Haleigh Cummings Murder Investigation Complicated by Misty's Mirror Effects

Go down

Normal Haleigh Cummings Murder Investigation Complicated by Misty's Mirror Effects

Post by Wrapitup on Mon May 31, 2010 2:25 am

Published May 28, 2010 by:
Carol Bengle Gilbert

In a recently released jailhouse conversation between Misty Croslin Cummings and her father Hank Croslin, Sr., Misty repeated her oft-before said claim that she doesn't know any more about Haleigh Cummings' disappearance than she's already told police. Police in Palatka County, Florida have repeatedly said that Misty Croslin Cummings is the key to cracking the case of 5 year old Haleigh who was reported missing in February 2009 and is presumed dead. The recently released jailhouse tapes raise the disturbing possibility that on an emotional level Misty acts like a mirror, reflecting back what people say to her, sometimes even switching roles with the speaker. The mirror effect appears to have already needlessly complicated the Haleigh Cummings murder investigation.

Misty Mirrored Cell Block Conversations Concerning Joe Overstreet

In April, the big news in the Haleigh Cummings murder investigation was that Misty and her brother Tommy had fingered their cousin Joe Overstreet as the murderer, claiming he dumped Haleigh's body in the St. John's River. Now Misty says that she knows no such thing, that in her earlier statements she merely reflected what people told her.

In a taped jailhouse conversation with her father, Misty denies knowing whether Overstreet played a role in Haleigh Cummings' disappearance. She attributes her previous statements about Overstreet's role to the effects of conversations heard in her cell block, which she described as people putting things in her head. Misty said of the Overstreet accusation, "...in my mind it's just like, you know, people keep saying this person, this person, so you know in your mind you're like well hey that's that person so you actually start to believe it, like the Joe thing. You just, I want to believe that because that's what I keep hearing and it just like makes like sense this is what happened you know, but I don't know for 100 percent that that was him. I don't know."

While it appears that Misty acted as a mirror reflecting opinions of others as fact with respect to Overstreet, she seems to have gone further than that in mirroring police evidence concerning unanswered phone calls the night Haleigh vanished.

Misty's Mirror Reaction to Evidence that Ron's Calls to Her Weren't Answered

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office determined early in the Haleigh Cummings murder investigation that Ronald Cummings placed unanswered calls to Misty the night of Haleigh's disappearance. Misty's failure to answer Ronald's calls suggests the possibility that she wasn't at home to receive them. Not really as she had a cell phone. In reacting to this police evidence, it appears Misty may have mentally reversed her role with Ron to make herself the caller, then mirrored the evidence, saying she couldn't reach Ron that night. What? LE can track the calls and who made them.

In the jailhouse conversation with her father, Misty says of the night Haleigh disappeared, "When I called him that night, how come he didn't answer the phone? I called and called and he didn't answer the phone. And then as soon as I open the door he's there."

Is Misty's Black Guy Reference a Reflection of Ron, Jr.'s Comments?

Misty says on the jailhouse tape that police need to look more closely at Ronald. She refers to an unidentified black guy saying some people had Haleigh, and suggests that a closer examination of Ronald's alleged drug dealing is in order. This I do NOT completely rule out.

Misty's repeated recounting of a black guy with knowledge of Haleigh's whereabouts sounds startlingly similar to what two-year old Ronald, Jr. told his mother in March 2009, that a black man took his sister. Is there a black guy who claims to know what happened to Haleigh, or is that a distorted mirror reflection?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5432680/haleigh_cummings_murder_investigation_pg2.html?cat=8

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum