Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14 year old boy accidently shoots best friend, Daniel Torres, 13, in the head

Go down

14 year old boy accidently shoots best friend, Daniel Torres, 13, in the head Empty 14 year old boy accidently shoots best friend, Daniel Torres, 13, in the head

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 01, 2010 3:13 pm

911 Call: 'I Just Shot My Best Friend On Accident'
Hollywood Teen Dies After Accidental Shooting

POSTED: Friday, April 30, 2010
UPDATED: 5:28 pm EDT April 30, 2010
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Daniel Torres

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. -- Police released on Friday a 911 call from a 14-year-old boy who told the dispatcher that he accidentally shot his friend in the head at a Hollywood home.

Hollywood police said the 14-year-old boy accidentally shot 13-year-old Daniel Torres at a home in the 1300 block of North 73rd Way on Wednesday. Torres was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Listen: 911 Call (Warning: May Be Disturbing)

The 14-year-old boy can be heard in a 911 call recording, reporting the shooting to authorities.

"I just shot my best friend on accident. Oh my God!" the 14-year-old boy told a 911 dispatcher.

"Is your friend still alive?" the dispatcher asked.

"No, he's dead. I shot him in the head on accident," the boy said, crying.

The boy went on to describe to the dispatcher what had happened.

"My mom has a gun and we were messing with it, and we took out the clip and we took out all the bullets, and Daniel was messing with it," What the hell is wrong with parents who keep loaded guns w/in reach of their kids?? the boy said. "I said, 'Give me the gun,' and then I pulled the trigger to see if there was a bullet in there, and I shot him. … He walked in front of me when I pulled the trigger."

No charges have been filed in the case. The investigation continues.

The State of Florida has a law requiring the safe storage of firearms away from children. To read the entire statute, visit the Florida Legislature's website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

IMO, the mother should be arrested for negligence. If I were Daniel's parents, sorry to say this...but I would probably make life complete hell for her!!! There is simply NO excuse for this poor boy - who had his entire life in front of him - dead!! crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down