6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by cherylz on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:35 pm

I wonder if they found her ear-rings or necklace in the wonder? Again, just speculating? But it has to be something.

cherylz

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:14 pm

Is anyone watching JVM? They sure done fixed up
grandma Hollers! She probably is only 50 years old.
OK, Im being snarky today!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:26 pm

She sure did fix her up. And, NOW she is saying that all 3 were involved.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:39 pm

I think Granny Hollers done gone Hollywood on us!
ok double snarky today!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:09 pm

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Misty`s Grandmother Opens Up about Haleigh`s Fate

Aired April 20, 2010 - 19:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST (voice-over): Tonight, seismic new insight into the desperate search for Haleigh Cummings. Tonight, I`ll talk one-on- one with Misty Croslin`s grandmother. Yes, the woman who broke this case wide open and led cops down to the river.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY`S GRANDMOTHER: I heard she got a hold of one of Ron`s pills and swallowed it and O.D.`d on it. Misty supposedly hit her on the back of the head, and Joe supposedly raped her. Tied Haleigh with a yellow rope, and tied a brick or block to the rope and dropped her into the St. John`s River.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What really happened to this little girl? We`ll get the inside story, live from Grandma Flo.

And a Hollywood prince gone bad. The son of Michael Douglas faces justice. He was busted dealing meth and cocaine. Today he faced ten years in jail. So did he get a break because of his famous father and grandfather?

Plus, an outraged family demands justice. Stunning new twists and turns in the "Survivor" murder mystery. A hot shot TV producer accused of killing his wife at a lavish Mexican resort. Now, the victim`s family is headed towards the crime scene in search of answers. Why hasn`t anyone been arrested?

ISSUES starts now.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Stunning new details in the gruesome murder of 5- year-old Haleigh Cummings. As the case rapidly turns into a homicide investigation, police say, "Nobody believes we are looking for a live child anymore."

A mystery tip led detectives to a boat dock on the St. John`s River five miles from where little Haleigh disappeared. Cops spent days searching for the little girl`s body. Two cinder blocks have reportedly been pulled out of the murky water. Could those cement blocks been used to weigh down Haleigh`s tiny body?

Misty Croslin, the very last person to see Haleigh alive, was brought to the dock in cuffs -- you see her there in blue -- and interrogated. Did she finally crack?

Tonight, Misty`s courageous grandmother blows this case wide open, 67- year-old Flora Hollars says she knows what happened to Haleigh. Misty told her everything.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: Tied Haleigh up with a yellow rope and tied a brick or block to the rope and dropped her into the St. John`s River.

She was crying. And I told her, I said, "Baby, don`t cry. This is something you should have said a long time ago."

She says, "But Nanny, I was scared."

(END VIDE CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Misty told cops Haleigh just disappeared one night, and she found a brick holding open the door of their trailer home. That was the first story.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You said your back door was wide open?

MISTY CROSLIN, RON CUMMINGS` FORMER WIFE: There was a brick. Like a brick on the floor. When I went to sleep it was not like that.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What -- what is the brick?

CROSLIN: It`s on the back door on the stairs like it has a walkway.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And there was a brick laying there?

CROSLIN: Yes. It`s still there.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Funny how a brick figures into so many of the stories that have come out of this.

Flora also talked to Misty`s brother Tommy. She says she broke Tommy, adding she, Flora, is the tipster that sent police to that dock. Now she is ordering granddaughter Misty to completely come clean.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: I`ve heard two different details. I heard that she got a hold of one of Ron`s pills and swallowed it and O.D.`d on it. And then I heard that Misty supposedly hit her on the back of the head and Joe supposedly raped her and then got rid of the body.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So which story is true? Was little Haleigh thrown into the river dead or alive? Hard to even think about. Tonight, I`m going to speak with Grandma Flora in a special one-on-one in just a moment.

Plus, Ron Cummings, Haleigh`s dad. His attorney says the heartbroken father was told to start planning a funeral.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

RON CUMMINGS, FATHER OF HALEIGH: I just want my child back.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I want somebody to see her or find her.

CUMMINGS: I want my child back so bad. I would give them everything. All I want is my child.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But there is still no body. Will cops have enough evidence to charge somebody, anybody?

I want to hear from you. Call me: 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1-877-586-7297.

Straight out to my fantastic panel, but I begin with Misty Croslin`s grandmother, Flora Hollars.

Flora, first of all, I want to say I applaud your courage in coming forward, even though it could be at the expense of the people you love, your grandchildren.

Tell us exactly what your grandkids, Tommy and Misty, told you when they called from behind bars. Tell us the story.

HOLLARS: When Tommy called me, he was sort of whimpering like crying. I told him, I said, "You failed your lie detector test, didn`t you?"

And he says, "Yes, Nanny, I did."

I said, "OK, it`s time to come clean now. I want you to tell me if what`s in my heart is what is true."

He said, "Nanny, what do you have -- who do you think done it?"

I said, "I think Joe done it."

He says, "Yes, Nanny, Joe did do it." And then he started crying, and we started talking about his children and his wife.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Then Misty calls, what, about 15 minutes later?

HOLLARS: Uh-huh. And I told her exactly what Tommy had told me. And she started crying and saying, "Nanny, see, I`ve told you all along that Joe had something to do with this. I knew he did, I knew he did."

And then she called me on Monday to let me know that Tommy and Joe had wrapped Misty in -- I mean wrapped Haleigh in a yellow rope and tied a brick to it and throwed her off the dock in the St. John`s River.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. So if I understand you correctly, Tommy called and pointed the finger at Joe, but did not implicate himself.

HOLLARS: No.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Then Misty calls and implicates both of her cousins - - her brother Tommy and her cousin Joe.

HOLLARS: Yes, she did.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So did Tommy also confess in any way, shape or form to his own involvement and admit that he was at the river, too? Otherwise, how would he help police -- how would he know, if he wasn`t involved?

HOLLARS: That`s what I`d like to know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, hmm, let`s break down the time line of events. Thursday, April 16, detectives give Tommy a polygraph. He reportedly fails it.

Then the lady you`re hearing -- seeing right here, Grandma Flo, says Tommy calls her Sunday night from behind bars and confides in her. Fifteen minutes later, she says her granddaughter Misty calls her from behind bars and also admits she knows what happened to Haleigh.

Monday afternoon, Tommy meets with the cops. Hours later, Tommy leads cops to the river dock, and the frantic search for Haleigh`s body begins.

Flora, do you find it at all suspicious? Or what is your reaction to the fact that, after more than a year of keeping their mouths shut, Misty and Tommy both call you just 15 minutes apart and finally spill their guts?

HOLLARS: I guess it was because of the way that I was talking to them, because I let them know that this has got to be solved. It`s got to be solved now. That child has grandparents just like you all do. And this needs to be an end. Let`s get it all out in the open, because I`m calling the police and I`m letting them know now, and I immediately called the head detective on the case and told them exactly what they had told me.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Misty has repeatedly denied that she knows anything about what happened to little Haleigh, and she was baby-sitting the child. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

M. CROSLIN: I got up because I had to use the bathroom, but I didn`t make it to the bathroom. I seen the kitchen light on and I walked in the kitchen and the backdoor is wide open. I didn`t notice about Haleigh then until I seen the backdoor open. And I go in the room and she`s gone. And that`s all I know. Is when I woke up, when I went to sleep, she was there, and then when I woke up, she was gone.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Even when police tried to break her while she was behind bars on serious drug charge, she insisted she knew absolutely nothing. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

M. CROSLIN: They`re not going to put me away for something I didn`t do. And I didn`t have anything to do with Haleigh. And if I knew who did, I would tell them. I told them everything that I can tell them. So they need to leave me alone about that. This -- why I`m in jail has nothing to do with Haleigh.

LISA CROSLIN, MISTY`S MOTHER: That`s right.

M. CROSLIN: (EXPLETIVE DELETED) leave me alone.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Flora, why would Misty lie to investigators and her own family for more than a year and then all of a sudden confess everything to you. You say it was the way you were talking to her. But cops have grilled her.

And I have to point out that the Bald Truth is reporting that Misty took a polygraph on this whole story that she`s talking about, Joe wrapping a rope and a cinder block about Haleigh and dropping her in a river, and failed that polygraph. Do you really believe Misty, or could she be lying again?

HOLLARS: I believe her. I don`t believe she`s lying again.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why? I mean, how can you tell the difference?

HOLLARS: Just the looks on her face when I see her on TV. Misty has not got the same look as she did have. Her eyes look like they`re more settled.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But when have you seen her since that phone conversation? The only time she has left, in my understanding, is to go down to the river to point out -- and there she is. It`s a far away shot. You can`t see her up close there.

HOLLARS: No, ma`am, but in my eyes, Misty had -- I don`t think Misty had anything to do with the missing of her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So how could she help them down at the river? There she is down at the river, being grilled by these three detectives. If she had nothing to do with it, how would she be able to help detectives and say, "Well, here`s where they did what"?

HOLLARS: That`s why I`m wondering, was she in that van, too?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you`re thinking that maybe Misty had something to do with it that night and was there when Haleigh`s body was thrown into the river?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am, I do.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK, so, in fact, your story is implicating, potentially, three people: Joe, the cousin in Tennessee who says he had nothing to do with this; Tommy Croslin, who`s behind bars on drug charges; and your other granddaughter, Misty. You`re saying all three, all three of your grandkids were involved in this?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am, I think they were. I really do.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why do you think that?

HOLLARS: It`s just the way that they act. Joe, ever since he came back from Florida, he`s not been the same child. And every time I talk to Tommy, and I talk to Misty, they`re not the same people that I`ve talked to.

Misty came to my house and stayed for about ten days. And I talked to her and I talked to her. And evidently -- I think she may have been able to break at that time, but she wanted to leave and go back to Florida. So I couldn`t talk to her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Because originally, you had said you didn`t think Misty is involved, but now that you think about it, you believe Misty, Tommy and Joe all were involved in disposing of Haleigh`s body in the St. John`s River?

HOLLARS: How did Misty know where to point to in the river?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why? Why would they do this?

HOLLARS: That I don`t know. I know one thing: Misty had been out on a drug binge for three days. Her and Ron had fought that day, and she told him she didn`t want to baby-sit. And he told her, "Yes, you are going to baby-sit." And he left the kids there with her. And she was still strung out.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Do you think she could have possibly taken out her frustrations on the child?

HOLLARS: I don`t think she would have really hurt a child deliberately, because she`s had more chances than one to do it. She`s kept every -- just about every one of my great-grandkids, and she`s always been good with kids.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So how would she have done it then?

HOLLARS: Well, that -- I just think she may have been in that van, because she know where to go to.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. We`re going to have more of you. Don`t go anywhere. Grandma Flo, you are fascinating and courageous. We`ll talk to you more right after the break.

And we`re taking your calls: 1-877-JVM-SAYS.

And from one Misty to another, a Hollywood producer accused of killing his wife in a Mexican resort. Why hasn`t he been arrested?

But first, who is telling the truth in the desperate search for Haleigh Cummings?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

M. CROSLIN: I want out of here. I want out so bad.

L. CROSLIN: I know.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOE OVERSTREET, MISTY`S COUSIN: I can`t imagine what they`re going through. I didn`t do it.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You didn`t do it?

OVERSTREET: No.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you know who did?

OVERSTREET: If I knew who did, I would straight call the police and tell the cops who did it.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That was Misty Croslin`s cousin, Joe Overstreet. Tonight on ISSUES we`re delighted to have Misty`s grandmother, Flo Hollars with us.

And some breaking news. Flo has just told us that she now believes all three of her grandchildren -- Misty, Tommy and Joe -- were involved in what happened to Haleigh Cummings and her allegedly ending up in a river, which is the theory that police are operating on now.

Did you struggle, Flo, when it came time to call the cops? Were you torn about whether to implicate your own flesh and blood?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am, I was. And I talked to my daughter that lives with me. And she told me, she says, "Mama, you do what you think is right, and you know what you`re going to do."

I said, "Yes, I do. I`m calling the police right now."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Do you regret it at all?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am, I don`t.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You`d do it all over again?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am, I would.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`ve been thinking about the cinder blocks. Now, at first, Misty said that she woke up in the middle of the night. Haleigh was gone, and the other thing she noticed was a light on and the door propped open with a block.

Now we`re hearing her say to you that Joe and Tommy wrapped a rope and attached it to a block and threw it into the river. Do you find it odd that the block or the cinder block is a constant theme in her stories? And could she have taken the block -- you know, they say in every lie there`s a little bit of truth.

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Do you find it odd?

HOLLARS: Yes, I do find it odd.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: In what sense?

HOLLARS: Why would all the blocks be involved? I had never heard of a cinder block. I know them by brick-o-blocks.
Misty called it a "brick" on the 911 call.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We`ve got a caller. Someone wants to weigh in here, so we`re going to do this very briefly. Sasha, Nevada, your question or thought.

CALLER: Hi, Jane. I just want to say I love your show.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Thank you.

CALLER: My question is, with all the, you know, talk between Misty and other family members and Tommy and other family members, and all those conversations are recorded because people come and see them, is there any chance that any of the phone calls between Misty and her grandmother or Tommy and his grandmother were recorded, because it`s such a high-profile case?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I`m sure that there`s a very good possibility. We`ll ask our experts in a second.

But do you think they were aware when they talked to you that they were potentially, at least Tommy, confessing, or talking about a case that could implicate them on tape?

HOLLARS: He knows that that was being recorded. He`s knowed all along that all of his phone calls is recorded, and so does Misty.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Did Misty have a reputation in the family as having a serious drug problem or a drug problem?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am, not when she left Tennessee. But when -- after she left my house. I kept her, and I kept her in school here, the longest time she ever went to school. And then, when she went back to Florida, that`s when the drugs started.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Do you think Ron Cummings, Haleigh`s dad, is completely innocent and has nothing to do with any of this? Or does he know more than he`s saying?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am, I think he knows more than what he`s saying.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You do think Ron Cummings knows more?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why?

HOLLARS: The fact of him leaving those kids there with her and her still high on pills. Would you leave your kids with somebody that`s all doped up?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: No.

HOLLARS: I wouldn`t.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: No, I wouldn`t.

HOLLARS: No, ma`am.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow. All right, Flo, will you come back soon? I hope so. You`re fabulous. And we applaud your courage. Really, we do.

HOLLARS: Yes, I`ve lost quite -- I`ve lost quite a bit of family, but that`s OK. They`ll come back.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Thanks...

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

M. CROSLIN: They`re not going to put me away for something I didn`t do. And I didn`t have anything to do with Haleigh. And if I knew who did, I would tell them. I told them everything that I can tell them. So they need to leave me alone about that. This -- why I`m in jail has nothing to do with Haleigh.

LISA CROSLIN, MISTY`S MOTHER: That`s right.

M. CROSLIN: (EXPLETIVE DELETED) leave me alone.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, is Misty Croslin finally admitting the truth about what happened to 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, who disappeared on her watch? We are delighted to have Misty`s grandmother, Flo Hollars, with us tonight, a very courageous 67-year-old grandmother who called cops, even though it was not really in her best interests in some way, shape or form, but she felt the search for the truth was more important.

And we`ve been wondering how would Misty know that it was a yellow rope that bound Haleigh, allegedly, in her story, unless she saw it? Because that`s not the kind of detail that somebody would tell second hand.

I have a fantastic panel here. And I would like to start with Mike Brooks, HLN law enforcement analyst. You`ve been listening to Flo. What would you like to ask her or what are your thoughts, Mike?

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: You know, I really think that Ms. Hollars` story makes perfect sense.

And Ms. Hollars, again, thank you for being with us.

HOLLARS: Thank you.

BROOKS: Now, when Joe Overstreet was down in Florida when Haleigh disappeared, did you see him shortly thereafter? And if you did, did you have any contact with him? And how was he back then?

HOLLARS: Yes, sir, when he come back from Florida, he was a totally different person than he went down.

BROOKS: How so?

HOLLARS: He didn`t even have the same attitude about him. Everything had changed, his reactions and all.

BROOKS: Now, how close -- how close is Joe Overstreet with Ronald and with Misty and with Haleigh? And then also Tommy? Are they very, very close?

HOLLARS: He`d only known Ronald for two weeks. Because that`s how long he stayed down there. Now, according to what Misty and Tommy told me, he threatened to come back and kill them if they opened their mouths and said anything.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Can I ask a follow-up on that? Ron reportedly told somebody -- and they said it on our show -- that Ron told them -- oh, it was Art Harris -- that Cousin Joe liked to go down and fish right at that spot at the river where they were searching for Haleigh`s body. What do you know about that, Flo?

HOLLARS: I don`t know. Well, I know that he did go there to fish. And according to Tommy, he said that would be a nice place to commit a murder and get by with it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Whoa, who did that?

HOLLARS: That`s what Joe told Tommy and Hank.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Say that one more time, Flo?

HOLLARS: Joe told Tommy and Hank that that would be a good place to commit a murder and get by with it, because the alligators would eat the body.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And apparently in the van, there`s some reports that Misty told a voice stress analyst that there was blood in the van, and it was deer blood that might have been used to put on Haleigh`s body so that the alligators would eat her?

HOLLARS: Mm-hmm.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, boy. Elizabeth Kelly, your question?

ELIZABETH KELLY: Well, Mrs. Hollars, undoubtedly your grandchildren love you and they trust you, but I`m wondering, why they decided, after all this time, to basically confess to you on a prison phone without the presence of a lawyer.

HOLLARS: That`s what I can`t understand.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: In two seconds, we`re going to be back and we`re going to have more with Flora and questions with her and from you, as well.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CUMMINGS: Hello.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK, sir. Let me talk to your wife. Let me get some information from her.

CUMMINGS: (INAUDIBLE)

911 OPERATOR: OK. Can I talk to her? OK?

CUMMINGS: How the (EXPLETIVE DELETED) do you let my daughter get stolen, (EXPLETIVE DELETED)?

(END AUDIO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What happened to Little Haleigh Cummings? Suspicion has been cast on Misty Croslin`s cousin, Joe Overstreet, who says he had nothing to do with Little Haleigh`s disappearance. She got three cousins pointing the finger at each other.

Judge Greg Mathis, you`ve been very patiently listening to all of us. What would you like to ask Grandma Flo Hollars?

JUDGE GREG MATHIS, HOST, "JUDGE MATHIS": Well, first, I would like to thank her for coming and tell her how smart and insightful I believe she is. One of the things I would suggest and ask is whether you believe it was a conspiracy between the three of them, whether it`s a conspiracy to murder, whether it`s a conspiracy for accessory before the fact, or after the fact. Because if it`s either of those, then what we could see is charges against them on one of the three or all three charges that I mentioned.

And in that sense, we could be able to take their DNA and compare that DNA to what we find on the bricks. And then, in the other way, and we wouldn`t necessarily need the body.

So, do you think it was a conspiracy?

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY CROSLIN`S GRANDMOTHER: Yes, I do.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, tell us about that, Flo. What kind of conspiracy?

HOLLARS: I think they all three had something to do with it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Have they been friends in the past? Or was there friction?

HOLLARS: Oh, yes, they`ve always been friends. Now, Misty stated that Joe had molested her when she was up here in Nashville. But she never once said anything to me about it. And she always wanted to go to his house. So, if he molested her, she must have liked it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let me say this. First of all, Joe has a standing invitation and/or his attorneys to appear on this show at anytime. And we certainly have no knowledge of that. He has not been charged with any crime and he has said that he`s completely innocent of all of that.

So, we want to really stress that.

But -- well, that one kind of left me a little speechless.

Levi Page, you`re the host of the "Levi Page Show." You`ve been studying this case. What would you like to ask Flo Hollars?

LEVI PAGE, "LEVI PAGE SHOW": Yes, I would like to ask: has Joe -- does Joe have any criminal record that he had when he was a juvenile that has been sealed? If so, what were those crimes? His attorney is not addressing that. Maybe you could shed some light on that.

HOLLARS: Stealing automobiles. He served time in Woodland Hills for auto theft. As a matter of fact, he turned 18 in Woodland Hills.

PAGE: Any sex crimes? Any sex crimes?

HOLLARS: No sex crimes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, you just also stated something about that. So, that`s a -- that`s an area obviously that we have to be very, very careful with.

Let me ask you this. Explain -- you said, Flo, that Joe told Ron and Tommy, oh, that would be a great place, the river, to commit a murder. When did he allegedly say this?

HOLLARS: This is right after he got down there. It wasn`t Ron, it was Tommy and his daddy.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. And Joe said, allegedly, that would be a great place to commit a murder. When did he say that?

HOLLARS: And get by with it. A couple days after he was there -- my daughter called me and told me about that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: You mean after Haleigh disappeared?

HOLLARS: No, no, no, no. Before Haleigh disappeared.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hmm. Well, what are your thoughts on that, Mike? We have a couple of seconds to wrap up.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You know, it`s very interesting, you know -- was she maybe saying this to plant so she -- you know, as Ms. Hollars said, that she thinks that both -- that all Misty, Tommy and cousin Joe all may be implicated in this.

So, was she trying to set up a story then? Because apparently, if I`m right, Ms. Hollars, Misty hadn`t known Ronald that long when this happened.

HOLLARS: Four months.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: That`s not very long at all.

HOLLARS: No, it`s not.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why do you think Ron -- why do you think Ron married Misty even though his child disappeared on her watch?

HOLLARS: Because he didn`t think she could testify against him and he believed in her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So, you also think the conspiracy extends to Ron? You think it`s four people involved in the conspiracy?

HOLLARS: Because the fact of him marrying her and then turning around and saying that the law made him divorce her.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Very smart, very smart lady.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Well, Flo, you are a courageous, smart lady. We thank you for taking all the time. And we are going to switch gears here. But wow. We`re going to have you back soon. Amazing stuff.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/20/ijvm.01.html

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:20 pm

Nancy Grace Transcripts 04/20/10

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us. Bombshell tonight. In the last hours, father Ronald Cummings and bio mom Crystal Sheffield meet to determine whether to declare little Haleigh officially dead. This although police refuse to announce human remains found. They meet with father Ronald Cummings behind closed doors and advise him to commence plans for his 5-year-old little girl`s funeral.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: If she had nothing to do with it, how would she be able to help detectives and say, Well, here`s where they did what?

HOLLARS: That`s why I`m wondering, was she in that van, too?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: So you`re thinking that maybe Misty had something to do with it that night and was there when Haleigh`s body was thrown into the river?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK. So now, in fact, your story is implicating potentially three people -- Joe, the cousin in Tennessee who says he had nothing to do with this, Tommy Croslin, who`s behind bars on drug charges, and your other granddaughter, Misty. You`re saying all three, all three of your grandkids were involved in this?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am, I think they were. I really do.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Why do you think that?

HOLLARS: It`s just the way that they act. Joe, ever since he came back from Florida, he`s not been the same child. And every time I talk to Tommy and I talk to Misty, they`re not the same people that I`ve talked to.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: People are starting to talk.

MISTY CROSLIN: I don`t know where she is.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: People are starting to cooperate.

MISTY CROSLIN: There`s nothing to break me on.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I think she`s come to realize that, you know, she`s in trouble.

LISA CROSLIN, MISTY`S MOTHER: I see the smile.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There are reports two of cinderblocks retrieved from the river.

MISTY CROSLIN: Yes, it was brick, like, a brick on the floor.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And my sources are telling me police have obtained yellow rope from Tommy Croslin`s home.

TOMMY CROSLIN, MISTY`S BROTHER: I said, I can`t help you find her body. I don`t know where she is.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They told the family it`s time, they have enough evidence that they can start making funeral arrangements for little Haleigh.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Bring her back.

CUMMINGS: I know somebody took my little girl!

CRYSTAL SHEFFIELD, HALEIGH`S MOTHER: I just want our baby to come home.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They brought the family members into the sheriff`s office.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He`s not as strong at home as he is on TV.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They told them that it was now a homicide investigation.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It was the worst thing I`ve ever been through in my entire life.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: I am hearing in my ear we have breaking news right now. Let`s go to Art Harris, investigative journalist at Artharris.com. Art, what is it?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: Nancy, sources are telling me that Misty Croslin has been shown bones at the crime scene on the river in Satsuma, Florida. She was taken to the crime scene, to the river, and detectives showed her what they had found. The bones have been sent to the crime lab to be analyzed, Nancy, and compared with DNA from Haleigh Cummings.

GRACE: OK, repeat. Misty Croslin was taken by police down to the St. John`s River, and...

HARRIS: That`s right.

GRACE: ... at that time was shown bones. Haleigh Cummings, 5-year- old Haleigh Cummings`s bones?

HARRIS: Well, what I`m saying is she was shown bones that my sources believe were Haleigh`s. And she told this to cousin Tommy on a ride back to the St. John`s County jail, where they`re both being held on drug charges. As amazing as it seems, they were allowed to ride together in the police car.

GRACE: Art, it`s not that amazing. Cops put people together in the back seat all the time, hoping they`ll start talking and the cops can hear them.

HARRIS: That`s what they did, Nancy. And apparently, this is what erupted, and Misty Croslin told her brother that she had been shown bones at the crime scene. I don`t know what his response was. But this is considered a major break in the case.

GRACE: OK. Art Harris, where did the bones come from? Do we know?

HARRIS: Nancy, I don`t know that. I know that bones have been found in the river. This is an area where Tommy has gone before to go hunting and thrown deer carcasses into that river. Divers have found deer bones in the river. I have not confirmed that the bones, the human bones, if any, were found in the river.

GRACE: But you know that they showed Haleigh`s bones to Misty Croslin after bringing her down. And what do they hope to gain by showing her that, to get a confession?

HARRIS: Nancy, I think in any situation like this, they hope to shock her into some sort of revelation, into some sort of evidence or some sort of piece of information they can compare to what she`s said before or use it to refute what others have told them in the case that will bring it one step closer to a conclusion and an arrest.

GRACE: Art Harris, investigative journalist, breaking the news tonight that Misty Croslin, the baby-sitter-turned-stepmother, the last one known to be with Haleigh, the 5-year-old little Satsuma girl, alive has been shown purported bones belonging to Haleigh.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: I don`t know what to believe anymore.

MISTY CROSLIN: (INAUDIBLE) They told me I was taking a polygraph.

(INAUDIBLE) take a polygraph.

CUMMINGS: I don`t know anything about her flunking a polygraph.

GRACE: I mean, royally flunked it.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Just show me. Don`t tell me, show me.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They have evidence that they are analyzing right now as we speak.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The cinderblocks...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: ... cinderblocks...

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: ... those cinderblocks...

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They`re being very tight-lipped on any evidence that they have.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I`m not going to discuss the particular items that I`ve taken for analysis.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They told them that they would have enough to go forward, if they wanted to make funeral arrangements.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Haleigh Cummings is most likely deceased.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s hard to hear somebody tell you that your child or your grandchild is dead.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I`m going to call it a homicide.

HOLLARS: They have no remorse or something!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The investigative team has identified persons of interest.

MISTY CROSLIN: I`m not hiding anything.

JOE OVERSTREET, MISTY`S COUSIN: I didn`t do it.

TOMMY CROSLIN: And I had nothing to do with none of that crap.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I will not be mentioning any names at this time.

GRACE: She is blaming Joe and Tommy. Tommy Croslin is blaming Joe Overstreet. Joe Overstreet`s saying, I wasn`t there. All three are pointing the finger at each other.

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER: The only person at this stage of the game that knows what caused the demise of the child, obviously, is Misty.

HANK CROSLIN, MISTY`S FATHER: I want them to find Haleigh, too, and find out who did this to Haleigh. I don`t care who it is.

CUMMINGS: If I find whoever has my daughter before y`all do, I`m killing them.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We really would not care who it implicates.

CUMMINGS: Let them fry. So be it.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you think Misty has any involvement in this?

HOLLARS: I don`t think Misty did, but I`m not going to say that she didn`t.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: If she had nothing to do with it, how would she be able to help detectives and say, Well, here`s where they did what?

HOLLARS: That`s why I`m wondering was she in that van, too.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Straight back out to Art Harris, breaking the story that Misty Croslin, baby-sitter-turned-stepmother, taken down to the docks of the St. John`s River and shown bones purported to be Haleigh`s, little 5-year-old Haleigh`s bones. She`s then put in the back of the police car with Tommy Croslin.

Art Harris, what can you tell me about DNA?

HARRIS: I can tell you, Nancy, that the bones that were taken from the river and shown to Misty Croslin will be compared to DNA from Haleigh. Now, the parents of Haleigh Cummings, Ron and Crystal, had parked (ph) that DNA, had saved it for just such a tragic eventuality. A lot of parents do have DNA of their children. And the crime lab now has Haleigh`s DNA. They`ll be comparing it to these bones.

GRACE: Do you know, Art, whether the two parents individually gave their own DNA?

HARRIS: I`m sure they would have volunteered it, if they...

GRACE: But they had Haleigh`s DNA that they gave. It could be anything, a toothbrush, a hair strand with a root, or they could even try mitochondrial DNA. Art Harris reporting that Haleigh`s DNA and the parents` DNA now at the crime lab in order to compare to bones found in the river.

Joining me right now is a special guest. This is Misty Croslin`s grandmother, Ms. Flora Hollars, who was kind enough to join us last week. Ms. Hollars, thank you for being with us.

Do I have Ms. Hollars with me? Ms. Hollars, can you hear me? Liz, see if you can get Ms. Hollars`s satellite connected back up.

I want to go straight out to Marlaina Schiavo. What more can you tell me, Marlaina? She`s joining us there in Florida.

MARLAINA SCHIAVO, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, with what Art is saying about Misty being down by the river and these bones -- you have to remember, there was a van from the University of Florida, from the human identification lab, that was down by that river during that search for an hour-and-a-half. Why was it there? Could have something to do with what Art is saying. But there is a lot of buzz down here about bones and remains. I asked lead detectives today. They`re still denying that they found any human remains, Nancy. But the question is still on the table.

GRACE: Jean Casarez, weigh in.

JEAN CASAREZ, "IN SESSION": The forensic lab that was on scene, I think it`s very relevant. Let`s look at the facts. Law enforcement has told us that forensic anthropologist and lab was on scene to look at what was being taken out of the water. Nancy, we know forensic anthropologists deal in bones, so they can determine on site if something is relevant or not relevant, human bone or animal bone. And they decided some things would go on for further testing. That tells a lot right there.

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. To Wanda in Florida. Hi, Wanda.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi.

GRACE: Hi, dear. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I was wondering, the night that Haleigh was missing and Misty was supposed to be doing the laundry, washing sheets -- and I was wondering if she was washing away evidence.

GRACE: Good question. What do we know, Marlaina?

SCHIAVO: Well, Nancy, after she said that -- that was one of the inconsistencies in her stories because they went back and realized there was no detergent in the house, so she couldn`t even have been doing laundry in the first place.

GRACE: Let`s try Ms. Flora Hollars again, Misty Croslin`s grandmother, joining us from Nashville, Tennessee. Ms. Hollars, thank you for being with us. What do you make of this new breaking evidence that your granddaughter, Misty Croslin, was taken down to the riverbank and shown bones belonging to Haleigh?

HOLLARS: I was just told that a little while ago. I hadn`t heard anything about it until a few minutes ago.

GRACE: What do you make of it?

HOLLARS: That she knows something.

GRACE: Earlier, in just the last hour, you have advised that you believe all three, Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, and Joe Overstreet, are involved in some way in little Haleigh`s death. Why do you say that?

HOLLARS: Because of their actions and the way they talk. I`m sorry, but I hate to say it. They`re my grandkids. But that little girl`s got grandparents, too.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It`s our belief that this -- that that`s a very real possibility. We are working on building a case. That`s what we`ve been doing for the last 14 months.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Do you know where the cinderblock came from that was propping the door open?

CUMMINGS: Don`t have a clue. I don`t mess with none of that, so I don`t know. I rarely, rarely am in the back yard at all, unless I`m washing...

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: I want to go straight back out to Art Harris. Art, Misty Croslin taken down to the docks of the St. John, shown bones. Do we know what her reaction was?

HARRIS: I don`t know her reaction, Nancy. But I know that she was excited enough about it to talk to her brother, Tommy Croslin, on their trip together back to the St. John`s County jail, where they are both held and being charged with drug trafficking.

GRACE: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Wait! Back it up! Back it up! "Excited" -- do you mean surprised, shocked, afraid, what? What do you mean "excited"?

HARRIS: An emotional discussion. I don`t have...

GRACE: Emotional -- "excited" would be the words to use when you see a child`s body -- bones from her body. What about it? Joining me crime analyst, the director of the cold case squad, Pine Lake PD, Sheryl McCollum.

SHERYL MCCOLLUM, CRIME ANALYST: Excellent police work, Nancy, is what you are seeing. They have taken their time for the last 14 months. They`re letting these folks talk. They`re letting them talk to each other. We`ve all heard the tapes. Of course, they`re going to put them in the car with each other.

GRACE: What do you make of them taking her down and showing her the bones?

MCCOLLUM: Outstanding! You show her those bones. If they...

GRACE: And let her know.

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: It`s over!

MCCOLLUM: Absolutely. And let`s say she has the reaction. Put her in the car with Tommy. And of course, they`re going to have a discussion about it because they are busted.

GRACE: Unleash the lawyers. Alex Sanchez, defense attorney, New York, Raymond Giudice, defense attorney, Atlanta. Ray Giudice, what about it?

RAYMOND GIUDICE, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, I agree with Sheryl, this is some good police work. They were very patient for the last 14 months. They haven`t quite sewed this up together...

GRACE: All you can say is, I agree with Sheryl?

GIUDICE: Yes, but there`s one...

GRACE: I will give you a moment to recoup. What about it, Sanchez?

ALEX SANCHEZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: I find it very peculiar that the police would show her the bones. And it raises a question in my mind whether or not they staged that event just for the purposes of trying to provoke her to make a statement.

GRACE: Well, according to you, Haleigh`s not really missing, she`s on a vacation in the Riviera!

SANCHEZ: No. No. I don`t know what happened to her exactly. But for the police to show them the bones -- she could contaminate the bones. That`s not proper police procedure, and you know it, Nancy!

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JEFF HARDY, PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF: At this point I`m comfortable to go ahead and say that I`m going to call it a homicide.

RONALD CUMMINGS, FATHER OF HALEIGH CUMMINGS: If somebody had something to do with it, let them fry. So be it.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: What, Miss Hollars, could be their possible motivation for killing a 5-year-old girl?

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY CROSLIN AND JOE OVERSTREET`S GRANDMOTHER: It`s something -- I don`t know. Those three grandkids of mine is involved in this and I don`t know why. But I sure would like to know why.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Sources telling CNN affiliate WJXT that two cinder blocks have been taken out of the St. Johns River. Forensic testing now taking place.

HARDY: I`m not going to discuss the particular items that I`ve taken for analysis.

MISTY CROSLIN, FORMER STEPMOM/BABYSITTER OF HALEIGH CUMMINGS: The cops said there was a whole bunch of bricks about 50 feet away. But I`ve never seen any bricks at all.

HARDY: I think she`s come to realize that, you know, she`s in trouble.

(END OF VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: For those of you just joining us -- straight out to Art Harris, investigative journalist, with breaking news.

Art.

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST, WWW.ARTHARRIS.COM: Nancy, sources are telling me that Misty Croslin has been taken to the crime scene, the St. Johns River, and shown bones by detectives, bones purportedly belonging to Haleigh Cummings.

GRACE: And what was Cummings -- well, when she saw the bones belonging to Haleigh Cummings, what was Misty Croslin`s response?

HARRIS: Nancy, I don`t have her reaction. I know, though, that she discussed the bones with her brother Tommy Croslin on their trip back to the St. Johns County jail together.

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. Now back to the lawyers, Alex Sanchez, defense attorney, New York. Raymond Giudice, defense attorney, Atlanta.

Ray, anything wrong with putting those two in the back of a squad car and driving them back to the jail?

RAY GIUDICE, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: You know, you can cry as a defense lawyer that it`s bad and it`s wrong. But it ain`t. And that testimony, if it`s tape-recorded, or the officer`s impression of the hearsay expression as an excited utterance is going to come into evidence.

What I`m getting at is, the defense teams better know right now the quality of the evidence against them. The only thing that`s keeping the prosecution from an indictment is they want that positive DNA before they present it to a grand jury, and I bet that`ll happen within 30 days.

GRACE: OK. Ray, back it up one more time.

GIUDICE: OK.

GRACE: They show Croslin the bones.

GIUDICE: That`s right.

GRACE: They put her in the car with brother Tommy Croslin. First time they`ve probably been physically together since they were arrested.

GIUDICE: And her response --

GRACE: Right after she sees the bones, what happens?

GIUDICE: And her responses in those conversations are not forced by law enforcement. They don`t need to be Mirandized. Just as Casey Anthony`s reaction in the nursing area when they told her her child had been found.

That is going to be a problem for the defense. Don`t worry about contamination. When that DNA links those bones up -- if it does, to this child, case over.

GRACE: You mentioned excited utterance. For those of us that may not know what you`re talking about explain in a nutshell, Giudice.

GIUDICE: That`s an exception under the law to hearsay coming into court. An excited utterance means it was -- the statement was made in such a heat of passion, such an excited utterance, no thought to be given to giving a false statement. That comes into evidence.

GRACE: Weigh in, Alex Sanchez.

ALEX SANCHEZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, I think it`s very clear from what I`ve heard so far that both Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin have thrown their lot with the police.

Their lawyers and the police are cooperating. So any statements they`re making at this point can be used for investigative purposes and can be used against them at a later date.

GRACE: But it seems to me that these two are stewing in the same pot, Alex Sanchez, and that they are colluding to blame Joe Overstreet. And I`m not saying he`s not involved.

SANCHEZ: Yes.

GRACE: But it seems to me that they`re all part and parcel of what happened to 5-year-old Haleigh.

SANCHEZ: I don`t think the police trust -- even though Misty and Tommy are cooperating with the police, I don`t think the police trust everything she`s saying or what Tommy`s saying. So they`re keeping a careful eye on them, and that`s why they`re engaged in putting them in the police car and hoping that they make some type of more inculpatory type statements.

GRACE: With us tonight, Alex Sanchez, defense attorney, New York, Raymond Giudice, defense attorney, Atlanta.

Out to Ellie Jostad, our chief editorial producer. What more can you tell me, Ellie?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, we know that all three of these people -- Misty Croslin, her brother Tommy Croslin, their cousin Joe Overstreet -- we know that all three of them are telling different versions about what happened that night.

But the only person who doesn`t place himself at the scene is Joe Overstreet. He continues to insist that he was not in the trailer that night, that he was in fact asleep over at another relative`s house, and that he got a call in the middle of the night letting him know Haleigh was missing. He does not say he was there.

GRACE: Joining me right now, special guest, the president and founder of KlaasKids Foundation, Marc Klaas. Joining us from San Francisco.

Marc, what do you make of it?

MARC KLAAS, PRESIDENT & FOUNDER, KLAASKIDS FOUNDATION: Well, I think we have to wait until the DNA evidence comes back from the lab, and then we`ll know several things.

First of all, we`ll know whether or not -- well, if it does come back positive, we`ll know that the little girl Haleigh is dead. And they can start preparing for a funeral. And her parents with start dealing with that.

And they`ll be able to put together this murder investigation. And if I were any one of these three people -- Tommy, Misty, or Joe -- I would be in absolute fear for my life because Ron Cummings has made it very, very clear that he is going to kill whoever was responsible for the death of his little girl.

GRACE: And speaking of Ronald Cummings, Marc Klaas, joining me right now, Leonard Padilla, bounty hunter out of Sacramento, California who has offered to bond out Ronald Cummings.

Leonard, thank you for being with us. What do you make of Art`s breaking news?

LEONARD PADILLA, BOUNTY HUNTER, OFFERING TO BAIL RON CUMMINGS OUT OF JAIL: Well, I think it`s all -- he`s always right on top of everything and ahead of everybody else. But there`s one thing that we`re forgetting. Law enforcement has the phone calls that went back and forth, say, after 10:00 until 3:00 in the morning, and they have the phones that they went from and to.

We`re eliminating automatically Tim and Chelsea from the equation and putting it on Joe because of what Chelsea said as far as the keys on the counter and the van being parked somewhere else.

Now, Lindsay stood by her husband Tommy over 50 conversations. Chelsea has stood by Timmy over 50 conversations. Joe is saying I wasn`t there, I didn`t do anything.

But law enforcement knows what phone calls came from and what phones they went to. And nobody has bothered to say, well, wait a minute, the van was borrowed from Tommy -- actually, it`s Lindsay because it`s her van. And it was at Timmy and Chelsea`s house.

Joe was merely a guest there. And everybody`s dumping on Joe. I don`t believe Joe had anything to do with it. I tend to -- I`m going to err, if at all, on the side of Joe and say he didn`t have anything to do with it.

So who brought the van from Timmy`s house, picked up Tommy, or whatever, and then went to Misty?

Now Misty`s not telling anybody the truth as to what happened to the child. The child was already deceased when they came to that trailer. So what happened there?

GRACE: Joining right now, Dr. David M. Posey, medical examiner, forensic pathologist out of the Glen Oaks Pathology Medical Group, L.A.

Dr. Posey, Marc Klaas says we`re going to have to wait until we get the DNA on those bones. But the reality is in a rush how quickly can you get DNA?

DR. DAVID POSEY, M.D., MEDICAL EXAMINER, FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST; GLENN OAKS PATHOLOGY MED. GROUP: Well, I think they can probably have it within a week. It is a complicated procedure, and you`ve got to go through a number of steps.

But I think, you know, one week we should be able to have some good idea that the bones belong to whoever or they`re not Haleigh`s bones.

GRACE: To Sheryl McCollum, director of the Cold Case Squad, Pine Lake.

Sheryl.

SHERYL MCCOLLUM, DIRECTOR, COLD CASE SQUAD, PINE LAKE: It could be faster than a week. Three days, Nancy.

GRACE: Three days. Seventy-two hours, and you can get r-felt DNA.

MCCOLLUM: Absolutely.

GRACE: With me Dr. Leslie Austin -- Dr. Leslie Austin, psychotherapist.

Dr. Leslie, wouldn`t you have liked to have been in the back of that squad car with Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin after police show Misty Croslin -- the new stepmother -- little Haleigh`s bones?

LESLIE AUSTIN, PH.D., PSYCHOTHERAPIST: I sure would have. I would have given anything to hear that conversation. And if it was taped, hopefully maybe we will. I don`t trust anything either of them says except in a circumstance like that when they`re not smart enough to think that maybe they`re being monitored.

GRACE: Out to the lines. Becky, Ohio. Hi, Becky.

BECKY, CALLER FROM OHIO: Hi, Nancy. Hey, I have a question.

GRACE: OK.

BECKY: I remember way back early in the investigation when a dog hit on a scent in Misty`s dumpster by her trailer.

GRACE: Right.

BECKY: And I was wondering would it be possible that after she had disposed of the body she got to thinking and called her brother and he decided since he had deposited deer carcasses there in the river that that would be a better place to hide her body?

GRACE: To Jean Casarez, legal correspondent "In Session," I recall when the cadaver dog made that hit. Do you?

JEAN CASAREZ, LEGAL CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": That`s right. I remember the cameras that were there. There was live pictures of them searching that dumpster because of the hit.

They didn`t find anything. It wasn`t that close in time, though, to when Haleigh went missing. So definitely the dumpster could have been emptied or, as Becky is saying, the dumpster could have had the remains taken out and put someplace else by someone.

GRACE: Breaking news tonight. Misty Croslin, the new stepmother, taken down to the docks of the St. Johns River and shown bones purported to be those of little Haleigh.

As we go to break, everyone, we are taking your calls live. And happy birthday to one of the best lawyers in the state of Mississippi, Frank Hadden.

Frank, your success probably has a lot to do with your law school study partner.

And happy birthday to a beautiful lady, Milton, Florida. Ruth Brown. Happy birthday.

And happy birthday to one of our stars. "In Session," TruTV star, Jean Casarez. She`s finally 21.

Happy birthday, beautiful Jean.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HARDY: It`s like looking for a needle in a haystack.

M. CROSLIN: Dad, there`s nothing.

HARDY: We were willing to go ahead and take the effort and the time to go look for that needle.

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST, FMR. DC POLICE DETECTIVE; FBI TERRORISM TASK FORCE: Who was with her? The last person with her. She was.

M. CROSLIN: I woke up and she was gone. And the back door was wide open.

BROOKS: She is the one that holds the key information to finding out what happened to this beautiful little girl.

M. CROSLIN: It was about 10 o`clock.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She didn`t make any calls until either she saw him pulling in the driveway or until he actually started coming in the house, and he confronted her.

CUMMINGS: I just got home from work. My 5-year-old daughter is gone.

HOLLARS: Told us baby, don`t cry, this is something you should have said a long time ago.

PADILLA: Misty is being very coy about answering the questions.

HOLLARS: She says, "But nanny, I was scared."

(END OF VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: We are taking your calls live. Stunning evidence tonight breaking in the last hour that stepmother Misty Croslin taken down to the docks of the St. Johns River and shown the bones of 5-year-old little Haleigh, then placed in a squad car along with her brother Tommy Croslin.

We are taking your calls, live to Lisa in Florida. Hi, Lisa.

LISA, CALLER FROM FLORIDA: Hi, Nancy. Good evening.

GRACE: Hi, dear.

LISA: Hi, honey. Listen, how long ago did the grandmother find out this information? And can she be like held responsible for withholding evidence?

GRACE: To Marlaina Schiavo, when did the calls start coming to grandma? That broke the case.

MARLAINA SCHIAVO, NANCY PRODUCER: Well, as you recall, Tommy Croslin took a polygraph two weeks ago and -- or a week and a half ago, and at that time, right after that, that`s when he called his grandmother. So -- and it was right after that that the search began. So she wasn`t holding on to any information for Tommy.

GRACE: And remember, Lisa in Florida, in our jurisprudence system you do not -- you did not be prosecuted for not doing something, for failure to act. So if you know something and you don`t tell police, you`re likely not going to get prosecuted.

If you obstruct justice, however, you will. If you actively try to stop or hinder an investigation, that`s a different matter than simply withholding evidence.

But according to our sources, the grandma only found out in the last week.

To Rhonda in Florida. Hi, Rhonda. Rhonda, are you there?

RHONDA, CALLER FROM FLORIDA: Yes, I am.

GRACE: What`s your question, dear?

RHONDA: Thank you for taking my call.

GRACE: Yes, ma`am.

RHONDA: And I think that you -- it`s wonderful the way you balance both worlds, working worlds and being a mom. That`s a hard job.

GRACE: Man, it really is, Rhonda. And you sound like you`re a working mom yourself. So you know what it`s like.

RHONDA: And also I think they`re becoming personalities on their own, getting their own personality.

GRACE: Oh, yes.

RHONDA: I think they`re comical (ph).

GRACE: They are. And they had these two personalities when they -- when I gave birth.

RHONDA: Yes.

GRACE: But they have really developed. They couldn`t be more different, even though they`re twins.

What`s your question, dear?

RHONDA: Yes, I have a comment and a question. First of all, if Misty Croslin was just looking on or just looking on or helping, would she still be accomplice -- an accomplice?

GRACE: If she`s helping, you`re darn right. One for all and all for one. The theory of conspiracy, aiding and abetting, accomplice to a crime.

To Renee in New Hampshire. Hi, Renee.

RENEE, CALLER FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE: Yes, ma`am. I`m just wondering, why all of a sudden are her grandchildren calling the grandmother after 14 months?

GRACE: Good question. Art Harris, I believe they`ve been calling on and off all along.

HARRIS: That`s right, Nancy.

GRACE: And finally, when Tommy Croslin flunked the polygraph, he cracked.

HARRIS: That`s right, Nancy. I`ve been speaking with Flora Hollars for months. They have been calling her collect from jail. She is their listening post and very, very sympathetic to both of them.

They called -- Tommy called her after he had been holding this in for many months, took the polygraph, flunked, felt badly, told her, and she said, as you know, it was Joe, wasn`t it? He said yes. And he got it off his chest.

GRACE: Art Harris breaking the story tonight, Croslin taken down to the river and shown little Haleigh`s bones.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/20/ng.01.html

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:23 am

I have two views about what the visits to the docks means.
A- Law Enforcement Posturing. You know that's when they set the scene for the person they're hoping to get a confession from. Laying out the evidence and innuendos in plain sight and then leaving the person alone to survey it all for themselves. The Forensic Anthropologist Van, the ambulance gurney on the pier, the divers in the water, the bone, putting the siblings in a squad car together. (yeah... how often do you think that happens?) Any conversation happening between the two will lead to information of some sort, guilt, innocence, or just more drug induced brain dead stupidity
OR
B- Law Enforcement really did find something in the silt of the river bottom where the cinder blocks were retrieved, like Jewelry, a tooth, even just a portion of a bone could be identified as Haleigh's. Or maybe they came across something beyond probability, lets say something that a child with Turner Syndrome might have... like hearing tubes that were implanted in her ears?
All this speculating is making me crazy!
over reaction

Who in the HELL throws a child to the alligators? An impossible image to get out of your head once the seed is planted there!

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal Has Haleigh Cummings Bones Been Found At Crime Scene?

Post by Nama on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:43 am

Sources are saying that Misty Croslin was taking to the crime scene and shown bones, that are believe to be Haleigh bones. Misty and Tommy rode back to the jail together and she told Tommy what she seen. Detective deny to public bones were found. It's is said bones are now being tested for DNA.

Two pieces of rope has been found also and is being test along with cinder blocks at crime lab.

Grandmother of Misty said she's starting to believe all of her grandchildren are involved in Haleigh's death and now thinks Misty was In the van too. Misty and Tommy our both still blaming Cousin Joe Overstreet who still is denying being at river.

I don't know what the real story is, but whatever done in the dark will come to light!

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978186240

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:31 am

Wow - those transcripts took awhile to read through, but they were interesting! Thanks for posting them, Wrap. GG Hollars seems to be speaking the truth, at least according to her grandkids, so I admire her for that!

I do think LE was trying to get a confession from Misty by showing her the bones - they may not even be Haleigh's. However, it would be interesting to hear what Misty & Tommy talked about in the police car!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:33 am

NiteSpinR wrote:Who in the HELL throws a child to the alligators? An impossible image to get out of your head once the seed is planted there!

I agree!! I just hope & pray that she was already dead... at least then she wouldn't have had to suffer a gruesome death in the river! It\\'s Not Fair

Last edited by Rainbow on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:36 am

BJ in OR wrote: Grandmother of Misty said: I don't know what the real story is, but whatever done in the dark will come to light!

Amen!! I know that the truth will eventually come out, and there will be justice for Haleigh!

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:08 am

Art Harris is reporting that Misty was shown bones recovered from the river.

The Bald Truth has learned exclusively that detectives showed Misty Croslin bones at the crime scene along the St. John’s River —-bones police believe could be the remains of Haleigh Cummings, the five year old she reported missing 14 months ago from a trailer home just down the road from the boat ramp where her brother, Tommy, has indicated little Haleigh’s body was dumped.

Please see entire article here:
Read the rest of this entry »
source:
www.artharris.com

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : can only post approx 10% of Art Harris' articles, per Art. Thanks!)
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:39 am

I find it hard to believe any of this. I want to know how Art Harris finds out all this stuff?

Wrap, you know more about this stuff. Can you weigh in your thoughts about what Art Harris claims and where he might hear this from? confused
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:54 am

When I was looking for those motions Frogs asked about - I did see on one website - I think it was click orlando or cfnews 13 that they too posted that bones had been shown to Misty - but they probably picked that up from Harris's site. I think this is all innuendo and rumor at this point.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Not because Art Harris says so but I do believe they found some remains as they told the family to plan a funeral.

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:43 pm

It is a shame it took so long for Misty and company to 'break' and have the truth begin to come out. Appropriate treatment would be to send all involved to a watery grave, as gator food.
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Linda - I think I agree with you!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by frogs on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:55 pm

http://www.wftv.com/news/23222550/detail.html

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said a rumor indicating that remains found were those of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings is false.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AT THE SCENE: Divers Search For Haleigh
PRESS CONFERENCE: Detective On Haleigh Search
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A rumor has spread throughout our community that her body has been located. This rumor is false, and this information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media," Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood wrote in a Putnam County Sheriff's Office release.

An independent investigative reporter claimed that detectives looking for missing Haleigh Cummings showed Misty Croslin bones they recovered along the St. Johns River.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office said it did recover animal remains, such as multiple animal bones. The agency had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all biological items that were recovered as being non-human.

"In an effort to prevent this false information from impeding our investigation, Sheriff Hardy wants to quell these rumors so we can maintain our focus on the criminal investigation," Greenwood wrote.

Investigators said Misty Croslin could have easily seen the items when she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress.

-------

I always take anything AH says with two grains of salt!
frogs

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:02 pm

All rumors embellished upon and passed on. I guess unless it comes straight from LE, we cant believe anything.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:10 pm

Even then, we take it with a grain of salt. They could be involved in a set up of someone or other.
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:37 pm

I know charming! Who knows if they have anything anymore!

Did we hear straight from LE's mouth that they sent the cinder blocks in for testing? I thought I only heard from LE that they sent in items for testing. Wasn't it Art Harris who also made a huge statement that LE sent in cinder blocks ?

Who in the heck really knows what evidence (if any) LE has!

Artgal, it is true.. we can NOT trust anything that comes out of the Media anymore!
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:44 pm

So true, mommy! It's like some of them (Harris; Belich) sit around and think: Now what could I throw out there that would get a lot of attention/ratings/invitations to NG and JVM? They just make up stuff!! It really makes me angry !!
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 pm

For someone who won an emmy, AH has really gone down hill. And NG is just as bad if not worse.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by frogs on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Let's see if NG will have AH on tonight to discuss this latest turn of events.
frogs

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Wonder if LE showed Misty bones...not identifying them as animal bones to her...to get her reaction, to see if she would talk?
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:19 pm

I don't know about cinder blocks, but NG distinctly said they recovered bones belonging to Haleigh. Today's news brings the statement from LE that they recovered only animal bones and DID NOT recover any human remains. NG makes me very mad the way she embellishes and borders on fabrications. I would think an attorney would know better than this, especially a criminal prosecutor bound by absolute facts in a court of law. I think she ASSUMED that there were human bones recovered and presented this as fact to her viewers.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:25 pm

by frogs Today at 3:51 pm

Let's see if NG will have AH on tonight to discuss this latest turn of events

I can see it now... BOMBSHELL TONIGHT... This just in, Bones thought to be HL's are actually that of an animal.... Did LE try to portray these were in fact HL's bones to get her to talk more? We take you calls tonight!!!!!

la la la
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:46 pm

On the phone, Sheba from Illinois. What's your question, dear?
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:51 pm

Simon Says~~~~

It was reported incorrectly on HLN last night that skeletal remains of Haleigh Cummings had been located. I can not blame Art Harris he was not the one to make the claim, rather it was Nancy Grace. Art however did little to rectify the situation, so they both sit with a good deal of egg on their faces.
I contacted the PCSO for clarification and Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood sent me back a rather nebulous reply. I apparently was not the only press organization that picked up on the story, and today the PCSO issued a press communique that is crystal clear:
Date: April 21, 2010
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous inquiries regarding the recovery of the skeletal remains of missing 5 year-old Haleigh Cummings. A rumor has spread throughout our community that her body has been located. This rumor is false, and this information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media.
The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office did recover animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth, and a multiple animal bones. The agency had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all “biological” items that were recovered as being non-human. Additionally, Misty Croslin could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress.
In an effort to prevent this false information from impeding our investigation, Sheriff Hardy wants to quell these rumors so we can maintain our focus on the criminal investigation.
Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Ha HA!! I seriously can't wait to see what NG comes up with to Cover her ARS!! ha ha
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Normal A Stream-of-Consciousness Chronicle of the Haleigh Cummings` Homicide Case!

Post by Nama on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:38 pm

WARNING: This is not a news report! It`s a stream-of-consciousness outpouring that attempts to capsulate portions or fragments of the "Haleigh Cummings` Homicide Case.` Like Misty`s multiple lies, some of it is truthful, but some of it is the figment of an over-active imagination. I`ll let you the reader sort out what is fact and what is fiction. I`m not able to achieve that lofty goal from my own private investigations of this zany case.Faded contours of the truth gradually clear. Between the lies tiny specks of reality gleam forth. A brick props a back trailer door when a 911 call is made. Cinder blocks were on Misty`s mind on February 10, 2009. Return to the scene of the crime. The St. Johns River. An isolated boat ramp on Shell Harbour Road. Tommy throws deer carcasses from this spot into the river. A kind of sport. Now detectives show Misty bones.Killers know that alligators will devour any flesh thrown their way. Evidence gone. But police retrieve two cinder blocks from the muddy waters. Were these bricks a plague on Misty`s mind? Were they symbols of guilt that weighed on Misty`s conscience? Why did Tommy crack on the 11th, and spill his guts to Grandma Flo? Just cuz he flunks a polygraph test, don`t mean he aint tellin` the truth, part-way?Misty calls Flo 15 minutes later. Is she still lying when she points the finger at cousin Joe? How did she know where to point X marks the spot in the murky river of St. Johns? Flo believes that Misty was in the van that night. Art Harris of The Bald Truth has just reported that Misty was taken out of the St. John`s County Jail again. Last Friday Misty was put in a squad car; transported to the grizzly crime scene and shown human bones, possible of little Haleigh Cummings.Tommy Croslin and Misty Croslin road together in a squad car from the Putnam County Sheriff`s Office back to their jail in St. Augustine. This was a clever ploy by detectives to elicit an emotional reaction out of brother and sister, united for the first time since their drug bust back in January. You can bet your life tape recorders were rolling. Apparently Misty showed some kind of emotion, won`t claim it was an excited utterance " though. (artharris.com-Exclusive: Cops Show Misty Croslin The Bones!-4/20/2010)Purple Haze all around, don`t know if I`m comin` up or down. Am I happy or in misery? Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me. " If I write about art or music no one will care. Misty has put a spell on the media and people want to hear that dainty girl lie through her teeth and cry like a baby to the cameras. She holds the power, she has the key to your door. Her dreams must be frightening nightmares. Misty makes a pack with the devil for fame everlasting.Is it tomorrow or just the end of time? " Joe jumps up out of bed with his clothes still on. How odd is this? Very. Chelsea Croslin had just received a call that Haleigh was missing. Don`t have the "blue van` account straight in my head yet. Chelsea notices that the keys had been moved from where she`d left them on the kitchen table the day before. The van was also moved to a new location in her driveway.But was it Joe that had taken the van out on a joy ride the night before, or was it Tommy Croslin who had taken it for a ride? Or did they ride in the van together? What phone calls came in and went out from Chelsea Croslin`s house, to Ron Cummings or Tommy`s house (or cell phone)? This would suggest corroboration between Tommy and Joe. And what do you make of the two types of yellow rope that were missing from the blue van, the day after?Move over rover and let Jimi take over. " A subconscious thought that`s hard to wrap your mind around, but all are thinking` out loud, will purge a demon, let it fly out through the air. The scene is coming into focus. Most horrible! Oh most gruesome to behold: out of Shakespeare, Lady MacBeth utters, Out damned spot! " Murder most foul! A "CONSPIRACY OF THREE` throw the lifeless body of little Haleigh Cummings to the swift currents of the St. Johns River, directly into the chompin` jaws of scores of ravenous alligators. With our technology, we see all things right before our very eyes.Don`t blame Flora Hollars. Did what she had to do. Good citizen. Had to bust her own kin. Bad blood, or maybe it was just the drugs made em do it. Or was it an accident? Did Misty hit the child in a fit of rage? Did she slip her oxycontin to hush her up? It was a brick, brick on the floor. " Stone free to do as I please. " Flo says her behavior was odd when she visits her in Tennessee. Says that Joe was sullen and changed, taciturn when returning from Florida.Flo says: If Tommy says anything he`d come down there, bring a gun and kill his whole family. " Joe seems like a crazy kid. Haven`t heard all the details of his juvenile record yet. Flo says car theft is part of it. Haven`t heard of sexual-related charges yet? Scary photo of Joe on My Space page holding a Beretta up, threatening and bad-ass like. Crazy kid, but cooled down when with his attorney, Shawn Sirgo.Most chilling of all. Joe liked to throw deer meat into the waters and witness the Gator`s devour the food in a split second. Joe would stand at the very spot where authorities believe the unspeakable crime took place. According to Ron, All of a sudden, there were a hundred eyes that popped out of the water, and Joe said, "This would be a good place to get rid of a body.` " (ArtHarris.com-ibid)Flo believes all three were involved. She even thinks Ron has known all along. Ron knew Misty had been on a three day drug and sex binge. She was strung out. Didn`t want to have to babysit little Haleigh. An argument ensues. Forced to babysit. Does she go crazy and hit the child? Did Ron marry her to set her up for a fall? Did he sell drugs to frame her for a ride to jail, then she`d crack? Suspect Ron`s not that smart.Will forensic anthropologists positively identify the bones of this precious child by way of DNA samples provided by the parents? Are funeral plans already being made for the child? How can Ron get out of jail to attend such a funeral? A favor of grace may be extended for the poor grieving father, who plays out in the press a victim of circumstances beyond his control. One still can not understand why he`d go and sell drugs after his daughter was abducted and missing? Maybe he was going underground "Foxy Lady, we`re comin` to get you. " Five polygraph tests failed. Tommy and Misty. What`s up with the Rasta-Locks of Misty on the eve of her drug bust? Why does Nancy Grace present the case so poetically, with rapid unrelated footage clipped together, as if it fits together? Suggestion! I don`t have a clue! Summary of events? Not really. Why does the local media let CNN take over their story. They`re getting their info from CNN and Art Harris. What`s up? LOCAL NEWS IS DEAD! Should you believe yourself or just let CNN take control of your brain.People are startin to talk. " News is fragments now. Scrambled eggs. No more. Bones were shown. But things are still unclear. How can the police tie this all together? Shock her into revelation. " Satsuma`s a madhouse. Crawlin` with small time want a be reporters, trying to make a name for themselves. Misty`s a Femme Fatale, like a Tiger mistress turned sex counselor, fame won`t go away. People love to watch her lie. If case is solved will Nancy fold, will Misty get her own show? Probably.Fold into dust. Go away Ron, Misty, Tommy and Joe. Leave us alone. Take your nightmare to the river. Will Flo get her own show? Money Maker. Cash machine. TRUE CRIME is the NEW ROCK `N` ROLL! Good bye Chuck Berry. So long Bill Hailey. Hello bones and remains. Hello Anne Rule. Remember Farrah Fawcett in Small Sacrifices? $35,000 reward leading to the arrest of the killers. Should go to Flo.Now the images are blurring. Are we further from the truth then ever? Intuit it. It won`t come. No closure. Will clam up. Silence of the Lambs. Make a case. They are busted. " Don`t know Tommy`s role. Totally fuzzy about Joe. Misty can lie tell the end of time. Her lies are poetry to a dumbfounded public. A teeny Sappho on the dark side of the bridge (moon). If someone had something to do with it, let em fry! " Ron says this as if he knows. Unclear. Cognizance of Misty`s role? Spill the beans, spill the beans!Excited utterances, spontaneous outbursts that can be used by the prosecution to nail the culprits. A "Conspiracy of Three,` but all have different tales to tell. The child was already deceased when the van went to the trailer. " Leonard Padilla doesn`t think Joe left with the van. Tending to this theory. Cadaver dog scented dumpster. Was the body taken out by the Step-Mother, then disposed of down to the river?Ron calls the trailer 8 times, but Misty never answers. Joe is home sleeping soundly. Tommy sneaks the blue van and picks up Misty. They take the body down to "nonpayment for drugs, Ron took gun from trailer so Joe couldn`t get his money for drugs taken. He kills Haleigh and makes them dispose of the body. Don`t buy this, but can`t bleep Joe out of this fuzzy picture. Why did he have all his clothes on anyhow when Chelsea got that call?Bad Juju. Why did Ron put a DEAD RAT in Tommy`s mail box last summer. Nancy does not believe Ron was involved. Many people do believe he has some complicity. Is he anymore convincing than Misty when he cries like a baby? Maybe these are Crocodile Tears? Do you think we`ll ever know exactly what happened? I don`t. That unwinds the media and puts them out of business. That won`t happen. (I ainta gonna edit it or change it `round none, I don`t care "don`t give a hoot if you read it or not. I need some coffee "don`t want no more Misty moods of murder and mayhem...)

chaseonline.chase.com/

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:42 pm

Does anyone else think that this search is going to end up like the search of that Modux(sp?) Pond they did way back when? I was surely thinking this was the real deal when they had the entire family come down to PCSO, but now I don't know what to think!

I want to know if for a FACT LE told the family to get ready to prepare for a funeral;

I want to know if for a FACT LE found Cinder Blocks and that is what was sent in for testing;

Right now at this very moment, I have this sick feeling that LE was dooped by Misty and her brother Tommy and am scared that LE gave them a plea deal in their drug cases if they would lead them to HL, so Misty comes up with this fabricated story of Joe feeding her to the Alligators and now she gets a lessor charge, but still NO HL!!!

Sorry for the Rant, but I am just freaking out a little is all. head bang
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:47 pm

charminglane wrote:Even then, we take it with a grain of salt. They could be involved in a set up of someone or other.

This all makes me so angry. Why would they tell the family to plan a funeral if not even one of her little bones was found? If I was her family no way would I hold a funeral without proof. I believe she is in heaven but a funeral seems out of line with no remains. LE has kept things close to the vest on this case from the beginning. I am so impressed with the drug bust. Had LE leaked things out the drug bust would not have happened. I think LE is holding things back from the media and I don't blame them. So there could possible be some physical evidence and until their case is firm we will know nothing as usual. This is so not like the Anthony saga where we know everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:34 pm

B.J.~~I go to bed with that stream of concious thing every night. I keep hoping something will gel and I will have an epiphany and solve the mystery of what happened to our precious little friend HaLeigh.

Could LE have told the family that they were to prepare for a funeral as a way of getting to someone? Are they supposed to keep things under wraps themselves? We don't hear from Mother Theresa or the Sheffields, really. You would think they would be wailing from the rooftops regarding a funeral. It is stinky, the whole fishy thing. Show me a body. I am STILL leaving a light on.
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:38 pm

ALSO, Linda Marie--could you change the headline so that we get some true breaking news?
Every day I look and I think there is something credible and then find out we were duped. It gets confusing if I have a second to read at work and it is old news. Sorry, if that is too hard of a request.
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:41 pm

There was talk at the start of this saga of Ron having been a possible police informant in the past. I can totally see him marrying Misty to "keep the enemy close by". I can totally see him being in on a drug sting with Misty in order to trap her. Makes total sense to me. Or am I being duped?!
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:29 pm

by charminglane Today at 6:38 pm ALSO, Linda Marie--could you change the headline so that we get some true breaking news?
I'll try it right now. For the last couple weeks I've been having a problem changing the "title" of a thread. Sometimes it won't change and I don't have a clue why......and other times I have NO problem. We'll see :scratch:

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 pm

charminglane, I tried and failed. Many of the threads have outdated titles that need changing and I can't change them. Sorry. :no:

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:42 pm

I keep wondering if Ron is involved more than previously thought?

I was watching one of the NG or JMV shows and they said a lot of things were strange about Ron that night.

Could he have married Misty to keep her quiet too? Too bad Ron's granny doesn't start spilling her stories.

I think little Haleigh never had a chance. What a shame.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:47 pm

I've always thought Ron was involved.

If he married Misty to keep her quiet, that doesn't fly in the State of Florida. I doubt Ggma Sykes would start spilling her stories as they would put Ron in a bad light.

I agree. Haleigh never had a chance.

So, NG had Art on again tonight. I don't think either get it.

Very interesting what Flora Hollars had to say about Misty on JVM. I will try to post the particulars from the transcripts later.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:12 pm

charminglane wrote:ALSO, Linda Marie--could you change the headline so that we get some true breaking news?
Every day I look and I think there is something credible and then find out we were duped. It gets confusing if I have a second to read at work and it is old news. Sorry, if that is too hard of a request.

There you go. Changing titles have been a little tricky lately.

Back to top Go down

Normal Haleigh Cummings Rumors False

Post by Nama on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:16 pm

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that rumors that skeletal remains and the body of Haleigh Cummings have been found are false.
Sheriff Jeff Hardy made the announcement in a news release after Art Harris, an independent investigative reporter, claimed Tuesday that detectives showed Misty Cummings, Haleigh's former stepmother, bones they recovered from the crime scene along the St. Johns River.
"This information has been vastly misreported and sensationalized by the media," Hardy said in the release.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said it did recover animal remains such as alligator claws and teeth and multiple animal bones in its search of the St. Johns River last week. Investigators said they had an anthropologist at the scene that identified all "biological" items that were recovered as being non-human.
"Misty Cummings could have easily seen these items while she was at the dock while the dive operation was in progress," Hardy said.
According to Harris' blog The Bald Truth, police believe the bones could be the remains of Haleigh Cummings, the 5-year-old who disappeared from her Putnam County home 14 months ago.
Investigators said when they got the tip that led to the river, they were encouraged it would lead to something significant because it's a place they had never searched before, it was in a remote area and it was a logical place to get rid of something.
Sources told Channel 4 the tip came from Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., Misty Cummings' brother. Investigators were looking for cinder blocks with a yellow rope attached, and two cinder blocks were recovered in the water but not any yellow rope, according to sources.
Harris claims Misty Cummings shared the news of the bones with her brother, Hank Croslin, last Friday night. The pair was on their way from the St. Johns County Jail where they are awaiting trial on drug trafficking charges.
According to artharris.com, once they reached the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department in Palatka, detectives put Misty and Hank Croslin in separate rooms for further interrogation, before allowing them to ride together back to jail in the next county. Harris said sources told him it was the siblings first extended visit since both were arrested on drug charges three months ago.

A woman who appears to be Misty Cummings was seen on a river dock where investigators were searching for evidence in the Haleigh Cummings case.
Harris went on to say "other than saying she showed 'emotion,' it’s unclear how either reacted or what was said, but their ride, like collect calls from jail, was caught on audio tape."
Terry Shoemaker, Ronald Cummings' attorney, told Nancy Grace that police have advised his client, and mother Crystal Sheffield, to make funeral arrangements to bury their missing 5-year-old.
Ann Dugger with the Justice Coalition said that the family has made preliminary inquiries with funeral homes, but no arrangements are made for a funeral or a memorial service.
The Bald Truth reported Haleigh's family has turned over items containing Haleigh’s DNA for forensic experts to compare to DNA from bones found at the river.
During one visit to the river, Ronald Cummings told Art Harris, Joe Overstreet enjoyed tossing deer meat into the water and watching alligators go into a feeding frenzy.
“He said, all of a sudden, there were a hundred eyes that popped out of the water, and Joe said, ‘This would be a good place to get rid of a body.’”

Putnam County investigators flew to Antioch, Tenn., last week to question Joe Overstreet, a cousin of Misty Cummings. When Haleigh vanished from her father's Florida mobile home 14 months ago, Overstreet said he was in Satsuma on vacation. Investigators have since flown back to Florida.
Investigators said they had interviewed Overstreet several times before.
Overstreet and Cummings' grandmother, Flora Hollars, who also lives in Antioch, said it was her tip that led investigators to search the St. Johns River. Though Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said the tip did not come from Tennessee, but from a source.
Anyone with information on Haleigh's disappearance or whereabouts is asked to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0808 or Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23217461/detail.html

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiinTx on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:25 pm

I made it a point to watch that segment of NG with AH to see what exactly was said. He said Misty was shown bones possibly human and possibly belonging to Haleigh and NG took it and ran. She definitively said Misty was shown Haleigh's bones over and over and over. Can't believe I used to watch that woman every night. Ugh!
NikkiinTx

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:26 pm

WHOOHOO! I just changed the title of the thread. There are different options now for changing the title that I have never seen before. I'll get some of the others changed now too. Wish me luck!
Bravo

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:08 pm

God Speed, BJ and thanks!!!

:cheers:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Flora Hollars on JVM 04/21/10 - Grandma Hollars says all 3 are involved.

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 pm

snipped from JVM transcripts:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Plus, divers discover bones in the muddy water. It was reported that they could belong to little Haleigh. Investigators even told Haleigh`s dad, Ronald, to plan a funeral.

Well, tonight, breaking news on that front. Those bones have been analyzed and have been identified as animal remains. There is still no body in this case.

And we are taking your calls tonight with Grandma Flo: 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1-877-586-7297.

Straight out to my fantastic expert panel, all experts in this case, but first, my very special guest and the prime expert in this case, Flora Hollars, Misty Croslin`s own grandmother.

Flora, let me say again for the record I applaud you for immediately reporting this tip to police, even though your own family is at stake in all of this.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Great to have you here.

Last night you said you believe Misty, Tommy, Joe and Haleigh`s father, Ronald Cummings, were all involved in a conspiracy to cover up Haleigh`s murder. Flo, we did some research. We found that cops have cleared Ronald Cummings, Haleigh`s dad. So why do you think he knows something more?

HOLLARS: Well, really what it boiled down to is the fact that him and her had been arguing all day where she`d been out on that drug spree. And then he made her keep those babies -- those two babies that night. And there`s -- it takes him 50 minutes to get from home and work, back and forth. And what did he do in that ten minutes?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. So you`re saying that there`s a time discrepancy?

HOLLARS: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But he went to work.

HOLLARS: Uh-huh.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: My understanding was he was -- he`s working the night shift, he`s informed at work that little Haleigh is missing by Misty. He rushes back, can`t find her and then called police. He calls police. Where is the time discrepancy there?

HOLLARS: The -- getting to work is 25 minutes, getting back from -- getting home from work is 25 minutes. That -- that makes 50 minutes. There`s ten minutes to spare there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, I want to stress again that law enforcement has said that Ron Cummings is not a suspect. They have investigated. They`ve cleared him. They`ve said they`ve checked his phone records, they`ve checked everything, and they really believe he has absolutely nothing to do with this.

We`ve also reached out to attorneys for all -- Tommy, Joe, Misty and Ron -- and we have not heard back today.

But I want to ask you about this, Flo. After Ron leaves for work, somehow we have now Misty who`s in the trailer, she said she just went to sleep with the two kids and woke up -- initially she said this -- and they were missing. But it emerged that perhaps she had been visited by Tommy and Joe.

So set the stage for us. What was going on inside that trailer, do you believe? Do you believe all three were there, and were they partying?

HOLLARS: I know they were al three there, because Joe and Tommy was looking for the machine gun that Ronald had.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And what were they doing? Were they partying? Were they drugging, do you think?

HOLLARS: They didn`t say that, but I`m pretty such if they had any they were.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why do...

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why do these three grandchildren have troubles? Why are they so troubled? Now, two of the three are behind bars. Joe is clear at this point. Investigators have not charged him with anything. But why do you think Misty and Tommy have such a troubled history and now they`re behind bars on drug conspiracy charges?

Did they have trouble as kids? Did any of these three of your grandchildren that we`re looking at now have violent streaks when they were kids growing up?

HOLLARS: Not that I know of. But they never really had parents that stayed straight enough to take care of them anyways.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you mean?

HOLLARS: Tommy and Misty, their mom and dad were crackheads. And they stayed messed up on crack all the time. What time I didn`t have them, their grandmother in Michigan had them. Well, I had Misty. She had the other two.

I went to Colorado three summers in a row and only caught the kids home one time. They were in Michigan.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Only what one time?

HOLLARS: Only one time out of the three years that I went up there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Only one time what? I didn`t get you.

HOLLARS: When I went to Colorado to visit, I went there three times. The first time that I went, they wasn`t there. The second -- the second time they were there. The third time they wasn`t there. They were in Michigan.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you`re -- is this the parents of Misty?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So what -- how old was Misty and who was taking care of her?

HOLLARS: Her grandmother in -- June Croslin in Michigan.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you`re saying that Misty and Tommy, they`re brother and sister, their parents were drug addicts and did not take good care of Misty and Tommy, which may have led to their own addiction? As a recovering alcoholic myself, I know that that can be handed down. We`re not saying for sure they`re addicts, but this is your premise?

HOLLARS: Oh, yes, ma`am, they are addicts.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: How do you know that?

HOLLARS: They live like gypsies.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: How do you know that Misty and Tommy are addicts?

HOLLARS: Well, from the -- my daughter`s own words down there and the way that he was stealing his daddy`s pills, which his daddy is going on trial for doctor shopping. He was getting roxies. And he said they were stealing all of them. But Misty stated out of her own mouth that he was giving them to her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Flo, you say there are a few different stories you`ve heard about how little Haleigh was murdered.

HOLLARS: Uh-huh.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want you to listen to this.

HOLLARS: OK.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: I`ve heard two different details. I heard that she got a hold of one of Ron`s pills and swallowed it and O.D.`d on it, and then I heard that Misty supposedly hit her in the back of the head, and Joe supposedly raped her and then got rid of the body.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Flo, those are three very different scenarios. Where did you hear each of those stories, and which one do you believe?

HOLLARS: I believe the one that Misty told me, that they tied her up in a rope and dropped her in the river. I just don`t know whether they raped her or not. But I sort of believe that they did. I just hope and pray that the child was already dead before she hit that water[/b].

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But how do you know that, based on what Tommy told you on the phone? I mean, did Tommy tell you how the child -- if, in fact, this is what happened, got from the trailer to the river and what happened in between the time that the child left the trailer and got to the river, and who took the child from the trailer to the river?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am. All Tommy told me was that Joe did it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And you didn`t ask any follow-up questions?

HOLLARS: Yes, I asked follow-up questions, but he didn`t answer any of the rest of them. He was crying too hard, so he started talking about his kids and his wife.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So how do you know that Misty, in your opinion, Misty, Tommy and Joe were all there at the river that night with little Haleigh? How do you make that leap, when all Tommy said was Joe did it, and then all Misty said was they tied a rope around her and, with cement, threw her in the water?

HOLLARS: Well, in my opinion, the way that I feel that -- knowing that is that she knew she was throwed in the St. John`s River.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you`re saying how would she know that without having witnessed it?

HOLLARS: If she hadn`t have witnessed it or -- see, Joe left the next day after this happened. Now, maybe Tommy carried her over there and showed her where they had dropped her at. I don`t know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Grandma Flo, you`re such a great interview. We really, really appreciate you being here. Stay right where you are. Don`t move.

And we`re going to get some calls in: 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1-877-586-7297. Phone lines lighting up.

Plus, here we go again. A new prison inmate coming forward in the Casey Anthony case, this time claiming Casey talked about chloroform. You won`t believe this one. Are any of these roommates telling the truth.

But first, what happened to Haleigh Cummings? And did she end up in this river? We are hunting for answers with Misty`s grandmother.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HANK CROSLIN, MISTY`S FATHER: I don`t want to say nothing that will hurt you, Misty.

M. CROSLIN: I know, Daddy. It`s nothing against me. I`m telling you.

H. CROSLIN: (UNINTELLIGIBLE) Your brother told me to tell you he loves you.

M. CROSLIN: I love him, too.

H. CROSLIN: We want to get your brother out, too.

M. CROSLIN: Well, worry about me first. OK?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

M. CROSLIN: So I got up and went to the kitchen. And that`s when I noticed the back door was wide open. The back door was open. The screen door was holding by a big cement block.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Misty told cops a cinderblock was propped open, holding the door of her trailer home open the night Haleigh went missing. That was her initial story. Investigators reportedly pulled two cinderblocks from the St. John`s River, and they are examining them.

We are talking to Misty`s grandmother, Flora Hollars, who says she thinks her granddaughter, Misty, was somehow involved in Haleigh Cummings` death.

We have a team of experts with us tonight. We begin with HLN law enforcement analyst Mike Brooks.

Mike, what would you like to ask Flora?

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: Ms. Hollars, good to have you with us again.

BROOKS: Misty has taken now, it looks like, four polygraphs. Initially the first two were by law enforcement, one by Texas EquuSearch, and then apparently, another one. Has she ever discussed what the questions were that were asked to her and why she failed so badly?

HOLLARS: No, sir, she hasn`t.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Jayne Weintraub, your question for Flo.

JAYNE WEINTRAUB, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Have you ever spoken with Misty prior to this about any details like the yellow rope? Did she ever mention anything?

HOLLARS: She didn`t say anything about that until the Monday after Tommy had told me on Sunday about the -- Joe being the one that did it. And that following Monday is when Misty told me that they tied her with a yellow rope and tied the blocks around it and dropped her into the St. John`s River.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Levi Page, host of "The Levi Page Show," your question for Flo.

LEVI PAGE, HOST, "THE LEVI PAGE SHOW": Yes. Ms. Hollars, I want to ask you. Misty was jailed along with Donna Brock, a former volunteer with EquuSearch, in that drug-trafficking scandal.

PAGE: Donna Brock went undercover in October to try to get information out of Misty. According to what`s been reported, Ronald Cumming, when he learned that Donna Brock was going undercover to try to get information out of Misty, Ronald called Misty to warn her not to say anything. If Ronald doesn`t have any involvement, why do you think he warned Misty not to talk to Donna?

HOLLARS: That`s something that I would really like to know, too.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Because I think you`re saying that Ron may have at least some knowledge of what happened, even though I have to stress investigators have cleared him as a suspect.

Cheryl, North Carolina, your question for Flo?

CALLER: Yes. Why did she wait so long to come out with this? Obviously, they told her earlier on. And so she`s known this for a while, and she waited until they all got arrested on the drug charges to come out with this.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Flo?

HOLLARS: Who waited?

CALLER: You did.

HOLLARS: I just heard this last week.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Well, let me ask a related question, then. Why do you think Misty waited so long? If, in fact, she was going to spill this, why wait until 15 minutes after Tommy calls?

Have you ever considered the possibility that somehow they managed to coordinate their stories and that none of this is true, that maybe there`s nothing down there at the river, that -- that basically this is just another story made up out of whole cloth, the way Misty initially said she woke up and Haleigh was simply gone?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am, because 15 minutes after Tommy called me, Misty called me. I told her what he said and she was crying and all she could say is, "Nanny, I`ve told them this all along." Misty didn`t tell me until the following Monday about the rope and the bricks in the St. John`s River.

BROOKS: And Jane, I really don`t think also that law enforcement would have gone to all this trouble and this whole dive operation, had they not thought that the information they got was very credible.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes.

WEINTRAUB: Especially to stay all night on a river. I mean, it`s really -- it`s unheard of. Jane, can I ask you to ask a question?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Go ahead.

WEINTRAUB: Can you ask Flo whether or not there were any discussions from Misty about the police about the time in prison she was going to spend before she came up with this confession? In other words, was she complaining to Flo that they`re going to put her in jail for 30 years if she doesn`t just tell them, so that`s why she`s telling her?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am. She told me that she didn`t think she would get over five years.

BROOKS: But, Jayne, we`ve seen -- we`ve seen how Misty has been since she went in. You know, the initial video we`ve seen of her until now. You saw her with her father, Hank. "Yes, Tommy is in here, too, but get me out first." It`s starting to get to her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Fantastic panel, stay right where you are. Are police finally closing in on little Haleigh`s killer? What happened that night?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

RON CUMMINGS, FATHER OF HALEIGH CUMMINGS: If you have my daughter, bring her home, please. All I want is Haleigh. That`s all I want. I want nothing else but Haleigh. That`s it. Please, if you have her, bring her home.

Babe, if you`re watching, you know you`ll always be daddy`s little girl. I love you.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Investigators did an intense underwater search over several days using divers, cadaver dogs, underwater sonar devices, focusing in n this area, a dock along the river bank of the St. John`s River.

Flo, after you called in your tip to investigators, telling them what Tommy and Misty told you, have investigators been in contact with you? Have they updated you at all as to whether they believe the story, what they found down at the river, anything?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am. I keep leaving them messages.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Really?

HOLLARS: Different things that I hear, I leave them messages, but they`ve not bothered to call me back.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: How do you feel about that?

HOLLARS: I think it`s dirty. At least they should pick the phone up and call me back and answer my questions.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: How has your extended family reacted to your going forward and calling police, even though it could jeopardize your three grandchildren?

HOLLARS: None of them like it, but it`s like I said, if it was me, I would want somebody to be doing the same thing that I`m doing sitting here right now.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you want more than anything else?

HOLLARS: I want that little girl to be put to rest.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Closure.

Mike Brooks, a question?

BROOKS: Ms. Hollars, just a little while ago you said that they went over to Ronald`s house looking for his machine gun. It had been reported earlier that apparently he had a .38 revolver. Does he have a machine gun in that house?

HOLLARS: That -- Misty said that he had a machine gun there, but he had turned it and put it somewheres else.

BROOKS: Hmm. That`s something that we`d never heard either.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I don`t understand why somebody would take a child in reaction to not finding a machine gun.

Now, let me ask you this question. Flora, what was the relationship between Misty and Haleigh? You said that Misty didn`t want to baby-sit that night. Did Misty resent the responsibility of having to take care of Haleigh, much as Casey Anthony is accused of resenting the responsibility of being a parent regarding Caylee?

HOLLARS: That one night, I`m sure she did.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But in general, did she resent the child?

HOLLARS: No, ma`am, not in general she didn`t. I`ve talked to the child on the telephone.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And?

HOLLARS: And she was a nice-talking little girl.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But I`m saying do you think -- we`re trying to figure out a motive, a motive for any of this. Something just doesn`t add up here.

HOLLARS: I`m saying Misty was jealous of Ron and Haleigh.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Misty is jealous of Ron?

HOLLARS: Ron and his daughter. I`m saying she was jealous of them.

HOLLARS: The attention that he give his daughter.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh. And do you think that was a motive of some sort?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Motive for what?

HOLLARS: Getting rid of the little girl.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Whoa.

HOLLARS: She had what she wanted.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s pretty serious stuff. Again, nobody has been charged as a suspect in this case -- Jayne Weintraub.

WEINTRAUB: I was just going to say, you know, what`s clear also that we`ve learned from the last few days is that, one, tragically, Haleigh is not alive anymore.

And, No. 2, we`ve learned that this case will eventually have closure, because there`s no statute of limitations on murder. The cops will have a chance to develop the case when the drug case comes. They`ll make the squeeze play. One will admit it until they turn evidence against the other. And they`ll come up with some corroboration. This case will be made eventually.

BROOKS: It`s just a matter of making that probable cause.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Stay tuned. We`ll have more on this case with Flo.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

M. CROSLIN: If I have something, she wants it. So if we buy something for me, we buy the same thing for her. Our shoes, me and Haleigh have the same pair of shoes. She wanted me to have pink and white Jordans just like hers. So me and her are like -- we try to do everything together.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We are here with Flo Hollars, the 67-year-old grandmother of Misty Croslin, trying to break this case, trying to really understand what happened that night. Did they go down to the river with Haleigh and throw her in the water with a weight? If so, who did it and why?

Flo, you said Misty and Ron fought because she didn`t want to baby sit Haleigh and junior the night that Haleigh went missing.

We talked about Misty`s relationship with Haleigh. You say Misty was jealous of the attention Ron gave little Haleigh. She was the apple of his eye. He said that.

FLO HOLLARS, MISTY CROSLIN`S GRANDMOTHER: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So take us further. Where are you going with that?

HOLLARS: Well, if it was your child or your step-child, would you be walking and laughing with her gone? Look how Misty is laughing. She didn`t care. She had Ron by herself.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Do you feel that Misty was, like, madly in love with Ron?

HOLLARS: Oh, yes, I know she is.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Still?

HOLLARS: Still.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Is that why she had Ron`s name tattooed on her?

HOLLARS: Uh-huh. That`s -- that`s why she`s tried to mail letters to get us to mail them back to Ron but we will not send them back to him.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tell us about that. I`m not sure I understand you. Can you spell that out?

HOLLARS: She has mailed letters to her mother mainly to be sent -- put in another envelope and be sent to Ron under her mother`s name. And I told her mother, I says, "You better not do it because you`re sticking your foot in too deep." And she didn`t do it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mike, thoughts?

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: No, I think -- that`s good information you gave her. Good advice. Because, no, if the jail found out about that, it could definitely get -- get them in trouble.

HOLLARS: Yes, it could.

(CROSSTALK)

BROOKS: One other thing, Ms. Hollars, Tommy had initially said that he went over that night and he pounded on the door of that trailer. Has he talked to you about that and said that he fabricated that? Or has he said that that was exactly what happened and then went back with Joe?

HOLLARS: He`s never said to me that he went over there. When I found out that he had went over there, I asked him why did it take him eight months to come out and say that he had been over there. And he never answered.

BROOKS: Interesting.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let me ask you this, Flo. What were in the letters that Misty was writing, trying to get her own mother to send them to Ron behind bars so that Ron could read something from her?

HOLLARS: How much she loved him and how much she wanted to be with him. And he tells her in the courtroom that he`s in love with her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So this is some kind of twisted love story?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am, it is.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok, here`s one thing I`ve never understood. How could you marry somebody who basically lost your daughter? I mean, for lack of a better phrase, the child disappeared on her watch. Everybody was shocked that he then proceeds to marry her. What do you make of that?

HOLLARS: They`d only known one another for four months. To me, that was staged marriage.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why do you say that?

HOLLARS: To keep from testifying against each other. But they found out real quick that it don`t work in Florida.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, but -- ok. Here`s what I don`t understand. You seem to agree that Ron said Haleigh was the apple of his eye.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yet why would he then be involved in any conspiracy? He`s the one who`d likely be outraged if anybody hurt Haleigh.

HOLLARS: Well, leaving him with her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What?

HOLLARS: Leaving them with her that one particular night when she was so messed up. Would you leave your child with somebody that was doped up?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: No. We`ve covered that. Ok. Jayne Weintraub, question? Question?

JAYNE WEINTRAUB, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: No, I -- no, other than I`m troubled that the police have not called Flo back. I wonder if that`s a message.

And also, I`m curious if Misty mentioned anything about being charged with a murder or Tommy, for that matter. Has anybody spoken to that they`re afraid of being charged with the murder?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Flo?

HOLLARS: I`ve not got to talk to them. I don`t have the money to get pay-toll minutes put on my telephone right now. But as soon as I get the money, I`m having them added on there.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I just want to say, Flo, we really appreciate your courage in speaking and being part of this effort to get to the truth. It takes a lot of guts to say something that could have blow-back to your own family.

HOLLARS: Yes, I know.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We applaud you. And we`re going to stay on top of it. We want you to come back real soon, ok, Flo?

HOLLARS: Ok. Thank you.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Thank you.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/21/ijvm.01.html

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:37 pm

by BJ in OR Today at 7:29 pm

by charminglane Today at 6:38 pm ALSO, Linda Marie--could you change the headline so that we get some true breaking news?
I'll try it right now. For the last couple weeks I've been having a problem changing the "title" of a thread. Sometimes it won't change and I don't have a clue why......and other times I have NO problem. We'll see
This explains my frustration when it took me 3 attempts to change the title from a Lake to a River and from a missing person to a homicide... I seriously thought it was just my computer... or perhaps... the user.. ME head bang
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Mommy, it is most definitely NOT you!!! It's the forumotion site.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:05 am

LMBO.. I absolutely LOVE your emoticon! Where do I go to get these??? Oh do tell thinking

Also, after reading most of the JVM transcripts.. WOW.. G-Ma Hollar sure is spilling the beans eh????

I actually am starting to warm up to this ol lady :idk: She seems to be "telling it like it is" when it comes to Misty and clan.... now do I believe anything she says about what came out of Misty's mouth (Meaning, Misty could still be feeding her Nanny LIES) but from what I hear from G-ma Hollars, she seems to be on the right track with what her wack A Doo kids/Grandkids are really up to!!!
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:21 am

BTW, I am just now getting a chance to watch NG and she is already irritating the HECK out of me.. now she is pointing the blame of the bone mix up to LE... shocked3 ARE YOU KIDDING me!!!!
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 am

Mommyof3kids writes "I actually am starting to warm up to this ol lady"-----

I am experiencing just the opposite reaction that you are. I liked her at first, but I am getting colder now. In her first interview, she says Misty could never hurt a child and loved Haleigh, but in this most recent interview, she says she was jealous of Ron's love for the child and states that as a motive for Misty having killed her. She seems to be like the rest of that family, each of them always betrays the others, and they often get each other into trouble with their comments about each other, and all of them are capable of lying when it suits their own needs, no matter who they hurt with their lies.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum