Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

+22
HippyChick2
Slys Hunny
HippieChick
Praying For Faith
mayhem
raine1953
Turtle
Lilone
TerryRose
charminglane
adelacruz
Marica
lisamaree44
jeanne1807
lisette
artgal16
laga
janie
CritterFan1
Nama
Juanita
Wrapitup
26 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Post by charminglane Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:13 pm

Could he have given her Ambien and then took her to the woods and gotten her out of the car to freeze to death somewhere?

charminglane

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 4 Empty Re: Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:19 pm

I too have wondered about her parents and how soft they have been on him. I don't think the mother has said a word. I kind of think it is to protect their relationship with the children. They aren't supporting him but at least they get to see those children. They are playing it close to the chin.
That is always a hard line. I know I bit my tongue with that darn SIL. But they all love him. Yipes.
But you know he is the dad and he controls the children so we grandparents do the best we can. Always walking that fine line.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Amen, Jeanne. Constantly walking that fine line as a grandparent is extremely tiring. Unless you have lots of money..then there is no fine line. MOO!!

I do think the parents are keeping their thoughts and opinions close to the chin..as you said.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:25 pm

Yes I believe that as well - they cant say what they really feel or he might pull the grandchildren away.
But sooner or later those grandparents will get those children because the police are going to get him eventually. He killed Susan.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 pm

I agree Completely!!!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:07 pm

I had first thought he killed her and then took the body and disposed of it when he took his children on the "camping trip". Up thread comment that he might have [drugged her and then taken her out and let her freeze to death].. Oh my GOD.. And of course how could her death be proven murder... THAT is a very frightening thought and one that is quite possible.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Right, not a mark would be on her body. However-she probably would not have been in walking distance from home. Therefore, the "camping trip."
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:24 pm

I am beginning to wonder if they will not find her until the Spring, when the snow melts away.

Does anyone think he may have somehow disposed of her body by cutting her up? I hate typing these words but I put absolutely nothing past Josh Powell.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 pm

What are the laws about talking to the children...I mean for LE, can they talk to them or have a child psychologist talk to them?
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:33 pm

I think I read that LE did talk to the 4 year old. They have not and will not release what he said. I think that a 4 year old will tell the truth as they are too young to lie.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:42 pm

I hope the children know nothing specific of the crime...but, maybe if they know what they did on their camping trip, ie. did Daddy go off for a while, did Daddy have a big container or blanket wrapped something in the car?
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 pm

I honestly cannot imagine Josh allowing the kids to sleep in sub zero weather. This is where I think his lies began. If the little 4 year old can dispute that, I think that would only make it better for Josh's arrest.

He has probably drilled it into his son's head that they slept in that van. I think a child psychologist could get the truth out of him.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:26 pm

by Wrapitup Yesterday at 10:33 pm
I think I read that LE did talk to the 4 year old. They have not and will not release what he said. I think that a 4 year old will tell the truth as they are too young to lie.
Remember Falcon Heene? :lol!:
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:26 am

I don't think he dismembered his wife's body. I do think he has stashed her body somewhere that she is not apt to be found for a very long time, if ever.
I once heard a man make a comment about people resting at the bottom of abandoned wells, who will never be found. I am guessing Utah and surrounding states have a lot of abandoned coal mine shafts, not to mention some very deep crevices and such in the mountains.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 4 Empty Salt Lake Tribune files motion to open Powell search warrants

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:31 am

The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 12/29/2009 06:37:06 PM MST

An attorney for The Salt Lake Tribune argued Tuesday that history and the law favor opening to the public search warrants connected to the Susan Powell disappearance case.

"Public access to warrant materials serves as a check on the judiciary because the public can ensure that judges are not merely serving as a rubber stamp for the police," attorney Michael O'Brien wrote in a motion filed in state court.

The newspaper wants a judge to reverse an order sealing search warrants executed in the search for Powell. West Valley City police have said they have served three search warrants. Two have been served on the Powell family home and van and one warrant took biological samples from her husband, Joshua Powell.

Search warrants in Utah are filed with a court and made public after 20 days, and typically include statements from police about why they have probable cause to search and a list of what they seized. Investigators this week continued to characterize Powell's disappearance as a missing persons case, although they have called Joshua Powell a person of interest.

In the motion filed Tuesday, O'Brien said to seal court documents, a judge must find disclosure would create a "substantial probability" of harming a defendant's right to a fair trial or there is another compelling reason.

"The fact that this is a high-profile case does not change this analysis," O'Brien wrote. "If the law were otherwise, then no negative information about a criminal matter in any high-profile case would ever be released."

It was not immediately clear when a judge would review or rule on the motion. West Valley Police have referred comment on the search warrants to the Salt Lake County District Attorney's Office. A spokesman for that office declined comment Tuesday.

Susan Powell, 28, was reported missing Dec. 7. Police say Joshua Powell told them he last saw his wife when he took their two young sons on a camping trip about 12:30 a.m. that day. Joshua Powell has answered few other questions in connection with the case and refused to grant further interviews to investigators.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 4 Empty Ribbon campaign planned for Susan Powell

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:35 am

By Pat Reavy

Deseret News
Published: Tuesday, Dec. 29, 2009 11:20 p.m. MST

WEST VALLEY CITY — Friends of Susan Powell hope to organize a ribbon campaign to go along with a social media blitz scheduled to begin Monday.

Starting Monday and running for 72 hours, Powell's loved ones will launch an intense campaign on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in an effort to keep her face in the public eye.

Her best friend, Kiirsi Hellewell, hopes a ribbon campaign can be organized at the same time as a visual reminder for people in Utah, Washington and elsewhere that Powell is still missing and needs to be found.

Details of the ribbon campaign were still being worked out Tuesday. Hellewell wasn't sure what color ribbon would be used to symbolize the search for Powell but said Powell's favorite colors were lavender and sage green.

Powell has been missing since Dec. 7. Her husband, Josh Powell, has been under cloud of suspicion because of his seemingly odd behavior and failure to cooperate with police. Josh has been called a person of interest by West Valley City police who have not officially declared the Susan Powell matter as anything but a missing person case with suspicious circumstances.

Monday, it was revealed that search warrants served on Josh Powell, his home and his minivan were sealed because of the ongoing investigation.

Hellewell, who has her own blog, hinted earlier this week that she believed Susan Powell had been abducted and taken out of state.

"I do have good reason to believe it, from being her best friend, but I can't tell anyone about it," she said Tuesday while noting she did not want to compromise the investigation of authorities. "I have my suspicions."

West Valley police declined comment on the blog.

Debbie Dujanovic, spokeswoman for the FBI, the agency that would typically help investigate cases that go outside the state, said, "We're not going to be making any comments regarding West Valley's case."

During Elizabeth Smart's nine-month captivity in 2002, blue ribbons were tied around nearly every street sign, mailbox, light post and car antennae in her neighborhood. There was a similar campaign of orange and yellow ribbons for Lori Hacking in 2004 and pink ribbons for the 2006 disappearance of 5-year-old Destiny Norton.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:38 am

I cannot imagine why the judge has placed a seal order on these documents.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:48 am

Her best friend is in denial. Out of state? Abducted? By HER DAMN HUSBAND!

Yes, wrap, I do believe he could dismember her. Takes a lot of time and you would get wind burned, chapped hands in the process. Not to mention the scrubbing--out, out, damn spot!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:34 am

sorry to say, no matter what color the ribbons are, IMHO Susan is not coming back home, she is gone.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:54 pm

I feel her husband will be going for the count down this weekend.
My palms are itchy. Arrest coming shortly. Whip
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:58 pm

I thought itchy palms meant you're coming into some money. In this case, I hope it means both!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:38 am

I've been keeping up with all the posts... I also believe that Josh Powell killed his wife and then disposed of her body on his "camping trip".

I'm still curious, though, about the wet spot on the floor (with the fans going)... I wonder if LE has any info on that? Could this be where he killed his wife in a fit of rage?
thinking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:02 am

Great question, Rainbow. And just what did the wet spot contain? Blood?

I think until an arrest is made (& I have to say I am dumbfounded Josh Powell has not yet been arrested) LE will keep the details of this case close to the vest.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 4 Empty Interview with Ed Smart: ‘Keep Susan Powell’s face out there, it’s what brought Elizabeth home’

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:30 am

December 30, 11:56 PMSeattle Headlines ExaminerIsabelle Zehnder

December 30, 2009 – In an exclusive phone interview with Ed Smart I asked what he believes the public can, at this time, do to help Susan Powell and he said, “Keep Susan’s face out there. It’s very, very important. It’s what brought Elizabeth home.”

Susan Powell, 28, has been missing for over three weeks. Police continue to aggressively investigate the case, following “a continuous stream of leads”. Elizabeth Smart, Ed’s daughter, went missing in June 2002 and was found alive 9 months later.

When asked if he believes police are doing everything they can to find Susan, Smart said he supports the police one-hundred percent to “develop a case that will be compelling.”

He went on to say, “Circumstantial evidence will not hold up in court. The diary found at Susan’s work, for instance, can be a pertinent piece of the puzzle when putting together this case, but alone, it’s not enough. So far, there doesn’t appear to be enough to nail this case down.”

He continued, “Not all information can be released during an investigation such as this one, especially when there are extenuating circumstances. If information is released prematurely it could cause damage to the case.”

When asked what Smart thinks about the two young children who have been without their mother for more than three weeks, he said it is his understanding Josh’s sister was helping with the kids when they were in Utah.

Now Josh Powell, Susan’s husband and the only person of interest in this case - called a ‘missing person’s case with suspicious criminal undertones’ - has moved his children just over 850 miles northwest of where the Powell family was living before Susan disappeared.

Recent news reports revealed Josh is staying with his father in his hometown of Puyallup, Washington.

Smart said, “The kids raise an interesting concern. If it’s not Josh then he has every right to have his children.” He paused and said, “But it’s troubling he left the state.”

The Internet and Social Networking – a tool or a hindrance

When asked what he thought about the social networking side of this case Smart said it is an important tool in keeping the case alive and can be used to spread information about Susan.

While the Internet can be a powerful tool, it can also be used to harm. And, if allowed, it will do harm in the Susan Powell case.

We discussed how irresponsible people can be when using the Internet. Emotions run high and they say things they would never consider saying to someone face-to-face. Yet behind their computer screens and in the comfort of their own homes they somehow feel powerful. Kind of like the driver of a Hummer who flips you off.

A few have chosen to take this dark path and have begun turning their frustrations against those closest to Susan – her friends and family.

The message is clear, Smart and I agreed. There simply is no time for this. Instead, it is time to remain focused on the task at hand – finding Susan.

No one knows where Susan is or what happened to her. She has left behind two beautiful young children who desperately need their mom.

Questions that continue to be raised

There are two main questions that continue to be asked. One, why have the police not yet arrested Josh Powell? And, two, why don’t they make him to talk, take a lie detector test, something?

Smart said he believes police have not gone after Josh because they don’t yet have the case they need - another important reason to let police take their time with their investigation into what happened to Susan Powell.

Rushing the process can lead to errors, which would not be in the best interest of those closest to Susan. But most importantly, Smart agreed, it would not be in the best interest of Susan Powell.

Ways to help

“Susan Powell Purple ribbon campaign”: Click here for more details.

“Susan Powell Social Media Blitz”: Click here for more details.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:13 am

I am curious. Is it the local police only investigating this case. Surely they have more experienced LE called in like USP or FBI with the manpower and ability to handle a case like this...don't they???
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:57 pm

Rainbow wrote:I'm still curious, though, about the wet spot on the floor (with the fans going)... I wonder if LE has any info on that? Could this be where he killed his wife in a fit of rage?
thinking

if in fact that wet spot on the floor was cleaned trying to cover her murder up they will find evidence in it. i worked at a carpet cleaning company and i learned that the padding under your carpet is never fully cleaned. (if i'm wrong please correct me) that's why even when you clean a hard spot it always kinda comes up.
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:09 pm

I am thinking the wet spot is from barf or poo(sorry).
If Susan were poisoned, she may have lost control.
I have also not heard that the spot appeared to be blood.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:40 pm

I keep thinking of that little four year old little guy missing his mother and having to answer questions to a detective. Whoever wrote the book on that.

My little guy is 3 years and 8 months and so he is close in age. I can't imagine him having to do that.

He counts on mom and dad and grandma when they are at work to love and protect him. We have loved him so long I just could not bear him having to do that. I hope he got to sit on one of the grandmas laps when they asked him questions.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:20 pm

I agree, Jeanne. Little Noah is also 3 years, 8 months. I cannot imagine my life without him and I know he would be crying out for his Mommy. This is so sad! crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisamaree44 Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:52 pm

Such a sad story. I, too, am surprised Josh has not been arrested. The wet spot on the carpet apparently does not have any DNA, since no arrest. Still can't believe he has left the area. Very strange.

lisamaree44

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:21 pm

Outta sight/Outta mind. But that won't work if he killed his wife. LE will find evidence. I am betting he left because he was afraid he would slip up around those who know him there. A lot easier to play the role of distressed husband/father to an audience of one.. especially when that one is your own parent, who is most likely going to believe every word you say, and not notice strange a behavior.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:36 am

Marica you said somewhere earlier you were familiar with Josh's church. Do you know how they would feel about his father protecting him if he knew Josh was guilty? I guess I am asking how the church would feel about all of this? Maybe I shouldn't even be asking. But if Josh is up there and his father thinks him innocent..so be it. But if his father has information that tells him Josh is guilty..is he bound?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:33 am

Great Questions, Jeanne!!!!! :clapping:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 4 Empty Missing Utah mom, Susan Powell’s family uses social media blitz to help find her

Post by Nama Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Missing Utah mom, Susan Powell’s family uses social media blitz to help find her. Beginning Monday and lasting three days, a social media blitz will be used to help find missing Utah mom, Susan Powell. Powell’s family has started a social networking media blitz that will consist of a YouTube channel with videos, a Twitter list that will receive regular tweets, and a Facebook group that will send out reminders. The goal is to get photos and videos out there to remind people about the Susan Powell missing persons case.

This is the first time that a social media blitz has been used to find a missing person. The Salt Lake City police department started to use YouTube video’s for cold cases on murders that have not been solved.
Susan Powell went missing on December 7, 2009 and her family and friends have not heard from her since. Her husband, Joshua is considered a person of interest in the case. He has not been helpful in his wife’s missing person’s case.

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 4 11-1

Wear a purple ribbon in support of Susan Powell. She has been missing for almost a month now. Starting 8:00 am Monday morning the family would like to do an online e-mail blitz.

Susan's friend Kiirsi Hellewell, asks that everyone interested in the e-mail blitz send an email to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. They will recieve an e-mail with instructions on forwarding the e-mail to 5 friends, who will hopefully forward it to 5 of their friends and so on. With the hope someone out there will recognize her, and help in her safe return.

Hellewell would also like to ask people to wear a purple ribbon, tie a purple ribbon around your trees, or attach one to your car in honor of Susan. The ribbons will last indefinitely, the online blitz will last until Thursday morning at 8:00 am.

They are hoping to get enough people to who use the popular online site Twitter, to tweet enough about Susan in order to get her on the Top-10 topics on the site. Pass this information onto as many people as you can to help with their goal.

There is a slideshow available of Susan Powell on her Facebook page "Friends and Family of Susan Powell," also on Youtube search Susan Powell.

As a mother myself, I would like to help get this mother back to her children.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread.. - Page 4 Empty Media Blitz

Post by Nama Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:52 am

I am can answer only based on what the church teaches. OK. The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints, aka The Mormon Church, based at Salt Lake City Utah. The church teaches that its' members are to comply with the doctrines of the church, the law of GOD, but equally must comply with the law of man.
If Josh's Father is true LDS, he could not, in the eyes of the church, protect him. Murder is agianst the law of GOD, and man.
This is not to say that Josh hasn't snowed his Father into believing him with what ever story he has given. But if "Dad" has common sense, he has to be as suspicious of Josh as the rest of us are.

Last edited by Marica on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:43 pm

I hate to be a pessimst but this woman is dead. Its not the same as Elizabeth Smart who was a young girl when taken. This is something else - murder IMO.
The fact that Josh moved and took his children, to me is very significant. An innocent man wouldnt take his children and move away if there was any chance his wife was alive out there - and the police Im sure are well aware of that fact. This guy is dirty and they know it. For now with no body, they have to bide their time, but Im sure they will get him.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:09 pm

God Bless Susans friends that are doing the Email Blitz. I suggested it on the Find Morgan website. It got swept under the rug. I think emails will reach tons of people everywhere. Everybody is on a computer these days. You just never know who will be found this way.

Yes Artgal..she might be gone but there is that one in a thousand.

Thanks Marica. That is kind of along the lines I was thinking. No man would ever want to think his son would kill his wife. No matter what religion.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Joshua Powell remains in Washington as social media campaign focuses on his wife.

By Nate Carlisle

The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 01/04/2010 05:24:23 PM MST

An online social media campaign being waged by friends and family of Susan Powell produced tips for police Monday, but there were no indications the missing woman's husband was taking part or planned to return to their Utah home.

Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, saw their son-in-law in Puyallup, Wash. on Sunday afternoon. Josh Powell, who has been staying with his father in Puyallup, brought his 2- and 4-year-old sons to the Cox home for a visit.

Chuck Cox said Monday he spoke only briefly with Josh Powell when he dropped off the boys.

"I said, 'If you know anything, please contact the police,' " said Chuck Cox, who had requested to see his grandchildren.

It was unclear whether Josh Powell planned to return to the couple's West Valley City home. An attorney representing him could not be reached for comment Monday.

Shelby Gifford, a friend of the Cox family, said a family-sponsored Facebook page gained about 7,000 members in nine hours of an internet blitz aimed at disseminating Susan Powell's face and story. In all, that page had about 20,000 members on Monday afternoon.

"The response has been just overwhelming," said Gifford, who added there is no information that Josh Powell is participating in the effort.

Gifford said the campaign has generated tips for police. West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said the Internet blitz and a citizen tip line netted about a dozen tips Monday.

"It's something that's new and we think it's going to be positive," said McLachlan of the Internet efforts.

Gifford declined to elaborate on the content of the tips except to say: "They're remembering things and they're bringing some information to the table that's worthy of follow-up."

Powell friend Kiirsi Hellewell said she feels closer to solving the mystery.

"I think that with two million eyes looking instead of 2,000 eyes, we have a whole lot better chance of finding something," Hellewell said Monday.

Hellewell said Joshua Powell's sister has helped the effort by supplying photographs of the missing woman that were used in slide shows posted on YouTube.

The internet effort is scheduled to end Thursday morning, and is coinciding with a ribbon campaign for Powell. Well wishers are hanging purple ribbons, Powell's favorite color, on their clothing, car antennas and trees.

Police say Joshua Powell told them he last saw his wife about 12:30 a.m. on Dec. 7, when he took their sons and left for a camping trip in Tooele County. West Valley City police have identified Joshua Powell as the only person of interest in the case.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:11 pm

"Susan Powell Social Media Blitz": It's gone viral! Read what people are saying and ways to help
January 4, 3:37 PM

January 4, 2010 -The "Susan Powell Social Media Blitz" and "Susan Powell Purple Ribbon Campaign" are in full swing.

And, as Susan’s friends and family hoped and prayed, it’s going viral!

This is only day one and their Facebook page has gone from 15,000 Members this morning to over 20,300 Members early this afternoon. And counting … every time I refresh the page the numbers grow.

Susan Powell, the world is praying and will rejoice when you return home safely! Thousands of comments are popping up on the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page.

The one that stuck out the most in my mind was the one from Eric Bjorklund in Portland, Oregon, when he said, "... Josh Bring her home." Could it be that easy?

The message that comes through loud and clear, from messages posted around this nation and around the world, is, "Josh Powell, if you know where your wife is and if you can, please bring her home."

And now there are people from all over the world sending their thoughts and support to Susan and her family.

Today NewYorkNews.com reported, the campaigns have "swept across the globe". A Facebook user Troy wrote on the group's wall, "We are in full swing here in Ireland and to friends in Finland; I got the purple ribbon on my car with the missing person flyer in my car window."

Here are but a few of the tens of thousands of comments popping up on the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page:

Kathleen Braden from Texas posted, "Just saw the News! My thoughts & prayers go out to Susan's friends & family! I hope she is found & unharmed! Thoughts & Prayers from the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!"

Danielle Campbell from San Diego, Calif., said, "San Diego is praying for Susan, her children and her parents!"

Charlotte K. Elliott from Denmark wrote, "Thoughts and support from Copenhagen."

Jessica Tapscott from Virginia said, "My thoughts and prayers are with Susan, her children, parents and friends... I pray for her safe return. God is great and anything is possible with having him in our lives... Prayers and lots of love from Virginia."

Linda B Reich-Gordon Brown said from Florida, "My Thoughts and Prayers go out to her two small children and the rest of her Family and Pray for her safe return. Please bring Justice to the one person who is hiding any information from the Law Inforcement to bring Susan Home. The Brown Family, South Florida."

Ehrin Sherman Simanski from Maine wrote, "My husband and I pray for her safe return. Thoughts and hugs from Maine."

Debra Taylor-Pope from Indiana said, "Wishing a safe return for those kids and her family and all the friends who love her from Indiana!"

Chrissy Solt wrote from Utah, "My heart is with you all!!! I am praying for her that she may be found and may be safely returning home!!!! I live in North Salt Lake and want to help any way I can!!"

Tara Bir ? from Germany said, "My thoughts and Prayers are with her family at this hard time. From Heidelberg Germany."

Nancy Cruse from Pennsylvania wrote, "I will be hoping to see you reunited with your precious sons. May you all find peace in your loving thoughts of this beautiful young lady! From Central PA."

Cherell Smith Christensen wrote from Wyoming, "This site gives me chills it is wonderful to see how everyone can pull together looking and praying for your Suzan, I hope and also pray that you find her and she makes it home safe! Thoughts and Prayers from Wyoming."

From Tennessee, Kellye Griffin Proctor wrote, "Praying hard in Nashville, TN!!"

Coming from sunny California, Hugo Rojo Figueroa said, "Thoughts and Prayers from Woodland, CA."

Michelle Steele Merz from Ohio wrote, "Our thoughts and prayers for the Powell family for Susan safe return...from Ohio."

From Wash., Susan's home state, Steve Grothe said, "My thoughts and prayers are with you for a safe return Susan. From Bothell, WA."

From Massachusetts Evelyn Ramos wrote, "THOUGHS AND PRAYERS FROM SPRINGFIELD,MA."

Jeanne Siegel wrote from Wyoming, "Prayers from Wyoming that she will return to her family."

From Tennessee Dana Ferguson Beech wrote, "Thoughts and prayers from Memphis, TN..."

This comes from Utah, just around the corner from where Susan lived when she disappeared, Jamie Riley Hunter said, "This poor woman and her children! What it must be like to not have any answers! I live in Murray, UT, right around the corner from WVC, I have been following this story and I pray for her and her little boys!!"

And from the great state of New York, Margaret Bunkoff said, "Prayers for a safe return from Albany, New York."

From Alabama Teresa Childress Peed wrote, "From Alabama...My Prayers are with you all...."

Krista Young-Phillippe from Wisconsin said, "Our hopes and prayers are with susan and her friends and family! Sending love from Wisconsin and a safe return of susan!"

Coming from Oregon Eric Bjorklund said, "I wish there was more I could do. Portland Oregon has our thoughts and prayers out to Susan and her family. Josh Bring her home."

From the Virgin Islands, Norma Iris Rodriguez said, "My name is Norma I. Rodriguez and I live in St.Croix Virgin Islands, and I read her story in msn, my family and I are praying for her safe return. May her family find comfort with her sons and may God return her safely to them. You are in our thoughts and prayers."

Get in on the "Blitz!" For official instructions click here.

There is a "Comments" section below. If you would like to post your words of support here they will be passed along to the family.

You are encouraged to sign up as a member on the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page and leave your thoughts, comments, and prayers there.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Artgal, I unfortunately agree with you and I am beyond shocked that Josh Powell is still walking the streets and now moving to Washington State.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:20 pm

I am in tears seeing all these people all around the world that care about Susan and her boys.
Such a comfort for friends and family. crying
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Josh moving to WA isn't a big deal. Both his family and Susan's family live there and it's probably a good move for the children. I don't think this media blitz is going to help find Susan; I doubt that she's at a mall or drinking a Mocha at Starbucks. Susan will probably be found next spring by a hiker when the snow melts.....right where Josh hid her body. JMHO
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:53 pm

I agree BJ! I didnt realize that both families of the children lived in Washington.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 pm

I
don't think this media blitz is going to help find Susan; I doubt that she's at a mall or drinking a Mocha at Starbucks.

Maybe in heaven walking the streets of gold while her husband is headed for that "other" place...

I keep hoping that he just kidnapped her being a control freak and maybe hid her somewhere as a prisoner since he probably didn't want a divorce...and she will either somehow get out or be found alive.

I know better, but hope springs eternal. I can't imagine how much her family must be hoping against all odds that she will be found alive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:56 pm

After a certain period of time, I think you pretty much know but cant admit it to yourself. Its easier to deal
with having hope that none at all. I believe eventually they will get him, but those two little boys, how terrible for their futures.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 pm

artgal16 wrote:After a certain period of time, I think you pretty much know but cant admit it to yourself. Its easier to deal
with having hope that none at all. I believe eventually they will get him, but those two little boys, how terrible for their futures.

Yeah, what a legacy. My daddy murdered my mommy. Did I inherit a murderer's genes? They gotta get those boys some counseling. What the hey though. O.J. got custody of his kids.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:35 pm

I think that if the spot were blood they would have arrested him. If it was vomit then its a lot more problematic for the police to make something of.
I dont think they can do much more than probably get a court order at some time and try tapping his phone.
In his case, unlike Scott Peterson I dont see another woman involved though.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 am

I also agree with Artgal & BJ that Susan is most likely dead. However, I think the media blitz is important because it is keeping this case in the spotlight. This will, hopefully, put pressure on Josh to confess.

I'm sure he moved away with the hopes that things would eventually "die down" and people would forget. So, I say... keep up the search for Susan!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:30 am

I have said from the get go that Susan is dead and he killed her or hired someone to do it.

I cannot imagine moving away IF he were innocent. Any of us who had a missing husband or wife would not, in less than a month, move to another state. We would be out there searching and doing whatever it took to find our spouse.

That is, if we Wanted to find them. I think he is guilty and just wants to get the kids back to where he started from and move on with his life.

Unfortunately, he has a wife and the mother of his children that is MISSING. WHY the move NOW? frying pan frying pan frying pan Whip Whip Whip
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:40 am

I don't think a man with a missing wife should leave the area where she went missing either. Wouldn't an innocent person stay and continue to search, unless he knows that she's never coming back. It doesn't matter where he moves; LE is watching him like a hawk. There is no where for him to hide.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next