6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:35 pm

IDK, Terry Rose. I find Ron's side of the family to be extreme enablers. Gee, I wish I had had someone to do my kids laundry when they were little.

And Syke's own granddaughter is in the clinker also. Have you heard her jail calls? SO disrespectful. And Sykes, daughter, Teresa..says Ron went along with selling drugs to get the truth out of Misty. Talk about denial.

In reality, both sides of that family are pretty messed up.

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by raine1953 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:15 pm

I've just got to weigh in here after seeing the G'mas on NG last night.
I think G'ma Holler just loves the attention she's getting and especially now she gets to be on TV. That family sure doesn't give a second thought about turning on each other - so glad that isn't my G'ma!
It really makes sense to me that she wants that reward money and it looks like she's willing to do just about anything to get it. Did you all catch it last night where she said she keeps leaving phone messages for PCSO but they're not calling her back? Geez, I wonder why!
I really think poor little Haleigh either was given a pill(s) so that Misty would be able to sleep that night or the poor girl got into some on her own and od'ed. I think Misty got scared and called her brother to come help her when she realized it and this whole mess began. I kind of think cousin Joe either was in the wrong place at the wrong time or maybe helped in getting rid of the body (it kills me to even type that about Haleigh!) because they were all scared to death of Ron (rightfully so). I don't think Ron's involved with what happened to Haleigh except for the fact he allowed Misty to babysit. Don't get me wrong, I think Ron needs to go back under the rock he came from....
As far as G'ma Sykes goes, all I know is she seems to have her teeth and a much better command of the English language!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:19 pm

VERY Well said Rain! you rock
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:32 pm

raine I agree with your thoughts on this. I hope your right and that HaLeigh was dead asleep when she was thrown in to that river. Yes I do believe that part that she was thrown in that nasty river.
angry

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:50 pm

lindamarie wrote:raine I agree with your thoughts on this. I hope your right and that HaLeigh was dead asleep when she was thrown in to that river. Yes I do believe that part that she was thrown in that nasty river.
angry

Unfortunately so do I Lindamarie..... the river just makes sense to me because there's been no trace of her.
When LE is finally able to bring charges against the person(s) responsible, I hope they never again see the light of day and that includes anyone who are deemed to be accessories after the fact.
This whole thing just makes me sick, the people who seem to be getting off on the hidious gossip and this includes Nancy Grace, who as far as I'm concerned is making money off this little girl's probable murder and the fabrication that she is responsible for.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:59 pm

NG is getting some bad press herself lately. Not just with this case. I watched last nights show because I knew G'ma Sykes was going to be on there. I can relate to her wanting the kids to look nice. No one is perfect and her worse trait is loving and taking care of her family that is not so bad. She raised her Grandkids and her Great Grandkids. I can't fault her for enabling as I have been guilty of the same thing. That Croslin clan is a whole other story.
faint

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:10 pm

She raised her Grandkids and her Great Grandkids. I can't fault her for enabling as I have been guilty of the same thing. That Croslin clan is a whole other story.
She did? She raised Ron and Crystal Cummings and Hope Sykes? She raised Haleigh and Jr. and Crystal Cummings kids? Where did you read that?

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:12 pm

raine1953. I also agree with you at this point - especially about poor Haleigh being thrown in the St. John's River. I have thought that from day one. I still think that at one point, Haleigh was in the infamous dumpster that 3 dogs hit on.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Wrap, I think the dumpster was the place she was put until it was decided where she would end up.
Ron lived with G'ma Sykes during his youth/teen years and I believe that when he and Crystal got together, they both lived with her.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:25 pm

I never knew that. Where did you read it? I wonder why Teresa Neves didn't raise her children. I would love a link.

Yes, definitely agree w/you on the dumpster!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:54 pm

yes, Wrap, they aren't totally citizens of the year. It does seem as though Gr Sykes has been there for her family throughout their lives helping out, though. I will never figure out how people can stand by and watch people they love go the wrong way, even when they are living under the person's roof. I guess I have to admit, though, when kids get older, a Mom, Grandma, or Gr-Grandma cannot control what they do or how they live their lives.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Normal Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of the two children beginning when Ronald was 3

Post by Nama on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:45 pm

by Wrapitup Today at 8:25 pm I never knew that. Where did you read it? I wonder why Teresa Neves didn't raise her children. I would love a link.
Here you go, Wrap. I posted this article on VH once before.....don't remember where.

Ronald Cummings was already a volatile man with a drug-related past when he met Misty Croslin, a defiant, barely educated teenager who moved in nearby.

Before they came to define the troubling story of Cummings' 5-year-old daughter, the pair now jailed on trafficking charges lived in a world surrounded by drugs and marked by mistrust, family and others recalled in interviews.

Haleigh disappeared from southern Putnam County a year ago Wednesday.

In the years leading up to that night, Cummings, now 26, had fathered three children and been arrested on drug charges but escaped prosecution. Croslin was a Michigan transplant who quit going to school in the sixth grade and ran off to New Jersey at 15.

Now Cummings and Croslin are awaiting arraignment on the drug charges after undercover investigators orchestrated a series of narcotics buys in December and January that also netted a friend of Croslin's, one of her brothers and a cousin of Cummings.

The arrests end nearly a year that was both sad because of Haleigh and tawdry in the lives it exposed to a national audience.

Ronald

Cummings and his 17-year-old girlfriend had been together for a short time when Haleigh disappeared. They'd met months earlier in their Satsuma neighborhood and seen each other at the school bus stop at the end of Tyler Street where Haleigh was dropped off with Croslin's nephew.

They had also talked when Croslin baby-sat Cummings' youngest son, who lived with a former girlfriend. Croslin warned Cummings he needed to gain custody of the baby because she said the child's mother was a drug abuser who would sometimes disappear and abandon the boy with whoever had him.

Soon Croslin was baby-sitting for Haleigh and Cummings' 3-year-old son, Ronald Jr.

The two became a couple but the relationship was rocky on the Monday night that Haleigh went missing. Croslin spent the weekend partying, although she was home by the time Cummings went to work Monday evening. But Cummings was angry and repeatedly called her brother that night, demanding to know where she was when he couldn't get her on the phone.

Anger and a sense of remoteness had marked Cummings for years, said his grandmother Annette Sykes, who reared him and his sister until Sykes' husband became debilitated by Alzheimer's. Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of the two children beginning when Ronald was 3. He moved out as his grandfather became increasingly ill and was back with his mother, Teresa Neves, in Sumter County by the time he was a young teenager.

After Cummings graduated from high school in Leesburg, he and his girlfriend moved back to Putnam County. They went to his grandparents in Welaka, where his girlfriend became pregnant, but Cummings had changed, his grandmother said.

"He just had a dirty mouth," she said. "He was very disrespectful."

She attributed his ill manners to a bad crowd but found that as her husband - the man Cummings called "Daddy" - worsened and died, her grandson changed, too.

"He doesn't really want anybody to be close to him, I don't think," she said.

Cummings never saw much of his birth father, who lives in Putnam County, she said.

"Everything Kirby did at home, Ronald was right with him," Sykes said. "Every step Kirby took."

Cummings was never the same after his death in January 2002, she said.

From jail, Cummings said his grandfather had been a guiding force in his life.

"He taught me the basics, you know, be good to your women and your children," he said. "Work."

He said he learned right from wrong from his grandfather, and the importance of respect.

"I'm sure he wouldn't be happy I'm in here, that's for sure," he said.

His most serious arrests started after high school.

In October 2001 he was arrested after a Crescent City man said he was threatened at a stoplight and told he would be killed.

He was charged with drug possession in 2002 and 2004, both times after drugs were found with him in cars.

Charges were never prosecuted, according to court records.

Crystal

In Leesburg, Cummings had lived with his mother and Crystal Sheffield, a 14-year-old who came from Putnam County where she met the year-older Cummings.

Sheffield, who would be the mother of Haleigh and Ronald Jr., left school in the ninth grade to be home-schooled but never went any further.

Her mother, Marie Griffis, said her daughter was supposed to visit Cummings in Leesburg for a weekend but never came home. Mother and daughter were not often in touch for the next two years, and Griffis said she sometimes did not know where Sheffield was.

"When Crystal was with him, she didn't have much contact with me," Griffis said. "She never called me. When I called her, she didn't return my calls."

Sheffield, who now lives in Baker County on property beside her mother and stepfather, said drugs including pot and cocaine were part of the lifestyle she and Cummings shared while they were together.

She said Cummings only worked some and the two lived with his mother until they moved in with Sykes in Putnam before Haleigh was born.

"He just didn't like my family," Sheffield said. "He just kind of kept me away."

Sheffield became pregnant with Haleigh at 17. She and Cummings never married but lived with Sykes until their son was born 18 months after Haleigh.

Life with Cummings was difficult, Sheffield said. He was controlling and could be erratic, sometimes with guns.

"I've watched him put a gun in his mouth in front of me and Haleigh," she said.

After separating in 2005, Cummings was given custody of Haleigh and Ronald Jr. because he had a job with health insurance.

Misty

Cummings and the two children were living together when he met Croslin in 2008.

Sykes' first impression of the petite teen came from the children.

"The kids adored her and she seemed to adore them back," Sykes said. "I mean they'd cry to go back to her."

Sykes said she saw another side of her grandson's girlfriend in the months after Haleigh vanished, when Cummings, Croslin and Ronald Jr. moved in with her.

"You can't threaten her or do anything to her emotionally or mentally that will affect her," Sykes said. "She doesn't have the ability."

Sykes said even repeated interrogations by investigators had little impact.

"When the sheriff's department was threatening her and doing all their doings and stuff, it didn't faze her," she said.

Sykes said Croslin's childhood may have dulled her emotionally.

"She basically was here, there and yonder," Sykes said. "I don't reckon she knew from one day to the next where she was going to be."

Croslin was born in Michigan, but the family of five moved to where her father, Hank Croslin Sr., could find drywall work, her parents said. They spent time in Tennessee, her mother's home state, and Colorado before moving to Florida.

When their daughter was in the sixth grade, they were living in Flagler County.

"I'd send her to the bus stop," her mother, Lisa Croslin, said. "She'd never get on the bus. If it was a day she wanted to go, she'd go. If it was a day she didn't want to go, she would hide."

"She can't read," her father said. "She was behind in class just like all of us."

Reading disabilities run in the family, he said.

"I can't read at all," he said.

At about 15, Misty bought a bus ticket under a false name and moved to New Jersey with a boyfriend. After several months and with the help of a social worker, she was found and brought home.

About that time, the Croslins moved to Putnam.

Her father said she began hanging out with Kristina "Nay Nay" Prevatt and Amber Brooks, who is the mother of Cummings' other son.

Both Prevatt and Brooks have drug arrest histories. The weekend before Haleigh disappeared, Misty was with Prevatt.

"That's where all the trouble started, hanging around Nay Nay and Amber," her father said.

He said he couldn't convince her to distance herself from the new crowd. Misty was more trouble than the Croslins' two sons, he said.

"She was the wildest one," he said. "She was."

On Feb. 9, the night after Croslin returned to Cummings' mobile home from the weekend of partying, Sykes dropped by. She said she was upset that Croslin had gone off and left her grandson without anyone to watch over the two kids.

"I was mad because Ronald let her come back," she said. "But it's his house. There wasn't nothing I could do about it other than be mad."

By the next morning, Haleigh was gone.

dana.treen@jacksonville.com, (904) 359-4091

<< Annette Sykes Cummings' grandmother, she and his grandfather were guardians of Ronald for nine years.

>> Teresa Neves Cummings' mother, she lived in Sumter County where her son and his girlfriend Crystal Sheffield stayed with her through his high school years.

<< Crystal Sheffield Haleigh's mother, she never married Cummings but now lives in Baker County and has custody of their son.

>> Marie Griffis Sheffield's mother, she said she had little contact with her daughter who was 14 when she went to live with Cummings in Leesburg.

<< Hank Croslin Sr. Misty's father, he said his daughter was the most unruly of his three children.

>> Hank Croslin Jr. Misty's brother, he was arrested in the same undercover drug operation as Cummings and his sister.

<< Lisa Croslin Misty's mother, she said her daughter refused to go to school around the sixth grade.

MARKING A YEAR Events recognizing the one-year mark of Haleigh Cummings' disappearance have taken place or are planned for this week. Saturday, a Hope for Haleigh Prayer Vigil was held at Celebration Park in Glen St. Mary. On Wednesday, a candlelight vigil is planned for Satsuma at Tyler and Monroe streets near where she vanished. Those interested in information about the vigil can contact the Justice Coalition in Jacksonville at (904) 783-6312.~~~The cast Ronald Cummings: Father of missing Haleigh, he is currently jailed on drug-trafficking charges. Misty Croslin: Croslin was living with Cummings when Haleigh disappeared and is jailed on drug-trafficking charges. Annette Sykes: Cummings' grandmother, she and his grandfather were guardians of Ronald for nine years. Teresa Neves: Cummings' mother, she lived in Sumter County where her son and his girlfriend Crystal Sheffield stayed with her through his high school years. Crystal Sheffield: Haleigh's mother, she never married Cummings but now lives in Baker County and has custody of their son. Marie Griffis: Sheffield's mother, she said she had little contact with her daughter who was 14 when she went to live with Cummings in Leesburg. Hank Croslin Sr.: Misty's father, he said his daughter was the most unruly of his three children. Lisa Croslin: Misty's mother, she said her daughter refused to go to school around the sixth grade. Hank Croslin Jr.: Misty's brother, he was arrested in the same undercover drug operation as Cummings and his sister.~~~~~~

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-02-07/story/a_year_since_haleigh_vanished_ronald_and_misty_lost_their_way_long_ago_1

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:49 am

Is pity the same as feeling sorry for someone? I pity all of them so I hope not. I will have to look up the definitions to know if I am using the wrong word in how I feel about the cast of characters. Thanks for the above article BJ. I knew I read some where that G'ma Sykes raised all those kids. For the most part. Wrap I have never read any where why Teresa did not raise her kids when they were little. I know she got them back when Ronald was in high school and it sounds like that is when he lost control of himself. As a Grandparent involved in raising my little Katie it is a fine line we walk. Enabling/helping. I don't know about other grandparents and why they step in to raise their Grandkids but I can tell you in my situation it is all for Katie and no one else. What is best for her is all that really matters to me. I take some grief about enabling from people but I let it roll off my shoulders because I know I am doing the right thing for Katie.

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:00 am

Lindamarie, you understand Gr. Sykes' situation more than most would. Thanks for giving your insight.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:35 am

Wow that was an interesting read. I think if Ron had stayed with grandma with no interference he would have turned out ok. It is that darn back and forth that seems to ruin children.

They just don't know where they belong.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks for the article, BJ. I know when Ron went to court to get custody, he said he was living with his Mother, NOT grandmother. I had no clue Sykes basically raised them. I would love to know why Mother Teresa didn't raise her kids..yet, she cries like a baby when on camera. Maybe she feels guilty?

As far as Misty and that clan..her father said it all. No one in the family can read.

And, I know Marie Griffis was selling massive amounts of pot back when Crystal Sheffield was a teen and Crystal's father was fighting pit bulls.

Bottom line. Sykes ended up doing a poor job, although I am sure she gave it her best shot, the Croslin's..well, they are lost causes - and Marie Griffis made a huge mistake by allowing her 14 year old daughter to hook up with the likes of Ron Cummings.

So, yes..Haleigh never had a prayer going her way. It will be interesting to see how Jr. turns out. I will say I am happy Crystal now has custody of him. I feel that she has grown up more than any of that bunch.

And, Linda Marie, you are doing what came natural to you. It looks like at the time, it needed to be done and I do give you huge props for being there for little Katie. Hopefully, with the birth of Cyra..things will now calm down and you can actually enjoy being an adult and do some things for yourself. You deserve it massively!!! :heart:

p.s. I think you are talking about empathy instead of pity.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:04 pm

Lindsey and Chelsea Croslin Missing Links in Haleigh Cummings' Case?

As the Haleigh Cummings homicide investigation appears to be nearing completion, Hank "Tommy" Croslin, Jr.'s wife Lindsey has stepped into the spotlight. Tommy Croslin is the brother of Misty Croslin Cummings who was babysitting Haleigh the night she disappeared. Tommy led police last week to the Shell Harbour Boat Ramp on the St. John's river. Information from Tommy Croslin apparently caused police to recast the search for Haleigh as a homicide investigation.

On the Levi Page show on Blogtalkradio Sunday, bounty hunter Leonard Padilla discussed Lindsey's apparent dismay that Tommy Croslin took a polygraph while she was out of town visiting brother-in-law and sister-in-law Timmy and Chelsea Croslin in Massachusetts. She's acting the part of the betrayed wife, but does the betrayal go deeper than Tommy's keeping criminal knowledge from Lindsey?

Chelsea Croslin, like Lindsey, also appears to have acquired specific knowledge as to key events surrounding Haleigh Cummings' presumed death. While news to police and a captivated public, the location on the St. John's river where Tommy may have indicated Haleigh's body was disposed- site of an extensive search last week- apparently was not news to Tommy's sister-in-law Chelsea Croslin. According to Padilla, Chelsea suggested March 14 that the same area be searched and even helpfully drew him a map! And Chelsea now claims she had been suggesting that same search location to police ever since Haleigh disappeared. Her reason for suggesting a search of that area allegedly related to its familiarity to Croslin family scapegoat Joe Overstreet. But two months ago, another motive sufaced. Chelsea allegedly received a heretofore secret letter from Misty Croslin Cummings identifying the site as the place cousin Joe dumped Haleigh's body.

So all along Chelsea was pointing to what is now believed to be the location of Haleigh Cummings' body. And what of her sister-in-law Lindsey?

It seems obvious that Lindsey has known something all along about what really happened the night Haleigh Cummings disappeared, but how much she knew or whether she was involved remains to be seen. Lindsey was at Ronald Cummings trailer with her children playing and having dinner in the hours before Haleigh Cummings vanished. Two other people reportedly came to the trailer subsequent to Lindsey's departure: her husband Tommy and Ronald Cummings' grandmother Annette Sykes.

Lindsey apparently attended a nighttime class, but her claim as to what happened afterwards is undercut by Tommy's admissions. Lindsey claims to have returned from class and had dinner with Tommy, then gone to bed sometime about 10 to 10:15 with Tommy home all the while. That time frame is critical because about 9:45 pm is the time Tommy suddenly admitted last September that he went to the Cummings house on the night Haleigh disappeared At the time, he said he went to the trailer at the urging of Ronald Cummings who was unable to reach Misty by phone. Tommy Croslin said in September that there was no sign of anyone being home at the trailer. Now, it seems from Tommy was there not merely to check on Misty but probably to deal in some way with the events surrounding Haleigh's death. Two possible scenarios emerge: Lindsey knew Tommy went to the Cummings' trailer and covered for him or Lindsey herself had more involvement than has been previously disclosed. Because Tommy and Lindsey Croslin lived down the street from Misty and Ronald Cummings, it is conceivable either that Lindsey returned to the Cummings trailer that night or that she knew Tommy did. By the time news hit the next morning that Haleigh Cummings was missing, Lindsey could hardly have ignored her husband's nighttime excursion.

If Lindsey Croslin didn't already know Tommy was involved in some way with the events surrounding Haleigh's disappearance, why didn't she come forward and contradict Tommy's September assertion that he was at the trailer during a time she'd previously said he spent with her?

It was Lindsey's van Tommy reportedly used to drive to the Cummings house the night Haleigh disappeared.

Did Lindsey or Chelsea Cummings play bigger roles in either the Haleigh Cummings disappearance or its cover-up than has been previously publicized? Have they had relevant information all along about what happened, who was involved, or where Haleigh's body was dumped? Time will tell but the evidence seems to be stacking up that way.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2909950/lindsey_and_chelsea_croslin_missing_pg2.html?cat=17

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:42 pm

Apparently, Flora Hollars was to be on the Levi Page show on Blog Talk Radio last night but instead, was taken to the hospital with a possible stroke. I have not been able to confirm this yet.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/04/26/shocking-twists-in-haleigh-cummings-case

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Just read on Levi Page's "Twitter" that it was Flora Hollar's daughter who was taken to the hospital, NOT Flora Hollars.

p.s. Wow, this proves how easy rumors can get started. head bang

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:59 pm

In a stunning twist of events, Tommy Croslin’s attorney spoke to Jane Velez-Mitchell and stated that his client knows who killed Haleigh Cummings. The information was revealed after several weeks of media interviews held by relatives of Misty Croslin. The blame has been placed at the feet of Misty Croslin’s Cousin, Joe Overstreet. You may watch the startling revelation during the interview in the video here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d24-Haleigh-Cummings-case-news-Misty-Croslins-family-lawyer-for-Tommy-Croslin-speak-to-media-part-3

Tommy Croslin’s attorney says Tommy knows who killed Haleigh Cummings

Haleigh Cummings has been missing since February 9, 2010. The facts surrounding the case have remained a mystery and no one has come forward with any evidence that has been made public to back up the claims made by Misty, Tommy, or Grandma Flo (Flora Hollars). Flo Hollars has appeared on the Nancy Grace and Jane Velez Mitchell shows multiple times and has revealed multiple stories regarding Haleigh’s disappearance and murder.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office have confirmed that they found possible evidence that is being tested for a connection to Haleigh Cummings. They denied that they have found Haleigh Cummings’ remains.,

Reports have surfaced stating investigators have found two cinder blocks and a yellow rope, believed to have been used in the murder of Haleigh Cummings.

These reports have not been verified by the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office.
http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=6279
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:07 pm

JVM Transcripts for Friday, 4/23/10:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Pretty serious claims there. Remember, Misty Croslin gave cops a totally different story, and police are not confirming any of these claims. It`s just one of Misty`s grandmother`s many theories.

But there is one thing Grandma Flo Hollars says she is sure of. Flo says she spoke to both her grandkids, Misty and Tommy Croslin, and she insists Misty says Tommy and their cousin, Joe, tied Haleigh to a brick and tossed her into the St. John`s River.

Tonight, we are delighted to have a very special one-on-one interview with the attorney for Misty`s brother, Tommy Croslin, who sits behind bars on drug charges. Was Tommy the one who finally cracked and led investigators to the specific boat dock along the St. John`s River? Cops launched an intense search for Haleigh`s remains at that very dock. How did Tommy know about this spot? Was Tommy in that trailer home the night little Haleigh was murdered? What, if anything, does Tommy Croslin know?

Straight out to my phenomenal panel, all experts in this bizarre mystery, but I want to begin with attorney James Werter, who is representing Tommy Croslin.

Jim, thank you so much for joining us. We have just heard some extreme allegations against your client from his own grandmother. We want to clear the air. We want to get your side of the story. What is your reaction about what Grandma Flo is saying?

JAMES WERTER, ATTORNEY FOR TOMMY CROSLIN: Well, that`s why I put my release out last week. It just -- all the rumors and speculation that are going around just totally annoyed me. And I put a press release out last week outlining how law enforcement came to the river on Monday night. That would have been April 12.

If you remember on HLN on the 26th of March, I informed you, well, maybe not you, but HLN that he would take a polygraph, and he did take a polygraph on April 8. I spoke with him on April 10 -- that was a Saturday morning. And on April 11, Lindsay called me, his wife, Tommy`s wife. So Monday morning, April 12, Steve Brown, the investigator, and myself sat down with Tommy. We discussed the results of the polygraph. And that evening...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What were the results? Did he fail or did he pass and what was he asked about?

WERTER: Well, I can`t really get into what he was asked about. I have a good working relationship with law enforcement, so that`s part of the investigation. So I have to refrain from that.

But because of the polygraph that night, Monday night, April 12, we were on the dock with Tommy and law enforcement. That would have been FDLE, Putnam County Sheriff`s Office, and those two agencies. We were there discussing the scene with Tommy.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The investigators searched a dock along the St. John`s River, drudging up two cinder blocks and reportedly some yellow rope. Now, does this dovetail with Grandma Flo`s story that Misty told her Tommy and Joe tied Haleigh with a rope with cinder blocks and threw her in the river?

Cops brought Misty to the dock. They reportedly also brought Tommy Croslin to the dock.

Jim, again, we want to get your side of the story. Your client had originally said, according to published reports, that he went to the trailer the night Haleigh disappeared at 10 p.m., knocked on the door, nobody was there, Misty wasn`t there and he left. Now we`re hearing possibly many other different stories. My question to you is why did police bring Tommy to the dock?

WERTER: Again, we`re getting into the facts, and I talked to your producers about this. Getting into the facts of that evening, which are in the hands of law enforcement. And it`s really hard for me to discuss that because I don`t want to jeopardize the investigation.

I will tell you that I feel comfortable with Tommy and representing Tommy. But the fact of the matter is I don`t know if they pulled anything out of the river because I can`t get a straight story from anybody on that. So all the things about bones or cinder blocks, things of that nature, I think it`s pure speculation at this time until an arrest is made.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let me just say this. I guess what we`re all wondering, and I understand you`re limited in what you can say, but I guess what we`re all wondering is, if he had nothing to do with it, how would he know what to point out down at the river? That`s what nobody seems to understand.

WERTER: It is a good point, and I`ll leave that to your speculation. You`re a brilliant woman.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I don`t know if I`m a brilliant woman. Thank you for that, but I think everybody is trying to solve this puzzle. It is a true mystery, and we can`t figure out what`s going on.

So we have these people who were talking, particularly Grandma Flo. Now let`s listen to this. Misty`s Grandmother Flo told Nancy Grace she thinks Haleigh was molested while Misty hid in the other room. But here on ISSUES, Flo said she thought Misty`s jealousy over Ron`s attention to his daughter could be the motive. So let`s break down all of Grandma Flo`s inconsistencies.

WERTER: You want to leave that to me? Well, the fact...

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: First thing that I was told was that Joe had killed her. I was told that Misty had knocked her in the head and killed her and that Joe and Tommy got rid of her.

Misty had been out on a drug binge for three days. Her and Ron had fought that day. And she told him she didn`t want to baby-sit. And he told her, "Yes, you are going to baby-sit." And he left the kids there with her, and she was still strung out.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you also think the conspiracy extends to Ron. You think it`s four people involved in the conspiracy?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am, I do.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So, Jim, as Tommy Croslin`s attorney, what do you think of all her stories and the inconsistencies in those stories?

WERTER: I would have to call her a defense attorney`s field day for cross-examination. She told so many different stories.

But I can tell you this. I had a discussion with Tommy twice, and when he called to get in touch with myself and Steve Brown, he did not talk to Flo Hollars about what happened that night. He simply told her to get a hold of Lindsay, to get a hold of me, that he wanted to talk to Steve and myself. So if you put her on the stand...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So are you saying that Tommy -- are you saying that - - she`s saying Tommy called her, and Tommy said Joe did it. Can you at least tell us whether your client is denying that?

WERTER: Oh, yes. Flat out, he is denying that. He did not discuss the case with Flo Hollars, and that was on Sunday night. Flo, from my understanding, got a hold of Lindsay, Tommy`s wife. Lindsay got a hold of me, and then we discussed everything on Monday morning.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you`re saying Grandma Flo is making up this entire story out of whole cloth, because you`re saying Tommy has said to you flat- out, "I did not tell Grandma Flo anything about who did what to Haleigh"?

WERTER: This is what Tommy told me.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, what about the fact that Grandma Flo says Misty called 15 minutes after Tommy? Everybody`s found that very odd that they should both be behind bars for such a long time and then, within 15 minutes of each other, get it into their heads to call Grandma Flo.

WERTER: That in itself tells you something about the quality of information that you`re getting. These people do not have communications between each other.

I think after the Anthony debacle with the letters going back and forth, I think the correctional facilities have tightened up on inter- prisoner communications. So you just have to look at content that this lady is putting out, and it`s just not consistent.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let me just say this. The reason why people are taking her seriously is that cops did go down to the river, and they did search for several days and spent huge amounts on divers. Why?

WERTER: Based on -- based on Tommy`s discussions with him, with the FDLE and Putnam County, on Monday night, April 11.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: In other words, Tommy knows something. But you`re saying he`s not responsible, but he knows what happened?

WERTER: Again, I will say -- well, I will go with that, yes. I am quite comfortable in you saying that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tommy knows what happened, but he`s not responsible.

WERTER: Correct.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Stay right there. That`s good information. We`re going to have so much more on this Haleigh Cummings mystery in just a moment. What was Tommy`s role in all of it? You just heard. His attorney says he knows something, but he is not responsible.

Plus, more bad news for Casey Anthony. First her prison inmates claim she killed her daughter. Now who else is saying the very same thing?

But first little Haleigh, still nowhere to be found, and neither is the truth. We are hunting for answers. What happened to this beautiful little child?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: I believe the one that Misty told me, that they tied her up in a rope and dropped her in the river. I just don`t know whether they raped her or not, but I sort of believe that they did. I just hope and pray that the child was already dead before she hit that water.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Your face is getting fat again. Yes.

TOMMY CROSLIN, MISTY`S BROTHER: I`m not strung out on the (EXPLETIVE DELETED) pills no more.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Today we are talking one-on-one with Tommy Croslin`s attorney, Jim Werter, who just told us here on ISSUES that Tommy knows what happened to little Haleigh but was not involved. But we can extrapolate he knows enough to have led police down to the riverbanks.

Our team of experts and panelists standing by, just itching to get in on this conversation.

Mike Brooks, HLN law enforcement analyst, what are your thoughts or questions?

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: Well, again, since we know that there was a phone call from Tommy to Flo Hollars, most likely it was tape recorded by the Putnam County sheriffs. Have you heard the content of that exact phone call yet?

WERTER: No, I haven`t. They`re kind of slow on releasing those kind of things.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mark Eiglarsh, your thoughts or questions for Jim?

MARK EIGLARSH, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Oh, gosh, I have so many, Jane. First of all, phenomenal interview. You didn`t let him off. And finally, he admitted that his client knows something but just isn`t guilty. All right, so we got that out of the way.

But I`ve never seen a defense lawyer, including myself, bring up a polygraph unless the flying colors, passing with flying colors comes next. He didn`t say whether he passed or failed it. Is it fair, then, to suggest that he failed it, and what was the relevant question asked before he failed?

BROOKS: He`s not going to answer.

WERTER: Oh, is it back to me?

EIGLARSH: Oh, it is.

WERTER: OK. Yes, OK. It`s not going to answer. And if you remember my interview, if you`ve seen my interview on Nancy`s show, polygraphs, it`s not always a fail or flunk thing. It`s an investigative tool. And it led us to that dock, so I would say that it worked.

EIGLARSH: Well, there was a relevant question asked, and it should have been a yes or no. And it either showed deception or not. What was the specific, relevant question asked that he failed?

WERTER: That`s going to be in the hands of law enforcement, as I said earlier in the show. I`m not going to interfere with their investigation. Tommy has been cooperative with law enforcement.

EIGLARSH: Bring us the truth.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Hold on. Going to bring out the old gavel. All right. I`m trying to get a timeline on this crazy case.

We know at 7:30 Great-Grandma Annette Sykes drops by the trailer, drops off some laundry. She says everything seems fine. We know that Misty had originally claimed she woke up at in the morning and Haleigh was gone. She claims she put her to sleep at 10 p.m.

So I mean, there`s this whole area of time there in the evening where something crazy, something untoward occurred.

Let me ask you this, Jim.

WERTER: Yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Was your client, Tommy, there at any time during the evening?

WERTER: Right now again, as I told your producers, until -- until there`s an arrest made, I really cannot talk about the actual crime itself. What I`m talking about now is the timeline on how they came to the dock. So -- I can`t answer.

BROOKS: What about the night -- what about the evening of, where Flora Hollars says it was Tommy and cousin Joe Overstreet that went to the trailer? Is he friends? Was he in Florida at the same time and with Joe Overstreet?

WERTER: Well, that`s a matter of fact. That`s open knowledge that Joe Overstreet has been -- I`m sorry, my earpiece popped out -- but that they were in Florida. Joe -- Joe lives in Tennessee, but he was down visiting. Tommy lives in Florida. He lives in the Satsuma area. That`s open knowledge. That`s no problem there.

BROOKS: Were they together at the trailer of Misty Croslin that evening?

WERTER: Again, what are you doing? You`re getting into the facts.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK.

EIGLARSH: Jane, I have another one.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes, but here`s the -- here`s the point. Grandma Flo, OK, says Misty pointed the finger at Tommy and Joe. You`re saying Tommy knows what happened, but he wasn`t involved. OK, but Grandma Flo also says that Tommy said Joe did it. Would you at least be willing to give us a yea or nay? In other words, did Tommy ever implicate Cousin Joe, or could there be somebody else involved?

WERTER: Well, I can`t answer the latter part of that question. What I did say was Tommy did not discuss this case with Flo Hollars.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to bring in Howard Samuels, founder and CEO of The Hills Treatment Center. There is so much drug aspect to this case. Misty was on a three-day drug binge, reportedly, leading up to this. Flo Hollars claims that her parents had drug problems.

Now we`re hearing claims that Flo is a liar and that she`s been on national television lying. What do you make of it as a person who deals with addicts?

HOWARD SAMUELS, FOUNDER/CEO, THE HILLS TREATMENT CENTER: Well, I`ve got to say, Jane, this crime makes me so sick to my stomach, so horrific. And once again, we find that drugs are in the middle of it. I mean, drugs push people to do such horrific things, and this is the tragedy here, OK? And, you know, this is why there is such a crisis in this country as far as murder, you know, abuse, rape. I mean, it`s just sick what drugs do.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And I think you`re right, because none of these scenarios would be believable, except for the fact that there`s been so much reporting about the drugs being all around the house, et cetera. So that makes you believe anything`s possible.

But everybody stay right where you are. We are putting this puzzle together. So many questions in the desperate search for little Haleigh. Everybody connected to this case seems to have a theory. Is anyone telling the truth?

Plus, an ISSUES exclusive. I`m going to go one-on-one with Lindsay Lohan`s dad. He claims his daughter is in deep trouble.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

T. CROSLIN: I hate (EXPLETIVE DELETED) having to be here myself. I`d do anything to get up out of this situation, but besides make up a story. I ain`t making up no damn story.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Another stunning new theory: did Haleigh accidentally overdose on drugs? Here`s Grandma again.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: I know one thing. Misty had been out on a drug binge for three days. Her and Ron had fought that day, and she told him she didn`t want to baby-sit. And he told her, "Yes, you are going to baby-sit." And he left the kids there with her, and she was still strung out.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And now Tommy`s wife, Chelsea, confirms there were always pills lying around Misty and Ron`s trailer home. It`s actually Timmy`s wife.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CHELSEA CROSLIN, MISTY`S SISTER-IN-LAW: I believe, you know, there`s many more things to it. What happened -- what happens if Haleigh overdosed? Because there were loose pills laying around in that house. and I don`t care what anybody says. I know for a fact there was.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, Jim. Misty and Tommy are both behind bars on drug conspiracy charges. Tommy has acknowledged that he was taking a lot of pills before he was arrested. What do you know, if anything, about the drug use going on in the home? And do you think this might be a plausible theory?

WERTER: There are so many theories going on. And again, it addresses the issues of the investigation. And I have a good relationship. Should I jeopardize that relationship or the investigation itself, I cannot disclose that kind of information. I just can`t do it. I want to see a successful end to this investigation.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Of course, but let me just ask you this. You know what Tommy -- in other words, Tommy says he knows the story, but he`s not involved. You know the story that Tommy`s told you. So you know what Tommy`s theory is or what Tommy`s story is.

WERTER: I know that theory.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Levi Page, host of "The Levi Page Show" on blog talk radio. Your question for Jim?

LEVI PAGE, HOST, "THE LEVI PAGE SHOW": Yes, I want to go back to the night that Haleigh vanished. I want to know, is it true that Tommy went to the trailer that night after Ronald couldn`t get a hold of Misty? He called her phone over 90 times, so then he called Tommy go over to the trailer. Is that true?

We also know that Tommy and Ron were going through a series of fights over the summer. We know that Ronald and Misty were seen by a neighbor putting a dead, decapitated rat in the mailbox of the Croslin family. Are those events related to the night Haleigh vanished?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Well, I think that, Jim, you`re probably going to say you can`t answer any of that, or can you?

WERTER: I can`t, and it`s a compound question.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Let me ask you this. Let me ask you this. How does Tommy feel about his grandmother throwing him under the bus?

WERTER: Well, you`ve got to think. I mean, this is your grandmother, and she`s coming out over the past week or so with so many types of bad theories, you know, how these terrible children did this, that. What kind of grandmother would do this?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What`s your thought on why a grandmother would do this?

WERTER: Well, this is a strange group of people, I have to admit. I`m a New Yorker like yourself, so I`m not quite used to this motive, what I call emotional I.Q. You`re familiar with E.Q.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes.

WERTER: And you can`t relate. You can`t -- you can speculate, but how accurate your speculation would be, that would be speculation. So this is -- this is a different group of people. You just can`t think that way.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It is, indeed, a curious clan. Thank you so much, Jim. Please come back soon. I really appreciate you being a good sport about all those questions.

WERTER: Not a problem.

Snipped from:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/23/ijvm.01.html

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:40 pm

So...we have G'ma H...throwing all 3 under the bus. We have Misty blaming Joe and Tommy. And, we have Tommy blaming somebody...but not himself. Suspect
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Its amazing how many people "know" what happened to Haleigh, Tommy, his lawyer, ex-FBI Steve Brown
just to name a few but no one talks!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:01 pm

cherylz wrote:So...we have G'ma H...throwing all 3 under the bus. We have Misty blaming Joe and Tommy. And, we have Tommy blaming somebody...but not himself. Suspect

Suspect I love this smiley and how perfect to use it with your statement cherylz. you rock
We will all know what happened eventually.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:13 pm

I think Jail time is just what this Satsuma bunch needed. Let them spend a bit more time behind bars and we shall see just how smart they really are.

That Misty is one stubborn little hillbilly girl.

By the way I can use "hillbilly" I am one. lol
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Normal Haleigh’s Great-Grandma Fights Back!

Post by Nama on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:48 am

The great-grandmother of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings, Annette Sykes, has had enough of Misty Croslin’s grandmother’s tales. She doesn’t really care what Flora Hollars has to say about her own grandkids, but she does not want her talking about her grandson, Haleigh’s father Ron Cummings.

Hollars has been talking for weeks about how her grandchildren, Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin and Joe Overstreet, were allegedly all involved in the disappearance of the little Florida girl. She has told the media five different theories about what happened to Haleigh and finally, she implicated the girl’s own father, Ronald Cummings. She claims that Ronald knows more than he is saying and she thinks he was involved to some extent.

Sykes blasted Hollers for her comments. Hollars also claimed that Misty Croslin was still coming down off of drugs when Cummings left his children with her and went to work. Sykes said that is completely false and that she was at the house that night and Croslin was not high. She went on to say that Misty Croslin even made the kids dinner. Sykes says her grandson would have never left his children with Croslin if he thought she was “strung out.”

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/26/haleigh-cummings-haleigh%E2%80%99s-great-grandma-fights-back/

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 04, 2010 9:41 pm

Well, it seems that the "media circus" at the St. John's River has died down... have we found out what exactly was found? Has anyone been charged with Haleigh's disappearance/murder? There are still so many unanswered questions... thinking

Back to top Go down

Normal Bone Found Not Related To Cummings Case

Post by Nama on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 pm

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office released a statement Monday to "clear up any misunderstandings," about a recent news report involving the Haleigh Cummings case.

A statement released by the Sheriff's Office said a Gainesville newspaper reported that a human bone was found during a recent search of the St. Johns River in the investigation into the Haleigh Cummings case.
The statement said a forensic anthropologist quickly determined that the bone did not belong to Haleigh.
The Sheriff's Office said discovering bones in the St. Johns River is not uncommon due to a large number of American Indians that once lived in the area.

http://www.wesh.com/news/23980948/detail.html

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:24 pm

I posted another article in the lounge. LOL. That's okay. Leave it. Bottom line, this is twice we have all gotten excited that HaLeigh had been found. IMO, she will never be found. crying

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum