Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Post by raine1953 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Search resumes in Utah desert for missing mom

AP) SALT LAKE CITY — Police have resumed a search of the Utah desert as they investigate the disappearance of a mother two years ago.
Continue reading at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Susan Powell missing since 2/6/09. Husband,Josh Powell, sets home on fire killing himself & their 2 sons. Much More on this thread..

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Good!! Bring it on!! I think they know more than they are saying and I hope JP and his sick f**k of a father are freaking out!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:43 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I think that he is such an avid camper that he knew how to make a pit and burn her. Never thought of this before until this Topaz Mountain (love that name!!) search. I think JP and Daddyo are better at murder than at marriage.
Love how you put that Wrap! Unfortunately so true..........moo.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:40 am

Search resumes in Utah desert for Susan Powell

by Associated Press
Posted on September 19, 2011 at 6:15 AM

SALT LAKE CITY -- Police have resumed a search of the Utah desert as they investigate the disappearance of a mother two years ago.

West Valley City police Sgt. Mike Powell says searchers stopped excavating Saturday at a spot where cadaver dogs had indicated the possible location of human remains.

Police didn't find any remains but did discover charred chips of wood that will be examined by forensics experts.

Dozens of officers and cadaver dogs were searching Sunday in the area around Topaz Mountain, a rock-hounding spot in central Utah.

Susan Powell, no relation to Mike Powell, was 28 when she was reported missing on Dec. 7, 2009, after she failed to show up for work.

Her husband, Josh Powell, is a person of interest in the case but hasn't been arrested or charged. He lives in Puyallup, Wash.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:55 pm

More Susan Powell searchers flock to Topaz Mountain

BY NATE CARLISLE
THE SALT LAKE TRIBUNE
First published 3 hours ago
Updated 1 minute ago

Topaz Mountain • The latest search for Susan Cox Powell entered its second week Monday with 100 trained searchers from six counties scoured the desert landscape for signs of the missing West Valley City mother.

West Valley City police, who are leading the search, moved the command post about 5 miles west Monday morning. From there, searchers riding all-terrain vehicles and on foot looked for any trace of Powell, who has been missing 21 months.

"We’ve had a lot of folks contact us and offer their resources to us," said West Valley City police Lt. Bill Merritt.

No clues were found in the morning, Merritt said Monday. He also acknowledged that the first week of searching the Juab County terrain northeast of Delta had produced no evidence indicating police are looking in the right place.

Yet, Merritt — on Day 8 of the search — remained enthusiastic. He said teams on Sunday made "fantastic headway" in covering areas scheduled to be searched.

On Monday, search and rescue teams arrived from the sheriff’s offices in Juab, Millard, Sevier, Iron and Beaver counties. Aerial support was being provided by the Utah Department of Public Safety Air Bureau.

"These are people who know what their doing," Merritt said.

Also, the Salt Lake City Police Department sent about 15 officers in plain clothes. Those officers formed a line, with about 20 yards between each other, near the command post and began walking north. With heads down, they carefully stepped over rocks and through sage brush looking for anything out of place.

While dozens of square miles have been searched since police arrived at the popular rock-hounding area on Sept. 12, Merritt acknowledged the vast west desert still has a lot of places where someone could dispose of a body.

"Yesterday the Juab County sheriff described it as [looking for] a broken needle, needle pieces, in a haystack," Merritt said.

Merritt said he expected the search to continue through Wednesday.

Absent on Monday were the cadaver-scenting dogs that have played an important role in the search, thus far.

Last Wednesday, the dogs — which are trained to react to the smell of human decomposition — detected what police described as human remains in a suspected shallow grave.

But police unearthed only 100 or so pieces of charred wood at the site. Police believe the wood, which will be examined by experts, was used to burn human remains.

The hole was 2 feet wide, 3 feet long and a little over 2 feet deep at the point when excavation was halted Saturday evening. Police said that once the burnt wood was removed from the hole, the cadaver dogs lost interest, indicating there was nothing else there to find.

The dogs also have been used to check out numerous items found by searchers, such as clothing and blankets, to see if the items carried the scent of a dead human being.

Topaz Mountain is about 30 miles away from where Josh Powell, the only person of interest police have named in his wife’s disappearance, says he took his two young sons camping the night his wife disappeared from their West Valley City home.

Police have said Josh Powell liked to gem hunt — and family and friends have confirmed that Josh and Susan Powell had visited the Topaz Mountain area on previous family excursions.

West Valley City police recently conducted a search in the desert around Ely, Nev., and over the past months have conducted numerous searches in Tooele County. Police serving a search warrant also recently removed several computer towers and other evidence from the Washington home where Josh Powell now lives in with his father.

Susan Powell, 28, has been missing since Dec. 6, 2009. Josh Powell has said he had taken the couple’s young sons, then ages 2 and 4, on a winter camping trip to Simpson Springs in Tooele County, and returned home to find his wife gone without a trace.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:53 pm

But police unearthed only 100 or so pieces of charred wood at the site. Police believe the wood, which will be examined by experts, was used to burn human remains.
I think when Josh supposedly went camping right after the house was searched he moved any remains some where else.

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Yes LM, I agree. And it pisses me off that LE didn't have someone watching him covertly, especially when he announced he was going camping again. Did he take the boys with him this time too? Cos they are certainly old enough to tell anything their father did that night on the most recent trip.
I can't stand Josh, his lying face, those bugs bunny teeth and the fact that the little weasel has yet to be brought down by the police.
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:33 pm

I love that you called him a weasel HC because that is what he is. However, if there is nothing left of Susan there is little doubt at least for me that he will get away with killing her.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Oh, he IS a weasel. I would just like to smack his lying face and have someone who is capable beat the s**t out of him till he confesses where Susan is and what he did.

I too worry he will get away with it. WTF has happened to our justice system anymore?
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:26 pm

Put me in line HC! You can smack his smirky lyin' face and I'll see if I can beat him up! He makes me so sick, I cannot stand to watch him talk, there's just something about him. Of course I think daddy makes me sicker, all he has to do is open his mouth and I'm pissed.

Make me three that is worried to that he'll get away with it. No body probably means that he will.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:55 pm

I am 4th in line to be worried he will get away with this. I will always pray that he won't. No statue of limitation on murder so there is always some hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:14 pm

I am starting to wonder if the "public's right to know" and media reporting every single thing maybe isn't a good idea after all. In the "olden" days a few things might be overlooked, etc and under the olden days maybe LFSCA might even have been found guilty.
Now, it seems like all you have to do is make sure the body is never found and you're off scott free. No matter how much circumstantial evidence there is. even if there is a boat load of circumstantial evidence!! Prisioner's "rights" has become ridiculous.
Inmates supposedly being punished by being in jail have it better than some of our elderly citizens who worked hard and obeyed the law all their lives. It just isn't right.
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:25 am

I lean towards ya'lls opinion that he wont be held accountable for Susan's murder if they don't locate her remains.
What a strange couple they must have been, she so intelligent and he dumber than a box of rocks!

off topic
Weasel... is the endearing nickname I call my not-yet-ex-husband.
:muahaha:

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:18 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Charred wood in Susan Powell case could bring answers

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:11 pm

BY MELINDA ROGERS
The Salt Lake Tribune

First published 1 hour ago
Updated 52 minutes ago

As investigators continue to comb the Juab County desert for signs of missing West Valley City mother Susan Powell, experts are examining charred wood police found there and believe was used to burn human remains.

Last week, cadaver dogs alerted their handlers to the presence of human remains in an area where about 100 small pieces of wood were discovered buried near Topaz Mountain.

Lab work on the recovered wood would generally take three days — but perhaps longer depending on a number of factors, said Tim Kupferschmid, executive director at South Salt Lake-City based Sorenson Forensics, who has more than 20 years of experience in forensic DNA testing.

"Some of the wood will be analyzed for volatile compounds to determine if accelerants were used to fuel this fire. Some of the wood may be swabbed for DNA to determine if significant amounts of biological material are present on the wood," said Kupferschmid, who is familiar with the process of DNA testing of materials such as those recovered by investigators last week.

It’s possible to get a DNA profile from burned wood, Kupferschmid said, but the quality of the DNA depends on "the length of time in the fire, the heat of the fire and the amount of starting biological material present."

"If a fire was hot enough and burned long enough, biological material would not remain on the wood," he said.

Should the wood produce traces of DNA, scientists would work to establish a DNA profile.

When DNA is processed, the next step is to compare the DNA results with Powell’s profile. The woman’s DNA was likely collected by investigators from samples in her home, such as a toothbrush or hairbrush, Kupferschmid said. If police failed to do that, they could now collect DNA from Powell’s children and do a "reverse maternity test," in which Powell’s DNA would potentially be determined because it matched that of her children, he said.

If the DNA profile is not a match with Powell, scientists can work with law enforcement to see if there is a DNA match to other missing persons cases.

Sorenson Forensics contracts out its services to many law enforcement agencies, and the state forensics lab also can provide technology needed in cases where fragments are discovered in soil, he said. The dozens of cases Kupferschmid’s business has assisted in include the 1998 slaying of 10-year-old Anna Palmer in Salt Lake City. After years of dead leads, advances in DNA technology allowed police to link scrapings from fingernail clippings from the girl’s right hand to 32-year-old Matthew Breck, who lived down the street from Palmer in 1998.

Breck, arrested last year, is serving life without parole in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated murder in 3rd District Court last month.

Sorenson Forensics also has performed international work, including DNA testing on victims of a 2010 airplane crash in Libya and the 2004 tsunami in Indonesia.

Topaz Mountain is about 30 miles away from where Josh Powell, the only person of interest police have named in his wife’s disappearance, says he took his two young sons camping the night his wife disappeared from their West Valley City home.

Police have said Josh Powell liked to gem hunt — and family and friends have confirmed that Josh and Susan Powell had visited the Topaz Mountain area on previous family excursions.

West Valley City police recently conducted a search in the desert around Ely, Nev., and over the past months have conducted numerous searches in Tooele County. Police serving a search warrant also recently removed several computer towers and other evidence from the Washington home where Josh Powell now lives in with his father.

Susan Powell has been missing since Dec. 6, 2009. Josh Powell has said he had taken the couple’s young sons, then ages 2 and 4, on a winter camping trip to Simpson Springs in Tooele County, and returned home to find his wife gone without a trace.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:47 pm

Fingers Crossed but I doubt there will be any recoverable DNA after all this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:49 pm

I was just reading over at BlinkonCrime (http://blinkoncrime.com/2011/09/14/susan-powell-search-unidentified-remains-found/#comments) and someone had posted this link to a 9-page researched document that Steve Powell had written and given to the FBI. In the document, he outlines why he "supposedly" thinks Susan ran away with Steven Koecher, the young man that went missing in Utah a week after Susan did. It was pointed out that he seemed to know some details about Koecher's last week that sounded a little suspicious...Very strange. Could he and Josh had something to do with Koecher's disappearance to set up the scenario that they ran off together?
Link to nine page PDF document of Steve Powell’s “theories”.

lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:10 am

lisette
I followed your link and read Steve Powell's 9 pages of speculation on what happened to Susan.

The first thing that stood out to me in those 9pages was that he used some form of the word "Abscond" NINETEEN (19) freaken times. (In my mind he did this because he's trying to get LE to look at her as the person responsible for her own disappearance.) Which is such bullshit!
To those who don't know what the word Abscond means it is to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution
Steve Powell never indicates what legal trouble Susan may have been in to make her ABSCOND. Although he does accuse her of child abuse.

Then after using a word that describes something "sudden and secret" he goes into vivid detail about how he thinks Susan went to great measures premeditating her disappearance and with whom she may have confided her plans. Implying that Josh purchasing a generator was her signal that it was time to leave.
So which was it Mr. Powell, sudden and secret or calculated and chatted over?

A large portion of his theory was spent trashing Susan, her mom, her dad, her sister, the daycare provider they used, and Steven Koecher (the man he is accusing Susan of ABSCONDING with.

The Letter was dated Febuary 28, 2010.
(I'm just guessing of course) but I think LE in the process of dotting every I and crossing every T followed up on some of his conjectures in an effort to locate Susan. I'm certainly hoping they did... because I think disproving even one or two of his ideas shores up any case that the State may be building against his son Josh.
One thing is for certain... he put a great deal of time into blaming anyone and everyone besides Josh for Susan's departure even suggesting Human Trafficing !

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:42 pm

As investigators wrapped up a search of the Utah desert for missing mom Susan Powell on Friday, officials revealed for the first time that her husband Josh Powell is not the only person of interest in the case.

Sgt. Mike Powell of the West Valley City, Utah, police told KOMO Radio in an interview Friday that Josh Powell is the only person of interest who has been publicly named - but there are others.

He declined to say whom the other persons of interest might be or what their relationship is to Susan Powell - just that they have never been identified publicly.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:34 pm

As investigators wrapped up a search of the Utah desert for missing mom Susan Powell on Friday, officials revealed for the first time that her husband Josh Powell is not the only person of interest in the case.
Gee, this is not rocket science. We All know who the other POI is. I see more charges coming and a possible arrest of little Joshy.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:44 pm

yup.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Police interview/ Police: More persons of interest possible in Susan Powell case

Post by Nama on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:01 pm

Police may release more information about the items recovered during the search on Monday.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:11 pm

I sure hope they found things to identify Susan. These Powell man need to be locked up.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by southerntraveler on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:21 am

BJ wrote: As investigators wrapped up a search of the Utah desert for missing mom Susan Powell on Friday, officials revealed for the first time that her husband Josh Powell is not the only person of interest in the case.

Sgt. Mike Powell of the West Valley City, Utah, police told KOMO Radio in an interview Friday that Josh Powell is the only person of interest who has been publicly named - but there are others.He declined to say whom the other persons of interest might be or what their relationship is to Susan Powell - just that they have never been identified publicly.

BBM: Others? I can understand Steve Powell sharing that title with his son but I'm a bit stumped about the others, any ideas?

southerntraveler

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:45 pm

southerntraveler wrote:
BBM: Others? I can understand Steve Powell sharing that title with his son but I'm a bit stumped about the others, any ideas?

I think maybe the plural was unintentional, but IDK. I think maybe instead of saying there is ONE more and his name is STEVE, they just said "others".

(BBM???? please enlighten me...TIA)
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:48 pm

I believe that as well Laga - they said others rather than just one other on purpose probably.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:01 pm

I agree I agree I agree I agree
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:29 pm

BBM = "Bolded By Me" but Southerntraveler forgot to bold. lol

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:30 pm

laga wrote:
southerntraveler wrote:

I think maybe the plural was unintentional, but IDK. I think maybe instead of saying there is ONE more and his name is STEVE, they just said "others".

(BBM???? please enlighten me...TIA)
Also agree in Spades!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:28 pm

Totally agree here too.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:30 pm

Susan Powell case is at a "tipping point"

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) – West Valley City has spent more than $500 thousand dollars on the Susan Powell case, but Mayor Mike Winder says it’s paying off. "We feel that we are getting to that tipping point where we have more hot evidence than we have had in the past two years."

Mayor Mike Winder says that includes trailers full of evidence from both the Powell residence in Washington and the most resent search of the Topaz mountain area. "We have bones, we have charred clothing, we have charred wood, with what the cadaver dogs are excited about, and that we are doing DNA analysis on."

He says that analysis could take up to three months. "Are they ancient items? Are they relatively recent? Are they related to this case? That is what we will look to find out."

Mayor Winder says all of the evidence was gathered methodically, and is also being carefully studied. "It may seem slow sometimes to the public, but they are dotting the i's, and crossing the t's, to make sure the evidence is stacking up, that everything is being put together very carefully."

He says tips are still coming in, but the person they would most like to talk to, still refuses to help, despite what Josh Powell said in court Tuesday. "When he said in court yesterday that he's cooperating with the authorities that's absolutely false.”

Mayor Winder says Josh Powell still refuses to talk to West Valley detectives. But says he will talk to the FBI. "He’s saying well there's a cost because I have to get my lawyers up to Washington. We are happy to pay those ourselves if that's what it takes to get him to talk to some authority and try to help us in this case." In fact, Mayor Winder says if Josh doesn’t want to accept West Valley City money; there are private individuals and businesses that have come forward saying they will pay the expense of facilitating Josh’s interview with the FBI.

But Mayor Winder says despite those offers, Josh Powell remains silent.
But he says, with or without his cooperation, the case is moving forward. “The pieces are starting to come together in the jigsaw puzzle."

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:33 pm

West Valley City putting full resources into ‘red hot' Powell investigation
By Sandra YiSeptember 28th, 2011 @ 6:14pm

WEST VALLEY CITY — The Mayor of West Valley City is weighing in on what he says is the biggest police case in his six years in office: the search for Susan Powell.

According to Mayor Mike Winder, police have spent a lot of time and resources on this case — much of it behind the scenes — and he says the evidence is mounting.

The case is red hot, and we will find out what happened to Susan Powell.
–Mayor Mike Winder, West Valley City

"The case is red hot, and we will find out what happened to Susan Powell," Winder said in an interview with KSL News Wednesday.

Despite public scrutiny, the confident mayor says it's only a matter of time before West Valley City Police solve the 2-year-old mystery.

"We're getting really close to cracking this case and going public," he said.

Winder says what's been made public so far doesn't tell the entire story. Real evidence, he says, led to the searches in Ely, Nev., and Topaz Mountain. Those efforts, although seemingly futile, were just a small part of a bigger investigation.

"It was not just a wild goose chase," Winder said, noting the arrest of Josh Powell's father is another example of that.

Winder says Steven Powell's arrest on pornography and voyeurism charges was a long-time coming. Winder knew about the arrest four days before it happened.

We first had tips on Steven Powell's creepy behavior months ago. We've been laying the groundwork, and frankly that all helped us get a search warrant to go to the house in Puyallup.
–Mayor Mike Winder, West Valley City

"We first had tips on Steven Powell's creepy behavior months ago," Winder said. "We've been laying the groundwork, and frankly that all helped us get a search warrant to go to the house in Puyallup."

Winder also talked about the cost of the investigation — between $500,000 and $750,000 spent so far. He says West Valley Police Chief Thayne "Buzz" Nielsen has worked within his budget, but money is no object.

"We have put our full resources behind (this case), and especially with the evidence we have and the hot leads we have, we will continue to do so," Winder said.

The mayor says federal and other law enforcement agencies have helped shoulder the cost. Private donors have also offered to foot travel costs for Powell's attorneys, should Powell accept an open invitation to talk to the FBI.

"So there's no excuse in the world why he can't be talking to authorities," Winder said.

Winder also said despite Josh Powell's comments in a Washington state courtroom Tuesday, Powell has never talked with police in West Valley City or anywhere else.

must see video

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:28 am

Josh, you and daddy are going down you sick perverted murderer(s). Thank God those boys are with the Cox's now.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal WVC Police chief says Susan Powell search nearing resolution

Post by Nama on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:57 pm

"Josh, come on down!"

West Valley City Police Chief Buzz Nielsen talked with FOX 13 news about the Susan Cox Powell investigation and says he believes they are nearing a resolution in the case.

"We're right at the point now where, I'm just really optimistic. Things are going to move, we just have other things that are popping and going and moving,” said Nielsen.

Nielson says since the start of the investigation in December of 2009, Susan’s husband Josh Powell has essentially impeded the investigation.

"From that point on he has not helped us, talked to us, responded or anything," says the chief.

That is in direct contrast to what Josh Powell said when he spoke with FOX 13 during an interview last month in Washington when he said “there's nothing more I can do to push this investigation any faster or any farther than it's going." Josh says he gave detective six hours worth of interviews and statements.

“He hasn't helped us at all,” Chief Nielson says. “When we've asked him about things, he either ducked it or refused to talk to us. So he said he's willing to help. So Josh, come on down, we're ready, we'll have a team up there tomorrow. So we're standing by and we're going to hold you to your word, you said you'd do it and we're ready."

West Valley Police Department has already invested tens of thousands of man-hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars on this missing person case. Chief Nielsen says his department and the city fully invested in the case and expects the payoff is coming.

Chief Nielsen says his detectives have only scratched the surface of the evidence they seized from the Washington home of Steven Powell and that confirmed for him and the courts that Josh’s two boys were not safe staying there.

In regards to Steve Powell, the chief feels strongly that once all that evidence is analyzed he could be facing even more charges and his department will finally learn what really happened to Susan Cox Powell.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:14 pm

I love it. "Josh, Come on down. We're ready." I think he is a woos. I think he Knows that whatever they found at Topaz Mtn, w/incriminate not only him but his father. I hope that they are taping any phone conversations or visits as they did in the Anthony case. Both of these monsters are just that..and they are Both going down.

Thank God for the Cox's!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:17 pm

"Josh, Come on down. No Josh, it's not Bob Barker! Sarcasm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:29 pm

Nor are "Barker's Beauty's" there and you are not liable to win a car or vacation, but you just might win a trip to the clink...all expenses paid!! crazy 1

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Nor are "Barker's Beauty's" there and you are not liable to win a car or vacation, but you just might win a trip to the clink...all expenses paid!! crazy 1
A lifetime of free beds, threads and meds!

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Police say they'll pay for his expenses if Josh Powell will talk with FBI

Post by Nama on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:49 pm

West Valley City Police, the lead agency in the case of missing Utah mom, Susan Cox Powell’s disappearance said Wednesday they plan to write a letter to her husband, Josh Powell, letting him know they will concede to his request that they pay for a lawyer to be present when he talks to the FBI.

WVCPD say they will also be present at the meeting. Detectives have questions they'd like to ask Josh so that they can, once and for all, find out what happened to Susan.

If Josh has nothing to hide, and if he's innocent, he has no reason not to take WVCPD up on their offer.

They have agreed to pay for his travel expenses and for him to have a lawyer present. Exactly what he and his father, Steve Powell, have for months said they needed in order for Josh to meet and talk to the FBI.

WVCPD Chief Thayle "Buzz" Nielsen said Wednesday, “If he’s innocent, then great, let’s figure this out, tell us what we’re missing, sit down with us. Josh also has the right to tell the truth. He has the right to come forward.”

Chief Nielsen said Josh has, since Susan's disappearance, impeded their investigation. Josh did meet with detectives early on but he quickly clammed up, lawyered up, and moved away. Susan's friends and family say he's made virtually no effort to find his wife - not the typical actions of a man whose wife is missing.

"From that point on he has not helped us, talked to us, responded or anything," says the chief.

Josh has a very different story to tell. He claims he spent six hours with detectives giving statements and in interviews. He told FOX 13 during an interview last month that “there's nothing more I can do to push this investigation any faster or any farther than it's going."

“He hasn't helped us at all,” Chief Nielson says. “When we've asked him about things, he either ducked it or refused to talk to us. So he said he's willing to help. So Josh, come on down, we're ready, we'll have a team up there tomorrow. So we're standing by and we're going to hold you to your word, you said you'd do it and we're ready."

Chief Nielsen said his department and the city are fully invested in Susan's case and that they expect the payoff is coming. WVCPD has already invested tens of thousands of man-hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars on this missing person case.

Tuesday evening Susan's best friend, Kiirsi Hellewell, said Chief Nielsen's statements "sent chills down my spine" and said, "Anytime I think this investigation is taking too long I'm going to read about the hard work and dedication of police."

Kiirsi has worked diligently to keep her friend's name and picture out in the public eye.

No matter how tired she’s been or how tough it’s been, Kiiris has always managed to pull it together when media calls. She knows that's what Susan would have done for her. She knows that it helps keep Susan's name in the public, something that Susan's father Chuck Cox says is vitally important in Susan's case.

Chuck can't talk about Susan's case publicly at the moment. He has been granted temporary custody of Susan's two young sons, Charlie, 6, and Braden, 4, and was ordered by the judge to refrain from making public statements about Susan, the children, or her missing person’s case.

It's a small price to pay, Susan's friends say, to have the boys out of the Powell home and with their maternal grandparents.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Police say they'll pay for his expenses if Josh Powell will talk with FBI - National missing persons | Examiner.com [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:16 pm

He w/come up w/some excuse, Guaranteed. Which only makes him look More guilty, if that is possible.

Has he taken a poly? I think not!!! crazy3

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:22 pm

I hope those children will be able to stay with the maternal grandparents permanently he is no fit parent
now or ever!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal Today is Susan's 30th Birthday

Post by Nama on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:27 am

Saturday, October 15th is Susan Powell's 30th birthday. Friends and family will remember the missing West Valley mother with balloon releases in her hometown in Washington and in West Valley City.

West Valley Mayor Mike Winder will also speak before the balloons are released in Susan's memory. "It is very helpful to have people continue to talk about Susan, see something here or remember something that might be relevant to the case," says Mayor Winder.

Susan disappeared nearly two years ago. Her husband Josh Powell is the only person of interest in the case.

The balloon release is Saturday, October 15th at 11 a.m. at West View Park on the northwest corner of 4100 South 6000 West in West Valley City.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:43 am

I got my wish when those two boys were handed over to the Cox's. For 2 years I have been praying for that to happen. I too hope the arrangement is permanent for the boys to stay w/ the Cox's. A much more wholesome environment for them, for sure. If they had stayed in the care of Steve and Josh they would have become perverts and porn freaks just like their father & grandfather. Hopefully with the Cox's, the cycle will be broken.
I have faith they will be coming to a resolution, like they say. I want Justice for Susan, but most of all I am glad the boys are safe.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN. lotofcandles
HippyChick2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:33 pm

God Bless Susan...wherever she is!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:19 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal "Three Questions Re: The Powell case". Actually, it's only one.

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:26 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Service for Susan
The official blog for missing Utah mom Susan Cox Powell.

Susan Missing: Two Years
December 1, 2011 by Kiirsi

To friends and supporters of Susan and her family,

Next week it will be two years since December 6, 2009—the day that Susan Cox Powell was taken from her home, her family, and all those she loves and cares about.

The past two years have been a terrible ordeal of grief and heartbreak, but we have not given up hope: we know the police are doing everything they can. We believe they will find her and find the answers we all so desperately need.

But they’ve also brought surprising blessings. We have seen Susan’s life touch the hearts of many thousands of people all over the world. We’ve been the recipients of so much love, so much prayer, so many kind thoughts and wishes. We are so grateful for every person who has spread the word of Susan’s disappearance in any way, whether online or in person. The outpouring of support has helped us keep going.

Now that Susan’s beloved little boys are finally in a safe and stable environment, many people have asked what they can do to help her boys. The boys’ needs are being taken care of, but there are so many other children in need of help.

We know Susan always loved to serve and help others and she especially loved children. We’ve chosen to remember her in Utah at this 2-year anniversary by making donations to the Christmas Box House and the adjacent Group Homes for teens. This wonderful organization takes care of children who are in protective custody of the state, just as Susan’s boys were last month. Please see their website for more information about this organization.

We will be gathering donations for the Christmas Box House and group homes this Monday, December 5, from 7pm-8:30pm in the meeting room at Hunter Library in West Valley City (4740 West 4100 South).

Donated items must be NEW; donation needs include the following:

* clothing
* blankets
* toys
* games
* stuffed animals
craft kits and art supplies
* books
* hygiene products
* gift cards for community activities (movie passes, Lagoon tickets, fast food, etc.)
* gift cards to stores like Target or WalMart are very useful so items can be purchased as needed

Please see this link for a complete and detailed list of needs for the Christmas Box House.

Older children also in state protective custody are in need of many items, as well. Here are links to donation needs for Salt Lake County Youth Services and their Christmas Wish List.

If you don’t live near Salt Lake City or can’t make it on Monday, but would like to donate, the Christmas Box House has a place to make online financial donations.

They also accept donations at these locations:

Salt Lake City:
3660 S. West Temple
Salt Lake City, UT 84115

Ogden, Utah:
1181 Christmas Box Lane (950 E.)
Ogden, UT 84404

Moab, Utah:
180 South 300 East
Moab, UT 84532

You could also find an organization or shelter in your own local area and donate things to help others, in Susan’s honor.

Susan has a loving and compassionate heart and she would love to participate in a cause like this, if she were still here. Please join us in helping other children and honoring Susan as we serve others.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:17 pm

cryingagain I am so touched by this article. What a sweet thoughtful thing to do in Susan's honor.

Back to top Go down

Normal 2-year mark for Susan Powell case

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:35 am

BY MELINDA ROGERS
The Salt Lake Tribune

First published 3 hours ago
Updated 1 hour ago

When news reports broadcast the discovery of a body in remote wilderness locations, Denise Cox’s world stops for a while.

With each gruesome discovery she wonders: Could this be her sister?

So far, it’s an answer Cox and the rest of her family are still waiting for as time marches on without answers in the case of 28-year-old mother of two Susan Cox Powell, who was last seen on Dec. 6, 2009.

“I hate when they find someone’s remains. I lose a lot of sleep until they identify them,” said Cox, 32, the older sister of Powell, in an interview from her home in Washington state. “I’m upset and frustrated that after two years we still have no answers. It is really hard with no closure and not knowing where my sister is.”

So friends of the Coxes and Powell will do what they can, hosting service events and sharing memories.

Cox plans to spend time with her sister’s children, Charlie, 6, and Braden, 4. The Cox family had limited interaction with the boys following Powell’s disappearance as tensions rose between the woman’s family and her husband, Josh, who is the only publicly named person of interest in the case. Josh Powell moved the boys back to his wife’s and his own hometown of Puyallup, Wash., shortly after she disappeared.

But a judge in October granted temporary custody of the boys to Susan Powell’s parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, after Washington child-protection workers removed them from the care of their father. The boys had been living with their father in the home of their grandfather, Steve Powell. But police arrested Steve Powell on Sept. 22 on charges of voyeurism and possessing child pornography. Police have said they are investigating who else living in the home may have known of Steve Powell’s activities.

Time with the boys now is a chance to reconnect since the Powell and Cox families have clashed over Susan Powell’s case, Cox said. She said she often shares memories of her sister with her nephews and keeps photos of the woman everywhere.

“Braden doesn’t have as many memories as Charlie, but they both love looking at pictures of their mom,” Cox said. “We can and do talk about my sister around the boys. I don’t ever want them to forget her.”

Cox said she wears a purple bracelet at all times, which serves as a conversation starter to people interested in learning more about her sister. A wolf necklace, symbolic of her sister’s love of the animal, and a pin with Powell’s photo on also help Cox feel closer to her sister.

“I carry her with me constantly,” she said.

In Utah, Powell’s friends are also preparing for the unavoidable milestone marking two years since Powell vanished.

Kiirsi Hellewell, a close friend of Powell’s as well as her neighbor in West Valley City, is organizing a drive to benefit the Christmas Box House, a shelter for children removed from homes because of abuse or neglect. Items will be collected at a Monday evening event.

No one imagined Powell’s fate would be a point of contemplation two years after frantic phone calls first started circulating that she couldn’t be found after her husband returned home claiming he’d taken the boys on a midnight camping trip, Hellewell said. She said she thinks of Powell daily as a series of “what ifs” roll through her mind.

“It doesn’t get any easier with time. Every day I wake up with the nightmare of her disappearance still fresh in my mind. It feels like we really can’t move forward without having answers and resolution,” Hellewell said.

Anniversary events come with purple balloons, with posters that feature a smiling Powell, with shared tears and renewed pledges to bring her home. The mood is a mix of heavy hearts with fleeting bursts of optimism, that maybe, just maybe, Powell is out there when common sense seems to dictate that she’s not coming back.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum