J. Cheney Mason

Go down

Normal J. Cheney Mason

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:24 am

WFTV took a harder look at the newest addition to Casey's defense team, Orlando lawyer J. CASEY'S NEWEST LAWYER BRINGS NEW DYNAMIC TO DEFENSE, who says he can get Casey off, despite the evidence against her.

VIDEO REPORT: New Lawyer Brings New Dynamic

Channel 9 broke the story last week that Mason was on board. He has nearly 40 years of experience as a criminal defense lawyer and has won 50 first-degree murder cases.

Mason brings a dynamic, not seen yet, to Casey's defense team. He bombastic inside and outside of court and he's already made claims he'll get a not guilty verdict in Casey's murder case, but he's got hundreds of pieces of forensic evidence and testimony from more than 100 witnesses to fight against.

Mason says he's already got forensics experts volunteering to help Casey for free.

Prosecutors have the best labs and experts in the country concluding the duct tape found over Caylee's face, and on the Anthonys' gas can, could have come from the same roll, concluding one of Caylee's hairs in her mother's trunk came from her dead body, and that there were vapors from human decomposition detected in that same trunk.

But WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says what Mason brings to the defense table is 40 years of experience cross-examining witnesses hostile to the defense.

“Either impeaching them or casting doubt on their credibility, so that he can argue to the jury, ‘You should discount their testimony based on what I brought out during cross examination, therefore there's reasonable doubt,’” Sheaffer explained.

Recently, more damning evidence has come to light coming directly from Casey in 50 letters she wrote to another inmate at the Orange County jail. Investigators haven't divulged what's in the letters. WFTV asked Mason about it last week and obviously hit a nerve.

“We're gonna take a look at it and see whether it's privileged and I’m not gonna answer any more questions about it. Don't waste your time Kathi, I'm not gonna answer any more questions about it,” Mason said.

The defense is considering asking the judge to seal Casey's letters. The judge has said he's not inclined to.

“All this evidence is like holes in the dam and, after a while, even Cheney Mason runs out of fingers,” Sheaffer said.

The defense still has several days to decide whether to ask the judge to seal the letters.

Casey isn't the first high-profile woman Mason has represented. He helped former astronaut Lisa Nowak get a plea deal that kept her out of jail and a felony conviction off her record. She was sentenced to one year of probation.

Nowak was accused of trying to kidnap a romantic rival after driving to Orlando from Texas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: J. Cheney Mason

Post by charminglane on Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:10 pm

From the diaper wearing astro-nut to the bitch from hell.

His mother must be so proud.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:25 pm

charminglane wrote:From the diaper wearing astro-nut to the bitch from hell.

His mother must be so proud.

:lol!: ROFLMAO
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Has anybody seen this video with Cheney Mason commenting in parts of it? Very interesting...Wonder when he changed his mind about the Ants, Bozo, and his "innocent" client?

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:59 pm

lisette that was huge. I left that little chat thinking they are going to work hard and hope for a plea. Mason seems to think she will serve life. Wow.

What do the rest of you think of that?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Normal EXCLUSIVE: Casey Anthony attorney Cheney Mason on Zimmerman case Cheney Mason, one of the lawyers at the center of the Casey Anthony case, was at the Seminole County Courthouse Wednesday and spoke exclusively with reporter Dave D'Marko.

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:27 am

By Dave D'Marko, Reporter
Last Updated: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 12:42 PM

SANFORD --
The George Zimmerman trial is inevitably drawing comparisons to the Casey Anthony case here in Central Florida. Cheney Mason, one of the lawyers at the center of the Casey Anthony case, was at the Seminole County Courthouse Wednesday and spoke exclusively with reporter Dave D'Marko.

Mason was at the courthouse for business unrelated to the Zimmerman trial. He said he has been following the trial as much as he can, just like millions of people are around the country, and just like people followed the case two years ago when he represented Casey Anthony.

He said it he was glad Don West and Mark O'Mara are the ones who have to face the spotlight right now, and he was able to walk by the throngs of national media un-noticed.

He said it's actually the third time he's been to the Seminole County Justice Center since jury selection began.

One thing he mentioned, as we walked by the nearly empty protest zone was there seemed to be a lot less anger right now than there was during the Casey Anthony trial.

He offered one possible explanation as to why; in a recent conversation he said he had with Zimmerman's defense lawyer.

“Mr. O’Mara asked the other day what it’s like to have so many people hating your client, and I said only half the world hated your client the whole world hated mine.”

Mason said he and O'Mara have talked several times leading up to the trial about what the defense could expect and not expect to happen as the case continues.
But he said in the end, he's like every other American and has no idea what to expect from the case or what the final verdict might be.
Transcript of Dave D'Marko's interview with Cheney Mason
On following the George Zimmerman trial:
“I’ve seen some of it, and read the paper and had various conversations with defense lawyers, it will be what it will be, I’m glad not to be in the middle of the circus, but there’s not much circus though, there’s a lot more of you all then there is anybody else.”

On the differences between the Zimmerman case and Anthony case:
“Mr. O’Mara asked the other day what it’s like to have so many people hating your client, and I said only half the world hated your client the whole world hated mine.”

On his relationship with George Zimmerman’s attorney Mark O'Mara:
“We’re friends I’ve talked to him several times about what he can expect and not expect with this case, any more so than anyone else does.”

On the defamation suits against Casey Anthony:
“It’s another Shakespearean much ado about nothing, the judge over there I’m reasonably sure will determine there’s no reason to go forward with it, their lawyers have done it to get all the publicity they want, there’s not going to be hardly anymore and it’s going to be over and it’s going to go away.”

On the decision to keep Casey Anthony’s defamation suits case in federal court:
“There’s no way it’s ever going to go back to State Court, especially with the comments that were recently made by the Chief Judge. There’s no reason to do that, it’s a straight forward bankruptcy case that people try to get emotional about and do things they didn’t have a right to do.”

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Cheney Mason reveals stroke after Casey Anthony trial

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:00 pm

By Hal Boedeker
Staff writer
2:46 p.m. EDT, June 29, 2014

The Casey Anthony trial did take a personal toll, defense attorney Cheney Mason reveals in a News 13 interview. Mason said he suffered a stroke on Veterans Day 2011.

According to reports that day, Mason asked to taken to a Daytona Beach hospital because he wasn't feeling well. He fell ill before a speaking engagement at Bethune Cookman University. The topic was to be mass communications, a topic he learned a lot about from successfully representing Anthony, who was acquitted in July 2011.

In a chat with News 13's Jackie Brockington, Mason said he now has a personal trainer and works out vigorously two or three days a week.

Mason, who is nearly 71, acknowledged the Anthony trial brought other problems. "Kooks threatening to kill me, my wife and my grandchildren because I had the audacity to defend her and win," Mason told Brockington.

In the interview, Mason blasted attorneys who put their faces on billboards and who advertise on television ("disgusting"). He said he likes to travel and read and is conversational in French, Italian and German. He said he doesn't know how to retire, but has cut back on his hours and usually works from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Please check out the comments at the above link.

He makes me sick!! And, who can forget this? The day  TLMS  was found Not Guilty.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Interview here.

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:04 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum