6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:41 am

Interesting, Wrap! It sounds like LE is trying to "cover their butts" by calling it a "death investigation" instead of a homicide. Curiouser and curiouser...

However, I'm really not surprised that they didn't find much evidence of Haleigh's body - it's been over a year & if there are alligators in that river, there probably wouldn't be much left of her!

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:50 pm

Published: April 18, 2010

Will the Haleigh Cummings' Homicide Case be Solved this Week?

By John Kays

NOTHING MAKES ANY SENSE?

Since it was first reported that 5 year old Haleigh Cummings vanished from her Satsuma trailer home on February 10, 2009, I have been following this case. I have tried to write about this case before but nothing ever makes any sense to me. As I got to know the Croslins and the Cummings (by way of the media) things only got stranger and stranger. The media ate up this sickness as if the Barnum and Bailey Circus had moseyed into town.

I sensed that Ronald Cummings didn't really believe that a complete stranger had abducted his lovely little girl.
"I just got home from work and my 5-year-old daughter is gone," he told a dispatcher. "If I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing them. I don't care if I spend the rest of my life in prison." (ABC News-Police Say 5-Year-Old Haleigh Cummings is Dead, Identify Persons of Interest in Case by Emily Friedman-April 16, 2010)

Right from the get go law enforcement in the small town of Satsuma, Florida seemed suspicious that this abduction was an internal matter, a family affair. PCSO Maj. Gary Bowling said on February 11, 2009, "All the world's a suspect. We're going to treat everybody, every family member, every associate, every neighbor as a suspect until we can eliminate them." Finally they're honing in on the culprits.

FLORA HOLLARS TALKS

Flora Hollars is the grandmother to Misty Croslin, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. and Joe Overstreet. Grandma Flo is not withholding anything. Misty told Flo, allegedly, that someone "tied a brick block to the rope and dropped her (Haleigh) into the St. Johns River." Tommy confirmed to Flora that his cousin, Joe Overstreet, killed Haleigh. Flora said, "Joe is the one who did it." Flo and Joe live in Nashville, Tennessee.

It has been reported that Flora Hollars is the source for the tip that led authorities to a specific area of the St. Johns River, a boat ramp at Shell Harbour Road. This area is only five miles from the trailer home where Haleigh disappeared from. This is incorrect. The tip actually came from Tommy Croslin, who took a lie detector test on April 8th.

IS COUSIN JOE A RED HERRING?

Levi Page, a true crime reporter, believes that Misty and Tommy's latest version of the events of the evening of February 9, 2009, is another bold face lie. They are now fingering their cousin, Joe Overstreet. Levi said on Jane Velez-Mitchell, "Cousin Joe is a Red Herring." The Croslins have been lying all along, why are they suddenly pointing the finger at Joe? Are they covering up their own involvement?

Joseph Overstreet

Did cousin Joe kill little Haleigh in an amphetemine-fueled rage, overa machine gun? This makes no sense! photos by John Kays

This new account has Joe visiting the trailer to pick up a machine gun that he thought Ron owed him. Was this over a drug deal? According to this latest tall tale, when Joe couldn't find the gun, he put a knife to Misty's throat, then abducted innocent little Haleigh; you know the ending. Was this part of Misty's dream of five mysterious figures looming over her bed on the night in question? Shawn Sirgo, Joe Overstreet's attorney, said his client is "broken over this," "doesn't know where to turn" and "knows he is being used by people whose story keeps changing." (CNN)

A DISJOINTED TIMELINE

Since it seems as if the case is coming to an end (that may be a mere appearance), I returned to the beginning of events yesterday. I then struggled through the confusion of the timeline, which comes to 14 months, attempting to tie things together. Befuddlement came over me! Feb. 9, 2009-April 18, 2010-what I see is a string of disjointed subtopics; all I see is a rambling sequence of events with no apparent meaning.

If this post seems random or disjointed, that's because it is. The facts in this case, as they've been piped through our media, have heretofore made no sense at all. It's like a string of beads, but without any string. Events appear random, inconsequential? Oddly enough, once law enforcement solves the case, everything will suddenly make sense. The beads will have a string. Two examples from this timeline will prove my case of IRRATIONALITY: 1. the marriage and divorce of Ron and Misty and 2. the sensational drug bust of last January!

MARRIAGE AND DIVORCE OF RON AND MISTY

Ron asked Misty to marry him at a Chili's in March of 2009, around a month after Haleigh disappeared. Did Ron not suspect that Misty may have been involved somehow in his daughter's disappearance? I suspect that he did, but was perhaps in denial. In October of 2009, just 7 months later, the odd couple decided to call it quits. The reason cited is the constant pressure from the media. Were these two ever in love? Maybe.
Ron and Misty.

Why did Ron and Misty marry, then divorce seven months later? Were they in LOVE? photos by John Kays

DRUG BUST-TRAFFICKING IN PRESCRIPTION DRUGS
How could these people be so stupid as to engage in trafficking prescription drugs, such as Oxycodone and Hydrocodone, after the media and police were watching them constantly like hawks? It cannot be understood. It's irrational. But drug dealing of prescription pills must be most lucrative! Ron, Misty and Tommy were snarled in a sting operation last January by undercover officers. The previous October, Misty had been robbed of her purse when going to purchase drugs. Unbelievable!

STEVE BROWN, FORMER FBI AGENT, KNOWS WHO DID IT!

Steve Brown is a private investigator working for Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield. Steve knows the ending to our story, but his lips are sealed. The tension mounts. The Putnam County Sheriff's Office must build their case carefully, if it's going to hold up in court. Steve Brown has been working on the case for 10 months and has apparently put the pieces of the puzzle together. One telling comment of Brown's: "There may be other people culpable, but as to who killed Haleigh, that's not going to be a big surprise." Try me Mr. Brown!

Steve Brown FBI agent

Former FBI agent, Steve Brown, has solved this case. When will we know what he already knows? photos by John Kays

WHAT MADE THE MEDIA GO BIRSERK?

At first I wasn't so interested in the Croslin/Cummings case. That changed after the drug bust and after the developments last week. I was shocked by Flora Hollars new revelations, especially with regard to cousin Joe. But Folk in the media, such as Nancy Grace have thrived, almost exclusively, on any trivial details brushing on Ron or Misty, and now on Tommy. This is hard to explain, but I'll give it a try.

It must spike the ratings! Yes, it's just that simple. Nancy Grace showcases it almost every night. She would drop it if it were a dud. I loved the tour video of the Cummings' trailer, because you could do a reenactment of the crime. Yet I seek wider, sociological causes for the staying power of Misty and Ron. I've read many comments of people on press coverage of the case.

The Croslins and the Cummings are portrayed as poor white trailer trash, and are thought of as if they are the Hatfields and the McCoys. People love to see stupid, feuding white people, screwing up royally. It's that simple. Everyone loves to watch the drug sting videos and see the swagger of teeny Misty. She is an unlikely narco-trafficker; she looks like she's no more than 15 years old. Doesn't look like a big drug pusher, but this is just what pushes the ratings through the roof!

TWO THEORIES FOR HALEIGH CUMMINGS' DEATH

As we wait for the case to break, as we watch divers plunge the depths of the St. Johns River, we grow tenser and tenser. Do you recall how you felt on the 4th of July, when you were very young, and a bully neighbor lights a Black Cat firecracker at your feet? You see the lit fuse, your pulse surges, and you anticipate the explosion about to occur. Will your foot blow off into the air? Probably.

Misty Croslin
What did Misty Croslin reveal to authorities on the Shell Harbour dock? photos by John Kays

A. That's how tense we are. Will we find out this week? I doubt it. Theory one has a drowsy Misty, coming off a three day binge of drugs and sex, slipping Haleigh a pill of Oxycontin to quiet the child so that she can sleep. Haleigh ODs on the pill. When Tommy comes over, they decide to dispose of the body, throw it in the river and make it look like a predator killed her. As far-fetched as this is, this theory could be the one.

B. Theory two has the cousin Joe doing it. Joe looks over the trailer for the machine gun, holds a knife to Misty's throat, then abducts Haleigh; flees to his favorite fishing spot, the Shell Harbour Road ramp on the St. Johns. (Overt your eyes here) Flora says a yellow rope was used, then cinder blocks were attached to the rope and crazy Joe threw the child overboard. Flora says that Joe had guns and knives. She also says that when Joe returned to Nashville he was sullen or ashen, as if he had been traumatized by some foul event. The only way that I can make this theory work, is if Joe was on amphetamines. This is highly possible though. These kids were doing many drugs at this time. And Joe suspiciously left Florida right after Haleigh vanished. Family members are afraid of him too. This may be the one.

ST. JOHNS AS MYSTIC RIVER

By now everyone has seen a shackled Misty Croslin on the boat ramp, taken out of jail, to talk to authorities at the supposed scene of the crime. The exclusive film footage was shot from a helicopter by WKMG-Channel 6. Before Misty wasn't talking, but now she is. Why? In the movie Mystic River, Dave Boyle gives a false confession to Jimmy Markum about killing Jimmy's daughter. Jimmy then stabs him in the stomach, shoots him, then tosses his body in the Mystic River. We stand as ONE on the Shell Harbour Road boat dock.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100418090329kays.nb/topstory.html

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Whodunnit? Haleigh Cummings' Homicide Suspects Winnowing Away

Carol Bengle Gilbert
Published April 18, 2010

With the Haleigh Cummings search turned homicide investigation, public attention is turned to the question "Whodunnit?" Simon Barrett of Blogtalkradio, who has been following the case since Haleigh first disappeared a year ago February, reported Sunday that Steve Brown, a private investigator hired by Haleigh Cummings' mother Crystal Sheffield, says he knows the answer to the "Whodunnit?" question. According to Barrett, Brown indicated that the suspect would surprise those familiar with the case.

In a April 13 report, Barrett talked of a male tipster whose information led to the Shell Harbour Boat Ramp search on the St. John's river, saying his identity "leads to a very intriguing possible chain of events that does tie directly to one of the folks currently experiencing the hospitality of the Florida jail system."

What exactly the tipster statement means is uncertain. Almost any chain of events would tie to Misty Croslin Cummings, jailed on drug charges, simply because she was the babysitter responsible for watching Haleigh Cummings on the night the 5 year old vanished. And tying the case to one of the parties in jail does not necessarily mean that the jailed person is the killer.

But if the tipster means that the killer is in jail on unrelated charges, the combination of surprise and jail eliminate family members who have been prominently discussed in the media.

"Surprise" Suspect Would Rule Out Misty and Ron Cummings

Both Misty Croslin Cummings and Ronald Cummings have been widely talked about as possible suspects for as long as the Haleigh Cummings case has been under investigation, despite police long ago ruling out Ronald Cummings as a suspect. While both Haleigh Cummings' father and former stepmother are indeed in jail at present, they would seem to be ruled out by any death scenario dependent on a surprise suspect, though that would not necessarily exclude them out as persons of interest who might have withheld information about Haleigh Cummings' death or assisted the killer in hiding the little girl's body.

In an interview with WJAX, Brown, a former FBI agent, said that he didn't believe that Ronald Cummings was culpable in Haleigh's death. Brown suggested any culpability on Misty Croslin Cummings' part might result from her caretaking responsibility. A drug overdose, accidental fatal injury, or even an improvident discovery by Haleigh leading to murder by a visitor to the trailer on Misty's watch would fit the parameters suggested by Brown, though other possibilities remain viable.

If Ronald Cummings is not culpable, as Brown suggests, any drug overdose that may have occurred presumably would have stemmed from access to drugs brought into the trailer by Misty or her guests.

Alleged Sex Offender Joe Overstreet a Probable No-Go as Killer

Joe Overstreet, Misty's cousin who is allegedly a sex offender and who was in town when Haleigh Cummings disappeared has been widely fingered as the potential killer. Misty Croslin Cummings' grandmother Flora Hollars claims Misty and Tommy both told her Joe is responsible for Haleigh's disappearance. But Joe Overstreet, while a convenient suspect due to his background and access, does not seem to have been favored by police as the man responsible and is not currently experiencing the hospitality of the Florida jail system. His identification as the killer would not be a surprise to the followers of the Haleigh Cummings case; thus, he does not fit the criteria Brown described.

With Misty having claimed that she was sexually abused during her childhood by cousin Joe Overstreet, the possibility of her naming him responsible for Haleigh's disappearance as revenge cannot be overlooked. On the other hand, naming his as responsible for Haleigh's disappearance would not necessarily mean he killed Haleigh; perhaps Misty meant that Joe disposed of Haleigh's body. Misty has previously suggested that two family members would be hurt by her revealing what happened the night Haleigh disappeared, and Joe and Tommy were the two family members known to be at Ronald Cummings' Satsuma trailer the night of Haleigh's disappearance.

Tommy Croslin Appears in the Hotseat but Role Unclear

Could the chain of evidence lead to Tommy Croslin, Misty's brother who reportedly went to Ronald Cummings' Satsuma trailer the night Misty disappeared at Ronald's request when he couldn't reach Misty on the phone?

Misty Croslin Cummings' brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin, Jr. admits being at Ronald Cummings' trailer on the night Haleigh Cummings disappeared. According to his attorney James S. Werter, Tommy Croslin is the tipster who gave police the information that led to their reclassifying the search for Haleigh as a homicide investigation.

Whoever killed Haleigh Cummings, assuming it wasn't Misty, had to be someone Misty wanted to protect if she knew what happened to the little girl she was babysitting. Tommy and Misty are reportedly close, supporting the notion that Misty might opt to protect him if he were somehow responsible for or involved in the aftermath of Haleigh's death. If the death were accidental, an interesting question arises as to whether its the legal system Tommy Croslin or Misty would seek protection from or a grieving Ronald Cummings whose immediate response to Haleigh's disappearance was to threaten to kill the person that took her and to denounce his girlfriend-babysitter as a "dumb bitch."

Hope Sykes and Donna Brock Too Peripheral

Hope Sykes and Donna Brock are also jailed as a result of the drug sting that led to Ronald and Misty's arrest January 20. Sykes, Ronald Cummings' cousin, has not been a key player in the drama surrounding Haleigh's death and it's unlikely she is the missing link. Brock appeared on the scene after Haleigh's disappearance as a searcher for Equusearch and seems the unlikeliest candidate of all to have had any role in the events leading to Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2906270/whodunnit_haleigh_cummings_homicide_pg3.html?cat=8

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Where is Amber?
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Good question. I think she and Nay Nay are out of jail at this time, but I can read between the lines. Have actually thought they had something to do w/Haleigh missing for awhile. Amber and Misty do NOT get along at all as we know.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Attorney: Police Believed They Could Crack Misty

Jessica Clark Created: 4/18/2010 12:17:59 PM Updated: 4/18/2010 6:03:56 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- After taking Misty Croslin to the dock where divers scoured the St. Johns River for clues in the Haleigh Cummings investigation, the Putnam County Sheriff said he believes the teenager still holds information that is key to solving the case.

Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father thinks Croslin may know more as well, according to Cummings' attorney, Terry Shoemaker.

"He's still hoping that if Misty did know something -- and it appears she did -- he's hoping it was something she was forced to do, threatened to do, and that's why she wouldn't talk to him," Terry Shoemaker said.

Shoemaker spoke to First Coast News this weekend about his client.

Like Croslin, Cummings is in jail on un-related drug charges. The two are accused of prescription drug trafficking.

Months ago, Cummings' mother said he may have done those crimes to get close to Misty after the divorce, in order to learn what happened to Haleigh.
Could Teresa Neves be any more delusional???

This weekend, Cummings' attorney shed new light on the relationship.

"The police always said, 'If you divorce Misty, we'll find something out. She'll crack.' They've told him, 'If Misty got in trouble, in jail, we could probably get her to crack,'" Shoemaker said. WTH??? That didn't go over to well now - did it? They are Both in the slammer!

Misty's grandmother, Flora Hollars said this week that Misty and her brother, Tommy, have cracked. Hollars said they told her what happened to Haleigh.

Hollars says the two Croslins told her that their cousin, Joe Overstreet, took and killed Haleigh.

Published reports say it was all over a fight with Ronald Cummings about a gun.

Overstreet, who lives in Tennessee, maintains his innocence. He said he does not know what happened to Haleigh.

Shoemaker said he and Cummings "have spoken about that. I don't feel comfortable getting into anything that could interfere with law enforcement's investigation at this time."

Haleigh disappeared from her home in Satsuma in February 2009. Misty Croslin was babysitting her and her younger brother at the time while Cummings was at work. Croslin said then that she woke up in the middle of the night and Haleigh was gone.

In a November interview with First Coast News, Cummings stood by Croslin, who was his wife then. During the interview, she claimed she did not know what happened to Haleigh.

So is Cummings angry with her now? Shoemaker said no.

"There's not anger. There's disappointment that she didn't feel she could come forward and tell him what may have happened that night -- if she in fact knew," Shoemaker said. B.S. Ron isn't angry? Does the attorney really expect us to believe that he is simply disappointed??? What a crock!

For now, Cummings remains in jail waiting for answers about what really happened to his daughter.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=154929&catid=3

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Oh, Wrap, I almost lost my friggen' mind today listening to the Marinader on BNN.
God gave me strength before I heaved the puter through the stained glass window.
Ron isn't angry. Hmmm. That would be the first I have heard of anyone in Satsuma that was in control of anything--let alone their feelings.. BS crap pick in
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:53 pm

You know he looked amazing calm heading back to jail. But I know the Ron all of you got to know no way is he not mad. Unless of course he was involved some how. Like with the cover up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:56 pm

It was painful to listen to that idiot ramble on and on and on. And, then when that one caller had a question for him after he had already hung up and he called back, I thought I was going to throw what is left of my puter across the room.

As a site owner, he was extremely rude, boisterous and disrespectful to others who wanted to discuss Haleigh. And, Simon and company (including a surprise visit from Cobra???) didn't help!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Wrap, who are you talking about?
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 pm

Marinade Dave was on Blog Talk Radio today.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Haleigh Cummings has been missing for about 14 months now. She was last seen with Misty Croslin, Haleigh’s former stepmother. Misty is currently in jail for unrelated drug charges. To say unrelated is probably ridiculous. Look, the cops found something else to hold her on and are dying for her to crack. That might be exactly what happened.

Police have recently shifted their investigation to a Florida river. Apparently, they are acting on a lead that was given by possibly Misty’s brother. Ronald Cummings, Haleigh’s father, has been dedicated to the search of his daughter this entire time. The poor man has been facing a lot of heartache over this awful situation. Some of us may not believe that he is so heartbroken since he has been rekindling his relationship with ex, Misty, even though the police may suspect that she had something to do with his daughter’s appearance.

However, Ronald has insisted throughout the months that he doesn’t think Misty is smart enough to keep such a big secret for so long and cover it up from the cops. Maybe he doesn’t understand the ways of a shady woman, but he’s about to be taught a sad lesson because authorities appear certain that Haleigh is sadly dead. This is a devastating blow to not only the family members, but all of America who was hoping to find the beautiful girl alive with the same smile we’ve been watching for the past year. The likelihood of that happening appears to be dwindling.

http://likeitido.com/2010/04/16/breaking-news-haleigh-cummings-believed-to-be-dead/7656

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:30 pm

Weighing in on this one. Nobody in that family is without blame for what happened to little Haleigh. All those adults knew Misty was a druggie. They knew she had been gone drugging for three days. Yet they let her be in charge of a precious child. I still can't believe they allowed that.

Ron and his swagger. The more I read about his day and night the more I am thinking he just might be involved in some way. Did he marry Misty to protect his own arse?

Misty and Tommy and Timmy and Cousin nutso. They all look guilty to me.

I can never get that picture of Misty in the airport giving her interview like she was a movie star.

I hope they hang the whole bunch. Shame on them.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Wrapitup wrote:

This is very informative.

Yes it was!

Thank you, Kathie!
xoxo
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:52 pm

My gut, which qualifies as speculation only, seems to stay with the feeling that Misty did not kill Haleigh, but knows who was involved and that Ronald, uncooth as he may be, was not aware of what happened.

As it is gut vs. intellect, (that cannot even take me to a reasonable conclusion on this one)...other than what I stated last night...it is more about an intuitive interpretation of people's behavior.

I hope that we learn the truth soon, as I certainly do not know if my gut is right. It only feels that way.

xoxo
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:56 pm

I love it when my gut feels right!! Or, I am right about my gut.

You know I am teasing you, Heike.

I think at this point, all we can do is go w/our gut as the intellect in this case went out the window a long, long time ago.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:52 am

Wrapitup wrote:

TWO THEORIES FOR HALEIGH CUMMINGS' DEATH

A. That's how tense we are. Will we find out this week? I doubt it. Theory one has a drowsy Misty, coming off a three day binge of drugs and sex, slipping Haleigh a pill of Oxycontin to quiet the child so that she can sleep. Haleigh ODs on the pill. When Tommy comes over, they decide to dispose of the body, throw it in the river and make it look like a predator killed her. As far-fetched as this is, this theory could be the one.

B. Theory two has the cousin Joe doing it. Joe looks over the trailer for the machine gun, holds a knife to Misty's throat, then abducts Haleigh; flees to his favorite fishing spot, the Shell Harbour Road ramp on the St. Johns. (Overt your eyes here) Flora says a yellow rope was used, then cinder blocks were attached to the rope and crazy Joe threw the child overboard. Flora says that Joe had guns and knives. She also says that when Joe returned to Nashville he was sullen or ashen, as if he had been traumatized by some foul event. The only way that I can make this theory work, is if Joe was on amphetamines. This is highly possible though. These kids were doing many drugs at this time. And Joe suspiciously left Florida right after Haleigh vanished. Family members are afraid of him too. This may be the one.

I've thought all along that Theory A is most likely the correct theory. However, I think there are more than just these two theories out there, so it is confusing! But, I'm sure the truth will eventually come out one way or the other, and we may all be in for a big surprise! :idk:

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:16 am

Wrapitup wrote:I love it when my gut feels right!! Or, I am right about my gut.

You know I am teasing you, Heike.

I think at this point, all we can do is go w/our gut as the intellect in this case went out the window a long, long time ago.

Exactly, Kathie, I am clueless of the details, just know some things are true and some things feel true.

Blessings to Haleigh xoxo

Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:08 am

Geraldo show says "Case Closed" re: Haleigh Cummings

Post by CritterFan1 Today at 10:06 am
Anyone else see Geraldo last night?Sunday) His brother Craig, was at the Lake area where the search for HaLeigh/evidence has gone on. Craig actually said the words on camera, "Case Closed". This was right after the statement that Misty killed HaLeigh with a board. Have looked on utube...Who knows about Cousin Joe but all of the key players. I think he will be charged with aiding and abetting by helping dispose of her body.

[b]ustice for Leah[b]
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:21 am

Didn't see it but tivo'd it. Thanks, Critter.

Note to Craig and Geraldo Rivera: Just because Craig says "Case Closed" re: Haleigh Cummings or any missing case doesn't mean Jack!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:08 am

What is this rumor about Misty killing Haleigh with a board? I had not heard that...who said that?
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Supposedly, Granny Hollars says Tommy told her that. I think. It is so hard to get the real truth from any of these players.

One more thing I want to add. Yesterday, on Blog Talk Radio, Cobra said that the "bouncing couch" was - are you all ready for this?? Misty and her brother, Tommy having sex
and that Haleigh woke up, saw them and they killed her so she wouldn't tell Ron and it wouldn't get back to Tommy's wife. Now, as much as I think the Croslin clan are dysfunctional in just about every way you can name, this scenario is utterly ridiculous!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:27 pm

As crazy and sad as all of this is, IF i see another quote like this

"After an extensive river search reportedly uncovers new evidence leading police to believe Haleigh is dead, has her body finally been found? What really happened to this little girl?"(nancy grace headline on FB) I am going to find that woman and beat her down. Does she really know something about that poor little girls body being found? Im thinking no, its her over sensationalizing again! sorry That was just a rant.

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:28 pm

These are all just rumors - I cannot believe Cobra
said that = even in Deliverance they didnt have such outlandish plots! I still believe the bouncing couch
was someone trying to revive Haleigh - pushing up and down on her chest would cause the bounching up and down.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Believe it Artgal. He said it!!

NM Girl, my sentiments exactly about NG.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:50 pm

" alt="" />
Interview w/Ron Cummings Attorney

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Hwy Wrap, I can't listen to this Video, is there an article or a link to where this was taken so I can see if they also have an article? Thanks a ton!!
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Actually I believe there was a "bouncing couch". Jr is about the only one I do believe in all of this.

Darn I forgot about Geraldo. He does cover something like this now and then. If Ronald is involved it will be sweet revenge for Geraldo. Remember when Geraldo interviewed him and the three of them got into it..Teresa included. That gave me a good look at that bunch when they weren't all weeping and pointing fingers at each other.

Poor little Haleigh. I hope somebody down there has gotten JR some counseling so he can understand this mess. How do you tell a kid "your familys nuts, all of them"?
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Art Harris says that a yellow rope was found in Tommy Croslin's home - not in the river.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:16 pm

I heard yellow rope tied to cinder blocks was found in the river that match rope from Croslin's house. That is how it was stated on JVM. HaLeighs family told to plan a funeral. They has to be more than they are telling us.

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 pm

I cant believe any of this - Harris's site states a yellow rope was found in Tommy Croslins home. Ive been checking the new websites I follow and I see nothing about what JVM posted. I think they should have to name at least the source where they got it from if it was a public source and not a confidential one.
Too many rumors and not enough facts!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Art Harris on on NG saying the rope was found in the van. ??? I don't have a clue what is the truth. We have been mislead to many times in this case to trust much of anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:42 pm

The Bald Truth has learned exclusively that investigators in the Haleigh Cummings case have retrieved a piece of yellow rope from the home where Tommy Croslin lived with his family when niece Haleigh Cummings vanished.

A yellow rope has been described as a possible murder weapon, possibly used to tie the five year old girl to cinder blocks and sink her body in the St. John’s River within five miles of the trailer where Haleigh lived with her father and then girlfriend Misty Croslin.

Sources close to the case tell me investigators asked Tommy Croslin’s wife, Lindsay, for permission to search the home she once shared with Croslin’s parents for evidence and she agreed. That’s where the yellow rope was found, sources tell me. Lindsay could not be reached for comment. Read the rest of this entry
souce: www.artharris.com
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:03 pm

I have a hard time believing what Art Harris says - emmy or not..his stories change like Cobra's or Padilla's. First the yellow rope is at Ron & Misty's, then it is in the van, then it is in Tommy's house. Yellow rope is common and used for fishing. So, I am sure lots of people that live near a lake, the ocean or a river who fish have yellow rope. IMO, it means nothing unless the rope was cut and the piece they allegedly found in the river matches the piece they found wherever they found it.

Mommy, upthread I believe on page 7 there is an article about Ron's lawyer saying that LE told him to prepare for a funeral and that he (Ron) thinks Haleigh is in the river.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:53 am

JVM transcripts from last night show.
Strange twists and turns in the search for Haleigh Cummings. Why are cops asking Ron, the dad to prepare for her funeral?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mystery mounts in the desperate search for little Haleigh Cummings. The cops have now told Haleigh`s father to begin to make funeral arrangements.

What did police find in that river? New reports say they are doing tests on cinder blocks and rope. If they still don`t have a body, do they have a case?
Something big may be about to happen in the Haleigh Cummings case. Tonight reports that Haleigh`s father Ron Cummings has been told to start making funeral arrangements. Could this mean the cops have found the precious child`s remains or even a speck of conclusive, biological evidence?

Police are investigating the 5-year-old`s disappearance as a homicide. But are they any closer to nailing who killed Haleigh?

Art Harris of thebaldtruth.com reports cops have found a piece of a yellow rope from a home where Misty`s brother Tommy Croslin was living when little Haleigh vanished on Misty`s watch more than 14 months ago. Misty Croslin`s grandmother said Misty told her about a yellow rope as a possible weapon used to tie Haleigh to cinder blocks and then tossed her body in the St. Johns River.

HLN affiliate WJXT reports cops also pulled a pair of cinder blocks from the river and are sending them for forensic testing; could those blocks have been used to weigh down little Haleigh?
Meantime, did Ron Cummings -- get this -- purposefully divorce Misty and then intentionally get himself busted in that February drug sting along with Misty, just to try to get Misty to crack and finally tell the whole truth? Ron`s attorney made this jaw-dropping statement.
TERRY SHOEMAKER, RONALD CUMMINGS` ATTORNEY: The police have always said that, you know, first if you divorce Haleigh -- I`m sorry -- divorce Misty, you know, we`ll find something out. She`ll crack. They told him, you know if Misty got in trouble, if Misty was in jail, we could probably get her to crack.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow, if true, talk about a father`s dedication, willing to get arrested, possibly go to jail.

By the way, bounty hunter Leonard Padilla tells ISSUES that Ron`s family has approached him to bail Ron out of jail. A dizzying array of new developments to discuss.
Straight out to my fantastic expert panel, plus we are joined by Jean Casarez, "In Session" correspondent from our sister network, TruTV.

Jean, you`re tracking this case. What is the very latest?

JEAN CASAREZ, TRUTV CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": Well, we do know -- let`s look at the facts -- that Terry Shoemaker, the attorney for Ronald Cummings went to see him on Friday. We also know that the sheriff`s department gave him two updates during the week in regard to the search at the St. Johns River.

And now the reports are coming out that he may have, in fact, have been told to prepare for a funeral. If true, that is a huge, huge statement. Because to have a funeral, what we can translate that to, common sense tells us that they found something in the form of remains.

And I think also, Jane, it is huge that this case became a homicide case last week. That means something had to have been found in the St. Johns River.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mike Brooks, everybody thinks we`re looking for a body, we`re looking for a body. But in fact, all they need is one tiny bone from that child`s body that was somehow on the river bed and test that for analysis. And if that test comes back positive, they have got what they need, right?

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: That`s exactly right, Jane, because as we know, there was a forensic anthropologist there on the scene doing some testing of some of the items that they did recover. We heard that there were items recovered by Sheriff Hardy. He said that they did recover their 20 to 30 divers.

What exactly did they get? We don`t know but the initial results that there was a cooler that was recovered; apparently they were using that as a sifter for the silty bottom of the St. Johns River. He said they were recovering all kinds of things, alligator nails, but did they recover one little piece of bone or possibly more? We don`t know.

They are holding that evidence very close to their vest. But that`s what the indications are if they are telling Ron to prepare for a funeral.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s right. Lots of new evidence up for analysis and investigation: two cinder blocks reportedly sent for testing; rope that was found allegedly in Tommy`s former home. What about deer blood found in the mystery van? The private detective who gave Misty a lie detector and voice analysis test said this on ISSUES just last week.

Quote, "She -- Misty -- talked about a van. And she said there was blood in the van. But she went to tell me that it was deer blood."

Now, Levi Page, you`re a blogger, way on top of this case. Cops said they found alligator toenails in the St. Johns River. So if they found alligator toenails that means alligators are in that river.

T.J. refused to speculate as to whether Haleigh`s killer they put deer blood on the child so that alligators would eat her but you`ve got to look at that possibility. And if it turns out there`s no body and no confession, despite everything that happened last week, is there still no case, Levi?

LEVI PAGE, INTERNET RADIO HOST AND BLOGGER (via telephone): You know what, I think that that`s a possibility. It`s horrific to think that anybody would put deer blood on a child to attract alligators to eat them.

What is interesting to me is that Haleigh Cummings had Turner Syndrome (ph). She had violent outbursts, temper tantrums, screaming. Whoever tried to do this, (INAUDIBLE) I want to know if he had any scratches, did he have any bite marks on him, any bruises that Haleigh tried to put up a fight.

Wouldn`t Misty or Tommy have had that if that were the case? There`s not that many descriptive details in order for me to believe what they are saying.

And also this -- I want to address what Ronald Cummings attorney Terry Shoemaker is saying. I think it`s a load of crap. That Ronald Cummings engages in drug trafficking in order to -- that`s not Ronald Cummings` first (INAUDIBLE). He has a history of drug offenses before this happened. And if he wanted to help police, why did he marry Misty Croslin?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, yes. None of it really makes sense. And then we`re hearing, did Ron Cummings divorce Misty and then get himself busted in that February drug sting just in order to get close to Misty.

SHOEMAKER: The police have always said that, you know, first if you divorce Haleigh -- I`m sorry, divorce Misty, we`ll find something out. She`ll crack. They have told him, if Misty got in trouble, if Misty was in jail, we could probably get her to crack.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now Mark Eiglarsh, Ron`s mother is saying Ron may have gotten involved in that alleged prescription drug ring just to get close to Misty.

MARK EIGLARSH, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Makes me chuckle, Jane.

BROOKS: Exactly.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why are you laughing about that?

EIGLARSH: Come on. I`ve defended enough drug traffickers to know that love isn`t their motivation. It`s the mighty dollar. Give me a break.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: No. I guess what the mom is saying is that even after he divorced her, ok, they are saying the cops said divorce her, she`ll crack. So he divorces her. Then the mom is saying he got involved in the drug ring with Misty in order to get close to her to get information.

EIGLARSH: And that`s what my mother would say, too, to defend me. God bless her.

That`s a wonderful defense when you`re caught on video or audio; when a busload of nuns catch him doing whatever he`s doing, you come up with something. I think the best lies are based on half truths. Ok. Got it. He loved her, he wanted to get close to her. That works.

I`m not buying it.

BROOKS: And he married her, Jane, after the initial police report when he called her his dumb b-word girlfriend. Then he marries the woman. So what did he do? Did he marry her to try to get some information out of her, and then divorced her? I`m not buying that story.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`m just saying it`s a crazy case. These people are very hard to figure out --

BROOKS: To say the least.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: -- right, to put it mildly.

What if, for example, Jean Casarez -- it sounds crazy but what if the mom is right, that Ron purposely maybe even colluded with the cops to be part of the sting, to get himself arrested so that they would be sure that Misty would end up in jail and therefore crack and tell the truth.

CASAREZ: Two things Jane. First of all, I heard on a jailhouse tape between Ronald Cummings and his mother Teresa Neves, her saying that to him very tenderly. Number two, I`ve watched hours of jailhouse videos, especially in the drug interaction when they were making the drug deals and definitely Misty is in charge of that whole thing. Ronald is in the back seat most of the time. He talks, but she`s really the one that is running the operation.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow, ok. None of it continues to make any sense. We pray that there`s a break in this case and that we can all get closure soon.

Fantastic panel; thank you so much. And remember, tomorrow night right here on ISSUES we`re going to talk to Misty and Joe`s grandmother Flora Holler (ph). She`s the one who got this whole search going. You don`t want to miss that.

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:42 am

Thanks for posting that transcript LM, I missed JVM, but did watch some NG last night! Wow, so if Ron's Attorney is actually saying that LE did in fact tell Ron to get ready to start preparing funeral arrangements, that it has to mean they have in fact found HL or parts of her for that matter :pale: Why else would they say that?
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:45 am

Haleigh Cummings - Some Comments From Tim Miller
Posted on April 20th, 2010
by Simon Barrett

Earlier this morning a friend sent a rather interesting audio recording to me. It is of Tim Miller and was made after the recent search of the Shell Harbour area.

Tim has some interesting comments to make about the various searches that were conducted. There is a wealth of information in this 5 minute audio.There are several things that I found interesting in it.

For some time there has been a rumor circulating that Tim Miller was not permitted to search the St. Johns river with his side scan sonar equipment. Tim clears that situation up. Law Enforcement already had side scan radars deployed so he opted not to duplicate the effort.

Of real interest is that when Tim Miller returned to Satsuma for the second series of searches he asked Misty Croslin for some ideas for places to search. She apparently gave him a list of 4 or 5 locations. It turns out that one of them was Shell Harbour.

I think in listening to this audio you can get a real sense of Tim Millers frustration. His funding at that time was limited, he had to use his resources with care. I also get the sense that now Tim is regretting not spending the money he didn’t have!

The other thing that I picked up in this is a sense that Misty wanted to tell him where to search but in an act of self preservation gave him some red herrings as well.

Listen to the audio here.

It is a shame that no recordings exist of the conversations between Misty Croslin and Tim Miller as they might reveal a great deal. I had a lengthy discussion yesterday with Peter Hyatt, he is an expert on ’statement analysis’ and I am sure that he could unravel the tangled knot.

Peter incidentally will be joining us on the radio next Sunday, by which time I am hoping that he will have been able to analyze some audio files that we have supplied him with.

Simon Barrett

Audio is here:

http://www.bloggernews.net/124362

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:04 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:Thanks for posting that transcript LM, I missed JVM, but did watch some NG last night! Wow, so if Ron's Attorney is actually saying that LE did in fact tell Ron to get ready to start preparing funeral arrangements, that it has to mean they have in fact found HL or parts of her for that matter :pale: Why else would they say that?

:pale:
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:45 pm

To see who freaks out.
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Good point Charming! ;)
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Or who doesn't, knowing they could not have found her.
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47 pm

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Haleighs-family-is-planning-her-funeral/ifrrEFT1s0uJk4EigrsitQ.cspx

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm

What do we need to do to help this "family" go on?
Well, most of them are going to have to go on
while in jail thats one thing. Maybe besides grief counciling they can get drug counciling and anger management and the list goes on and on. I just heard Michael Douglas's son got only five years on a charge
that carries a minimum sentence of 10 years! And he had a lot of drugs he was selling. Poor Misty and Ron,
too bad they dont have celebrity fathers to help them with their sentences of 25 years! Celebrity justice
isnt the same for you and I kids! The drugs Douglas's son had I believe were a lot more than just the few pills Misty and Ron tried to sell.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:11 pm

Taken from LM's posted article upthread:

Even though Haleigh's body hasn't been found, Corey believes this case can still be prosecuted. "It's more of a challenge but because we're allowed to use circumstantial evidence, the prosecution will be able to proceed."
Investigators have sent potential evidence to labs for testing. Once that process is over, we could know more about what happened to Haleigh. Until then, Ann Dugger says she'll be there for the family. "Now we must go on and try to figure out, what do we need to do to help this family go on?

There is NO way 2 cinder blocks and a piece of yellow rope can be enough to prove HL is dead and that they were the murder weapon... Can they? I think there has to be more then what they are saying.. IMO
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:37 pm

For almost two years I have heard that there are fingerprints on the duct tape in the Anthony case that belong to Casey - and that has never panned out either. I really wonder whats going on here. As Mommy states, no way with a cinder block and yellow rope to prove a darn thing. You wonder what is going on with them down there.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:01 pm

I wondered if LE is just so fed up they came up with that rumor to get the pigs squealing even more.

They must have found something more. Maybe a bone. That poor little girl. I hate to even type that.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Whatever they found it was "before" they started diving in that river. So something doesnt jive to me.
How could they have found a remain before they looked in the water?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:20 pm

Right Art! The only thing I think they had before they searched that water (that we know of), was a statement from Tommy and Misty and if they actually believe anything that comes our of those 2 flip flopping lying mouths then we are in serious TROUBLE!! faint
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:34 pm

That's what I don't get. I still think that the funeral is a ruse.
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Interesting about the concept of a ruse - the police use them all the time! However, I cannont see them inflicting it on the supporting family - like the grandparents and Crystal and their side of the family so it cant really be ruse - that would be pretty heartless.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:35 pm

I wonder if they found her ear-rings or necklace in the wonder? Again, just speculating? But it has to be something.
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum