Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:02 pm

artgal16 wrote:I havent read all the threads did anyone listen to the
talk radio interview where Art Harris reported that Misty and that other women were offering themselves on craigs list for sex?
Yes, and I posted the link.

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:05 pm

I could have sworn I posted it. It is a MUST hear and it is NOT Simon.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this/2010/03/29/watts-up-with-this

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:13 pm

Latest Developments In The Haleigh Cummings Case
Posted on March 31st, 2010
by Simon Barrett

19-year-old Hope Sykes, cousin of Ronald Cummings, made a “no contest” plea in a court hearings in Putnam County this morning. The evidence that Hope and the rest of the band of happy pill poppers Ronald Cummings, Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin and ex Texas Equusearch member Donna Brock did seem fairly convincing. It was only a matter of time before someone caved in.

Sykes could face 15 years in prison for her role in trafficking drugs. The prosecutor in her case said she has not made any arrangements for Sykes to testify in the cases involving Cummings or Croslin, who each face multiple trafficking charges.

Sentencing for Sykes is scheduled for April 27. Hope Sykes is ‘low man on the pecking list’ when it comes to the Haleigh Cummings investigation, but I am sure that her Nolo plea is causing the rest of the merry band to order themselves a bottle of Tums from the commissary.

New trial dates for Ron and Misty were also set today.

25-year-old Ronald Cummings, whose daughter was reported missing on Feb. 10, 2009, from home in Satsuma by Croslin, is set for a second pre-trial hearing May 13.

18-year-old Misty Crosilin has her next pre-trial hearing is June 3 in Palatka.

Croslin’s brother, Hank “Tommy” Croslin Jr., is scheduled for a 1:30 p.m. pre-trial today in the Putnam court.

What is also beginning to surface are doubts about some news reports that were circulated last week concerning Misty Croslin taking a lie detector test. Reliable sources are confirming that Misty did in fact attend an interview at the request of Law Enforcement, and the interview was conducted outside of the confines of the jail facility. But, unofficially, we are being told that there is nothing to indicate that a Polygraph was involved.

We will have an update as soon as we get the information.

Simon Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/124179

There are some comments that I read and I have to say I completely agree with this one:

JB said,
in March 31st, 2010 at 3:44 pm

I would think that LE has told them a deal could be worked on the drug charges if they would just tell what they know about Haleigh. So either they truly DON’T know or they are responsible and the drug charges are a cake walk compared to murder charges. It has to be one or the other. Or, I guess it could be the drug thug theory and they are afraid to talk but their silence speaks volumes at this point because I’m SURE LE would work with them on the drug charges if they’d just tell them where Haleigh is or what happened to them. I am beginning to think that if any one of these people is responsible for Haleigh’s disappearance they will take it to their graves with them! UGH!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:49 pm

HLN - Per Nancy Grace

March 31, 2010
Haleigh Cummings: More Jail Time for Father and Former Stepmom
Posted: 04:51 PM ET

Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin appeared before a judge in Putnam County today. They are facing a plethora drug trafficking charges unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance. Both entered not guilty pleas. Future hearings have been set for both-Cummings will be back in court on May 13th and Croslin is back on June 3rd.
Misty Croslin / Ronald Cummings
Misty Croslin / Ronald Cummings

Interestingly, the 19-year-old cousin of Ronald Cummings, Hope Sykes, pled no contest to her drug trafficking charge. All three were allegedly caught on surveillance in a drug sting operation earlier this year. Each case was continued because the defense is says they are still waiting on discovery. Cummings attorney said they were specifically waiting on the results of the drugs alleged in the charges—Oxycodone and Hydrocodone. Seems like small potatoes compared to the hours of video evidence the State has of Cummings, Croslin and 4 others buying and selling prescription pain pills.

The question remains whether Misty Croslin, still being held on $1.35 million bond and facing over 100 years in prison, will crack under the pressure. In recent recorded jailhouse conversations, Croslin seems to know more about the night Haleigh went missing, but investigators say they have yet to get a straight story from her.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/31/haleigh-cummings-more-jail-time-for-father-and-former-stepmom/

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:08 pm

LE will never get a straight answer from her. I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth.
angry

Back to top Go down

Normal Ruined Ron's and Misty's lives? What about Haleigh's life?

Post by Nama on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:50 am

In the latest jailhouse videos released by the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office, Misty Cummings and her father, Hank Croslin Sr., mention missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings a few times.
"I just hate this man. They tried to ruin our whole life," said Cummings, the former stepmother of the Satsuma girl.
"Whoever did this to Haleigh is the one who ruined our lives, and they better find them before I do," Croslin said.
The two tend to focus more on their criminal drug trafficking charges.
Cummings had this to say to CNN's Nancy Grace concerning her arrest video that's circulating around the country.

Misty Cummings and Hank Croslin Jr. appear on jailhouse surveillance video.
"Nancy Grace, she can kiss my (expletive). I don't like her anyway," Cummings said. "Nancy Grace can go to hell if she's saying that my parents don't believe in me."
In another jail visit, an emotional Hank Croslin Sr. reassures his daughter that he still believes she had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance, but in the same breath, it appears Croslin still has doubts with little new information surfacing about her whereabouts.
"I do believe in you, but I don't believe everything I'm hearing," Croslin said. "It just don't make sense."
Cummings, who's now 18, said upon her jail releases she wants to be considered for a youth offender program.
"Youth offender program, I would do it," she said. "Three years in, four years out. I'd be in boot camp. I'd do it because I'm so young."
But Cummings' brother Hank Croslin Jr. said his sister isn't being 100 percent truthful.
He said he believes prescription pills have everything to do with the Haleigh vanishing last year.
"I really think it's all drug-related, otherwise (Cummings ex-husband and Haleigh's father) Ronald (Cummings) wouldn't have said that (expletive) if it wasn't true," Croslin Jr. said. "I just hope Haleigh comes home. That's all I worry about. She's an innocent little gIrl that doesn't deserve this (expletive). She shouldn't have been with Ronald anyway."
Misty Cummings, who's expected back in court on May 13, told her father she doesn't think she's going to get a fair trial.

You can see video here:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23028518/detail.html

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:33 am

Doing drugs, smoking up a storm, acting as Mommy, getting married. Acting like an adult.

Does that qualify you to be treated as a "youth?"
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:22 am

charminglane wrote:Doing drugs, smoking up a storm, acting as Mommy, getting married. Acting like an adult.

Does that qualify you to be treated as a "youth?"

Yes, Charming, don't ya know..."this is something she could do, 'cause she's so young". :tongue in chee Many say Misty is street smart but not educated. The not educated part I get, but I don't see any kind of smart. I don't think she understands her situation and what the ramifications of her actions now and before are.
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Croslin, 18, is charged with seven counts of trafficking in Putnam County and one count in St. Johns. Her bail on the multiple charges is set at $1.35 million, an amount her lawyer said he has not planned to contest.

Palatka attorney Robert Fields said he doubts Croslin's family could afford bail that involved more than "a few thousand dollars."

Croslin appeared in court in a blue jail uniform and answered brief questions from the judge before her next pre-trial was set for June 3.

Cummings was in the courtroom when she was brought in and the two glanced briefly at each other.

Croslin's parents were in the audience, sitting separate from Cummings' mother, sister and grandmother.

Cummings, 25, is charged with five counts of trafficking. His next pre-trial is set for May 13.

In an afternoon hearing, Croslin's brother, Hank Croslin Jr., was granted a pre-trial continuance to May 13.

Cummings, 25, is charged with five counts of trafficking. His next pre-trial is set for May 13.

In an afternoon hearing, Croslin's brother, Hank Croslin Jr., was granted a pre-trial continuance to May 13.

Croslin Jr. faces one trafficking charge as part a monthlong undercover operation by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office that ended in mid-January and involved 330 pills of oxycodone and hydrocodone. One undercover agent bought drugs several times then offered to sell pills before the arrests were made. The estimated street value was $3,900.

One other person charged in the case goes to court in St. Johns County Tuesday. Donna Brock, 44, a friend of Misty Croslin, was charged with selling drugs to the undercover officer the two met outside St. Augustine.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-04-01/cousin-pleads-misty-ron-case

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:32 pm

They are screwed! crazy 1

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Misty Croslin Jailhouse Conversations Released-March 21

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Taren Reed Josey Crews Created: 4/1/2010 10:37:38 PM Updated: 4/1/2010 11:32:40 PM

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- More jailhouse conversations between Misty Croslin and her father, Hank Croslin, have been released. In the conversations, Misty and her father talked about Misty's drug charges. But the tone quickly changed as the conversation turned to Haleigh Cummings.

Haleigh disappeared Feb. 9, 2009, while in Misty's care. At the time, Misty was dating Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings. Misty told investigators she put Haleigh to bed that night, and when she woke up, Haleigh was gone. Misty and Ronald were married, but divorced a short time later.

At one point in the jailhouse conversations, Hank and Misty talk of those charges. But his tone changes when the conversation turned to Haleigh.

Hank: I tried to tell you. I know I tried to tell you. But no, you had to do your own thing just like you always had. Well, it's too late to cry over spilled milk anyway, so just forget about it. We all gotta do what we gotta do. I don't understand why it's happening, but it's happening. Don't cry.
Misty: I hate this man! They're trying to ruin our whole lives.
Hank: Yea, whoever did this thing to Haleigh is the one that ruined our lives. They need to ruin the person's life that did this, not ours!

Misty is facing a list of drug charges after she was arrested with her brother, Tommy, and ex-husband Ronald in January. All three are all charged with multiple counts of trafficking hydrocodone. Misty and Ronald are both being held on bail totaling nearly a million dollars.

Wednesday Haleigh's aunt, Hope Sykes, pleaded no contest to her charges on trafficking hydrocodone. She could face up to 15 years in prison.

MARCH 21: SYKES' PRISON PHONE CALL

click here to listen. Grab a cig, pepsi,cig,chocolate first. :study: :lol!: frying pan

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=154169&catid=3

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal Haleigh's relatives in court

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:38 pm

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Thursday, April 1, 2010 1:09 AM EDT

Family members of missing child Haleigh Cummings appeared in court Wednesday morning for pretrial hearings on various drug trafficking charges.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, her former stepmother, Misty Croslin and Cummings' cousin, Hope Sykes, appeared in a bustling courtroom shortly after 9 a.m. in response to charges that stem from a month-long narcotics investigation that ended in January in which the three were allegedly dealing in $3,900 worth of prescription drugs.

Cummings, 26, was the first to stand before the court, but was interrupted as an accused murderer awaiting his own pretrial hearing cut himself.

As Judge Terry LaRue began to read each of the five charges Cummings faces, a deputy declared to the court that an inmate was bleeding, quickly leading Clint Horvatt into a holding room.

Horvatt is accused of shooting his fianc�e, Summer Smith, to death in 2008.

The 33-year-old used a small piece of metal smuggled out of the Putnam County Jail between his fingers to cut his left wrist, Lt. Johnny Greenwood, Putnam County Sheriff's Office spokesman, said.

With a bandaged wrist, he was eventually led out and was taken to Putnam Community Medical Center for treatment for "superficial wounds," Greenwood said.

"No stitches were necessary," he said. "We are conducting an investigation as to how he got (the metal)."

Horvatt's trial was set for Sept. 13. He faces first-degree murder charges.

Meanwhile, Cummings stood quietly as his pretrial was continued to May 13 for five counts of trafficking in Hydrocodone.

Misty Croslin, the 18-year-old who was babysitting Haleigh the night she disappeared, took the stand next in handcuffs and shackles.

Croslin faces eight total counts of trafficking in Hydrocodone, with seven of the charges in Putnam County and one within St. Johns County.

Her attorney, Robert Fields, was granted permission to move Croslin's next pretrial to June 3 due to issues coordinating depositions.

Hope Sykes, 19, pleaded no contest to one of two counts of trafficking in Hydrocodone, as she took the floor 20 minutes later.

Sykes' attorney explained there were surveillance tapes containing a drug transaction with Sykes present.

"That certainly supports your plea," LaRue said.

Sykes faces up to 30 years in prison for the felony charge.

Several family members of Cummings and Sykes were present during the hearings, including Teresa Neves, Cummings' mother.

"I believe Hope Sykes has to do what is best for her, and if that is what she and her attorney feel is best for her, then we fully support that," Neves said.

Neves said they are trying to keep the focus on Haleigh, who was reported missing from her Satsuma home by Croslin at 3:27 a.m. on Feb. 10, 2009. No sign of the child has been found, though numerous searches have been conducted.

Neves said it "is very hard" to see her family behind bars. "Haleigh is what we have to spend all of our energy on, and it's hard to know there are other things going on beyond our control," she said.

Croslin's brother, 23-year-old Hank Croslin Jr., was present Wednesday afternoon to face one count of trafficking in Hydrocodone in the same case.

His pretrial was continued to May 13.

When asked how Cummings was handling everything, she replied that he is having a "very hard time right now."

"He is fighting a lot of depression - he thought Haleigh would be home by now," Neves said.

Neves continues to hold hope that 6-year-old Haleigh is alive, and someone has her.

"Somebody out there knows something and you never know who it's going to be," she said. "All you can do is keep looking and asking and hoping and praying."

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/04/01/news/news01.txt

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Well, looks like we have another inmate who's found the Lord:

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23029740/index.html

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:59 pm

I really hope they keep her in isolation and continue to serve her sorry food...I believe that, if she DOES know something about Haleigh, she will break soon and give up the info...(Unless she killed her and knows that she will face worse punishment because of it.)
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:58 pm

If anyone is interested, here are the actual jail audio tapes.

Apparently, LE has told Hank, Sr. he and the wife cannot see their grandchildren.

Here is one:
http://www.bloggernews.net/indepth/Haleigh/mchc0101dvd3.mp3

Here is two:
http://www.bloggernews.net/indepth/Haleigh/mchc0201dvd3.mp3

Haleigh Cummings Update – Jail Video - Misty Croslin & Hank Croslin – More
Posted on April 7th, 2010
by Simon Barrett

I have not even had time to watch these videos. I have no clue if they contain any useful information or not. This is yet more Misty Croslin and her father Hank Croslin.

Because of the size of the files I have abandoned YouTube and am just hosting the sound files here on Bloggernews. I know this will upset several web sites who love to steal content, but unfortunately time is of the essence, and this is the fastest method available.

These are large files, they are just over 30 meg each, and contain about 30 minutes of conversation each.

OH, the second one is a gem!

The exact date of this conversation is unknown, however it was between Feb 17 and Mar 4.

As I noted in an earlier article, we have three more DVD’s waiting for us in St Augustine. We hope to have them in our possession tomorrow. They cover the March 5 through March 20 period. I suspect that they might be quite interesting.

Simon Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/124251

Last edited by Wrapitup on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:00 am

lisette wrote:I really hope they keep her in isolation and continue to serve her sorry food...I believe that, if she DOES know something about Haleigh, she will break soon and give up the info...(Unless she killed her and knows that she will face worse punishment because of it.)
Lisette, I think they will and I hope so much she cracks.

And, the "parents" don't act like parents at all.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:36 am

lisette wrote:
I really hope they keep her in isolation and continue to serve her sorry food..
I vote for "mystery meat" at every meal!
Eeewww thinking affraid Barf

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Misty Cummings writes Florida Governor Crist about her conditions in jail!

Post by artgal16 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:10 pm

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- The former stepmother of missing girl Haleigh Cummings has told her father she is not happy with the way she's been treated while behind bars on drug charges.

The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office released more video of Misty Cummings' jailhouse visits with relatives. During a visit with her father, Hank Croslin Sr. she said she wants Gov. Charlie Crist to look into her treatment in jail.

Cummings said she is upset she has to stay in confinement away from other inmates. She also complained about the food.

During the visit recorded in the most recent video, Croslin urged Misty to tell police everything she knows about Haleigh's disappearance, even if it means giving investigators information about her ex-husband, Ronald Cummings.

Misty Cummings during a jail visit, as seen in video released April 7. More

"I want you to forget about Ronald, and if you know anything Ronald did, you need to come forward," Croslin said. "Do not protect him because he's not going to protect you."

Cummings said she doesn't think she'll get a fair trial on the drug trafficking charges that landed her behind bars. She called the $1.3 million bail ridiculous, and said her jail time is unwarranted.

"They just targeted you for the Haleigh case, that's why you're in there right now," Croslin told her. "They can't use that against me though, Dad," Cummings replied. "This is two different cases. They cannot do that, Dad."

Croslin said that even his daughter's own attorney is skeptical and thinks that she is not telling everything she knows about Haleigh, who has now been missing for more than a year.

"He says he wasn't going to leave you. He's gonna stick with you to the end. He just wishes that you would be straight with him. He's your lawyer, He won't do anything to harm you," Croslin told his daughter.

Croslin told his daughter that police are just trying to wear her down while she's in jail so they can get more information.

As of Wednesday evening, the governor's office said the letter from Cummings has not been received.
source:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/23083375/detail.html
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:17 pm

over reaction

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:03 pm

I guess when you are not high and have the munchies for ANYTHING, prison food just don't cut it!
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Here are jail tapes of Tommy and his wife. There are some background noises and the language is horrific but they are rather interesting.

http://www.bloggernews.net/indepth/Haleigh/hclc0201mar4.mp3

http://www.bloggernews.net/indepth/Haleigh/hclc0202mar4.mp3

http://www.bloggernews.net/124253

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by trishd54 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:39 pm

News Flash!

PCSO received a new tip and are searching the St. John's river at Shell Harbor as we speak! Fingers Crossed
trishd54

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:45 pm

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:21 pm

OMG, this is a must-hear. This is Hope Sykes who was arrested with Ron/Misty/Tommy/Donna Brock. This is Ron's cousin on his mother's side. I thought Misty was bad!! There are two audio tapes. This girl is 19 and is a complete idiot!!! If I were this mother, I would have hung up on her. How dare she talk to her mother like the way she did. But, the mother allows this behaviour. It's unreal these people!!!!!

http://www.artharris.com/2010/04/02/drug-trafficker-hope-sykes-jailhouse-calls/#more-4088

and she has a record, too.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:16 am

Wrapitup wrote:and she has a record, too.

I know you were thinking that we'd be shocked all to pieces reading that!
NOT! ha ha

The real trick at this point would be finding someone in those families who hasn't done the JAIL.

Be Humble For You Are Made Of Earth~Be Noble For You Are Made Of Stars
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Reading that??? Did you listen to the jail calls? That is what I am talking about.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Oh my gosh, I lisened to it!
If that was my daughter, I'd end that phone call after telling her that not only that she's a spoiled rotten, self entitled little drug addict who NEEDS to STAY in jail, do rehab and boot camp at the same time and anything else that the judge comes up with.
She sounds worse than Misty! I was furious listening to that!

This family blows my freakin'mind!
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Both families blow my mind. They have zero respect for their parents, but that is how the parents taught them. It's truly mind boggling. And this Hope Sykes (psycho) is really deluded. In many ways, she is worse than Misty, if that is possible.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:38 pm

I could not get through the recording. Had to turn it off. Disgusting that I live in a world where these people walk the streets with my decent, loving, thoughtful nieces and nephews.
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:44 pm

I don't blame you, Charm. I hope they all rot in prison!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Imagine these people as kids in your classroom.
I would have done myself in if I had to deal with that. When did people go so out of control? Where did decency go? :oops:
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Normal Hope Sykes was sentenced to 15 years in prison this morning.

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:39 pm

The only person to plead no contest to drug trafficking in a case involving the family of missing Haleigh Cummings was sentenced to 15 years in prison this morning.

Hope Sykes was 18 when she was arrested in January on a charge of trafficking after she, her cousin Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin were recorded selling 25 hydrocodone pills in an undercover officer's car.

Sykes had been out of jail less than two weeks on a possession charge when she was arrested in the trafficking case, which Circuit Judge Terry LaRue said disqualified her for youthful offender consideration that would have meant a much shorter sentence.

Family members gasped and Sykes was clearly shaken at the sentence imposed after an hour of testimony on her behalf by her family and others.

Cummings was in the courtroom as a defense witness but not called. His daughter disappeared in February 2009 and has not been found. Croslin was in the mobile home the night of the disappearance and called 911.

This morning, LaRue said the youthful offender statute is for young people who are pressured or led astray by peers.

"That's not the case here," he said. He said the second charge was not a simple possession charge.

"What she did was engage in trafficking," he said.

A one point during the hearing, the prosecutor played a tape of an angry and unremorseful Sykes telling her mother, "if they think I am bad now wait until I get out."

She was also fined $250,000.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-27/story/cousin-haleigh-cummings-father-sentenced-15-years-drug-trafficking

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:57 pm

This certainly sends a message to the rest of the gang of things to come. They must be shaking in their boots. I would be! Especially Misty since she was involved in more of the drug trafficking than the others. Stiffen your upper lip, Misty!

Last edited by BJ in OR on Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Apparently Hope was looking to only be sentenced to probation and drug therapy as a youthful offender. She stood before the judge and told him that she wanted to get her GED, go to college and become a physical therapist. She told him, “I let drugs control my life. I let my family down. I know I messed up. I want help. I don’t want to live this life no more.”

Hope’s family and friends were in court to testify for her including her cousin Ronald Cummings, who was never called up to testify. They told the court that Hope had learned her lesson and that she had just gotten caught up in drugs.

The one thing that makes me wonder here is will this news have any effect on the others that were arrested along with Hope. I mean think about it, Hope was the one with the lesser charges. If she is being sentenced for 15 years on her charges then what will the others receive on theirs. Will they worry more now and give some second thoughts about withholding information that they might have about the night Haleigh disappeared?

I do feel bad for these people. They had their whole lives ahead of them and they have thrown it away by getting involved with drugs. I feel even sorrier for the innocent children involved in all this too. Poor little Haleigh may have just have lost her life because of her family’s lifestyle. (And I am not pointing my finger at just one side, they are all alike and I don’t think it is fair to blame only one side when they all seem to have the same problem)

My prayers and concerns are for the little ones that are in the middle of all this at no choice of their own. They are the ones that are going to be hurt more. As I said, Haleigh seems to have paid with her life, if she is indeed gone. (Sorry I still can’t let go of the thought that she could still be out there somewhere) Let’s pray none of the others will have to follow in her footsteps before this family finally gets help, if they ever do. I pray asking God to watch over them!

http://www.bloggernews.net/124415

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:40 pm

She stood before the judge and told him that she wanted to get her GED, go to college and become a physical therapist. She told him, “I let drugs control my life. I let my family down. I know I messed up. I want help. I don’t want to live this life no more.
I cry total b.s. on that. I am going to re-post this here for anyone who had not listened to Sykes' (this is Gma Sykes' granddaughter) phone calls to her mother on April 2. I highly doubt she changed that much in 25 days.

I am thrilled the judge gave her 15 years. She will get out at 33 or maybe a bit earlier for good behavior, but I have a feeling she will be trouble in prison.

Yes, I would think Ron/Misty and Donna Brock - and let's not forget Tommy Croslin..are shaking in their boots. Hopefully, now the reality will hit Misty in particular that she is SCREWED! IMO, she will either spend the rest of her life in prison or get the DP when (not if) she is charged for the death of HaLeigh. Even if she didn't do it herself or it was an accident (overdose) she was still responsible as HaLeigh & JR. were on her watch.

Here are the phone calls. The "F" bomb is freely used. la la la

http://www.artharris.com/2010/04/02/drug-trafficker-hope-sykes-jailhouse-calls/

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:34 pm

YES!!!
Maybe now a language that these people can understand!
I'm usually one that feels kind of bad for people who receive tough sentences for non violent crimes but in this case, this little girl needs to find out just how bad things can get - and I think reality might just be dawning for her and hopefully the others. One down, four to go.........
After hearing Hope talking to her Mom early this month, I'm thrilled to hear that she's going away for 15.
The adults in these kids lives are responsible for the way their kids were raised, not that I don't feel bad for what the kids must have gone thru' during their childhood but now they're adults, they want to do their crimes, so do the time. Like B.J. I just feel so damn bad for what the little ones are now having to go thru' and what that precious Haleigh went thru'.....
I hope that Misty scared ****less right now after hearing what Hopes fate is...... (and Tommy as well & whoever else is involved)....
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Wait a minute - she sold 25 pills and they gave her 15 years? Is this her first offense? Look Im all for locking up offenders but this is not just. Michael Douglas Jr. had TONS of heavy drugs in his possession and he got only three years in New York and he has served already some time while waiting for sentencing. Im sorry but its too much - an 18 year old - give her a boot camp or something that has rehab too, but this is not a just sentence at all. What WILL she be like when shes ready to come out. Is there any thought at all to rehab kids on drugs? What about Rush Limbaugh?
he had tons of pills in his possession and he might not have been a pusher but he was buying them illegally and using his maid to get them. Why didnt he get jail?
25 pills for 15 years. Im totally stunned.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by trishd54 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:43 pm

This is not her first offense. She was picked up just 2 weeks prior for the same thing.
trishd54

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:48 pm

What are they odds that she will serve all 15 yrs? I hear Ron Cummings is talking about a plea deal.

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:52 pm

As far as I'm concerned and at this late stage of the game, whatever it takes to get the truth about Haleigh, it takes.
If LE used white boarding on Misty to get the truth, I wouldn't care.
I'm usually the first one to stand up for peoples rights but in this case, these kids just aren't responding to normal treatment and Haleigh is just much too important to worry about than this little girl's sentence.
She can always be let out early and I bet they do just that.
What you are saying is right Artgal but my sympathy has run out for this bunch.
In fact when you think about it, what these kids were busted with really wasn't much anyway but thank God it happened because I don't think any of them would be talking now.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Do they have to serve a minimum amount of time on this long of a sentence? Im just saying that there is no uniformity in the law. Why should Michael Douglas son who has had drug problems in the past and has been brought up with priviledges that these kids couldnt dream of serve only three years? I heard he had an enormous amount of drugs he was selling and they were hard drugs too. Im just wondering if this is really beneficial to society, especially when they are letting out child molesters left and right.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:50 pm

I hear you, Artgal. Have you listened to the jailhouse calls she made to her mother? She is in complete denial.

In the State of Florida, it is mandatory that a person serve 85% of their time. So, she could be out by age 30. WOW. So sad.

This is what I think: I think that non-violent drug offenders should be given six months of in-patient rehab. They come out, are on a minimum of 10 years probation. They must report once per week to their parole/probation officer, take random drug screenings, get and keep a full time job & housing, and have a curfew. No firearms is mandatory for any convicted felon. If they break any of the above, they go to prison.

I think that sex offenders, rapists and murderer's are the ones that should be in prison. Any violent offender, period. Now, I do think that Misty and Tommy Croslin are in some way responsible for either the death of HaLeigh and/or covering up the crime. Either way, IMHO, both should and hopefully WILL end up in prison for life w/out the possibility of parole or the DP. I am on the fence about Ron. I think he knows what happened to Haleigh and if so, should get life as well.

LM, where did you hear Ron may plea out?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Raine, I agree with you on Ron/Misty and Tommy. Completely!!!

In fact when you think about it, what these kids were busted with really wasn't much anyway but thank God it happened because I don't think any of them would be talking now.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by trishd54 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:32 am

I think I read somewhere she'll have to serve at least 12 years before she's eligible for release, I'm just wondering where they will house her.
trishd54

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:28 am

Its pitiful that an 18 year old who sat passively in the back seat of the car while Ron and Misty did the drug deal got 18 years on a nolo contendre. Someone wrote that she got terrible legal advise - she should have gone to trial I believe she would have gotten a very relaxed sentence or even rehab and probation as she didnt say a word in those tapes I saw. She went before a judge and not a jury so very hard to appeal.
I just dont think we as a community are served when this type of uneven justice is applied. They are letting out violent prisoners early because there is no room and they are going to house this 18 year old for 12 years minimum for selling 25 pills? I hate the fact
that the rest of them wont talk about what happened to Haleigh but I do believe that they will eventually and be punished. But I dont believe that this girl
even with the worst attitude in the world should be made as an example to get the rest of them to talk either.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:46 am

she didnt say a word in those tapes I saw.
Are you sure? Did you listen to both jail house calls?

This was NOT her first rodeo. She had two or three other charges for selling pills.

However, as I stated upthread, non-violent offenders need to stay out of prison.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:54 am

Im not sure she didnt say anything I only saw the video clips from Nancy Grace - but from what I understand she didnt have anything to say about the selling of the pills - that was only Misty and Ron. Yes she had priors, but I wonder what exactly her sentences were for her priors and what they charged her with. Maybe if on the first sentence they gave her
a good boot camp alternative and made her go away for a year to 18 months she would have straightened out. We can only try to get them to get well and not addicted and Im not saying she should not have been punished. Im just saying that serving 12 years is absolutely wrong for what she did. How many cases of horrific abuse of children have we seen where they parents get a slap on the wrist, or else children are given back to parents who have ended up killing them.
Why dont judges start sentencing child abusers to heavy jail time? Who do we think they were selling the pills to? Another supplier who will get them on the street and sell them to ordinary businessmen, housewives, professionals in every capacity as this type of drug-taking has become an epidemic.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:20 am

This is probably to send messages to everyone in that county-that you will NOW do time becuase we are sick of our towns being the frontrunners in drug sales.
They may feel that they are getting a big lead and a way to combat this epidemic.
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum