James Mammone sentenced to DEATH in Canton Triple-Murder Case/ Prison System Makes Changes To Mammone's Appearance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal James Mammone sentenced to DEATH in Canton Triple-Murder Case/ Prison System Makes Changes To Mammone's Appearance

Post by TerryRose on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:40 pm

Look at the face of this confessed killer of his two little children and his mother-in-law, it's just shocking to view his expressions while appearing in court and being charged only a few days after their murders.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Upholds $15M Bond For Confessed Canton Killer
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: James Mammone sentenced to DEATH in Canton Triple-Murder Case/ Prison System Makes Changes To Mammone's Appearance

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:44 pm

I could barely stand to look at him.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: James Mammone sentenced to DEATH in Canton Triple-Murder Case/ Prison System Makes Changes To Mammone's Appearance

Post by Marica on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:57 am

So someone took the photo of this guy from your site. After doing a google search and finding his picture, I say let em keep it. Makes me wonder if this guy is someone's heart throb from the rival site.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:18 am

Heart throb?---lol Marica! The post I did in June was a tv station link, not just a pic that would have been in any way specifically ours on this site. I know of no other pics out there and the whole story has faded from the local news during this time. Since that time, there have been the most gruesome, heart-wrenching murders in this particular viewing area that I didn't even want to dwell upon long enough to post them here. There is so much evil in this world! Please pardon my rant, and thanks, Marica, for your info.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:40 am

yeah check out that bowl cut.

this guy is phsycho, i feel really sorry for his mother. shes lost her whole family
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Yes, it was pretty obvious how his Mother felt about him. I think if that had been my son, I would have been doing the retro-abortion.
And he would know... I brought you into this world and I am gonna take you out. Of course I would be the one behind bars, but I would feel like it was my responsibility to rid the world of what I had created. I am not a hunter because I couldn't kill an animal... but someone killing my grandkids I am sure I would loose it. It would be worse than someone on a mega dose of prednizone.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:31 am

Full text of James Mammone III's letter to The Repository

Mammone explains in a letter to a Canton Ohio news paper WHY he took the lives of his children and mother in law. It is a hard read as he tries to blow smoke of religious belief as his reason. In this letter, he holds his former wife responsible because: My wife was unwilling to act to protect her children even though she knew I believed death was a viable solution.
"Before starting our family, I made it abundantly clear to my wife that I would never accept our children growing up in a household where their biological parents were not both present, and lived as husband and wife. My wife agreed to my demands; she assured me we would be together forever — a claim that we swore to God we would uphold several years before when we spoke our Christian wedding vows."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz on Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:19 pm

oh wow! that letter was sickning!

but he did make good points about divorce, not saying it was right for him to kill his kids!
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica on Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:07 pm

A LOT of what he had to say made good sense.. And THAT is very scary to me. Using these reasons as way to excuse himself from the fact that he took the lives of his children is chilling. No doubt there will be an insanity plea.
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:17 pm

sigh....speechless really
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:38 am

Mammone was arraigned Wednesday in a Canton courthouse. The judge left bail at $15-million dollars and set pre-trial for June 15th.

The Prosecutor says that toxicology was not ordered on Mammone at the time of his arrest, suggesting that investigators were not looking for drugs/alcohol as possible contributing factors.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:40 am

Jan 07, 2010

Jury selection continued Wednesday in the aggravated murder trial of James Mammone III.

Stark County Common Pleas Judge John G. Haas, prosecutors and defense attorneys questioned a second group of 150 prospective jurors, dismissing more than 50 of them.

On Tuesday, more than 30 prospective jurors were dismissed from the first group of 150.

The court hopes to seat 12 jurors and six alternates Friday.

Mammone, 36, of Canton, is accused of killing his children, ages 3 and 5, and his former mother-in-law June 8.

He has pleaded not guilty to three counts of aggravated murder, two counts of aggravated burglary, three firearm specifications and single counts of violating a protection order and attempted arson.

Each aggravated murder count carries two specifications that would allow the jury to consider the death penalty if Mammone is convicted.

Other potential penalties include life without parole, life with parole eligibility after 30 years and life with parole eligibility after 25 years.

Testimony in the case is slated to begin Monday.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:57 am

I don't know how he can plead not guilty. I thought he confessed and gave the motive and I thought he was caught in the car with his dead children. I don't get this at all.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:45 pm

Probably he is pleading not guilty on the grounds that he was exercising his religious beliefs... not that it will fly, but that might be his defense.
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:45 am

Opening statements are under way in the death penalty trial of James Mammone, the man accused of murdering his two young children and former mother-in-law last June.

Mammone has pleaded not guilty to three charges, including aggravated murder.

He was arrested on June 8, 2009, after his former mother-in-law -- Margaret Eakin, 57 -- was found shot to death in the bedroom of her Canton home.

When Mammone was stopped, authorities found the bodies of his 5-year-old daughter Macy and his 3-year-old son James still strapped in their car seats in the rear of his vehicle. The Stark County Coroner's Office said that their throats had been cut.

In opening statements on Monday, prosecutors warned jurors that some of the evidence might be disturbing and graphic.

Jurors were told that Mammone's marriage to his wife Marcia became strained, and in 2007, she sought a divorce. In November of 2008, Marcia sought a restraining order. They were divorced in March of 2009.

Prosecutors say Mammone was allowed to see the children, but he had to pick them up at his former mother-in-law's house because he wasn't supposed to know where Marcia was staying.

He is accused of formulating a plan on June 7 that involves numerous text messages which prosecutors say eventually became more and more "ominous," so much that Marcia eventually called authorities to try and find Mammone because she was concerned for her children.

Prosecutors say Mammone, in his car, had several knives, a loaded handgun, an axe handle with numerous 10 penny spikes that he intended to use to kill the children and his former mother-in-law.

As the children were strapped in their car seats, prosecutors say Mammone drove an 8-inch knife blade into the throats of the children, saying he later admitted, "I stabbed them enough times that I knew it would be fatal."

Jurors were told Mammone later went to his former mother-in-law's house, where he shot Eakin once, and after she fell to the floor, he tried to shoot her again but his gun jammed. Prosecutors say he then started beating Eakin, then repaired his gun and fired it again 6-8 inches away from her face.

Prosecutors say that he then went back to his car, where the children were dying, "but he is not done yet." He drives to Marcia's house, pours gasoline over a truck that he believed belonged to a friend of Marcia's, and he tries unsuccessfully to ignite it.

Prosecutors allege he then broke into the home, intending at that time not to kill his former wife but to maim her. Jurors were told, however, that she was not alone.

"James is OK with killing young kids and defenseless women," jurors were told, but when he realized Marcia was not alone, he decided to leave.

Police later caught up with him outside of his Canton apartment.

Defense attorney Derek Lowry told the jurors that he would not be contesting much of the evidence or the facts during the trial, and in an extremely brief opening statement that lasted less than two minutes, asked jurors only to listen closely to the evidence and the instructions of the judge and not allow their emotions get the better of them.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal It is the first time Marcia Eakin has publicly discussed what happened and her life leading up to the murder of her children and mother June 8.

Post by Nama on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

County prosecutors wasted little time getting to the heart of the James Mammone III case, calling Mammone’s former wife as their first witness Monday morning.

It is the first time Marcia Eakin has publicly discussed what happened and her life leading up to the murder of her children and mother June 8.

She told jurors that she and James Mammone were married Dec. 5, 1998. They had two children, Macy and James IV. At some point, their marriage became rocky.

She said Mammone told her: “If you leave me, I will kill you and the children.”

Eakin said she secretly began divorce proceedings. In June 2008, Mammone discovered her plans and said to his children, “It was time for mommy to go to her grave,” Marcia said.

The divorce was finalized in March 2009, with Mammone getting regular visitation with the kids. During the divorce proceedings, Marcia and the kids lived with her parents, Margaret and Jim Eakin, on Poplar Street in Canton.

But she found a new place for her and her children, one that Mammone was not supposed to know about.

Mammone faces aggravated murder and other charges. He could get the death penalty if convicted.

Mammone's attorneys won’t contest much of the evidence or the facts presented by county prosecutors.

Defense attorney Derek Lowry asked the jury as the trial began Monday morning in Stark County Common Pleas Court to base its decision on the law and “not the emotions this case is sure to invoke.”

Assistant Stark County Prosecutor Dennis Barr outlined the events that culminated with Mammone killing his two children and former mother-in-law, Margaret J. Eakin.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:53 am

The defendant’s ex-wife, Marcia Eakin, testified for a little over an hour saying that Mammone texted her before the murders claiming he was high on drugs and was threatening to kill himself.
She went on to say that she had called 9-1-1 several times because Mammone later said he had killed her children.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:58 am

Defense attorney Derek Lowry asked the jury as the trial began Monday morning in Stark County Common Pleas Court to base its decision on the law and “not the emotions this case is sure to invoke.”

What is the jury to infer from these comments?
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:18 am

It sounds to me like the defense attorney is less than confident that his client is going to be found not guilty.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 am

Reminds me of Bozo and clan. I would bet they will spout some b.s. similar to that "not the emotions" statement. BS

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal defense attorneys seemed more interested in using cross-examination of his ex-wife to try to explain his motives.

Post by Nama on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:50 am

Without denying that James Mammone killed his 3- and 5-year-old children and his mother-in-law last June, defense attorneys for the Canton man seemed more interested in using cross-examination of his ex-wife to try to explain his motives.

Defense attorney Tammi Johnson asked her client's ex-wife, Marcia Eakin, whether she was aware when they married that Mammone was an "anti-divorce" person, someone who felt it was "unacceptable" to have children in a home without both parents being there.

The couple divorced in April 2009 after a separation during which Eakin got a restraining order against her ex-husband.

Eakin earlier testified that she "went along" with her ex-husband having a visitation schedule that allowed him to have the two children for overnight stays.

On June 7, 2009, while the children were with Mammone, Eakin says she started getting troubling text messages from her former husband, asking her to meet them.

She testified that Mammone eventually texted her that he had pain killers which he was storing "for this night I had hoped would never happen," adding, "I am ready to die."

Police found Mammone outside of his Canton apartment with the bodies of his two children strapped in seats in the back of his car, their throats slashed.

They also discovered the body of Eakin's mother inside her Canton home. Margaret Eakin, 57, had been shot and beaten to death.

In opening statements, defense attorney Derek Lowry told jurors he would not be contesting much of the evidence or the facts during the trial.

Mammone has entered not guilty pleas to charges that include aggravated murder. He faces the possibility of the death sentence if he is convicted.

The first witness called in the death penalty trial of James Mammone was his former wife, Marcia Eakin, 30 -- the woman prosecutors allege Mammone was attempting to hurt by killing their two young children and her mother last June.

Eakin wept on the witness stand when she was asked about their two children -- Macy, 5, who was born in 2004, and James, 3, who was born in 2006. She testified that she was seeking a master's degree while she was expecting her second child and Mammone was working long hours to support them.

Eakin testified that she realized their marriage was troubled in June 2007. Mammone, she said, was not able to help much with the children, so she depended on her mother for help. She testified in August 2007 that Mammone broke her cell phone after she tried to discuss ending the marriage with him.

She testified that they stayed together and sought counseling both individually and together. Mammone, she said, quit his job when she tried to leave and started school in January 2008 to become a teacher so they would have the same schedule. He also started working for a pizza restaurant.

She testified that Mammone told her if she tried to leave "he would kill me and the children." The following Monday, she said she called a lawyer and asked about filing for divorce. It was a conversation she said she kept hidden from her former husband.

Eakin testified her plan was that she and her mother would take the kids in June 2008 to visit family in Newark, and while they were away, James would be served the divorce papers. She testified that she wanted to be gone because "I wanted to be safe with my children."

She said the plan never materialized because her attorney called her cell phone while she was at home and Mammone demanded to know who called. She says he grabbed the phone and returned the call, discovering it was from an attorney. He then reminded her that if she ever tried to leave him, he was going to kill her. She testified Mammone then told the children "it was time for mommy to go to her grave."

After that incident, Eakin testified that she sought a restraining order in which Mammone was not to have contact with her at all and was supposed to have only supervised contact with the children. The divorce at the time was not yet final.

They went to court in March 2009, and she testified that the divorce was final in April. He was supposed to text message her if he wanted to see the children, and was permitted visitation including overnight stays once a week.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Mammone's Confession Describes Murderous Rampage

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

Jurors in Canton Monday afternoon were played the recording of an interview between James Mammone III and Canton Detectives taped June 8th after Mammone was arrested for the murder of his two young children and his former mother-in-law.

Mammone's voice on the recording is steady and monotone. In court listening to the lengthy confession he sat emotionless.

On the tape Mammone first tells detectives about killing his former mother-in-law, 57-year-old Margaret Eakin, saying even though the door to her home was unlocked he, "barged in", and found Eakin in a bedroom. Mammone admits he had a firearm with him and when he saw his former mother-in-law he fired one shot at her. "Hit her in the chest with it" Mammone tells detectives on the recording.

He continues to say Eakin, "got up out of the bed, I don't really know, kind of went up and kind of went down. I took a position above her, had her down," he told detectives.

Mammone confessed that he could not fire another round because his pistol jammed so he then told detectives he began admits beating Eakin with the gun.

"I began to hit her with the pistol," said Mammone. Detectives ask, "Do you think she was alive?" to which he answers, "Definitely."

"I kept hitting her with the pistol, there was blood on the weapon and I believe it kind of slipped out of my hand, or kind of dropped because I was trying to keep her down." said Mammone, "I had the gun slip out of my, so I reached up on the night stand and grabbed a lamp and then started hitting her with the lamp as well."

Detectives asked how many times he hit his former mother-in-law with his fist, the gun and lamp. "A dozen times," he answered.

After that Mammone admits leaving his mother-in-law's home and going to the house where he says he believes his ex-wife was living and found a truck in the driveway he thought belonged to a boyfriend.

He admits pouring gasoline over the truck, then trying to set it on fire, but his lighter fell apart. Mammone says he then took a baseball bat and smashed in the glass of a back door to go into the house.

Mammone admits to detectives that he had with him a bag full of butcher type knives and a bayonet. He tells investigators he put the bayonet in his pocket, grabbed a baseball bat and another weapon he manufactured.

He wanted to go after his ex-wife but says his intention was not to kill her but to maim her.

After he was unsuccessful lighting the truck on fire, he once again left and went back to a family church where he admits he had earlier killed both of the children.

The following is the conversation Mammone then had with detectives descibing the incident.

Mammone: "I killed them at the church in the driveway. They were the first. I put butcher knives into their throats."

Detectives: "Did they say anything?"

Mammone: "No, my daughter was basically asleep, and my son..."

Dectives: "Are you pretty sure when you stabbed them that they were dead?"

Mammone: "When I stabbed them initially I was surprised they weren't. I don't know honestly how long it took them to pass. But I stabbed them enough times that I knew it was going to be fatal."

Mammone admits stabbing his children four to five times per child.

"(It was a) very surreal, out of body type of thing, like I wasn't even there." explained Mammone, "It's hard to describe. It was a horrible thing to do, almost like it wasn't me who was doing it".

Mammone told detectives he doesn't recall planning the crime saying, "I have been tormented with the idea of doing this for about 22-months. Initially I was going to kill Marcia (his ex-wife), The children, I didn't really want to do that."

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Murder defendant says kids weren't his target

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:28 am

James Mammone told investigators that he didn't plan on killing his children. His intended target was his ex-wife and her mother.

A taped confession by the accused killer to Canton police was played for jurors Monday in Stark County Common Pleas Court on the opening day of the triple murder trial.

Mammone, 36, told investigators that he killed his children around 5:45 a.m. June 8 at Westminster Presbyterian Church — a couple blocks from the apartment of his ex-wife, Marcia Mammone.

Mammone said on the tape that he had been thinking about killing Marcia Mammone and her mother for about 22 months.

''It was a surreal thing,'' James Mammone said. ''I killed [the children] at the church. It was in the driveway.

''I put butcher knives into their throats. I stabbed them enough times to make sure that it would be fatal.''

James Mammone said he killed the children to hurt his former wife for divorcing him. He said he couldn't accept the children growing up in a house without two parents.

James Mammone showed no emotion while the recording was played in the courtroom.

His former wife, who is a math teacher at Timken High School, testified Monday that her ex-husband called her around the day of the killings and said: ''I shot your mom in the head. I bashed her in the face with a lamp. She put up a good fight.''

In his taped confession, James Mammone said he found Margaret Eakin lying in her bed when he ''barged into'' her bedroom.

''I was carrying a firearm,'' he said. ''It jammed and shot her in the chest.''

He then said he struck the woman repeatedly and shot her again — this time in the face. The gun, he told investigators, was purchased over the Internet.

Also played in court on Monday were desperate 911 calls placed by Marcia Mammone.

She said her former husband had called her the previous day to tell her that he had a ''bunch of painkillers stashed'' and that he was ''ready to die.''

The couple separated on June 13, 2008, and their divorce was finalized March 3, 2009.

The night before the slayings, Marcia Mammone said, she pleaded for him to focus on the safety of their two children, Macy, 5 and James, 3.

''He was threatening to kill himself and he was with my children,'' she testified. ''It was his visitation night.''

Marcia Mammone said she spent the night driving around Canton looking for him and the children.

She testified that she received a text message from him at 2:36 a.m. that the ''situation'' was beyond tolerable.

It was around 5 a.m. that she heard a commotion outside her Canton Township apartment. She testified that she looked outside and saw her ex-husband pouring gasoline on the truck parked outside.

She testified that she called 911 and then heard glass breaking inside the apartment.

James Mammone said in his taped interview that he wanted to ''maim'' but not kill his former wife. ''I was going to cut off her tongue for not speaking to me.''

Edward Roth, who lives across the street, said he woke up around 5:30 a.m. and ''heard screaming and a gunshot.''

Roth said he ran outside and saw James Mammone's recently purchased tan Oldsmobile Cutlass speed away.

Mammone said in his taped interview that he drove to the Independence Police Department and was going to turn himself in, but decided to come back to Stark County.

He said he returned to his ''flat to switch cars so my mom or aunt wouldn't see the kids'' murdered in the back seat.

Canton Police Sgt. Eric Risner testified that he was waiting across the street on Fulton Drive when Mammone entered his apartment complex driveway around 8:30 a.m.

Risner said that after removing Mammone from the car, he discovered the bodies of the two children, whose throats had been slit, in the back seat.

Mammone said in the taped interview that he never considered taking his own life.

''I didn't want to commit suicide,'' he said.

After the slayings, he said, ''I just started driving. I was surprised how long it took the police'' to find him.

The trial continues today in Canton. If Mammone is convicted of any of the three counts of aggravated murder, he could be sentenced to death.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Mammone trial notebook

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:31 am

James Mammone III, 36, of Canton, didn’t travel lightly when police said he killed his two children and former mother-in-law June 8.

His weapons included:

A .32-caliber Beretta pistol with ammunition.
A Chicago Cutlery butcher knife, plus additional knives.
Baseball bats.
An ax handle spiked with nails.
A military-style bayonet.
A switchblade.

Mammone told investigators he stabbed his children with the butcher knife, and shot his former mother-in-law, Margaret Eakin, 57. He also used a metal lamp to beat Eakin.

When Mammone was caught, authorities found he had a large picture of his ex-wife, Marcia, from their wedding day.

She was in her gown.

He had the picture in the front passenger seat in his car. Nearby, he had a loaded handgun.

Police found a bouquet of wedding flowers in the back seat. He had his wedding band, too, and had his favorite shirt on, according to testimony Monday.

Who testified?

Eight people took the stand Monday in Mammone’s capital murder trial.

They were:

His ex-wife, Marcia (Mammone) Eakin.
Stark County sheriff’s deputy James Tedrick.
Stark County sheriff’s deputy Mark Lyons.
Edward Roth, a neighbor of Margaret Eakin, who heard thegunshots at the Eakin residence.
Canton police officer Mark Diels.
Canton police detective Eric Risner.
Canton police detective Sgt. Victor George.
Officer Randy Weirich, a crime scene investigator for Canton police.

Prosecutors also played a one-hour recording of Mammone’s statement to police after his arrest.

Why he didn’t shoot them

Mammone, in his statement to investigators, said he chose to stab his children — Macy, 5, and James IV, 3 — for several reasons.

He said he didn’t want to make any noise, his pistol was not dependable, and he wanted to
conserve bullets for later.
“... I was very clear with her (ex-wife Marcia) that I would never accept my children growing up in a household where both parents weren’t present day in and day out,” he told detectives.

Revenge kill

Mammone, in his police statement, explained his reason for shooting his former mother-in-law, Margaret Eakin.
He said his ex-wife was close with her mom. He decided to kill Margaret to get back at his ex, he said.
“Because she’s my wife’s best friend and takes care of the children and ... that’s just a major blow to my wife to not have her mother.”

Defenseless
Defense attorneys Derek Lowry and Tammi Johnson have been relatively quiet.
Lowry, in opening remarks, said they do not plan to contest most of the evidence and facts during trial. And they didn’t during the first day of testimony.
Lowry asked jurors only to make decisions based on the law, not their emotions.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:46 am

So very, very sad to read the thoughts and actions of this man. crying Perplexing, also, to people who think more clearly, his mind is so screwed up and his emotions seem nonexistent.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:56 am

Day No. 2 of testimony is under way in the emotionally charged aggravated murder trial of James Mammone with prosecutors continuing to call witnesses.

First to take the stand on Tuesday was Harold Carter, an acquaintance of Mammone's ex-wife Marcia Eakin.

Carter and Eakin were playing tennis together on June 7, 2009. Mammone, meanwhile, was with the former couple's two children -- Macy, 5, and James, 3. Mammone was taking advantage of his visitation privileges.

Carter testified he and Eakin planned to go to dinner together after tennis when, he said, she kept getting more frequent and more disturbing text messages from Mammone.

Instead of dinner, he said they returned to the Canton area looking for Mammone, driving to parks and the homes of acquaintances, concerned about the welfare of the children.

On Monday, Eakin testified that Mammone was texting her to say that Macy was crying and wanted her mother. One of the messages, she testified, said "glad you can ruin lives."

Eventually, Eakin said, her ex-husband texted that he had stored pain killers "for this night I had hoped would never happen," adding, "I am ready to die."

Eakin says she called 911, asking authorities to find Mammone and the children.

Unable to fine him themselves, Carter on Tuesday testified that he and Eakin went back to her house, where he fell asleep and was awakened early on June 8 by Eakin screaming "he's here, he's here."

Although Carter admits he actually never saw Mammone outside of the house, he testified that his vehicle had been doused with gasoline.

In a taped confession to police that was played for jurors on Monday, Mammone admitted going to the house, seeing Carter's vehicle there and then pouring gasoline over it in an attempt to set it on fire, but his lighter fell apart.

Mammone told police he then used a baseball bat to break the glass on a storm door to gain access into the house as he looked for something to ignite the gas, but he left without ever doing that. The children were still in his car the entire time.

He also confessed to investigators that he intended to use weapons he had in the car, including knives, a handgun and a crude axe handle with metal spikes, to injure but not kill his ex-wife, admitting in great detail that he also shot and beat to death Eakin's 57-year-old mother at her home that same morning.

"Because she was my wife's best friend, helped with the children, it was a major blow to my ex-wife," Mammone told investigators, seemingly explaining his motive.

Mammone, prosecutors allege, was upset over his divorce that became final a few months earlier. Eakin testified on Monday that he texted her at one point to say their children were a painful reminder of what he had lost.

When police finally found Mammone, he was in his car outside of his apartment. Detectives testified that the bodies of his two children were still strapped in their seats in the back of his vehicle, where they had been stabbed to death while still in their seats.

Mammone's emotionless confession also includes horrible details of how he killed his own children, stabbing each multiple times.

Mammone faces the death penalty if convicted of the charges, which include aggravated murder.

In opening statements on Monday, defense attorney Derek Lowery told jurors he would not be contesting much of the evidence or the facts during the trial, which could end as soon as Wednesday.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:58 am

Jurors in the death penalty case of James Mammone on Tuesday were given disturbing insight into the viciousness with which Mammone is alleged to have murdered his own children.

Stark County Coroner Dr. P.S. Murthy testified that he personally removed the body of 5-year-old Macy from the car seat in which she was discovered stabbed to death on June 8, 2009.

In a recorded confession to detectives played for jurors on Monday, Mammone admitted stabbing Macy and her younger brother James, 3, multiple times while they were still strapped in their car seats in the back of his vehicle.

When detectives asked on the recording, "Did they say anything?" Mammone answered, "No. My daughter was basically asleep."

But in graphic testimony on Tuesday, Murthy said he found injuries to the little girl's hands consistent with her grabbing a knife. It's what he described as defensive wounds.

Murthy described injuries to Macy's hands that severed tendons, but the most severe injuries, he said, were to her head and neck, where she was stabbed multiple times. He described massive and fatal injuries from a wound that went completely through the girl's neck, entering from the front.

The coroner testified that he also examined the body of her younger brother, who was also found fatally stabbed and still strapped in a seat inside Mammone's car.

Murthy described a "massive wound" extending from the right side of the child's neck to the left side, where he described an exit wound.

The boy, he testified, had a deep wound in the palm of his right hand, which might indicate that he was trying to reach out and stop his attacker from stabbing him.

Both children, Murthy testified, died of multiple stab wounds and a massive loss of blood.

In his taped confession, detectives asked Mammone, "Are you pretty sure when you stabbed them that they were dead?" To which Mammone answered, "When I stabbed them initially, I was surprised they weren't."

"I dont know honestly how long it took them to pass," he told detectives, "But I stabbed them enough times that I knew it was going to be fatal."

In a calm, monotone voice, Mammone told detectives, "It was a horrible thing to do. Almost like, it wasn't me who was doing it."

Again on Tuesday, Mammone sat stoically in court as jurors were shown the graphic images of the fatal injuries to his children.

Prosecutors allege Mammone was upset over a divorce from his ex-wife, Marcia Eakin, that became finalized in April, so he killed the children and Eakin's 57-year-old mother to hurt her.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Coroner says Mammone children tried to defend themselves

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Strapped into car seats, the children of James Mammone III struggled with their father as he ended their young lives.

A Stark County jury heard testimony Tuesday from Coroner P.S. Murthy, who performed autopsies on Mammone’s children and his former mother-in-law, Margaret Eakin.

At the trial’s beginning, Assistant Stark County Prosecutor Dennis Barr warned the jury that some evidence would be graphic, and pictures of the victims’ injuries were displayed on large video screens viewable by the jury but not by observers in the gallery.

Mammone told police that he shot Margaret Eakin twice and beat her with a pistol and a lamp. He also said he stabbed his children four or five times in their necks.

Murthy said 5-year-old Macy Mammone was stabbed three times in the neck and face. Her 3-year-old brother, James IV, had one large stab wound to his neck.

Both children died of massive blood loss, Murthy said.

But those were not the only injuries.

When a person is attacked, the natural response is to bring the legs, arms and hands up in defense, Murthy said.

Both children had wounds to their right hands that were consistent with grabbing a knife, the coroner said.

Also, each had leg bruises, and Macy had a defensive wound on her right leg.

The third victim, Margaret Eakin, 57, suffered two fatal gunshot wounds — one at close range to the face, the other to the chest — as well as blunt force injuries to her head consistent with being pistol-whipped and beaten with a lamp, Murthy said.

The defense and jury asked no questions.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:55 pm

Mammone claimed he took a dozen painkillers before he killed the three people, but a lab tech testified there was no evidence to support that claim.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Both Side Rest In Canton Triple-Murder Case

Post by Nama on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:47 pm

James Mammone decided not to testify on his own behalf, but the jury heard from him again Wednesday in a chilling voice mail message that he left shortly after the murders.
Mammone is accused of killing his 3-year-old son, 5-year-old daughter and the children’s grandmother.
He was shockingly calm and unapologetic during the message he left just after 6 a.m. on June 8.
“Obviously, I’m a… homicidal maniac,” Mammone said on the voice mail.
Mammone confessed he stabbed his own kids, Macy and James, in their throats while they sat in their car seats in a Canton church parking lot. He admitted he shot hi ex-mother-in-law, Margaret Eakin, to death. Prosecutors said it was all to get back at his ex-wife Marcia Eakin, who had divorced him three months earlier.
“She took my family from me and the… way to really get her is to take her… mom and her kids from her,” Mammone said on the voice mail.
The message was left on Rick Hull’s cell phone. Hull was Mammone’s best friend and he testified in court Wednesday.
“I was shocked that he could be so callous and cold about something so significant,” Hull said.
The prosecution rested Wednesday. The defense rested too without calling any witnesses, including Mammone himself.
“I conferred with my counsel that I will not be testifying,” Mammone said.
On Tuesday, the Stark County coroner testified the two children died of stab wounds to the throat and the kids tried to fight back. Monday, the children’s mother testified she had called 911 several times because Mammone later admitted to killing her children and their grandmother.
Closing arguments will happen Thursday morning. Even the defense team expects a guilty verdict. It would then be up to the jury to decide if Mammone should get the death penalty.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal COMPLETE TEXT OF MAMMONE'S VOICEMAIL TO HULL:

Post by Nama on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:50 pm

On a profanity-laden voicemail left by James Mammone III on the day that he is alleged to have murdered his two young children, he tells a longtime friend "no regrets."

Richard Hull and his family had been close with Mammone and his ex-wife Marcia. Their children were about the same ages and played together. He and Mammone worked together in the real estate industry.

On Wednesday, Hull testified that he was contacted by Marcia on June 7, 2009, when Mammone was driving around with his own children -- Macy, 5, and James IV, 3. Marcia was concerned for the safety of the children after she had been getting frequent and disturbing text messages from her ex-husband.

Hull testified that he and his father drove around the Canton area looking for Mammone, whom they could not find, eventually giving up the search.

He testified that he texted Mammone, trying to get him to take the children to his mother's house or another location where he knew they would be safe, but there was no response to most of the messages.

Hull said it was much later he realized that Mammone had left a voicemail after 6 a.m. on June 8, and when he played it back "It was shocking, and I realized it was evidence."

In the voicemail, played for jurors, Mammone instructs his friend how to get into his home to get $250 as reimbursement for a car loan. Mammone's voice is steady as he asks his friend to also take the title to his car.

Mammone's voice remains steady as he then asks Hulll to "take care of my mom" -- to whom he had already confessed the murders.

"I already told her I killed the kids," Mammone said in the message. "She's probably dead already. She's probably going to commit suicide. I know she had like a hundred morphine stored in case she got really sick, so she's probably going to be dead too. I hate to throw all this on you"

Mammone calls himself a "homicidal maniac," says he has "no regrets, no regrets" and offers an explanation for murdering his two children and former mother-in-law.

"I said it when I got locked up (expletive) 358 days ago that she is going to have to die, and unfortunately as (expletive) sick as it sounds, I concluded after a while that she took my family from me and the (expletive) way to really get her was to take (expletive) her mom and her kids from her," Mammone's message continued.

COMPLETE TEXT OF MAMMONE'S VOICEMAIL TO HULL:

Hey, one more thing, I know you don't want to f*** with me at all. There's like 250 bucks for Chauncy (Hull's cousin who had lent Mammone money to buy a car) on my dresser in my bedroom. Just break into my apartment. Alls you got to do is f****n' take the bottom latch and f****n' get a screwdriver and move it over, and my door will open right up. Just bang on my door and my neighbor Rick will let you in. Also, if you want to grab the title and sign my BMW over to you, umm, you know where my mom is. Take care of my mom. I already told her I killed the kids. She's probably dead already. She's probably going to commit suicide. I know she had like a hundred morphine stored in case she got really sick, so she's probably going to be dead too. I hate to throw all this on you, but like whatever you can get out of my sh** give it to Marcia or give it to your kids for college. Just do whatever the f*** you want. You know better than me. Obviously, I'm a f***n' homicidal maniac, but I just wanted to tell you that about there's f****n' 250 bucks for Chauncy. God bless the f****n' poor kid. God, try not to tell that kid. There's no way ... it's going to be all over the f****n' papers and blah blah blah, f****n' yadda yadda. Oh sh** brotha, sh**, no regrets, no regrets. I said it when I got locked up f****n' 358 days ago that she is going to have to die, and unfortunately as f****n' sick as it sounds, I concluded after a while that she took my family from me and the f****n' way to really get her was to take f****n' her mom and her kids from her. I missed her dad by a couple of minutes. I drove by the house and he wasn't there. I f****n' circled the block and he must have just pulled out or I would have f****n' popped his f****n' a** too, but now he gets to live with his f****n' dad dying at a young age and his f****n' mom and his grandkids and his wife. F****n' poor guy. I love that guy. F****n' next to you and my grandpa, I probably loved that guy more than anybody on the f****n' earth, male-wise, except for he turned his f****n' back on me. That mother f***er. Whether he can argue I deserved it or whatever, I don't know, but f*** man, Jesus Christ, I still got to try to call Marcia. Bye. Love ya.

In cross-examination, Hull testified that he knew Mammone wanted to have children and "wanted to be a family." Hull testified that he had talked with Mammone about spending less time at work and more time with his kids. He told jurors that Mammone's divorce from Marcia in April was something he didn't see coming.

Hull also testified that he believed Mammone "loved his kids."

Mammone faces the death penalty for stabbing his two children to death while they were strapped in their car seats on the morning of June 8, 2009, and then shooting and beating his former mother-in-law to death at her home.

Regarding the crime, Hull testified, "I was concerned he could be so callous and cold about something so significant."

Prosecutors and defense attorneys have now rested their case, with Mammone agreeing not to testify in his own defense and with no other defense witnesses being called.

Closing arguments are scheduled to begin on Thursday after which Mammone's fate will be in the hands of a jury.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by misshesitation on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Sometimes I think death is to good for some people!
misshesitation

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:09 pm

"misshesitation" said: Sometimes I think death is to good for some people!
I agree
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:10 pm

misshesitation wrote:Sometimes I think death is to good for some people!
I agree I could not have said it better myself.

Back to top Go down

Normal Mammone murder trial to go to the jury Thursday

Post by Nama on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:10 pm

Testimony in the capital murder trial of James Mammone III concluded Wednesday morning.

Mammone didn’t take the stand, and his attorneys called no other witnesses. Mammone told Stark County Common Pleas Judge John G. Haas that he agreed with that strategy.

As shown during three days of testimony, Mammone, 36, of Canton, confessed to police, his ex-wife and others that he killed his children — 5-year-old Macy and 3-year-old James IV — and former mother-in-law, Margaret Eakin, on June 8.

He has pleaded not guilty to three counts of aggravated murder and other crimes.

If convicted of charges that make him eligible for the death penalty, the trial will move to a sentencing phase.

Although Mammone didn’t testify, he would still have an opportunity to address the jury during the sentencing phase.

Closing arguments in the case are scheduled for Thursday morning.

Mammone's attorneys, Derek Lowry and Tammi Johnson, did ask Haas to dismiss one of the charges, aggravated burglary. The charge was not dismissed.

The state concluded its case earlier in the morning after 18 witnesses.

Mammone, 36, of Canton, faces aggravated murder and other charges and could get the death penalty if convicted.

Earlier Wednesday, jurors heard from Mammone’s close friend, Richard Hull.

Both have been friends since their days in the hallways of McKinley High School. Hull, 34, had employed Mammone for five years in his real estate business.

After Mammone and his wife, Marcia, divorced, Hull told jurors he made multiple attempts to console Mammone and try to get him back into “the groove."

On the night of June 7, Mammone's ex-wife, Marcia Eakin, called Hull's wife. She was frantic. So Hull and his father attempted to locate Mammone. They were unsuccessful.

Hull sent multiple text messages to Mammone. In one text, Hull told Mammone that Marcia still loved him. Hull told jurors he did that to get Mammone to respond to him.

Mammone replied. But it didn't help.

The next day, Hull said he found out Mammone was accused of stabbing his children, Macy and James IV, and shooting and beating their grandmother, Margaret Eakin.

“I was in shock,” Hull told jurors. “I was walking in circles in my house (for hours).”

Hull later said he reviewed multiple voice mail messages on his cell phone and discovered one left by Mammone. The call was from 6:04 a.m. on June 8. A recording of the voice mail message was played in court.

“I hate to throw this on you,” Mammone told Hull in his voice-mail message. He offered his friend $250 and the keys to his BMW. He also admitted that he killed his children and Margaret Eakin.

Mammone said, “As sick as it sounds,” he killed his children and their grandmother to get back at his ex-wife. “I missed her dad by a couple minutes.”

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Breaking news: Mammone has just been found guilty on all counts!

TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks Terry!

A Canton jury found James Mammone guilty of killing his two children and their grandmother.
The penalty phase of Mammone's trial will begin on Tuesday. He faces the death penalty.
Mammone was found guilty of all seven counts he was faces, which included three separate counts of aggravated murder, two count of aggravated burglary, one count of violating a protection order and one count of attempted arson.
The jury finished hearing closing arguments Thursday and deliberations began around 11 a.m.
During closing arguments, prosecutors said Mammone was a “cold and calculated killer who carried out a murderous scheme.” Prosecutors presented the knife they said was used to killed Mammone’s 3-year-old son and 5-year-old daughter.
The prosecutors also referred to Mammone's confession to police in which he said he committed the murders to inflict pain onto his ex-wife, Marcia Eakin.
“In the span of five minutes, she lost the most important people in her life,” assistant prosecutor Chryssa Hartnett said.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:32 pm

James Mammone III has been convicted of aggravated murder and other charges for the June slayings of his former mother-in-law and his two children.

The Stark County Common Pleas jury’s decision was announced Thursday afternoon before Judge John G. Haas.

Mammone, 36, of Canton, also was convicted of death specifications that could bring the death penalty.

He was found guilty on all counts.

As shown in three days of testimony, Mammone, 36, of Canton, confessed to police, his ex-wife and others that he killed 5-year-old Macy Mammone, her 3-year-old brother, James IV, and their grandmother, 57-year-old Margaret Eakin, on the morning of June 8, 2009.

He told investigators and others he wanted to torture his ex-wife, Marcia, following their divorce.

Thursday’s verdicts means the same jury will return next week to decide Mammone’s punishment.

He faces a possible death sentence or one of three life prison term options: Life without the chance of parole, life with a chance of parole in 30 years or life with a chance of parole in 25 years.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Not IF

Post by Nama on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:36 pm

The indictment against James Mammone III

If convicted of any of the three charges of aggravated murder with an accompanying death specification, Mammone could receive a death sentence.

Ct. 1: Aggravated murder. Alleges that Mammone killed Margaret J. Eakin with prior calculation and design, and or during the commission of an aggravated burglary.

Death Specification 1: Eakin’s death was part of a course of conduct involving the deaths of two or more persons.

Death Specification 2: Mammone purposefully caused Eakin’s death during the commission of an aggravated burglary, and was the actual killer, or committed the aggravated murder with prior calculation or design.

Gun Specification: Mammone used a gun while committing aggravated murder.

Ct 2: Aggravated burglary. Alleges Mammone broke into Margaret Eakin’s home with a weapon and inflicted physical harm.

Gun Specification: Mammone used a gun while committing aggravated burglary.

Ct. 3: Aggravated murder. Alleges Mammone killed, with prior calculation and design, Macy Mammone, who was under 13 years of age.

Death Specification 1: Macy Mammone’s death was part of a course of conduct involving the purposeful killings of two or more persons.

Death Specification 2: Mammone purposefully caused the death of Macy Mammone, who was under 13 years of age, and was the actual killer or committed the aggravated murder with prior calculation or design.

Ct. 4: Aggravated murder. Alleges Mammone killed, with prior calculation and design, James Mammone IV, who was under 13 years of age.

Death Specification 1: James Mammone IV’s death was part of a course of conduct involving the purposeful killings of two or more persons.

Death Specification 2: Mammone purposefully caused the death of James Mammone IV, who was under 13 years of age, and was the actual killer or committed the aggravated murder with prior calculation or design.

Ct. 5: Aggravated burglary. Alleges Mammone broke into the home of his ex-wife, Marcia Mammone, with a weapon.

Gun Specification 1: Mammone used a gun while committing aggravated burglary.

Ct. 6: Violation of a protection order. Alleges Mammone violated a protection order by committing the aggravated burglary of his ex-wife's home.

Ct. 7: Attempted arson. Alleges Mammone tried to set fire to a truck parked at the home of his ex-wife.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:06 pm

you rock BJ.
:dancingbaby: this is great news. That picture of him is the face of evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Same city where my sister lives. Same city where the cop, Bobby Cutts, killed his pregnant girlfriend and left their 2 year old son alone. The boy told the police that "mommy was in the rug".

This Mamone looks evil personified!! Fantastic news!!!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Psychologist: Mammone is sane; regrets killing former mother-in-law, not children

Post by Nama on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:23 pm

A psychologist who interviewed James Mammone III said he never thought Mammone was insane or incompetent to stand trial for killing his two children and former mother-in-law.

Jeffrey L. Smalldon, a clinical psychologist from Columbus, testified Wednesday in Stark County Common Pleas Court as part of Mammone’s defense.

A jury is deciding Mammone’s sentence for killing his children, 5-year-old Macy and 3-year-old James IV, and former mother-in-law, Margaret Eakin. Mammone has said his actions were aimed at getting back at his ex-wife and to spare his children from being raised in a broken home.

The same jury convicted Mammone last week of aggravated murder and other charges. He could get the death penalty or a life prison term.

Smalldon got involved in the case in late June, upon requests by the defense, to conduct a wide-ranging evaluation on Mammone’s mental health.

Mammone, 36, suffered from a severe mental disorder and extreme emotional distress at the time of his actions on June 7-8, Smalldon said.

But he said the symptoms were not so severe that Mammone could not decide between right or wrong.

Defense attorney Tammi Johnson asked Smalldon if her client ever expressed remorse for the death of Margaret Eakin?

Smalldon said yes.

Any remorse for the deaths of his children? No.

Smalldon said Mammone told him that he has never questioned his decision to kill his children. “Absolutely not. Never,” Smalldon said.

Mammone has an above average IQ of 117, Smalldon said.

Smalldon said Mammone believes “he was acting as an instrument of world righteousness.”

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Within the last hour, the jury has recommended the death penalty. Final sentencing, however, is yet to be determined by the judge in this case.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:21 pm

TerryRose Today at 5:53 pm Within the last hour, the jury has recommended the death penalty. Final sentencing, however, is yet to be determined by the judge in this case.
OOPS! I added verdict coming next week, and I meant SENTENCING coming next week to the title of the thread. Thank's for the comment about sentencing; it woke me up. :) I just changed it.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Reported on TV news: Judge to pass sentence Friday, I assume it to mean this Friday, 2 days from now. Jury has recommended 3 death penalties, too bad they can only kill him once and he cannot suffer the fate for each of those 3 innocents he killed. Let us hope that the judge does not change his sentence. If anyone deserves the DP it is him.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:38 pm

A judge has sentenced James Mammone to the death penalty.

Judge John Haas handed down three death sentences today, one for each of Mammone's victims.

The Canton man was convicted of aggravated murder for the June 8th murders of his three-and-five-year-old children, and his 57-year-old ex-mother-in-law.

Mammone's ex-wife, Marcia, was in the audience for the sentencing, but made no statement herself.

Members of the audience wept, as Marcia's words were read from a written statement by Assistant Prosecutor Chryssa Hartnett

"To evil James Mammone III from your ex-wife, your intent was to hurt me, this you accomplished. Your intent was to take away those who meant the most to me, this you accomplished. I will carry on, I will laugh again. Soon the world will be rid of you and whether you are locked in a cage as the animal you are or get the needle, I will carry on."

Before the sentence was handed down, Judge Haas first offered prosecutors and Mammone's lawyers the chance to offer any additional testimony or evidence they wished to present.

Prosecutors said they had nothing more to add to the case beyond what they had already presented.

Mammone declined address the court at today's sentencing, saying "out of consideration of the privacy for my wife and some of the other people who are victims, I have to rest on what already has been stated."

On a separate charge of arson the court also added an additional ten year sentence to the three death sentences.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Video and text of a statement directly addressed to James Mammone III by his ex-wife, Marcia Eakin, read in court by Assistant Stark County Prosecutor Chryssa Hartnett at Mammone’s sentencing Friday.

“To evil James Mammone III: From your ex-wife.”

“Your intent was to hurt me. This, you accomplished.

Your intent was to take away those who meant the most to me. This, you accomplished.

And your intent was to destroy my ability to carry on. In this ... you failed.

I am strong, I inspire people, and I will charge forward. I will smile again. I will laugh again. And I am in love again.

You may have destroyed a part of my life, but you didn’t destroy me.

Soon, the world will be rid of you, and whether you remain locked in a cage like the animal you are, or ultimately succumb to the needle, know that your true Judgment Day awaits.

Perhaps, in some twisted way, you believe you’ll see your children again when your days here on earth are over. But let me assure you. As they run, play, and sleep peacefully behind the gates of heaven, you will be burning in hell.”

To all of those who have supported us:

Thank you for your prayers, kindness, and thoughts during this horrendous event in my and my family’s life. It is through our faith in God that we continue to live so that we may honor my mother, Margaret Eakin, my daughter, Macy, and my son, James IV. Please know that every card, hug, pat on the back, and smile has been my encouragement that goodness will prevail over evil.

To the staff at Canton City Schools:

The outpouring of compassion and concern you have shown to my family and I has been a tremendous blessing. Such great people truly deserve to be singled out though many of you wished to remain anonymous. The action of so many people in this great school system accurately shows me that Canton City is staffed by the best!

To my students (past and present):

Your respect for my feelings throughout this heartbreak has given me even more reason to continue to be strong and to keep showing up for my life. I thank you all for your caring, even when some of you had no idea what I have lived through.

To the staff of Timken High School:

You have been the greatest colleagues I could ever have wished for. I thank you for your unwavering support, shoulders to cry on, time taken to support me, and laughter that continues to help me through some of my worst days.

To my family and friends:

Thank you for your love through the roller coaster of this tragic time in my life. So many of you have gone above and beyond what I ever imagined. All of you have been sent to me through God and I know I am extremely blessed to have you in my life.

To my mom and my babies who I know are listening from heaven:

I hope you also realize that I will continue to honor your lives by making it my life mission to do everything I can to make sure no one ever has to understand what it’s like to be in my shoes.

I am so proud to be your daughter and mommy. Not a second of the day goes by that I do not miss you, mom, Macy, and Pal, please know you are forever loved.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:50 pm

I loved what she had to say. It was eloquent. She is a very, very strong woman!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:46 am

Death Row has already changed convicted triple murderer James Mammone III, quite literally.
Less than a week after he was given a death sentence for killing his two young children and his former mother-in-law, Mammone's booking photo published to the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction Web site shows a very different-looking man.

Mammone's head has been shaved, ridding him of the flowing hairstyle he had during his trial.

In addition to that superficial detail, the Canton Repository reports that Mammone is being held at the Oakwood Correctional Facility in Lima rather than the facilities usually used to house Death Row inmates -- the Ohio State Penitentiary in Youngstown or the Mansfield Correctional Institution.

The article says that Mammone, 36, of Canton, arrived in Lima on Monday. He was apparently sent to Oakwood to receive mental-health treatment. When he's well enough to leave, he will likely go to the mental-health unit at Mansfield.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Before and after

Post by Nama on Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:51 am

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum