Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recorded calls released between Robyn Adams and her father discussing Anthony letters

5 posters

Go down

Recorded calls released between Robyn Adams and her father discussing Anthony letters Empty Recorded calls released between Robyn Adams and her father discussing Anthony letters

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:32 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Audio recordings of phone calls in the case against Casey Anthony were released on Friday.

The recordings were made public just days after hundreds of pages of jailhouse letters between Anthony and her jailhouse pen pal, Robyn Adams.

The calls released are between Adams and her father, and Adams talked about the Anthony letters.

The calls were recorded in 2008 and 2009 while Adams was an inmate at the Orange County Jail.

Adams told investigators from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement that she had no ulterior motive in her months-long friendship with Anthony.

But instead of flushing the letters as she had promised Anthony, Adams kept them and sent them to her father.

In a phone call, you hear him coaching her about what's called substantial assistance. As a federal prisoner, if you help the government, you can apply to have your sentence reduced. Adams is serving 10 years for trafficking marijuana.
•Adams' Father: You may be eligible for substantial assistance.
•Adams: Yes, but I think it's a safety valve.
•Adams' Father: Substantial Assistance is what you need to get.
•Adams: Keep praying for it, Daddy.
What remains unanswered is whether the FDLE knew about the dozens of recorded calls before wrapping up their investigation into the matter and coming to the conclusion that Adams was not trying to get a break on her sentence by befriending Anthony.
listen here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Recorded calls released between Robyn Adams and her father discussing Anthony letters Empty Re: Recorded calls released between Robyn Adams and her father discussing Anthony letters

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:52 pm

Posted: 4:43 pm EDT April 9, 2010Updated: 5:58 pm EDT April 9, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Phone calls were released from Casey Anthony's jailhouse friends, the same friends who Casey confided to in personal letters and whispered conversations. In the calls, they talk about the accused child killer.

There were more than 1,000 phone calls made by Casey's pen-pal, her friend and a woman who knew Casey's dad. Those calls add up to more than 200 hours.

It's interesting, because Casey’s pen pal doesn't seem to know that much about the investigation, but she told investigators earlier this year that, on the day Caylee's remains were found, Casey told her about a blanket and plastic bag with the remains. That's something investigators said only they and the killer would know.

VIDEO REPORT:Jailhouse Friends' Calls Released

In the calls from inside the Orange County jail, Robyn Adams, Casey Anthony's pen pal who exchanged letter after letter with the suspected child killer, also spent a lot of time on the phone.

“Are you in the same dorm with that Anthony chick again?” a woman Adams calls Mel asked her in a call in December. “How's she behaving these days?”

On the call, made right around the time Caylee's remains were found in December 2008, Adams opens up about Casey.

“She doesn't seem to be looking good. I'm praying for her every day,” Adams said.

Adams is now serving time in federal prison for conspiring to set up a major marijuana operation with her husband Clay, a former Altamonte Springs police officer. Casey confided in Adams while they exchanged letters.

Adams kept those letters, saying to a friend they might have some value someday. Over the phone with friends and family, Adams seemed very interested in what's going on in the murder investigation.

“They found the body of, yeah, but they didn't know if it's hers or not right?” Adams asked the person on the phone with her.

“They've directly connected some things they found on her body to some things they found in her home,” the person said.

But she seems more concerned with Casey's well-being.

“It's not my place to judge her,” Adams told her dad.

“I hear ya. I hear ya,” he said.

“I just want her to be happy, whatever the case may be or whatever she's guilty or not guilty of,” Adams said.

Cecelia Holoway, also known as Cecelia Benheida, claimed to investigators she helped pass Casey's letters and she seems all too eager to talk to a friend on the outside about Casey.

“Casey. Casey, with the girl, the girl who killed the baby. They're just finding out she killed her,” Cecelia told someone on a call.

“Oh, oh, oh,” the friend replied.

Cecelia is also Krystal Holloway's sister, the woman who claims she carried out an affair with George Anthony, Casey’s father.

Even though Cecelia never said on the phone if she had any knowledge of the case from Casey or her sister, she definitely has an opinion about who killed Caylee.

"Oh, Casey. That's right. I forgot about that chick. Yeah, we went through that. I knew she killed that baby,” Cecelia’s friend said.

“I knew it, too,” Cecelia replied.

ATTORNEY IN CIVIL CASE WANTS TO INTERVIEW ADAMS

Attorneys in the civil case against Casey say they want to talk with Casey's jailhouse pen-pal.

Zenaida Gonzalez's lawyers want to speak with Robyn Adams about one of the conversations she had with Casey, where Casey admitted Zenaida was the first name of a childhood friend and that she was not involved in Caylee's murder.

That contradicts Casey's original story that “Zanny the Nanny” kidnapped her daughter. Gonzalez, who has no connection with Anthony, says Casey ruined her good name.

JUDGE GRANTS PROSECUTION'S REQUEST

A judge Thursday granted the prosecution’s request for a transcript of a hearing last August.

The state wanted the full transcript of that hearing, because one of Casey's former defense attorneys, Todd Macaluso, proclaimed her innocence in court.

So far, prosecutors have not said why they want the report.

Macaluso left the defense team about two months ago, because of a disciplinary issue with the California Bar.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Recorded calls released between Robyn Adams and her father discussing Anthony letters Empty Re: Recorded calls released between Robyn Adams and her father discussing Anthony letters

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:41 pm

In that hearing this statement was made by Todd M
"There's substantial evidence that we've discovered . . . that the body or the remains of Caylee Anthony were placed there after Casey Anthony was locked up in the Orange County Correctional facility."

So maybe the State is now going to demand that they prove that statement or take it back?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Could be. With this case, Nothing surprises me.

I am still reeling over the fact that Skye was in jail when Casey and that friend of Casey's were and she was also passing letters? Did I read that right? Is this a conspiracy or what??????
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:04 pm

“I just want her to be happy, whatever the case may be or whatever she's guilty or not guilty of,” Adams said.

She wants her to be happy whether or not SHE KILLED HER CHILD!! Something's wrong with this woman!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Recorded calls released between Robyn Adams and her father discussing Anthony letters Empty Local 6 Hears Calls From Anthony's Pen Pal Phone Calls Show Adams Wants Out Of Jail

Post by Nama Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:09 am

Local 6 has been digging through hours of phone calls made by Robyn Adams, a confidant who traded hundreds of pages of letters with Casey Anthony.
"Daddy, I'll do anything," Adams said in one call. "I'm so scared."
In the audio, Adams sounds terrified and states that she is willing to do anything to get out of jail -- but does that include using Casey Anthony for her own benefit?
Local 6's investigative reporter Tony Pepitone has listened to hundreds of calls made by Adams from the Orange County Jail, and the prosecution in the Anthony case said they believe there may be evidence contained in them.
Despite that claim, Pepitone said the calls do not show any attempt to make up evidence against Casey Anthony to help secure Adams' freedom.
Two months after she was sentenced to 10 years in prison, Adams called Tracy Neally, a friend she's forwarded hundreds of pages of Casey Anthony's letters to.
"I'm doing the right thing by holding onto the letters, I think," Adams said in another call. "I've got them all."
Now, prosecutors do too. The letters were released earlier in the week, and showed Casey Anthony opening up to a friend in jail; however, they do not include some of the more damaging things Adams claims Anthony told her verbally.
Some of the things Adams claims Anthony told her include knowing that Caylee's body was found in a black garbage bag with a blanket days before that information was made public.
In listening to the calls, however, it became clear that in March 2009, Anthony let something "slip" to Adams.
"It was kind of a fluke -- like it slipped," Adams said. "You know what I mean?"
Though the call does not reveal what the slip may have been, Adams did say she's considered telling others.
"I mean, if it would help me, you know," she said.
In a letter to Neally from April 2009, Adams said she hopes something she learned from Anthony could help reduce her sentence.
"This may be my only way out of prison sooner than my expected term," she wrote while sending along another batch of letters from Anthony.
Yet, in calls to her father, Adams also shows acts of friendship toward Anthony.
"Will you please send me a blank birthday card? It's Casey's birthday next Thursday," she asked.
The jail supposedly does not allow inmates to pass notes amongst themselves, but the volume of letters show that wasn't the case with Anthony and Adams.
However, many of Adams' claims -- including that Anthony admitted to medicating Caylee to "knock her out," or knew details of Caylee's remains -- are not contained in the letters written by Anthony. Adams claims Anthony told her those details face to face.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:21 am

lisette wrote:

She wants her to be happy whether or not SHE KILLED HER CHILD!! Something's wrong with this woman!

I think this woman is choosing her words carefully, certainly under the pretense that they are being recorded inside the jail. She was most likely thinking that the tapes like Casey's would be released and played by the media over and over.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:52 pm

I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down