JUDGE PERRY has RULES!/The defense has filed a 10 page objection to Judge Strickland's recusal!/ Three Hearings Scheduled In Anthony Case over the next week

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal JUDGE PERRY has RULES!/The defense has filed a 10 page objection to Judge Strickland's recusal!/ Three Hearings Scheduled In Anthony Case over the next week

Post by Nama on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:28 pm

ORDER SETTING CASE MANAGEMENT HEARING

WRITTEN BY: Belvin Perry, Jr.
Chief Judge

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by BJ in OR on Thu May 06, 2010 9:49 am; edited 4 times in total

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: JUDGE PERRY has RULES!/The defense has filed a 10 page objection to Judge Strickland's recusal!/ Three Hearings Scheduled In Anthony Case over the next week

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:34 pm

#15 no gum chewing
I hope this Judge actually enforces the rules that Strickland was to relaxed about.
April 30th, I have my calendar marked.

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: JUDGE PERRY has RULES!/The defense has filed a 10 page objection to Judge Strickland's recusal!/ Three Hearings Scheduled In Anthony Case over the next week

Post by lisette on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:35 pm

"NO GUM CHEWING" I love it! This is a NO-NONSENSE judge, and that's all Bozo is: NONSENSE :celebration:
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:51 pm

What I want to know is it the court who decided on the death penalty? If it is changed to life in prison will the trial be simplified by that alone? If I had to sit on a death penalty jury it would be a lot harder for me due to my beliefs.

Back to top Go down

Normal HEARING IN ANTHONY CASE SET FOR APRIL 30TH 9:30AM BY NEW JUDGE PERRY

Post by artgal16 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:43 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The new judge assigned to the Casey Anthony case has ordered a management hearing for April 30 at 9:30am, according to a document (read order) released Thursday.

Chief Judge Belvin Perry has taken over after Judge Stan Strickland recused himself from the case Monday. Council for the state and the defense will discuss pretrial and trial dates, motion deadlines, scheduling and completion of depositions, along with other topics

Chief Judge Belvin Perry also sent out an administrative order (read) on courtroom behavior and decorum. The order specifies how anyone in the court must act while Judge Perry is presiding.

Judge Belvin Perry
Chief Perry is the go-to judge for problematic criminal cases in Orange and Osceola counties and Casey's case has become one.

Judge Perry has an extraordinary record; almost always, what he says goes. He has been chief judge for almost 13 years. Over the last ten years, in the many criminal cases he's heard, some of which have been death penalty cases, only one of his rulings was partially overturned by a higher court.

Judge Perry has been on the bench in Central Florida for 21 years.

ANALYSIS: NEW CASEY JUDGE “SETS TONE OF AUTHORITY”

WFTV went digging into past cases and found the judge who's now presiding over the Casey Anthony case has a great track record when it comes to appeals. Chief Judge Belvin Perry has taken over after Judge Stan Strickland recused himself from the case Monday.

Chief Perry is the go-to judge for problematic criminal cases in Orange and Osceola counties and Casey's case has become one. Judge Perry has an extraordinary record; almost always, what he says goes.

Circuit Judge Perry has been chief judge for almost 13 years. Over the last ten years, in the many criminal cases he's heard, some of which have been death penalty cases, only one of his rulings was partially overturned by a higher court.

WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer says that's a phenomenal record

“The likelihood that Judge Perry will either allow a mistake to happen or be drawn into committing some reversible error himself is slight,” Sheaffer said (watch full interview).

Chief Judge Perry gets the tough ones. He's taken over the Casey Anthony murder case 20 months into it. There are almost 14,000 pages worth of evidence so far.

Perry took over the case involving a homeless man's murder after another judge allowed the suspect to get out of jail on bond. He's heard numerous death penalty cases. Last year, he sent two young men to prison for the rest of their lives for murdering Orlando police officer Al Gordon.

Perry, a former prosecutor and the son of an Orlando police officer, is respected by prosecutors and defense attorneys and, Sheaffer said, Perry's no-nonsense approach could change the tone of Casey's case.

“He sets a tone of authority in his courtroom. No one ever questions who's in charge once you walk into Judge Perry's courtroom,” Sheaffer said.

Sheaffer expects Judge Perry to tighten up the proceedings. He remembers Perry once cutting off a wordy lawyer in court by saying, ‘Don't give me the whole bushel of oysters, just give me the pearls.”

Subtle humor, but Perry made his point.

READ THE ORDER HERE:

SOURCE HERE:
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Check out page 6 of 7 of the order and rules of conduct NO GUM CHEWING - ARE YOU LISTENING CINDY AND GEORGE!
Last hearing both of them chewed gum right in Stricklands face after he issued his order in the previous hearing and he didnt call them out for it.
I think they will find that Judge Perry will!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:10 pm

This sounds like it may be a very good thing that has happened to result in Judge Perry. I wonder if the defense is saying "What the heck did we do to ourselves?" Now watch the A's claim the defense team did this on purpose because they wanted Casey to fry.

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Oh, I will get up early to hear this one! 6:30 am
for me in California but I wouldnt miss this for the world!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiinTx on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:45 pm

LM, I think the prosecuting attorneys filed for death, but I definitely could be wrong. And I do know (I think!) that they weed out jurors who are hesitant on giving the death penalty for a death penalty trial.
NikkiinTx

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:21 pm

I am wondering if Judge Strickland ever had administrative orders in place as Judge Perry does.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:39 pm

New Anthony Judge Calls For Hearing
Belvin Perry Takes Case Over From Stan Strickland

POSTED: Thursday, April 22, 2010
UPDATED: 6:30 pm EDT April 22, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony is set to make her first appearance before a new judge next week.

READ: Judge's Order For Hearing
VIDEO: Casey Anthony

Judge Belvin Perry has called for a case management hearing on April 30. Perry took over the case from Judge Stan Strickland after the defense filed a motion asking that Strickland be disqualified over a friendship with a blogger. Strickland recused himself earlier this week.

The hearing will be an opportunity for Perry to call all the attorneys together to make sure he has all the information he needs to get up to speed on the case.

Meanwhile, a new batch of public records related to the case is expected to be released on Friday by the state attorney's office.

The release is expected to include police evidence logs, which may have already been released in a digital format.

Friday's release is also expected to contain witness interviews, but the state attorney's office has not specified who the interviews are with.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Anthony.

Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008. Her remains were found in December 2008 in a wooded area near the Anthony family's east Orange County home.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail on no bond.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Judge Belvin Perry

Post by Nama on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:47 am

quote "JUDGE PERRY has RULES!"

breathlessly anticipating the moment when this becomes FACT and not Hearsay!

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Normal Caylee/Casey Anthony Case: Is Jose Baez Out or Just Vacay?

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:14 am

Posted by Blink | Casey Anthony, Caylee Anthony Case, Jose Baez, Todd Macaluso | Monday 26 April 2010 2:48 pm

Orlando, FL– Following a Thursday afternoon request for a status meeting request by newly self-appointed-by-way-of recusal, Chief Judge Belvin Perry, Jose Baez filed a notice of unavailability to the 9th Circuit court.

In fact, he filed notices of unavailability in every case he has on the docket.

Jose-casey-and-todd-macaluso

Unconfirmed rumors are swirling in abundance today that the Florida Bar Association has finally decided to intervene.

In a conversation with a representative with the FBA this afternoon, blinkoncrime.com was able to learn that if there is a newly filed complaint against Mr. Baez, they would not be able to confirm or deny that information publicly until such time as it reached a “probable cause for investigation status.”

This comes on the heels of former Anthony defense attorney Todd Macaluso’s REMOVAL from the California Bar, effective today.

It is also noteworthy that recent follow up motions by the defense that were sent to a media outlet in error, prior to their filing, have in fact, not been filed with the court to date.

Did J. Cheney Mason due his diligence and discover discovery he was not aware of?

Did the long alleged dissention in the ranks result in Jose Baez leaving the practice of law?

UPDATE:

Late this afternoon, blinkoncrime.com was able to confirm Jose Baez WILL be in attendance this Friday for the management hearing, but will be unavailable for 11 days in June.

Apparently someone has given him the heads up that saying you don’t keep track of your billable hours and then billing clients when your not actually is available is a no no.

Check back to blinkoncrime.com for the developing details.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:41 am

IOW, now that he has Cheney, he w/not be appearing. That is how I read it anyway.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:53 am

lindamarie wrote:Well that article is about as clear as mud to me.

That's how I felt when I read it. Lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:19 am

i hope this change is for the best..
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Normal The TV Guy

Post by Nama on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:44 pm

Next in the Casey Anthony case: a much-anticipated hearing Friday with the new judge.

“Sources telling WESH2 [that] e-mails and communication between the state and the defense have already picked up significantly since Judge Belvin Perry replaced Judge Stan Strickland,” WESH anchor Martha Sugalski said tonight.

The state and the defense have met once in anticipation of the hearing, WESH’s Bob Kealing reported.

Kealing noted with Perry in charge there is a new emphasis on deadlines, speed, court decorum and avoidance of disparaging personal remarks.

“Certainly we have seen Jose Baez and prosecutor Jeff Ashton mix it up a little bit,” Kealing said. “We suspect those days are now over.”

In a later report, Kealing showed how Perry reacted strictly in sentencing a murderer who refused to cooperate with authorities. “You will never, never walk this Earth again as a free man,” Perry told the young man.

“Attorneys expect Perry to bring that same tough-as-nails, but-fair-to-both-sides attitude to the case against Casey Anthony,” Kealing said.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

WFTV-Channel 9 offered a short reminder about the status hearing at 9:30 a.m. Friday. WFTV promised live coverage on their Web sites.

WESH said it will offer coverage on its Web site and on the air. The station will cut into “Live With Regis and Kelly” and stick with the hearing depending on what unfolds.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:54 pm

And I will be up at the crack of dawn in California
to watch!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:36 pm

artgal16 wrote:And I will be up at the crack of dawn in California
to watch!

I will be at work. Please blog to me what is going on. I have visual and no audio.

The station will cut into “Live With Regis and Kelly” and stick with the hearing depending on what unfolds.

omg There they go making KC a star again.

wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:45 pm

I just realized that is tomorrow. Have you noticed a lot of the court hearings are done on Friday's? You all on the West coast w/have to get up w/the chickens! I wouldn't miss this for all the tea in China. WHY would they cut into "Live w/Regis and Kelly"?? They must mean locally, not all of NBC.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I just realized that is tomorrow. Have you noticed a lot of the court hearings are done on Friday's? You all on the West coast w/have to get up w/the chickens! I wouldn't miss this for all the tea in China. WHY would they cut into "Live w/Regis and Kelly"?? They must mean locally, not all of NBC.

One could only hope. :thanks: for the reminder BJ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:10 am

True TV w/Jean Casarus is already discussing what will happen in the courtroom this morning. Marinade Dave is being interviewed right now.

You can watch it there or on the following station which is already live streaming:

Please use this thread to blog about it.

:thanks:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:25 am

Oh No!! Not the Marinader...
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:40 am

I think it's cause you are on Internet Explorer. head bang

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:42 am

LM, Judge Perry is asking how the deposing of witnesses is going. Baez is saying he is not happy with Oakridge Labs. Baez is saying the testing is not completed and basically rambling. I am waiting for him to get a dose of Judge Perry. frying pan

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks I am watching but darn it I have no speakers at work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:46 am

Now, he is talking about a budget hearing for the defense. Baez says Strickland give them until June or July. Judge Perry is saying this needs to be done "like yesterday." Baez is throwing out names and Perry is saying he doesn't need to know names, he just needs to know costs. Baez is wondering if this hearing w/be held in front of a camera. Perry is asking what he (Baez) is doing next Thur, May 6th. Baez says he will be appearing in front of "your honor". Perry is saying he is Baez's all day long on the 6th. LOL. Baez wants to consult with his counsel.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:49 am

Linda Drane Burdick is saying there are defense witnesses not listed on the state's dockets and the "other defense lawyers" have scheduling matters or don't want to.

Perry is saying he will keep track of who is supposed to be deposed and why they don't show up at depositions and he will not take an excuse that they didn't show up and it delays the court. LOL. Loving it.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:56 am

Baez is talking about the infamous records from Texas Equasearch. Baez says they will AGAIN, be seeking to modify the order basically because they were unable to accomplish what they wanted to. la la la

Now, he is talking about discovery a year ago w/latent prints taken from a vehicle and there are a handful of them, 3 to 5 motions, excluding the DP motion that need to be remanded.

Perry is asking how many motions does he have pending that have a "right to be heard". Bozo is bla bla bla'ing.

The State says it is not their intention to respond in writing when they have to come to court and respond anyway. May 10, 11, 12, 13 and morning of 14th to hear motions. LOL.

LDB is saying there are 7 motions outstanding by the defense, including change of venue. Perry is saying they are going to talk about change of venue in a minute.

There is much to listen to. This is just the basics.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:59 am

Non death penalty motions May 10th. Lyons is on the phone. Lyons is available the 11th and 12th to hear the DP motions, depending on how many he has for the 10th.

OMG, this Judge wants all this taken care of now. :celebration:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:02 am

Huge difference in attitude in this hearing. First of all the Ants are chewing gum! There is no sniping back and forth by the attorneys. I didnt realize how lax Strickland was until seeing Judge Perry in action.
He keeps in moving!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:02 am

Prosecution wants the jury sequestered!
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:04 am

LDB is saying she objects to the change of venue to specific locations and they would oppose that.

Baez is saying he has a difference of opinion. Perry is saying the case has received wide spread publicity and saying it w/be difficult to unbiased jury. They are discussing sequestering the jury. Baez is saying he and the State have a difference of opinion but is not saying what it is. Basically, he is talking out of his ass.

Perry says the trial w/be held in Orange County with a jury picked "somewhere else." He is talking about housing the witnesses and jury and is quite expensive.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:05 am

First of all the Ants are chewing gum!

They ARE?????????????

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:07 am

Also looks like a change of venue will happen
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:07 am

Now, he is talking about the "traveling media". LOL. Like the traveling circus.

Perry says once he grants the change of venue, the location w/NOT be disclosed until the last possible minute.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:13 am

Casey looking straight ahead - not even pretending to write anything this time
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:13 am

Cindy crying at the possibility of a guilty verdict in relation to how long to plead from both sides in the event of a guilty verdict.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:16 am

Perry is asking LDB how long it will take the State of Florida to state it's case in chief. He said they will work 5 days a week and on Saturday's from 9 to 1. WOW!!! He said IF they sequester them, they will be in a hotel. He will give a list of DVD movies that the jury can decide on..movies, games, etc. They w/NOT be allowed to watch tv.

Perry is leaving NO stone unturned.

Baez is saying it would take six weeks for the trial. Perry wants to know how long it will take the defense case. Now Baez is saying two months total. Perry is saying, NOT total time but the defense only. Baez is still saying two months.

Perry is asking IF Casey is found guilty, what is the estimate of penalty phase. The state said "one day". LOL. Baez is saying five days. Lyons is on the phone. Now, the court clerk is asking Lyons over the phone..she is saying three to five days.

Perry is summing it all up. Four to six weeks and IF necessary, penalty phase..another week.

Now, the State is asking if the trial date is still May 11, 2011. Perry is saying he would like to do it sooner. He said his only concern is memory dependent and unfortunately, memories diminish after periods of time and he will think about it, he is inclined to stick w/the same schedule but once he orders it, they w/be stuck with it. Status hearings every 45 days to make sure they are following the schedule.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:17 am

artgal16 wrote:Cindy crying at the possibility of a guilty verdict in relation to how long to plead from both sides in the event of a guilty verdict.

What? I don't understand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:18 am

Now, the judge is saying he wants to start May 2 and Lyons daughter is graduating college that day so they cannot start the trial then. head bang

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:21 am

Leaving it at May 9th.

State is now talking about penalty phase witnesses and Lyons has filed a motion to excempt penalty phase witnesses.

Lots of scheduled hearings in May. LOL. Loving it. Casey better get her "wardrobe" together.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:22 am

Wow, Cindy mouthing "I love you". la la la

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum