Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jail "friend", 21-year-old Maya Derkovic, "Casey Used Chloroform"

3 posters

Go down

Jail "friend", 21-year-old Maya Derkovic, "Casey Used Chloroform" Empty Jail "friend", 21-year-old Maya Derkovic, "Casey Used Chloroform"

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:38 am

Jail Friend: Casey Described Using Chloroform

EVIDENCE DOCUMENTS RELEASED 04/06/10

Posted: 4:29 pm EDT April 16, 2010Updated: 6:38 pm EDT April 16, 2010

OCALA, Fla. -- A young woman who was one of Casey Anthony's jailhouse friends spoke exclusively to WFTV on Friday in her first one-on-one interview. She said Casey described how she used to knock her daughter Caylee out with chloroform.

FRIEND TALKS: Part 1 | Part 2 | Images
VIDEO REPORT: Casey’s Jail Friend Talks

“She would pour it on, like, a rag, like, a wash rag, and put it on the baby's face,” 21-year-old Maya Derkovic.

Derkovic is a convicted killer. She said she met Casey in the Orange County jail. Derkovic reported details of her whispered conversations with Casey to detectives; the two used to talk in the jail through an air vent.

Derkovic told WFTV detectives only got part of the story. She told WFTV brand new information during an exclusive interview Friday morning.

Derkovic turned herself in and got 30 years instead of the death penalty for murdering another teenager four years ago. Derkovic and others at the jail thought she would have the best chance of convincing Casey to come clean.

Derkovic talked with Kathi Belich at the Lowell Correctional Institution in Ocala for an hour and a half and she answered questions about her communication with accused killer Casey Anthony.

“She said she used to knock the baby out so she could go party and she would put her to sleep. When she'd come back, the baby would still be asleep,” Derkovic said.

She told investigators she didn't know how Casey knocked out Caylee, but Belich asked her.

“Did she say what she used to knock her out?” she asked.

“I can't pronounce it. Chlorofoam?” Derkovic said.

She said she doesn't know where Casey got it, but knows how she used it.

“She would pour it on, like, a rag, a washrag, and put it over the baby's face so she'd inhale it and that would knock her out,” Derkovic said.

Belich asked Derkovic why she hadn't mentioned chloroform to investigators.

“I just want to be clear. Do you remember telling them that?” Belich asked.

“Probably not. Because, like I said, I can barely pronounce the name. I know it's drugs,” she said.

Derkovic described Casey's resentment about the attention her mother shifted to Caylee, once she was born, as being like sibling rivalry.

“She would say, ‘What's so special about Caylee? Why didn't she care about me like that?’ Stuff like that,” Derkovic said.

Derkovic said Casey was jealous of the relationship between Cindy and Caylee.

“When Caylee was born, Caylee was the center of attention, ‘cause she was the baby. It's kind of like siblings. When the new one comes along, the older ones feel left out,” Derkovic said.

Derkovic said Casey was happy-go-lucky in jail and always smiling.

“Did she ever say she was upset in the jail and she couldn't look for Caylee or nobody was doing enough to find Caylee?” Belich asked. “Or anything like that?”

“No, Derkovic said.

Derkovic said she turned herself in because it was the right thing to do and tried to get Casey to open up about what happened to Caylee.

“Nothing I ever said to her really registered,” Derkovic said.

“But when you would do that, she didn't say, ‘I didn't do it’?” Belich asked.

“No, she didn't say that either. She wouldn't say, like, ‘It's not me. It's somebody else. I need to get out of here and find them.’ She never said that. Not once,” Derkovic said.

Derkovic said she called investigators around Thanksgiving last year, because “it was the right thing to do” concerning the murder of a child. She insists she has no intention of asking for time off her 30-year sentence.

see and read more here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

While I personally am not thrilled with Belich's stories, I felt it had merit to post just in case it is true.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Jail "friend", 21-year-old Maya Derkovic, "Casey Used Chloroform" Empty Re: Jail "friend", 21-year-old Maya Derkovic, "Casey Used Chloroform"

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:45 am

Interesting. I wasn't believing Derkovic initially, but after the statements regarding not knowing how to pronounce chloroform and not really knowing what it was, I think she may be telling the truth. But then, it doesn't really say anything that wasn't already pretty much known, right? Although, probably provides more confirmation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Jail "friend", 21-year-old Maya Derkovic, "Casey Used Chloroform" Empty Re: Jail "friend", 21-year-old Maya Derkovic, "Casey Used Chloroform"

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:56 pm

[quote="WithPurpose"]Interesting. I wasn't believing Derkovic initially, but after the statements regarding not knowing how to pronounce chloroform [quote]

I viewed this completely opposite. If Derkovic was listening to Casey's story through an air vent, then she would know how to pronounce the word hearing it from Casey. If Derkovic was reading the word chloroform (maybe out of a newspaper or magazine) then she may pronounce it incorrectly.
I just don't really see Casey whispering her secrets to someone she can't see. What if she could be overheard by others, or her voice traveled on down the air vent to the adjacent cells? Would she really risk that to tell a stranger her story?
It just goes back to the question is Casey smartly clever or just plain dense?
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:25 pm

NiteSpinR wrote:
I viewed this completely opposite. If Derkovic was listening to Casey's story through an air vent, then she would know how to pronounce the word hearing it from Casey. If Derkovic was reading the word chloroform (maybe out of a newspaper or magazine) then she may pronounce it incorrectly.
I just don't really see Casey whispering her secrets to someone she can't see. What if she could be overheard by others, or her voice traveled on down the air vent to the adjacent cells? Would she really risk that to tell a stranger her story?
It just goes back to the question is Casey smartly clever or just plain dense?

Good point about the pronunciation. I don't see Casey as smartly clever or dense. I see her as so narcissistic that she could easily make a mistake in what she tells or doesn't tell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Chloroform searches on KCA's computer, RM's Myspace w/ pic of man using chloroform on woman, elevated chloroform levels in the car where baby was found dead, prosecution believing that duct tape was the method of death...and then saying she had to have been either "chemically" or physically restrained, dead baby, bottle with elevated levels of chloroform at the site of murdered body, KC's jailhouse letters...flow of thoughts...nothing held back. I so believe this jailbird.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Jail "friend", 21-year-old Maya Derkovic, "Casey Used Chloroform" Empty Casey Anthony Jail Confidant, Maya Dirkovik’s, Body Language

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:28 am

Casey Anthony Jail Confidant Maya Dirkovik’s Body Language Says She Is Truthful As She Reveals Information About Casey

Inmate Maya Dirkovik’s neck tattoo and skinny eyebrows may give her past away, that she was once a drug addicted gang member who at 17 choked a 15 year old to death. But after listening to this attractive young woman’s jailhouse interview with reporter Cathy Belich, one could never believe that this sweet sounding young lady once committed such a such a heinous crime.

In fact. midway through her interview Cathy Belich actually mentioned that she found it difficult to believe, after speaking to Maya that she actually murdered another person.

MAYA’S CREDIBILITY

While it is easy to want to dismiss inmate Maya Dirkovik’s c credibility because she is a convicted felon- a i a convicted murderer is not necessarily a liar.

In fact, Maya’s body language, speech and voice patterns show that she is very credible as she discusses her communication with Casey Anthony. She shows absolutely no signals of deception. She is open eyed, has steady and appropriate eye contact.

Her facial expressions are consistent with what she is saying. When she says things in the negative she appropriately shake her head “no” and when she says things in the affirmative she appropriately shakes her head “yes. ”

Her voice pattern is also very consistent with what she is saying and with her facial animation. She comes across as a person with nothing to lose, nothing to gain and nothing hide.

MAYA’S TURNED HER LIFE AROUND

What also adds to Maya’s credibility is how she apparently has turned her life around from a drug addicted 17 year old gang member who made the wrong choices. Her sincere feelings of remorse for strangling the 15 year old could be seen in her body language and in her facial expression. She talked about how she was haunted by what she did even found herself constantly doodling the girl’s name and obsessing about her until she came clean and admitted her guilt.

She showed a great deal of empathy as she spoke of how bad she felt for the girl’s mother and how she wondered what the girl would be like if she had lived and if she would have even forgiven her.

Now Maya has spoken to over 100 school aged children in the Scared Straight program.
In addition she spoke of her remorse at being a 13 year old runaway and had a great deal of empathy for her own mother and what she had to go through with her.

MAYA’S MOTIVATIONS FOR COMING FORWARD

Reporter Belich asked Maya if she thought that she had something to gain such as a reduced sentence by coming forward and talking about Casey Anthony. Maya confidently said she did not, and I believed what she said. She said she was happy to serve her 30 years and felt blessed that she did not get the death sentence.

She also said she came forth because she thought that it was the right thing to do, just like she thought it was the right thing to do when she turned herself in for the murder of the 15 year old girl.

She seemed haunted by Casey’s blank emotion. She also feels strongly about those who would harm a child and even used the word “despise” to illustrate how she feels about these type of people that hurt children and how these people are outcasts in prison. So she is willing to testify in court about her communication with Casey. She wanted to lead law enforcement “to the right way so that the baby can rest in peace.”

Maya said that when she came to prison, she called the prosecutor’s office and the Orlando homicide department. She then called 911 around Thanksgiving time in November where homicide in Orlando took information and came to see her. She mentioned that she had not asked for anything in return she had not called her called lawyer. All she asked for was to not get media attention as she felt that this would make her life difficult in prison. But since it did get to the media, she decided to speak to the media about what she knew.

Because Maya felt relief in coming clean about what she herself did and admitting her guilt, she thought that Casey might feel the same relief if she came clean and did the same thing by admitting her guilt, but this did not happen. In fact, several times throughout the interview Maya commented on how cold and mask like Casey’s facial appearance was and how she was not at all remorseful.

MAYA’S OBSERVATIONS ABOUT CASEY RING TRUE CONCERNING HER HER LACK OF TEARS AND COLDNESS

When Maya tells about how Casey didn’t cry when the Chaplin came into Casey’s cell to talk to her the night Caylee’s body was discovered, I believed what Maya was saying.

Maya also said how there was a coldness to Casey that put her off. She said she never saw remorse from Casey.

She also remarked how some of the other jail mates were mocking and yelling at Casey “Where’s Caylee? ” as Casey was being shackled. She shared Casey’s odd behavior of smiling at them as they said this. Most people Maya said would have shown upset about this, but not Casey.

We have all seen Casey’s non- tears in the courtroom. We have also seen her inappropriate constant smile in the courtroom that is highly disconcerting.

So Maya’s report is consistent with what we have seen first-hand.

MAYA’S OBSERVATIONS OF CASEY’S CONSTANT GROOMING

Another thing about Casey which we have all seen is her constant grooming in the courtroom where she fiddles with her hair and brushes off her clothing. We also saw this in her surveillance videos with the detectives and other law enforcement.

Maya mentioned how Casey would look in the mirror in her cell all the time and play with her hair.

MAYA’S OBSERVATIONS ABOUT CASEY’S SELF CENTEREDNESS

Maya mentioned how Casey asked her if someone would want to interview her and write a book about her when Maya mentioned that she was thinking about writing a book about her case. We can see that their conversation centered back on Casey, something we have all seen first-hand in her jailhouse interviews with her parents.

MAYA OBSERVES CASEY’S JEALOUSY OF CAYLEE

We have all seen Casey’s jealousy towards Caylee in the jailhouse tapes during her parent’s visit with her. When Cindy remarked how Caylee loved eggs and bagels, Casey said , I love eggs and bagels too, what about me. She also stated at one point “ I am Caylee.”

So when Maya told Kathy Bellich how she once told Casey that she thought Caylee was pretty, it was no surprise to me to hear that Casey said “ What about me?” This comment not only spoke volumes about Casey’s narcissism but also to her jealousy towards Caylee and her motive for killing the little girl.

MAYA’S DISCUSSION OF HOW CASEY HATED HER MOTHER CINDY

Maya also gave her impression with regard to Casey’s relationship with Cindy. She said that Casey hated her mother and constamtly called her mother names . She spoke of how Casey said that Cindy said Casey was an unfit mother because she liked to drink and party and had different guys around the baby. Maya also told of how Casey did not like leaving Caylee with her mother.

We saw up close and personal via the jailhouse tapes of how Casey had issues with Cindy, There was tension between the two and we also saw how when Cindy was crying, Casey was laughing at her sadistically. She seemed to enjoy seeing her mother in emotional pain.
She also said that Casey never said that her father or brother molested her and only spoke well of them.

CASEY’S LIES

When it was believed that Caylee was kidnapped, Maya mentioned that Casey told her three separate lies. First She said that the babysitter took Caylee. Then she said that the babysitter came to her house to babysit Caylee and took her. Next she told Maya that the babysitter left a note saying she took Caylee.

So Maya’s hearing Casey’s constant lies is something we all heard from Casey. All Casey has been doing is lying to everyone. So her continuing to lie to her fellow inmates is not surprising.

MAYA’S MESSAGE TO CASEY

Maya’s message to Casey was that she come forward. She said that it’s not the mistake you make, it’s what you do afterwards and not cooperating is no good. She also said that coming to prison with a charge like that is not the best thing.

BOTTOM LINE IS THAT MAYA WILL BE WELL RECEIVED BY A JURY

The bottom line is that Maya does look and sound credible body language wise . She will be very well received by the jury in my view no matter how hard the defense tries to impeach her. She is solid and unwavering and is remorseful for what she had done at the age of 17 when as a drug addicted gang member she strangled a 15 year old girl. It will come through as she speaks.

The fact that she had nothing to gain by coming clean with the exception of a clean conscience and her being on the right road to do the right thing will also sit well with jurors. They will be more open minded to hearing about what Casey told her and they will believe what she says.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:15 am

And...Maya's life will more than likely be made harder for her in prison by her fellow inmates...she will be known as the "rat".
Good for this girl...sounds like she is remorseful and is trying to do the right thing.
I believe her.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down