Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

+17
Heike
janie
NiteSpinR
Cory
pookiebear
laga
TerryRose
Turtle
charminglane
lisette
artgal16
raine1953
frogs
cherylz
Nama
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
21 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 2 Empty Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by frogs Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:59 pm

I can't believe that this saga may finally have come to an end. At least the finding Haleigh part. I just hope LE will have enough to charge AND convict someone for this heinous act. Yes, I am assuming that Haleigh is in Heaven. crying

frogs

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 2 Empty Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:10 pm

I have heard rumblings that Ron Cummings had hired a PI and the PI is the one who found or got the tip. Not sure if this is correct. I imagine there are many rumors swirling right now.

Frogs, I agree with you. We all have become complacent that this case will never come to an end. It's way past time!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:11 pm

y Wrapitup Today at 1:54 pm

frogs wrote:
Thanks, Mommyof3, but Satsuma wasn't a choice!

LMAO, Satsuma is IN Putnum County. But, we all know that, right? Geez, with all that is going on, I don't blame anyone for getting confused!!

OMG, did I actually say that! frying pan I am such a tard.. I meant Putnam County!! wow! LMBO! I need more Coffee today!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:14 pm

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/Photo.aspx?content_id=508ed8ee-f74a-47df-a28d-f3235ee9ce7c&i=3

slideshow
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:24 pm

The lake was the natural place for her body to be, if in fact they find her there. Its probably a big job but that was the place they should have concentrated on. I wonder, do they send down divers? After one year
there will be just little bones left.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Wrap, I am w/ you. When those dogs hit on that dumpster...it was evident. A dead body had been there, and nobody else was missing.
I am concerned about alligators?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:32 pm

They must be pretty sure that this is the location of Haleigh...why else would they be gathering the family together?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:33 pm

I had a weird feeling about today.
Something really good was going to happen re: one of the missing or murdered.
I thought it would be regarding Leah.
Now I am so heartbroken.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Haleigh Cummings' Family Arrives at Putnam Jail; Search Continues Near Satsuma

Dave Wax Created: 4/13/2010 10:35:28 AM Updated: 4/13/2010 3:27:11 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- The search for Haleigh Cummings has new life today as officials converged on the St. Johns River and family members of the missing little girl reported to the sheriff's office.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said this morning that authorities are acting on a tip, but kept details of the search close to the vest.

The search is focused along the St. Johns River between Welaka and Satsuma near County Road 309.

A short time ago, Haleigh's family arrived at the Putnam County jail, where Sheriff Jeff Hardy said officials are conducting interviews with the family in addition to searching.

Asked if she had closure, Haleigh's grandmother Teresa Neves, Ronald Cummings' mother, replied, "No, that's all I can say."

According to a friend of the family, Lisa Finnley, the relatives were meeting with the sheriff. She described the atmosphere as tense, saying some members of the family were in tears.

It is unclear if Misty Croslin, Haleigh's former stepmother, is with the other family members. She has been in St. Johns County jail on drug charges unrelated to the case, but is no longer there. However, the public information officer for St. Johns County Office confirmed that Croslin remains in custody.

Hardy declined to confirm or deny if Haleigh has been found.

The river area where police are now also was searched about a year ago.

Several law enforcement boats have been scouring the river near the boat ramp at the end of Shell Harbor Road, which is blocked off by deputies.

Deputies are also going door to door talking to neighbors along that road.

The nature of the tip, the type of search being conducted and the specific location are being withheld because of the sensitive nature of the investigation, said Putnam Lt. Johnny Greenwood.

There will be no statements issued unless warranted, he said.

Haleigh, 5, was last seen in her father Ronald's home in February 2009. Ronald's then-girlfriend Misty Croslin, now his ex-wife, said she put Haleigh to bed that night, and that was the last anyone saw of her.

After extensive interviews with many people involved in Haleigh's life, detectives have said Croslin knows more than she's saying, but is not a suspect.

see new pics here:

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=154683&catid=295

At least we know Misty is still in custody even though when I run her, she doesn't show. I wonder if they let her out to grill her hard.

I think this is very serious if they let Ron out of jail to meet with the family. Something is definitely up!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:37 pm

Wow Charming, I never thought about that after reading your post on Leah's thread, then posting this... you must be a psychic or something ;)
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:42 pm

cherylz wrote:Wrap, I am w/ you. When those dogs hit on that dumpster...it was evident. A dead body had been there, and nobody else was missing.
I am concerned about alligators?
I have thought from the beginning that whoever killed her dumped her body in the St. John's River, which is HUGE and is probably 30 feet or so from Ron's trailer. Some say gators don't feed in February. To that, I say b.s.!!!! I pray I am wrong and she is found alive, but I think we all know at this point that is a pipe dream.

And yes. I think before "they" decided what to do with her body (and I question whether she was actually dead as opposed to in a drug induced or a "Natasha Richardson" like coma) she was put in the dumpster. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:44 pm

JVM will have Levi Page on tonight discussing the latest on the Haleigh Cummings case.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Asked if she had closure, Haleigh's grandmother Teresa Neves, Ronald Cummings' mother, replied, "No, that's all I can say."

I am trying to dissect everything that is being said in these comments.. First a friend says the vibe is tense around the family and some are crying... Hardy can't confirm or Deny HL has been found... now Neves says she has NO closier... I am getting confused conflicts here!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 2 Empty Sheriff's Office To Hold News Conference In Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:49 pm

6-Year-Old Girl Went Missing From Satsuma Home In February 2009
POSTED: Tuesday, April 13, 2010
UPDATED: 3:45 pm EDT April 13, 2010

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The Putnam County Sheriff's Office is set to hold a news conference in the Haleigh Cummings investigation Tuesday afternoon.

Several of Haleigh's relatives were brought to the sheriff's office earlier Tuesday where they were inside for about an hour and a half.

Jail records showed that Misty Cummings, the last person to see the missing 6-year-old when she vanished from her Satsuma home in February 2009, is no longer being held in the St. Johns County Jail on drug trafficking charges, but it's unclear where she was being taken.

Deputies from four counties and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement were searching the St. Johns River south of Satsuma Tuesday, and authorities confirmed the search was connected to the Haleigh Cummings investigation.

Putnam County Sheriff's Office Lt. Johnny Greenwood said the search was prompted by one of over 5,000 leads received by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office since the then-5-year-old girl disappeared from her bed in her father's mobile home 14 months ago.

Video: New Search For Haleigh

The sheriff's office was not releasing the exact location of the search effort in an attempt to prevent congestion from onlookers. Channel 4's Tarik Minor said the search of an area less than 5 miles south of where Haleigh disappeared in February 2008 was prompted by a "credible tip."
"Although various resources are being utilized to conduct this search, it is just one of many operations conducted during this investigation," Greenwood said in a media release Tuesday morning. "Due to the sensitivity of this investigation, the name of the person providing the tip and the physical evidence alleged to be in this area, will not be released."

Minor called the search effort "massive," and included deputies from Putnam, Clay and Marion counties, as well as the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. He said cadaver dogs were also brought to the scene.

Since Haleigh lived not far from the river, boats and divers were used in the search for Haleigh in the first days after she disappeared. Last September, a Putnam County pond was drained and searched following a tip, but deputies said nothing of significance to the investigation was found.

Dive teams search the St. Johns River in connection with the Haleigh Cummings investigation.
Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, and former stepmother, Misty, remain in jail facing drug trafficking charges that authorities say are unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance.

Channel 4 was told that Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, was told about Tuesday's search so she would not learn about it through media reports.

Anyone with information on Haleigh's disappearance or whereabouts is asked to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0808 or Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23138878/detail.html
please click above for more!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:53 pm

When is the presser? I want to watch it but have to leave to take my oldest to the Dr. around 3!! I hope I don't miss this!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 2 Empty Keep an eye on the link below!!!!

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Live News.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html

I will post it as soon as the presser goes live.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Misty Croslin's Family Points Finger at Relative
Jackelyn Barnard Created: 3/4/2009 5:53:30 PM Updated: 3/4/2009 9:45:40 PM

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Twenty-three days into their investigation, law enforcement officers are still trying to find Haleigh Cummings.

The five-year-old was last seen when her father's girlfriend, Misty Croslin, says she put her to bed.

Investigators have not fingered a suspect, but today members of Croslin's family spoke out about the search.

Croslin's mom and dad, Lisa and Hank, spoke out about a 19-year-old cousin who lives in Tennessee. His name is Joe. We are not identifying his last name because police have not named him a suspect in the case. Like we don't know his last name? Give me a break! ~wrap~

Police confirm the FBI has talked to Joe. Croslin's father says he spoke to police about the teenager on Tuesday. "I was into the police station yesterday telling them everything. I hope I don't get in trouble for saying, but ya know. I don't know what else to do."

The First Coast News I-team has found Joe's myspace page. The last posting on his site is from February 22, 2009.

A friend by the name of Thomas told Joe, "Just go back down there and help find the lil girl it just might clear your name."

The Croslins say about two weeks before Haleigh disappeared, Joe and Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, had an issue over a gun. "He stole Ronald's gun. One morning, on the porch, said, Ronald will get what's coming to him. It was dropped, he left and Haleigh was gone," says Lisa Croslin.

Police confirm they are investigating the information about the stolen gun.

A week and a half ago, when police were asked if Joe was a suspect police said, "The one in Tennessee? No, he is not at all."

But then later, police changed their comment to no one has been ruled in or out as a suspect.

"The way I understand it, they're not ruling them out. I don't want to get in trouble for things I say, I don't know. The police is doing their jobs," says Hank Croslin.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=132845&provider=top
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Hank, Sr. must be the "tipster"...Wonder where he got the info about where to search?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Of course, they could say that it was Joe when it wasn't to cover for their precious Misty and Tommy...Who knows?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm not sure Hank, Sr. is the "tipster". Just keep an eye on

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Live Sheriff!!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:17 pm

SO no HL as of yet, and that they will discuss whether or not this is turning to a Homicide investigation at another time faint
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:19 pm

They are saying they havent found Haleigh - WHY drag the family down there then?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:20 pm

I bet they have evidence that leads them to believe she is in the exact location they are searching. I wonder if it's a piece of clothing and a tip from someone with the location?? IDK...
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:21 pm

artgal16 wrote:They are saying they havent found Haleigh - WHY drag the family down there then?
They could be lying. Maybe they found bones but have not id'd them yet.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:21 pm

According to Fields, Misty's Attorney, she led them to who was involved. Again, rumor.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:22 pm

True! But then again, they are still searching the water.. so who knows if they have found her YET.. My gut feels they know she is in that location though!!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:26 pm

by Wrapitup Today at 3:21 pm

According to Fields, Misty's Attorney, she led them to who was involved. Again, rumor.

If this is true, then how would this help her in any way with out getting herself in trouble? I mean, right now she is in jail for drug trafficking, but if she knew all along what happened to HL and can lead them to who did it... one would think she would be in even MORE trouble, not a plea in the Drug case, right? IDK...
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:46 pm

It's hard to say. Personally, I think that Misty ratted on Joe Overstreet, the Cousin..and then Tommy Croslin flunked his poly. Between the two, they got a tip.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:50 pm

Attorney: Misty Croslin may have provided break in Haleigh Cummings case

Another search being conducted in Putnam County for missing girl; sheriff says she hasn't been found
Posted: April 13, 2010 - 10:54am

By Dana Treen
A search is being conducted in Putnam County following a lead to detectives Monday night in the Haleigh Cummings disappearance, authorities said this morning.

The search is being conducted off County Road 309 and includes woods and water, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. He said authorities are not saying who provided the information or the nature of the evidence they are looking for.

Dozens of searchers, divers and several boats are being used. The location is around Shell Harbour about five miles south of where Haleigh vanished from her Satsuma home on Green Lane.

Greenwood said the area hadn't been searched before.

"Although various resources are being utilized to conduct this search, it is just one of many operations conducted during this investigation," a statement from the Sheriff's Office said.

A break may have come in the case from Misty Croslin, who was with Haleigh and the youngster's brother the evening before the kindergartner disappeared. Her attorney said Croslin, who is jailed on drug-trafficking charges, may have provided helpful information that led to other leads.

"This latest search was based on information from someone else," said attorney Robert Fields. He said Croslin may have "shed some light" on who was responsible.

"Somebody else has possibly been implicated in this," he said. "You need to look away from Misty."

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy wouldn't elaborate on the search other than to say Haleigh hadn't been found. The search will continue "as long as it takes," he said.

He said he spoke with members of Haleigh's family today but those conversations were private.

He also said Misty had been brought back for an interview.

The Putnam County girl was 5 years old when she disappeared in February 2009 from her home. Her father, Ronald Cummings, and then-girlfriend Croslin, who reported her missing, are both in jail on the drug charges.

The area being searched is a previously unsearched swath of river and woods. It is about a mile by boat and 5 miles by road from where Haleigh disappeared and "quite a bit south" of the home in Satsuma, Greenwood said.

Greenwood would not say what evidence searchers were looking for but that divers and other law enforcement officers were searching the St. Johns River and wooded areas on either side of the waterway at the end of Shell Harbour.

Carl Brown, who lives near the search area, said as many as 15 divers were in the water near the restaurant dock and river about 10 a.m. He said police dogs and officers from agencies including the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office canvassed neighbors.

Streets leading into the neighborhood were blocked and drivers were stopped by an officer at a checkpoint.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-13/story/authorities-conducting-haleigh-cummings-search
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Sheriff Meets With Haleigh's Family; Search Continues

UPDATED: 4:27 pm EDT April 13, 2010

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said Tuesday afternoon that he met with the family of Haleigh Cummings but asked that their conversations stay between him and the family.

Hardy said investigators still have not found Haleigh, the 6-year-old Satsuma girl who went missing 14 months ago.

"We're going to continue this investigation until we can bring it to a logical conclusion," Hardy said.

When asked if the investigation was moved from a missing persons case to a homicide investigation, Hardy said, "That is a decision that will be made later."

Several of Haleigh's relatives were brought to the sheriff's office earlier Tuesday where they were inside for about an hour and a half.

Jail records showed that Misty Cummings, the last person to see the then-5-year-old when she vanished from her home in February 2009, was no longer being held in the St. Johns County Jail on drug trafficking charges, and the sheriff said she was being brought back to Putnam County for an interview.

Deputies from four counties and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement started searching the St. Johns River south of Satsuma Tuesday morning, and authorities confirmed the search was connected to the Haleigh Cummings investigation.

Map: Haleigh searchPutnam County Sheriff's Office Lt. Johnny Greenwood said the search was prompted by one of over 5,000 leads received by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office since Haleigh disappeared from her bed in her father's mobile home.

The sheriff's office was not releasing the exact location of the search effort in an attempt to prevent congestion from onlookers. Channel 4's Tarik Minor said the search of an area less than 5 miles south of where Haleigh disappeared in February 2008 was prompted by a "credible tip."

"Although various resources are being utilized to conduct this search, it is just one of many operations conducted during this investigation," Greenwood said in a media release Tuesday morning. "Due to the sensitivity of this investigation, the name of the person providing the tip and the physical evidence alleged to be in this area, will not be released."

Minor called the search effort "massive," and included deputies from Putnam, Clay and Marion counties, as well as the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. He said cadaver dogs were also brought to the scene.

Haleigh River Search
Dive teams search the St. Johns River in connection with the Haleigh Cummings investigation.
Since Haleigh lived not far from the river, boats and divers were used in the search for Haleigh in the first days after she disappeared. Last September, a Putnam County pond was drained and searched following a tip, but deputies said nothing of significance to the investigation was found.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, and former stepmother, Misty, remain in jail facing drug trafficking charges that authorities say are unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance.

Channel 4 was told that Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, was told about Tuesday's search so she would not learn about it through media reports.

Anyone with information on Haleigh's disappearance or whereabouts is asked to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0808 or Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 2 Haleighlocation
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 2 Empty Suspect In Custody In Haleigh Investigation

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Suspect In Custody In Haleigh Investigation

Posted: 3:04 pm EDT April 13, 2010Updated: 4:47 pm EDT April 13, 2010

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Investigators were back out in Satsuma, Fla. looking for clues in the Haleigh Cummings investigation Tuesday. She's the 5-year-old girl who disappeared from her bed in her father's mobile home 14 months ago.

Sources told WFTV a suspect is in custody, but wouldn't provide any additional details.

Meanwhile, investigators would not give out the exact location of the search, to keep onlookers away. They would only say it's near previous searches for the girl.

"A search is currently being conducted as the result of one of the many leads received thus far in this case. The area being searched is in the Satsuma area of Putnam County. The exact location is not being released at this time in an attempt to prevent unnecessary congestion from onlookers. Although various resources are being utilized to conduct this search, it is just one of many operations conducted during this investigation. Due to the sensitivity of this investigation, the name of the person providing the tip and the physical evidence alleged to be in this area, will not be released," investigators wrote in a release issued Tuesday.

The girl's father, Ronald Cummings, and former stepmother, Misty, are in jail facing drug trafficking charges. Police said those charges are unrelated to the missing child.

http://www.wftv.com/news/23138607/detail.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:13 pm

News on the street is that Joe Overstreet's home in TN is surrounded with LE and FBI.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Investigators are releasing new information in the case of Haleigh Cummings.

The Putnam County Sheriff held a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Several of Haleigh's relatives were reportedly brought to the sheriff's office earlier Tuesday. They were informed of the latest in the search. Officials said they would not release what was discussed.

There are also reports that the last person to see Haleigh, Misty Cummings, is no longer being held in the St. Johns County Jail on drug trafficking charges. But it's not clear where she's been taken.

There are also reports that deputies from four counties and FDLE were searching the St. Johns River south of Satsuma Tuesday.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/13/relatives_interviewed_in_missing_haleigh_cummings_case.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:24 pm

I just have to wonder what was pulled out of the water by the Dive team? I was just watching the live News Channel 4 feed and they zoomed into that picture wrap posted above and it almost appears to be a white box, or maybe even a white blanket.. hmmm.. This is all to unreal! I never thought this day would come! I honestly thought this case would never be solved and that this poor baby would never be found! 🇳🇴
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Haleigh Update: Suspect May Be In Custody?
Doug Clifford/Simon Barrett/TJ Hart

Investigators were back out in Satsuma, Fla. looking for clues in the Haleigh Cummings investigation Tuesday. She's the 5-year-old girl who disappeared from her bed in her father's mobile home 14 months ago.
Sources told WFTV a suspect is in custody, but wouldn't provide any additional details.

News Talk 97.3 the Sky is efforting to get confirmation on this claim.

Jacksonville.com reports a break may have come in the case from Misty Croslin, who was with Haleigh and the youngster's brother the evening before the kindergartner disappeared. Her attorney said Croslin, who is jailed on drug-trafficking charges, may have provided helpful information that led to other leads."This latest search was based on information from someone else," said attorney Robert Fields. He said Croslin may have "shed some light" on who was responsible."Somebody else has possibly been implicated in this," he said. "You need to look away from Misty."

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy spoke to members of the press Tuesday afternoon regarding the search for missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings of Satsuma around a boat ramp not far from her home where she was last seen February 9, 2009.

According to Hardy, Haleigh or her remains have not been found, but insists "the search will go on as long as it takes."

Hardy stated that he had met with family members earlier on Tuesday, but declined to say what was discussed.

That search remains focused along the St. John's River between Welaka and Satsuma near County Road 309.

Several law enforcement boats have been scouring the river near the boat ramp at the end of Shell Harbor Road, which is blocked off by deputies.

This is an area that was searched about a year ago.

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6795569.php
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Latest, suspect in custody NOT Joe Overstreet.

per Levi Page Facebook.

He w/be on JVM tonight. If any of you don't know who he is, he does a show on Blogger News Network.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:32 pm

If Misty talked would they let her out of the drug charges? Or maybe reduce her sentence?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:33 pm

per Levi Page FB
what does this mean?
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:58 pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Levi-Page/109169690664

Levi Page
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:00 pm

As per Twitter-they pulled a box out of the water
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:09 pm

Haleigh Cummings Not Found; Search Continues Near Satsuma
Dave Wax Created: 4/13/2010 10:35:28 AM Updated: 4/13/2010 5:49:38 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Police have converged on the St. Johns River following a tip in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, but have not found anything yet.

"We have not found Haleigh," said Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy.

MORE FROM SHERIFF HARDY

The sheriff's office said this morning that authorities were acting on a tip, but kept details of the search close to the vest. The search is focused along the St. Johns River between Welaka and Satsuma near county Road 309.

Haleigh's family members left the Putnam County jail earlier this afternoon, where Hardy said officials had conducted interviews with the family for about two hours.

According to a friend of the family, Lisa Finnley, the atmosphere at the office had been tense, saying some members of the family were in tears.

PEOPLE INVOLVED WITH THE CASE

Asked if she had closure, Haleigh's grandmother Teresa Neves, Ronald Cummings' mother, replied, "No, that's all I can say" as she was leaving.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, who has been in jail on unrelated drug charges was among the family taken to the sheriff's office. He was returned to Putnam County jail in shackles afterwards.

Misty Croslin, Haleigh's former stepmother, has been in St. Johns County jail on drug charges unrelated to the case. Today, she was taken out of the jail but remained in police custody. according to a public information officer for St. Johns County Office confirmed that Croslin remains in custody.

She has since returned to the St. Johns County jail.

Several law enforcement boats have been scouring the river near the boat ramp at the end of Shell Harbor Road, which is blocked off by deputies. The river area where police are now was searched about a year ago.

Deputies are also going door-to-door talking to neighbors along that road.

The nature of the tip, the type of search being conducted and the specific location are being withheld because of the sensitive nature of the investigation, said Putnam Lt. Johnny Greenwood.

There will be no statements issued unless warranted, he said.

Haleigh, 5, was last seen in her father Ronald's home in February 2009. Ronald's then-girlfriend Misty Croslin, now his ex-wife, said she put Haleigh to bed that night, and that was the last anyone saw of her.

Since the disappearance, there have been extensive interviews, but no arrests; detectives have said Croslin knows more than she's saying, but is not a suspect.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=154683&provider=top

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtle Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:11 pm

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/23136873/detail.html

Apparently they have removed a large box.
Turtle
Turtle

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:21 pm

charminglane wrote:As per Twitter-they pulled a box out of the water
And as per Twitter, Joe Overstreet NOT arrested on Levi Page's Twitter, NOT Facebook!

p.s. Mommy, for someone who doesn't know what "FB " stands for, you sure are on it a lot. :lol!: peace ROFLMAO :smnanatongue: Couple Hugging :woot:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Sheriff Meets With Haleigh's Family; Search Continues

UPDATED: 6:06 pm EDT April 13, 2010

SATSUMA, Fla. -- Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said Tuesday afternoon that he met with the family of Haleigh Cummings but asked that their conversations stay between him and the family.

Hardy said investigators still have not found Haleigh, the 6-year-old Satsuma girl who went missing 14 months ago.

"We're going to continue this investigation until we can bring it to a logical conclusion," Hardy said.
When asked if the investigation was moved from a missing persons case to a homicide investigation, Hardy said, "That is a decision that will be made later."
Several of Haleigh's relatives were brought to the sheriff's office earlier Tuesday where they were inside for about an hour and a half. The sheriff's office said in a news release that the purpose of the meeting was to inform the family of the search and updated them on the status of the investigation.

Jail records showed that Misty Cummings, the last person to see the then-5-year-old when she vanished from her home in February 2009, was removed from the St. Johns County Jail for a short time Tuesday. The sheriff said she was being brought back to Putnam County for an interview.
By 5:30 p.m., Cummings was back in the St. Johns County Jail, where she's being held on drug trafficking charges.

Video: New Search For Haleigh
Uncut Video: Searching The St. Johns River

Deputies from four counties and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement started searching the St. Johns River south of Satsuma Tuesday morning, and authorities confirmed the search was connected to the Haleigh Cummings investigation.

Putnam County Sheriff's Office Lt. Johnny Greenwood said the search was prompted by one of over 5,000 leads received by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office since Haleigh disappeared from her bed in her father's mobile home.

An aerial photo appears to show divers removing a large box from the river. Putnam County authorities would not confirm whether Tuesday's search turned up any physical evidence.

Anyone with information on Haleigh's disappearance or whereabouts is asked to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0808 or Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS.

click here to see uncut video searching the St. John's River and more:

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:34 pm

Please keep clicking this link throughout the day and night. This is Live streaming!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Cardiac arrest at the Putnam County Sherriffs office per scanner.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:56 pm

No one reference the Haleigh case involved in the cardiac arrest.

Sorry if that doesn't sound PC.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Tip leads to new search for Haleigh Cummings

Updated: Tuesday, 13 Apr 2010, 6:39 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 13 Apr 2010, 5:55 PM EDT

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Search crews are out looking for Haleigh Cummings after a tip was received on Tuesday morning. Authorities said they were searching for evidence in her disappearance which could be located along the St. Johns River.

Cummings has been missing for more than a year. Tuesday's search is in an area of CR 309 and Shell Harbor Road in Satsuma, Florida.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said that authorities are acting on a tip, but would not elaborate.

FOX 35 has learned that some of Haleigh's family members were contacted by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff Jeff Hardy said that officials are conducting interviews with the family in addition to the search.

"The conversations we had were between me and the family," said Hardy, who told the Associated Press that Haleigh has not been found.

Haleigh's father and mother -- Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield -- her grandparents and her great-grandmother, Teresa Neves, were among those called to the jail.

Misty Croslin, Haleigh's former stepmother, was in St. Johns County Jail on drug charges unrelated to the case; however, she was released on Tuesday.

The area where police are now searching was combed about a year ago. Several law enforcement boats traveled along the river bank near a boat ramp at the end of Shell Harbor Road. Deputies are also going door-to-door, talking to people in the area.

Haleigh Cummings was last seen in her father's home in February 2009. Croslin, the 17-year-old live-in girlfriend, was babysitting at the time. She told investigators she woke up at 3 a.m. Feb. 10 to find the girl gone and a back door propped open with a brick.

The sheriff's office has questioned Croslin's credibility, saying investigators don't believe Haleigh was abducted by a stranger. Authorities said Croslin failed to provide a detailed account of the late evening and early morning hours and called the account of her evening activities "sketchy."

During a quick news conference Tuesday, Hardy would not say whether he has switched from a missing persons case to a homicide investigation.

"That is a decision that will be made later," said Hardy, who also said Putnam investigators were questioning Croslin again Tuesday. She and Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, remain in custody after they were arrested in January in a drug sting. Both have pleaded not guilty.

Investigators followed thousands of leads and searched the heavily wooded community on foot, with doors and by air via plane and helicopter. They also contacted all the sexual predators living in the area to eliminate them as suspects and searched the nearby St. Johns River by boat.

Ronald Cummings and Croslin married about a month after Haleigh disappeared and then appeared on NBC's "Today" show while on their honeymoon. They are no longer together.

FOX 35's Kelly Joyce contributed to this report.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/cummings_case/041310-Tip-leads-to-new-search-in-Cummings-case
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Wow, has Ron put on weight!

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx#/News/Family+Gathers+at+Palatka+Jail/50619441001/50624658001/77863861001
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 pm

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23141364/index.html

Interview w/Sheriff Jeff Hardy and more.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next