Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Post by Nama on Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:40 pm

BJ wrote:Where is Josh Powell's mother?
I'm answering my own question. LOL

Steve Powell, when denying the claims against him, said his daughter “rejected him” following his divorce from his ex-wife, Terrica Powell, in 1992. He said that he and Josh Powell feel “under siege” by the bevy of false allegations against them.
Steve Powell said his relationship with Graves (his daughter, Jennifer) has been dicey because he and his other children are not devout members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The relationship ceased all together, he said, when Graves visited Puyallup a year and a half ago and confronted both Steve and Josh Powell about whether they were involved in Susan Powell’s disappearance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Powell case leaves family fractured

Post by Nama on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Susan Powell said her father-in-law belittled her and pressured his son not to attend Mormon church services, said Josh Powell’s sister, Jennifer Graves, in a Friday interview. In the weeks leading up to Susan’s disappearance, Josh and his father spent hours on the phone several times a week, Graves said, and the couple’s strained relationship grew worse.

Graves and her husband, Kirk, say Steve Powell knows what happened to his daughter-in-law and encouraged his son to repeat abusive behavior he once displayed to his own wife, Terrica. Steve Powell, in a flurry of website postings this week, has pointed back at his daughter as a liar.

Strained relationships » Washington court documents from the 1992 divorce show a divided household with the Powells’ five children —Jennifer, now 36; Josh, now 34; John, now 33; Michael, now 28; and Alina, now 25 — siding with different parents.

Jennifer Graves, 18 when her parents divorced, wrote in court documents she feared her father would hurt her mother. She described calling police once after a family argument in which her brothers and father tried to grab court affidavits away from her mom, pushing her in the process. She wrote Steve Powell later tried to talk to her and her sister, Alina.

“Dad came in and started talking to Alina. He said, ‘You didn’t really think I was going to hurt mom, did you?’ She said, ‘Well, yes. I was scared,’ ” Graves wrote. “And she really was scared. She was screaming and crying hysterically when Dad and the boys were grabbing mom and trying to get the envelopes ... she was terrified, and my dad was trying to convince her that nothing had really happened.”

Steven Powell was not charged with any crime in connection with that incident and has never been charged with abuse of any kind toward his children or wife.

Graves also wrote in the documents her father used to make her and her siblings lie in a bathtub filled with cold water when they wet the bed as young children. She said her younger siblings also behaved better when her father was not around.

Steven Powell treated his wife “like dirt,” Graves said Friday, belittling her over what she made for dinner, how she cleaned the house, and a laundry list of other nitpicking Graves categorizes as emotionally abusive.

Josh Powell wrote in court documents at age 16 that he wanted to live with his father, a furniture salesman, after his parents’ split. He said his mother appeared to not want custody of him and his brothers and wrote that he worried that his other siblings wouldn’t be in an emotionally stable environment with his mom.

He wrote that his mother and her relatives lectured him about “not being better Mormons and not believing what we’re supposed to.”

“We also seem to do an awful amount of arguing over religion and where and when we have to go to church and what we have to believe. She goes to the Mormon, and I feel that it is a lot of scare tactics and brain washing and think the younger kids should be protected from that,” Josh wrote.

By the time Josh attended Eastern Washington University from 1997 to 1998, he had moved in with his mom again and wrote that “her home was a good, loving environment and my siblings and I can count on her when we need her,” court records state.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:51 am

Dana Rebik
Q13 Fox News reporter
3:03 p.m. MDT, August 26, 2011

PUYALLUP—
Josh Powell received a motion Friday afternoon ordering him to cease publishing and distributing the diaries of his missing wife, Susan Cox Powell..

Served at his current residence in Puyallup, where Josh lives with his father Steve and his two sons, the motion was filed by Susan's parents, Charles and Judy Cox.

Powell had previously released diary entries in an effort to prove that his wife was promiscuous and mentally unstable. Susan has been missing since December 2009 and Josh has been a person of interest as police continue their investigation into the case.

Thursday, Steve Powell was served a warrant to search his home.

Josh Powell told Q13 FOX News that the warrant specified investigators were looking for physical journals and digital media that would contain Susan's diaries.

He also said that he had offered the diaries to the West Valley City police previously, but they had declined his offer. He said that he believes the diaries will exonerate him rather than implicate him in his wife's disappearance.

Josh also called the current tactics — coming to Puyallup and having an evidence trailer outside the house — as "show boating."

He was also upset that police removed his computer towers and monoitors, rather than using the passwords he provided them to investigate on-site and leave his computer equipment in the home.

Recently, Steve Powell spoke with NBC and said that he and his daughter-in-law had a sexual relationship. The Cox family firmly denies this allegation.

When asked about his father's comments, Josh Powell reiterated that his wife was flirtatious, sexual and had been emotionally abused as a child.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:55 am

“We also seem to do an awful amount of arguing over religion and where and when we have to go to church and what we have to believe. She goes to the Mormon, and I feel that it is a lot of scare tactics and brain washing and think the younger kids should be protected from that,” Josh wrote.
Cannot even Stand the word!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:22 am

He was also upset that police removed his computer towers and monoitors, rather than using the passwords he provided them to investigate on-site and leave his computer equipment in the home.

Too bad--so sad!! la la la
lisette

Back to top Go down

Normal Steven Powell, aka Steve Chantrey, gets creepier

Post by Nama on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:31 am

More audio at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:20 pm

This is one sick pervert. Who writes things like that for their DIL?? "You Were My First Love????" Barf

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Sick pervert is right!!! If the two of them were "in love" as he now claims why would she run away with another man as they claim....

Words from his own mouth have made me wonder if he is the culprit responsible for what happened to Susan. Could he have shown up that day/night raped her and when she fought back murdered her and then had his son leave with the two kids while he is the one who disposed of her body???
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Steve Powell, is repeatedly accusing Susan Powell of being promiscuous, and even bisexual. First of all, it shouldn't matter whether or not she was any of those things; but his allegations are sickening and far-out. In fact, if one were to believe this obviously dirty old man, they would think that Susan was shagging every member of the Powell family. All but Josh's mother has been accused of having sex with the missing Utah woman.

Steve Powell is doing nothing to help the family by making these sickening and scandalous claims. In fact, he's only painting a pretty twisted picture of his own family. It seems that this man, in his own way, is trying to protect his family. He needs to stop. He's not helping.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:34 pm

laga wrote:Sick pervert is right!!! If the two of them were "in love" as he now claims why would she run away with another man as they claim....

Words from his own mouth have made me wonder if he is the culprit responsible for what happened to Susan. Could he have shown up that day/night raped her and when she fought back murdered her and then had his son leave with the two kids while he is the one who disposed of her body???
Laga, I think after "the pervert" went on national television along w/Josh & made those defamatory statements about Susan, that is WHY LE searched their home. I think that just Maybe LE and the FBI suspect the Exact scenario you mentioned.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Josh Powell maintains that he had nothing to do with the 2009 disappearance of his "unstable" and "very sexual" wife.

"Everyone who knows me knows that I would never hurt her and I would never hurt my boys," Powell said in said in an interview with ABC News. "I would never hurt anyone."

Steven Powell, Susan Powell's father-in-law, told ABC News that he and his son's wife had a highly flirtatious relationship that Josh didn't know about. He alleged that his missing daughter-in-law would frequently make passes at him and that he had a relationship with her that was "a little beyond the pale."

"There was really a disconnect between the Susan who was a faithful, loving wife, and the Susan who was a very flirtatious, sexual being," Steven Powell told ABC News' "Good Morning America." "Father-in-law - daughter-in-law flirting with each other, maybe some sexual touching or whatever. And-- I enjoyed it, frankly. Susan was a joy to be around in so many ways, not just those ways."

Powell described his missing wife as an erratic and depressive person who contemplated suicide at several points in her life and would leave the house barely dressed.

"She has walked out the front door in her underwear, starting walking down the street," Powell said. "And at the time when all this stuff was happening, it was mortifying to me. And I was trying to stop it. ... I've tried to protect her from doing things that I thought might embarrass her or our family, in that respect."

Powell told ABC News that he felt his wife might still be alive. Though he said that he was unaware of any time that his wife was unfaithful to him, he wondered if she left him and their two young children for another man.

"She's a very sexual person," he said.

Josh Powell's characterization of his wife was supported by his father, Steven Powell, who spoke with ABC News about his relationship with his daughter-in-law – one that he claims was very flirtatious. He also says that the two were in love.

He told ABC News that his son was unaware of the relationship he says he had with his daughter-in-law.

"Josh wasn't aware of a lot of these things at first because the first two or three years of his marriage -- it was really pretty much not something that really came to light," Steven Powell told ABC News. "We interacted in a lot of sexual ways because Susan enjoys doing that."

Steven Powell plans to post his daughter-in-law's teenage journals on the website SusanPowell.org; according to the Salt Lake Tribune, he says that the journals show that his daughter-in-law is capable of walking out on her husband and their two sons.

He has publicly theorized that she disappeared with a man from St. George, Utah, who disappeared from a Christmas party abruptly the same night she vanished.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:13 pm

If I was a man and my father talked about my missing wife in such a disrespectful manner I'd punch his lights out. What's wrong with Josh? I think they're in this together and both know where Susan is. What a couple of Pigs!

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:11 pm

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:16 pm

Questions arise over relationship between Susan Powell and father-in-law

With police searching the Washington home of Josh and Steve Powell, new information has arisen about Steve's relationship with his missing daughter-in-law Susan Cox Powell, including songs written and performed by Steve.
continue at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:22 pm

OMG I feel so for Susan's parents! Josh is more of a wimp than I thought he was. His father makes me sick, sick, sick. How dare he (daddy) talk about Susan like he is! He has ZERO regard for her family, he's a selfish sick pervert! No wonder his little wimpy son ran home to Daddy, he's probably a miniature form of him. Poor Susan, what she must have gone thru' w/ that sicking FIL! Those poor, poor little boys living with that man! I so hope the Cox family goes to court to file for emergency permanent custody of those boys, they do not belong in that sick, sick household.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:29 pm

I agree Raine, someone from DCS needs to step in and remove those boys from that household. steve's own words make the case for the removal, that is one sick, pervert and I am more and more convinced he is guilty of doing something to Susan to cause her disappearance.
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:43 pm

I cannot Stand listening to that perv either talking or singing. OMG, he is despicable!! In fact, I am at a loss to come up with a word that fits him.

And, what is this crap about Susan liking to talk about sex to validate her self esteem? WTH does that mean?

I want to take that wimp, Josh, and his sick f**k of a father and beat them to a pulp! angry

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:45 pm

I want to take that wimp, Josh, and his sick f**k of a father and beat them to a pulp!

I'm right there with you on that, Wrap!!! angry
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:54 pm

Me too. Honestly I don't know why somebody hasn't beat the hell out of him (Dad especially) yet. Good thing I don't live next door to him.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:57 am

Yeah, me too. I can't stand to hear either of their voices.
And I don't for one minute believe Susan would go out of the house wearing only underwear. Josh is going straight to hell for the things he says about Susan and his nasty father will too.
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Normal A lot of dirt, and some news, kicked up in latest Powell flurry

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:31 am

By Tim Fitzpatrick

The Salt Lake Tribune
First published Aug 27 2011 05:38PM
Updated Aug 27, 2011 11:42PM

On Aug. 18, West Valley City police put out a news release intended to rekindle interest in the Susan Powell case.

I guess that worked.

In the 10 days since, we’ve had a media caravan to Ely, Nev., news helicopters hovering over a search in Washington state and tawdry accusations making a big splash on “The Today Show.”

But it’s hard to say we’re any closer to knowing what happened to Susan Powell.

“Were we used by police? That depends on your perspective ... ” says Melinda Rogers, the Tribune reporter who has covered the Powell case from the beginning. “Sure, we didn’t get the scoop of the century on what’s imminent in the Powell investigation, which probably ticked off a lot of readers (and a few of us journalists on the scene, frankly), but at least we learned something, which was that police are still getting new information about the case and it has not gone cold.”

It’s our job in the media to be discriminating about the information we receive. When West Valley police invited us to Nevada, they said the tip they were following was “credible” and “important.” But it was clear from an awkward news conference in Ely that they had oversold their news.

More challenging than the Nevada goose chase were the ethical dilemmas triggered by accusations about Susan’s relationship with her father-in-law.

The allegations, that Steve Powell may have had a sexual interest in his daughter-in-law, were not new to us. The whispers were out there when news of her disappearance broke in late 2009, and our reporters tried hard then to establish both their truthfulness and their relevance to Susan’s disappearance. But Susan’s family would not address the accusations publicly then, and while Steve’s son Josh was named as a person of interest in the case, Steve was not. His connection was tangential.

That changed after this latest flurry brought new attention to Steve Powell, who asserted on “The Today Show” and elsewhere that it was Susan who had a sexual interest in him. That was enough for Susan’s family members and friend to finally go public with their version, that Susan told them Steve had made unwanted sexual advances toward her.

Rogers detailed those accusations in a story that ran in Wednesday morning’s Tribune, but only after the reporter and her editors went through a painstaking process to establish that they were reporting all facts, and only facts that could be related to Susan Powell’s disappearance. They knew they had to be fair to Susan, the one person whose voice hasn’t been heard.

By Thursday, police had obtained a search warrant for Steve Powell’s Puyallup, Wash., home. Was it related to the accusations that spilled out in the last week? No one is saying.

“Has this case gotten ugly? Absolutely,” says Rogers. “But I do think we have a duty to report on developments about the only person of interest in the case, and in this case the most recent developments are that [Josh’s] father possibly had a motive for involvement in Susan’s disappearance, according to some.”

It may be some time before we know how important the past 10 days were in the search for Susan Powell.

As always, we give you the best information we have without knowing where it will lead. The classic example came on the morning of March 12, 2003, when The Tribune ran a story about a new theory in the 9-month-old disappearance of a 14-year-old girl. The theory was that she was taken by a street preacher who had earlier been brought to the girl’s home to work. That afternoon, Elizabeth Smart was found with Brian David Mitchell in Sandy.

Not all stories get a happy ending, and it’s too early to write the ending for this one. In the meantime, we will continue to sort through the mud to give you some clarity.

Tim Fitzpatrick is deputy editor of The Salt Lake Tribune. He can be reached at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Where's Josh Powell?

Post by Nama on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:20 am

Reported by: Marcos Ortiz - ABC4.com
Saturday while in Puyallup I learned Josh Powell had disappeared the night before from his father's home. "He went camping," said Steven his father. Not only did he go camping but he took off near midnight with his two children. "That's Josh," said his father. Steven Powell said he will do that on a moments notice. for those who have been following the disappearance of Susan Powell, Josh claims he went camping around midnight on a wintery night with his two children. It was the same night Susan disappeared.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Steve Powell: "many of the items authorities seized could be perceived as “embarrassing.”

Post by Nama on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:28 am

What is with this man? What does he stand to gain from all these implications he's making about him and Susan?

Just a day or so after police searched his Puyallup, Wash. home, Steve Powell, the father-in-law of missing Utah woman Susan Powell, said many of the items authorities seized could be perceived as “embarrassing.”

Steve Powell told the Deseret News that during the exhaustive search, police seized items of his, including photos, journals and videos, which may prove to be “embarrassing.” He said, he wished he'd “removed some things from the house so they wouldn't have been taken...”

Continue reading on Examiner.com Susan Powell case: Steve Powell says police seized 'embarrassing' items - National Crime | Examiner.com [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:49 am

Speechless!!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 am

Where's Josh?

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) – It was deju vu for Josh Powell Saturday.

At the stroke of midnight, he abruptly left his Puyallup Washington home with his two boys in tow.
more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:08 am

This was Saturday? I hope that he has returned by now...And I pray that he doesn't find the need to "disappear" those boys because of what they can tell about what they know...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:17 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:23 am

As the ONLY POI in this case, and due to Josh going on national television spewing his lies, I would think that he would be being watched. Therefore, if he takes off camping at midnight or any time of day or night, it stands to reason he Should be tailed. If no one is doing so, this speaks Volumes.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:05 pm

I am frightened for the two Powell children. Hope God is watching over them. Josh is a dangerous person, MOO, and I too hope he's being followed. praying
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:11 pm

I also hope he's being tailed. I would think there would be media at least hanging around his house.
I think that idiot thinks this will help his alibi if now, two years later he leaves at midnight to go 'camping'. What a moron.
I hope the Cox's will go after those children.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:39 am

Maybe this camping trip will trigger a spark in the oldest child and he will remember more about what happened the night his Mommy disappeared. And maybe he will find a way to let LE know he has remembered something.

Fingers crossed.
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:54 am

Susan Powell's parents question Josh's motives for midnight camping (video)

Cindy Adams, Crime Examiner
September 2, 2011

Salt Lake City, Ut. - On Wednesday, the parents of missing Utah woman Susan Powell spoke out about their son-in-law and the midnight camping trip he reportedly went on with his sons over the weekend. The late-night venture mirrors what Josh claims to have been doing when his wife, Susan, vanished. The couple also discussed Susan's father-in-law and his recent claims about their daughter.

Josh, the only person of interest in Susan's disappearance, told authorities the December 2009 night his wife vanished he and his two young sons – ages 2 and 4 at the time – were on a camping trip in freezing cold temperatures in the remote Tooele County, Ut. desert area at around midnight. He claims they slept in a minivan and that when they returned home the next day, Susan, 28, was gone.

Powell rented a car two days later and drove hundreds of miles in the vehicle – offering no viable no explanation to police. Only a month later, Powell packed up his children and moved from his Utah home to the Puyallup, Washington area.

Only a week ago, dozens of authorities searched the Washington home shared by Josh and his father, Steven Powell, leaving with bagged items, presumably thought to be evidence in connection to Susan's disappearance.

In speaking with Fox's Megyn Kelly, Chuck and Judy Cox addressed Steve's recent allegations that he and Susan had a sexual relationship and the desire of Josh and his father to publish Susan's private journal entries.

The couple also questions what Josh is trying to prove by taking his two young sons on a wilderness outing, similar to what he claims to have been doing when their daughter, Susan, vanished.

Anyone with information regarding Susan Powell's whereabouts or her disappearance is urged to call the West Valley City Police Dept. at 801-840-4000.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:43 am

I heard that creepy monotone song Susan's father-in-law recordered.
That has got to stand out to LE as a RED FLAG (and not just the weirdest shit they ever heard...)

It reminded me of the recording Nancy Garrido made of Phillip singing as she focused the camera on the little girls playing behind him.

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:58 am

HippyChick2 wrote:I am frightened for the two Powell children. Hope God is watching over them. Josh is a dangerous person, MOO, and I too hope he's being followed. praying

Actually those little boys need lots of prayers. Josh might have gotten away with the perfect crime but he also might have two witnesses ...his two sons...

Dangerous, very dangerous.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Normal SusanPowell.org

Post by Nama on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:22 am

Check out all the pages on this link! This is where the Powell family wants to post Susan's diary entries.

Jennifer and Kirk Graves ousted from family
because of her hysterical behavior

On Friday evening, January 22, 2010 at 6:00 p.m., Jennifer and Kirk Graves showed up unannounced at Steve Powell's home in Puyallup, Washington. Jennifer and Kirk Graves' visit to Steve Powell's home was highly unusual for either of them, and Kirk Graves has never been to Steve Powell's home in his life. This is due to Jennifer Graves' 20-year hatred of her father, Steve Powell..........much more on link.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Why I Chose to Talk about Steve Powell

Post by Nama on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:44 am

About this Blog
Susan Cox Powell disappeared from her home in West Valley City, Utah, under suspicious circumstances on Sunday night, December 6, 2009.

Susan is a beautiful, vibrant, friendly girl who loves life and people and most of all, loves her two little boys, 5-year-old Charlie and 3-year-old Braden. Her family needs her back. Her friends need her to come home. But most of all, her little boys need their mother.

This blog was created to spread awareness of Susan and her story. WE NEED YOU!! The more eyes and ears looking for Susan, the sooner we will find her.

About me: I am one of Susan’s many friends, Kiirsi Hellewell, and I want my friend back more than anything.

« Utter Depravity
Why I Chose to Talk about Steve Powell
August 23, 2011 by Kiirsi

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:21 am

BJ wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Check out all the pages on this link! This is where the Powell family wants to post Susan's diary entries.

Jennifer and Kirk Graves ousted from family
because of her hysterical behavior

On Friday evening, January 22, 2010 at 6:00 p.m., Jennifer and Kirk Graves showed up unannounced at Steve Powell's home in Puyallup, Washington. Jennifer and Kirk Graves' visit to Steve Powell's home was highly unusual for either of them, and Kirk Graves has never been to Steve Powell's home in his life. This is due to Jennifer Graves' 20-year hatred of her father, Steve Powell..........much more on link.
BJ, for some odd reason, we've both been reading that exact site tonight, I'm almost done and I'm angry. Steve/Josh Powell are both disgusting, bottom of the barrel low lifes! The way they trash Susan's parents, Susan, not to mention their own daughter/sister Jennifer Graves as you've noted above is sickening.
This is a must read!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:33 pm

The longer this goes on, the more bizarre things are coming out about this sick family. I'm almost afraid to imagine what will come out next in the news.

Susan has been gone far too long and I wish they would put that sick Josh creature in jail, and away from those two boys.
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:42 pm

It sounds like grandpa may need it too.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Susan Powell’s family files suit to keep journals off Web permanently

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:36 am

BY MELINDA ROGERS
The Salt Lake Tribune

First published Sep 02 2011 06:29PM
Updated Sep 2, 2011 11:54PM

To one family, the diaries are a reminder of a missing daughter whose husband has seemingly trampled her reputation since she disappeared.

To another family, childhood journals of Susan Cox Powell show evidence that points to why the 28-year-old mother of two vanished inexplicably on Dec. 6, 2009 — and why the public should stop asking them what happened to her.

Now, a Washington judge is set to wade into family discord between Powell’s two families. Susan Powell’s parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, have filed a civil lawsuit against her husband, Josh Powell, and several of his relatives who have maintained a website at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and threatened to post entries from an estimated 2,000 pages of childhood diary entries retrieved from the woman’s possessions.

For months, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been a sounding board for the Powells to air frustrations connected to the search for Susan Powell — in particular, with what they see as "attacks" from the Coxes and Josh Powell’s sister Jennifer Graves, who all have questioned whether Josh Powell has provided West Valley City police with all he knows about his 28-year-old wife’s disappearance. The site took a racier turn when the Powells posted an entry that suggested Susan Powell may have run away with Steven Koecher, a St. George man who was last seen in Henderson, Nev., days after Susan Powell disappeared.

And the Powells’ website reached new heights of controversy last month when Steve Powell announced plans to publish excerpts from Susan Powell’s childhood journals to show she had a history of mental instability and was capable of leaving her two young children behind to start a new life with another man.

Her family in Washington immediately fought back, calling the Powells’ plans to post the woman’s childhood diaries an invasion of privacy. The Coxes retained high-profile Seattle attorney Anne Bremner to represent them in the case filed in Tacoma’s Pierce County Superior Court, where they won a small victory Aug. 26 when a judge temporarily barred the Powells from publishing Susan Powell’s diaries online.

The order stated that Josh and Steve Powell — in addition to Josh’s siblings Alina and Michael — must stop posting entries and remove the woman’s diaries from the website. They also were ordered to stop disseminating copies of Susan Powell’s journals to the media.

But a temporary restraining order is a far cry from a permanent injunction: a legal order that would prevent the Powells from continuing to post what the Coxes view as inflammatory entries on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] A hearing on the issue is scheduled for Sept. 9.

The judge may be hard-pressed to grant such a request, said David Fischer, an attorney and adjunct professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.

"The courts and Congress, for that matter, have seen that the Internet is this great new vehicle for robust free speech and they don’t want to chill free speech on the Internet," said Fischer, an expert on invasion-of-privacy issues. He added that the legal system isn’t set up to stop defamation before it happens. "We do not restrain people from saying really bad stuff. Rather, we allow them to say it, then we sue them for defamation.

"Until that happens [a defamation suit], it is very hard to restrain [people] from publishing something defamatory," he said. "I think it will be a challenge for the family to stop [the Powells] from publishing."

Fischer said attorneys for Josh Powell can argue that Susan Powell did not have a "reasonable expectation of privacy" when she left her journals in her home. And because the two were married, there’s a possibility that she shared her diaries with her husband, essentially making the materials Josh Powell’s property, too.

"Let’s say I am married to you and you have a diary. In my relationship with you as husband and wife, how did I get my hands on the diary? How do I know where your diary is? How did I find it? Did I go into your drawers where you keep your personal clothing? If you shared with me as your husband your diary, it’s kind of mine, too," he said.

"If I can make the argument that the diary is my right also, it gives me more right as the husband of Susan Powell to post it."

Bremner plans to argue on behalf of the Coxes that the family has suffered mental anguish as a result of their daughter’s diaries being posted on the website, and that they will suffer irreparable harm if the postings continue.

"There’s been so much out there right now that’s untrue that’s been put forth by Steven and Josh Powell," Bremner said in an interview with a Seattle radio station. "Susan was a teenager with these journals. It doesn’t show anything. She was a good wife and a good mother who would have never left her children."

Cox said this week he believes he can successfully argue he has suffered personal anguish as a result of the Powells’ website.

"You have the right to your privacy. If daddy gave you a spanking or whatever, if husband and wife yell at each other, most people don’t want that on the evening news," Cox said. "[Susan Powell’s diaries refer] to me, my wife, my daughter, her sisters ... it’s an invasion of our privacy. Susan never authorized that and we never authorized that and it’s a violation of our constitutional rights."

At least two journal entries were sent to The Salt Lake Tribune by Steve Powell. Several other media outlets across the country also received emails containing the documents. Written on school notebook paper, the entries are dated from 1996 to 1998 — when Susan Powell was 14 to 16 years old — and discuss typical teenage angst: fights with parents and schoolyard crushes.

Steve Powell, however, has said that his daughter-in-law’s diaries show she was emotionally abused by her parents. He points to a diary entry in which Susan Powell wrote about taking too much ibuprofen, which Steve Powell has characterized as a suicide attempt.

Cox has said that his daughter did take too much over-the-counter headache medicine on one occasion as a teenager, and the family took her to an emergency room. She was released, and the episode was not a suicide attempt, he said. Susan Powell wrote in her journal that she had not tried to kill herself, but rumors had spread around school, which frustrated her.

The Powells have removed some entries from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] following the judge’s order, including an entry penned by Brittainy Cornett, one of the woman’s high school friends. Cornett wrote that she was sorry Susan Powell had gotten into an argument with Powell’s mother when the two made dinner together. Steve and Josh Powell alleged that the letter showed Judy Cox "emotionally abused" her daughter — claims disputed by the Coxes and their attorney.

Fischer said another challenging aspect of the Coxes’ case against the Powells is Susan Powell’s unknown fate. He cited cases of families whose loved ones died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks who successfully sued to not have recordings of their loved ones’ last words aired. But those cases may be more sympathetic to a court than Susan Powell’s case, which remains a mystery, he said.

"We do have a concept of invasion of privacy in the case of a dead person. There are issues of emotional distress for living family members," Fischer said. "Who knows whether [Susan Powell] is lost, who knows whether she’s kidnapped, who knows whether she’s dead? It may be a reason for a judge to say, ‘I’ll let you publish a certain amount of stuff, but I’m going to put under court seal certain things that I will decide you cannot publish.’ It’s up to the judge."

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:49 am

Susan Cox Powell: Case update; allegations she was promiscuous confronted

Isabelle Zehnder, Missing Persons Examiner
September 2, 2011

PUYALLUP, Washington (Isabelle Zehnder reporting) -- Prominent Seattle trial attorney for Stafford Frey Cooper and national TV legal analyst, Anne Bremner, appeared on Fox News Wednesday with Chuck and Judy Cox to discuss allegations that the Coxes' missing daughter, Susan Cox Powell, was promiscuous, had initiated an inappropriate sexual relationship with her father-in-law, Steve Powell, and had run off with another man.

The allegations came from Susan's husband, Josh Powell, and his father Steve Powell aka Steve Chantrey.

Susan went missing Dec. 2009. West Valley City Police Lt. Bill Merritt confirmed Thursday that Josh Powell remains the only person of interest in her disappearance.

Father-in-law admits he was in love Susan, contradicts himself

Steve Powell admits he was in love with Susan and that they had an inappropriate father-in-law / daughter-in-law relationship. His son Josh told the Today Show that Steve and Susan never told him about it.

Steve Powell has recently admitted he was in love with Susan and said that they flirted with each other. He went so far as to say, "Frankly sometimes I wished that we had done a little bit more than we did," Deseret News reports.

Yet in a KOMO News report dated Aug. 26, Steve Powell said Susan became upset when his advances toward her became increasingly overt. "When I took liberties or whatever, she became very upset and accused me of hitting on her," he said.

In another article also dated Aug. 26, Steve seems to contradict himself when he told KING 5 News, "Maybe a year or two, a couple of years of her approaching me and being the one initiating things and trying to titillate me and get my attention and so on," said Steven Powell.

"Yeah," Steve said. "I became very interested in her and I will say it probably developed into maybe an obsession, I admit, on my part."

Inside Edition reported Wednesday that Steve told the Today Show, "I wasn't going to turn down an opportunity with this beautiful woman, even though she was my son's wife. I’m sorry - she is just a wonderful person – and, I enjoyed it."

The KOMO News article states Steve admitted he had written love songs about Susan, something many had only suspected until Sandy Crain-Anderson, who was a close friend of Steve's for many years, said in an Aug. 21 Examiner.com article that the songs on his website were written about Susan.

In an Aug. 26 MSNBC Today Show interview Steve said, “She [Susan] was open to me sexually, mentally, whatever,” and said Susan often tried to seduce him and admits he made sexual advances toward Susan.

Husband claims he didn't know

Josh said during the Today Show interview, “Susan never told me about any inappropriate relationship. My dad never told me about any inappropriate relationship.”

Even though Steve admitted Friday that Susan was upset over his advances, and Josh admitted his father and his wife never told him they were involved in an inappropriate relationship with one another, the Powell men still contend aside from her sexual desires for Steve, Susan was promiscuous and flirtatious. Josh said she was very sexual.

Friends and family defend Susan who is missing and has no voice

Susan’s parents deny the allegations made by the Powells. Susan's friends and others say the opposite is true – Steve had a crush on Susan and behaved inappropriately around her. They say it was his actions that prompted her to leave her home town of Puyallup, Washington and move to Utah with her husband early on in their marriage.

Chuck Cox, Susan’s father, reminded the public that Josh and Steve are the only two people making these claims. Everyone else who knows and loves Susan has said the complete opposite was true.

They say that the Susan they know was a devoted mother and wife. She loved her family more than anything in the world and struggled through a troubled marriage. She hoped to make things work with Josh, but told friends and co-workers that if things didn’t improve by their anniversary, which would have been the spring after she vanished, she planned to leave him. She never got that chance.

In a November 2010 interview with Nate Carlisle of The Salt Lake Tribune Chuck Cox said that foremost Susan was a loving mother totally devoted to her marriage and the support of her husband. “We know,” he said, “as I’m sure everyone realizes she was not perfect but I assure you, it wasn’t due to a lack of effort.”

“Everyone that knew her can attest to her loving, helpful, optimistic attitude,” he said.

Also in 2010 Steve Powell told The Salt Lake Tribune that Susan ran off with a boyfriend and abandoned her children. He claimed she absconded and that she wasn’t abducted or murdered. He said she’s mentally ill and Josh said she’s unstable. Steve said she’s financially and sexually driven.

Online supporters of Susan have repeatedly asked, "What are they telling the kids?"

During The Salt Lake Tribune interview in Nov. 2010, Josh said if Susan returns she’ll be “chewed up like hamburger,” inferring that she cant' come back because her family expects her to be perfect.

Statement Analyst Peter Hyatt said that the term "chewed up like hamburger" could indicate violence Josh perpetrated against Susan.

Peter Hyatt and Isabelle Zehnder joined Susan Murphy-Milano to discuss the case Thursday (click here for audio - advance to Susan's story, last 1/2 hour of the show.)

Josh’s sister Jennifer Graves, who is also Steve’s daughter, and her husband Kirk Graves were appalled by Josh’s contentions and said it’s not Susan’s family that has a history of mental illness – it’s Josh’s family.

Jennifer said her father is controlling, drives the actions of some of his children, and that most of his adult children still live at home with him including Josh and Josh and Susan's two young sons. Something she said Susan would not have approved of due to Steve's admitted sexual desires for his daughter-in-law. Steve says the feelings between he and Susan were mutual, Susan's friends and family strongly disagree.

On August 21, Sandy Crain-Anderson agreed to go public with information she shared with police soon after Susan went missing. She told Examiner.com of Steve’s obsession with Susan, that he kept Susan’s journals, her photos, her sacred Mormon undergarments, and his own collection of pornographic materials in a locked cabinet in his bedroom. She told of how he’d stolen the undergarments years ago when Susan and Josh lived with him. Josh and Susan moved into Steve’s house, reportedly for a few months, to save money when they were first married.

Chuck said during the FOX News interview Wednesday that Steve and Josh wanted to post Susan’s teenage journals online in an effort to prove Susan was lustful and attempted to commit suicide.

Judy, Susan’s mom, said during the Fox News interview Wednesday that Susan did not try to commit suicide. She should know, she said. She was there.

Judy pointed out that Josh said earlier that Susan was a good wife and mother, and now “he’s trashing her.” She said, “Why they’re lying is beyond me.”

Parents take action to stop online posting of Susan's journals

Months ago the Powells posted several pages of Susan’s and teenage journals on a website they created about her. The pages were entries made by one of Susan’s teenage friends who never gave Steve or Josh permission to post the pages.

When they threatened to post entries from some 2,000 pages of Susan’s journals, her friends and family were disheartened and appalled spurring her parents to seek legal action to stop the Powells from further publishing Susan’s personal journals.

Q13Fox.com reported last week that a Pierce County Superior Court judge issued a temporary restraining order barring Josh from publishing or distributing Susan’s journals. The temporary restraining order was served on Josh Powell at his home in Puyallup where he lives with his father, his two young sons, and several of his adult siblings.

The temporary order was requested by Susan's father and mother, Chuck and Judy Cox, through their attorney, Anne M. Bremner, and was granted Friday, KOMO News reports.

"It's really a major victory for the family because there's been so much out there right now that's untrue that's been put forth by Steven and Josh Powell," Bremner said in an interview with KOMO Radio.

Bremner said the journals have absolutely no bearing on the missing person case.

"Susan was a teenager with these journals. It doesn't show anything," she said. "She was a good wife and a good mother who would have never left her children."

As of Wednesday evening, those entries have been removed from the website.

Steve's childhood story

Violent Relationship Strategist and Author, Susan Murphy-Milano posted on her blog Steve’s childhood story of when his own mother walked away from his father, kidnapping him and his siblings when he was seven years old. His father found them, they reconciled, and within months his father kidnapped the children with the help of his grandparents.

Steve wrote: “In only a matter of months my dad made a unilateral and secretive decision to separate from my mom. So on a given weekend he took us to visit his parents while my mom went to spend the weekend with her aunt in Burbank. Unbeknownst to her, my grandparents had, prior to that weekend visit, transported their trailer house to Northern California, and parked it in Weed.”

They traveled to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, Steve wrote, and parked their trailer house at a trailer camp along the highway where I-90 now runs.

Steve wrote that when he asked his grandmother, at the age of seven, where his “momma” was, she told him, “You’re never going to see your mother again.”

Click here for Steve’s story that he posted on his SteveChantrey.com website.

West Valley City Police spokesman Sgt. Mike Powell says their department continues their “very active” investigation.

They are in the process of reviewing and processing all of the information and evidence collected over the past two weeks.

Sgt. Mike Powell, spokesman for the West Valley City Police Department in Utah, told Fox13Now.com, “Every piece that we gather is definitely a piece of the puzzle and helps us to get a complete picture of what’s happening.”

Continue reading on Examiner.com Susan Cox Powell: Case update; allegations she was promiscuous confronted - National missing persons | Examiner.com [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:48 pm

How creepy that Josh still speaks to his Dad after his Dad has admitted having a crush on Susan, etc and all his other disgusting statements against this poor woman unable to defend herself.

These people are NOT appropriate to raise those two boys. God only knows what they have poisioned the two boys heads with regarding their mom.

Powells= yuck, yuck, yuck
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Am still wondering WHERE Josh's mother is in all this????

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:09 pm

HippyChick2 wrote:How creepy that Josh still speaks to his Dad after his Dad has admitted having a crush on Susan, etc and all his other disgusting statements against this poor woman unable to defend herself.

These people are NOT appropriate to raise those two boys. God only knows what they have poisioned the two boys heads with regarding their mom.

Powells= yuck, yuck, yuck

lol I agree yuck yuck yuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:48 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Am still wondering WHERE Josh's mother is in all this????
Her name is Terrica/Terri Powell and she lives with her daughter Jennifer Graves in Utah. She has been divorced from Steve Powell for almost 20 years. There are posts about her upthread or on previous pages.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:18 pm

Thanks...I should have looked before I typed!

Who can possibly blame this poor woman for divorcing this infantile sex addict/lying POS??? omg

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:36 am

I'm wondering why she married him in the first place. The creepy FIL would have chased ME off no matter how much I might have "loved" my husband. Ugh.
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:54 pm

Cadaver Dogs Searching for Susan Powell's Body

Nearly two years after Susan Powell disappeared, investigators have launched a large-scale search of the Utah desert for her body.

Detectives, with the help of six cadaver dogs, are scouring an area around the town of Delta, 130 miles southwest of Powell's home in the Salt Lake City suburb of West Valley City.

"We're very hopeful that we'll come up with something but we just don't know at this point whether we will or not," West Valley City police Lt. Bill Merritt tells Fox 13 News.

Searchers on all-terrain vehicles are working a grid-pattern on the ground, with plans to add the assistance of a spotter plane.

The search is the latest sign that the investigation is at its most active stage since Powell, a married mom with two sons, disappeared in December 2009. She was 28 years old at the time.

Last month, police searched the home of her husband, Joshua Powell, who after speaking with investigators early on has stopped cooperating with police. Investigators also searched abandoned mines in the Nevada desert.

Josh, who says he last saw his wife when he took their then 2- and 4-year-old sons for an overnight camping trip, has suggested she may have run off with another man.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:55 pm

Not getting my hopes up as they have searched so many times to no avail.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:53 pm

I wonder if Josh ever came back from his latest camping trip....you know when he left home unexpectedly, because he was just being Josh, as his dad said.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Haven't heard a thing. GREAT question!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum