6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23141364/index.html

Interview w/Sheriff Jeff Hardy and more.

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:49 pm

Uncut search of St. John's River:

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23140308/index.html

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Levi Page on JVM was saying Leonard Padilla said a yellow rope was taken from Tommy's house today and that Tommy is the one who gave LE the information that led to this search. Also, LE is looking for and asking about a gray van.

I know of the blue van that belonged to Timmy Croslin's wife was not parked the way she parked it. Does anyone remember that?

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Yes, Wrap, and it had scratches on it when where it did not before.
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Art Harris is saying that Tommy Croslin lead LE to the spot on the St. John's River and that Tommy admitted that "Cousin Joe" took Haleigh, and that Cousin Joe threatened them if they said anything. Nancy is saying that is b.s.

And, NG said a blue ice cooler has been pulled from the river.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:13 pm

from a poster on news4jax.com
I paraphrase:
Some evidence HAS been found. Apparently Haleigh was given drugs to put her to sleep so that she wouldn't be able to tell her Dad what Misty was doing while Dad was at work.
source:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/23138878/detail.html
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Re: Ron's weight--Not on the drugs that kept him thin..
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:16 pm

artgal16 wrote:from a poster on news4jax.com
I paraphrase:
Some evidence HAS been found. Apparently Haleigh was given drugs to put her to sleep so that she wouldn't be able to tell her Dad what Misty was doing while Dad was at work.
source:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/23138878/detail.html
Makes perfect sense!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:17 pm

lisette wrote:Re: Ron's weight--Not on the drugs that kept him thin..
True, and he is eating a lot of carbs.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Art Harris said on NG that Crystal Sheffield left the PCSO very distraught and said, "Joe killed my baby."

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:34 pm

What is the "scenario" they are talking about on NG?
I just tuned in
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Will we ever know the truth? Are they just shifting the blame? Oh man. crying
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:42 pm

They are a bunch of liars everyone but if they are going to get a reduced sentence they have to tell the truth.
I believe that Misty probably drugged Haleigh to get her to sleep - and maybe her cousin came over to get the gun they are all talking about and not finding it maybe took Haleigh instead? Is that the scenario they are talking about?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:43 pm

Does anyone know what is on Joe Overstreets rap sheet? Is he a convicted sex offender?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Somebody upthread said this was the 1 that Misty said molested her when she was younger.
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:51 pm

It seems that I remember something about him being one...I know that Misty said that he "messed with" her when she was younger, and I read somewhere today that he was in prison for awhile because of that...Don't know that for sure, though.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Watching NG and just as Art Harris started to explain that Misty was protecting her brother - they cut for a commerical argghhh! Harris said "and now we know"
and they cut him off. Now we know what? That Misty was protecting Tommy but from what? from their cousin Joe?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:00 pm

OMG, this is pretty certain that the darling little girl is dead. Somebody talked. crying
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:03 pm

They are reporting that we have to look away from Misty to someone else - maybe it was her brother that finally broke down
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:09 pm

I just looked at Crystal's Facebook wall and saw that she posted her baby Chloe will celebrate her second birthday on April 15th. OMG, if they find Haleigh's body now, it will even mar the joy of the baby's birthday. But then again, it sounds like all her mother's hope is gone now that her child would be still alive. Oh, my heart breaks for Crystal!
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:15 pm

OMG!! What is it with the Croslin side of the family?

http://www.wsmv.com/video/23141651/index.html

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:18 pm

At about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, a van with the University of Florida's C.A. Pound Human Identification Laboratory left the search area, but Putnam sheriff's spokesman Johnny Greenwood said the van was being kept on standby at the scene in case it was needed to identify any remains that might be found.

snipped from:

http://www.ocala.com/article/20100413/ARTICLES/100419911/1402/NEWS?p=1&tc=pg&tc=ar

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:19 pm

artgal16 wrote:Watching NG and just as Art Harris started to explain that Misty was protecting her brother - they cut for a commerical argghhh! Harris said "and now we know"
and they cut him off. Now we know what? That Misty was protecting Tommy but from what? from their cousin Joe?
Allegedly, Cousin Joe threatened Misty and Tommy with a knife and told them not to say anything when Joe took Haleigh.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:30 pm

Unconfirmed. Joe Overstreet has a rap sheet for stealing a car and a CSO (convicted sex offender) as a minor.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:40 pm

artgal16 wrote:Does anyone know what is on Joe Overstreets rap sheet? Is he a convicted sex offender?
He has a record already ......... in TN:
COMPLAINT NUMBER: 2008-764186 WARRANT NUMBER: GS408602

PROSECUTOR: Anthony Todd Daniel

DEFENDANT: Joseph Edward Overstreet

VICTIM: Jon Nelson Allen

STATE OF TENNESSEE, COUNTY OF DAVIDSON

AFFIDAVIT

BURGLARY OF A MOTOR VEHICLE

T.C.A. 39-14-402

Personally appeared before me, the undersigned, [Select one] _x__ Commissioner, ___ Metropolitan General Sessions Judge,

the prosecutor named above and made oath in due form of law that [Select one] ___ he ___ she [Select one] ___ personally

observed _x__ has probable cause to believe that the defendant named above on 11/07/2008 in Davidson County did

unlawfully enter the [Select one] ___ freight car __x_ passenger car ___ automobile ___ truck ___ trailer ___ motor vehicle

___ boat ___ airplane of the victim named above without the effective consent of the owner, for the purpose of committing a

[Select one] ___ felony _x__ theft or ___ assault and the probable cause is as follows:

Mr. Allen (victim) states he observed Defendant inside his Mazda Protege which was parked in victim's front

yard. During the incident, victim fired a shot from a .22 cal rifle and defendant was struck in the wrist. Victim fled the

scene, but was found laying in a neighbors yard by police. Stereo in victim's car was partially ripped out. Defendant

admitted to police he broke into vehicle.

ESignature

Prosecutor: Anthony Todd Daniel 0000006197

200 James Robertson Parkway

Nashville, Tennessee 37201

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

A R R E S T W A R R A N T

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Information on oath having been made, that on the day and year aforesaid, and in the County aforesaid, the offense

of Burglary - Motor Vehicle E FELONY, as aforesaid, has been committed and charging the defendant thereof, you are

therefore commanded, in the name of the State, forthwith to arrest and bring the defendant before a judge of the Court of

General Sessions of Davidson County, Tennessee, to answer the above charge.

Sworn to and subscribed before me on 11/07/2008 01:53:08

Steve Holzapfel

Judge of the Metropolitan General Sessions Court/Commissioner

1 of 1 pages
------------
He may also have a record as a CSO as I said upthread but it would not show if he were a minor. That law needs to be changed ASAP!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Search for Haleigh Cummings in Satusuma Area Ends for Night
Dave Wax Created: 4/13/2010 4:35:05 PM Updated: 4/13/2010 8:47:53 PM

PALATKA, Fla. -- The search for Haleigh Cummings is over for the night and will resume in the morning, officials said around 8 p.m.

The search reached a level not seen in months today as an undisclosed tip led searchers to an area of the St. Johns River at a public boat ramp south of Satsuma.

"No, we haven't found Haleigh," Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy this afternoon. But vowed to search for "as long as it takes."

SEARCH FOR HALEIGH

Hardy said deputies from his office have spoken with many members of Haleigh's family today as they follow a new potential lead received Monday.

Facts in today's search remain scarce, and Hardy reminded everyone that the focus is on the little girl and her family.

"Be patient with us," he said. "Let us go ahead and do our job."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=154696&catid=3

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Posted: Tuesday, 13 April 2010 9:23PM

Update 3: PCSO Search for Haleigh Cummings

Doug Clifford/Simon Barrett/TJ Hart

What's In The Box?

Investigators were back out in Satsuma, Fla. looking for clues into the disapperance of Haleigh Cummings Tuesday. She's the 5-year-old girl who disappeared from her bed in her father's mobile home in Satsuma 14 months ago.

Sources told WFTV a suspect is in custody, but wouldn't provide any additional details.

News Talk 97.3 the Sky is efforting to get confirmation on this claim.

Divers are seen in this aerial picture from News4Jax.com carrying what looks like a large ice chest out of the St. Johns River at a boat ramp near Shell Harbor Road, but Putnam County Sheriff Jeff hardy stated in a brief news conference Tuesday that Haleigh had not been found and that a decision as to whether the abduction case could be changed to a homicide case would be made later.

Hardy said "the search will go on as long as it takes."

Hardy acknowledged that he had met with family members earlier on Tuesday, but declined to say what was discussed.

The search for haleigh remains focused along the St. John's River between Welaka and Satsuma near County Road 309.

Several law enforcement boats have been scouring the river near the boat ramp at the end of Shell Harbor Road, which remains blocked off by deputies.

News Talk 97.3 The Sky has known the identity of the tipster since Tuesday morning, but complied with the wishes of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office to refrain from exposing him out of concerns that public knowledge of his identity could compromise the investigation and possibly a case.

Jacksonville.com reported late Tuesday a break may have come in the case from Misty Croslin, who was with Haleigh and the youngster's brother the evening before the kindergartner disappeared.

Her attorney said Croslin, who is jailed on drug-trafficking charges, may have provided helpful information that led to other leads."This latest search was based on information from someone else," said attorney Robert Fields.

He said Croslin may have "shed some light" on who was responsible."Somebody else has possibly been implicated in this," he said. "You need to look away from Misty."

video here:

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6796691.php

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:13 pm

There are probably a lot of people who dump unwanted things in the river - does this river flow anywhere?
If there is a current then wouldnt the river had carried anything that was thrown in it away?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:25 pm

artgal16 wrote:There are probably a lot of people who dump unwanted things in the river - does this river flow anywhere?
If there is a current then wouldnt the river had carried anything that was thrown in it away?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Johns_River

The St. Johns River is the longest river in the U.S. state of Florida and its most significant for commercial and recreational use.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Interesting - swampy and full of critters large and small. If they did have the nerve to throw her body in I hope they put it in something like a box or cooler at least. The heartless no-good low lifes.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal Haleigh Cummings case closer to being solved

Post by Nama on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:38 am

Family members of the missing girl were called together, and Misty Croslin, who reported the 5-year-old missing, was taken from jail in St. Johns County to be interviewed, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said. She was being held there on drug trafficking charges in a separate case.
A break may have come from Croslin, who said she was with Haleigh and the kindergartner’s brother the night of the disappearance. Her attorney said she may have provided helpful information that led to other leads.

“This latest search was based on information from someone else,” said attorney Robert Fields. He said Croslin may have “shed some light” on who was responsible.
“Somebody else has possibly been implicated in this,” he said. “You need to look away from Misty.”

Investigators have not described the nature of the lead, but Misty Croslin’s father, Hank Croslin Sr., said his mother-in-law told him police have surrounded the Nashville, Tenn.-area home where a relative lives. He said he thinks they are waiting for Florida authorities to arrive. However, a neighbor of that house said Tuesday night he had not seen any police there or anything unusual.

Joseph Overstreet is a cousin of Croslin’s and was in a dispute with Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, when Cummings accused him of stealing a gun. Overstreet moved back to Tennessee after Haleigh disappeared. He was interviewed by detectives before being cleared last year.

Overstreet’s mother, Tina Overstreet, declined to comment when she was reached by telephone Tuesday night.

However, she told a Nashville TV station, WSMV, her son was at his home in Antioch. He wasn’t willing to talk but his mother did offer a comment.

“We have not heard anything from anybody in Florida,” she told the station. “I know the little girl is still missing. We’ve not heard anything. My son is at home, not doing anything, bothering nobody. People continue to bother him.”

Overstreet’s mother said police haven’t talked to him in six months.
Croslin’s mother, Lisa Croslin, said her daughter said she was taken to Putnam County but was separated from other members of Haleigh’s family and left alone in a room before she was returned to St. Johns County.

Lisa Croslin said her daughter told her by phone from the St. Johns jail that she was not interviewed about the case Tuesday.

Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield, said she would rather not comment. She and her mother, Marie Griffis, met with the sheriff Tuesday. From their ranch in Baker County, other family members said the Sheriff’s Office and property owners didn’t want media there and couldn’t comment further.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-13/story/authorities-conducting-haleigh-cummings-search

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:48 am

The search scene: Questions, anger and few answers

Posted: April 14, 2010 - 12:15am

By MARCIA LANE

SATSUMA -- Once again Putnam County law enforcement officials are checking out a possible crime scene related to the disappearance of HaLeigh Cummings, who was 5 when she disappeared from her father's home some 14 months ago.

On Tuesday the scene was at the end of a rural south Putnam road, a road that leads to a public boat ramp into the St. Johns River.

Normally the ramp is used by fishermen. On Tuesday it played host to law enforcement officers, scuba divers, cadaver dogs and a black crime lab van from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

A "tip" from an unidentified source kicked off the search that led to divers bringing something to the surface in mid afternoon. A photographer flying overhead in a single-engine plane captured what appeared to be a box being brought to the surface from the brownish waters of the river.

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy and his officers weren't giving away any details.

During a brief news conference in the parking lot of the Sheriff's Office in Palatka, Hardy did indicate some physical evidence had been found.

He wasn't saying what was found or who gave the tip, but he did say he had met with family members. That included her father, Ronald Cummings, who was brought over from the Putnam County jail where he's facing drug charges. The woman who was his girlfriend and later became his wife briefly, Misty Croslin, was brought over from the St. Johns County jail where she's being held on drug charges.

It's been some 14 months since Misty Croslin told Ronald Cummings his daughter had disappeared from the home they shared.

"We're going to continue this investigation until we can bring it to a logical conclusion," Hardy said.

Putnam County detectives say they've talked to hundreds of people and followed nearly as many leads since the disappearance.

If HaLeigh's alive, she's 6 years old. But many people here doubt she ever saw her 6th birthday. There was lots of speculation from people stopping at the scene that the latest search may finally give an answer.

There was also anger. One woman suggested bits of Misty Croslin be pulled off until she told what really happened.

Carl Brown who lives on Shell Harbour Road has heard many stories since he moved to the area about 18 months ago including one that Misty Croslin was seen in the area putting something in a garbage can after the disappearance of HaLeigh.

"He said he reported it to deputies," he said. Croslin reportedly had lived about two blocks from the Shell Harbour Road at some point.

When Brown went outside at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday morning two of his neighbors were talking about the HaLeigh case again and what was going on at the boat ramp.

"One of them said one of HaLeigh's grandmothers was at the ramp (Monday)," Brown said.

Brown walked down to the area and watched the officers

"At one point the divers were all the way across the river on the far bank. ... Then they seemed to concentrate on the area by the boat ramp," he said. He said they also searched a scum covered retention pond.

At that point the river is about a football field and a half in width.

Sonar equipment from the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office was being used, according to Lt. Johnny Greenwood with the Putnam Sheriff's Office.

The search area was between two fingerling docks that go out beside the county-maintained dock. Several boats are docked in the area. A long closed restaurant is also near the area. Numerous waterfront homes are along both sides of the dock.

Brown said officers also apparently were searching in wooded areas near the dock.

Greenwood said the site was "quite a bit south" of where HaLeigh went missing. The dock is about five miles by road from that location.

Greenwood would only say a search was being conducted for "new physical evidence" in the Cummings case.

Although law enforcement tried to keep the search quiet, that failed. One officer speculated the same person who tipped off the sheriff's office might have tipped off reporters.

All day long Tuesday and into the night Tuesday a single Putnam County Sheriff's Office cruiser sat parked in the middle of Shell Harbor Road near Satsuma in southern Putnam County.

The blue lights kept flashing as a deputy stopped cars coming out of and going into the quiet rural road.

News vans from Jacksonville and Orlando as well as cars belonging to reporters parked on the roadway and in a paved lot of a former business facing onto County Road 309.

Brief showers throughout the day slowed traffic.

Several times in the morning and afternoon Putnam County school buses pulled over to let out children getting on and getting off.

About a mile-and-a-half from the search site is a substation of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. Just out of sight of that is a huge billboard with a picture of blonde HaLeigh Cummings and a request for information on her disappearance.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-04-14/search-scene-questions-anger-and-few-answers

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:56 am

If Joe Overstreet is the one who took Haleigh, then I find this picture negates that theory as it was said Joe took off the next day.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:14 am

artgal16 wrote:Watching NG and just as Art Harris started to explain that Misty was protecting her brother - they cut for a commerical argghhh! Harris said "and now we know"
Here are the NG transcripts:

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us. Bombshell tonight. At this hour, reports a suspect in Haleigh`s disappearance in custody. Something or somebody leads search teams, cadaver dogs, scuba divers, helicopters to comb the St. John`s River and a wooded area just two miles south of where Haleigh disappears.

We have learned in the last few moments a blue ice cooler, a large blue ice cooler, has been pulled up out of the St. John`s River. Wouldn't that ice cooler float if it were empty? ~Wrap! Is there a break in the search for the 5-year-old missing girl Haleigh Cummings?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Breaking news tonight in the search for 6-year- old Haleigh Cummings.

MISTY CROSLIN: I just hate this, man! They`re trying to ruin our whole lives!

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: ... area where authorities are searching is between Satsuma and Welaka, five miles from the home where Haleigh was last seen.

HANK CROSLIN, MISTY`S FATHER: Regardless of what the outcome is, I want to know where Haleigh`s at. I want to know who did it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Putnam County sheriff says authorities are acting on a tip.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Misty Croslin`s grandmother confirms to Nancy Grace that she passed on information to detectives about the possible location of Haleigh`s body.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Divers and cadaver dogs spent all of the day searching the St. John`s River, looking for clues.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We probably saw probably anywhere, I like to say, between 12 and 15 divers.

HARRIS: If we could find Haleigh, we`d all -- it would be better for everybody.

LISA CROSLIN, MISTY`S MOTHER: (INAUDIBLE) You`ve got to stand up, though.

MISTY CROSLIN: I know. I been -- I sit and wonder every day, thinking, just trying to go back.

I seen the back door open. And I go in the room and she`s gone!

GRACE: She said at one juncture that she believes up to four people were in the home the night Haleigh went missing.

MISTY CROSLIN: ... and think if I missed anything.

GRACE: ... then chalked it up to a dream-like interlude that she had.

MISTY CROSLIN: They`re not going to keep me locked up forever.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Croslin taken away from her St. John`s County jail cell.

MISTY CROSLIN: I don`t know where she is!

They won`t even let me do anything!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A suspect is in custody in the Haleigh Cummings investigation, according to CNN affiliate WFTV`s sources.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t care who had something to do with it. Those are the people who need to be put away.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`ll continue this investigation until we can bring it to a logical conclusion.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Sources telling us tonight that this has officially, as of today, turned into a homicide investigation. That is b.s. - Jeff Hardy never said that. ~Wrap~ As we go to air, at this moment, we are showing you live photos and live video. The St. John`s River and a densely wooded area about two miles south of where Haleigh disappeared, her home, is now being combed not only by cadaver dogs -- there you are seeing the photo of an ice cooler, a blue ice cooler being hauled up out of the St. John`s River -- being combed by cadaver dogs, scuba divers, helicopters, search teams, all of this happening in the last couple of hours, in the last 10 to 12 hours. We find out Misty Croslin rousted out of her private jail cell and grilled again, in fact, taken back to Putnam County to be questioned and then taken back to her jail cell. Then, suddenly, everyone converges at the St. John`s River.

Straight out to Art Harris, investigative journalist. Art, what do you know?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: Nancy, I can tell you that the break in this case, as unlikely as it sounds, came from Misty`s brother, Tommy Croslin, and that in an interview that he had with a retired FBI agent, Steve Brown (ph), supposedly an investigator for his lawyer -- Brown would not comment -- but that he told him that is where they should look and that Tommy led detectives in the last couple of days to this spot on the river with Steve Brown and said that`s where they needed to go look, that this is where her body had been dumped.

He suddenly has confirmed, it looks like, the story that Misty Croslin, his sister, has been telling others in two letters from jail, claiming cousin Joe from Tennessee came into the trailer that night, tried to steal a gun from her then boyfriend, now husband -- or now ex-husband Ronald Cummings, couldn`t find, it, got mad, took Haleigh, that Tommy left and Joe left with Haleigh. Joe has denied any involvement. He has a lawyer. He`s talked to investigators a couple of times.

But back to the river bank. It was Tommy who flunked a polygraph in the last few days, my sources tell me, a private polygraph, and he decided finally to come clean. I talked to his grandmother in Tennessee today, Nancy, and she said to me that Tommy was on the phone with her and said -- she said he said, I`m just -- I can`t keep this to myself any longer. Her name is Flora Holler. She said to me, Well, I asked him, Did Joe do it? And Tommy said yes.

GRACE: So that leads me to my next question, Art Harris. That says to me that Misty Croslin was at the home, that cousin Joe was at the home, that Tommy Croslin -- they were all there and nobody stopped the perp from taking the girl. And all this time, they`ve known. Nobody called 911. Nobody called the father, Ronald Cummings, nothing. If this scenario is true, they should all go down for homicide!

HARRIS: Nancy, the story is that they were in the home and that Misty and Tommy were both threatened by cousin Joe, threatened to kill them, their family, and that for this long, they have sat on this story. Now, whether true or not, they are now teaming up independently to confirm at least one story that police are following to its conclusion and have high hopes this could at least lead to a break in the case...

GRACE: That is BS, Art Harris! Because they could have told police the truth! They could have called 911 when they took -- if this is true. If they took that child, that defenseless 5-year-old little girl with Turner syndrome, if they let somebody take that -- take her from that house and now she is dead, probably molested, in the St. John`s River, they all need to go down on the Florida death penalty!

Out to Marlaina Schiavo, our producer on the story. What more can you tell me, Marlaina?

MARLAINA SCHIAVO, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: I can tell you, Nancy, that Misty was taken from the jail. She was questioned by investigators. They have confirmed this on the record. We know the family gathered today in Putnam County and they had private conversations. But we have spoken to the family, and it was a very tearful meeting, Nancy. And also, we know that this is the very first time that police have ever sent cadaver dogs since Haleigh first went missing, on location. So they have a lot of information, a lot of significant information in this case, Nancy.

GRACE: Jean Casarez, legal correspondent, In Session. Jean Casarez, if this is true, what it means is Misty Croslin, who was baby-sitting, let somebody come in that house and stood by, probably high as a kite on dope, and take the girl, the baby girl out of the house, if this scenario is, in fact, true, Jean Casarez.

JEAN CASAREZ, IN SESSION: Yes. And let me give you a little legal terminology that you know well. It`s called accessory after the fact. I looked up the Florida law, Nancy. It is a first degree felony punishable by life in the state of Florida if you have information that you know a crime has been committed and you help that individual by not divulging it.

GRACE: To Regina in Wisconsin. Hi, Regina.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Nancy. I just have a comment. I think if this family`s all involved in it, they all need to fry for it because that`s a beautiful little girl, should not have died.

GRACE: She never had a chance, Regina. And if this scenario is true -- and that`s a big if, but if this scenario is true, she has not come forward with the truth because she was part of it, part and parcel.

As we go to air tonight, we are showing you video of an ongoing search of the St. John`s River there in Florida. Scuba divers, helicopters, cadaver dogs, search teams converge on the St. John`s and a densely wooded area in the search for the body of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There are detectives walking around the neighborhood, trying to find out any more information that might be available, anything connecting any of the officers to clues about what happened to Haleigh.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HANK CROSLIN: As soon as they get this Haleigh case wrapped up, they`ll let us alone.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: ... received a tip yesterday...

MISTY CROSLIN: ... answer any questions I have to.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: ... that there was possibly some physical evidence in the Haleigh Cummings investigation.

MISTY CROSLIN: I don`t know where she is.

I`m not hiding anything.

They just need to move on.

Dad, there`s nothing!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re just following up on that lead to verify it, or to, you know -- if it isn`t true or if it is...

HANK CROSLIN: Regardless what the outcome is, I want to know where Haleigh`s at.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re out there to rule it in or out.

RONALD CUMMINGS: Well, of course I want to know if she knows anything.

MISTY CROSLIN: If I had something to do with it, I knew where she was, we wouldn`t be sitting here today.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We saw probably anywhere, I like to say, between 12 to 15 divers.

911 OPERATOR: When did you last see her?

MISTY CROSLIN: It was just -- like, you know, it was about 10:00 o`clock. We were -- she was sleeping.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There was probably six or eight of them that was actually in the water right in front of the dock, just searching in front of the dock area.

911 OPERATOR: Does the door look like it was pried open?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There was more divers being brought out by boat.

911 OPERATOR: Does it look like you had some sort of -- someone try to enter into your house?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Several K-9 units walking around.

HANK CROSLIN: They`re going to wrap it up in the next two weeks.

MISTY CROSLIN: I hope they do.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: How old are you?

MISTY CROSLIN: Just turned 18.

HANK CROSLIN: Only one that knows is the people that was there.

MISTY CROSLIN: I sit and wonder every day, thinking, just trying to go back and just think if I missed anything!

HANK CROSLIN: I want them to find Haleigh, too, and find who did this to Haleigh. I don`t care who it is.

MISTY CROSLIN: I`ve been the one, the main focus.

I`m tired of staying in this one cell, man. It`s bullcrap!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. But first to Ellie Jostad, our chief editorial producer. Ellie, what more can you tell us about the search that`s going down right now, as we go to air, for Haleigh`s body?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, it`s been in full swing since about 9:15 this morning, residents in the area even saying that there were investigators in the area last night poking around, going door to door, asking questions. Our affiliates are reporting that they`re seeing large lights brought in, like the kind you`d see at a ball diamond or a stadium. So it looks like they`re planning to search throughout the night for information or some kind of evidence, possibly even Haleigh`s remains.

GRACE: Out to the lines. Mary Ann in Georgia. Hi, Mary Ann.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hey, Nancy. I so much commend you for your work. Listen, I had a question. Remember when Junior said that he saw a dark figure and the couch jumping. Could that have been Misty`s cousin Joe raping her that night?

GRACE: Now, that is a scenario that no one has brought up. I want to go back to Art Harris, investigative journalist at Artharris.com. Art, not only did Junior, Ronald Cummings`s son, Junior, say that he saw a male dressed in dark clothes there that evening, but then Misty Croslin in some bizarre, twisted story says she, in a dream-like state, recalls I think three males, three to four males in the home that night, which means there was somebody else in the home, as far as I`m concerned. These two stories do jibe with what we are hearing.

HARRIS: That`s right, Nancy. Now, I can`t speak about that alleged sexual encounter. However, Misty has had some questionable encounters with Joe in the past, her family members tell me. I can tell you also...

GRACE: Well, that`s all coming from her. And she`s already...

HARRIS: That`s right.

GRACE: ... flunked four polygraphs, Art. I mean, what more do you need?

HARRIS: Of course. Well, the thing is, that night in this dream-like state, Nancy, she`s now accounted for at least two of the males in the home, and that would be allegedly cousin Joe and Tommy. The interesting thing is, why did they wait so long to come forward? What was Tommy hiding? What was she hiding? But now...

GRACE: Well, obviously, they`re part and parcel of it, Art, because if it were a simple matter of going, I know who did it, it`s cousin Joe, that`s who you need to be looking at, this is what happened -- if it were that simple, they would have come forward. But obviously, if the scenario is true, Art, they didn`t want to incriminate themselves.

Where does Crystal Sheffield, the bio mom, stand on all this?

HARRIS: Well, the bio mom, I`m told, came out of the department today, sheriff`s department in Putnam County, distraught, weeping, and told a friend that, quote, "Joe killed my baby." Now, whether that`s true or not, that`s what she said.

GRACE: Art, repeat. I couldn`t hear you.

HARRIS: I said that she was told by sheriff`s department investigators enough information that she came out of the meeting and called a friend to say, quote, "Joe killed my baby," from my sources.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Is this going from a missing persons case to a homicide investigation?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: That is a decision that will be made later.

MISTY CROSLIN: When Haleigh`s found, I will be let out of jail because that`s the only reason they`re keeping me in here.

If they go out and look for that person, maybe they -- they would be - - have the answer.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: ... sheriff`s office and law enforcement boats just scouring that particular part of the river.

RONALD CUMMINGS: Somebody stole my child out of my bed!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: ... less than five miles away from the house where little Haleigh disappeared.

911 OPERATOR: 911. What`s your emergency?

MISTY CROSLIN: I just woke up, and our back door was wide open, and I can`t find my daughter.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They feel good about this tip.

TOMMY CROSLIN: I said, I can`t help you find her body. I don`t know where she is.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: ... cadaver dogs, dive teams, fishing boats...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She has been brought back for an interview.

MISTY CROSLIN: They say it`s not enough, it`s not enough, they want more. There is no more! I tell them and tell them and tell them and they just don`t listen!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: As we go to air tonight, scuba divers, cadaver dogs, search teams, helicopters now converging on the St. John`s River, as you can see what is going on there in Satsuma, Florida. Also, a densely wooded area being searched right now just two miles south of where Haleigh disappeared. Cadaver dogs brought in. This has not happened since Haleigh first went missing.

And with us tonight, Tracy Sargent from Homeland Security, K-9 handler, and Cinco to explain to us what the cadaver dogs are doing. Tracy, welcome. Cinco, welcome. Please explain.

TRACY SARGENT, K-9 HANDLER: Thank you, Nancy. We`re glad to be here. What the dogs will be working on or detecting is human remains. This being a cold case, it`s going to be a difficult one for the searchers and for the dogs because the scent itself is going to be very faint. And dogs are really the best resource for that. They are best used for situations that we can`t see the remains or smell the remains ourselves. And in this case, even in water, if they`ve got a good location, the dogs still can detect that smell.

And we`re going to give you a demo of that.

Cinco, here. Cinco, hunt.

And what the dog is doing, he`s searching these different areas and he`s telling us there`s nothing here. And then he`s going to get to remains, which in this case -- he`s indicating right now, and then he`s going to -- what we do, his trained alert. In this case, it is a sit. At that point in time, we will reward the dog. And then I`m going to hand him off right quick. And what happens is that the dogs will tell us what to do -- or tell us that there`s something there. And from that situation, the investigators will follow up with additional resources. In this case, it will be divers and boats and sonar.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She is the one that holds the key information to finding out what happened to this beautiful little girl. I mean, who was with her, the last person with her? She was!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: We have breaking news in the search for Haleigh Cummings.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We do have a search going on at this time.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The neighborhood is pretty much on lockdown.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Right now we are conducting a search of the waterway.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Dive teams, police boats working very methodically to try to, you know, discern and find what is at the bottom of the St. John`s River.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We had -- we received a tip yesterday that there was possibly some physical evidence in the Haleigh Cummings investigation, and we`re just following up on that lead.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They haven`t done a search this extensive since she first went missing.

MISTY CROSLIN, BABYSITTER/LAST SAW HALEIGH CUMMINGS: When I went to sleep, she was there, and then when I woke up she was gone.

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST, FMR. DC POLICE DETECTIVE; FBI TERRORISM TASK FORCE: Number one, you`ve got Misty Croslin locked up in jail. Now has one of them finally cracked?

M. CROSLIN: I`m so tired of this, like I`m just so tired of being locked in one cell. I`m just so tired of it, like it drives me crazy.

CHELSEA CROSLIN, MISTY CROSLIN`S SISTER-IN-LAW: I know.

M. CROSLIN: Yes. But it`s going to hurt two people.

C. CROSLIN: (INAUDIBLE) that I should know.

M. CROSLIN: It`s going to hurt two people.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Misty was taken out of the current jail, and she is being interviewed.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Have you found Haleigh?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: No, we have not found Haleigh.

M. CROSLIN: I`m going to try to do everything to find her. You know, I`m going to answer any questions I have to because I know I didn`t do anything to that little girl. I would never hurt her. They love me. They -- I mean, they look at me like their mom.

(END OF VIDEO CLIP)

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Repeatedly referring to Haleigh as that little girl.

We are taking your calls live. You are seeing aerial photos and video of the search going on right now. They are planning to work into the evening for the body of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings there at the St. John`s River.

Also in densely wood area two miles south of Haleigh`s home, search teams.

Somebody or something led them to launch this search. Helicopters, scuba divers, cadaver dogs, search teams, all converging on the St. John`s River.

We are taking your calls live. Out to the lawyers. Let`s unleash them. Sue Moss, family attorney, child advocate, New York. Renowned attorney Daniel Horowitz, joining us out of the San Francisco jurisdiction. And tonight out of Atlanta, defense attorney Raymond Giudice.

Weigh in, Sue Moss.

SUE MOSS, FAMILY LAW ATTORNEY & CHILD ADVOCATE: Conspiracy to commit a crime will get you the same jail time. I wonder if Misty is guilty of conspiracy, kidnap conspiracy, helping Joe kidnap this little girl.

If that kidnap resulted in her murder, then she is equally responsible for the murder via the felony murder rule. They`re grilling her now, asking her questions. If they find her guilty of conspiracy, she`ll fry.

GRACE: Daniel Horowitz?

DAN HOROWITZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: She`s a victim of the same family system that led to this whole debacle. She is pathetic. She did not wake up one day and say I want to see somebody kidnap, kill, and remain silent out of fear. She deserves pity, not this type of attack.

GRACE: Daniel Horowitz -- put Horowitz up. If this scenario is true, she stood by, aided and abetted someone taking an innocent 5-year-old girl out of the house in the middle of the night.

HOROWITZ: She stood by?

GRACE: She didn`t call 911. She let the people in. She let them take the little girl --

HOROWITZ: Right, Nancy, and --

GRACE: If the scenario is true.

HOROWITZ: And what was done to her to make her so fearful that she would let somebody she cared about be taken like that? She must have been abused and hurt --

GRACE: Don`t -- high as a kite?

HOROWITZ: Don`t judge her until you know.

GRACE: You don`t know anything about whether she`s been abused or molested. That is complete BS.

HOROWITZ: You can see it by the way she is.

GRACE: You can see it?

HOROWITZ: Yes. Have some compassion for her.

GRACE: She is high. She is on drugs. That`s what you see.

Ray Giudice, weigh in.

RAY GIUDICE, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, the issue becomes you get to the death penalty or a serious prosecution like that, the state is going to have to show sientor, meaning knowledge that she knew that the alleged third party in taking the child was going to cause harm to the child.

I think that`s where the problem`s going to be, especially --

GRACE: Ray.

GIUDICE: -- if the third party --

GRACE: Ray, please.

GIUDICE: -- turns out to be a family member who did not make an overt threat to harm the child.

GRACE: Ray. Ray.

GIUDICE: Yes, Nancy.

GRACE: Taking a 5-year-old girl out of the house in the middle of the night. Are you --

GIUDICE: That`s irresponsible.

GRACE: Well, I know for a fact that you are not crazy. Why are you even saying this?

GIUDICE: Because you know you can`t get the death penalty because you stand by and watch a third party commit homicide if you haven`t --

GRACE: No.

GIUDICE: -- conspired with them.

GRACE: No. No.

GIUDICE: I can stand by all day and watch somebody kill somebody and I don`t have a legal obligation to do anything about it. If she didn`t conspire and she didn`t assist -- Jean`s right, she`s got that charge, but not a capital case for death penalty, Nancy. You know that.

GRACE: Sue moss, we`ve heard them out.

MOSS: What?

GRACE: I don`t know. They both went to reputable law schools.

MOSS: I can`t believe it. This guy --

GIUDICE: And we both read the law, and there`s no sientor --

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: No, let her finish, Giudice.

MOSS: -- went to take on --

GRACE: Cut Ray`s mike. Go ahead, Sue.

MOSS: This guy went to take a gun and then he took the little girl instead. What could he have been taking this girl for other than a nefarious reason?

GRACE: If the scenario is true, I wonder, Sue Moss, if it was a fight over a gun, which Ronald Cummings denies, or something to do with Haleigh as it relates to Misty Croslin`s dope dealing.

Back to you, Art Harris. Isn`t it true that from behind bars this whole crew has been saying that it has to do with the dope dealing?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST, WWW.ARTHARRIS.COM: That`s right, Nancy. In fact, they have been denying they were dealing drugs when you see it in black and white. You see it in living color on the undercover video.

So obviously, they have a history of lying. In this case, I`m told that Misty`s story is that cousin Joe put a knife to her throat, Nancy, and that is why she was so frightened. Tommy says that he threatened to shoot him. So if this is true, then that is the fear factor.

GRACE: The fear factor. OK. You really think I believe anything these two say?

Art Harris, come on, you`re the investigative journalist --

HARRIS: Nancy, I`m just -- Nancy, I`m reporting what my sources are telling me. That`s all I can do. I`ll let you be the judge.

GRACE: OK. We`re taking your calls. To Mary in Georgia, hi, Mary.

MARY, CALLER FROM GEORGIA: Hi, Nancy.

GRACE: Hi, dear. What`s your question?

MARY: You know, in the very beginning, I think it was around the day that Misty came home from her three-day binge, she said that she had had company that afternoon, and I thought she said it was Joe and some cousins.

GRACE: You know what, you`re absolutely right, Mary in Georgia. What about it? To you, Jean Casarez.

JEAN CASAREZ, LEGAL CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": She`s right. Mary in Georgia is exactly right. And here`s -- Nancy, we`re seeing a pattern. We`re seeing so many people, including Junior, saying there were people there that late afternoon and that evening on that day. That`s a lot of similarities.

GRACE: You know, you`re right. And Mary in Georgia is right.

To Paul Penzone, former sergeant, Phoenix Police, director of provincial programs at Childhelp.org.

Penzone, what do you make of it?

PAUL PENZONE, DIRECTOR OF PREVENTION PROGRAMS, CHILDHELP.ORG, FORMER SERGEANT, PHOENIX PD: Well, if this turns out to be true, the things that we are learning it`s probably going to turn to a free-for-all which we`re going to see is everybody pointing the finger, him saying they were afraid, him saying that he was directed by them, so there`s going to be a lot of working parts.

But I have to say, Nancy, give credit to your show for keeping pressure on this case all this time because it was influential in the breaking point now.

GRACE: Penzone. Penzone. Let`s just get real for a minute.

PENZONE: Yes, ma`am.

GRACE: How many times have at trial -- and I would love to try co- defendants together. Put them all in the same pot in front of a jury and let them stew. They all start doing this. Oh, yes, he held a gun at me. Oh, yes, he put a knife to my throat.

They let the girl get taken. The girl is dead. I don`t believe one thing they`re saying about how they were threatened. They`re so threatened. They weren`t threatened.

PENZONE: They were all responsible if this turns out to be true. And each one of them could have made a difference. Regardless of who was responsible to take that baby`s life, that`s what happened, each one of them put themselves first and they could have made a difference in this child`s life and maybe stopped it from occurring.

GRACE: To Dr. Lillian Glass, psychologist, body language expert, and author of "Toxic People."

Dr. Glass, you and I have seen it over and over and over. Blame somebody else. The blame game. The SOD defense, some other dude did it. That`s where this is headed.

LILLIAN GLASS, PSYCHOLOGIST, BODY LANGUAGE EXPERT, AUTHOR OF "TOXIC PEOPLE": Exactly. And you see she had every opportunity to speak up. And you didn`t need a lie detector test. You could see it in her body language. The ums, the silence. You just saw it. She was completely lying. And now she`s whining.

She`s whining away in her prison cell -- or her jail cell, I should say -- and she wants to talk to the governor because she doesn`t like her food and she`s not happy that she can`t be with other prisoners.

This is a horribly spoiled, obnoxious girl, and I doubt there was a fear factor involved.

GRACE: Well, and another thing. They`ve been behind bars all this time. They weren`t in fear behind bars.

GLASS: Exactly.

GRACE: To tell the truth.

GLASS: Exactly.

GRACE: What? He leaves with the girls unless they were with him at the time when he left. Why didn`t they call 911? He was gone. They weren`t afraid anymore. They did nothing to protect the girl. If the scenario is true.

To Dr. Joshua Perper, chief medical examiner out of Broward County, author of "When to Call the Doctor." If her body has been in the St. John`s all this time, what would you expect to find, Dr. Perper?

DR. PERPER, CHIEF MEDICAL EXAMINER, BROWARD COUNTY, AUTHOR OF "WHEN TO CALL THE DOCTOR": Well, I would expect the body to be skeletonized, basically, you`ll have just bones and very little tissue. However, if the body was found in some kind of box, then there would be much better preservations of the body.

GRACE: That`s a good point, Dr. Perper. And in fact, a blue ice chest has just been pulled out of the St. John`s River.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

M. CROSLIN: It`s still focused -- everything`s still focused on Haleigh. This is what Haleigh wanted. She`s always talked about it.

UNIDENTIFIED 911 OPERATOR: When did you last see her?

M. CROSLIN: It was about 10:00. She was sleeping.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: What would you tell Misty to come back home and tell us the truth?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you feel that Misty is the key to this investigation?

RONALD CUMMINGS, FATHER OF HALEIGH CUMMINGS: No, I don`t.

(END OF VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Breaking news in the case of missing 5-year-old Florida girl Haleigh Cummings.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: A massive search in this neighborhood.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The search is again focusing on areas near her father`s hometown in Satsuma.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Off of the boat ramp which is just a quarter of a mile down the road.

LISA CROSLIN, MOTHER OF MISTY CROSLIN: I`m watching you on TV right now.

M. CROSLIN: What am I doing?

L. CROSLIN: You`re on NANCY GRACE, me and you talking on the phone.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The Putnam County Sheriff`s Office says authorities are acting on a tip but they didn`t elaborate it.

M. CROSLIN: What did they mean that our lives are going to be more than hell now than it was for this whole year?

HANK CROSLIN, FATHER OF MISTY CROSLIN: Because they`re going to wrap it up in the next few weeks.

M. CROSLIN: Well, I hope they do.

H. CROSLIN: I want to know where Haleigh`s at. I want to know who did it.

M. CROSLIN: Exactly.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Haleigh Cumming`s mother Crystal Sheffield has asked -- been asked to come down to the Putnam County Sheriff`s Office in regards to the search.

M. CROSLIN: I cry all the time about Haleigh, pray all the time about Haleigh.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Cadaver dogs, dive teams, fishing boats called in from all across areas of Florida to help hopefully find the clues that could lead them to this little girl.

H. CROSIN: I know for a fact Tommy -- Tommy ain`t got the heart -- Tommy ain`t had nothing to do with that (EXPLETIVE DELETED).

M. CROSLIN: Well, let`s not talk about that.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: There`s been so much talk and concern about this little girl hoping that, you know, she would be found alive, but the investigation is all focusing on a lake.

M. CROSLIN: I wish I had powers, man. I would be like poo-poof out this place.

(END OF VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: For those of you that are just joining us, as we go to air tonight at this moment, the St. John`s River is being combed by cadaver dogs, scuba divers, search teams, helicopters, as well as a densely wooded area about two miles south of where Haleigh was last seen alive. Her home.

We also know that Misty Croslin, the babysitter turned stepmother, was rousted out of her private jail cell today and questioned, taken to -- back to Putnam County, questioned for hours and then sent back to her jail cell.

Why?

We also are hearing reports that the suspect is in custody.

We are taking your calls live. To Heidi in Indiana, hi, Heidi.

HEIDI, CALLER FROM INDIANA: Hi, Nancy. Thank you so much for taking my call. And thank you for being the angel that you are. I am a victim of violence, and I really appreciate everything that you do for all of us.

GRACE: You know what, Heidi? I don`t deserve that. But I want to thank you anyway. And thank you for calling in.

HEIDI: Absolutely.

GRACE: What is your question, love?

HEIDI: I am wondering about Ronald Cummings. Has he been informed of all of this that`s been going on? And will this make any difference? I know that he`s still guilty of drug charges. But is this going to make any difference in the coming days with his trial for drugs?

GRACE: Out to Marlaina Schiavo, our producer that`s been on the story from the very beginning.

Marlaina, what do we know about Ronald Cummings being informed of what`s going on, Teresa Neves, his mother? What do we know?

MARLAINA SCHIAVO, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: We know that Ronald was informed along with his mother and his family today. They took him in handcuffs to inform him of what`s going on. And also in terms of that drug question, no, these are completely separate cases. So whatever happens here is not going to affect his drug charges.

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. Out to Allison in Florida, hi, Allison.

ALLISON, CALLER FROM FLORIDA: Hi, Nancy. Thank you for taking my call. I love your show.

GRACE: Thank you. Allison, can you believe this turn of events this long after Haleigh goes missing? I mean, we never gave up. We never gave up. But if it`s true, it is not of course the outcome that we wanted.

ALLISON: Right. And you never gave up either. My question is we go boating on the St. John`s River all the time. What are the chances of finding her? There are lots of alligators in that water.

GRACE: You know, that`s a good point. I want to go back to Tracy Sargent. And she`s got Cinco with her.

Tracy, first of all, show the viewers what the dog alerted on when he alerted earlier.

TRACY SARGENT, K9 HANDLER, SEARCH, RESCUE & RECOVERY SPECIALIST: Yes. This is a human jawbone. And this is what I wanted to show the viewers, what the dog responded, in this case, alerted to.

As the doctor mentioned, the last phase of decomposition is skeletal remains. And as we`ve seen video of the search operations down in Florida, the investigators are certainly going to be looking for skeletal remains and any suspicious items.

And the dogs can help with that. And in this case because they have a really good, accurate area that the dogs can concentrate on, even after this length of time and even under water, the dogs can alert to human remains scents.

GRACE: And how old is that jawbone that Cinco hit on?

SARGENT: This is a jawbone that`s been dead for over approximately 40 years.

GRACE: If Cinco can hit on a 40-year-old jawbone, certainly dogs, cadaver dogs would be able to find a child`s remains one year later. And I want to remind you that cadaver dogs are accurate under water.

I want to go back to Art Harris.

Art Harris, all this business that -- well, you know, wait a minute. Hold on, Art. Let`s take a listen back to what Daniel Horowitz just said. Horowitz and Giudice. Put them up with Art.

Horowitz. Why is it that these are the only people that seem to know where the body allegedly is, and you`re saying they had nothing to do with it?

HOROWITZ: I`m saying that Misty is typically like a battered woman. You know how battered women will be with an abusive husband, the children will be abused, they will remain silent because they`re turned off.

I`m saying that Misty is like that. Abused from childhood, she has no feelings. It doesn`t mean she`s blameless morally. But she needs compassion, too. We have to look at the big picture and --

GRACE: You`re making my chest hurt. Because, Ray Giudice, there is no evidence that she is an abused woman. None.

GIUIDICE: I agree, but let me also say --

GRACE: She`s a junkie.

GIUIDICE: Why has she sat on this for a year? It doesn`t make sense to me.

GRACE: Because if incriminates her, Art Harris.

GIUIDICE: Not on a murder case.

HARRIS: Nancy, it incriminates her --

(CROSSTALK)

HARRIS: But also it incriminates her brother. That`s who she was trying to protect by saying he left and Joe went out by himself. Now we know --

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Using underwater sonar devices and high visibility cameras, a team of divers searched the murky St. John`s River for clues in Haleigh Cumming`s disappearance.

Locals say the river bottom shifts and anything down below could be buried three to five feet deep in sediment. A river that may hold the clues to finding this 6-year-old girl.

(END OF VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: As we go to air into the night searchers are combing the St. John River. They have got out spotlights, they`ve got cadaver dogs, search teams. They had helicopters when it was still daylight.

Something or someone has led them to the St. John`s River, in a densely wooded areas, just two miles south of where Haleigh went missing out of her own home.

Think about it. I came to work tonight like Ronald Cummings did. Think about going home from work, all of you working mothers and fathers, and finding your child is gone. That is what happened to Ronald Cummings.

Is it culminating tonight there at the St. John`s River?

Out to the lines, Allison in Florida. Hi, Allison. Excuse me. Elisa, Tennessee. Hi Elisa.

ELISA, CALLER FROM TENNESSEE: Hi, Nancy. How are you?

GRACE: I`m good, dear. What`s your question?

ELISA: Nancy, my question is, could Misty be held liable if, in fact, she was so high on pills that she actually didn`t remember?

GRACE: Hold on. Elisa, stay with me. I have turned a back flip trying to figure out every scenario under which she didn`t know what happened.

Elisa, here`s the bottom line. Just this past week she took another polygraph and flunked. So if she were telling truth about I took pills, I passed out, I don`t remember, she would not have flunked four polygraphs.

She is lying. Not only that, a voice stress test and would not allow herself to go under hypnosis.

Everyone, right now you`re seeing a live search that`s ongoing for the body of Haleigh Cummings. Let`s keep her family in our prayers.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/13/ng.01.html

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:49 am

I am confused. NG reported that it has been turned into a homicide investigation. She said last night that there is a suspect in custody. Crystal was reported to have said that Joe killed her baby. Joe's mother says he is home in Tennessee and there have been no law enforcement coming to talk to him. This all just doesn't jive. Maybe today, facts will be made known, but as of now, I am confused about what I am hearing and reading.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:54 am

I think all these reports were all rumors or just plain out fabrications. I checked Art Harris website and he also is saying that its Joe Overstreet - but if this was true the Tennessee authorities would have taken him in - if not to arrest him at least to question him. I think we will find all of this including the search will come to naught. Haleigh disappeared 14 months ago and if, thrown in this river full of every kind of creature including alligators, what are the chances of even finding a bone? I dont get it but I think we have to
take what everyone is posting with a grain of salt.
A big spoonful of salt!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:59 am

artgal, I too am afraid that this is all another wild-goose chase that the Croslins have sent LE on...I hope not, and I hope that the truth as to what happened to Haleigh will soon be found out, BUT I think that Misty and Tommy may be saying anything to get out of jail (not realizing that it will not happen that way!)
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:07 am

I want to know what was in the blue cooler they pulled out of the river yesterday. If HaLeigh's body was in a container it is possible that the Skelton would be inside that container. NG was not the only one reporting this. JVM was all over this story.

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:23 am

I believe I saw a picture of them pulling it from the river. But if someone wanted to dump it, they would have weighed it down first - it could have just been filled with junk - a lot of people "litter" in water,
rivers, lakes, etc - its disgusting. If they didnt weigh it down it could really hurt someone bobbing along a boat or person - do people swim in that river?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 am

I have read people are suggesting it had Haleigh's body in it AND a cinder block (which was also used to keep the back door open allegedly).

Art, Terry Rose & Lisette, I agree with all of you to a certain extent. I DO think something tangible has happened but no sure what. I tend not to believe everything Art H says. I tend not to believe everything Simon from BNN says. (pardon the pun). So, not sure if Crystal actually said, "Joe killed my baby" or "Joe Overstreet threatened Tommy and Misty".

I just hope we all finally get to the truth or at the very least, find what is left of Haleigh - and soon! crying

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Antioch, TN man, Joe Overstreett, Questioned In Fla. Missing Child Case

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:56 am

Year-Long Search Leads Investigators To Nashville
Written by Tiffany Sawyer
POSTED: 6:54 am CDT April 14, 2010
UPDATED: 10:34 am CDT April 14, 2010

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- An Antioch man was questioned by investigators late Tuesday night about the 2009 disappearance of a Florida girl.

A recent tip has given investigators a new lead in their search for Haleigh Cummings, a 5-year-old girl who’s been missing for more than a year.

That search apparently led them to Nashville and Joseph Overstreet.
Overstreet and his attorney, Shawn Sirgo, arrived at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at about 11 p.m. Tuesday.

According to his Sirgo, Overstreet was called in by Florida investigators for routine questioning about the night Haleigh disappeared.

He’s the cousin of Misty Croslin, the teenage ex-wife of Haleigh’s father, and the last person seen with the child.

Overstreet, who’s now almost 21, was questioned in the days immediately following Haleigh’s disappearance, but has never been identified as a suspect or a person of interest.
Joseph has told investigators he was in the area when Haleigh went missing from her Florida home, but was in no way involved with the child’s disappearance.

“He has no knowledge of what happened to that poor child, and he’s heart-broken, too,” said Sirgo.

Police last spoke with Overstreet four to six months ago. Sirgo insisted Tuesday night’s meeting was routine, and that it wasn’t unexpected.
He said, “They initiated the contact, but it’s a follow-up to the last contacts we had. I knew at some time they would be asking us to come in again and we were in agreement with that.”
“The investigation is going to continue, they’ll contact me if they feel the need to speak with Joseph again,” explained Sirgo. “We will cooperate with them to any degree that assists the case.”

Meanwhile, dive teams and search crews spent much of Tuesday targeting an area of the St. Johns River in Putnam County, Fla., that was not originally on their radar.

“This area hasn’t been searched. We’re quite south of where she went missing from. This really wasn’t in the original search area,” said Lt. Johnny Greenwood.

The sheriff’s office would only say it was acting on an anonymous tip.

"We received a tip that there was possibly some physical evidence in the Haleigh Cummings investigation and we're just following up on that lead to verify it," explained Greenwood.
Haleigh was last seen in her father Ronald Cumming’s home in February 2009.

Croslin, Cumming’s then-girlfriend, and now ex-wife, said she put Haleigh in bed and that was the last anyone saw of her.
Cummings and Croslin are currently both in jail in connection with a prescription drug ring.
In the last year police have received more than 5,000 tips in Haleigh’s disappearance. Investigators are hoping this recent lead will finally help them find out what happened to the missing girl.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/23145916/detail.html

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 am

Teresa Neves was on The Today Show this morning. You have to look for it, but click here and you will find it. Very interesting and sad.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:22 am

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23146427/index.html

This is a very informative video.

The white cooler box was a piece of LE equipment. They found nothing yesterday in the water.

LE is looking for two things in particular. "One person w/be charged w/her murder".

They do NOT think they w/find Haleigh's body.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 am

If they dont think they will find her body - what the heck are they looking for?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:31 am

by Wrapitup Today at 11:20 am

Teresa Neves was on The Today Show this morning. You have to look for it, but click here and you will find it. Very interesting and sad.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/

Wrap, can you tell me a short version of what she said since I can't watch it here at work... Pretty please with ice cream on top ❤
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:35 am

Has anyone else read this? Sorry if it was already posted somewhere up thread!!

Ex-FBI Agent Says He Solved Haleigh Case
POSTED: Wednesday, April 14, 2010
UPDATED: 12:13 pm EDT April 14, 2010

An Amber Alert was issued February 10 for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings
MORE ONLINE:
Haleigh Cummings Disapearance Timeline
Tour Of Satsuma Home Where Haleigh Disappeared
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A former FBI agent told Channel 4 news Wednesday he knows what happened to Haleigh Cummings and why dozens of sheriff's deputies, divers and other officials are spending a second day searching the St. Johns River.
"Monday was the culmination of this 10-month investigation I've been doing," said Steve Brown, now a private investigator working for Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield. "We presented this to the Putnam Country Sheriff's Office and the FDLE, and with their cooperation, finally got the final details of what transpired in that trailer on Feb. 9th."
Five-year-old Haleigh disappeared from her father's mobile home in Satsuma sometime after she was put to bed that night. By the next morning, an Amber Alert was issued and 14 months of search efforts and investigation into thousands of tips and spanning several states began.

Scott Brown appeared Wednesday on the morning show
VIDEO:
Former FBI Agent Claims To Have Solved Haleigh Case
Brown said he knows what happened to Haleigh, and evidence prosecutors need to prove it is what investigators are searching for in the river near the Shell Harbor Boat Ramp -- about five miles south of where Haleigh disappeared.
"I can tell you, but I won't," What the Heck?, then why come out with this then? ~Mommy~Brown told Channel 4's Bruce Hamilton. "I can't tell you anything, at this point, that I think will compromise the police investigation."
While Brown wouldn't say who the Putnam County Sheriff's Office considers suspects, he said he does not think Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, had anything to do with her disappearance. He could not say the same for Misty Croslin, the teenage babysitter who put Haleigh to bed that night and would go on to marry, then divorce Ronald Cummings.
"Misty certainly knows what happened in the trailer that night," Brown said. http://www.news4jax.com/news/23147800/detail.html
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 am

artgal16 wrote:If they dont think they will find her body - what the heck are they looking for?
They said two distinctive pieces of evidence.

Mommy, basically..nothing new. Just that she thinks Misty may be involved, she is praying and can't say any more than that. And, yes, I had heard rumblings about this Scott person as being a PI for Ron and may have mentioned it a few pages back but had not read this article. Thanks for posting it!!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal The TV Guy

Post by Nama on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:47 am

Haleigh Cummings: Grandmother says she believes Misty Croslin told authorities something new
NBC, Today, WESH — posted by halboedeker on April, 14 2010

Haleigh Cummings’ paternal grandmother told “Today” this morning that she believes Misty Croslin has told authorities something new in the case of the missing girl.

“I do believe that she [Croslin] told them something. I’m not sure what it is or how it can help,” grandmother Teresa Neves said. “I know they’ve spoken to her. I do not know if this new lead has anything to do with her.”

Authorities yesterday started a new search of the St. Johns River, which continues today. Croslin was baby-sitting 5-year-old Misty when the girl disappeared in February 2009. Croslin later married and divorced Ronald Cummings, Haleigh’s father. Crosling and Cummings are jailed on drug charges.

Michelle Kosinski of “Today” reported that Croslin’s lawyer says the new tip didn’t come from his client.

Neves couldn’t say a lot about the new search, she told NBC’s Meredith Vieira. Neves said the family holds out hope that Haleigh is alive.

Vieira asked Neves how she holds on to the hope. ”A lot of prayer, really that’s all you can do is hope,” Neves said, her voice breaking.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 pm

Wrapitup wrote:http://www.news4jax.com/video/23146427/index.html

This is a very informative video.

The white cooler box was a piece of LE equipment. They found nothing yesterday in the water.

LE is looking for two things in particular. "One person w/be charged w/her murder".

They do NOT think they w/find Haleigh's body.

Now I am just plain disappointed. Richard Grund had some things to say about this on his facebook.

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:25 pm

What's in that video? I can't watch it yet a fit
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum