Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timothy Wayne Morgan convicted of the murder of Eric Dee Preimesberger/ Sentencing is scheduled for 6-20-12.

+6
laga
TerryRose
Lilone
CritterFan1
lisette
Wrapitup
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Timothy Wayne Morgan convicted of the murder of Eric Dee Preimesberger/ Sentencing is scheduled for 6-20-12. - Page 3 Empty Re: Timothy Wayne Morgan convicted of the murder of Eric Dee Preimesberger/ Sentencing is scheduled for 6-20-12.

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 6:51 am

Can anyone imagine being in Timothy and Kristi Mothers shoes? One testifying against the other knowing that at least one of them took a human life (if not both of them), the Father of her Grandchildren.

Back to top Go down

Timothy Wayne Morgan convicted of the murder of Eric Dee Preimesberger/ Sentencing is scheduled for 6-20-12. - Page 3 Empty Re: Timothy Wayne Morgan convicted of the murder of Eric Dee Preimesberger/ Sentencing is scheduled for 6-20-12.

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 01, 2012 11:13 am

Trial continues for man accused of murdering his brother-in-law

12:27 AM, May. 1, 2012

Testifying in court Monday, Kristi Preimesberger said that a violent argument at her home seemed to have subsided when she turned her head in time to see her brother swing a baseball bat to the back of her husband’s head, fatally wounding him.

Preimesberger and her brother, Timothy Wayne Morgan, then moved her husband’s lifeless body into a rental vehicle in their garage and later bought a commercial freezer that was supposed to be his coffin, according to her testimony Monday.

Morgan, 27, is charged with first-degree murder, in the April 21, 2010, death of Eric Preimesberger, 29, of Reno.

Kristi Preimesberger’s testimony continues today during the second day of trial before Washoe District Judge Patrick Flanagan. She has not been charged.

Morgan is a spiritual healer from Oregon who came to Reno to help his sister and her husband move to Oregon where they had planned to operate a business together.

But the couple had been fighting, Kristi Preimesberger testified, and she needed her brother’s help to move because she wasn’t sure her husband was going to follow through. Eric Preimesberger was unemployed and the couple and their two young children were struggling financially.

Kristi Preimesberger testified that she and her husband had a rocky relationship that was plagued with domestic violence and bursts of anger from her husband.

She said they began fighting April 20, 2010, their anniversary, because she was ill and didn’t feel like going to dinner to celebrate. So he cursed at her and left the home, she said. When he didn’t return the following morning, she said, she called her brother and asked him to help. They had to be out of their home on Red Baron Boulevard by the end of the month.

When Eric Preimesberger finally came home the night of April 21, 2010, they immediately began to argue and he pushed her, she testified. He then threatened to “kick my ass,” she said.

Her brother then emerged from hiding in a closet and confronted his brother-in-law, Kristi Preimesberger said.

The men had argued and engaged in a physical confrontation, which seemed to dissipate after Morgan went into the kitchen to wash a hand that got injured during their scuffle, Kristi Preimesberger said.

“I turned around and saw my brother strike Eric,” she testified. “I saw him hit him in the head with a baseball bat.”

Deputy District Attorney Derek Dreiling said after Morgan crushed his brother-in-law’s skull as the victim was sitting on the couch, he and Kristi Preimesberger didn’t call police.

Dreiling said Morgan then swung at the front of Preimesberger’s face, shattering his orbital bones and breaking his jaw.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 1:15 pm

Kristi Preimesberger’s testimony continues today during the second day of trial before Washoe District Judge Patrick Flanagan. She has not been charged.
Is this because it has been proven she was a victim of domestic violence? Eric would have a record if so right? To testify this way about a deceased person seems like slander. confused One thing for sure is instead of calling 911 when Eric was injured and dying they let him lay there probably suffering until he died then hid his body!
angry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue May 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Wrap wrote:
OMG, she stuck some of her illegal pins in one of the children's backpack's? Are you talking a syringe here?????????

No, Wrap, I said pills, not pins! lol
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 01, 2012 6:25 pm

That's what I get for trying to read and cough at the same time. Even so, why would she put her illegal pills in her child's backpack? Rhetorical question.

Re: Whether Eric was violent. He could have been. Many are and don't have a record. I am NOT in any way saying this was the case, just saying it's a possibility like anything is.

Bottom line: Even if he WERE physically violent, I don't think his "wife" was some angel..no excuse for a man to ever put his hands on a woman but it's quite evident she was/is a drug addict and I would PRESUME that was her priority. NOT the marriage and NOT the kids.

And, you're right, LM. The clincher in all this is that, her dear brother Sarcasm not only hit him so hard over the head with a bat that part of the bat was lodged in his head, but from what I've read, the TWO of them Continued beating him after he was probably already dead. Then, they hid the body. I get the idea this was pre-meditated and cannot figure out just WHY wifey has NOT been charged!!!!! It\\'s Not Fair angry
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Randie Wed May 02, 2012 10:24 am

Last night I got to read posts.....I've been working double jobs (cleaning houses) and have this for the next four.

Kay is posting updates the best she can...I will from them if something is out of the ordinary. Is there an ordinary in a murder trial? Not....

Thanks to everyone on their updates, snippets, links, and clips.......bam!

Thank You for the note on WS. I have never been able to register. The one person I found updating is a friend of Kays. I dont know her. So, if anyone wants updates on WS Mayra is updating there.

I just called Kay and she not "up" yet.....I will check in with her later..
Randie

Randie

Back to top Go down

Post by Randie Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 am

Testimony Surrounds Freezer in Murder Case
A friend of Timothy Wayne Morgan said he helped Morgan move a freezer that smelled of decay to a forest. James Wyrick testified in Washoe District Court Tuesday that Morgan buried what was inside the freezer.

Posted: 7:54 AM May 2, 2012
Reporter: Joe Harrington
Email Address: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--snipets-----

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 59115.html

Baseball Bat Murder Trial

......move a freezer that smelled of decay to a forest. James Wyrick testified in Washoe District Court Tuesday that Morgan buried what was inside the freezer.

......Wyrick said Preimesberger, who is a spiritual advisor, told him the freezer contained items that were connected to bad 'entities.' Wyrick said he saw dirt and a trash bag inside the freezer. He also said Morgan burned the freezer, after burying what was inside.

........she said she repeatedly lied to authorities. She said she did not immediately tell them she actually saw Morgan murder Eric with a baseball bat.......

Testimony continues Wednesday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is so much more to the story with this young man. With out posting info..... we all owe alot to him.

So many of us wanted to shout from the roof tops what James saw, knew, heard, smelled. But, we were told to keep our mouths shut. So....we did.

There's more to this......

Im trying to locate the time line that some brilliant minds created over at The Hinky Meter. Like a fool I never saved it on my own com.

If I can get it or if Ann-tx can then we can place James in the time line that he says where he was and also what I was told (in my own notes.)

Randie

Back to top Go down

Post by Randie Wed May 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Thanks to ItsMelyn!

Timeline

Randie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 02, 2012 6:24 pm

Good you got the timeline.

As far as WS, you don't have to be a member to see what they are posting. I am giving you permission to copy and paste what they are posting AS LONG AS THERE IS A VIABLE LINK. IOW, if it's coming from a viable source/link and also please post the link on WS as well. I hope that makes sense.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Man says he killed brother-in-law in self-defense

RENO, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com) - Jurors in the Timothy Morgan murder trial heard the defendant confess Wednesday when prosecutors played a tape in which Morgan says he killed his brother-in-law in self-defense.

Morgan told investgators he accidentially killed his brother-in-law, Eric Preimesberger, in self-defense. He says a fight broke out and Eric became belligerent and violent - lunging at him even. He also claims Eric was abusive to the defendant's sister.

This conversation came after the victim's body was buried in a trash bag out in the desert. For months Morgan had stuck to the story that Eric just left on his own and no foul play was involved.

Over and over again throughout the confession the defendant kept asking what the self-defense laws were like in Nevada, and it ended with him asking the detective "What's going to happen to me?"

Morgan's lawyers are supposed to start presenting their side of the case later this week.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu May 03, 2012 9:33 pm

Defense rests in trial of man accused of killing brother-in-law

RENO, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com) – Closing arguments are expected Monday in the Timothy Morgan murder trial.

Just before 10 a.m. Thursday the defense rested without presenting a single piece of evidence or questioning one witness.

Morgan is accused of beating to death his brother-in-law, Eric Preimesberger, back in 2010.

Earlier this week, Morgan’s sister testified that she saw him do it and then helped him clean up the crime scene and hide the body.

I really don't get why he is taking blame for this murder for his sister...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu May 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Washoe jurors to deliberate case of Oregon man accused in brother-in-law's killing

Jurors on Monday will begin deliberating a first-degree murder charge for an Oregon man accused of fatally beating his brother-in-law with a baseball bat and then burying his body in the wilderness.

Prosecutor Derek Dreiling on Thursday morning rested his case against Timothy Wayne Morgan, a 27-year-old spiritual healer . Morgan’s attorneys presented no evidence, and Morgan did not testify.

Because of court conflicts, jurors will be brought back on Monday to begin their deliberations. The trial began Monday before Washoe District Judge Patrick Flanagan.

Morgan is accused of the April 21, 2010, killing of Eric Preimesberger, 29, that occurred in Preimesberger’s Reno home on Red Baron Boulevard. Morgan’s sister, Kristi Preimesberger, testified that she saw her brother strike her husband in the back of the head with a baseball bat while he was sitting on the couch. Dreiling said Morgan swung a second time at the front of Eric Preimesberger’s head, breaking the bones in his face.

According to court testimony, the siblings then placed the lifeless body in Morgan’s rental car where it stayed for several days. The siblings then purchased a commercial freezer to store the body, but it broke when they were moving it into a storage unit. They then purchased salt and fertilizer from Walmart, and Morgan transferred the body into the freezer, court records show. Kristi Preimesberger then moved to Oregon. She is not charged in the case and now lives in Southern California.

A 20-year-old man from Oregon testified that Morgan asked him to come to Reno for a spiritual journey where they were supposed to be expelling negative energy for summer solstice. Morgan told him not to look when he dumped out the body and buried it near Frenchman’s Reservoir in Plumas County, Calif., the man testified. The friend had no knowledge that it was a body and came forward after news broke that the siblings had been questioned in Minnesota about Eric Preimesberger’s disappearance. The siblings were arrested there on drug charges, and Reno police soon met them in jail to talk to them about Eric Preimesberger.
Reno police became involved when Eric Preimesberger’s mother reported him missing several days after the killing. His wife initially told officers that he left following a fight and never came back.

Jurors watched Morgan’s videotaped interview with a Reno police detective in which Dreiling said he told “fantastic lies” about the disappearance of his brother-in-law. His explanations included “El Fuego,” the drug dealer, killing him, both he and Eric Preimesberger being on the run from dangerous drug dealers and the mafia and a van full of men snatching Eric Preimesberger off the street, records show. The detective then asked whether Morgan could have killed him in self defense. After Morgan asked about Nevada’s self-defense law, he said the killing was in self defense because he was afraid Eric Preimesberger was going to kill his sister, according to police.

Kristi Preimesberger testified that her husband had been drunk, pushed her and threatened to kill her, which she said was a normal routine. She said that made her brother come out of hiding in a closet and confront her husband. Kristi Preimesberger said she believed the fighting between her husband and brother had dissipated when Morgan went to wash his hands in the kitchen. But she said she turned to see her brother crush the back of her husband’s skull with a bat. She then went upstairs to check on her children.

The siblings did not call police. After placing the body in a car, they cleaned up the blood, according to her testimony. In the next few days, she said the car containing her husband was parked in different places around town before she left the area, and her brother buried him.

Dreiling told jurors that the Preimesbergers and their two young children were struggling financially, and Eric Preimesberger was unemployed. They had planned to move to Oregon and go into business with Morgan. The couple had to be out of their home by the end of the month.

Kristi Preimesberger testified that she had a rocky marriage that was plagued by domestic violence and anger from her husband. She said that the night of April 20, 2010, their anniversary, they began fighting because she was too sick to go out with him. When he didn’t return home, she called Morgan to help her move. He arrived April 21, 2010, before Eric Preimesberger had yet to come home from leaving the night before.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu May 03, 2012 10:00 pm

She said that made her brother come out of hiding in a closet and confront her husband.
Tim was hiding in a closet?? Sounds like the two siblings had a plan. Just sayin'.........
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Just before 10 a.m. Thursday the defense rested without presenting a single piece of evidence or questioning one witness.
Sure doesn't bode well for him if the defense didn't present a single witness or piece of evidence. Sounds like a "slam dunk" to me.

BJ, I completely agree w/you..sounds pre-meditated big time.

As far as WHY the brother is "taking the rap" for his sister..who knows? I still can't believe she hasn't been charged when she's admitted to helping her brother hide the body. Makes no sense!

If anyone reading this knows, where are there kids living and w/whom??? I feel for those poor children!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 6:34 am

I do not understand why Kristi was not charged with anything!!!!! Why would he be hiding in the closet in the first place? Yes it does sound like the siblings had a plan. Kristi was to sick to go out with Eric but she was well enough to help dispose of Eric body and clean up the mess.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Randie Fri May 04, 2012 4:05 pm

Now that they are in deliberations I can say:

There was a "deal" between Tim and Kristie. If they ever got caught. They both were to give different stories. Then when reinterviewed they were to give different stories. Which in turn would cause LE to question them again......they would give different stories.

The theriory was to tell 6, 7 8, different stories and keep "things" muddled/muddied.

That said.....Time actually followed thru with this "plan".

Kristie set up her brother from the beginning. She had one story and was sticking to it. She did.

Now who would you believe if you were LE???!!!

There is so much more to tell..................

Randie

Back to top Go down

Post by Randie Fri May 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Frist: @Freckles...thank you for the kind words, hun. I hope I wasn't too defensive. Trying, emotional times here on several fronts.

Yosamity- I am one of the many who is of the mind that Tim did not kill Eric. As angry as I have felt w/Tim for putting a hurtin' on my son and my household, and the pain he has caused Eric's family, it hurts me to think he could go to the slammer for this thing. I really want to see him walk. In my understanding, Randie's above assessment of things is pretty much right on. The fact that Eric was on the phone that fateful night w/_______ is an important example. Are there no witnesses who will attest that Kristi was not home that night sick in bed as she apparently wants to court to believe, but out doing god-knows-what?

Also, as far as i know- James is almost completely positive that Tim did not kill Eric as well. Here's an interesting niblet- I think if Tim was not just "the" killer, but "a" killer, he very well could've wacked James over the head w/the shovel after they were done digging the hole in Plumas & thrown my boy in the same ditch w/Eric....come back to Eugene & told me that James disappeared off into the woods in Shasta- no one's seen him since. I personally feel that the fact that this did not take place could serve as a clue to Tim's truest nature. (Please note the word "could").

As far as Tim's being a 'spiritual guru', I know it's quite a twist or at least seems that way. Try to understand that Timothy had a good reputation (as far as i'm aware) here in Eugene as an 'energetic healer'. I only attended one of his source attunement sessions, at the encouragement of my son WAY before Eric's demise, but I was surprised and very impressed with what I felt to be loving, healing energy, which we all created that night, Tim being the facilitator. (Again, i've become a skeptic over the years around 'energy work' & spiritual healing with all the charlatans about this 'hippie town'.) I was very proud of and happy for James to have found a sort like Tim to work with on his path to higher consciousness, if you will. So my point is that many of us in Oregon were just as shocked to find Tim in a terrible mess like this one, just as much as some of you are probably shocked to hear that anyone could ever consider a guy who would help conceal such wrong doing to a spiritual leader or advisor of any type.

It's almost like the guy had two lives. You hear about these things sometimes- no? People are complex. Tim definitely.

James has gone through a change since the day he saw T/K on the front page of the newspaper. Talk about more complexity.

Thank you for your kind wishes, Yosamity. Whenever I have started to wallow, I remind myself that my son is alive and basically well. He seems to be surviving his part in this horrific ordeal. I got a text from him earlier saying he is coming from Reno tomorrow- he was very happy. He even has a new mom, who loves him very much- Kay Wilson. Bless you, Kay. I love you, Sister. And you too, Lisa. I'm so glad you each got to meet our James. He is a gem- yes?

Thank you all for allowing me to share on this forum. I wish all of you great peace, no matter your creeds, walks, orientations or "lifestyle choices". Thank you to my friend who I will call "Triple M". Your networking desires and skills brought my family and Kay's together. Last but not least, Bless you, Eric. May you never know pain again.

Willadena

Randie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Randie thanks for sharing the above information. Kristi looked awful on the stand. She looks like a meth head.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Timothy Wayne Morgan convicted of the murder of Eric Dee Preimesberger/ Sentencing is scheduled for 6-20-12. - Page 3 Empty Video of Kristi testifying at the trial

Post by Nama Sun May 06, 2012 2:56 am

Timothy Wayne Morgan convicted of the murder of Eric Dee Preimesberger/ Sentencing is scheduled for 6-20-12. - Page 3 Kristi-1

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun May 06, 2012 5:16 pm

Meth head for sure!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 pm

Morgan Convicted of Killing Brother-in-Law
A Washoe County jury has convicted Timothy Morgan for killing Eric Preimesberger in 2010.

RENO, NV - A Washoe County jury has convicted Timothy Morgan for killing Eric Preimesberger in 2010.

The prosecution rested Thursday morning, and the defense immediately rested without offering any evidence or further questioning anyone. The prosecution had spent about two and a half days presenting its case. Monday morning, both sides presented closing arguments, then handed the case to the jury, which quickly came up with the verdict of guilty of second-degree murder.

Morgan was accused of killing his sister's husband, Eric Preimesberger, in 2010, while she watched and then helped clean up. She testified as a material witness, and was not charged with a crime.

Latest Comments

Posted by: Justice for Eric Location: Everywhere on May 7, 2012 at 04:21 PM

Wow, and now she gets a half million dollar life insurance policy.

Posted by: kj Location: reno on May 7, 2012 at 04:00 PM

Eric was a really nice person and did not deserve what happened to him. I am sad that nothing has happened to his wife for her role in this trajedy. Very sad indeed. R.I.P. Eric.

Posted by: lisa Location: fallon on May 7, 2012 at 03:10 PM

And the sister is free of all charges,,,, now thats justice,,,, sleep good as your husband is mudered and your brother is doing life !!!! Crappy system we have !!

Unbelievable that she is getting away with her part in this!! Hopefully karma gets her, and those kids are kept far, far away from her!!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 am

Well I am glad they found him guilty. I agree about Kristi getting away with murder. Will she really get life insurance money? That makes me Barf
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue May 08, 2012 10:58 pm

sentencing is scheduled for 6-20-12
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09, 2012 6:44 am

The maximum sentence for second-degree murder is life in prison. I am still sick that Kristi at least helped Tim cover up and hide Eric's body and she gets off scott free.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed May 09, 2012 1:04 pm

If there is any life insurance money, it should go to Eric's kids!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 10, 2012 1:07 pm

I am glad to hear Morgan was found guilty but do not understand why the wife gets off scott free. What's wrong with our "system" here?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Thu May 10, 2012 2:39 pm

It is sick, sick, sick Wrap!

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 10, 2012 3:12 pm

It doesn't make any sense WHY she hasn't been charged!!! Does anyone reading this have a clue why that is? Randi stated they had a "pact" to hide his body. I don't get this at all! And, if she collects his life insurance, it will go up her nose or in her veins, if she has any left. MOO.

And, Where are their children???????

This case is Extremely Frustrating!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri May 11, 2012 2:24 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11, 2012 6:23 am

cryingagain I feel sorry for both Mom's. I was blown away that Kristi's Mom stood up and said Tim did not do it her daughter did. Wow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 am

Wrap wrote:
It doesn't make any sense WHY she hasn't been charged!!! Does anyone reading this have a clue why that is?

Wrap, I think this is how she is getting out of this--a law that definitely needs to be changed!

Lawmakers interested in changing sibling protection code
RENO, Nev. (KRNV & MyNews4.com) - A News 4 exclusive about how a woman avoided charges of accessory to murder is causing quite a buzz and could now lead to a change in the law.
Several lawmakers tell our reporter they saw the story and were shocked that a state code existed protecting siblings from being charged as an accessory when they help their relative out after the original crime.

We’re also told those lawmakers plan on having serious conversations about changing that law in the next session.

This comes after News 4 highlighted how it impacted one woman - Kristi Premiesberger. During her brother's murder trail she testified that she helped clean up the crime scene and even hide the body. But prosecutors said she would not be charged because of the protection from this Nevada law on the books as-is since the 1950's.

Also News 4 told you have the mother of that murder victim wanted the law to change. Now his brother has also started a petition. You can find that here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri May 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks, Lisette. That's disgusting this law has been on the books since the 50's in Nevada!! Yet, if one is caught w/a marijuana seed, you go to jail. This is Crazy!!!!!! I would think of all States, Nevada would have changed this law decades ago. Gambling is fine, prostitution..no problem..yet they protect siblings from being charged as an accessory. Unreal!!! BS
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Timothy Wayne Morgan convicted of the murder of Eric Dee Preimesberger/ Sentencing is scheduled for 6-20-12. - Page 3 Empty Sentencing Tim Morgan for the murder of Eric Preimesberger

Post by Guest Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:12 am

Sentencing is July 20th.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Timothy Wayne Morgan convicted of the murder of Eric Dee Preimesberger/ Sentencing is scheduled for 6-20-12. - Page 3 Empty Eric Preimesberger’s Brother-In-Law Gets 25 Years

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:12 am

07/20/2012

In May, a Washoe County jury convicted Timothy Wayne Morgan of second-degree murder with a deadly weapon for the bludgeoning of Eric Preimesberger.

Today, District Judge Patrick Flanagan sentenced Morgan to a 25-year prison term for the 2010 baseball bat attack which killed his brother-in-law.

Morgan maintains his innocence.

After telling investigators several wild stories about drug dealers and gangs, Morgan eventually claimed self defense. Morgan claims he was trying to protect his sister, Kristi Preimesberger, from Eric’s violent rage when he grabbed a baseball bat and bashed his head in, crushing his skull and breaking several bones in his face.

In addition to the 25 year sentence, Judge Flanagan sentenced Morgan to a consecutive term of 3 1/2 to 16 years in for a deadly weapon enhancement. Morgan could be eligible for parole after serving at least 13.5 years.

Eric’s mother, Kay Wilson told the judge she knew Morgan as a ‘kind and gentle soul’ known as a peacemaker. She told the judge she loved Morgan and wanted his sentence to be time already served or that he be placed on house arrest. Wilson also says she doesn’t believe the right person was convicted for her son’s murder.

Kristi Preimesberger was not charged, but many wonder what her true role in the murder was and why Morgan was willing to take the fall for his sister.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:07 am

Thanks wrap. I appreciate that you posted the outcome of the sentencing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:53 am

Not a problem!! flowerpower
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Bill addresses persons aiding crime after the fact

By MATT WOOLBRIGHT, Associated Press
Updated 12:30 pm, Tuesday, February 26, 2013

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — Nevada lawmakers were asked Tuesday to consider a bill that might have people think twice before giving any aid to a family member who commits a crime.

Assemblywoman Teresa Benitez-Thompson, D-Reno, presented a bill to the Nevada Assembly Judiciary Committee that trims the list of people exempted from being charged as an accessory to a crime after that fact.

Currently, if a husband, wife, brother, sister, parent, grandparent, child or grandchild aids or conceals a relative after that relative commits a crime, the maximum penalty is a misdemeanor for obstruction of justice. The statute has been unaltered since 1911.

The bill, AB116, would remove all such exemptions from the statue except for husband-wife relationships, though Benitez-Thompson said talks were under way to determine whether the exemption for married couples also should be altered.

Benitez-Thompson told the committee the bill is intended to clarify the law in cases when law enforcement officers have reason to question the actions of family members after a crime.

Benitez-Thompson recounted the 2010 Reno murder of Eric Preimesberger and the subsequent cover-up by his wife, Kristi Preimesberger. At trial, Kristi Preimesberger said she witnessed her husband's murder, and helped clean up the crime scene, hide the body and buy a freezer used as Eric Preimesberger's coffin. She also concealed the location of Eric Preimesberger's killer, Timothy Morgan, her brother.

Under the 1911 law, she faced only a misdemeanor charge because she was Morgan's sister and enjoyed exemption status even though she clearly was an accessory after the fact.

Amendments are expected to determine appropriate sentencing — likely something in the range of up to a year in prison — and to define what level of aid is permissible, Benitez-Thompson said.

Opponents said the law could criminalize people who inadvertently get caught up in someone else's misdeeds by nature of their relationship.

"By taking the enumerated people out, it criminalizes people who are not actually criminals when our prisons are already overflowing," said Vanessa Spinazola, a lobbyist with the American Civil Liberties Union of Nevada.

She said if the spousal relationship is left protected in the law, then domestic partnerships should be considered, too.

Benitez-Thompson said the bill's intent is not to make criminals of family members who interact with a relative who has committed a crime unless they intended to assist the relative in avoiding arrest or covering up the crime.

She said she did not want to return to the Legislature in two years and see that relatives are being unfairly prosecuted for their actions or inaction.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3