Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole

+7
artgal16
CritterFan1
Marica
Nama
Wrapitup
misshesitation
NiteSpinR
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole

Post by Nama Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:52 pm

I check on a regular basis for updates on this case and there have been none. I keep looking.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole - Page 2 Empty Man charged in stepdaughter's death to face death penalty

Post by Nama Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:02 am

Prosecutors announced Thursday that they plan to seek the death penalty against a Raleigh man charged in the beating death of his 10-month-old stepdaughter.

Joshua Andrew Stepp, of 1223 Silver Sage Drive, Apt. 303, faces first-degree murder and first-degree sex offense charges in the Nov. 8 death of Cheyenne Emery Yarley.

Stepp told a dispatcher in a 911 call that the child choked on toilet paper, but an autopsy report found she died of "abusive head trauma."

The report also indicates that paramedics and emergency room personnel at WakeMed in Raleigh found injuries to the child's right ear, face, vagina and anus.

A trial date for Stepp hasn't been set.http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/7804531/
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole

Post by Nama Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:06 am

Wake County prosecutors said Thursday that they plan to seek the death penalty against a man accused of sexually assaulting and killing his 10-month-old stepdaughter.

In a status hearing Thursday, prosecutors told Judge Ronald Stephens that investigators thought the infant had been on the floor with her head pushed into the carpet.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:45 am

I can't believe there is such limited information on this case. Again, why no trial date? Would this case not be considered a priority?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:01 pm

Mariah is in good hands and is being well cared for. She has been since this happened. She has no contact with Brittany, nor will she.
There is no right to a speedy trial in North Carolina so anyone charged with a crime can remain in jail indefinitely until such time as a trial date is set, which is dependant on discovery issues and other investigatory procedures. Theoretically, a subject can be in jail for over a year before going to trial. And, just because someone is CHARGED with a crime does not mean they are guilty.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:55 pm

asbath I am happy to hear about Mariah. Thank you for letting us know. Welcome to Victims Heartland.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:33 am

Mariah's privacy is to be protected. I just wanted those who knew her to know that she is fine.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks for taking the time to provide an update asbath. I am happy to hear that she is doing well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole - Page 2 Empty Cheyenne Yarley - murdered by step-father

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:15 am

I have been watching for information regarding this case, and this site has been awesome in giving the perspective of the mother. I really don't understand how anyone can still be assuming that J. Stepp is anything but what an evil POS he is. The *autopsy* indicates that the little girl was sexually assaulted and there is no way that the damage can be mistaken nor can DNA evidence be misconstrued.

I pray that the little girl is now in a better place. I cannot imagine what kind of life she may have had -- abused by the step-father, unprotected by the mother -- it is too sad.

Again, awesome site. Came across it when doing my research for my writing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:22 am

Sammytiel, Welcome to VH and thank you for your compliment. We aim to please and at the same time, try to keep abreast on the latest cases.

Your second para speaks VOLUMES.

welcome2
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:11 am

Sammytiel welcome to Victims Heartland
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:14 am

Thank you for the warm welcomes.

Does anyone know why this case is taking so long to get to trial? Or is this a usual length of time given the nature of the crime?

Also, about the toilet paper. I don't think I've seen it suggested before, but I think I know how it may have got there, and please forgive me for being graphic, but I think he shoved it in her mouth before he did the assault to keep her quiet. *If* they found toilet tissue, then that is the likeliest scenario.

It just breaks my heart -- I cannot understand how anyone can do such things to babies -- or for that matter, children or adults. It takes a different type of brain than the one I've got to wrap itself around that kind of action.

And, is it me or are there more and more stories like this in the news lately? Poor Cheyenne is not alone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:24 am

Sammytiel, I agree about the toilet paper. How sick and sad at the same time.

Regarding your question about why it's taking so long, I found this response upthread:

There is no right to a speedy trial in North Carolina so anyone charged with a crime can remain in jail indefinitely until such time as a trial date is set, which is dependant on discovery issues and other investigatory procedures. Theoretically, a subject can be in jail for over a year before going to trial. And, just because someone is CHARGED with a crime does not mean they are guilty.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:30 am

I think Stepp was trying to wipe 'EVIDENCE' out of Cheyenne's mouth and toilet paper got stuck in her throat and choked her. Stepp needs to be put locked up for life and Cheyenne's mother should be in a cell right next to him. How could she let this happen to her baby?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole - Page 2 M_6c31232353fd4672aac0c527898fadc6

Brittany has added some new tattoos since her daughter was murdered.

Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole - Page 2 41210_106344289421993_100001392683417_52914_6248712_n1

Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole - Page 2 40426_106342066088882_100001392683417_52891_620568_n

Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole - Page 2 40016_106344002755355_100001392683417_52906_3620119_n1

Josh Stepp, Stepfather, Sexually Assaulted and Beat Cheyenne Emery Yarley To Death, Sentenced To Life In Prison With No Parole - Page 2 39667_106344376088651_100001392683417_52923_7109096_n
I wonder if this is a new boyfriend?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:59 pm

I just found this thread & am horrified to hear of another rape & murder of an innocent child! My heart breaks for the child who was tortured & killed, but I have very little sympathy for the mother. She allowed this "monster" to care for her precious child & therefore she is partly to blame for her death!

Unfortunately, the majority of these sad stories involve young single mothers who are naive & desperate, and their children are the casualties. My advice to any young single mother: DON'T LET ANY MAN CARE FOR YOUR CHILD ALONE!! I truly believe that ANY man is capable of these crimes, and shouldn't be left alone with your precious child. If you have no other option, go to a church & find out if there are older women who would be willing to help out (they may even be willing to do it for free). I hate to sound paranoid, but after reading one too many of these horror stories... I guess I am!! It's time to STOP THE INSANITY!!! soap box

Last edited by Rainbow on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:01 pm

When I said that I truly believe that any man is capable of these crimes, I mean it! My parents were good friends with a minister & his wife - they had four daughters. Years later, it came out that he had sexually molested all of his daughters over the years. He is now in prison!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Cheyenne was murdered almost a year ago. I'm unable to find anything about a date for Josh's trial. The photos came from Cheyenne's mothers Myspace before she made it private a few months ago. The mother did see this thread before it was put in Members Only.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:20 pm

It doesn't matter what station in life........minister, businessman, scout leader, teacher, rich, poor.... Even Miss America, Marilyn Van Derbur, was molested by a "wonderful man" who was her father. Her mother said Marilyn was making it up when she (in her 40s) finally told her mother.

It has to stop!