Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

+18
raine1953
jeanne1807
Lilone
cherylz
NiteSpinR
adelacruz
charminglane
CritterFan1
janie
artgal16
trishd54
lisette
Marica
frogs
Nama
TerryRose
ladyjustice37
Wrapitup
22 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Re: Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Post by charminglane Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:20 am

This is probably to send messages to everyone in that county-that you will NOW do time becuase we are sick of our towns being the frontrunners in drug sales.
They may feel that they are getting a big lead and a way to combat this epidemic.

charminglane

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Re: Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Post by trishd54 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:25 am

I'm sure part of it's intent too is to scare the *&^$ out of the rest of them (Misty et al)

over reaction
trishd54
trishd54

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:25 am

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick thought and I haven't read the last pages of posts, so hope I am not butting in here, but after watching NG last night and seeing Hope Sykes, it brought back a HUGE Memory of the girl who was seen in that video survellance way back when, delivering that "letter". Remember that? Does anyone else see the resemblance?

Could she have been the letter delivery person? Could she also know what happened to HL? Just a thought to Ponder!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:28 am

Artgal, she DOES talk about the pills in the two jailhouse calls. They are a must-hear to get the full picture. I posted the link upthread. Just scroll down and you will see where to listen once you click the link. And, she got 15 years, not 18. She will be out at age 33, but in all reality..could be out at age 30.

I do agree with you about child abusers. Completely.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:32 am

I think she was sentenced to the max. for 3 reasons.
* her total contempt for the court
*not a 1st offense...from what we are told
*she was "used", "made an example of" to show the others that their sentence will even be worse. Will they now start talking?
I too believe that non-violent offenders should be kept out of the prison system. The violent offenders are more than likely not ever going to change. This is the only place for them so that others are not in harms way. The drug addicts (non-violent) need rehab...although that in itself is a long and costly journey.
Having said this, I have to admit when Sykes was handed down this sentence my 1st reaction was..."good, maybe now the others will talk". I see the 2 cases as being interrelated. duct and run
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by trishd54 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:43 am

Mommyof3, I found an old link with a pic of the woman that dropped off the letter - http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=114176&catid=8

It's not Hope
trishd54
trishd54

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Joe Overstreet’s Body Language Analysis Shows Signals of Deception. But What Did Haleigh’s Father Ron’s Previous Body Language Show ?

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:27 am

JOE OVERSTREET, MISTY CROSLINS COUSIN SHOWS MULTIPLE SIGNALS OF DECPTION WHEN HE SPEAKS ABOUT HALIEGH CUMMINGS

Photobucket
As soon as Misty’s cousin Joe Overstreet opened his mouth at the presser, he says ” I can’t imagine what they’re going through.” On the next breath he says “ I didn’t do it,” as he purses his lips and blinks excessively. Body language wise, these are two major signals of deception. “

LIP PURSING AND LOOKING DOWN

Speech wise when he says “I can’t imagine what they are going through.” He is making a statement of sympathy, But there is no body language or facial language to demonstrate that sympathetic feeling or emotion. That is a huge “tell” as well.

Then a reporter immediately repeats his words in the form of a question “You didn’t do it?" Joe, says no and purses his lips and looks down which body-language wise means that he is holding something back and that he is ashamed or embarrassed about something.

PULSATING JAW

You also see the side of his jaw pulsating, which means he has tension there because he is clenching. When people do this, it means they are usually not telling the truth. We saw this a lot with OJ during his first trial where he was accused of killing his wife Nicole.

VOCAL FRY

Vocal fry means there is a creakiness in the voice. When it happens at the end of statements, It is the body’s way of taking over and not wanting to lie. It is the vocal muscle tightening up during the lie and thus closing off the airstream. As he says “if I knew who did it I would go straight to the cops and say who did it",His voice is completely raspy and closed off as he says this. His voice completely dies off at the end.

JOE’S ATTORNEY SIGNALS HIS CLIENT AND SHOWS SIGNALS OF DECEPTION

Photobucket

Watching Joe’s attorney was also very telling. Even though he said all of the right words in an attempt to defend and protect his client, his body language said it all. It believed his words.

Attorney Sigro had his hand on his clients leg as you can see in the photo in an attempt to signal to his client not to talk. The attorney, when speaking about his client, also shook his head no when he should have been shaking it yes in the affirmative. When someone does this incongruent head shaking, chances are pretty high they are not telling the truth.

Photobucket

The attorney does this when he says that his client’s alibi can be corroborated. When the attorney says the words “that as his scheduled time to leave, the attorney not only shakes his head no when he should be shaking it yes, he purses his lips which means he is holding back information and like his client Joe Overstreet, the attorney exhibits consistent glottal frying, He speaks in a monotone without passion or conviction for his client. This is also very telling. Perhaps his lack of vocal conviction translates into his knowing that his client will most likely get a conviction.

REPEATING A QUESTION IS A SIGNAL OF DECEPTION

Then a reporter asks Overstreet, “Do you know who did it?” Overstreet immediately parrots back the question “Do I know who did it?” That is a HUGE signal that he may not be telling us the truth. When a person answers a question with a question, it usually means that they are buying time to make up some response. They are usually trying to formulate a made up answer in their mind.

MISTY’S GRANDMA FLORA HOLLARS SHOWS NO SIGNALS OF DECEPTION

One thing is for sure, there sure is strong family resemblance between Misty’s grandmother, her mother and herself. Her grandmother seemed very sweet and down to earth and extremely polite and cooperative,. She also did not appear to show any signals of deception when she spoke with Nancy Grace during her televised interview.

During the interview where Nancy looked absolutely devastated to have to listen to what Misty’s grandmother was saying, she gave three horrific scenarios as to what she heard happened to little Haleigh. She begins saying that one scenario was that Joe and a friend threw a yellow rope around Haleigh’s neck and “throwed her into the river .”

The next scenario is the one that I believe the most and that is that “Misty knocked her in the head and killed her", got Joey and Tommy to get rid of her.

Then she told Nancy “I was told first thing Joe killed her I don’t know if she was dead when she hit the water. May have came from Misty,”

BEGINNING TO MAKE SENSE

Now the pieces seem to be falling into place. There was no question in my mind that Misty knew what happened to little Haleigh. Someone hit little Haleigh that caused her to not wake up. Was it Ron, who had an alleged history of violence towards his daughter. Did Ron strike the first blow to his daughter? When he went to work, did Misty continue where Ron left off? Did Haleigh not wake up after Misty hit her in the head? Is that why Tommy and Joe and perhaps someone else came over to get rid of Haleigh to manufacture a story that the little girl was kidnapped?

Was their attempt at stealing Ron’s shotgun designed to make it look like a robbery and kidnapping gone bad? Did they put a yellow rope around a comatose or lifeless Haleigh’s neck, so they could weigh her down so her body wouldn’t float back up in the river?

RON’S POSSIBLE INVOLVEMENT?

There is no doubt that Haleigh’s father Ron’s body language was a bit odd from the start. While it was obvious that 17 year old girlfriend who later became his wife Misty Croslin’s body language indicated that she was not sharing all that she knew.’

She showed multiple signals of deception throughout her various interviews, there were many body language signals I was picking up from Ron Cummings that I found disturbing as well.

RON’S ODD BEHAVIOR

First off was his hurrying to marry Misty to no doubt to protect him from perhaps being prosecuted as a child molester and being with an underage Misty at the time.

His control over Misty during the Greta van Sustern interview and Today show interview and inconsistent statements make me wonder if he didn’t already know what happened to his daughter.

His ingratiatinging politeness towards Miss Nancy while he as interviewed by her disturbed me as did the time Ron hurled himself on the ground for what seemed to be the camera’s sake and there were non-tears.

RON WAS TOO “SURE” HALEIGH WAS TAKEN

What I found most disturbing was that he was SURE Haleigh was taken. There was no wavering that his daughter was alive. Most people who’s daughter was missing for a year would at least wonder if their daughter was still alive or had been killed, but not Ronald. That struck me as being peculiar.

“I WAS AT WORK ! ” WAS RON BUILDING AN ALIBI?

Then there was a verbal theme that permeated EVERY interview- his alibi that “ I was at work.”

He even had a Chesire cat grin when he spoke on camera about how he was at work. Now that we have recently seen footage of him in the car selling drugs to an undercover officer, you hear the same ”I was at work” theme.

HALEIGH NOT A VICTIM OF A DOPE BOY ACCORDING TO RON, WHO “WAS AT WORK”

According to the Urban Dictionary, a Dope Boy is a term mainly used in the South to describe a young male that moves hard drugs (ex. cocaine, crack), as well as the standard marijuana and prescription pills to a specific geographic area or neighborhood .

In the undercover tape, Ron is offering up to the “cop” why his daughter was not the victim of a “dope boy.” He says:

“Dope boys don’t come out to get your kid like that. If you owe the dope boy that much money they come in right here. They come in and kill right there. They kill your daughter, your girlfriend and your son and when you come home then you be the one to see it. You know what I mean.”

In his scenario he is no doubt saying that a drug mover would not have taken Haleigh but, instead would have killed her, Misty, and his son so when he “got home from work” he would have seen what happened.

DID GERALD RIVERA’S IN YOUR FACE INTERVIEW TELL US WHAT WE WANT TO KNOW?

Love him or hate him, no one can do an interview like Geraldo Rivera. Having watched Geraldo up close and personal back in the day when I was a regular on his show in New York for years, I can tell you that he knows how to ruffle feathers, make compelling TV, and get right to the heart of the matter.

Geraldo boldly says to Ron as he interviewed him that he talked to Marcus and Chad during the Vigil who said that Ron said he was 75 percent sure who took Haleigh.

RONALD CUMMINGS : There is no way — I do not know who took Haleigh. If I had — if I had, uh, five percent of where Haleigh was at, I would be there now and not here.

RONALD CUMMINGS : Yes, they’re absolutely lying. No, for no reason have I ever told anybody that I have any clue where my child is at. If I had any clue where my child — you know, national TV, they’re a bunch of liars. Chad and whoever told you this are a bunch of liars. I never even spoke with them.

When people speak in fragments it’s often a signal of deception. Ron has told everyone else on national TV that he is SURE Haleigh is alive, so why wouldn’t he say the same thing to Chad and Marcus.

GERALDO ASKS IF RON HIT HALEIGH

GERALDO RIVERA : They told — they told me that you hit Haleigh. Is that true?

RONALD CUMMINGS : No. Never, ever have I ever hit my child. Me and my child have an agreement. Daddy, daughter. She has been spanked on her behind the way DCF says that you can take care of disciplining your children.

This fragmented statement with way too much information leads me to believe that perhaps Ron may have indeed hit Haleigh

GERALDO RIVERA : You never backhanded her to the face?

RONALD CUMMINGS : [OVERLAP] Never. Never have I ever backhanded my child in the face, ever.

(When someone repeats your exact words ie. “ backhanded child to the face” chances are that this is a signal of deception and that they are not being forthright).

GERALDO RIVERA : Did you hit Crystal when she was pregnant?

RONALD CUMMINGS : No. I did not. Never.

GERALDO RIVERA : You didn’t hit her in the back of the head and kick her?

RONALD CUMMINGS : No. No. I never have.

GERALDO RIVERA : You swear to God you never hit your pregnant woman?

RONALD CUMMINGS : [OVERLAP] Never. Never, never have I ever hit any woman, period. Never. And I’d like to know where all these allegations are coming from because I would like to talk — talk to law enforcement and have these false allegations, um, known that, um, the false allegations against me, somebody needs criminal charges pressed against them.

GERALDO BUSTS RON IN A LIE REGARDING HIS DRUG INVOLVEMENT

GERALDO RIVERA : What about the allegations of cocaine use, methamphetamine use?

RONALD CUMMINGS : There’s nothing. I do not do drugs.

GERALDO RIVERA : You don’t do drugs? All those arrests were all —

RONALD CUMMINGS : No.

GERALDO RIVERA : Do you work for the police? Are you an informant?

RONALD CUMMINGS : No, I am not an informant. I do not work for the police. I work for PDM, which is a, um, bridge building company. That’s who I work for.

GERALDO RIVERA : And you’ve never been involved in the drug trade?

RONALD CUMMINGS : No.

GERALDO RIVERA : And when they tell me they saw bricks of marijuana that you had in the house, plants all around the house, is that a lie?

RONALD CUMMINGS : It is absolutely a lie and I would like to know where the information is coming from so that I can get, um, the proper authorities to take care of this.

GERALDO RIVERA : You’re — put all this stuff aside. If some associate of yours, some associate that had something to do with drugs and this is not about drugs but if these people are on the dark side of life, don’t you think that you should share that information? Share — tell us about — when you told Marcus and Chad that you were 75 percent sure and you had your gun ready and your — and you had your gun ready and you were gonna go get em, didn’t you say that? Isn’t that a fact, Ron?

RONALD CUMMINGS : No, it is not a fact.

GERALDO RIVERA : Why would they make that up? Why would they make that up?

RONALD CUMMINGS : I don’t know why they would make [OVERLAP] for you. But I — I am fixing [OVERLAP] to have the law called right here, right now because you’re making up things or they’re making up things and you’re getting into —

GERALDO RIVERA : I am — I am relating to you what they are saying.

RONALD CUMMINGS : [OVERLAP] My face, man.

MALE : You need to back off, man. That’s my son.

GERALDO RIVERA : Alright. Well I’m sorry — I am sorry for what has happened.

FEMALE : No, you’re not sorry. [OVERLAPPED CONVERSATION]

MALE : You need to go.

FEMALE : We are — [OVERLAPPED CONVERSATION] Listen. You wanna come up here and make [OVERLAP] allegations. Why don’t you go back to —

GERALDO RIVERA : These are not my allegations, maam. These are not my allegations. You have to understand that.

FEMALE : [OVERLAP] Okay. [OVERLAP] All we care about —

GERALDO RIVERA : You have to understand this is not my allegation. Don’t touch him, don’t touch him, please. We’re leaving. Come on, let’s go. Let’s go.

RONALD CUMMINGS : [OVERLAP] I wanted you to see that all this is about is my daughter. I love you, baby. [OVERLAP] If you are out there, I want you to know that I love you and I will find you, baby. I love you. And two, whoever — whoever has you, please bring my daughter home to me. I love my daughter. I love you, baby. I will find you.

GERALDO RIVERA : You believe she’s alive then?

RONALD CUMMINGS : I’m always gonna believe that my daughter’s alive until they find

GERLADO’S INTERVIEW MAKES YOU WONDER

Based ON Geraldo, questions and what we know now, Ron was definitely involved in the drug trade, so he lied about that. If he lied about that it makes you wonder if he lied about backhanding or cracking Haleigh across the face. WE know that recently in his interview he said he would kill the person who took Haleigh.

RON TAKING THE ONESS OFF OF HIMSELF

Does he keep saying that Haleigh is alive and that he would kill the person who has her to take the onus off of him?

He says that he picked Haleigh up from school and then went to work but did he? He has lied about so many things. Did he pick her up from school, get mad at her and backhand her as Geraldo said or hit her and accidentally kill her?

Did he place her on the bed? Did Misty try to wake Haleigh up by hitting her over the head with a board? Did she freak out because Haleigh was now not even breathing? Did she then call her brother Tommy and cousin to make it look like a robbery and dispose of little Haleigh’s body?

Did Ron accidently kill her and leave her on the bed for Misty to deal with? Did he go to work all the while knowing that his daughter was comatose or no longer alive?

Or did he pick her up from school and take her home. While she was in the house, did she get into some drugs, thinking they were candy and overdose on them? Did Misty discover that Haleigh got into the drugs and try to dispose of her body?

DO PHOTO’S OF HALEIGH’S FACE LOOK DYSMORPHIC OVER TIME?
Photobucket

In looking at Haleigh's photo's. it seems that her face does indeed look a bit misshapen as she got older.

And please DO NOT tell me it is because she has Turner Syndrome. After doing a post doctoral fellowship in the field of Medical Genetics, I know ALL about Turner Syndrome and how it looks.

It is accompanied by low set ears and a short webbed neck. As those with this condition grow they are often short in stature. Since they have only have one X Chromosome, they are rendered infertile and cannot bear children as they mature. So her changing appearance had NOTHING to do with her Turner Syndrome.
Photobucket

Did Ron have anything to do with this change in her facial appearance ? Did his alleged backhanding Haleigh in the face create her facial imbalance ? It seems suspicious to me. Also look at the photo where the bridge of Haleighs nose is swollen and her eye is a bit off center from when she was a baby.
Photobucket

9ll CALL IS SUSPICIOUS

When the 911 operator talks to Ron, he says “ I JUST GOT HOME FROM WORK, IF I FIND WHO TOOK MY DAUGHTER I WILL KILL THEM.

He then repeats this threat several times

WHAT????????? Most people who were missing a child would go into the woods even in the dark or wonder why she walked off .. Was Ron setting himself up for an alibi? Did he want LE to believe that the child was taken to get the onus off of him? Was he misdirecting their effort?

Also why was then 17 year old Misty calling 911 instead of father Ron? It was after all HIS daughter, As we all saw in the Greta tapes, Ron is a “ take charge kind of guy.” So why didn’t he take charge that night?

GRETA INTERVIEW AND REVELATION

He tells Greta “ Someone stole my child when I was at work.” Ron makes sure to always mention at work as his alibi.

He then says “I know someone took her I know for sure she didn’t wander off. She’s afraid of the dark.”

RON’S FIRST JAILHOUSE INTERVIEW TO REPORTER DAN TREEN

SS soon as Ron ends up in Jail, and does an interview with journalist Dan Treen, he makes the threat with a lot of bravado that he is going to kill the person who has Haleigh. He is too sure that someone has Haleigh which makes me once again wonder if that is not his way to mislead authorities who so they will take the focus of f of him

TOMMY CROSLIN

Why did Tommy Croslin get a headless rat in the mail allegedly from Ron? A headless rat means “don’t rat me out.”

Also why was he allegedly knocking on Misty’s door at 10 PM. Was he aware that Haleigh'€™s dead body was being displaced by a man in black? Did he stop by at that late hour to on his sister to see if things were OK? Was he checking to see if his sister was home from disposing of body with the man in black who may be Cousin Joe?

WAS COUSIN JOE THE MAN IN BLACK?

We KNOW FOR SURE THAT THE MAN IN BLACK WAS NOT Johhny Cash. But who was the man whom the the 4 year old boy said he saw take Haleigh?

When Geraldo confronted Ron about it. Ron said that it was his ex wife’s doing in telling the boy to say that . But 4 year olds are smart and they know and they see and they remember.

Was the man in black cousin Joe? Was the man in black then man who moved the body?

WHAT DOES RON’S MOM KNOW?

Ron’s mom is supporting her son, but there is something about her body language tells with shoulder shrugs that are strange to me. She is over protectiveve of Ron to the point that she gets in Geraldo’s face after he hits Ron with what may be the truth that hurts too close to the bone

In a Julie Chen interview on CBS she is a monotone and nonchalant as she is by Misty’s side. Misty looks drugged out of her mind and shrugs her shoulders . a signal of deception, But Ron's mother shows no emotion whatsoever. It makes me wonder if she already knew her grand daughter was dead.

MISTY’S INCONSISTENCIES

Misty told Greta Van Sustern she did not sleep with Haleigh.

Misty told Nancy Grace Hailey was not in bed with her, indicating they slept together

Misty also said at one time Hailey was asleep in the same bed with her brother.

Misty said she checked all the bedrooms, but there is only one room in the trailer.

Misty said she was washing the sheets and put a blanket over Haleigh when she was sleeping.

Misty told Meredith Viera she was in her bed.

Misty told Nancy Grace that she and Haleigh were in bed together.

Misty also said she went to bed at 10 PM and woke up at 3. Ron said he called Misty at 3:25 as he was pulling into the driveway.

I want to know a. what happened in those 25 minutes when Misty reported she woke up to the time Ron called her as he pulled into the driveway. And WHY would anyone call anyone as they were pulling into the driveway when they would see the person in a matter of seconds?

BOTTOM LINE

While Cousin Joe looks very suspicious, nothing happens in a vacuum. There is always a cause and an effect. Something caused him to allegedly come over to the Cummings trailer after dark. I am still suspicious of whether Misty, Ron or both of them harmed this innocent little girl before her body was disposed of.

http://drlillianglass.com/body-language-blog/2010/04/18/joe-overstreets-body-language-analysis-shows-signals-of-deception-but-what-did-haleigh%E2%80%99s-father-ron%E2%80%99s-previous-body-language-show/

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 04, 2010 12:27 am

Art Harris Reports Tommy’s Timeline Recant; Misty Says Showed me where Haleigh dumped

From Bald Truth Staff, The Bald Truth, 9c) www.artharris.com

For those who missed Art Harris’s Friday night exclusives on Nancy Grace, here they are: Misty Croslin claims her brother, Tommy Croslin, took her to the dock to show her where he said he and his country cousin, Joe Overstreet, dumped the body of missing Haleigh Cummings, the five year old Misty was babysitting when she reported the five year old missing.

Now, with is devoted wife, Lindsay, finally filing for divorce last week, how do you think that could affect the brother Misty keeps throwing under the bus, as well as the police investigation?

please read the rest of this article here:

http://www.artharris.com/2010/05/03/haleigh-cummings-is-tommy-croslin-still-lying/#more-4297
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 06, 2010 9:32 pm

Thanks, BJ. I was just getting ready to post this. LOL.

The comments on Simon's blog are interesting.

Geez, Hardy's son is a druggie. Wonder why the last name is different.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by trishd54 Fri May 07, 2010 7:23 am

I'm not sure about the Sheriff's son's last name, maybe he kept his mothers last name?
trishd54
trishd54

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Dad: Misty, Hank 'Didn't Hurt Haleigh' ~ Parents Of Misty Cummings, Hank Croslin Jr. Talk About Haleigh Case

Post by Wrapitup Fri May 07, 2010 2:21 pm

POSTED: Friday, May 7, 2010
UPDATED: 2:59 pm EDT May 7, 2010

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Hank Croslin Sr. swears he doesn't know what happened to missing 6-year-old Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings.

"I know my daughter and son didn't hurt Haleigh," said Croslin, 41, the father of Misty Cummings and Hank Croslin Jr. "My heart goes out to Haleigh's parents, Ronald (Cummings) and all of them. I don't know what happened that day. I still don't know what happened."

The Croslin name has become synonymous with the missing girl now presumed dead by investigators. Croslin Sr. said the case has destroyed his family.

On Friday, he talked to Channel 4 for the first time.

"They didn't hurt that baby. That's the one thing I can tell you," he said of his son and daughter. "They don't have the heart to do that."

"It's like the whole world has condemned us, and we didn't do nothing."

Croslin Sr.'s children remain in jail on drug charges unrelated to the Haleigh case. He said he speaks to them when he can, but they don't like to discuss the case over the phone because they know the calls will be made public.

"She just cries and says, 'Mom, I don't want to be in here forever,'" said Lisa Croslin, the mother of Misty Cummings and Hank Croslin Jr., of her conversations with Cummings. "Like I told her, there's nothing I can do."

For five months, Croslin Sr. and his 40-year-old wife have called a tiny room home. They stay in a board house in Putnam County and are unemployed. They said they don't think anyone will hire them because of their reputation.

"You live one day at a time," Croslin Sr. said. "You just hope you can make it through that day."

When asked how much money they have in their pockets, Croslin Sr. said, "Not a penny."

The parents were asked that when the Haleigh case comes to an end, will their son and daughter be vindicated for the girl's disappearance.

Croslin Sr. said: "I think they'll be found innocent, yeah, of not harming her. I don't know what happened -- what they know or what happened -- but I know either one of them didn't hurt that baby."

crap

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23488043/detail.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 08, 2010 1:56 am

Must see video of Hank and Lisa Croslin, Misty and Tommy's parents. It looks like Lisa now has teeth and is that a Miller High Life I see sitting there? Yet, they have no money????

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23490815/index/index.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun May 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Offender Name: HOPE A SYKES
Offender ID: 155265
Date of Birth: 03/24/1991
Custody Status: In Custody
Scheduled Release Date: 01/16/2025
Location of Offender: Lowell Annex
Race: White

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/detailsAction.do?siteId=10000&agency=900&id=155265&searchType=offender
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Jailhouse visit increasingly used in court cases

Post by Nama Sun May 09, 2010 7:50 pm

At her sentencing hearing last month on drug-trafficking charges, 19-year-old Hope Sykes was heard in a recorded declaration saying prosecutors "can kiss my - - -" over a possible six-year sentence as a youthful offender.

The judge who instead sent Sykes to prison for 15 years never mentioned the comment, but the intent of the prosecutors who played the recording was clear.

"They thought it was ammunition against her remorse," Bill Bookhammer, the chief assistant public defender in Putnam County, said of the prosecution.

Using defendants' words against them is not a new tactic in courtrooms.

Increasingly, however, jailhouse phone calls, images from inmate visits with family and recordings in police operations are aired in public where they can steer opinion.

Sykes' arrest pulled her into the high-profile investigation of HaLeigh Cummings, the 5-year-old who disappeared in February 2009 and remains missing. Sykes' cousin, Ronald Cummings, is HaLeigh's father and was arrested in the same undercover drug operation.

The arrest with Cummings and others in the trafficking case swept Sykes up in a saga that has inundated the public with images and recordings as interest in the cases escalated.

Negative pretrial publicity has been shown to have an impact on jury perceptions in trials, said Lora Levett, an assistant psychology of law professor at the University of Florida.

"It has a potential to have an impact on jurors' decisions," she said.

'Sports Center' for justice system

Former State Attorney Rod Smith, whose office in Gainesville drew national attention as it prepared the prosecution of Danny Rolling following the grisly 1990 slaying of five University of Florida students, said defense attorneys begin to position themselves early and prosecutors are under pressure to get their side of the story out.

"I think both sides try cases more in the public arena than they ever would have 10 or 20 years ago," he said.

Part of the strategy may be to get the trial venue changed, get judges to recuse themselves or influence the jury pool, Smith said.

The thirst for details has increased dramatically, driving how cases are covered, even as the number of outlets reporting on cases has also grown, he said.

"There are now shows that focus on information, paid-for information, that goes to the guilt or innocence [of the accused person]," he said.

Coverage of such cases has reached entertainment levels, he said.

"I think it is Sports Center for the criminal justice system," he said.

The undercover drug operation that caught Sykes and Cummings in January was separate from the investigation of HaLeigh's case but drew attention because others arrested were Misty Croslin, who was home with HaLeigh the night of the disappearance and called 911, her brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. and her friend Donna Brock.

Images taken in undercover cars, of visits between family and those arrested have been widely broadcast since then.

"I find it hard to believe that opinions have not been formed by an overwhelming majority of the people in Putnam County," Smith said.

Had it not been for HaLeigh's disappearance, "few people had interest in another drug-trafficking case in rural Florida," he said.

"There are some real dangers of injustice if we do not get a handle on this," he said.

Some, including St. Johns County Sheriff David Shoar, argue that phone calls and visits between inmates and family members are private even though inmates know their calls are recorded.

He noted that many people held in county jails have been accused of a crime but not been found guilty.

"It's kind of a fine line between privacy and the public's right to know," he said.

Corrections officers should sift calls for evidence or to prevent crimes, but Shoar said public access to those calls steps over the line.

He said it is not an all-or-none question.

"Right now there is probably not a solution," he said.

Hank Croslin Sr., father of Misty and Tommy, said people frequently recognize him and his wife on the street. Both are shown in jail visitation recordings talking with their children.

"I don't see how they can get a fair trial here," he said. "If they had a jury trial, I know she wouldn't get a fair trial."

Judgment call

Under Florida public records law, information gathered by police is broadly available if the agency or prosecutors do not believe it is pertinent to an investigation, which is redacted by the agency.

Bookhammer, the public defender, said inmates do not have an expectation of privacy in phone calls and visits.

Croslin Sr. said his son will no longer discuss his case in calls home and his daughter also says less.

Maj. Gary Bowling of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, which is investigating the HaLeigh case and also made the trafficking arrests, said the agency is releasing information only under public information requests.

He said the impact on the public is not something that is considered and "I think it's difficult to quantify."

Former Florida Bar president Hank Coxe of Jacksonville said he sees the higher interest in cases but that does not change the broader picture.

Judges still have the ability to protect information, he said.

Prosecutors are still not permitted to release information that would be prejudicial in a case, he said, adding that even non-pertinent information will find an audience.

Any information released in a case can have "sex appeal to a certain portion of the public," he said.

Coxe, who routinely handles high-profile cases, is representing one of two defendants in an extortion case involving Quinn Hanna Gray, a Ponte Vedra Beach woman accused in a plot to extort $50,000 from her husband. He represents Gray's co-defendant, Jasmin Osmanovic, who has entered a guilty plea and will be sentenced in August.

Coxe declined to discuss the case, which also included hours of recordings, mostly of interviews by investigators with Gray, Osmanovic and others closely connected.

Generally, the judicial system has to be more creative to ensure that the judicial process is protected.

Improperly handled, a defendant's rights could be unfairly harmed.

"It certainly has that potential," he said.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-05-09/jailhouse-visit-increasingly-used-court-cases
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sun May 09, 2010 8:44 pm

Definitely a Miller on the nightstand.
Must be Mother's Day in Satsuma.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 09, 2010 9:16 pm

it's probably Mother's Day or some damned holiday in Satsuma Every day! drunk
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon May 10, 2010 3:39 pm

it's World Hypertension Day today!
Party down in Satsuma, let's roll, crack me a tall boy for the ride!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Ronald Cummings Heads To Court For Drug Charges

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 8:37 am

The father of a missing Putnam County girl heads to court Thursday to talk about his drug trafficking charges.
Ronald Cummings will take part in a pre-trial hearing at 9 a.m. in Palatka.
The father of Haleigh Cummings is charged in a drug trafficking ring.
His ex-wife Misty Croslin is also charged in the case along with her brother Hank Croslin Jr.
Misty Croslin is the last known person to see Haleigh Cummings.

http://www.wesh.com/news/23538675/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 13, 2010 8:43 am

BJ and I started a thread on this at the same time. LOL. This is one we need to keep an eye on. I wish it wasn't just a pre-trial conference. I have a feeling he could get out of jail today due to the records I posted over the weekend.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 13, 2010 8:58 am

NO, there was a new thread but when BJ posted here, I deleted mine. It is fine where it is. LOL.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Haleigh's father negotiating for 15-year sentence in drug case

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 10:46 am

In exchange for testimony at possible trials of his former wife and her brother, Ronald Cummings is negotiating for a 15-year sentence on drug-trafficking charges, his attorney said this morning.

Following a a pretrial hearing in Putnam County where the father of missing Haleigh Cummings was given a July 19 trial date, his attorney said he and Cummings hope to have the deal within two weeks or possibly within a week.

An attempt stalled Wednesday to make a deal with the state, said Terry Shoemaker, who is representing Cummings. He said Cummings will agree to testify at trials of Misty Croslin, who was briefly married to Cummings, and her brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr.

The sentencing range would likely be a 15-year minimum mandatory with a possible 30-year maximum, Shoemaker said. As part of the deal, the two most serious trafficking charges against Cummings would be dropped and the sentence would be for the three less serious charges, which are evaluated by the weight of the drugs involved.

Shoemaker said surveillance evidence of eight undercover drug deals including five that included Cummings, was a significant factor.

"It's a great case for the state," he said.

He said Cummings was a realistic person.

"You can only work with the hand you are dealt," he said.

Cummings and the two Croslins were among five people caught in a drug-trafficking sting that ended in January.

Shoemaker said negotiations are not finished but part of the expected deal would mean Cummings would not be sentenced until after the Croslins are tried if those cases go to a jury.

Croslin Jr. is scheduled for court this afternoon for a pretrial conference.

At his pretrial conference, he could offer to accept a plea agreement if one has been worked out with prosecutors. Otherwise, the judge will assign a trial date and a final date the court will accept a negotiated deal.

Misty Croslin is scheduled for court in June.

She was at home in Satsuma with Haleigh Cummings the night the 5-year-old disappeared in February 2009. Haleigh has not been found and the sheriff just recently conceded the case is being considered a homicide.

Shoemaker said the disappaearance of Haleigh, while not related to the trafficking case, made resolving the drug case more difficult.

"It's made it harder for all of us to have negotiations," he said.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-05-13/story/haleighs-father-negotiating-15-year-sentence-drug-case
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 10:47 am

Ronald Cummings, the father of missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings, is set to stand trial on drug-trafficking charges on July 19, but his lawyer said Cummings will likely agree to a plea deal before then.

Speaking after a hearing before Circuit Judge Terry LaRue in Palatka Thursday morning, attorney Terry Shoemaker said Cummings, 26, will likely agree to plead to three of five charges. Each of those three charges carries a minimum mandatory prison sentence of 15 years.

Two of the five charges - involving trafficking in larger amounts of prescription drugs - carry a minimum sentence of 25 years. Shoemaker said the tentative deal in the works involves dropping those two, more severe charges. The plea deal might be completed by July 1, he said. Cummings would agree to testify against his co-defendants and would be sentenced after those case went to trial.

"Everyone in the world has seen the [undercover] videos," Shoemaker said. "It's kind of hard. It's a great case for the state."

His client is "hanging in there," Shoemaker said. "He wishes he could do better, but you work with the hand that you're dealt."

Among the four co-defendants are his ex-wife Misty Croslin, the last person known to have seen 5-year-old Haleigh in February 2009; his cousin Hope Sykes; Croslin's brother Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr.; and her friend Donna Brock.

Sykes was sentenced to 15 years in prison last month for one count of trafficking in prescription drugs. Tommy Croslin was scheduled to appear in court for a hearing at 1:30 p.m. Thursday.

Cummings' testimony would relate only to the drug-trafficking case, Shoemaker said, and would not involve his missing child, who authorities now presume is dead.

The lawyer added that investigators told Cummings some time ago that, because Misty Croslin was comfortable living with him, she was more likely to talk about what had happened to Haleigh if they were not together.

"When this first happened, law enforcement always said that Misty feels comfortable about you so she's not going to talk," Shoemaker said, described what Cummings had told him. "They would say, Well, if you weren't married to her, then she would talk.

"There has always been kind of a 'get her out of her element and she may talk more,'" the lawyer added. "I guess getting her in jail is a way of getting her out of her comfort zone."

But Shoemaker added that police were not urging Cummings to divorce Croslin. They did divorce just months after getting married.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100513/ARTICLES/100519729?p=2&tc=pg
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Tommy Croslin Jail Phone Call Fingers Joe Overstreet in Disappearance of Haleigh Cummings

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 10:56 am

In a recently released jail recording, Tommy Croslin told his grandmother who he thinks is responsible for the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings.

Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin's sister and then-girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, put 5-year-old Haleigh to bed in February 2009. Haleigh hasn't been seen since.

Misty Croslin and Cummings married, then divorced, and both, along with Tommy Croslin, have been arrested on drug charges.

Tommy Croslin is being held in St. Johns County. In mid-April, the search for Haleigh intensified for three days based on a tip from him.

Investigators searched an area around a public boat ramp south of Satsuma, the town where Ronald Cummings lived and where Haleigh was last seen.

On April 11, he spoke to his grandmother, Flora Hollars, from jail, and that call has now been released.

HEAR THE ENTIRE PHONE CALL IN THE VIDEO ON THE RIGHT

In it, he tells Hollars to get his wife on the phone, asking for his lawyer.

"I need her to get my lawyer down here, it's important," Croslin said.

"I have to do something that I should have done a long time ago...just scared, don't want no one to hurt my kids." He has three children.

"Do you know, Tommy?" Hollars asked him.

"All I know is he's got to pay; he can't get to none of us so it don't matter," Croslin replied.

"It ain't me. No, it's not me, she (his wife, Lindsey) should know that...she's already heard the story," he continued.

"Is it the story that Misty said?" Hollars asked.

"Yeah, that's it."

"Joe?"

"Yep."

"Joe" is Joe Overstreet, a cousin who lives in Nashville, Tenn. As the investigation intensified at the boat ramp, investigators in Tennessee interviewed Overstreet, but did not arrest him.

"Okay, that's what I've been thinking all along," Hollars continued in the phone call. "I've said it all along."

"But he can't get to me, he can't get to them, so they'll take care of it," Croslin said.

Hollars offered her version of the story in the recording. "I was told that Ron come home, and Haleigh had took one, found one of his pills, and took it and was dead, and Ron called you to get you to come up there and help Misty..."

"That's bull****," Croslin interrupted.

"...Clean the house up while he disposed of Haleigh," Hollars finished.

"That's bull****," Croslin repeated.

"Okay, well I'm glad you're telling me the truth, baby, because I've been wanting to hear it for a long time, but I knowed it. I knowed it in my heart, all this time I've knowed it."

Croslin then told her that "Joe" is "crazy" and tried to kill them all, repeating frequently his concern for his children.

Croslin's attorney, James Werter, said in a statement today that Croslin is not culpable in the disappearance of Haleigh, and has been cooperating since April 11 despite threats to his family.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=155977&catid=3
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Trial date for Ron/ July 19

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 11:59 am

A Putnam County judge has set a tentative trial date of July 19 for Ronald Cummings on his drug trafficking charges.
Cummings' lawyer said Thursday he expects a plea deal to be reached before then.
Cummings, the father of missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings, was arrested in January on the drug charges unrelated to his daughter's case.
Also arrested were Misty Cummings, Ronald Cummings' ex-wife, and Hank Croslin Jr., Misty Cummings' brother.
Misty Cummings, charged with eight counts of selling prescription drugs, is being held on $1.35 million bond, while Ronald Cummings, charged with five counts of selling prescription drugs, has his bond set at $900,000 bond.
If convicted, Ronald and Misty Cummings could receive a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 years in prison. Hank Croslin, if convicted, could face a minimum sentence of three to 15 years in prison.
Haleigh Cummings disappeared in February 2009. Last month, investigators said the Satsuma girl is most likely dead.
Investigators searched the St. Johns River and found physical evidence, which has been sent to a lab for analysis. They are still awaiting the results.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23541441/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 12:00 pm

So the rumor was true about a plea deal. We will never be told publicly but I would bet my house that Ron Cummings helped set Misty up for this fall. Because he knew she was responsible for what happened to HaLeigh. Without any evidence the only way to make her pay was to set her up. Watch next his bond will be lowered so he can get out jail.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Haleigh Cummings Update – Father Ronald Cummings To Take Plea Deal?

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 1:34 pm

The father of missing Florida girl Haleigh Cummings was in court this morning, he faces a July 19 trial date for his participation in the prescription drug sting that rounded up not just him but also Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes, and the ex Equusearch member Donna Brock.

After the hearing Cummings attorney Terry Shoemaker explained that the trial was unlikely to proceed. His client will most probably accept a plea deal agreeing to plead guilty on three of the five charges. The three charge each carry a minimum sentence of 15 years. Wow, some plea deal, 45 years behind bars! The two charges being dropped each carry a minimum of 25 years, so I guess he is getting a bargain.

Part of the plea deal apparently includes Ronald Cummings agreeing to testify against his co-defendants.

One thing is very clear, the PCSO are playing some very serious hardball with this group. Tommy Croslin is slated to be in court at 1:30pm eastern today, it will be interesting to see how that hearing transpires. For some time he has been saying that the worst case scenario is a three year sentence. I wonder if he might want to rethink that?

Misty Croslin faces the most charges and is facing a three digit year sentence. I would imagine that she is quaking in her boots right about now.

None of this is helping find Haleigh Cummings, but it is clear that the PCSO are determined to get some justice one way or another.

http://www.bloggernews.net/124532
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Haleigh Cummings' father wants deal in drug case

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 2:00 pm

The father of a missing Florida girl is negotiating a plea deal for a 15-year sentence on drug-trafficking charges in exchange for testimony against his ex-wife and her brother.
Attorney Terry Shoemaker said Thursday at a pretrial hearing that his client Ronald Cummings hopes to have the deal before trial begins July 19.
Shoemaker said surveillance evidence of five undercover drug deals with Cummings was a significant factor. He did not immediately return a phone message or an e-mail from The Associated Press.
Cummings, his ex-wife Misty Croslin and her brother were caught in a drug-trafficking sting that ended in January.
Eighteen-year-old Croslin was at home with Haleigh Cummings the night the 5-year-old disappeared in February 2009.
Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy now considers the case a homicide investigation.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/13/1627838/haleigh-cummings-father-wants.html#ixzz0npzYpRIp
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Breaking Audio - Hot off the wire.

http://www.bloggernews.net/124532
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 13, 2010 2:25 pm

I still don't think Ron helped set up a sting operation. Why would he accept a plea deal where he can get up to 30 years? Makes no sense. He knows his goose is cooked and he figures if he can rat out Tommy and Misty and probably Donna Brock and whoever they were getting the pills from, 30 years is a hell of a lot better than life.

and, I do NOT believe Joe Overstreet was involved. Tommy knew that phone call was being taped.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Wrap I will bet my house. :lol!: But you would have to live in Iowa.
I just researched it and convicts in Florida serve 85% of their time minus time served. Ron is asking for a 15 yr sentence in return for his testimony. So he would be out in 12.5 yrs minus time served. It is worth it in my book as Parent to get someone that was responsible for my child being murdered accident or no accident.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 13, 2010 2:52 pm

I don't see Ron willing to be locked up for 12 years. He is, after all, a 25 year old kid. And, there is no guarantee he will only get 12.5 years. He could get 30. We shall see.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 13, 2010 3:11 pm

Ron doesn't look like a man who lost his daughter or is worried about too much, I will say that.

Photobucket
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Now, Tommy, OTOH - who is in court now, looks a tad different than his ex-bro-in-law.

Photobucket
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Tommy Croslin: Still Lying To Cops, Wife?
Tommy Croslin-Grandma Hollars Jailhouse Tape!
From Art Harris, The Bald Truth, (c) www.artharris.com, all rights reserved

Tommy Croslin attorney James S. Werter says the long-awaited release of the taped phone call between his client and his grandmother, Flora Hollars, does not support the graphic details she claims Tommy revealed about what happened to missing Haleigh Cummings.

We’re posting the audio he sent out today of that famous St. John’s County, Florida jailhouse call, which does indeed show Tommy Croslin called Hollars collect and claimed his cousin, Joe Overstreet, was behind the missing five year old’s demise–not him or sister, Misty Croslin.

Please read rest of article here, and it looks like Art Harris w/be on JVM and NG. Whoopteedoo!!

http://www.artharris.com/2010/05/13/tommy-croslin-grandma-hollars-jailhouse-tape/#more-4307
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty AUDIO: The Call That Jumped Started The Search For Haleigh

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 5:10 pm

http://wokv.com/Player/100625631/

New jailhouse phone calls might be a clue about what started a renewed search for Haleigh Cummings.
Hank Croslin Jr. called his grandmother to say that he needs to tell her something that he should have said a long time ago.
Croslin is the brother of Misty Cummings, the last person to see 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings, who has been missing since last February. Cops recently started calling the case a homicide investigation.
In the call with his grandmother, Flora Hollars, Croslin said he's ready to come clean.
"Tell (my mom) I've got to do something that I should have done a long time ago," Croslin said.
Croslin said that a relative is responsible for Haleigh's death but she has doubts.
"I was told (Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings,) come home, and Haleigh took one of those pills and she was dead, and then Ron called you to get you to come up there and help Misty clean the house up, while he disposed of Haleigh," Hollars said.
Croslin denies those claims saying he was threatened to stay quiet or risk being killed.
I'm just scared and I don't want no one to hurt my kids," Croslin said.
Right now, Croslin is in jail in St. Johns County on drug charges. He has not been charged with anything related to Haleigh Cummings.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/05/the-call-that-jumped-started-t.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Hank Croslin Jr.: Relative Killed Haleigh Croslin's Jailhouse Phone Call To Grandmother Released

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 5:12 pm

In a jailhouse phone conversation released Thursday, Hank Croslin Jr. told his grandmother in Tennessee that his conscience has been eating away at him while sitting at the St. Johns County Jail on drug trafficking charges.
Croslin is the brother of Misty Cummings, the former stepmother of missing 6-year-old Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings, who disappeared 15 months ago.
Last month, investigators said the case had become a homicide investigation.
In the call with his grandmother, Flora Hollars, Croslin said he's ready to come clean.
"Tell (my mom) I've got to do something that I should have done a long time ago," Croslin said. "I'm just scared and I don't want no one to hurt my kids."
"I know it. I know it. Oh my God," Hollars said.

Croslin told his grandmother and his mother, who can be heard in the background, that a relative is responsible for Haleigh's death. But Hollars had questions about Croslin and Misty Cummings' involvement.

Hank Croslin Jr. makes his first appearance in court in St. Johns County on drug trafficking charges.
"I was told (Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings,) come home, and Haleigh took one of those pills and she was dead, and then Ron called you to get you to come up there and help Misty clean the house up, while he disposed of Haleigh," Hollars said.
Croslin said that's not what happened at all. Instead, he said he was threatened to stay quiet about the relative responsible for Haleigh's death or risk being killed.
He said that being in jail, he feels out of harm's way. Croslin ended the conversation asking about his sister, Misty, and whether she's shared all she knows about Haleigh.
"Has my sister called you today?" Croslin asked.
"No, I haven't heard from her today," Hollars said. "I thought that was her, but it's you."
Investigators searched the St. Johns River last month and found physical evidence, which has been sent to a lab for analysis. They are still awaiting the results.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23544564/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 13, 2010 5:21 pm

I want to know what happened in court today with Tommy!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty DAMN LIAR!

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 5:58 pm

April 26,
Tommy Croslin’s lawyer, James Werter, spoke to the media and denied that his client had spoken to Misty Croslin’s grandmother, Flora Hollars, on the telephone regarding the disappearance of Florida girl, Haleigh Cummings.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d26-Haleigh-Cummings-case-news-Misty-Croslins-family-lawyer-for-Tommy-Croslin-speak-to-media-part-4
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 13, 2010 6:22 pm

Exactly he is 25 yrs old. I would go to jail with out a second thought if someone killed my child and it was the only way to get justice. I know you don't believe it wrap. But wait and see he will get maybe 15 yrs. So he will be a young 37 yr old when he gets out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Well, he is on tape taking pills in the back seat. Literally ingesting them, so I don't think so. I am certain he wants a plea deal as he will narc on where they got the pills but that has zip to do w/HaLeigh. This is my opinion only and subject to change.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Lawyer says Tommy Croslin is cooperating in Haleigh case

Post by Nama Thu May 13, 2010 7:50 pm

Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., a figure in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, should not serve much jail time if convicted on a drug trafficking charge in part because of his cooperation with authorities in the Haleigh case, his attorney said Thursday.

A phone conversation with his grandmother in which Tommy Croslin implicated his cousin, Joseph Overstreet, as being involved in Haleigh's disappearance is an example of cooperation, attorney James Werter said. Croslin in the same call asked that his wife contact Werter because he wanted to tell authorities about the case.

Croslin faces a minimum mandatory sentence of three years on the trafficking charge, Werter said. That is less than the 15 years faced by co-defendants because Tommy Croslin's case involves a smaller amount of drugs.

Werter also said Croslin was the source of a tip to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement that led to an extensive search of the St. Johns River last month. Authorities said no human remains were found. Other items that were found are being analyzed.

"For the cooperation he has been giving over the Haleigh Cummings case, I would try to argue (his sentence) down...," Werter said. "We brought him to FDLE in Putnam County and that's how they ended up at the river -- through Tommy's help. Otherwise this case would still be in a quagmire. We have the dots, it's just connecting them."

Tommy Croslin is the brother of Misty Croslin, who was then the girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings. Misty Croslin was home with Haleigh, age 5, when Haleigh disappeared the night of Feb. 9 2009. Authorities said they believe Haleigh is dead and have classified the case a homicide.

Werter spoke Thursday after a court hearing on the status of Tommy Croslin's case. He said Croslin had outlined for authorities what happened the night Haleigh disappeared "and he was able to take them to that final destination."

Asked to clarify what he meant by the destination, Werter replied, "For Haleigh, unfortunately." He would not give additional details.

Werter also released a recorded phone conversation that Tommy Croslin made from the St. Johns County Jail in April with his grandmother in Tennessee, Flora Hollars.

Hollars told various media outlets that Tommy Croslin told her that Overstreet took Haleigh from her Satsuma home. Hollars said the two men had earlier gone there to look for a machine gun they were going to steal. She said Overstreet threatened to kill Misty Croslin if she talked.

Hollars also said she was the person who told authorities to search a part of the St. Johns River between Satsuma and Welaka based on information she had gotten from another relative.

Tommy Croslin implicates Overstreet in the taped phone conversation released by Werter on Thursday. Hollars asks, "Is it the story Misty is saying -- Joe?" Croslin replies, "Yeah, that's it."

However, no other details about Haleigh were given.

The conversation starts with Croslin asking that his wife, Lindsy , get in contact with Werter.

"I need her to get my lawyer down here. It's very important. I got to do something that should have been done already," Tommy Croslin said. "I'm just scared. I don't want no one hurting my kids. He's got to pay. He's got to pay for it."

Overstreet, also from Tennessee, has denied the charges. His attorney could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Authorities earlier have said they had interviewed Overstreet. Putnam County Sheriff's Lt. Johnny Greenwood said Thursday the agency would not comment on the matter or discuss whether Overstreet is a suspect.

"We're not making any statements on who we are looking at," Greenwood said.

Werter said he would consider a plea deal for Tommy Croslin from prosecutors.http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100513/ARTICLES/100519677?p=3&tc=pg
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri May 14, 2010 7:14 am

Anybody know if they can drain that river? It would be interesting to tell those nuts that they would drain the river on their story but if they find nothing..they all get life.

We have a river in Southern Indiana with tons of houses and it is really long. They stop the flow to that river every few years. People recover all kinds of things and they fix their piers.

I just wondered if they could drain that St. James to look for Haleigh.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri May 14, 2010 9:02 am

Doubtful, Jeanne as it is a huge river that flows all the way to the east coast. It's the St. John's River and I believe a few pages back, Wikepedia of that river was posted.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 12 Empty Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home, according to his attorney James Werter

Post by Nama Fri May 14, 2010 11:10 am

Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home, according to his attorney James Werter

The missing 5-year-old, vanished from her trailer in February 2009. According to Werter, Tommy Croslin says he and his cousin, Joe Overstreet, visited the home where Haleigh Cummings lived with her father Ronald Cummins and his then girlfriend, Misty Croslin, the night Haleigh Cummings went missing. Werter says Overstreet wanted to borrow an automatic rifle at the home to go deer hunting and that Overstreet became irate when he learned the gun was not there. “Things happened from there,” Werter said, explaining Croslin, Jr. went into the trailer bedroom to find Overstreet in a rage and Haleigh Cummings no longer alive.

Has the father of missing 5-year-old, Haleigh Cummings, struck a plea deal?

Today we learn Ronald Cummings and his attorney, Terry Shoemaker, are negotiating to secure Cummings a lighter sentence on drug-trafficking charges. Cummings, charged with five counts of trafficking Hydrocodone, faces a minimum of 83 years in prison. Shoemaker says he’s currently working to secure a prison sentence of 15 years or less for Cummings in exchange for Cummings’ statement in the drug-trafficking cases slated to proceed against Cummings’ ex-wife, Misty Croslin, and Croslin’s brother, Tommy Croslin. The statement, Shoemaker says, would likely bolster the State’s cases against Misty and Tommy Croslin. A trial date for Ronald Cummings remains scheduled for July 19.

A conversation between Tommy Croslin and Croslin’s grandmother, Flora Hollars, has just been released. Tommy Croslin tells his grandmother he fears for the lives of his children. Will these newly released audio tapes finally clear up what Croslin told Hollars about Haleigh’s disappearance? And does the call explain why Tommy Croslin has not revealed more about the night Haleigh Cummings vanished? Tune in to Nancy Grace Friday, 8:00 p.m. EST to hear Tommy Croslin’s attorney, Jim Werter, talk about Haleigh Cumming’s disappearance, in what Putnam County detectives are now calling a homicide investigation.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/14/tommy-croslin-claims-haleigh-cummings-died-in-her-own-home-according-to-his-attorney-james-werter/
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next