ON THE TABLE

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:58 pm

Way to go Judge Strickland!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Judge Rules On  Motions In Casey Anthony Case/ UPDATE: Judge rules that Death Penalty IS ON THE TABLE Empty Judge Denies 2 Casey Anthony Defense Motions

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:52 pm

Posted: 2:13 pm EST December 16, 2009
Updated: 4:52 pm EST December 16, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A judge ruled Wednesday on three of the motions that came up during Friday’s emotional Casey Anthony hearing. In two of them, he ruled against the defense.

This time, Judge Stan Strickland denied defense motions without any kind of explanation. He refused to drop nine of the charges Casey faces for stealing and cashing her best friend's checks (read ruling) and refused to order the destruction of jail videos (read ruling), which are public records.

JUDGE'S RULINGS: EquuSearch | Dismiss Counts | Jail Videos
The Orange County jail videotaped Casey Anthony's visits with her family and the public records have been broadcast all over the world. Some of the videos aren't so flattering to Casey and the defense says the cameras have kept her family away for more than a year.

The defense also claims Casey's being treated unfairly, because she faces multiple charges for each check she stole and cashed and wanted the judge to drop nine of them.

Judge Strickland said no to both requests without giving reasons.

“The less merit a judge finds in a motion, the more likely a judge is just going to deny it without explanation,” WFTV legal expert Bill Sheaffer said.
During last Friday's hearing, the judge indicated the defense wants him to make new laws for Casey's benefit.

“Aren't you asking me to reinvent the wheel?” Judge Strickland questioned.

“It's not his job as a trial judge and he's not gonna do it,” Sheaffer said.

Casey appeared to cry Friday as the defense tried to argue for family jail visits without cameras and for a murder case without the death penalty to get what they called more "open-minded" jurors. But, when it was about Caylee, when prosecutors surprised everyone with their theory of how Casey would have had to have somehow restrained the 3-year-old to stop her from pulling three pieces of duct tape from her nose and mouth so she could breathe, Casey's cold, steely expression changed only after words from defense attorney Jose Baez. Even then, no tears were visible.

“Either she needs to hone her acting skills or she needs to just be herself,” Sheaffer said.

The judge granted the prosecution's motion to seal an illegal recording made by an EquuSearch volunteer of his interview with defense investigators (read ruling). Apparently, he told the defense and prosecutors two different things about whether he searched the same woods months before Caylee's remains were found there.

The judge has yet to rule on the death penalty and whether the Anthonys can visit without jail cameras.

PRIVATE EYE'S DEPOSITION CANCELLED
The Anthony family's private investigator was supposed to be deposed Wednesday afternoon, but it was cancelled.

Dominic Casey's attorney has argued the investigator shouldn't have to testify, because he once worked on Anthony's defense team.

Dominic Casey was videotaped in the woods, near the Anthony family home, just one week before Caylee's remains were found there.

CASEY'S PARENTS MAINTAIN THEIR DAUGHTER'S INNOCENCE
More than one year after Caylee Anthony's remains were found, her grandparents, Cindy and George Anthony, continue to maintain their daughter Casey Anthony’s innocence.

“I don’t believe my daughter could hurt anyone, I really don’t believe that. I don’t believe Cindy and I could bring someone into this world who would want to hurt somebody, especially their own daughter,” George said during an interview Tuesday morning on The Today Show.

VIDEO REPORT: Anthonys' Talk In TV Interview
Cindy and George appeared on the show to talk about Casey and the recent hearing, which they attended.
"I can't accept what I’ve been told, because I don't believe they've done a full investigation, and I would like them to continue to do so. There's a lot of evidence out there that has not been looked into," Cindy Anthony said.

The couple has not spoken to their daughter in 14 months, but said they hope Judge Stan Strickland rules to change that. Currently, all visits to the jail are videotaped. Casey's lawyers are trying to prevent having those tapes be released.

"Everything we do or say, or anything Casey does, any look that she gives or doesn't give, she's so picked apart. Even her tears on Friday, people were just picking her apart," Cindy said.

Cindy and George's lawyer, Brad Conway, said he believes Judge Strickland will have a ruling on the motions this week, which also include a request by the defense to throw out the death penalty.

I could not agree MORE with what Bill Sheaffer said about Casey and her "tears". I think it was all an act.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Judge Denies Another Defense Motion In Casey Case

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Stan Strickland denied another defense motion in the case against Casey Anthony Thursday. WFTV.com will post the motion as soon as possible.

Judge Strickland said that Casey should not get special treatment in the jail.

The defense wanted the jail to stop videotaping Casey whenever she was meeting with her lawyers or with her family.

But the jail videotapes every inmate in those situations so the judge denied the motion. He also turned down three other motions that came out of last Friday's court hearing.
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Way to go Judge!!! Poor KC probably can't believe that they are not bending the rules for her...like CA and Ga did all those years...Wake up, Sweetie, this is the real world now!!! :cheers: 🎅 :rendeer:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:19 pm

I wonder if her parents will now ask Baez to let them visit regardless of this new ruling. Baez calls the shots,
even if the Anthonys wanted to go, I doubt he will let them.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Woot Woot!! :woot: Ha Ha.. Thank you Judge S!

This will be Casey in her cell tonight a fit WHY are they being so unfair to me.. wasn't the judge impressed at my emotions I finally showed him last hearing?? pick in
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Letters can still be sent back and forth between parent and child. If they are not communicating with the b#*^ch at all, that is their problem.
And it speaks volumes about what they really believe.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:46 pm

The letters that come in are read by the jailors arent they? They really cant tell Casey about their cruising or anything that might seem like they are living their lives and might be enjoying themselves even a little bit because she is so jealous. Remember when she thought they had a little party when she first went into jail? Oof! she had a fit.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:51 pm

No, the jailer's don't read the content but look for contraband. I suppose they Could read them if they wanted to, but as a rule..they don't.

They are more likely to read what Casey writes rather than mail she receives.

If they really wanted to see her - they would go and to hell with it. Just say they love each other and leave it at that. It's ridiculous to think Bozo would even ask for preferential treatment.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:13 pm

I hope Srickland rules on the DP tomorrow!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by frogs Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:05 pm

Sindy said on one of her many national news shows that she and Georgie communicated with KC through letters. Then after that, she changed her story (not the first time, and probably not the last) and said they hadn't written. I believe that they did, and that they were on Baez' laptop which he brings to the jail with him; which is probably against the rules. But nevertheless, I agree with Wrap, if all they want to do is tell NotMom* in person that they love her, they could do that and leave. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me if they had downloaded videos of themselves for Baez to bring to KC.

* credit to CritterFan for this term.
frogs
frogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Also, Frogs, no way in hell that Spindy could stay quiet, and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree so God only knows what Casey would and could blurt out.

And, this I do agree with Spindy on...the media would have a field day (and rightly so) with every single facial tic or look Casey gives.

LOL on the credit to Critter!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:24 pm

Judge Rules To Leave Death Penalty On Table For Casey

Despite an argument by Casey Anthony's defense team, a motion was denied by Judge Stan Strickland, so the death penalty will still be sought against the 23-year-old.

Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney, has argued that the death penalty in this case is unconstitutional.

Baez also previously filed a motion asking the judge to force the prosecution to reveal why it believes the death penalty should be on the table.

He argued that the prosecution cannot establish why or how Caylee died and wants to know what evidence the state that justifies the death penalty.

"While the Court found much of defense counsel's argument regarding death penalty law and procedures to be compelling, her argument as to the state's bad faith and impermissible motives cannot withstand scrutiny. While the quantum of evidence sufficient to seek the death penalty will virtually always be an issue, that matter is best left to the jury. The prosecution's brief recitation of facts supporting its decision to seek the death penalty in this matter was also compelling, and therefore sufficient," the order stated.

Casey Anthony is in the Orange County Jail charged with murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home in December 2008 by a meter reader. Anthony maintains that a nanny by the name of Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped Caylee.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:44 pm

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :cheers: stripper cindy Bravo :rockon: :smnanatongue: 👍 Hiney Electric Chair huge waste :woot: :whew: :new year:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:47 pm

Not surprising. If I was a tax payer in Florida I would picket Baez office for wasting my money.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:49 pm

OMG, Wrap. I thought that last emotion was a person drinking and smoking......but it's just one of those party noise makers. You had me worried! affraid
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:00 pm

BJ in OR wrote:OMG, Wrap. I thought that last emotion was a person drinking and smoking......but it's just one of those party noise makers. You had me worried! affraid
ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO Trust me when I tell you there are still times when I want a smoking but I do cindy instead. duct and run
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:43 pm

Wrapitup wrote:YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :cheers: stripper cindy Bravo :rockon: :smnanatongue: 👍 Hiney Electric Chair huge waste :woot: :whew: :new year:

I second that emotion----and the emoticons also!
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:52 pm

I second that emotion----and the emoticons also!

Can I triple those emotions??? peace :idk:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:08 pm

Will Judge S. be the one to preside over the case?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:26 pm

cherylz wrote:Will Judge S. be the one to preside over the case?
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: chug :clapping: Fingers Crossed :celebration: :fight13: :crazy :
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:39 pm

Kathi Belich's report reference DP stays on the table:

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:52 am

Good! So far I see a very fair man in Judge Strickland. Thank God!
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down