Joseph Andrew Stack crashes into Northwest Austin TX, building/The widow of the IRS employee killed in the crash is suing the pilot's widow

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: Joseph Andrew Stack crashes into Northwest Austin TX, building/The widow of the IRS employee killed in the crash is suing the pilot's widow

Post by TerryRose on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I do NOT think the widow will win the lawsuit.

How could Mrs. Stack have known what her husband would do? I would think she would have immediately alerted the authorities if her husband was threatening to drive his plain into the Austin IRS building.

What adorable children! crying

Strange how some don't ever recognize how very much they have been blessed in life----had he given thanks for those kids, their health, his prosperity, he would never have done such a callous, stupid, murderous, insane thing. Too bad he never realized what was really important in life.

TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Joseph Andrew Stack crashes into Northwest Austin TX, building/The widow of the IRS employee killed in the crash is suing the pilot's widow

Post by Nama on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
I do NOT think the widow will win the lawsuit.
How could Mrs. Stack have known what her husband would do?
Years ago my son was in in accident that was his fault. The person in the car that he hit sued my husband and me and the wording in the suit was that "we knew or should have known" that he wasn't fit to drive our car.......something like that. The person did get a settlement from our auto insurance company. We didn't have to pay anything out of our pocket. The widow may be awarded something, but it will probably be paid by Stack's insurance company....maybe whoever he had his plane insured with.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Attorney: Stack widow being removed from lawsuit

Post by Nama on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 am

There has been a change in the lawsuit filed against the wife of a pilot who crashed his plane into a Northwest Austin office building.
The attorney representing the family of Vernon Hunter is removing Sheryl Stack from that lawsuit on Friday morning. Dan Ross says Stack and her attorney have agreed not to contest the relase of the autopsy report for Mr. Hunter, the only man killed in the suicide plane attack against the Echelon Building last Thursday. Ross says the Hunter family never wished Mrs. Stack any harm, and have nothing but compassion for her and wish her peace.
People gathered Thursday evening to remember Hunter and the other people affected by Thursday's suicide attack. Across the street from the Echelon Building, people lit candles and stood facing the scene of the crash. Those in attendance also honored the survivors who found their way out of the burning building.
"I live close by, and I drive by here a lot, and everytime I do, I can't believe it happened," said Ginny DiMario, who attended Thursday's vigil. "It's still a state of shock and it's just tragic that it happened."
Funeral services for Vernon Hunter will be Friday at 11:00 a.m. Hunter, a Vietnam War veteran, will receive a full military funeral with honors.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Stack in middle of audit at time of crash

Post by Nama on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:02 am

Andrew Joseph Stack's accountant has confirmed that Stack was in the middle of an audit for failing to report income when he crashed a plane into an IRS building in North Austin last week.

Nearly 30 years ago, the IRS declared the Universal Life Church an illegal tax shelter. Stack, his wife and thousands of others had founded home churches under the same name.

Stack sued the government to defend the church's status. Court documents show that after five years in court, the Stack's were ordered to pay more than $14,000 in back taxes from 1981 to 1983. They were also forced to pay fines, penalties and interest for fraud and negligence.

A post on a Web site owned by Stack included vague references to his involvement with the Universal Life Church.

The post was also critical of the IRS, government and the Catholic Church.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Suicide Pilot Claimed "Home Church" In '80s

Post by Nama on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:00 pm

-Decades before he flew his private plane into a Texas building last week in a suicidal protest against the Internal Revenue Service, Joseph Andrew Stack III sued the U.S. government to defend the tax-exempt status of a bogus "home church" he and his wife had chartered.

The software engineer and his then-wife, Ginger, were among thousands of people who formed branches of the Universal Life Church, which the IRS declared an illegal tax shelter.

Following five years of litigation, the Stacks were ordered to pay $14,446 in back taxes from 1981, 1982 and 1983, plus penalties and interest for fraud and negligence, according to U.S. Tax Court documents obtained by The Associated Press.

Ginger Stack filed for divorce in March 1998 and subsequent bankruptcy the following year after the divorce had been finalized.

Joseph Stack moved from California to Austin in 2003 to begin a software company and in 2007 married his widow, Sheryl Stack.

Police say Sheryl Stack took her 12-year-old daughter to a hotel on Feb. 17 following an argument with her husband.

The family's accountant confirmed Saturday that the Stacks were in the middle of an audit for failing to report income.

On Feb. 18, the 53-year-old Stack flew his plane into the seven-story building in Austin that houses IRS offices.

In a press statement on Feb. 19, Sheryl Stack offered her condolences to the victims and their families but declined further comment pending the outcome of the investigation.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:59 pm

Police say Sheryl Stack took her 12-year-old daughter to a hotel on Feb. 17 following an argument with her husband.
That pic on page 1 must have been several years ago. Didn't the daughter defend her father and call him a hero???? Is this the 12 year old??

My son has seen what is left of the building. He said the pictures on television and in the paper don't really portray the realism of this horrific chain of events.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:12 pm

Wrapitup wrote:

That pic on page 1 must have been several years ago. Didn't the daughter defend her father and call him a hero???? Is this the 12 year old??

My son has seen what is left of the building. He said the pictures on television and in the paper don't really portray the realism of this horrific chain of events.
I read up-thread that this was his second wife and family. He and his previous wife had a daughter who is married to an airplane pilot and lives in Norway. I believe it is this daughter who doesn't even live in this country who is doing all the talking about the hero stuff, obviously just as anti-USA as her father was. It is not the young daughter by his present wife Cheryl, which wife has the decency to apologize for his actions.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:46 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, TR.

So sad!!

angry

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal The widow of the Internal Revenue Service employee killed when a Texas man crashed his plane into the agency's office is suing the pilot's widow

Post by Nama on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:35 am

The widow of the Internal Revenue Service employee killed when a Texas man crashed his plane into the agency's office is suing the pilot's widow.

The lawsuit against Sheryl Stack seeks to determine if her husband, Joseph Stack, left behind insurance policies or other assets, attorney Daniel Ross says.

Ross represents Valerie Hunter, whose husband, Vernon Hunter, 68, was killed last week when, authorities say, Joseph Stack deliberately crashed his single-engine plane into the IRS office.

The pilot left behind a lengthy anti-government Internet posting blaming the IRS for his problems.

The lawsuit, filed Monday, says Sheryl Stack should have warned others about her husband.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Even if he had life insurance policies, he committed (among other things :mad: ) suicide so the policies would be null and void.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Stack's widow breaks her silence

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 pm

by MARTIN BARTLETT / KVUE News

Posted on March 7, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Updated today at 11:25 PM

At a benefit concert Sunday afternoon, Sheryl Stack made no excuses for what her husband did when he flew his small plane into the echelon office building in February killing one IRS worker. Officials believe he did so to settle a score with the IRS over back-taxes.
Stack said she and her daughter are re-building their lives with a lot of support.

Organizers brought together dozens of musicians at a North Austin recital hall to raise money for Sheryl and to support her as she speaks out.

“I do not believe in violence,” Stack said. “Even as a last resort. I do not believe in retaliation or vengance of any sort. I believe in peace. And life. And God's goodness.

As she breaks her silence, she has the support of her church choir.

She also has support from church members who worshipped with one of her husband's victims -- vernon hunter.

"My heart grieves for the loss of life caused by my husband in the tragic events of February 18th of this year. My prayers are continually with the widow of Vernon Hunter and I pray also for Shane Hill and all the others who were injured and/or traumatized by this catastrophe."

Sheryl and her daughter were traumatized, too

Before her husband flew his small plane into the Echelon building authorities believe he burned down the family's home.

"I am the victim of a violent crime, done by someone I loved -- and someone who loved me -- very much. I have a lot to come to terms with dealing with that. As if that wasn't enough, I am a grieving widow. I have lost my home, and every earthly possession,” Stack said. “My daughter's birth certificate with her footprints and the hand prints she made for me on a mother's day card when she was in pre-school. I have been remembering things I lost in the fire and it saddens me greatly. But these are just things. And what I have learned in the past two weeks is that life and love are the only things that matter. I am a survivor."

Organizers say every penny collected at Sunday’s benefit go directly to Sheryl stack and her daughter.

Video here:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Militias, homegrown terrorists, raided by FBI

Post by TerryRose on Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:57 pm

The FBI has conducted raids in several states and has arrested several people, all on militia property and members of "militia" groups. The FBI hasn't released any info about why they have conducted these raids yet. (My opinion only----could these people be responsible for the threats and vandalism on Congressmen and their families?)
Here is the only link I know about right now:

Last edited by TerryRose on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 03, 2010 3:26 pm

TerryRose wrote:The FBI has conducted raids in several states and has arrested several people, all on militia property and members of "militia" groups. The FBI hasn't released any info about why they have conducted these raids yet. (My opinion only----could these people be responsible for the threats and vandalism on Congressmen and their families?)
Here is the only link I know about right now:

http://www.wkyc.com/news/world/news_article.aspx?storyid=133252&catid=22

I certainly hope they are finding the militia groups responsible for all the threats against our politicians. It is downright scarey when your political offices close because of all the threats they are receiving.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum