Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Post by CritterFan1 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:17 am

Her Dad, Mr. Cox was on JVM lastnight. Seems her family is questioning what really happened to her and not as sure of his innocence now based on his behavior.

CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:19 am

He rented the car for 24 hours when LE was examinging his van. No one knows where he went as there wasn't a gps on the rental car. I think he may have dumped Susan's body and if he drove several hundred miles (in what direction?), how would LE even know where to began to search. That's alot of square miles. Was he smart enough to pay cash for gas or did he use a debit or credit card, I wonder?

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:21 am

If it was a spur of the moment murder he may not have had a lot of cash on him. Of course he could have stopped at a local atm machine.
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:48 am

I'm wondering about that carpet cleaning machine that was found in the home. Did Josh own the machine, or did he rent it? No one has said. If it was rented that puts a whole different slant on the story.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:59 am

Not that is good question - if he rented it, then
he was extremely concerned about that spot.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 pm

no kidding....Hope LE has checked into that!!!!
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:23 pm

I just heard on HLN that an anonymous donor put up a $10,000 reward.

As far as Josh Powell's mannerism's..NO, he is not like Drew Peterson or Scott Peterson. He strikes me as someone who shows the outside world one face and his wife and kids a completely different face.

Yes, BJ...I think he is burnt toast. And, soon. My worry are his poor kids. I cannot imagine a 2 and 4 year old losing both their parents. crying

What an ass!!!!!!!!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Friend: Missing Utah mom, Susan Powell, was mulling divorce ‘She talked of escaping, but there’s no way she would have left her boys’

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:24 pm

Today show
By Mike Celizic
TODAYshow.com contributor
updated 7:46 a.m. CT, Mon., Dec . 21, 2009

A woman who has known a missing Utah woman and her husband since the couple were married eight years ago is not surprised that Josh Powell has been named a person of interest in his wife Susan’s disappearance, saying that his increasingly controlling behavior had put the couple’s marriage on the rocks.

“His story just doesn’t add up,” Rachel Marini told TODAY’s Ann Curry Monday from her home in American Fork, Utah. “I think it was only a matter of time before it came to this.”

It has been two weeks since Josh Powell told police he took the couple’s two boys on a late-night camping trip, leaving Susan behind in their suburban Salt Lake City home. When he came home, she wasn’t there, he told police.

Since then, Josh has hired a prominent local defense attorney and has not responded to police efforts to interview him further. Last week, he took sons Charlie, 4, and Raden, 2, back to his parents’ home in Puyallup, Wash., for the holidays. On Sunday evening, he attended a prayer vigil for Susan with his older son but did not acknowledge his wife’s parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, who stood just a dozen or so feet away from him.

Marini said that behavior seemed strange. “Her parents are hurting just as much as he is. I would have hoped that he would have been comforting to them, as I know they would have been to him,” she said.

Marini said that what had been a happy marriage began to deteriorate several years ago when the Powells moved from Washington to Utah. The couple had financial difficulties and filed for bankruptcy in 2007, citing nearly $200,000 in debts.

“Josh became more and more controlling, and it was harder for her to remain herself, or remain the happy person that she was,” Marini said.

“Josh was very controlling. He controlled everything in their marriage, from the money that Susan spent to what groceries she could buy to what she could eat. There was a lot of fighting and belittling on his part. It just reduced her to a very unhappy and different person than she was when he first met her,” Marini told Curry.

Marini said that Susan had spoken about her unhappiness and had even discussed leaving her husband. But, she said, it’s unthinkable that her friend would have gone without her children.

“Susan talked many times about escaping her unhappy marriage, but there’s no way she would have left her boys,” Marini said.

Credible story?
Police have focused on Josh’s account that he decided to go camping near midnight on Sunday, Dec. 6. He said he went to a park in the desert west of Salt Lake City, despite sub-freezing temperatures and a snowstorm moving in. He and the boys slept in the family van, he said.

Police have said that Josh was vague about the exact location of his campsite. An overnight snowstorm also eradicated tracks and made it impossible for police to check Josh’s story.

TODAY
Joshua Powell told police he last saw his wife before taking their sons on a late-night camping trip.
When the children didn’t show up at day care and Susan didn’t go to work, concerned friends called police, who broke into the house. They reportedly found Susan’s purse and cell phone. In the living room, fans were trained on a wet spot on the carpet

Curry asked Marini whether Josh’s story about an impromptu camping trip is credible.

“I don’t know, but I do know that if he had told Susan, ‘Hey, I’m going to take the boys out camping, and it’s 10 degrees out, it’s a blizzard, and we have school the next day,’ she would have said, ‘No way,’ and she wouldn’t have let him,” Marini said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:48 pm

It seems to me that LE should have had him under surveillance and followed him when he rented that car...then they would KNOW where he went and what he did! Surely they had reason to suspect him and try to see what he was up to...They knew where Scott Peterson was and what he was doing...they were able to stop and arrest him immediately when Laci's and Connor's bodies washed up...I hope I'm wrong, but it seems to me that LE really dropped the ball on this one!!!
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:53 pm

I hope you're wrong, too, Lisette..but you make an excellent point.

I wonder if LE or anyone will ever find Susan's body as IMO, it is quite evident she is dead. I fear she is under a huge pile of snow, which if that is the case..may preserve her body for forensics. I hate to be so blunt but really, what are the odds of Susan being alive at this point?

A lot in this case hinges on the rental car and carpet cleaning details that have not been released.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:59 pm

The police in many places are like a lot of workers
in all sorts of professions - there is a lot of mediocrity.
We saw it here in L.A. during the OJ trial = shine the spotlight on their work habits and you will find a lot of laziness and just downright apathy. If someone here
could think of a "tail" on this jerk - why didnt the police there think of it?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal Powell's hands were badly wind burned -- to the point where he thought they might have frost bite

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:50 pm

After his van was taken by police under a search warrant, Powell rented a car at the Salt Lake Airport for the day. West Valley Police Captain Tom McLachlan said, "We do know a car was rented in his name and several hundred miles were put on it. Unfortunately, we don't have any GPS data. The company that rented the car doesn't store that data."

Where did he go in that one day that required "several hundred miles" of travel? Long-time friends of both Susan and Josh Powell wonder if he might have returned to the area where he'd supposedly just been camping with his boys. Neighbor Tim Petersen said, " I just kind of speculate if he went out there again. And I wonder why would someone do that?"

When it was time to return the rental car, Peterson said Powell showed up at his house. He said Powell asked for a ride to the police station to get the van. Peterson also observed that Powell's hands were badly wind burned -- to the point where he thought they might have frost bite. He said Powell had a bottle of lotion with him that he frequently applied to his hands.

But wind-burned hands do not alone prove Powell returned to the campground. Nor would a trip to the campground alone account for "several hundred miles" on the rental car.

The only person who can definitively answer where he went and what he did is Powell himself and he has stopped talking to police. Captain McLachlan said, "We would like to know where it went."

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:19 pm

I think the wind blown hands have a lot to do with this case - and I am shocked Josh has not YET been arrested!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Susan Powell's friends gave police emails with details about troubled marriage

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:19 am

Friends of Susan Powell, the mother who has been missing for fifteen days told the Deseret News they had handed over some emails talking about her problems in her marriage. It had gotten so bad it looked like she was afraid of her husband, Joshua Powell.

The emails were sent in June and July last year when the their marriage was not doing well. One of the friends have confirmed that Susan Powell was afraid Joshua Powell might kidnap her sons, divorce her or even worse. The friend who wanted to remain anonymous said Susan Powell had told her she had written something she would leave at her desk where she worked. The friend said, "She had mentioned about writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide. She said it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself, because she would never leave her boys alone." The friend said she did not know the context of what Susan was talking about. She did not know how to reply and it was the only time Susan Powell had mentioned it.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:47 am

I am thinking Susan's body was in the van when he took the kids "camping".
Sure sounds like he used that rental vehicle to recover the body of his wife and transport her remains to anther an probably very remote location. No doubt, somewhere between their home and where they had previously lived.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:01 am

Marica that is brilliant! And the windblown hands
from burying her deep somewhere?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:06 am

A prepaid cell phone Josh Powell purchased at Walmart could provide details as to where Powell went while racking up hundreds of miles in a rental car. A note has also surfaced that was written about a year and a half ago. Susan said if she ended up dead it "wouldn't be suicide".

Tim Petersen, Powell's neighbor tells ABC 4 news that Powell came over to their house on Wednesday evening, just days after Susan disappeared and told them about a new phone he bought and asked for a ride to pick up his minivan. Petersen said, "We asked about Susan but he didn't want to talk about her. He only wanted to talk about his new clothes and phone."

West Valley City Police confirmed they are looking into phone and financial records. However, they didn't confirm exactly who's records they are reviewing. But the cell phone provider could potentially pinpoint Powell's whereabouts during that 24 hour period.

Petersen also says when Powell came to his house he had the worst case of wind burned he'd ever seen. Petersen said they were bright red and he had a bottle of lotion with him and kept applying it on his hands.

Police took Powell's van Monday night, between that night and Wednesday Powell put hundreds of miles on his rental car. Petersen thinks he may have gone back to the campground. "I just kind of speculate he went out there again and I wonder why would someone do that?"

But, if Powell did go back out there that could explain his red hands. That Monday was bitter cold, in the middle of the first wave of a major storm and the wind chills in the area were in the low teens.

Friends and family members are passing along emails and notes from Susan to police. Investigators are working hard to crack this case and are still asking anyone who may know anything in regards to Susan's disappearance to come forward.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:09 am

I wonder if right after Christmas there will be an arrest? This is going to be a sad Christmas for the children, with their mother missing, and it would be even worse if their father was arrested in connection with her disappearance.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:09 am

If this is true about the cell phones the pings could help a lot. Hes dirty - I can feel it and I think everyone else can too -
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz on Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:19 pm

why don't they just lock him up?? :crazy :
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:43 pm

All in good time my pretty, all in good time. witch
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:14 pm

the saddest part of this is, there were warnings this summer. why couldnt she be helped??
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:24 pm

I think like many people, she thought he would never really go through with it. In hindsight, she should have left his sorry ass over the summer with the kids.

This is what I think. I also agree with Marica..that after he rented the car, he moved her body from the infamous camp site. So, now the cops have no clue where she is or in what direction to look for her.

There is a very good possibility she may never be found. OR, once the Winter is over with and everything begins to thaw, she may be found, but it is rather evident she is dead and he is responsible for her death.

I am very concerned for their children. I guess this ass didn't stop and think about how killing their mother would affect them and he didn't care.

Is the DP in Utah??

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal When Susan first "went missing".........................

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:25 am

Petersen said friends and family members tried several times to call Josh Powell on his cell phone Dec. 7. When Powell finally answered, Petersen said, he didn't seem very panicked when they told him his wife was missing and no one had any idea where she was.

"They told him, 'The police are here at your house. You might want to come home.' It took him two hours. When we asked him where he had been, he just said, 'I've been driving around West Valley City.' It took him two hours to get home. He wasn't in a big hurry to get home and find his wife, he just … I don't know. It's a really crappy situation," Petersen said.

The odd behavior continued over the next two days as police started combing the Powell house for evidence. Investigators seized the Powells' lone vehicle, a minivan, to look for possible clues. They also took Josh Powell's cell phone and many items from inside his house, including his bedding and a carpet cleaner, Petersen said.

"They started completely tearing his house apart," he said.

Soon after police took Powell's cell phone, he went to Walmart and got a pre-paid cell phone, Petersen said.

More information was also revealed Wednesday about the alleged wet spot police found in the Powell home.

Another church member helped police get into the house shortly after Susan Powell's disappearance, Petersen said. The church member later told Petersen he had seen two fans aimed at a wet spot on the carpet in the front room. There were toys also scattered around the floor, he said.

Josh Powell stopped by the Petersens' house on Wednesday, Dec. 9, but didn't want to talk about his wife at all despite their continuous questioning about what might have happened to her.

"He wanted to talk about everything else. He sat there in a daze. He was ticked off police took his van," Petersen said. "He was just being extremely careful about everything he said."

Petersen said it was very uncharacteristic of Josh Powell, who he described as normally very chatty.

"All he wants to do is talk. He dominates conversations," Petersen said. "It was extremely odd" that he didn't want to talk about his wife.

Josh Powell was not asking the questions that Petersen believes most husbands in that situation would ask, such as: What happened? When did it happen? Where did it happen?

Petersen said that he noticed, while Powell was sitting on the Petersens' couch, that the man's hands "were just absolutely wind burned."

"They were just toast from the wind. His hands were absolutely toast. He kept taking a bottle of lotion out and putting it on his hands," Petersen said.

When Josh and Susan Powell were first married, both were very active in the LDS Church, Petersen said. They were sealed in the temple. But once they moved to Utah, Josh Powell stopped attending church.

Petersen said the Powells' marriage counselor instructed Susan Powell to set specific goals. Susan Powell told her husband that her goal was for him to become active in the church again by the end of 2009 and to have his temple recommend again by their anniversary in the spring. Otherwise, she was going to divorce him and take the children, Petersen said.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:54 am

OK, so he didn't want to be a member of the LDS church anymore and she gave him a deadline or she would divorce him. For whatever reason, he did not want a divorce so he killed her. WTF

This guy is an ass, a control freak who dominates conversations. I wish they would find her body!! I wish I could believe she took off on her own and went underground..left her purse, keys, cell phone and her kids. I think she would not/could not do that.

Josh Powell needs to confess and confess now. This is ridiculous!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:00 am

Sorry I am having a brain freeze. What is the LDS church. Latter Day Saints..got it. Now what do they believe? Seems somebody else was with that church..why do I remember it all of a sudden?
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:52 am

Marica wrote:I am thinking Susan's body was in the van when he took the kids "camping".
Sure sounds like he used that rental vehicle to recover the body of his wife and transport her remains to anther an probably very remote location. No doubt, somewhere between their home and where they had previously lived.
I totally agree!
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Normal People Magazine: Neighbor Calls Susan Powell's Husband a 'Crackpot'

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Neighbor Calls Susan Powell's Husband a 'Crackpot'

A neighbor of missing Utah mother Susan Powell says days after friends reported her disappearance on Dec. 6, her husband, Joshua Powell, dropped by his house with "wind-burned hands" and acted very strangely.

"We kept asking about Susan, but all he could talk about was the new clothes and phone he'd gotten at Walmart after the police took his stuff for evidence," the neighbor, Tim Peterson, tells the Salt Lake Tribune in a new interview.

Peterson says that neighbors tried to call Joshua all day Dec. 7 after his wife was reported missing, but it took him two hours to get home when they finally reached him. "He just said he was driving around West Valley City," Peterson said. "He wasn't in a big hurry to get home to find his wife. This guy was absolutely a crackpot and there was just something wrong with this whole situation."

Peterson said Joshua Powell had the worst wind burn he'd ever seen on the back of his hands and he kept pulling out a bottle of lotion and reapplying it as they spoke. "He was pretty unfazed," Peterson told the newspaper. "It's just a really crappy situation."

Susan Powell was last seen by friends on Dec. 6 – the same night her husband says he took the couple's young sons camping in freezing conditions along the Pony Express Trail in Utah's west desert. Joshua Powell, who is the only person of interest in the case, according to police, is spending Christmas at his father's home in Puyallup, Wash., with his boys. Police still hope to interview him at some point about his whereabouts on Dec. 6 and 7.

In the meantime, police are scaling back their investigation until after Christmas so that detectives, who have worked around the clock since the Utah mother of two disappeared, can spend some time with their families. At the same time, family and friends of the West Valley City woman are asking people to step up and do something nice for someone else in Powell's honor.

"Susan is a shining example to others and [her family] is gratified by the acts of service being performed on their behalf," says Shelby Gifford, spokesperson for Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox. "They hope, in some small way, they will be able to bring peace and comfort to those whose lives are affected by Susan's disappearance."

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:54 pm

So he made a big deal about the NEW cell phone. There has been so much in the news about cell phone "pings" I would bet he didn't have that phone with him when he took hsi little joy ride. Probably ha sa girl friend somewhere. Who knows. Wonder if he had a cell previously. Of course we have all read that with batteries out of the phone there is no "ping". Doubt if the new phone is gonna reveal much.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:02 pm

jeanne1807: LDS.. Yes you are correct on Latter Day Saints. Yes, I am a member of this faith. I would be considered Jack Mormon, in that I am not active, and some of the doctrines, I do not follow. There are several religions that are spin off of LDS, Reformed LDS, Reorganized LDS, Fundamentalist LDS, and on and on.
The most recent, prior to this story, was about a group of men in Missouri and Iowa arrested on child abuse/molestation charges. These people were also linked to LDS faith through at least one of the men arrested. Just as in any other religion, there are NUTZ. I don't feel this is a matter connected to his religious up bringing.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:09 pm

They were SEALED in the Temple! Oh My GOD! This is major big deal. Not just anyone can accomplish this. He must have been very active. Marriage & Family are very important and I can see this woman not giving up on him. The church would not encourage her to divorce, unless she and her children were in danger. Obviously, she felt some fear. I wonder where her church family support was.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:59 pm

How long does it take to get samples from that rug analized? Forever???
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Normal Susan's parents spend time with their grandchildren

Post by Nama on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Susan Powell's parents got to spend a few hours with their grandchildren this week, capping what her father calls a "difficult few days" in the agonizing disappearance of the West Valley City mother.

Susan's father, Chuck Cox, wrote in a posting on a Facebook group dedicated to the search for Susan that he was able to see Charlie and Braden for several hours on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

"Both are in good health and spirits and seemed to be unaffected by the current situation," he wrote on Saturday. "We have pictures of Susan and her family up, so I was a little concerned but the boys just wen...t on playing so I am feel they are doing well."

As for Cox and his wife, they "have been having issues in those quiet moments as we observe the boys and family."

"We went through the motions of Christmas but it didn't fill the emptiness. We are comforted by all of your prayers and support," he wrote. "Thank you."

Cox family spokeswoman Shelby Gifford said in an interview with Fox 13 News on Saturday that Susan's husband, Joshua Powell, handed off the children to their grandparents for a few hours each day.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:41 pm

I cannot imagine the little 4 year old "being unaffected by the current situatation." WTH??? His Mother is missing!!

My 3-1/2 year old grandson would be crying and asking for his mommy - that is for sure! This is b.s.!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:48 am

I agree wrap. Katie can't handle being away from her Mom for a couple of hours. I am sure they were so happy to see their Grandparents and there was presents for them. I can see how they would be fine for a few hours. But what happens at bedtime and other times for these little boys that Susan's parents don't know about.

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:13 am

Re the childrens reaction - this father might be affecting their behavior, who knows what hes telling these kids -like" mommy ran away because she didnt love us anymore". This guy is a nut, he capable of trying to turn the children against everyone else but him. Give him time if hes not arrested, he will, hes a control freak that will extend now to his kids.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:51 pm

I don't know what he told them or what they saw but I do believe if they were with their grandparents and they had some quiet time away from presents and Christmas..children talk. They tell a lot. My little three year old grandson talks and the things he is able to relate to me. Last nights dinner. Who got in trouble and also what he did at the babysitters on Monday. I never ask. But we do sit and talk.

I am sure they have told everybody not to ask the children anything and I would respect that. Funny that guy would even let them have the children if they knew or saw anything. Humm.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 pm

No doubt this man has given the children some explanation about where Mommy is than they are able to accept, and therfore not worried at this point. My Grand Daughter left her husband and two small children a year ago. The kids were 2 & 3 at te time, and neither of them cried for Mommy. I don't know how my grand son in law handled the situation, but he managed to give the kids an explanation they could deal with. I know this is a whole different situation, but am thinking only of a parent being able to offer something the kids can accept.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:33 pm

I understand what you all are saying but I can only relate to my own grandson. It wouldn't matter what anyone said. He would be crying his eyes out for his mother.

Jeanne, I so agree with you. My little Noah says a lot without asking him anything. It's amazing.

It seems like Susan was a very good mom. I would think that no explanation as to where she is would fly with the four year old.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:38 pm

I keep thinking of that case where the little guy told the police that his mommy was rolled up in a rug. I think her boyfriend did it. She was pregnant with his second child by her. The little guy was both of theirs. I think the boyfriend was LE too. Can't remember their names.

I was always so suprised that little guy rememberd all that. Of course the murderer, his father, killed his mother and then left her there dead and the little guy there with her. That was something.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:13 pm

The Jesse Davis case was where the little boy said "mommy was wrapped in the rug". Marica and I were talking, she had a good point. He may have killed her earlier in the night...let her body freeze outside prior to putting susan in the family van...would prevent bodily fluids from seeping out. When he went back to move her body, the same thing, she would be frz, no leaks like with Caylee..
Too bad LE was not tailing him and when he rented that car, they could have popped a tracking device under his car. If they had, case closed.
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:19 am

I agree completely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:58 am

I watched that interview with her friend who had visited her that day. I think he put something in her drink, coffee or tea and thats when she got so tired when her friend said she went to bed. That always seemed strange to have a friend there and two little boys that age and be tired and go to bed at 5. That would be the boys bedtime and also bathtime and dinnertime. I always found that odd. I think he slipped her something and killed her. Too bad they can't find her.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:59 am

Jeanne, I agree, I would only go to bed with company there and two young children at 5pm if I were sick with a fever or vomiting. I think he slipped her something, too. Wonder if he had access to RX pills at his parents or in laws medicine cabinets, or a RX in his own name that he hoarded?
+
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:15 am

CritterFan1 wrote:Jeanne, I agree, I would only go to bed with company there and two young children at 5pm if I were sick with a fever or vomiting. I think he slipped her something, too. Wonder if he had access to RX pills at his parents or in laws medicine cabinets, or a RX in his own name that he hoarded?
+

It does sound like he slipped her something. But was it just something to put her to sleep to make it an easier kill? If he had something at his dispossal strong enough for an overdose kill, why wouldn't he just leave her and not dispose of her body? I hope they find her soon. Those babies can't be safe with him. I don't understand those grandparents, although I guess they are doing the best they can. I think I would be on the news with disappearing with them.
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:21 am

Over the counter meds.. cannot think of the name of it now.. but I once knew a woman who cared for an elderly woman, and she told me just slipped a little of this stuff in her drink and it would put her right to sleep. I am thinking she said "benadryl". If this woman was Mormon she most likely was not drinking coffee or tea.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:34 pm

"wind-burned hands"?---Could also be extremely chapped skin from scrubbing things with strong detergents?
Yes, Marica, Benedryl is an antihistamine and antihistamines do make one drowsy.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:32 pm

Maybe he has a girlfriend that is a nurse?
Seems to me the only reason he would purchase another phone would be to keep in touch with someone HE wanted to talk to. Not the children, in-laws or law enforcement.
Wind burn or cold water chapped? Is there a river around there?
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Normal Search warrants sealed, Salt Lake Tribune to file motion to have warrants disclosed

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:39 am

Three search warrants served and executed in the case of missing Utah mom, Susan Powell, 28, have been sealed by a Utah judge at the 3rd District Court Clerk’s office. The Salt Lake Tribune’s attorney plans to file a motion Tuesday to have those search warrants disclosed and made accessible to the public.

The search warrants at issue are - two issued to search the Powell home and van, and one issued for DNA testing on Susan’s husband, Josh Powell.

Search warrants are made available to the public 20 days after they are issued. Police and prosecutors, according to The Salt Lake Tribune, don’t want the public to know what they took from Susan Powell’s house and husband.

"Public access helps ensure accuracy, accountability and fairness in the court systems simply because it is a lot easier for abuses to occur in secret than in the light of day," Tribune attorney Michael O'Brien said Monday. "Access is especially important in prominent cases, such as the Powell case, because the public is paying more attention to how well the court and law enforcement systems work in such cases."

According to The Salt Lake Tribune, search warrants in Utah most often include statements written by police officers explaining why they have cause to search.
After a search warrant is executed, it is returned to a courthouse with an inventory of what police seized. Then, the warrant and inventory log are made public 20 days later.

Susan Powell, 28, has been missing from her West Valley City, Utah home for 21 days. Police are calling the case missing person’s case with ‘suspicious criminal’ undertones.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 am

Time to arrest this piece of turd that calls himself a man. Too bad his hands did not rot off from frostbite.
If I were so afraid of a man that I left a note in my desk saying if I died, 'I did not commit suicide', it was my husband that did it.....I would LEAVE. I know some people have a hard time w/separation and divorce, they feel it goes against the vows they took before God. Vows are something, but saving your life is more important.
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:13 pm

Could he have given her Ambien and then took her to the woods and gotten her out of the car to freeze to death somewhere?
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum