Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents

4 posters

Go down

12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents Empty 12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Published July 20, 2010 by:
Saul Relative

Amber White Went Missing After Walking to a Public Pool in Shreveport, LA

While the search for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman has turned into a soap operatic sideshow in Portland, Ore., and authorities attempt to piece together what happened to 17-year-old Norma Lopez in Moreno Valley, Calif., investigators in Shreveport, Louisiana, are desperately trying to locate Amber White, a 12-year-old girl who went missing Sunday afternoon after walking to a public pool in Shreveport. According to the Shreveport Times, two men believed to be connected with Amber White's disappearance were arrested Monday.

Police were notified by Amber White's parents when she did not return home from a neighborhood pool as expected on Saturday. Authorities received a break in their search when an anonymous tipster called the Shreveport Crime Stoppers tipline and informed investigators that they had seen a girl fitting Amber's description getting into a dark blue 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass Sunday afternoon. Brandon Player, 19, was arrested and charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor. His vehicle, believed to be the one White got into, was impounded.

Later Sunday evening, Henry Lee, 25, was also taken into police custody. Investigators believe that Amber White was taken to Lee's residence. Lee was charged with aggravated kidnapping of a child.

Both men were the subject of intense police questioning, but White's whereabouts remain unknown.

The 12-year-old girl was last seen wearing a green "Soulja Boy" T-shirt; cut-off blue jean shorts; and a navy blue, white and brown crop jacket. However, according to KSLA News 12 in Shreveport, police have reason to believe she may have changed clothes while at Lee's residence. She may have changed into a black tank top and gray and burgundy pajama bottoms, although investigators note that she still may be wearing what she had on Sunday.

Amber White is described as a white female, who is 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs 140 pounds. She has brown eyes and reddish-blonde hair.

If anyone has information regarding the kidnapping and/or whereabouts of missing Amber White, they are urged to contact Shreveport Police Detective Lindsey Bonner at (318) 673-7020 or Crime Stoppers at (318) 673-7373. Shreveport Crime Stoppers are offering a $500 reward for leads to Amber White.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

KSLA News 12:

UPDATE: 2nd arrest made in connection to missing 12 y.o.
Posted: Jul 19, 2010 4:09 PM CDT Updated: Jul 19, 2010 9:30 PM CDT

Brandon Player (Source: Shreveport Police Dept.) Brandon Player (Source: Shreveport Police Dept.)
(Source: Shreveport Police Dept.) (Source: Shreveport Police Dept.)
Henry Lee (Source: Shreveport Police Dept.) Henry Lee (Source: Shreveport Police Dept.)

UPDATE: Shreveport Police have made a second arrest in connection to a missing 12 year-old.

After gathering more information, police went to the 1500 block of Lash Street where they believe Brandon Player, arrested earlier, may have taken 12 year-old Amber White.

They found 25 year-old Henry Lee and charged him with one count of aggravated kidnapping of a child.

Amber was last seen wearing a green "Soulja Boy" t-shirt, cut off blue jean shorts, and a navy blue, white and brown crop jacket.

Police say that they received information that Amber may have changed clothes and may be wearing a black tank top and gray and burgundy pajama bottoms. At this time, they're still not ruling out that she is wearing the clothes originally described.

If you or someone you know has information about missing 12 year-old Amber White, you are asked to call Shreveport Police Detective Lindsey Bonner at (318) 673-7020 or Shreveport-Caddo Parish Crime Stoppers at (318) 673-7373.

Shreveport-Caddo Parish Crime Stoppers is offering a $500 reward for any information that leads officers to Amber White.

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA)- There are new developments in the case of a missing 12 year-old girl.

Shreveport Police have impounded a vehicle and are now questioning a teenager in connection with the case of a missing Shreveport girl.

19 year-old Brandon Player is police custody undergoing an interview for his alleged part in the girl's disappearance.

Amber, according to a Shreveport Crime Stoppers tip, was last seen Sunday afternoon allegedly getting into a dark blue 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass in which Player may have been driving.

KSLA News 12 is staying on top of this continued search for 12-year-old Amber White and will have the very latest details coming up both on KSLA News 12 at 6 and 10 and online at KSLA.com.

video of Amber and two men arrested above

my question: WHY no Amber Alert?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents Empty Re: 12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents

Post by lisette Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:31 pm

In the video report at ksla, it was stated that Amber had been told that she could not go to the "Soulja Boy" concert in Shreveport Sunday night...Some of her family and friends went to see if they could see her there, but didn't find her...I wonder if these guys used that as a ruse to get her to go with them, and then did whatever with her crying
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents Empty Re: 12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:07 pm

I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents Empty Details: Amber White is safe

Post by Nama Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:32 am

At approximately 1:37 a.m. central time this morning, the Shreveport Police Department received a tip through the Shreveport-Caddo Parish Crime Stoppers that Amber White was at a convenience store in the 8900 block of Mansfield Road trying to get a ride home. Patrol officers were immediately dispatched but when they arrived just moments later, Amber was nowhere to be found. Detectives had been notified and, working with our dispatchers, were able to re-contact the tipster. The caller reported to investigators that prior to notifying authorities he had called Amber’s father and she was now with her father. Detectives contacted Mr. White and he verified that he had picked Amber up there at the store on Mansfield Road and was taking her home. Investigators ordered him to stop immediately so they could contact them and Mr. White complied, pulling into another convenience store at the intersection of W. 70th Street and Buncombe Road where detectives met them. At that point our investigators verified that Amber was safe and assessed her condition to determine if she needed any type of medical aid. Amber had no visible injuries and she was subsequently taken to the Shreveport Police Complex with her father where detectives began interviews with her to determine specific details relative to the events that have occurred over the past 56 or so hours since she disappeared.

Amber has been with her family members this morning and I think I can speak for them when I say that their emotions concerning her return are almost overwhelming, as are ours. I also want to stress that while Amber is safe and back at home, our investigation at this time is still very much ongoing. As clearly delineated by Louisiana law relative to the confidentiality of crime victims who are minors, we are extremely limited in the extent of what we can tell you regarding the direction our investigation will take us from here and that is as it should be. We will not lose sight of the fact that at the heart of this case is a 12 year old little girl, who, no matter where our investigation leads us, is the true victim and we will treat her with all of the respect due a child who has been victimized.

This case has weighed heavy on our shoulders since last Sunday night and it is difficult for me to articulate our sense of relief that Amber is safe and back where she needs to be. But that didn’t magically happen and I stand here this morning in awe of the monumental effort the men and women of the Shreveport Police Department put forth as they worked to bring Amber home. Our detectives literally worked around the clock and they are still working to get all of our unanswered questions answered. Our dispatchers, patrol officers, narcotics agents, administrators, and support personnel all went above and beyond the call of duty during the search for Amber. But we could not have done this by ourselves and I would be remiss if I did not extend a heartfelt thanks to our media partners, both local and national, that helped us get the information about Amber out to the public. There is no doubt that your coverage of this case has produced tips that ultimately played a large role in bringing what could have been a catastrophic situation to a positive resolution. We would like to thank all of the citizens out there who called in those tips and helped us locate this missing little girl.

I will close on this note…….as I stated earlier, this is very much still an active, ongoing investigation and if you helped keep Amber from her parents in any way, shape, form or fashion over the past two and ½ days, we are coming after you and we are going to put you in jail. If you harmed Amber in any way, shape, form or fashion over the past two and ½ days, we are coming after you and we will put you behind bars where you belong.

We are still asking anyone who has any information regarding this case to contact Shreveport-Caddo Parish Crime Stoppers at 318-673-7373.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents Empty Two Shreveport men were arrested on Monday in connection with her disappearance

Post by Nama Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:34 am

A 12-year-old girl missing several days has been located, but more arrests are expected in connection with her disappearance, Shreveport police say.

Police are releasing few details about the girl but say she was at police headquarters with her family about 2 a.m.

Amber White was last seen around 3 p.m. near her home in the 6900 block of Buncombe Road, said Bill Goodin, police spokesman. Her parents notified police after she didn’t return home.

Two Shreveport men were arrested on Monday in connection with her disappearance after police received a tip that White had been seen getting into a vehicle.

At a press conference today, Police Chief Willie Shaw and investigators said anyone who helped the girl faces arrest, and they anticipate more arrests will be made in the case.

Charges against one of the men arrested, 25-year-old Henry E. Lee, were upgraded on Tuesday to include aggravated rape, police said.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 pm

Thank goodness she is okay. I love how tough LE is being with their statements!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Wow. Thats all I can say.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Thank God!...I just didn't think she would be found alive...I hope that she will be able to recover from this...
It seems that her father would have called police when he found her...I guess he just wanted to get her home, but she really needed to be checked out by a doctor and give whatever information she could to LE...
I wonder if she has ever left home before...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Suspect in girl's disappearance spent time at her home, mother says
By the CNN Wire Staff
July 20, 2010 8:27 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- The mother of a missing Shreveport, Louisiana, girl said Tuesday that one of two men suspected in her daughter's disappearance spent time at their home, playing video games and hanging out with their family.
Henry Lee was "always very polite, very nice. We thought he was a very decent person," Karen White, the mother of missing 12-year-old Amber White, told HLN's "Prime News." "We would have never ever expected that he would have done something like this."
Lee, 24, was arrested Monday on aggravated kidnapping charges (now aggravated rape also), according to Shreveport police. A second man, Brandon Player, 19, was also arrested Monday in the case and charged with contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.
White said Tuesday that Lee was an "associate" of one of her family's good friends.

So Amber knew these guys. I read somewhere that she had been home-schooled for most of last year. Many are home-schooled for various reasons, but often with kids this age, it is because of problems....
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:08 pm

I get the feeling that she wanted to go with these men as they promised her that concert Lisette was talking about. There are no pictures of her but most 12 yr. old girls look older. I hope I am wrong.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:22 pm

Shreveport police would not say if Amber, who reportedly got into a car with a young man the day she disappeared, had been held against her will.
But they insisted on calling her a victim, not a runaway, in what appeared to be a whirlwind of events, involving adults, that were beyond a child's comprehension and control.
Authorities have filed aggravated rape charges against one of the two young men arrested the day after her disappearance, alleging he had sex with a child under the age of 13. Authorities believe Amber was taken to more than one location during the two and a half days she was missing.
Authorities said they expect to make at least one more arrest.

This is a comment on the above article...So take it with a grain of salt...Anybody can say anything and I certainly can't vouch for the truth of it:
Family used to live in Blanchard, LA, in my neighborhood until they ran off owing rent. Lee, the father, would fake burglaries and report their prescriptions stolen so he could get more pills which he sold. He'd let the older teenagers boys play video games until late at night. Karen, the mother, was usually passed out on the couch or bedroom from all the meds she was taking. Their kids ran wild in the neighborhood. At eleven, Amber was already sexually actiive. She's got a real potty mouth and disrespectful to adults. The kids need to be removed from the home.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:49 pm

WOW!!!! I don't know why..but my feeling is she got in the car with these guys willingly (it was said the parents knew one of them and thought he was a "good guy") and then realized she was being raped. She thought she could handle them and she couldn't.

Her parent's are going to be on NG tonight. Should be interesting. I am just happy she is safe!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:39 am

Wow! Praise God that she was found alive!! I was praying for her (as soon as I heard about her on the news yesterday) and God answered prayer. I am sorry to hear that she was raped, but at least she survived (unlike many who are murdered)!

Lisette, if that unknown quote you posted is accurate, this girl should be removed from her home & raised in a more responsible home. I am sure that LE will be checking out the home situation!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:56 am

Did anybody see her parents on NG last night? I wasn't able to watch...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:06 pm

They were not on. It was mostly about Lindsay Lohan. JVM was sitting in for NG.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:20 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Amber White's mother speaks out

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 8:44 PM
Updated: Jul 26, 2010 9:45 PM

By Jeff Ferrell – bio|email

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) – In an exclusive interview, Amber White's mother describes the family's ordeal after the state removed her children from the home. And it happened just days after Amber survived an unspeakable set of alleged crimes against her, from kidnapping to sexual assaults.

As we first reported on Friday, July 23, Louisiana Child Protective Services removed both Amber and her younger sister a little more than 48-hours after the massive search for Amber ended with her return. They are in a foster home and will stay there until at least Wednesday, July 28. That's when there's a hearing in Caddo Parish Juvenile Court for the White family.

Amber's mother Karen told me they feel trapped, unable to even tell their side of the story. "O.C.S. is telling us we're not allowed to talk, that it will make the case worse," said White. She said she's terrified about the possibility her two daughters won't be coming home soon.

The reason given, according to her White: "Because I let my daughter go to the park or up to the pool and that's where the man took her. They said we weren't watching them insufficiently." Actually, the state took away her children for what sources told me was ‘failure to protect on the parents part.'

Two days earlier, the massive search for Amber White, which drew national attention, finally ended when she called from a fast food restaurant early Wednesday (7/21/10) morning. Her father Lee rushed to the scene and was later joined by police nearby to figure out what had happened to her over that three day period.

"She told me some of it and it's bad, real bad," added White. She described both of Amber's arms as bruised from I-V marks. Karen says Amber's kidnappers kept her drugged the entire time, taking her from one crack house to the next. "To my knowledge it was about five," recalled White.

Police have already arrested two men, 25-year old Henry Lee on a charge of aggravated rape and 19-year old Brandon Player on a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. But White concluded that those arrests are just the tip of the iceberg and hopes police make up to a dozen additional arrests in the case before it's over.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:25 pm

Investigation Keys on Amber White's Family Life And Associations
by Chrissi Coile

The home life of Amber White, the 12-year-old girl who disappeared for two days last week, was unstable with too little parental supervision, said authorities who investigated her disappearance and sought to have her placed in a foster home.
Information obtained by KTBS News shows that law enforcement and child-welfare workers who are continuing to investigate why Amber disappeared earlier this month believe she was in an unsafe environment at home due to the actions of adults around her:
-- The man accused of having sex with Amber while she was missing was a friend of Amber's father and spent a lot of time with the father and child. They spent time at their respective homes and around the pool at the mobile home park where the Whites live, authorities believe.
-- A relative of one of the Whites had expressed concerns about that man hanging around Amber.
-- Child welfare workers have "strong suspicions" of drug abuse by people who associated with Amber.
-- Witnesses told Shreveport police that Amber willingly got into a car the day she disappeared and had done that before.
In a Caddo Juvenile Court hearing on Wednesday, a judge ordered Amber and her 9-year-old sister to remain in a foster home.
Amber's parents, James and Karen, declined comment today on the allegations, citing a gag order from the judge.
Amber disappeared weekend before last. Two and a half days later, she was dropped off at a Shreveport convenience store. Investigators have not said how many places they believe Amber stayed while she was gone.
Two people have been arrested in the case: Henry Elliott Lee is jailed on child-rape charges. Police have accused him of having sexual relations with the girl and letting her stay with him knowing police were conducting an extensive search for the missing girl. Brandon Player, 19, is charged with contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile. Police said Amber got in the car with him.
Shreveport police, the district attorney's office and state-child welfare workers are conducting investigations. The case could go before the Caddo Parish grand jury later this summer.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:36 pm

I think for once, CPS is doing their job. I was shocked to read one of the men was a friend of Amber's dad and they all hung out by the pool..and she had gotten in this guys car before. And, IV marks? Were they shooting her up with something?

How horrific!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents Empty Amber White

Post by Nama Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:03 pm

12-Year-Old Amber White Has been found and is back home with her parents Amber_white_370x278
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Poor girl... I hope that she will be placed in a much better home environment & has a chance to heal. crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down