Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony's Status Hearing on 1-25 at 1:30 pm/ Fraud trial postponed & will not start on 1-25.

5 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony's Status Hearing on 1-25 at 1:30 pm/ Fraud trial postponed & will not start on 1-25. Empty Casey Anthony's Status Hearing on 1-25 at 1:30 pm/ Fraud trial postponed & will not start on 1-25.

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:48 pm

Posted: 4:51 pm EST January 18, 2010Updated: 5:03 pm EST January 18, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- This week's status hearing for Casey Anthony’s murder trial has been delayed until Monday January 25, the day her check fraud trial is scheduled to start.

The defense had asked for a change of venue for that trial and there are reports that, since no hearings have been held on that issue, the defense also wants the check fraud trial to be put off.

In many cases, judges will try to find a local jury first before discussing a change of venue.

In this case, the judge has already ruled that alleged victim Amy Huizenga has a right to get justice before Casey's murder case goes to trial.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony's Status Hearing on 1-25 at 1:30 pm/ Fraud trial postponed & will not start on 1-25. Empty Re: Casey Anthony's Status Hearing on 1-25 at 1:30 pm/ Fraud trial postponed & will not start on 1-25.

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 pm

What? the fraud case starts on the same day as the status hearing for the murder case? How can that be?
Can they do that at the same time?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony's Status Hearing on 1-25 at 1:30 pm/ Fraud trial postponed & will not start on 1-25. Empty Re: Casey Anthony's Status Hearing on 1-25 at 1:30 pm/ Fraud trial postponed & will not start on 1-25.

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:36 pm

artgal16 wrote:What? the fraud case starts on the same day as the status hearing for the murder case? How can that be?
Can they do that at the same time?
My thoughts exactly. I think the Defense will do anything to delay the inevitable. soap box la la la

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:54 pm

There has been a lot of speculation that Casey would plea the fraud trial out. I guess her defense team
is going to let her go to trial. Unbelievable! Does she have to testify in the fraud trial? Even if she gets up on the stand and pleads the fifth?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 pm

Not sure on that. Good question to blog to Bill Schaffer.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 am

From the article, it sounds like the defense will ask for a delay in the fraud trial...so it won't be on the 25th? Shucks, I was looking forward to SOMETHING happening soon!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:29 am

I am ready for some justice, lets get this thing rolling.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony's Status Hearing on 1-25 at 1:30 pm/ Fraud trial postponed & will not start on 1-25. Empty Hal Boedeker/ The TV Guy - Casey Anthony: What’s happening next? Good question

Post by Nama Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:00 am

Casey Anthony: What’s happening next? Good question

There were a range of reports about Casey Anthony today.

WFTV-Channel 9 reported that a status hearing in her murder trial had been delayed to Monday. That is the day her check-fraud trial is supposed to start.

WESH-Channel 2 reminded viewers that her check-fraud trial is supposed to start Monday.

Central Florida News 13 reported that the check-fraud trial won’t happen next week. The cable news station cited sources who said depositions haven’t been taken; those sources also a said hearing in the Anthony murder case, scheduled for this week, won’t happen either.

The Sentinel reported that the check-fraud case is likely to be delayed because motions haven’t been addressed by the court, but that Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland hasn’t officially delayed the trial. Yet prosecutors and Anthony’s defense team will appear at a pre-trial hearing Thursday to address some issues in the case, the Sentinel added.

We should learn more tomorrow. The court and the State Attorney’s Office are closed today for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:11 am

I checked most of the Orlando sites, there isnt any new information. What I cannot understand is after all these months, how is it Baez has never taken the trouble to depose Amy? Its just a sign of their contempt for the fraud case that they havent. They seem to think that they can do whatever they want and Strickland so far seems to me very weak. Im reminded of Judge Ito in the OJ trial. He was a complete disaster.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 pm

I think Strickland is poles apart better than Ito. I just hope he stays that way!!!!

But I agree with you, none of this makes any sense. Why isn't Strickland laying down the law? Or why isn't the State having their say?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:49 pm

I thought Ito would be good at the beginning of the trial when it frist started. As time went on and more and more was printed in the media, I felt he went "Hollywood" on us. Johnny Cochran to his credit,
did his job, but he used to run right over everyone in the court with his outrageous antics and Ito never slapped him down.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 pm

It's official – the fraud case against Casey Anthony will not start on Monday but a status hearing is scheduled.

Court officials announced the change this morning.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland will address two motions at the 1:30 p.m. hearing. It's unclear yet which motions he will hear.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:15 pm

Check Fraud Trial Postponed In Casey Case

Posted: 12:27 pm EST January 19, 2010Updated: 12:41 pm EST January 19, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The check fraud trial for Casey Anthony is officially not happening Monday as scheduled. The defense had asked for a change of venue for the check fraud trial and it's likely that issue will be heard Monday during a status hearing scheduled for 1:30pm.

However, in this case, the judge has already ruled that alleged victim Amy Huizenga has a right to get justice before Casey's murder case.

According to the Court, it is also likely that at least two motions in the murder case will be heard on January 25. A status hearing on the murder trial is also scheduled to be heard.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:16 pm

I would think she would have to attend - especially if there is a status hearing on the murder trial.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down