Haleigh Cummings Update: Parents of Misty Croslin Arrested on CRACK Cocaine Charges

Go down

Normal Haleigh Cummings Update: Parents of Misty Croslin Arrested on CRACK Cocaine Charges

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:59 am

Posted on July 24th, 2010
by Jan Barrett

This just in from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett

Hank Thomas Croslin Sr. and Lisa Carmen Croslin are behind bars in the Putnam County on drug charges.

Friday night, the parents of Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin who are in jail for drug trafficking charges, were arrested on charges of purchasing cocaine and violation of probation.

Misty Croslin was babysitting then 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings at the child’s Satsuma home when she was abducted in February of 2009. Since then, investigators maintain that Misty knows more about what happened to the child than she has told police. Investigators have been critical of her stories citing numerous inconsistencies.

Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Hope Sykes and Donna Brock along with the father of missing Haleigh Cummings’ father, Ronald Cummings were arrested in January on charges of drug trafficking. All but Ronald and Misty have pleaded no contest to the charges. Ronald Cummings’ attorney is negotiating a plea deal that would lessen his client’s time in prison to 15 years while Misty’s trials in both Putnam and St. Johns counties are scheduled for dates in August.

Photobucket
LISA CARMEN CROSLIN
PALATKA, FL
Booking Date & Time: 7/23/2010 10:10:00 PM - Booking#: 10-03153
Release Date & Time:
DOB: 9/10/1969 - RACE: W - SEX: F

Charges -

893.13-2a1- COCAINE PURCHASE SCHEDULE II Bond $5004.00

948.06 - PROB VIOLATION Bond $0.00

Total Bond - $5004.00

Photobucket
HANK THOMAS CROSLIN
PALATKA, FL
Booking Date & Time: 7/23/2010 10:10:00 PM - Booking#: 10-03155
Release Date & Time:
DOB: 8/3/1968 - RACE: W - SEX: M

Charges -

893.13-2a1- COCAINE PURCHASE SCHEDULE II Bond $5004.00

Total Bond - $5004.00

TJ Hart

UPDATE: Jul/24 10:20am - BNN has been beating the bushes for more information. An unnamed source close to the Haleigh Cummings case has revealed that the arrests were ‘most likely’ part of a sting operation.

The question in my mind is why do PCSO want Hank and Lisa? Of course there are two different types of sting, Targeted, and Opportunistic. Which was this? My guess is Targeted, but why?

We have been following this case from day one, and it is always interesting the way that ‘news’ breaks on Fridays. It makes it virtually impossible to get hold of anyone involved until Monday.

Simon Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/124960

I put this in a separate thread than the arrests of the other's as the thread is getting too large. Well, except for Timmy, the whole Croslin family blood members are in jail. I wonder if Hank w/be in general population with Ron. No way he will be in the same pod as his son. And here they were crying the blues that they had to live in a shelter and couldn't find work. No wonder Misty and Tommy are so messed up!

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Haleigh Cummings Update: Parents of Misty Croslin Arrested on CRACK Cocaine Charges

Post by cherylz on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:04 am

Yep...that apple certainly doesn't fall far does it? huge waste
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Haleigh Cummings Update: Parents of Misty Croslin Arrested on CRACK Cocaine Charges

Post by artgal16 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:19 am

Unbelievable - drugs are so damn pervasive in todays society. Not just for people who take them but for people who sell them as well. It isnt just this strata of society as seen with the Croslins either - in L.A. we have the wealthy looking to buy prescription drugs
especially vicoden- its a huge epidemic. I guess there are a lot of people in pain and I dont mean physical.
They are slugging it out in Arizona and it isnt just about immigration, the corridors into the U.S through
Arizona and California are bringing in drugs because there is a huge demand in this country. When are we going to address that issue - that without OUR demand
the drug wars and smuggling of drugs would vanish?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:57 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Hank and Lisa didn't get caught on purpose...I remember him making a comment to Misty on one of the videos about he didn't know what they were going to do...that maybe they wouldn't pay their fines so that they WOULD be put in jail...then they would have a place to live and 3 meals a day...He was pretty much at the end of his rope, so this may have just been his solution to survival...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Yes who would hire this man? Is he skilled at anything?
There are no jobs either, economy that they say is recovering as far as I can see is only recovering for the people with a lot of money. All my middle buyers are gone - There are breadlines forming in many states again. We need a program like FDR formulated in the 1930's. Ohio is desperate for jobs as more and more companies go offshore. Our infrastructure is crumbling.
I I just cannot understand why they dont start some large pubic works and contract out to companies who will hire local people to fix bridges, freeways, roads, refit old structures. Why cant we do that?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:26 pm

artgal, I think Hank is skilled in hanging drywall or something like that, but since he was injured in a wreck, he hasn't been able to do that...I think that's what I read, anyway..
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Add to the fact that noone is building much anymore. Construction workers are starving for work.

This is a two or maybe three topic discussion; the Croslin's, the economy and drug trafficking. IMHO they all run together. The drug trafficker's are making a bundle.

Lisette, you may be right about Hank and Lisa wanting to go to jail. Get high on coke and off they go.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Hank told Tommy at his last visit I watched, they were being evicted from the 'room' they were staying in as they couldn't pay for it. He also said he wasn't paying the probation fees, as they were going to jail anyway, and at least they would have 3 meals a day and a bed to sleep in.

If he had no money, how the he!! did he buy coke? It seems they always have money for that don't they?
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:02 pm

soap box They only have money to buy drugs in that family. Not pay their rent or their bills. Did Lisa lose her new teeth? She looks awful.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:46 pm

You know if they want to use jail as a B & B they should have to do some work for it.

My younger years were spent working really hard so that I could raise my family and have a comfortable life.

I never got time to laze around and sit in the clink.

I think we make "jail" too desirable for those with nothing. A shower, clean clothes, food on the table. Also a few rules. Something they know nothing about.

Somebody above said it right. We do need a works program. Get these people up and at em.

Enough sitting on the backs of John Q Public.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:29 am

Not paying fines in order to be jailed is one thing, but drug charges are another... Every word out of every one of them is fake. No wonder Timmy moved to MASS. It's probably because he has a brain!
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all on Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:39 am

No wonder Timmy moved to MASS. It's probably because he has a brain!

Wonder where he bought it? Wal-Mart? Remember, he came from these same parents. I wonder if the parents are related to each other.

If I remember correctly, Ronald's mom and Crystal's mom are related to each other aren't they? Sisters? Teresa's mom is also Crystal's grandmother?
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:16 am

If I remember correctly, Ronald's mom and Crystal's mom are related to each other aren't they? Sisters? Teresa's mom is also Crystal's grandmother?
Crystal Sheffield is Haleigh's mother. Ron Cummings also has a sister named Crystal Cummings.....remember her? The one with the long spiral curls in her red hair.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:37 pm

concerned4all wrote:
No wonder Timmy moved to MASS. It's probably because he has a brain!

Wonder where he bought it? Wal-Mart? Remember, he came from these same parents. I wonder if the parents are related to each other.

No, the Cumming's and Sheffield's are not related. :lol!:

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:53 pm

Nor are the Hatfields and McCoys. I'm just saying.....
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:58 pm

You said it well, Jeanne.

As far as that clan, Marie married Chad Griffis' father. Then Chad and Crystal Sheffield had a child together. She is no longer with him.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Two more Croslins jailed on drug charges

By Karen Voyles
Staff writer
Published: Monday, July 26, 2010 at 12:00 p.m.
Last Modified: Monday, July 26, 2010 at 12:00 p.m.

Another round of drug cases with ties to missing Haleigh Cummings, the 5-year-old who was reported missing from her father's Satsuma home in February 2009, are now working their way through the Putnam County court system.

On Friday night, Palatka Police arrested Lisa Carmen Croslin, 40, and Hank Thomas Croslin Sr., 41, on charges of purchasing cocaine, tampering with evidence and violating their probation in earlier cases. The Croslins' daughter, Misty Croslin, was watching Haleigh the night the little girl disappeared.

According to Assistant Police Chief James Griffith, the Croslins were arrested Friday night during an undercover crack cocaine operation at a home at 809 Bronson St. in Palatka.

"They came up and bought drugs," Griffith said. "(Lisa) was driving and (Hank Sr.) was the passenger. He went inside and bought $20 worth of cocaine."

According to Griffith, the couple was allowed to drive away and appeared to throw the cocaine out the window when they noticed police were trying to pull them over.

Both of the Croslins were already on felony probation, Lisa in connection with a forgery case and Hank Sr. for doctor shopping. They were being held at the Putnam County jail on Monday. They were both denied bond on the violation of probation charges.

Previous undercover drug operations in Putnam and St. Johns counties results in drug charges being filed against Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 26; his ex-wife, Misty Croslin; his cousin Hope Sykes; Misty's brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr.; and Misty's friend Donna Brock. They were all arrested and accused of selling prescription drugs.

Ronald Cummings tentatively reached a plea agreement with the state on drug-trafficking charges earlier this month and will likely be sentenced to 15 years in prison when he is sentenced in late August.

In April, Sykes pleaded no contest to a count of trafficking prescription narcotics and was sentenced to 15 years in prison, the mandatory minimum sentence.

Tommy Croslin also pleaded no contest and will be sentenced Aug. 6.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100726/ARTICLES/100729607/1109/sports?p=1&tc=pg

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:41 am

Crack bust catches parents of Misty Croslin
The couple were arrested Friday and charged with buying crack.
Posted: July 26, 2010 - 11:39am

By Dana Treen

With the arrest of her parents Friday, every Putnam County member of Misty Croslin's family that has been bound to the 18-month-old case of Haleigh Cummings is jailed on drug charges.

Hank Croslin Sr., 41, and Lisa Croslin, 40, were charged with purchasing crack cocaine and tampering with evidence in an undercover reverse drug sale in Palatka, said Assistant Chief James Griffith with the Palatka Police Department.

The elder Croslins were arrested after they drove from a house where police had arrested the residents then started selling drugs to any who came to buy.

Photos: See pictures from different chapters in the Haleigh Cummings case

They were charged with tampering because they tried to throw the drug away after they were apprehended.

The Croslins were jailed in Putnam County, where their son Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., 23, also is being held on prescription drug-trafficking and other charges. Their daughter, Misty Croslin, 18, is jailed in St. Johns County on prescription drug-trafficking charges.

The couple's other son, Timmy Croslin, lives with his wife and family in Massachusetts, where they moved a year ago.

For months, the Croslins have been fixtures in the Putnam County courtroom where their children have appeared at hearings following arrests in January. The notoriety of the case, they have said, has complicated their lives.

Now bail for each is $5,000 in the drug cases, but they are being held without bail for probation violations.

Griffith said agents posing as drug sellers in the 900 block of Bronson Street in Palatka sold the drug about 8 p.m. to a couple in a gold four-door car. When the car was stopped, the Croslins were inside.

Nine people were arrested in the operation that is a routine police method for making drug arrests.

Police initially went to the house and served a search warrant. After drugs were found, three people were arrested and jailed. The Croslins were among six people who came to the house after police set up the sale.

Bill Bookhammer, the Croslins' attorney from the Public Defender's Office in Palatka, said he had not seen the charges Monday afternoon.

Croslin Sr. was on probation on a doctor-shopping conviction, and his wife was on probation on convictions for cashing and forging a check and theft.

Their daughter and son Hank Jr. have been central to Haleigh's case. She is the last-known person to see Haleigh the night the 5-year-old disappeared in February 2009. Hank Jr. visited the mobile home that night. The child has not been found and authorities believe she is dead.

Both Misty Croslin and Hank Jr. have court dates in August. Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, 26, also is in jail, having been charged in the same trafficking case. He is negotiating a plea agreement.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-07-26/story/parents-misty-croslin-charged-buying-crack

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:58 am

[url][/url]

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum