Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole

Post by NiteSpinR on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has released the results of its autopsy of a 10-month-old girl who died in Wake County in November.

The report says Cheyenne Emery Yarley died from abusive head trauma. The infant was also sexually assaulted.

The girl's stepfather - 26-year-old Joshua Stepp - is charged with first-degree murder and first-degree sexual assault in her death.

He called 911 from an apartment off Jones Franklin Road November 15 and told the operator the girl had swallowed toilet paper and wasn't breathing.

"I'm trying to, like, resuscitate her, and, uh, her heart is beating but she's not breathing," he said.

Paramedics tried to help the infant, but she was pronounced dead at WakeMed.

Stepp has been in jail without bond since his arrest.

Last edited by NiteSpinR on Fri May 17, 2013 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:26 am

Barf OMG 1st degree sexual assault on a 10 month old baby! That means he took the sexual assault all the way. I swear this world has gone mad. I would love to personally torture these sickos to death.

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole

Post by misshesitation on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:44 am

lindamarie wrote:Barf OMG 1st degree sexual assault on a 10 month old baby! That means he took the sexual assault all the way. I swear this world has gone mad. I would love to personally torture these sickos to death.
crying I agree with you Lindamarie!There are to many sick people out there!I would like to see people like him pay with their lives!
misshesitation

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:50 am

Another case where the mother marries some man she evidently doesn't know that well. Where is the real father? Where was the mother when this happened?

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 am

Stepp told a dispatcher in a 911 call that the child choked on toilet paper. The dispatcher tried to keep him calm during the six-minute call and walked him through mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and CPR until paramedics arrived.
The autopsy report indicates that paramedics and emergency room personnel at WakeMed found injuries to the child's right ear, face, vagina and anus.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by misshesitation on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:47 pm

a fit crying Barf
misshesitation

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:41 am

I am so sad we must add another Treasured Angel to this growing list. I am thankful, that the state has charged this creep with FIRST DEGREE MURDER. About damn time murder charges are being filed in place of endangerment charges.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:39 am

RALEIGH, N.C. - Ms. Cheyenne Yarley, born December 21, 2008 in Ft. Bragg, NC, daughter of Brittany Yarley (formerly of Garnett, SC) and Robert Normandin died Sunday evening at Wake Med. Raleigh Campus in Raleigh, NC.
Surviving besides her parents are: Maternal grandparents Charles Henry Yarley, Jr. of Garnett, SC and Carol Dale Stepkoski of Raleigh, NC and Maternal Great grandparents Charles Henry Yarley, Sr. of Garnett, SC and Diane Stepkoski of Raleigh, NC. There is one half-sister Eva Normandin and one step sister Mariah Gene.
Funeral services were held on Saturday November 14, 2009 at 1 P.M. in the Clyo Methodist Church with burial will in the Mims Family Cemetery near Garnett.
Peeples-Rhoden Funeral Home of Hampton was in charge of the arrangements.
http://www.hamptoncountyguardian.com/obituaries/cheyenne-yarley-0

Back to top Go down

Normal Another mother in denial

Post by Nama on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:06 am

Brittanywww.myspace.com/453795929
feeling a little better yaya
Posted 1 hour ago
Brittany Yarley
22 / Female
HOLLY SPRINGS, North Carolina, US
Last Login: 1/30/2010

Status and Mood
Brittany Yarley feeling a little better yaya
Posted 1 hour ago
Mood: annoyed
Who I'd like to meet: not alot of people because the more you meet the more you discover that they aint worth it

About me:
Well recently i lost my daughter, which has been the hardest thing i have ever done. in one night you cant believe that the things that you love can be tacken away from you in a second, they can i thought that iraq things there where bad and they were, oh my god they were but this cant top it , im stuck here in NC living with my brother stuck waiting for the murder trial to finish, which disgused me me my family should have never even been thrown into this. anyways i work as a police officer go figure down at fort. bragg and im tryinng to find a job closer to raliegh because the drive is killing me i have been very very sick with some sort of auto ammuine problem, im also still in the army i love my unit they are my brothers and family and with out them i would be crazy, i am a sgt , ast. Squad leader, with the 5355h out of Apex NC, i miss my friends i fill like i have nothing left i fill like i do nothing but work , and sleep now i have no friends , defently any that try to keep in tough but whatever i guess you dont need them ,, there are some but not many anyway. enough for now

December 23, 2009 - Wednesday
Missing her
My beautiful lil angel has left me here, alone. No parent should have to bury the own child, i cant believe shes gone i miss her so much words cant even describe the pain that im going thru , atleast now she wont ever feel the pain of this world , no more boys or heartache, sickness or anything else ppl thru at her. im lonely without her she was everything to me i can still remember her giggle and how she was just starting to try to walk and clung to me so tightly with her pink blanket dragging along everywhere she went. without her smile and baby blues i am empty , nothing , i love you cheyenne and im so sorry i wasnt there for you when you needed me , in another world i will see u again i know your in heaven now and your an angel wacthing over us , just know that your mommy loves you very much . and how much i miss you. i love you

January 21, 2010 - Thursday
My life upside down
today court became another continuce, for my step daughter my poor girl, has been threw into a system that we cant fight, how can we i even contacted the sentor, like that is going to help my husband nor i can even talk to her, shes alone lost in the system, i feel horrible. she didnt do anything to deserve this at all. never did my husband im tired of hearing from ppl. that pretend to understand or voice there opion of how he did this unthinkable act , shut the f**k up , seriously you dont know him or my family he was a great father to both of our kids unfortantly god wanted her, it was her time to go, its the only way i can cope with missing her i feel helpless, lonely and scared like none of this is going to end i just want to hold her one more time tell her i love her , hear her little laugh but its not going to happen. for either of my kids , god damn it what do you do? go on with life and pretend it doesnt hurt, i guess ..it doesnt get better.

January 9, 2010 - Saturday
Drown those tears!
three days off and off comes the top to the fav. lovely jack daniels. oh yes as you can tell ive already found him and my friend cpt. morgan too. how lovly..worked sucked it was f'ing cold ass hell but god damnit its nice to feel something for a change,,life is still sucking no changes for me to rise to the top and get over the death of my daughter she was everything to me.. i think i have finally understood life now. .karma's a bitch or if you are religious god is smaking me around alitte say hey bitch your f'ing up. idk i thought i was doing a damn good job there cleaned up my act . got a home a family . good paying job boy was i wrong . then ppl tell me hey you should be over this by now mofo's you try loosing the best thing that ever happened to you someone that depended on you ever second, called you mom. new that if she had a problem mommy would be there.. exce[t o wasmt there that night,, go figure..and were are my true friends to pick me up out of this , the ones i stuck by thru the years to pick the up and when i need them .......im still looking,...f**k it ..i dont care.. nothing is going to work nothing is going to bring cheyenne back to me im sorry baby , im so so sorry for failing you , i all i wanted is for you to grew up an be happy , go to school , just grow...and know that i will be there for you. Forever and always i love you , baby i love you so so so much wacth over me baby .. dont let mommy slip ok. i love you cheyenne, ill see you soon baby .

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal 911 call from Joshua Stepp

Post by Nama on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:30 am

I bet he was trying to wipe the "evidence" out of her mouth with toilet paper.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Man charged in infant murder
Monday, November 16, 2009

A Wake County man is charged with the murder and sexual assault of a 10-month-old girl.

Tuesday authorities released the 911 call that recorded the frantic minutes after police say an infant was sexually assaulted by her stepfather.

Investigators say they got a call about an unresponsive infant just before 9 p.m. Sunday. The child was taken to WakeMed where she was pronounced dead.

The caller, 26-year-old Joshua Stepp, was the stepfather of the 10-month-old little girl.

Stepp is now charged with the assault and murder.

The charges are much different than the frantic, but seemingly innocent 911 call. The call came in late Sunday night from a Raleigh apartment.

"My baby, it just swallowed a toil.., uh, uh, uh, a thing of toilet paper and she's not breathing," Stepp told a 911 operator. "I'm trying to, like, resuscitate her, and, uh, her heart is beating but she's not breathing."

But investigators don't believe the child swallowed toilet paper, they say they believe Stepp raped the child and, in the process, killed her.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God & come on, Cheyenne, come on," said Stepp during the 911 call.

Inside the apartment off Jones Franklin Road, Stepp apparently performed CPR on the infant guided by the 911 dispatcher right up until paramedics arrived.

"Oh my God, oh my God &I gotta call my wife," said Stepp during the 911 call.

Stepp's wife, the mother of the child, was not in court Tuesday, but a woman who identified herself only as a babysitter named Nicki was.

"I took care of her often and I loved her," she said. "She was an awesome child. And now she's gone."

As he left the courtroom Tuesday, Stepp glanced at his father and shook his head.

The charges against him left his father with nothing to say.

"It's not appropriate to make any comment, okay, please stop," James Stepp said.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:56 pm

BJ in OR wrote:Stepp told a dispatcher in a 911 call that the child choked on toilet paper. The dispatcher tried to keep him calm during the six-minute call and walked him through mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and CPR until paramedics arrived.
The autopsy report indicates that paramedics and emergency room personnel at WakeMed found injuries to the child's right ear, face, vagina and anus.

Barf crying crying crying
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:49 pm

Stepp, 26, one of eight children, grew up in Washington, N.C., according to his sister Mel Allen, 18, of Raleigh. In addition to raising Cheyenne, Allen said, her brother has custody of his 4-year-old daughter.

Stepp's MySpace page indicates that he served in the Army from 2003 through 2007. Allen said Stepp is now an Army reservist who was deployed to Iraq nearly two years ago. His MySpace page also says he works as a sales associate at a local building supply retailer.

Allen said her brother normally watched the children at night, while his wife worked an overnight shift as a security guard. Allen said Stepp's wife was at work Sunday night when police and paramedics found Cheyenne unconscious about 9 p.m. at the 1223 Silver Sage Drive apartment.

Allen said she wishes people would not jump to conclusions about her brother.

"He loves his kids. That's his only hobby. He always took care of the family," Allen said. "I honestly don't know how the baby got into the toilet paper. That's what my family is trying to figure out."

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal 'Abusive head trauma' killed baby in November

Post by Nama on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:24 pm

A 10-month-old girl whose death in November led to first-degree murder charges against her stepfather died from "abusive head trauma," according to a state medical examiner's autopsy report.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal I am just sicken by this!!!!

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:53 pm

lindamarie wrote:Barf OMG 1st degree sexual assault on a 10 month old baby! That means he took the sexual assault all the way. I swear this world has gone mad. I would love to personally torture these sickos to death.

I would love to be the judge and jury for this guy....

Back to top Go down

Normal Mom needs to wake up !!!!

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:02 pm

NiteSpinR wrote:http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7241827
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I don't understand what the hell is wrong with these people... We as mother's are to protect our children and this women bring these horrible men right to there children... Maybe take some time and not jump on the first man that comes along and protect your CHILDREN !!!!! These mother's make me SICK !!!!!

WAKE COUNTY (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has released the results of its autopsy of a 10-month-old girl who died in Wake County in November.

The report says Cheyenne Emery Yarley died from abusive head trauma. The infant was also sexually assaulted.

The girl's stepfather - 26-year-old Joshua Stepp - is charged with first-degree murder and first-degree sexual assault in her death.

He called 911 from an apartment off Jones Franklin Road November 15 and told the operator the girl had swallowed toilet paper and wasn't breathing.

"I'm trying to, like, resuscitate her, and, uh, her heart is beating but she's not breathing," he said.

Paramedics tried to help the infant, but she was pronounced dead at WakeMed.

Stepp has been in jail without bond since his arrest.
frying pan

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:09 pm

I want to know where all the rage is coming from.
What he did to this child is about power and rage
why? What is happening here? This is so disturbing
the anger, to do this to a little baby - he needs to be in a place where he never sees the light of day again.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by misshesitation on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:10 pm

artgal16 wrote:I want to know where all the rage is coming from.
What he did to this child is about power and rage
why? What is happening here? This is so disturbing
the anger, to do this to a little baby - he needs to be in a place where he never sees the light of day again.
Because he is a sick and twisted Piece of crap!You are so right about him never seeing the light of day!
misshesitation

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:13 pm

Brittanywww.myspace.com/453795929 - just plain tired
well lets start off with the basic of today, i worked my last day with a job i hated and still couldnt pay the bills with so i dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. then i thought it would be a good day that i could rely on faith that things were going to get me thru . till something new opened then .. the phone rang i got the autopsy results, and let me tell ya it makes since but it could go either way. im so afraid of what is coming . everyone keeps telling me trust in god but im almost just to lost and tired of bad shit to care anymore i feel like i would rather be back in bacuquba. then theres this whole thing with my husbands ex-pshyo bitch wife , like if i havnt been thru enough i get to deal with that , i literly feel numb but sick to my stomach even thou i know theres nothing to worry about atleast on that end aint that dumb it just adds tons of shit. i hate life right now i dont think i can discribe that enough i hate life. i miss my daughter , so f'ing much i just cant do it without her she was everything to me .

does she not know what her "husband" did to her lil baby?? Barf
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:48 pm

What about the autopsy report is she referring to?
I didnt understand what she meant it could go either way. The sick thing is she will get pregnant again
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:53 pm

by artgal16 Today at 4:48 pm What about the autopsy report is she referring to?
I didnt understand what she meant it could go either way.
My uneducated guess is that the outcome of the trial could go either way.....based on the autopsy results.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:58 pm

OK that makes sense. Hmm lets see a defenseless
child, bashed in head (sorry to be so graphic)
with body fluids present - I dont think it could go either way. I think his path is straight to jail and hopefully for life no parole and then after that a path straight to hell.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:04 pm

I wonder if the mom woman realizes that when she posts a new thought on her MySpace page that it ends up on VH. Yup, MySpace is the perfect place to pour your heart out.......ya think?

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:18 pm

BJ in OR wrote:I wonder if the mom woman realizes that when she posts a new thought on her MySpace page that it ends up on VH. Yup, MySpace is the perfect place to pour your heart out.......ya think?

:lol!:

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Post away... I am so glad these people do seek sympathy and spill their thoughts on the Internet. A whole lot less guessing about the kind of people they are.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Normal This breaks my heart in pieces

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:06 am

My daughter, only child, was born in early May 09, a few months after Cheyenne E. Yarley was born (21Dec08). My daughter is now almost 10 mo. old. I first learned about Cheyenne's death early this month and the story has crushed me. I stay strong for my girl and husband, but I feel deep sadness for Brittany and her baby girl, whose untimely and cruel death is a nightmare. I've seen a few of her blogs on her myspace pg, and please people do not say she's "Another Mother in Denial". We cannot judge her, we are not in her situation. If you are a mother yourself, than your compassion and sympathy needs to be. In my mind, J. Stepp is very evil. I know Brittany would probably not want to hear and know that; it's hard because she allowed this man into her and her baby's life, not knowing his sinister character. Evil people have disguises. I am disgusted by his actions. Brittany would probably tell me to F-Off, because she's not ready to realize this truth. But Truth shall set us Free. Dear Lord, hold Cheyenne in Your arms, Bless her always. I cry when I think of her. I can't believe Brittany's "friends" wonder why she's "not over it yet". Over what? The rape/murder of her baby daughter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:24 am

meyerwife welcome2 The reason the Mom is being judged so to speak is she is one that allowed that monster to be around her baby. There is to much of this kind of thing going on. Mothers owe it to their children to protect them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:55 pm

You know, lindamarie, I cannot wholly agree with you. I can sit here and observe many instances in the news (it's all over now and in the past) cases where babies and young children are murdered, molested and raped by their mothers' boyfriends, new husbands. These predators befriend these mothers and abuse and tragedy happen to the child(ren). Of course, this is not a theory, but it's a regular very sad observation. In some cases, horrifically the mother knows and condones such violence towards her own child by the male. I am just horrified. In this case with Cheyenne, we cannot assume Brittany knew what kind of monster J. Stepp is. Maybe she saw signs but didn't want to. We can always be sorry in retrospect, but how far does paranoia go? How far does denial cover action? Yes, absolutely we as mothers must protect our baby, but if I don't have some Faith in ppl other than myself, I will go CRAZY. I will be sick with suspicion any time my baby is not in my sight. In one night, Brittany was at her job working to pay bills for her family, and J. Stepp took not Cheyenne's innocence, but her life too. A baby for God's sake. But what mother will be at work wondering if the father (or step-father) is at home raping and killing her baby? Tell me that.

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:03 pm

Maybe if these mother's of young children weren't so desperate to have a man in their lives, this would be a non-issue. Novel approach!
Or, if you have to date...run a background check, go with your gut if something doesn't seem right.
Or, don't leave your child alone with your boyfriend. Children are helpless. We can see too many times the same pattern repeating itself. Young mom, little children, new man in her life...dead or abused child.
Break the cycle! affraid You can make decisions...your child cannot!
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:13 pm

I agree OMG, Cherylz, I completely second your post!

I swear If something happened between the man and I, I seriously don't think I could date a man with out running a back ground check or something.. even that, I would always have my mommydar on full force!
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Ok, yeah you're right. I am happily married and my husband is the best father to our daughter (baby almost 10 mo old). I know of many single mothers who stayed single to raise their only daughters in a man-free home; no new men coming in and out of their lives and homes -For THAT reason. I'd go as far to say that most sex offenders are NOT listed on the registries (state and federal). How does a single mom discover that a man she's dating or heaven forbid married to is a Sick SOB that would even THINK about raping a baby?

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:54 pm

I guess, always trust your instincts. I bet there are warning signs in some of the cases. Listen to your child, never disregard what they have to say. Look for signs of abuse. A big one in children are urinary tract infections. Sure, they can happen otherwise, but they can be a red flag, if repeated and w/out a known structural problem. Notice the child's behavior around the man. Is he/she afraid, clingy, promiscuous?
It's tough. I wouldn't want to be in that predicament.
Knowing what I know now (thanks to this site, and others like it) I would be "cautiously paranoid" if I were single, with kids.
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:55 pm

by meyerwife Today at 2:15 pm

Ok, yeah you're right. I am happily married and my husband is the best father to our daughter (baby almost 10 mo old). I know of many single mothers who stayed single to raise their only daughters in a man-free home; no new men coming in and out of their lives and homes -For THAT reason. I'd go as far to say that most sex offenders are NOT listed on the registries (state and federal). How does a single mom discover that a man she's dating or heaven forbid married to is a Sick SOB that would even THINK about raping a baby?

As sad and sick as it may be, sometimes especially an offender that has never been caught and marked in the system, it is hard for some mothers to see their BF's that way, especially of they are head over heels for the guy :/

I know my brothers Ex is living in compete denial when it comes to the man she is with. He controls her and has somehow managed to become the soul discipliner in their house hold. I am scared for my nieces, as he gives me the major creep factor and they have already had the girls taken once because their pediatrician found a bruise the perfect shape and size of a large hand. IT's a long story that I will not go into on this public thread, but my point is that the mother is putting her self first and her girls in danger! For that, I have NO respect for her, or any other mother like that.
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 pm

See Mommy...he gives you the major creep factor. Go with the gut feeling.
I know I get that feeling from my next door neighbor. He is late 40's, divorced, one college aged child that never visits him. He is letting his house go to disrepair. Cuts his grass in the dark. He NEVER has visitors. Shades are drawn. Total profile of a "serial killer" in my mind. Talk about major creep factor. Hate it when my husband has appointments at night and I'm alone w/ the kids. Have to remember to keep my car keys with panic alarm button by my bedside table at night. Suspect
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Interesting viewpoints. On the note of UTI's i can see that as an indicator, however lo and behold my 9 mo old girl has had 2 UTI's in the past 3 mo. and the pediatric urologist determined there was a minor abnormality with her L kidney collecting some fluid before draining slowly into the L ureter. She has not been sexually abused. UTI's in infants and children prior to potty training are common; they cannot go to the bathroom and wipe themselves effectively, and at times their feces does get packed up in a diaper. TMI, but yes, the Truth. Someone made a point about their creepy neighbor, and then there are child predators who are disguised as "nice family" guys, community members, what have you. In Cheyenne's case, if you read WRAL news posts, neighbors described J. Stepp as an aloof, asocial individual; he did not make eye contact or make an effort to be cordial in passing. Is that a sign? I wonder how J. Stepp was behind closed doors with his wife, baby step-daughter and his own biological 4-yr-old girl? I'm sure there must have been some sign(s) he was a monster?

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Yep, after one case of an UTI, Pediatricians will send children to an Urologist. See, Meyerwife, in your daughter's case there is a structural abnormality.
And, yes an aloof, anti-social person w/ poor eye contact would be on my radar list.
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:31 pm

cherylz, I'm going to be totally bald before my daughter's age 18. Stuff like this makes me feel on edge. I think optimistically, but I am realistic. Where does cautious bleed into paranoia? So do you think the Dr sent her to the urologist to rule out sexual abuse, or an abnormality issue? The term "sexual abuse" is NOT to be taken lightly as well all know, but they left that part out. Everyone was calm. I get nervous of course. I did not ask the Dr about that part. I don't want to start worrying about stuff b/c our daughter is always with at least one of us-Always. She will be going to daycare after her 1st birthday. I want to believe that in life "Thoughts are things" and if you think positively that comes to you. Life does throw curveballs too. It's crazy, I wish I could watch my daughter 100% of the time but I have to go to work; and I don't want to sit here worrying if she's being abused. Too, it might be possible J. Stepp violated Cheyenne that ONE time and than killed her--Rather than any other abuse taking place prior to that night.

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Oh Meyerwife, I know. I have 4 kids ages 2-17. It doesn't get any easier as they get older!
An astute Pediatrician will always send a child to a Pedi Urologist after the 1st UTI, b/c they are not a common occurance in childhood, but they do happen. Both a structural abnormality and sexual abuse are on their list of differential diagnosis. My now 17 y.o. had a UTI, I believe she was 4 years old, when it happened. She too had a problem with one of her ureters that caused a backflow of urine, hence a UTI. She outgrew it.
At least we are not naive to what goes on out there. Having your guard up is a good thing!
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:43 pm

cherylz, you are awesome. I love how you articulate (convey) your knowledge and thoughts. It's amazing how quickly our thoughts can spiral out of control due to fears, but overall it's good for parents to be cautious and educated in these matters, including how to talk with your child(ren) about what's out there and for them not to be afraid to come to you. It came back to me, the fact that the Dr wanted to have her checked out (at 8 mo old) for the UTI to rule out any abnormality, b/c if left untreated or un-diagnosed could mean trouble for a baby's developing kidneys. Agh. I am SO protective of her, but I don't want to smother or isolate her as she gets older. I'm finding a happy medium. Hearing from other mothers is a great help.

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:08 pm

Thank you Meyerwife! And, welcome to VH. You will like it here! chug
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:16 pm

meyerwife, we are all born with some natural survival instincts that we slowly learn to ignore, sometimes because of a fear of being paranoid, sometimes because of misplaced etiquette, sometimes because we just do not want to see the ugliness. Notice how young children gravitate or shy away from certain individuals, it's because they have not learned to ignore those instincts. I think everyone should nurture and listen to those instincts, especially parents. It is a parent's job to protect and ensure a safe childhood for their children. Parenthood/motherhood is not an easy job and not one to take on lightly. I don't believe a parent can be too protective of a child, it's kinda like loving them too much, it's not possible. Being protective isn't smothering, it is being educated, smart, aware with eyes wide open and no delusions about others in their life.
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:21 pm

meyerwife, I just want to Welcome you to VH!

Reading other's thoughts and feelings - especially about such a sensitive subject - can only help you mom's with young children become more knowledgeable.

And, you also have brought up an interesting question: Just when is it paranoia or not?

I have to agree with Mommy of 3 that any young single mom out there dating has to be so careful. I agree that it would take a lot of time for me to trust a man with my child, or really...even date at all.

There are way, way too many cases of young moms putting some guy first before their child. Where is the line drawn??

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Wrap it up and others, thank you for welcoming me to VH. I don't usually participate in forums, but I feel strongly about the subject matter on this site, and what VH represents. I'm 33 y/o and when I was a child, ppl weren't talking so openly about sexual abuse, cases, etc. One interesting website (www.darkness2light.org) made a great point about talking w/ your children (when they are old enough) about "good touch, bad touch"; and to explain what sexual abuse is. Also [i never thought of this before], for any new caretaker(s), family members, coaches, etc.--For parents to explain to these ADULTS in front of the child(ren) that the parents have discussed to their child(ren) what sexual abuse is and that is a violation and is wrong. This lets the other adult(s) know that this child's parents love and trust and educate their child, that there's no secret about it. I know this might be prying and I don't want to judge, but per the facts presented, Cheyenne was born on 21Dec08 and she died less than one yr later on 08Nov09; and J. Stepp was Cheyenne's step-father, which meant Brittany married J. Stepp during her pregnancy (with other man's child)? I am more distressed at the possibility that she did NOT really know J. Stepp at all, what kind of character he is. I cannot judge, but I am very saddened by horrific loss of Cheyenne.

Back to top Go down

Normal Profile set to private now

Post by Nama on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:12 pm

Brittany
Brittany Yarley
Female
22 years old
HOLLY SPRINGS, North Carolina
United States

Last Login: 2/22/2010

This profile is set to private. This user must add you as a friend to see his/her profile.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:28 am

The newborn picture of Cheyenne makes me cry. I just got to work, and I need to be strong. I pray for Brittany, too. I can't believe Cheyenne is not here, all because of a monster called her step-father.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:42 am

Josh used to work with my husband in the Army and I was disgusted to just recently find out about this. Does anyone know why more information about this case hasn't been released? Also does anyone know what has happened to his biological daughter Mariah. All of the wives in the unit basically took turns caring for her while Josh was working or drinking. I get upset to hear about how he was such a great dad because he may have done the best he could as a young single dad, but he was very far from a great dad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:53 am

jmgrow wrote:Josh used to work with my husband in the Army and I was disgusted to just recently find out about this. Does anyone know why more information about this case hasn't been released? Also does anyone know what has happened to his biological daughter Mariah. All of the wives in the unit basically took turns caring for her while Josh was working or drinking. I get upset to hear about how he was such a great dad because he may have done the best he could as a young single dad, but he was very far from a great dad.
Welcome to Victims Heartland. I will do some research to see if I can find out about Josh daughter. Very intresting information you posted. I am glad you’re here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:36 pm

She should only be 5 years old. I would find alot of peace knowing that she is okay and unharmed. I know the chances are slim, but I am hopeful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:52 pm

I check on a regular basis for updates on this case and there have been none. I keep looking.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum