Dr Lillian Glass analysis of Casey's body language in court on Monday

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Dr Lillian Glass analysis of Casey's body language in court on Monday

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:39 am

CASEY’S ENTRANCE
Casey Anthony entered the courtroom with a nauseating smirk. The smirk and smile did not leave this sociopath’s face as she looked “excited” to have all the attention focus on her. She was wide-eyed and consistently maintained her smile, as she finally said to Andrea Lyons “I’m excited.”
Even though the sound wasn’t up for anyone to hear, my Utley lip-reading skills that I learned about as an undergraduate speech pathology major, back in the day, stood me well.
I was able to read Casey’s lips as she mouthed those words, as she smiled all the while. At first, I didn’t believe that I actually read those words on her lips, so I rewound the video. Low and behold, my eyes were not playing tricks on me after all. She definitely spoke those words. I was even more nauseated and disgusted by Casey Anthony then ever before.

EXCITED ???????EXCITED ABOUT WHAT???

Was Casey EXCITED by the fact :

that she stole money from her best friend and ran up her bills and was now on trial for doing that ?
that she is now a full fledged felon????
that she is the center of attention?
that she had some lines to memorize, courtesy of “screenwriters” Andrea Lyon and Jose Baez and didn’t want to flub those well rehearsed lines during her verbal acting debut in court.
that she had her lines down pat and was excited to recite them in court???
All of the above ???
VOCAL “TELL”S OF DECEPTION
When anyone is not being forthright or sincere, you can hear it in their voice.
One of the main “tells” is that pitch of their voice raised, It goes up an octave or two like you just heard in this video when Casey spoke.
Her high-pitched voice was a far “cry” (we’ll get to the crying bit in a moment)) from the lower tones we all heard while she was sending officers on that infamous wild goose chase and when she was telling them about the fictious” Zanny the Nanny.”
Next, when someone is not being sincere or forthright, you hear the voice closing off and cracking. It is the vocal muscles way of shutting itself off from the obvious lie.
THE BODY’S GIVEAWAY COMPLETE WITH UNCONTROLLED HEAD JERK AND GULP

In Casey’s case, you even see this visually. As she speaks a few words, out of the blue, her head jerks itself back.

In essence it is her body’s visceral reaction to her lies and rehearsed lines and insincerity. You even see her gulp. Her vocal muscles are betraying her and staring to close off as she recites her ”bullshit” (sorry, if I offended anyone by saying “bullshit” but that is the only word that best describes what was going on here.)
When she says “I take full and complete responsibility” with her raised eyebrows it is a clear signal of deception and a clear indication that she is saying something she does not believe at all.

When Casey says “I’d like to sincerely apologize to Amy , and wipes away a non tear on her cheek you can see right then and there it is a fake apology. There was no tear so why was she flicking away a tear before one emerge?

It was because of what came next. Her following rehearsed line was “I wish I would have been a better friend.” Puhleeeeeeez. Then we see more fake non tears and the book hooing it. The cracking of the voice when she says this shows how the body is closing off as it doesn’t want to speak those lying words.

Casey was only a friend to Casey. Casey only thought about Casey. The only friend Casey could have is a friend she could use, manipulate and of whom she could take complete advantage.

One more thing, you see a lot of upper chest breathing in this non apology Casey made This is the body working overtime and trying to oxygenate itself. She is” excited” at having to perform and this is her body’s way of trying to maintain a homeostatic balance in the body. It is also an indication that she was clearly not being sincere in what she was saying.
INSINCERE TONE AND FACIAL TELLS

There was no sincerity to her apology as indicated by her voice tone. It sounded like she was asking a question with her upward inflection. Her raised eyebrows indicated that it was new information that her body was processing.
It was foreign to her system and as a result her body language reacted in a questioning manner, complete with raised eyebrows and upward inflection. Her body and her system was not used to this foreign experience of apologizing or taking responsibility for anything. This was no doubt the first time she ever did anything like that and it clearly showed in her body language.

JOSE BAEZ LOOKS ON LIKE A PROUD PAPPA AS HE MAKES SURE SHE DOESN’T FLUB HER LINES
As Casey was reciting her lines of bullshit, Jose Baez’s eyes did not leave Casey’s face. He looked like a proud papa at a grade school play, making sure that his kid didn’t flub her lines. Casey may have memorized her lines and not flubbed them verbally, but she sure flubbed them vocally and body language wise.

LIP PURSING AT THE END OF HER BS REHEARSED SPEECH

Whenever you see someone purse their lips after they tell you something, they are usually lying. It’s the body’s way of closing off. That is what Casey did. She pursed her lips after her rehearsed lines.

CASEY’S “ SIX STEP BOO HOO RITIUAL” COMPLETE WITH NON TEARS, NON MUCOUS, FAKE AUDIBLE SNIFFLES, AND HAIR TOUCHING

If listening to Casey’s fake apology wasn’t bad enough, it was even worse having to endure looking at her obsessive ritualistic behavior in the courtroom with regard to her boo hooing it. Here is what she does:

1 She wipes away non tears either with her finger or with a kleenex

2. There is no facial distress often associated with tears.

3. Then she looks at her finger or her kleenex for non- liquid that comes out of her non- tears.

4. Then she sniffles audibly so that everyone can hear her.

5. Then she dabs the non- mucous and non- liquid from her nose where she makes her fake sniffle noises

6. Then she touches her hair, pats it or flips it.

She repeats this ritual ad nauseum.

JOSE IS SOOOO OVER CASEY’S FAKE TEARS HE IGNORES HER, BUT ANDREA PLAYS MAMMA HEN

As soon as Casey sat down after her rehearsed bullshit apology, Andrea Lyons acted like the mother hen as she put her arm around Casey. Casey ignored Andrea’s nurturing and maternal attempts as Casey began her Six Step Boo Hoo Ritual complete with non tear wiping and tissue examining.

My Utley Lip Reading Skills were used once again as Andrea mouths the words to Casey asking her is she was OK? Casey ignores Andrea and continues her ritual, Andrea asks her again and Casey is way too busy with her ritual to answer. She finally nods her head as if to indicate she is OK after her rehearsed “apology” debut.

Casey’s non- answer speaks volumes. It shows how very much into herself she is and how self- absorbed she is.

Meanwhile Jose could care less. He’s seen it all before. He’s heard it all before. He’s hip to the fake tears and fake sniffles. He doesn’t even look at her.
At first he used to be very attentive to Casey—maybe too attentive! Now he would never think of comforting her let alone touching her. That’s the last think he needs to deal with in regard to this Casey Case.

There was a point where Jose has his hand on his forehead as if to nonverbally say” how did I get myself into this mess representing this sociopath next to me with her fake tears. I wish she’d stop already. I told her to show some emotion but this is ridiculous already!”

Then Jose’s hand leaves his forehead and his hands now appear on his desk in a lawyerly stance. He back to the reality of defending this miscreant and probably thinking “ What the heck, it’s been good PR for my career. I’ve got to do everything possible to defend her because everyone in the world is watching me”

CASEY’S ICE FACE

Halfway through the tape around 13.00 you see the real Casey Anthony up close and personal. You see what I call her ICE FACE. There is no reaction. It is scary to look at. It is devoid of emotion. It is for lack of a better word”creepy.” Her ice face reflects what is really going on inside of her- nothing!
There is no reaction except for some grooming behaviors where she pats her hair or straightens her collar.These grooming behaviors reflect her narcissism and wanting to look good to others- something sociopaths often do.
CINDY ANYTHONY’S TEAR WIPING AND LOOKING AT HER OWN HANKIE

The apple does not fall from the tree. Cindy Anthony does the same thing Casey does, except her tears are probably a bit more real than Casey’s. They may be tears of guilt for letting her sociopathic daughter run her all these years and stear from her and her own mother (Casey’s grandmother) not putting a stop to Casey’s aberrant behaviors.
They may be tears of reality that her daughter is now a convicted felon and that this little court date will be a piece of cake compared with what is in store in the murder trial.
The bottom line is that no matter what kind of tears Cindy had, she too examined them just like Casey does.
GEORGE DOESN’T RESPOND TO CINDY’S I LOVE YOU” IN THE COURTROOM
George looked like a miserable mess with puffy eyes so you know his tears were for real.
My Ultey Lipreading Skills came into use once again as Cindy as she mouthed the words to her husband George- “I love you.” He didn’t respond. He didn’t say I love you too or I love you back, He said nothing and looked ahead.

OSE BAEZ’ BODY LANGUAGE LEAKED THAT HE DIDN’T BELIEVE CASEY WAS TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER ACTIONS
Watching and hearing Casey speak and watching her fake boo hoos in the courtroom and her ritualistic behavior were both sickening and maddening.

It was maddening to see the obvious manipulation by the attorneys in making her apologize to Amy for not being a better friend. Puhleeze!
What was even more maddening was when Jose Baez (whom I must admit does look rather dapper and handsome and does try to maintain his professional composure through his well spoken sonorous voice) spoke to reporters outside the courtroom. He continued his manipulation as the cameras were pointed at him. But no matter how clever or convincing he thought he was being, he clearly leaked out his true thoughts and feelings the end.
As his final words said that Casey’s apology showed that she was taking responsibility for her actions, his head shook ‘NO” when it should have been nodding “YES ” in the affirmative. So Jose’s body language betrayed him. It revealed that he knows very well that sociopaths NEVER take responsibility for their actions.
He knows very well that he put those words of apology in her mouth for her to regurgitate.

While Casey may have regurgitated his words, no matter how many times she rehearsed them, her body language and voice spoke the truth! Her apology was insincere and contrived!
source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Dr Lillian Glass analysis of Casey's body language in court on Monday

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Casey apologizes to Amy at 2:48 on the video.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Dr Lillian Glass analysis of Casey's body language in court on Monday

Post by cherylz on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Wow! I enjoy reading Lillian Glass's analysis! She is right on the button! I noticed that KC's voice sounded different than it did in the jail hse videos. Yep, it was high-pitched! Didn't know what it meant...but according to the expert...deception. And the smirks, primping...all the theatrics...LG hit it on the head. And when Lyon's comforted KC, all I could think of was "mother hen".
They are all so pitiful. She didn't comment on JB's comment...about the judge setting a reasonable bond...then he breaks out laughing. SO inappropriate for him to say that. angry
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:10 pm

You know what else was interesting? When Baez
made his little speech - he never said that Casey took that money to help her find Caylee! That I think was a HUGE point -because in her interviews, Casey said I would do "anything to find Caylee - lie, steal" and there was an implication there that she stole money from Amy to help her search for Caylee - NOT!
Baez never went there. In his interview with JVM afterwards he only said
that Casey "made a mistake". No one word about the theft of the money was
for looking for Caylee. Strategy for the defense has changed - but if they think
a better one is blaming Kronk - they had better think again!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Yea, when confronted on JVM with all of her stolen $$ purchases...he again smirked and said "she bought a bra".
And, his point that she is an unpopular client...he thinks she is being discriminated against. She is an unpopular client b/c she is in jail as the only suspect in her not even 3 year old daughter's gruesome murder...Duh!
They make me so mad.
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Murderers ARE unpopular. She should have thought of that before she did the deed.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:35 pm

I agree with Lillian. Didn't know she could read lips. Have to watch Cindy. The only thing I noticed about George is he was making "monkey" faces as usual. I'll have to rewatch tape!!!

But the thing that Bozo Baez keeps doing and shooting himself in the foot as far as I'm concerned is going on and on and on about poor, poor pitiful Casey in public with her standing right there at which point she pouts like a petulant three year old and just about starts to cry (for real) because she is obviously feeling sorry for HERSELF because she is being persecuted and picked on (gag me!).

How stupid of him. Best possible scenario Casey was negligently responsible for a beautiful, precious three year old's death and he starts in with that b.s. which inevitably causes Casey to demonstrate one of her self-centered pity parties for the whole world to see.

And it just infuriates onlookers to watch a woman who (best possible scenario) didn't give two figs about her daughter's kidnapping nearly breaking out in real tears because she is feeling sorry for HERSELF....again.

At least it infuriates me and makes me sick to watch it.

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Someone said Baez or Lyons was on the today show
saying the media regarding cases like this needs to change - I couldnt find it, but I bet BJ can, if you do
can you post a link please? Thanks!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:42 pm

It's not on YouTube yet. I'll keep checking.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:46 pm

An attorney for accused child killer Casey Anthony said on the Today Show this morning that the media needs to "take a different look at itself."

The recorded comments from Andrea Lyon comes one day after Anthony, accused of killing daughter Caylee Marie Anthony, made headlines after being found guilty on six charges related to a check-fraud case.

The piece on the Today Show noted Monday's verdict and included information about the Anthony-inspired play in Australia called "Tot Mom."

When a reporter asked Lyon about the play's significance and coverage of the Anthony case, she said:

"It tells me that the media process needs to take a different look at itself. You know, it's one thing to cover a trial and cover a case. It's another thing to create one."

Lyon has been critical of the media in the past.

Anthony, 23, is being held without bond at the Orange County Jail on a charge of first-degree murder, accused of killing her daughter in 2008.

She pleaded not guilty in the murder case.

On Monday, she pleaded guilty to 13 charges in a check-fraud case.

Orange County Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland found Anthony guilty on six of the charges: one count of grand theft, four counts of check forgery, and fraudulent use of personal identification.

Strickland withheld adjudication for the remaining seven counts.

He sentenced Anthony to time served — 412 days she's already been jailed — and one year of probation. He also ordered her to pay the court and investigative costs associated with the check-fraud case.

Anthony was charged with stealing hundreds of dollars from a friend, Amy Huizenga, in July 2008.

Anthony is accused of using Huizenga's checks to buy more than $400 worth of clothes and groceries at area Target and Winn-Dixie stores.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:50 pm

I think Lyons ought to take a different look at herself
and have that hair trimmed! (I know Im bad)
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:21 pm

BJ in OR wrote:

OMY, this is so funny! Did anyone else notice right after Jose bozo baez says, We could solve this issue with a reasonable bond.. a voice in the background says very clearly, "He's an idiot!" .....right between 0:55-0:57 on this tape.

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 pm

I heard that, Wildflower! I didn't until you pointed it out, but it is very clear! I wonder who it was...how FUNNY!! ROFLMAO
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:33 pm

It was me! hahaha I always say that about him.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:33 pm

Maybe it was the judge! I cant stop laughing!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 pm

Ha! "He's an idiot". Maybe A. Lyons said it!!! :trampoline:
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:59 pm

THATS even funnier!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Wildflower wrote:
BJ in OR wrote:

OMY, this is so funny! Did anyone else notice right after Jose bozo baez says, We could solve this issue with a reasonable bond.. a voice in the background says very clearly, "He's an idiot!" .....right between 0:55-0:57 on this tape.

Yep I caught that. :lol!:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 pm

I didn't hear whoever said that because I was yelling the same thing. OMG, that is hysterical!!!!!

Dr. Glass again is right on the money. Her articles are very, very interesting. Thanks Linda Marie for posting it.

Here is the transcript of Baez on JVM. I missed that last night. Damnit. Anyway, here it is. There is more conversation between the lawyers after Bozo stops talking which you can read if you click on the link.

Return to Transcripts main page

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Casey Anthony Pleads Guilty to Check Fraud

Aired January 25, 2010 - 19:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST (voice-over): Tonight, Casey Anthony speaks to the court, sobbing uncontrollably as she pleads guilty to check fraud. Casey is accused of killing her beautiful daughter Caylee. So can she now be called a convicted criminal during her murder trial? Meanwhile, the state drops a bombshell, warning it could be years before the murder trial even starts.

And is Misty Croslin keeping toxic secrets? The grandmother of missing Haleigh Cummings is pointing the finger at Ronald`s ex-wife. Misty was the last person to see little Haleigh alive. Now she`s sitting in jail on a slew of drug charges. Is there something Misty`s not telling cops, and will her new arrest give police the leverage they need?

Plus, is the cloud of mystery finally lifted? What really happened the night Tiger Woods wrecked his SUV? Stunning new published reports claim to have information from inside the house. Did Elin really send text messages to Rachel Uchitel, posing as Tiger? We`ll have all the juicy details.

ISSUES starts now.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, accused child murderer Casey Anthony sobs as she speaks out in court. Casey pleaded guilty to check fraud charges and now has six felony convictions on her record. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Tell me your name, please.

CASEY ANTHONY, ACCUSED OF MURDERING DAUGHTER: Casey Marie Anthony.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All right. I have in front of me a plea form, and it appears to have your signature on the back of it. Is this your signature?

CASEY ANTHONY: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All right. So you`ve signed this, correct?

CASEY ANTHONY: Yes.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Casey was charged with 13 counts. She admitted to swiping her friend Amy Huizenga`s checkbook and forging her signature, stealing more than 600 bucks.

Casey was caught on camera using the money on a shopping spree at Target, reportedly buying clothing, a case of Bud Light, sunglasses, even lingerie, all this while her precious daughter Caylee was missing.

Casey spoke out in court and tearfully apologized. Listen to Casey from earlier today.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CASEY ANTHONY: I just wanted to let everyone know that I`m sorry for what I did. I take complete and full responsibility for my actions, and I`d like to sincerely apologize to Amy. I wish I would have been a better friend.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now the judge sentenced Casey to 412 days, time served, in jail, and probation if she`s ever released.

So how are these brand-new developments going to affect Casey`s murder trial? Could it determine whether or not she takes the stand? If Casey decides to testify at her murder trial, prosecutors can now say she is a convicted felon. If she doesn`t testify, under Florida law, it cannot be brought up.

Also, when will this murder trial actually take place? Could it be five years? That`s what prosecutors warned today. We`ve got all the details and I want to hear from you. Give me a call: 1-877-JVM-SAYS. That`s 1-877-586-7297.

Straight out to my fantastic expert panel. We have former prosecutor Mark Eiglarsh. Also with us, criminal defense attorney Jayne Weintraub. We`re delighted to have Judge Larry Seidlin, who presided over the Anna Nicole Smith case and who has a book out about the star`s tragic death, "The Murder of Anna Nicole Smith," as well as clinical psychologist Dr. Dale Archer.

But we begin with a very special guest tonight, Casey Anthony`s defense attorney, Jose Baez.

Jose, thank you so much for joining us.

JOSE BAEZ, CASEY`S LAWYER: Thank you, Jane.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: How did you and your client arrive at the decision to plead guilty in the check fraud case?

BAEZ: Well, she always wanted to plead to this case. It was always a concern of hers. She was always very sorry for what she did to Amy. In fact, if you look back at one of her visitations with her mother, one of the very first things she said to her mother was, "Tell Amy I`m sorry." And this is something that she`s always been very ashamed of and asked us to resolve, and fortunately, we were able to do that today.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Everybody`s wondering how this will impact her murder trial. I think the most damaging thing about it is that there`s actually videotape of Casey buying a case of Bud Light, as well as lingerie, bras, sunglasses, and this is during the timeframe, according to prosecutors, that her little daughter is missing. How do you explain that?

BAEZ: Well, she bought a bra at Target, and it`s being reported as lingerie. I understand that.

You know, it was a mistake she made, and today she lived up to it and apologized for it. And she`s always been very sorry and lost a friend as a result of this, and hoping in some way, shape or form that her friend will forgive her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You argue that Casey is being discriminated against, saying that she`s unpopular. So I want to play you, from today`s hearing earlier today. Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

BAEZ: Miss Anthony has had to endure somewhat of a situation of discrimination, because she is an unpopular individual.

Five years is -- in our position, is extremely absurd. I could theoretically point a gun to someone`s head, threaten to kill them, commit an overt act in furtherance of that threat, and still get less time in prison than what has been offered in this case.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. That was you in court earlier today. Jose, are you happy with today`s outcome, time served, plus a year probation if Casey gets out of jail? And if so, how can you then say she`s discriminated against, if the judge issued a fair ruling?

BAEZ: Well, my argument was in reference to the state attorney`s method of charging her. I don`t know of any case, and we did the research, of any case, where a person passed four bad checks and was charged with 13 felony counts.

In addition to that, the plea offer was five years. I just can`t fathom the state attorney`s office offering someone with no prior criminal history, for an economic crime of $654, a five-year plea offer.

And that`s the discrimination that I was referring to: the pressure that the state attorney`s office is under to treat Casey Anthony like public enemy No. 1, and I`m in total disagreement of that. Total disagreement of that. And anyone who can stand up there and argue this is just a normal course of business is really being intellectually dishonest.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let me get back to the unpopularity that you referred to. And if you ask most people who`ve been following this case, the unpopularity stems from Casey`s behavior after her little girl went missing, that she didn`t call police for a month -- in fact, when police were called it was her mother who called -- and that she was seen partying in that time frame. She was seen buying Bud Light, and she also got a tattoo that said "the beautiful life."

What`s your explanation of that behavior? And do you understand why it creates some unpopularity?

BAEZ: Well, I understand people`s concerns about the facts that are reported. I understand that completely. But Casey Anthony is presumed innocent until or unless proven guilty in a court of law. That has not happened, and she`s entitled to the presumption of innocence just like anyone else.

And if we`re going to be dealing with another case, she should be treated completely exactly and totally like every single other person. And that was -- that is where the unpopularity aspect stand -- comes from.

When they -- if you remember, when they arrested her, they sent an armada of ten police cars to go pick her up for passing bad checks and made a huge spectacle of this in front of the cameras. And now they want to charge her over $5,517 of costs of investigations for an economics crime of $654. I think that`s...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let me say this. Obviously -- yes, go ahead.

BAEZ: No, I think that speaks for itself. Those numbers speak for itself. She wasn`t treated like anyone else since the moment she was arrested. And that`s all we were asking for. That`s all we can advocate for, and that`s all that anyone should expect, because today it`s Casey Anthony. Tomorrow it could be someone else for other motives or reasons.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now I think you`d agree there`s no love lost between your team and the prosecution team. In fact, some fireworks really erupted in court today. We`re going to show them to you right now. Take a look.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

BAEZ: We called this motion the pot calling the kettle black...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Let`s not go there. Let`s not go there. You know.

BAEZ: I understand that, but what I`m trying to get to the point.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`ll get into this, and both sides have more to do.

BAEZ: I totally agree.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: OK.

BAEZ: What the problem is, how many times have we filed motions to compel in this case?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You`re doing it anyway. OK? There`s a problem. It`s a tough case. Both sides are a little hot under the collar at times.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It seems to be getting ugly in court, and we`re a long way from the trial itself. And the prosecution is saying, if things keep going at this pace, it could be years before the trial, the murder trial of your client, Casey Anthony, occurs.

And they took shots at you, saying that you`ve taken your sweet time questioning witnesses and have still not turned over a list of witnesses that you plan to call. Give me your side of the story there.

BAEZ: Well, anyone who`s followed this case closely can see that we`re doing as thorough a job as we possibly can. We`re on the attack 24/7.

As far as it being -- it`s an adversary process. I don`t -- we don`t hold anything personal against the prosecutors. But we`re not going to let them run over our client, especially -- we believe in our client`s innocence, and we want to defend her life, and that`s exactly what we`re doing. And sometimes it`s just not going to go over nicely.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: One quick question, because I only have a couple seconds, but there are some who feel this could be a precursor for a plea bargain in the murder case. Are you going to plea bargain the murder case?

BAEZ: Absolutely not. Casey Anthony is not guilty. She`s pled not guilty, and this is going to trial.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Jose Baez, thank you so much for coming on this show, ISSUES, and I hope you come back soon.

BAEZ: Thank you, Jane. Take care.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Everybody, stay right where you are. We`re going to have more on Casey Anthony`s tear-filled court appearance, and we`re taking your calls on all this: 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1-877-586-7297.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:13 am

Gotta love Dr Glass, she is spot on!!!
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 am

If the court costs are determined to be the $5000.00 plus amount -any monies placed in Casey's jail house
account for treats will be automatically taken out!
No more treats! That means either her defense or George and Cindy will have to shell out the court costs or she will not have any money available to her until this amount is paid back to the court.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 am

Maybe she will lose weight.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum