The Faith-Based Militia: When is Terrorism 'Christian'?‎/ Car Bomb Found in NYC's Times Square/ 5-7 Times Square suspicious package cleared by NYPD

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal The Faith-Based Militia: When is Terrorism 'Christian'?‎/ Car Bomb Found in NYC's Times Square/ 5-7 Times Square suspicious package cleared by NYPD

Post by TerryRose on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:37 pm

I posted yesterday about the raids in several states of the loosely called Christian militia. The FBI was after specific people and have arrested them. In the name of Christ, they intend to kill cops, overthrow our government and are willing to kill anyone that doesn't agree with them. The numbers of these militias have grown from 200 to 500 groups since Obama got elected.

One of the accused's wife was interviewed at the door of their trailer and she said she thinks they have the wrong man because her husband HAS NO RELIGIOUS BELIEFS AT ALL!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Video Link----
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Men Arrested in Three-State Militia Member Raid&flvUri=&partnerclipid=
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: The Faith-Based Militia: When is Terrorism 'Christian'?‎/ Car Bomb Found in NYC's Times Square/ 5-7 Times Square suspicious package cleared by NYPD

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:47 pm

This is ridiculous. Change or no change, no matter what your personal political views are..there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for this.

These people are ignorant for lack of a better word.

Thanks for posting this, TR! We need to keep apprised now that Obama passed the health care bill, how people are responding to it.

As long as we keep this civil and agree to disagree, I think it's okay to discuss. :study:

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: The Faith-Based Militia: When is Terrorism 'Christian'?‎/ Car Bomb Found in NYC's Times Square/ 5-7 Times Square suspicious package cleared by NYPD

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:25 pm

There is a troubling trend in all of this. A recent study shows the number of active militia's in the U.S. Has gone from less than 200 to more than 500 since President Barack Obama took office.

When I first realized that Obama could be elected I had a feeling come over me that he might be assassinated by haters and murderers. TR thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. I had no idea this was going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:35 pm

Christian militia accused of plotting to kill cops

9 Christian militia members charged in anti-government plot AFP/File – Two Detroit city police officers on horses wait outside the Federal Courthouse. Nine members of a radical …

By COREY WILLIAMS and DEVLIN BARRETT, Associated Press Writers Corey Williams And Devlin Barrett, Associated Press Writers – 43 mins ago

DETROIT – Nine alleged members of a Christian militia group that was girding for battle with the Antichrist were charged Monday with plotting to kill a police officer and slaughter scores more by bombing the funeral — all in hopes of touching off an uprising against the U.S. government.

Seven men and one woman believed to be part of the Michigan-based Hutaree were arrested over the weekend in raids in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, and another was still being sought.

FBI agents moved quickly against Hutaree because its members were planning an attack sometime in April, prosecutors said. Authorities seized guns in the raids but would not say whether they found any explosives.

The arrests have dealt "a severe blow to a dangerous organization that today stands accused of conspiring to levy war against the United States," Attorney General Eric Holder said.

Authorities said the arrests underscored the dangers of homegrown right-wing extremism of the sort seen in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing that killed 168 people.

In an indictment unsealed Monday, prosecutors said the group began military-style training in the Michigan woods in 2008, learning how to shoot guns and make and set off bombs.

David Brian Stone, 44, of Clayton, Mich., and one of his sons were identified as the ringleaders of the group. Stone, who was known as "Captain Hutaree," organized the group in paramilitary fashion and members were assigned secret names, prosecutors said. Ranks ranged from "radoks" to "gunners," according to the group's Web site.

"It started out as a Christian thing," Stone's ex-wife, Donna Stone, told The Associated Press. "You go to church. You pray. You take care of your family. I think David started to take it a little too far."

Donna Stone said her ex-husband pulled her son into the movement. Another of Stone's sons also was charged and still was being sought.

FBI and police surrounded a rural area Monday about 30 miles from the site of raid in Michigan and were using a nearby church as a staging area, but wouldn't say whether their search was related to the weekend raids. Authorities arrived at Wheatland Church on Sunday night and were focusing on a trailer about a mile away, said Irene Wonders, wife of the church's pastor.

Prosecutors said David Stone had identified certain law enforcement officers near his home as potential targets. He and other members discussed setting off bombs at a police funeral, using a fake 911 call to lure an officer to his death, killing an officer after a traffic stop, or attacking the family of an officer, according to the indictment.

After such attacks, the group allegedly planned to retreat to "rally points" protected by trip-wired explosives for a violent standoff with the law.

"It is believed by the Hutaree that this engagement would then serve as a catalyst for a more widespread uprising against the government," the indictment said.

The charges against the eight include seditious conspiracy — plotting to levy war against the U.S. — possessing a firearm during a crime of violence, teaching the use of explosives, and attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction — homemade bombs. The defendants were jailed, awaiting bail hearings Wednesday.

Hutaree says on its Web site its name means "Christian warrior" and describes the word as part of a secret language that few are privileged to know. The group quotes several Bible passages and declares: "We believe that one day, as prophecy says, there will be an Anti-Christ. ... Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment."

The nature of the organization's alleged grudge against law enforcement and the government was unclear. The Web site does not list any specific grievances.

The site features a picture of 17 men in camouflage, all holding large guns, and includes videos of armed men running through the woods. Each wears a shoulder patch that bears a cross and two red spears.

David Cid, executive director of the Oklahoma City-based Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism, said there has been a resurgence in the past year or two of "domestic militancy" similar to what was seen before the Oklahoma City bombing.

"It's issues like eminent domain and immigration, and apparently national health care in some quarters," said Cid, a former FBI counterterrorism agent. "It's increasing these people's ire and their discomfort with their own government."

The wife of one of the defendants described Hutaree as a small group of patriotic, Christian buddies who were just doing survival training.

"It consisted of a dad and two of his sons and I think just a couple other close friends of theirs," said Kelly Sickles, who husband, Kristopher, was among those charged. "It was supposed to be a Christian group. Christ-like, right, so why would you think that's something wrong with that, right?"

Sickles said she came home Saturday night to find her house in Sandusky, Ohio, in disarray. Agents seized the guns her husband collected as a hobby and searched for bomb-making materials, she said, but added: "He doesn't even know how to make a bomb. We had no bomb material here."

She said she couldn't believe her 27-year-old husband could be involved in anything violent.

"It was just survival skills," she said. "That's what they were learning. And it's just patriotism. It's in our Constitution."

One of the defendants expressed anti-tax views during his Monday court hearing.

Thomas W. Piatek, a truck driver from Whiting, Ind., told a federal judge he could not afford an attorney because he was "getting raped on property taxes."

The mother of another defendant, 33-year-old Jacob Ward, told police in Huron, Ohio, last summer that family members took away his two guns — an AK-47 rifle and a semiautomatic pistol — because she thought he needed mental health treatment.

Ward told police that he needed to protect himself from members of a crime family that was keeping him from his girlfried, according to Huron police records obtained by the AP. He also said he was going to meet with the CIA.

Seven of the defendants in court in Michigan asked to be represented by public defenders. The eighth had a public defender appointed in Indiana.

This is truly unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:32 am

I think there is more anti-government groups out there. The FBI moved really quick on this group.

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:01 am

This went down thanks to an FBI agent who infiltrated this group. Now the charges will have to be proven in the court of law.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:46 am

I hate that they use "Christian" as part of their name...They are as far from being Christian in their attitudes and actions as you can be! Can you imagine Christ thinking and acting the way they do? It breaks my heart that they blaspheme His name in this way crying
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:17 pm

lisette wrote:I hate that they use "Christian" as part of their name...They are as far from being Christian in their attitudes and actions as you can be! Can you imagine Christ thinking and acting the way they do? It breaks my heart that they blaspheme His name in this way crying

Amen to what you wrote, lisette! They are hypocrits, and those that use His name in politics to get the Christians to vote for them are the same thing, hypocrits! They don't know the same Jesus that I do, they don't know the same God that I know---it disgusts me what evil is done in His name! Someday all such people will face Him and they will say "Did I not destroy demons in Your name?" and He will reply "Begone from me, you workers of iniquity, I have never known you". I am not well versed on the Bible, so excuse me if my quotes are not exact, but this is what comes to mind when I hear these people in the news. Another one is "wolves in sheep's clothing". You touched a nerve with me today----I have strong feelings about how God is being used these days for selfish, political, and nefarious purposes.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Normal Feds Say Militia Leader Told Members "BE READY TO KILL"

Post by NiteSpinR on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:54 am

Apr 16, 10:12 PM EDT

DETROIT (AP) -- The leader of a Christian militia planned an elaborate, two-part training session for this month and told members it was OK to kill "anyone who might stumble upon the operation," federal prosecutors wrote in a court filing Friday.

Details about the Hutaree's planned training session - to be held during the second and fourth Saturdays in April - were revealed in a 17-page document prosecutors filed in response to a defense motion to free Hutaree leader David Stone while he awaits trial.

It, along with several other government filings over the past week, help paint a fuller picture of the southern Michigan-based group's make-up and activities.

Stone and eight other suspected Hutaree members were arrested after a series of raids across the Midwest late last month and charged with seditious conspiracy, or plotting to levy war against the U.S. The self-proclaimed "Christian warriors" trained in paramilitary techniques in preparation for a battle against the Antichrist.

Friday's filing included a transcript of remarks Stone allegedly made during a January briefing on the planned operation.

According to the filing, Stone told other Hutaree members that "we are going locked and loaded."

"If you're made, somebody comes tripping along, they just happen to see you, we're gonna handle it as a hostile situation," Stone said. "That means you put them on the ground."

Andrew Arena, the head of the FBI in Detroit, has said his office felt compelled to arrest the nine suspects before the April training session because of the potential for violence.

Stone's lawyer, William Swor, said he hadn't seen the latest filing but doesn't see any reason why his client should be jailed.

"The government hasn't proved that he shouldn't be free," Swor said.

Prosecutors claim Stone and the others plotted mass killings of police as a prelude to a larger war against the government. In Friday's filing and others that trickled out over the past week, they described several ways in which Hutaree members considered killing law enforcement personnel.

According to one scenario, they would place a phony 911 call, kill responding police officers, then set off a bomb at the ensuing funeral to kill many more.

In another, Friday's filing said, Hutaree members talked about "torching the homes of police officers and then shooting them and their families as they fled their burning homes."

Swor and other defense attorneys in the case have argued their clients are protected by a right to free speech.

A federal magistrate judge in Detroit has ordered eight of the suspects to remain locked up until trial.

A ninth suspect, Thomas Piatek, of Whiting, Ind., was ordered held by a judge in Indiana but recently transported to Michigan.

Piatek appeared in court Thursday and a not-guilty plea was entered.

U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts has set an April 27 hearing to consider appeals of the detention orders, but the date could change because of a scheduling conflict with one of the prosecutors.

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:57 am

This combo of eight photos provided by the U.S. Marshals Service on Monday March 29, 2010 shows from top left, David Brian Stone Sr., 44, of Clayton, Mich,; David Brian Stone Jr. of Adrian, Mich,; Jacob Ward, 33, of Huron, Ohio; Tina Mae Stone and bottom row from left, Michael David Meeks, 40, of Manchester, Mich,; Kristopher T. Sickles, 27, of Sandusky, Ohio; Joshua John Clough, 28, of Blissfield, Mich.; and Thomas William Piatek, 46, of Whiting, Ind. Search warrant records show federal agents seized gas masks, hand grenade instructions, guns, knives, a container of potassium chlorate and dozens of other items during a raid at the home of David Brian Stone Sr., the suspected leader of a Christian militia based in southern Michigan. The raid at David Stone's trailer home in Lenawee County was one of residences searched during a 4½-hour span in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana on the night of March 27. (AP Photo/U.S. Marshals Service, File)

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:44 am

I think there are kind of groups like this that have not been caught. It is bad enough we have to worry about terrorist from other countries now we have American terrorist to worry about. We need to bring back the firing squads and get rid of terrorist so we can live in peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:55 pm

According to one scenario, they would place a phony 911 call, kill responding police officers, then set off a bomb at the ensuing funeral to kill many more.

In another, Friday's filing said, Hutaree members talked about "torching the homes of police officers and then shooting them and their families as they fled their burning homes."
It reminds me of the KKK. Instead of shooting/maiming/torturing African American's and Jews, these idiots want to take down police officers.

I would guarantee you All probably have rap sheets, found The Lord in prison and are out for blood.

Thank goodness the FBI was on to them; however, I have to agree with you, Linda Marie. There are many groups out there that haven't been caught yet.

Nitespinner, thank you for posting this.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Suspected Car Bomb Found in NYC's Times Square

Post by Nama on Sun May 02, 2010 12:55 am

Saturday, May 1 at New York time 11:30 pm the Reuters reported that according to a New York fire department source, flammable materials including 3 propane tanks, gasoline, black powder and 'burned wires' have been found in the car within the Times Square.

Subsequently, the entire Times Square area which includes the area from the 47th street to 48th street has been blocked and cordoned.

A car fire is said to have started around 9:30 pm in an SUV that was parked on 45th street, west of Broadway. It's been reported that the vehicle, whose license plates didn't match the car was driven into Times Square with its lights flashing and then abandoned by the driver. It's also said to have had a suspicious package in the back seat, which is now reported to be containing propane and/or black powder.

Even at 12 midnight Times Square is still closed and multiple news sources are reporting that indeed propane tanks and black powder was found in the vehicle which explains why streets have not been re-opened.

Last edited by BJ in OR on Sun May 02, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun May 02, 2010 1:07 am

The license plates don't match the vehicle ID.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun May 02, 2010 1:30 am

It's all over CNN Live. Mayor, Michael Bloomberg, speaking right now. They have no idea who drove the car or when they left the car. They have no VIN# - they have no idea who did this or why. 3 propane tanks and 2 gallons of gasoline in the car.

He says they have been in touch w/The White House and the CIA. You can tell Bloomberg is extremely testy. It's 2:30 am EST in NYC.

Thank God no one was hurt!!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal NYC Mayor Says the SUV Found in Times Square Had 'Bomb-Making Material'!!!!

Post by NiteSpinR on Sun May 02, 2010 2:32 am

May 2, 2010 3:13 a.m. EDT

The Nissan Pathfinder that prompted police to close off parts of New York's Times Square contained bomb-making materials, the city's mayor said.

"There were gas cans and bomb making materials in the car," Mayor Michael Bloomberg told reporters early Sunday morning. "Who abandoned the car and why are under investigation."

Authorities also found three propane tanks, batteries, consumer-grade fireworks and a locked metal box that resembled a gun locker in the vehicle.

The wiring around the device "was nothing that looked amateurish," Bloomberg said. "It certainly could have exploded and caused a pretty big fire and a decent amount of explosive impact."

iReport: Are you there? Share pics, videos

Officials said authorities are going through video from dozens of surveillance cameras in the area.

Authorities interviewed the person who owned the truck that originally bore the license plate found on the Pathfinder.

He told investigators he took the truck to a junkyard. Detectives were trying to find the owner of the junkyard.

The mayor said authorities did not have reason to believe the truck owner "had anything to do with it or his story is false."

The shutdown began Saturday when a street vendor saw smoke coming from a box inside a vehicle with Connecticut plates on 45th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues. The vendor notified a mounted New York police officer, who smelled gunpowder from the vehicle.

A robot from the city police department's bomb squad was in the process of taking the box out of the back seat of the vehicle.

The FBI was on the scene as part of the Joint Terrorism Task Force, with a spokesman telling CNN the agency was taking the situation "very seriously" and that the situation was still being sorted out.

The Department of Homeland Security said it was monitoring the developments. President Obama, who was updated on the situation late Saturday night, said the federal government was prepared to provide support.

Hotels and restaurants were on lockdown and several blocks around Times Square, an iconic landmark popular with tourists, closed to pedestrian and car traffic.

The Marriott Marquis hotel wasn't allowing anyone to enter or leave the hotel Saturday night, and at least one nearby restaurant, TGI Friday's, closed to customers and evacuated staff.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Sun May 02, 2010 11:05 am

"NYC Mayor Says the SUV Found in Times Square Had 'Bomb-Making Material'!!!!"

Does anything indicate that this crime was committed or planned by a Christian Militia? Or perhaps this would belong on a general non-specific national Terrorism thread? In any event, I hope they find out who is responsible and get them put away behind bars.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose on Sun May 02, 2010 11:08 am

Yes, thank God it failed to detonate and that they discovered it in time to disarm it.
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Normal Top Republican: NYC car bomb could have been related to 'South Park' controversy

Post by Nama on Sun May 02, 2010 11:18 am

A top House Republican said Sunday that an attempted car bombing in New York City might have been tied to a controversial episode of "South Park."

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), the ranking member of the House Homeland Security Committee, said that a car bomb found Saturday night in Times Square might have been the work of Islamic extremists who were upset over an episode of the Comedy Central series that attempted to depict the prophet Muhammad.

"It's one possibility out of 100, but this vehicle was close to a Viacom building, which owns MTV and Comedy Central," King said Sunday during an appearance on CNN. "And you have the whole issue with 'South Park,' which Islamic terrorists were threatening to have retribution for. So all of these things have to be looked at."

Two episodes of "South Park" sought to depict the Islamic prophet, retreading a similar attempt several years ago, but was censored by Comedy Central for broadcast. The show's creators sought to show an uncensored version online, but were not allowed.

The network censored the broadcast out of security concerns after "Revolution Muslim," an Islamic group based in New York, had threatened retribution over the episode.

Islamic law prohibits depictions of the prophet. Depictions of the prophet in Dutch newspapers sparked riots several years ago, and Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh was murdered in 2004 for having produced a documentary that was critical of Muslims.

King said he expected the investigation into the car bomb, which did not explode and has been described as "crude," to proceed quickly.

"Fortunately, a lot of evidence was left behind, and you have the best police force in the world with the NYPD and the joint terrorism task force in New York on top of it, and they will be moving as quickly as they possibly can," he said. "And we can be sure it will be a thoroughly exhaustive and professional investigation."

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Fingerprints on bomb car

Post by Nama on Sun May 02, 2010 2:33 pm

INVESTIGATORS were examining fingerprints taken from a car used in a foiled attempt to detonate a bomb in New York's Times Square, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said on Sunday.

Ms Napolitano, asked in an interview with CNN whether fingerprints had been taken that could be helpful, said: 'There is all that - forensics about the vehicle, about the tanks, the propane inside.'

'There are forensics in terms of video or possible video that might exist. There is a lot of evidence being tracked down by a lot of people right now,' she said.

Bomb squad officers discovered propane gas tanks, fireworks and timing devices loaded into the back of a sports utility vehicle after a T-shirt seller alerted authorities around 6.30pm (2230 GMT) on Saturday.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal New York City's police commissioner says there's no evidence of a Taliban link to a failed bomb found in an SUV parked in Times Squar

Post by Nama on Sun May 02, 2010 2:44 pm

New York City's police commissioner says there's no evidence of a Taliban link to a failed bomb found in an SUV parked in Times Square.
Commissioner Ray Kelly says it was "the intent of whoever did this to cause mayhem, create casualties." He says it's a reminder New York "is clearly a target of people who want to come here and do us harm."

Police found the SUV parked on one of the prime blocks for Broadway shows such as "The Lion King" after being alerted by two street vendors Saturday night.

A group that monitors militant websites had said the Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the SUV bomb, which didn't explode.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

NEW YORK (AP)—New York City's police commissioner says there's no evidence of a Taliban link to a failed bomb found in an SUV parked in Times Square.

Police found the SUV parked on one of the prime blocks for Broadway shows such as "The Lion King" after being alerted by two street vendors Saturday night.

A group that monitors militant websites had said the Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility for the SUV bomb, which didn't explode.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Sun May 02, 2010 8:27 pm

That is the first thing I thought, too, TerryRose!
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun May 02, 2010 10:22 pm

What??? What group I wonder?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun May 02, 2010 10:24 pm

NY street vendors praised for spotting car bomb

By Michelle Nichols Michelle Nichols – 1 hr 58 mins ago

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Street vendors in New York's Times Square are as ubiquitous as yellow taxis, but on Sunday some of those traders were being called heroes after alerting police to a smoking vehicle that turned out to be a failed car bomb.

Vendor Lance Orton, a Vietnam veteran, is being credited by local authorities and media with tipping mounted policeman Wayne Rhatigan about a suspicious Nissan sport utility vehicle on West 45th Street near Broadway on Saturday evening.

Several other vendors on that street corner also spotted the car and said they scrambled to tell the police.

"My brother told me this car has had smoke in it for a long time. Call 911," said Mohamate Niasse, 52, where was back in his stall in Times Square after the incident, alongside his brother Ali, selling pictures of the city.

Niasse, who lives in Harlem and has sold his wares in the busy midtown Manhattan district for six years, said Orton then told them he had already sent someone to alert the police.

"I thought there might have been someone in the car sleeping, so I went over there but I couldn't see anything," he said.

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg praised Orton and Rhatigan on Sunday and had dinner with Rhatigan in Times Square. Orton -- who was reluctant to speak to the media -- had been unable to join them, Bloomberg said.

"Lance Orton saw something and did something about it," the mayor said.

Rhatigan, who smelled gun powder and realized the smoking car was something more sinister, said he was simply doing his job.

"It's just what we do," he told reporters. "As I was by the car I asked a couple of vendors 'Is this your car?' and they said 'Nah, we don't know whose this is.'"

Duane Jackson, another Vietnam vet who said he helped alert police, was back selling handbags and T-shirts across the road from where the vehicle carrying the bomb had been parked.

"There are a bunch of us disabled vets selling here, and we're used to being vigilant because we all know that freedom isn't free," Jackson, 58, told The New York Times. "All of us vets here are the eyes and ears for the cops."

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun May 02, 2010 10:28 pm

Hunt on for culprits in failed New York car bomb

By Michelle Nichols Michelle Nichols – Sun May 2, 6:45 pm ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Investigators are treating a car bomb defused in New York's Times Square as an attempted terrorist attack but have no evidence to support a Taliban claim of responsibility, police said on Sunday.

Police are poring over surveillance camera footage and a device made of propane, gasoline and fireworks after officers, alerted by a street vendor, found the bomb in a vehicle on Saturday evening as Times Square was packed with tourists and theater-goers.

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano called the scare a "potential terrorist attack" but she and other officials held off saying whether there was a link to Islamist groups or to a domestic cause in the United States.

A U.S. intelligence official told Reuters "we just don't know at this point who may be behind this event."

"Either way we should know more soon," said Paul Rogers, a terrorism expert at Britain's Bradford University. "Because the explosives didn't go off, the forensics experts have a large amount of material in the vehicle to work on."

The Taliban in Pakistan said it planted the bomb to avenge the killing in April of al Qaeda's two top leaders in Iraq as well as U.S. interference in Muslim countries.

But New York Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said there was "no evidence" to support the Taliban's claim.

"If this had detonated, in my judgment it would have caused casualties, a significant fireball," he said. "A terrorist act doesn't necessarily have to be conducted by an organization. An individual can do it on their own."

Michael Cheah, senior portfolio manager at SunAmerica Asset Management, said the car bomb was an "isolated incident" that was not likely to spark any Treasury market reaction.

New York and its 8 million people have been on high alert since the September 11 attacks in 2001 when airliners hijacked by al Qaeda militants toppled the World Trade Center's twin towers, killing more than 2,600 people.

Last year, police said they thwarted a plot to bomb the New York subway system. Two men have pleaded guilty in that case.

'WE CAN'T RULE ANYTHING OUT'

"It's worth recalling the trend in radicalization in the USA," said Henry Wilkinson, senior intelligence analyst at London-based security company Janusian. "It does not look like a prototypical al Qaeda attack. But again it's early days."

The deadliest home-grown attack in the United States killed 168 people in 1995 when a fuel-and-fertilizer bomb planted in a truck by Timothy McVeigh and another right-wing extremist exploded at a federal building in Oklahoma City.

Kelly said a white man in his 40s had been identified in security footage and was seen removing a dark shirt to reveal a red shirt about half a block from where the vehicle was left with its engine running and hazard lights flashing.

Kelly said it was not clear whether the footage was related to the bomb and that another claim of responsibility emailed to a local news organization was also being investigated.

"We can't rule anything out at this time," he said when asked whether the Viacom Inc office in Times Square was a possible target after the satirical cartoon "South Park" depicted a controversial image of the Prophet Mohammed.

"South Park" is shown on the Comedy Central network owned by Viacom.

Times Square was evacuated on Saturday evening but the entertainment and shopping area in midtown Manhattan largely reopened on Sunday with a heavy police presence. Broadway officials said all shows did go on, some beginning late.

The bomb squad removed three propane tanks, consumer grade fireworks, two full five-gallon (19-liter) gasoline cans, two clocks, electrical wire and other components from the vehicle, a dark green Nissan Pathfinder.

On Sunday, the bomb squad blew open a gun locker that was also in the vehicle and found eight bags of an "unknown substance" with "the look and feel" of fertilizer, Kelly said.

The Connecticut license plate found on the rear of the Pathfinder came from another vehicle that was now in an auto repair shop in Connecticut, Kelly said.

THE REAL DEAL

"We're going to do whatever is necessary to protect the American people, to determine who's behind this potentially deadly act and to see that justice is done," President Barack Obama told a news conference.

Similarities between the attempted attack in Times Square and another in London in 2007 included a vehicle abandoned in a crowded area with the intent of causing mass casualties, said Sajjan Gohel, director for international security at the London-based research company Asia Pacific Foundation.

"Was this done by an established group or, as in the London case, by self-radicalized people?" Gohel said.

He also voiced skepticism about the Taliban claim and said video footage could be the key for investigators.

Napolitano told ABC News there was no evidence the incident in Times Square was "anything other than a one-off" and that the bomb "doesn't look like it is a very sophisticated one."

New York police said they searched transit hubs, landmarks and other sensitive areas after the bomb was discovered but did not find anything suspicious.

"We have no idea who did this or why," said New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. He said a T-shirt vendor noticed "an unoccupied suspicious vehicle" and alerted a policeman on horseback, who saw the Pathfinder had smoke coming from vents near the back seat and smelled of gun powder.

"This wasn't make believe. This wasn't a false alarm," said New York Fire Commissioner Sal Cassano. "This was the real deal -- to hurt people."

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon May 03, 2010 12:19 am

By TOM HAYS and DEEPTI HAJELA, Associated Press Writers Tom Hays And Deepti Hajela, Associated Press Writers – 59 mins ago

NEW YORK – Police investigating a terror attack that could have set off a deadly fireball in Times Square focused Sunday on finding a man who was videotaped shedding his shirt near the SUV where the bomb was found.

Police said the gasoline-and-propane bomb was crude but could have sprayed shrapnel and metal parts with enough force to kill pedestrians and knock out windows on one of America's busiest streets, full of Broadway theaters and restaurants on a Saturday night.

The bomb "looks like it would have caused a significant fireball" had it fully detonated, police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.

A large amount of fertilizer rigged with wires and fireworks was found with the bomb, but police said it was not the ammonium nitrate grade that can explode.

The surveillance video shows an unidentified white man apparently in his 40s slipping down an alley and taking off a shirt, revealing another underneath. In the same clip, he's seen looking back in the direction of the smoking vehicle and furtively putting the first shirt in a bag, Kelly said.

The homemade bomb was made largely with ordinary items, including three barbecue grill-size propane tanks, two 5-gallon gasoline containers, store-bought fireworks and cheap alarm clocks attached to wires.

"Clearly it was the intent of whoever did this to cause mayhem, to create casualties," Kelly said.

Authorities didn't know how deadly the bomb could have been, how it failed or who was responsible.

Police had already identified the registered owner of the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder — which didn't have an easily visible vehicle identification number and had license plates from another car — and were looking to interview him. Police also were searching more video, believed to be in the possession of a Pennsylvania tourist, of a person spotted near the car.

The bomb at Times Square, one of the flashiest and best-known places on Earth, was found at the height of dinner hour before theatergoers headed to Saturday night shows.

Timers were connected to a 16-ounce can filled with fireworks, which were apparently intended to set the gas cans and propane afire, Kelly said. The vehicle would have been "cut in half" by an explosion, and people nearby could have been sprayed by shrapnel and killed, he said.

Police had feared that another component — a metal rifle cabinet packed a fertilizer-like substance and rigged with wires and more fireworks — could have made the device even more devastating. Test results late Sunday showed that it was indeed fertilizer — but the New York Police Department's bomb experts believe it was not a type volatile enough to explode like the ammonium nitrate grade fertilizer used in previous terror attacks, said police spokesman Paul Browne.

The exact amount of fertilizer was unknown. Police estimated the cabinet — with a manufacturer-listed weight of 78 pounds — weighed 200 to 250 pounds when they pulled it from the vehicle.

New York's busiest streets, choked with taxis and people on one of the first summer-like days of the year, were shut down for 10 hours, unnerving thousands of tourists attending Broadway show, museums and other city sights. Detectives took the stage at the end of some shows to announce to theatergoers that they were looking for witnesses in a bombing attempt.

"No more New York," said Crysta Salinas. The 28-year-old Houston woman was stuck waiting in a deli until 2 a.m. because part of a Marriott hotel was evacuated because of the bomb.

A Pakistani Taliban group claimed responsibility for the failed attack in a 1-minute video. Kelly and Mayor Michael Bloomberg, however, said police have no evidence to support the claims, and noted that the same group had falsely taken credit for previous attacks on U.S. soil. The commissioner also cast doubt on an e-mail to a news outlet claiming responsibility.

A monitoring group, IntelCenter, said the Pakistani Taliban released another video, apparently dated early April, of their leader promising an imminent attack on major U.S. cities.

The video is about 9 minutes long and features Hakimullah Mehsud, the Pakistani Taliban chief, according to IntelCenter, a U.S.-based group that monitors militant media. Mehsud does not specifically mention New York but says he is speaking on April 4 of this year and promises, "God willing, very soon in some days or a month's time, the Muslim (community) will see the fruits of most successful attacks of our fedayeen in USA."

Bloomberg noted that the investigation was in its early stages but said, "So far, there is no evidence that any of this has anything to do with one of the recognized terrorist organizations."

The NYPD and FBI were also examining "hundreds of hours" of security videotape from around Times Square, Kelly said.

Police released a photograph of the dark-colored SUV as it crossed an intersection at 6:28 p.m. Saturday. A vendor pointed the SUV out to an officer about two minutes later.

The license plate found on the vehicle did not belong to the SUV; police said it came from a car found in a repair shop in Connecticut.

Duane Jackson, a 58-year-old handbag vendor from Buchanan, N.Y., said he noticed the car and wondered who had left it there in a no-standing zone.

Jackson said he looked in the car and saw keys in the ignition with 19 or 20 keys on a ring. He said he alerted a passing mounted police officer.

They were looking in the car "when the smoke started coming out and then we heard the little pop-pop-pop like firecrackers going out and that's when everybody scattered and ran back," he said.

"Now that I saw the propane tanks and the gasoline, what if that would have ignited?" Jackson said. "I'm less than 8 feet away from the car."

Times Square lies about four miles north of where terrorists bombed the World Trade Center in 1993, then destroyed it on Sept. 11, 2001.

The Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility in a video posted on the Internet on Sunday, according to the SITE Intelligence Group. SITE, a U.S.-based terrorist tracking organization, first uncovered the video on YouTube; it later appeared to have been removed from the website.

In a copy of the video provided by SITE, an unidentified voice speaking in Urdu, the primary language in Pakistan, says the group takes "full responsibility for the recent attack in the USA." The video does not mention any details about Saturday's attack.

The militant group said the attack was revenge for the death of its leader, Baitullah Mehsud, and the recent slaying of al-Qaida in Iraq leaders Abu Omar al-Baghdadi and Abu Ayyub al-Masri, who were killed by U.S. and Iraqi troops last month north of Baghdad. The video also mentioned Aafia Siddiqui, a Pakistani scientist who was convicted in a U.S. court in New York in February of trying to kill American service personnel after her arrest in Afghanistan in 2008.

If the claim is genuine, it would be the first time the Pakistani Taliban has struck outside South Asia. It has no known global infrastructure like al-Qaida.

In at least one past instance, the Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for an attack it played no role in. Mehsud reportedly said his men were behind a mass shooting in March 2009 at the American Civic Association in Binghamton, N.Y., in April 2009. That claim turned out to be false.

The last terror threat in New York came last fall when air shuttle driver Najibullah Zazi admitted to a foiled homemade bomb plot aimed at the city subway system.

The theater district in London was the target of a propane bomb attack in 2007. No one was injured when police discovered two vehicles loaded with nails packed around canisters of propane and gasoline.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Mon May 03, 2010 10:08 am

I believe that this was definitely home-grown terrorism. The level of political discourse in this country has reached a new low. The significant thing
is the silence by many in Congress and the government
to say nothing in the way of criticizm and censure of the most flagrant of the haters who broadcast daily.
Everyone is entitled to their own political view. We have elections - and eventually if an elected official isnt performing he will be voted out. However, these extremests who want to IMPOSE their beliefs on the rest of us in the name of God or anyone else are nothing but facists and they need to be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law when they commit illegal acts.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal Official: Suspect in custody in NY car bomb attack

Post by Wrapitup on Mon May 03, 2010 11:44 pm

By TOM HAYS and COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press Writers Tom Hays And Colleen Long, Associated Press Writers – 1 min ago

NEW YORK – A law enforcement official says a suspect in last weekend's failed car bomb attack on Times Square has been taken into custody.

The official spoke to The Associated Press early Tuesday on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation.

The suspect has not been named. He is being held in New York.

Law enforcement officials say the suspect is a Pakistani who recently returned from a trip to Pakistan and bought the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder used in the failed car bomb three weeks ago and paid cash. The officials spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the case.

The SUV was rigged with a crude propane-and-gasoline bomb. It had cheap-looking alarm clocks connected to a 16-ounce can filled with fireworks.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

NEW YORK (AP) — A law enforcement official says a suspect has been taken into custody in the failed Times Square car bomb attack.

The official spoke to The Associated Press early Tuesday on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation.

The propane-and-gasoline bomb was found Saturday in an SUV parked near a Broadway theater showing "The Lion King."

A bomb squad dismantled it.

The area was evacuated for 10 hours. No one was hurt.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Arrest made in attempted Times Square bombing AP .

Post by Wrapitup on Tue May 04, 2010 3:11 pm

By TOM HAYS and COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press Writers Tom Hays And Colleen Long, Associated Press Writers – 51 mins ago

NEW YORK – A Pakistani-born U.S. citizen was hauled off a plane about to fly to the Middle East and will face terrorism charges in the failed attempt to explode a bomb-laden SUV in the heart of Times Square, authorities said Tuesday. One official said he claimed to be acting alone.

Faisal Shahzad has admitted his role in the botched bombing attempt and is talking to investigators, providing them with valuable information, Attorney General Eric Holder said.

The investigation stretched to Pakistan, where intelligence officials said several people had been detained in connection with the Times Square case.

Shahzad was on board a Dubai-bound flight that was taxiing away from the gate at Kennedy Airport late Monday when the plane was turned around and federal authorities took him into custody, law enforcement officials said. Federal officials had placed him on a "no-fly" list hours before his arrest.

Shahzad, scheduled to appear later Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, will face terrorism and weapons of mass destruction charges, Holder said.

"Based on what we know so far, it is clear that this was a terrorist plot aimed at murdering Americans in one of the busiest places in our country," he added.

The FBI read Shahzad his constitutional rights after he provided information, and he continued to cooperate, FBI Deputy Director John Pistole said.

President Barack Obama said the FBI was investigating possible ties between Shahzad and terrorist groups.

Obama said "hundreds of lives" may have been saved Saturday night by the quick action of ordinary citizens and law enforcement authorities who saw the smoking SUV parked in Times Square.

"As Americans and as a nation, we will not be terrorized. We will not cower in fear. We will not be intimidated," Obama said.

Shahzad, 30, had recently returned from a five-month trip to Pakistan, where he had a wife, according to law enforcement officials who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation into the failed car bombing.

Shahzad became a naturalized U.S. citizen last year shortly before traveling to Pakistan, a federal law enforcement official in Washington said, speaking on condition of anonymity amid the ongoing investigation.

Investigators hadn't established an immediate connection to the Pakistani Taliban — which had claimed responsibility for the botched bombing in three videos — or any foreign terrorist groups, a law enforcement official told the AP.

"He's claimed to have acted alone, but these are things that have to be investigated," the official said.

A Pakistani TV station reported that Shahzad spent time in the southern city of Karachi and visited the northwestern city of Peshawar during his stay in Pakistan. Peshawar is a gateway for foreigners seeking to travel into nearby tribal regions, where militant groups have long had sanctuary.

One man detained in Karachi was identified by authorities only as Tauseef and was a friend of Shahzad, according to one official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because Pakistani intelligence officers insist on anonymity as a matter of policy. Media reports described some of the others detained as relatives of Shahzad.

In Washington, Pakistani Embassy spokesman Nadeem Haider Kiani said it's too soon to tell what motivated the bomber. Asked whether there were ties to foreign terrorist groups, Kiani said early indications suggest the bomber was "a disturbed individual."

Another law enforcement official said Shahzad was not known to the U.S. intelligence community before the failed bombing attempt, in which authorities found a crude bomb of gasoline, propane and fireworks in a 1993 Nissan Pathfinder parked on a bustling street in Times Square.

Authorities removed filled plastic bags and a bomb squad came and went from a Bridgeport, Conn., house listed in Shahzad's name Tuesday in a working-class neighborhood of multifamily homes in Connecticut's largest city. FBI agents found a box of consumer-grade firecrackers and other fireworks in the driveway that they were marking off as evidence. Agents wouldn't answer questions at the scene.

Shahzad was being held in New York and couldn't be contacted. A phone number at a listed address for Shahzad in Shelton, Conn., wasn't in service.

He used to live in a two-story grayish-brown colonial with a sloping yard in a working-class neighborhood in Shelton. The home looked as if it had been unoccupied for a while, with grass growing in the driveway and bags of garbage lying about.

Shahzad graduated from the University of Bridgeport with a bachelor's degree in computer applications and information systems in 2000 and later returned to earn a master's of business administration in 2005, the school said.

A neighbor in Bridgeport described him as quiet.

"Nobody ever had a problem with him," said Dawn Sampson, 34, who lives across the street from Shahzad's third-floor apartment. She said he had remodeled it and had put on the market to rent for $1,200, a fee she thought was much too high.

Law enforcement officials say Shahzad paid $1,300 cash three weeks ago for the Pathfinder, going first for a test-drive in a mall and offering less than the $1,800 advertised price. Peggy Colas, 19, of Bridgeport, sold the car to Shahzad after he answered an Internet ad, law enforcement officials said. The officials spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the case.

The vehicle identification number had been removed from the Pathfinder's dashboard, but it was stamped on the engine, and investigators used it to find the owner of record, who told them a stranger bought it. As the SUV buyer came into focus, investigators backed off other leads.

Shahzad was placed on a "no-fly" list Monday after he was identified as the buyer, Pistole said. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano declined to say how Shahzad was able to board the flight if he was on the "no-fly" list.

The bomb-laden SUV was parked near a theater where the musical "The Lion King" was being performed. The bomb inside it had cheap-looking alarm clocks connected to a 16-ounce can filled with fireworks, which were apparently intended to detonate gas cans and set off propane tanks in a chain reaction "to cause mayhem, to create casualties," police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said.

A metal rifle cabinet in the SUV's cargo area was packed with fertilizer, but NYPD bomb experts believe it was not a type volatile enough to explode like the ammonium nitrate grade fertilizer used in previous terrorist bombings.

Police said the SUV bomb could have produced "a significant fireball" and sprayed shrapnel with enough force to kill pedestrians and knock out windows.

A vendor alerted a police officer to the parked SUV, which was smoking. Times Square, clogged with tourists on a warm evening, was shut down for 10 hours. A bomb squad dismantled the bomb and no one was hurt.

Holder urged Americans should remain vigilant.

"It's clear that the intent behind this terrorist act was to kill Americans," he said.

Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the arrest should not be as used as an excuse for anti-Muslim actions. "We will not tolerate any bias or backlash against Pakistani or Muslim New Yorkers," he said.

Authorities did not address Shahzad's plans in Dubai. The airport there is the Middle East's busiest and is a major transit point for passengers traveling between the West and much of Asia, particularly India and Pakistan.

Dubai-based Emirates airline said three passengers were pulled from Flight EK202, which was delayed for about seven hours. The airline did not identify Shahzad by name or name the other two passengers.

The aircraft and passengers were then screened again before taking off Tuesday morning, and the airline is "cooperating with the local authorities," Emirates said in a statement e-mailed to the AP. The other two passengers who had been removed were allowed to get back aboard the flight, the airline said.

Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik said initial information showed Shahzad and his family came from the Pabbi region of northwest Pakistan, but that Shahzad had a Karachi identity card.

Several Pakistani officials said the U.S. had not made a formal request for help in the probe.

Two security officials in the northwest said Shahzad and his family came from the village of Mohib Bandar in Pabbi, but moved to the North Nazimabad district of Karachi several years ago. They said he was a graduate of an engineering college and the son of a senior Pakistani air force officer.

But a Shahzad family member in the region told a local journalist that the officials were mistaken and that the family had nothing to do with the suspect in the United States. Faisal and Shahzad are very common names in Pakistan.

More than a dozen people with U.S. citizenship or residency, like Shahzad, have been accused in the past two years of supporting, attempting or carrying out attacks on U.S. soil, illustrating the threat of violent extremism from within the U.S.

Among them are Army Maj. Nidal Hasan, a U.S.-born Army psychiatrist of Palestinian descent, charged with fatally shooting 13 people last year at Fort Hood, Texas; Najibullah Zazi, a Denver-area airport shuttle driver who pleaded guilty in February in a plot to bomb New York subways; and a Pennsylvania woman who authorities say became radicalized online as "Jihad Jane" and plotted to kill a Swedish artist whose work offended Muslims.

This is very, very scary!! Thank God for the bystanders and the feds!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 05, 2010 2:55 am

That is scary!! Thank God, I live in Canada... although, we have our own terrorists up here too. In fact, the CSIS (the Canadian version of the CIA) uncovered a plot by a terrorist group to take over our parliament buildings & behead our prime minister not too long ago!

I am very against any anti-government militia group that calls itself "Christian". The Bible teaches that we are to pray for our government leaders, not try to kill them!

Wrap, I was just wondering if maybe these two incidents (the "Christian" militia terrorists & the NYC bomb terrorist) should be in separate threads? Just a thought!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed May 05, 2010 8:11 am

Rainbow, before we found out who did this horrible act, some thought it could be those "faith (not) based groups" - so we merged the two threads. I agree. We will separate them. Just give us a bit of time.

And I agree with you, noone seems safe these days, no matter what country we live in. So scary and just plain sad!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal The Faith-Based Militia: When is Terrorism 'Christian'?‎/ Car Bomb Found in NYC's Times Square/ 5-7 New York police evacuate Times Square for suspicious package

Post by Nama on Fri May 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Police have cleared the streets of Times Square while investigating the discovery of a cooler left on a sidewalk on the same block where a failed car bomb was found over the weekend.

Police say the bomb squad is responding to the area near 46th and Broadway on Friday to examine what appears to be a small, white cooler left on a sidewalk.

Three blocks around Times Square were closed as a precaution because the cooler was found about a block from where a smoking SUV and failed car bomb was found Saturday night.

No other details were immediately available. The call was received around 1:15 p.m.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Times Square suspicious package cleared by NYPD

Post by Nama on Fri May 07, 2010 1:31 pm

Several blocks of Times Square in New York City, New York, were cleared from 44th - 47th Street on Friday, May 7, 2010 on the basis of the discovery of a suspicious package having been discovered. Shortly after a second suspicious package in the area was called in. Buildings were not evacuated however which was taken as a good sign and help keep everyone in the area a bit more relaxed that would normally be expected under such circumstances. The package was x-rayed with the images studied on site at an emergency response vehicle.

The package was a white/light green soft sided cooler found near the Marriot Marquis Hotel on Broadway and West 46th Street. This was the second suspicious package called into the NYPD on 5/07/2010. The location of the suspicious package is within three blocks of where the smoking SUV was discovered six days earlier that was involved in the failed terror attack associated to Faisal Shahzad.

The first response team was the NYPD who cleared the area in a very timely manner, and the NYPD Bomb Squad followed up within minutes to begin examining and x-raying the package. At 2:02 pm EST, a member of the bomb squad was suited up in his protective gear and dispatched to examine the package a second time. After returning to the emergency response vehicle, another officer addressed the second package that was reported.

At 2:09 the suspected potential second device was cleared as having been nothing more than a harmless abandoned bag. Four minutes later the original suspicious package was reported to be a lunchbox with a handle perhaps. At 2:15 the second set of images had finished being examined and four NYPD officers approached the package, opened it up, and examined the contents finding nothing suspicious. The emergency response team was already on their way off site at that point and the streets were opened back up.

Apparently the suspicious package was actually a suspicious case of water bottles and books. In these times, and especially with the recently failed attempt just days earlier, this may be a part of the new U.S. landscape. Authorities stress that citizens should remain vigilant and continue to report suspicious packages as a precautionary measure, that it is an appropriate step, and that they are prepared to respond to any all threats real or perceived.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum