Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11

+11
Lilone
CritterFan1
laga
charminglane
jeanne1807
raine1953
cherylz
Nama
lisette
artgal16
Wrapitup
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 2 Empty Re: Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:13 am

I sincerely hope that Misty learns how to read and write and in general, Better herself in prison.

Guaranteed, she will be infamous there and some will side with her and other's will knock her lights out. It will be survival of the fittest.

And Yes, I completely agree. We have and are failing our children. And, I often DO wonder about Haleigh had she lived. How would she have ended up? Like Misty? Would Ron have given HaLeigh drug dealing lessons? Seriously.

And where has GGMA Sykes been lately? She w/be dead and gone by the time her Ronnie boy gets out of prision. And, didn't SHE (NOT Mother Teresa) raise Ron? Why? thinking

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 2 Empty Re: Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11

Post by Nama Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:18 am

Anger and a sense of remoteness had marked Cummings for years, said his grandmother Annette Sykes, who reared him and his sister until Sykes' husband became debilitated by Alzheimer's. Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of the two children beginning when Ronald was 3. He moved out as his grandfather became increasingly ill and was back with his mother, Teresa Neves, in Sumter County by the time he was a young teenager....................
......................."Everything Kirby did at home, Ronald was right with him," Sykes said. "Every step Kirby took."

Cummings was never the same after his death in January 2002, she said.

From jail, Cummings said his grandfather had been a guiding force in his life.

"He taught me the basics, you know, be good to your women and your children," he said. "Work."

He said he learned right from wrong from his grandfather, and the importance of respect.

"I'm sure he wouldn't be happy I'm in here, that's for sure," he said.

His most serious arrests started after high school.

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/haleigh-cummings-f5/6-21-2010-bone-found-in-the-st-john-river-not-related-to-the-haleigh-cummings-case-t2878-500.htm
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:32 am

I truly believe the welfare system in our country needs a big over haul. You get a check you work. Set up day care centers and let these welfare women man them and others can go to work.

I see our church collecting for the food banks and the same lazy, healthy ones pick up groceries week after week. Don't get me wrong. I believe in helping those that have lost their jobs and those with children but they have to do something.

We need workers on the highways. We need park cleanups. If you want a check every month..work for it.

I think the social services in Satsuma, Florida must be so over worked.

And speaking of all of that where was Crystal? She knew what was going on. They all knew what was going on. Where was Teresa that night? Where was grandma Sikes that night.

Why did the whole kit and kaboodle of them let little Haleigh stay with druggie Misty? Because it was the easy way out.

That is why there is so much hand wringing and finger pointing. They all failed Haleigh that night. The only one stuck with little Haleigh was Misty. Hung over drug dealing Misty.

Tons of people grow up in very poor conditions and they over come their circumstances.

I grew up in a home with a single mother who was depressed. She married an abusive drunk and we lived in projects until I was 13.

But I always knew right from wrong and I always knew I would get out someway. So I don't take all the could have and would have.

I am not buying it.

And while I am on my rant. Think about Misty in the airport being "interviewed" and how street wise she was then. Think about Misty sitting on the phone in jail telling everybody to "kiss her ass". And think about Misty showing off her ring and how smart she thought she was in the front seat of that car selling drugs.

Misty is a whole lot smarter than she is given credit for.

You play..you pay. It's over. She shall now be "our guest" for the next 25 years. So now John Q Public gets screwed again by the system.

She will sit in a clean cell and eat good food and learn her abc's. She will find God and we will pay and pay and pay.

Gosh I wish she was down in Georgia or Arizona where that sheriff with the road gangs and bologna sandwiches rules.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:39 am

Sheriff Arpaio is being investigated for a whole lot of not so good things.
Top officials in the office of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio used its anti-corruption unit to conduct politically motivated investigations, misled the public about a campaign fund that helped Arpaio win reelection and surveilled the Arizona lawman's campaign rivals, according to an internal memo from a high-ranking officer.
He may end up eating his own food~!
http://articles.latimes.com/2010/sep/17/nation/la-na-joe-arpaio-20100918
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:18 am

The above is referencing Elizabeth Johnson, correct? Since Jeanne was specifically speaking about how she wishes Misty was down in AZ w/the road gangs and bologna sandwich rules, I do Not particularly find this off topic.

But, I just don't want the next post (after this one) to discuss The good sherrif of Maricopa County in AZ.

And Jeanne, I think Misty will get a life sentence when she goes to Putnum County on the 19th for 7 more trafficking charges, with video to go with it. Now, that..I believe is too much. We have pedophiles and rapists, murderers that do less time. angry
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:26 am

Wrap do you think they will give her a life sentence because they want to force her to give the details of Haleigh's death? She pleaded no-lo- so there was no trial as well in this case, are we to assume its no contest in all the other 7? In that case, I would think there would be sentences that run concurrent with this one - wouldnt there?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:50 am

They COULD run concurrent. Due to no trial (if I were her, I would have gone for the trial w/the "pity factor") it is completely up to the judge. Even if she adds on 25 more years to be run separate, that is 50 years. She would be 69 years old by the time she gets out. Of course, there is time served for good behaviour. It will be very, very interesting.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:21 pm

If one goes back and reads what the police officer testified to then you will see that "poor" Misty was a drug dealer. She had several suppliers and she had drugs she was selling on the street.

I am not dumb enough to not know that they "targeted" her because of Haleigh.

But one way or another Justice was served on Miss Hollywood.

Letting Ron out will surely roast my pumpkins. But if he gets out..it won't be for long. They will watch that boy night and day. He has strutted his stuff enough to make me want to make a citizens arrest.

Now I am going back to the cooking section. My bp is raising. lol
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:48 pm

You and your avatar kill me!!!!! Along with your last para!! ROFLMAO
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:08 pm

By RICHARD PRIOR

Misty Janette Croslin conceded from the stand that she should get some prison time for trafficking in hydrocodone, but it would have been a lot less than the 25 years she received during Friday's sentencing hearing.

She told St. Johns County Circuit Judge Wendy W. Berger that she was entitled to a break because, "I learned my lesson not to mess with drugs."

She said she wants to go back to school, get a job and have a family.

"And I'm so young," said Croslin, who will turn 19 on Dec. 9.

The judge was left with few sentencing choices for Croslin, who was charged with trafficking between 28 grams and 30 kilograms of Oxycodone after selling 155 Endocet tablets to an undercover officer on Jan. 8.

She could have sentenced Croslin as an adult on the first-degree felony.

That would mean a minimum mandatory prison term of 25 years up to a maximum of 30 years.

Or the judge could have followed defense attorney Robert Fields' recommendation and sentenced her as a youthful offender.

The problem with that, Berger said, was the sentencing maximum was six years.

"I had to think ... is this case worth six years?" the judge said. "It's not.

"You made choices. Now you're going to have to live with the choices that you made."

Berger gave her 25 years in prison, followed by five years of drug-offender probation. She also levied the required $500,000 fine.

Croslin was one of five people who were arrested Jan. 13 following a month-long drug investigation.

The others were Croslin's ex-husband, Ronald Cummings; her brother, Hank Croslin Jr.; Cummings' cousin, Hope Sykes; and Croslin's friend Donna Brock.

All of them were sentenced to 15 years.

Assistant State Attorney Jason Lewis urged Berger to give Croslin the maximum term.

FDLE Agent Travis Smith had portrayed Croslin as the "bigger fish" who doesn't get offered a deal by the state.

"She's been moving an enormous amount of prescription pills in our community," said Smith. "Misty Croslin initiated all the drug transactions."

Fields scoffed at the idea that the drug operation being run out of the Satsuma area of Putnam County could be run by his client, who could barely read or write.

The sixth grade was the last one Croslin successfully completed.

Croslin said she was willing to take her share of the responsibility but wasn't going to shoulder it all.

She didn't hesitate when she admitted to Lewis that drug-dealing was wrong.

However, she tearfully added, "When you grow up and you've got no money or nothing, and that's a way to get money so you have something to eat ... it sounds pretty good, you know."

Croslin also said she probably wouldn't have been the focus of a drug investigation if it were not for the disappearance of 5-year-old HaLeigh Ann-Marie Cummings the night of Feb. 9, 2009.

Croslin, Cummings' live-in girlfriend at the time, was babysitting Cummings' daughter, HaLeigh, and Ronald Jr., Cummings' son, who turned 4 after his sister's disappearance.

Cummings was at work in Palatka at the time.

Nothing has been heard about the little girl since she vanished.

Cummings and Croslin were married March 12, 2009.

Their divorce was final seven months later.

"This case is not about HaLeigh Cummings, Misty," Berger said. "This case is about you and your co-defendants trafficking in drugs."

Among the many spectators and family members who packed the St. Johns County courtroom Friday afternoon was Crystal Sheffield, HaLeigh Cummings' biological mother.

She stared, and occasionally glowered, at Croslin for most of the hearing.

Among those seated behind Sheffield were five women with white "We Love You Haleigh" and "Have You Seen Me?" T-shirts, emblazoned with oversize pictures of the missing child.

None but the occasional family member or character witness joined the 42 defendants on Berger's docket for the morning session.

Vacant seats were scarce in the afternoon. Print reporters and television crews packed the jury box.

Nine sheriff's deputies were posted around the courtroom.

Responding to Fields' questions, Croslin said she had been raped for the first time in the seventh grade. It had happened several times since.

She took care of a legless great-grandmother when she was 6, feeding and cleaning her.

The family lived in campground tents for prolonged periods, she said.

When she met Ronald Cummings, he was 24; she was 16.

He was living in his own trailer in Satsuma - "an upgrade for you," Fields said to Croslin.

Her attorney then asked why she stayed with Cummings if, as she said, he dragged her around, threw her against a wall and choked her.

"I loved him," she said. "And he was better than where I was."

Croslin looked pasty and bored as the hearing opened. That changed when her mother, Lisa Croslin, took the stand and admitted to Fields that she had been a "terrible" mother.

"How old is Misty Croslin?" Fields asked.

"Seventeen ... eighteen," Lisa Croslin said.

"You don't even know how old your daughter is," Fields said.

It was a statement, not a question.

"No, sir," she said.

Misty mouthed "I love you" as the elder Croslin left the stand.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-10-09/croslin-gets-25-years

Some of the comments are priceless!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:50 pm

You are so right, Charm. Some women just keep having kids so they get that fat welfare check and the food stamps and don't have to work. They sit in front of the tv watching their soap opera's, don't take care of their kids, have no clue where they are half the time, teach them nothing about 'right from wrong'.

That is because they were raised that way and on and on the cycle goes.

In a way, I DO have some empathy for Misty. She could not break away from the cycle. IF she had known how to read, write and spell, she might have had a chance. And, as sad as it is..I can see why she was attracted to Ron. Anything was better than the way she was merely existing with her drug addicted parents. At least Ron had a trailer, a vehicle and a job. The two kids were thrown into Misty's mix, unfortunately. She probably did the best she could but Ron liked his drugs and I do believe he got her hooked on oxy's.

My little Noah, at age 4..can already write his complete name and knows all his letters and numbers. That is because between his parents teaching him and daycare, he is already getting an education.

Kids come into this world innocent - with minds like a sponge. It all depends on what you put in their minds that makes all the difference as to how they will turn out as adults. I read that by the time a child is 6 years old, his or her basic personality has already set in.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 2 Empty Prison Door Slams Shut on Misty Croslin Cummings; Is Her Sentence Just?

Post by Wrapitup Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Published October 10, 2010 by:
Carol Bengle Gilbert

The gavel has come down for the last of the relatives of missing little girl Haleigh Cummings to be charged with drug crimes. Eighteen year old Misty Croslin Cummings received word Friday that she would spend the next 25 years in prison. She was convicted on one charge of drug trafficking for selling oxycodone in St. Johns county, Fla. Seven additional drug trafficking charges are pending against Croslin Cummings in neighboring Putnam county, with sentencing set for Oct. 19.

Haleigh Cummings' father Ronald, Ronald's cousin Hope Sykes, Misty's brother Tommy Croslin, as well as Misty's friend Donna Brock were all previously sentenced to 15 years in connection with the same drug sting that ensnared Misty Croslin Cummings in January.First Coast News reported that the judge in Misty Croslin Cummings' case, Hon. Wendy Berger, decided that Misty was too involved in the drug scene to qualify for sentencing as a youthful offender. Sentencing as a youthful offender would have resulted in a 6 year lockup.

Is the 25 year sentence just? I would argue no.

Misty Croslin Cummings A Minor When Arrested Note: This is NOT true. Misty turned 18 in Dec. 2009. They were arrested for drugs in Jan. 2010.

Misty Croslin Cummings was 17 years old when she was arrested in the drug sting that led to her 25 year prison term. As a 17 year old, she was in fact a youthful offender and should have been treated as one by the courts.

The juvenile justice system was established in recognition of the differences between adults and children. Recent research shows that the human brain is not fully mature even at age 18.

Role Models Lacking in Croslin Cummings' Life

Not only was Misty Croslin Cummings' behavior affected by her biological maturity level, she lacked role models to teach her responsible, law-abiding behavior. Both of Croslin-Cummings' parents were- and still are- drug users and alcohol abusers. In the time since Haleigh Cummings disappeared, Misty's mother Lisa Croslin has been in jail on both drug and forgery charges. Misty's father was in jail on drug charges during Misty's sentencing.

Lisa Croslin testified at Misty's hearing that she left Misty and her brothers alone as young children and went drinking. The family moved from campground to campground during parts of Misty's childhood. Misty was ridiculed by other children for not being able to read and write.

Raped at 12, Dropped Out

Beyond having negative and absent role models during her childhood, Misty Croslin Cummings suffered severe trauma including multiple rapes. She was raped during 7th grade, causing such intense fear of going out that she dropped out of school. Misty's sister-in-law Chelsea Croslin said in a media interview that the adult rapist was sentenced to 8 years.

At age 14, Misty became pregnant and ran away.

The Haleigh Factor

Misty Croslin Cummings was the last person known to have seen Haleigh Cummings before she disappeared from her bed in Feb. 2009. Police have questioned her story about what happened that night and publicly stated that they don't believe she has told all that she knows. Legally, this is irrelevant to her drug arrest and sentencing. But did it nevertheless influence her arrest and sentencing?

Comment sections of internet articles on the Haleigh Cummings case are replete with regrets that poor Haleigh didn't stand a chance, being raised by drug-using family with glaring social deficiencies. Yet can't the same be said for Misty? She too was a child. She too grew up amid drugs. And she suffered indignities that little Haleigh avoided- rape, illiteracy, and homelessness. If Haleigh deserves empathy for her experiences prior to her disappearance, surely Misty Croslin Cummings evokes some as well.

Child Had Hard Life, So What?

"Lots of people have hard lives and don't end up committing crimes," Judge Berger said after hearing evidence of childhood trauma and instability during Croslin Cummings' sentencing hearing.

Minimizing Misty's experience by comparing it to the "hard life" suffered by others who didn't sell drugs denies the reality that Misty lived. Absent parents, multiple rapes, no teachers after age 12, no regular home- these factors describe much more than a "hard life." They describe a desperation few can imagine, developmental trauma that impedes normal growing up. Being raped during childhood is a recognized trigger for widespread psychological and social dysfunction including drug use and and criminal behavior.

Without parents or other stable adults to guide her, desperately traumatized by multiple rapes, destabilized by homelessness and parental addiction, when, where, and how was Misty Croslin Cummings supposed to learn about "making the right choices?" To hold her accountable as if she were an adult for failing to do so, for a drug offense committed when she was still a child of 17, is unconscionable. Facing 6 years in prison at age 18- one-third of her lifetime to date- would have been a virtual eternity and plenty long for treatment and rehabilitation.

25 years for a nonviolent crime committed at age 17 is more than three times the sentence received by the adult who violently raped her when she was 12.

Does anyone seriously contend that this is justice?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5879618/prison_door_slams_shut_on_misty_croslin.html?cat=17

I do agree with a lot this author has to say. Unlike some that met a nice man and got them out of the "ghetto" lifestyle, Misty had not one single solitary decent role model in her short years before the 25 years she will get in jail. Will she serve all 25? Who knows? They could literally throw the book at her with the 7 charges she has coming up on 10/19.

Some things about Misty's life have come out on Friday that we had no idea about. I did not know she took care of her "legless" great grandmother at age 6, that they lived in campground after campground, that they had literally NO adult supervision (although that one does not shock me) that she was pregnant at 14. That her own mother had no clue how old her own daughter was? WTH? And she turned to Ron, of all people..who IMHO took major advantage of her in every way. More and more, I do not think she has a clue what happened to HaLeigh. I would think the 25 years she just got would make her talk big time!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Wait a second. Didn't Miss Misty live up in Tennessee with Grandma Flo? For some reason I am thinking she didn't like Grandma Flo's rules and ran away from there too?

I kind of lost track of Donna Brock? I thought she was doing undercover for Tim Miller. She got 15 years? I remember she was the traveling companion when Misty flew to New York. How the heck did she end up with 15 years?

Sorry I guess I am having a moment with all these people that I have to support in the system for the next 15 years while my ss check remains at -0-.

Can our government afford to keep all these people in prisons with first class accomodiations?

They are breaking my back.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:18 pm

What happened to the pregnancy, I wonder.

Beyond having negative and absent role models during her childhood, Misty Croslin Cummings suffered severe trauma including multiple rapes. She was raped during 7th grade, causing such intense fear of going out that she dropped out of school. Misty's sister-in-law Chelsea Croslin said in a media interview that the adult rapist was sentenced to 8 years.

At age 14, Misty became pregnant and ran away.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5879618/prison_door_slams_shut_on_misty_croslin_pg2.html?cat=17
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:00 pm

I do feel for her. I think that sentence had everything to do with HaLeigh. How many people w/zero record who are 18 years old go to prison for 25 years for selling some pills? She is NO major drug cartel/dealer. Give me a break!

God only knows what happened with the pregnancy. She probably found some way to get rid of the baby..even if she did it to herself. I think she has had a completely rough, horrible life with no one there for her. Grandma Flo seems like a whackadoo to me. She would have to be. She is Lisa Croslin's mother. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. And what mother doesn't know how old their teenage daughter is; especially when they are on the stand. And, can you imagine a 6 year old taking care of a legless great grandmother? Where was Flora and Lisa?

It is different for Tommy. He w/get out and do whatever he does. But, I bet he was never raped or pregnant or took care of his great grandmother. He found Lindsay and had some semblance of normality even though he f'd that up. And, Timmy and Chelsea are in Mass, away from it all. She was on JVM on Friday very distraught over her SIL, Misty, getting that ridiculous sentence.

It is evident to me that Misty does not know any more than she has already said. What 18 year old would accept 25 years for a drug bust if they had viable information on HaLeigh that could help her sentence? And, for the life of me, I just cannot see Misty killing her.

I truly fear for Misty on the 19th. She could get life. Maybe I already said this, but these perverts get out of jail on a whim, it seems...as do murder's and rapists.
It\\'s Not Fair

p.s. Not sure how Donna Brock or Hope Sykes got involved in the pill business except to say the money talked loudly to them.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 2 Empty Misty Croslin's Next Sentencing Pushed To January 10, 2011

Post by Nama Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:22 am

Sentencing On Putnam County Charges Delayed

Misty Croslin won’t be sentenced on charges in Putnam County until 2011, but the last person to see Haleigh Cummings won’t be going far in the mean time.
Croslin was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Oct. 8 on one count of drug trafficking in St. Johns County.
She faces nine charges in Putnam county.
A sentencing hearing was supposed to be held on Oct. 19 on one of the drug trafficking charges, but the sentencing has been moved to Jan. 10, officials said on Friday.
Misty was with Haleigh Cummings, 5, on the night she disappeared in February 2009. Haleigh has not been seen since.
Recently, Croslin reportedly told investigators she heard Haleigh Cummings being attacked before she vanished.
Croslin, who was the girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald, at the time, was arrested with the child's father in a drug sting.
Ronald has also been sentenced to 15 years on similar drug charges.

http://www.wesh.com/r/25404346/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Why push the next sentence? 25 years is a long time. I think they can wait till 2011.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:35 am

I also feel sorry for Misty - she seemed to be kind-hearted, but didn't have a very good upbringing (to say the least)! I do think her sentence was too extreme, but hope that it will cause her to open up more about what she knows about Haleigh's disappearance. Although, I can't help but feel that she WAS being honest about her cousin (Joe) kidnapping Haleigh & then dumping her in the river.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:30 am

If our group was to be interviewed I think you all would see that not all of us had a "Brady Bunch" homelife. A lot of us came from very bad backgrounds with various things going on in our lives.

I do believe the Lord and the devil resides in each of us. Chosing who to follow is a personal choice each of us has to make daily.

Misty has had many opportunities to "make her life right". Did bad things happen to her..yes they did.

But every single human being would help a child being hurt, abducted, assulted in their home.

She hid under the covers? She did nothing to help Haleigh? She never answered 90 of Rons calls? She never called Teresa to say something bad is happening. She never even called 911 until Ron got home. She knew how to dial those numbers then didn't she?

I shall save my love and comfort for somebody deserving. Misty is a product of her environment but she has never tried to better herself.

Take some time to remember Misty when she wasn't locked up. She was a real little smart aleck.

Well jail has changed her tune a bit and nobody is "kissing her ass" as she told us all to do.

Miss Misty isn't serving 25 years for selling some pills. Misty is serving 25 years for letting a child die on her watch.

Applause to the judge that had the integrity to sentence her.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 2 Empty More photos from Misty's sentencing

Post by Nama Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:12 am

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 2 Met_MistyCroslin10081
Misty Croslin exhales as she waits for her sentencing for drug trafficking in front of Circuit Court Judge Wendy Berger at the St. Johns County Courthouse.

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 2 Met_05MistyCroslin10_0-2
Sitting with her attorney Robert Fields, Misty Croslin reacts to testimony from her mother, Lisa Croslin, during her sentencing for prescription drugs.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:58 am

Thanks for the pics, BJ. The last picture doesn't even look like her at all.

Jeanne, I am in the middle of the road with what you stated. I agree that there are some (like us) that were able to become something in life. You had your husband to help you. I just couldn't see myself living a life of drugs and squander. Whatever our reasons, we were able to pull out off our childhood and do well as adults.

I think with Misty, everywhere she turned there were drugs. Even her own "Parents" were not what I would classify as parents. She grew up around drugs..she was probably smoking pot and crack by the time she was in first grade. I just think no matter where she went, she had nowhere to turn..it seems her entire family are drug addicts/criminals or both. I do feel empathy for her. Yes, I know she showed her Booty when she was not in jail. She never thought she would end up in prison. She was delusional. Drugs will do that to you. I truly don't think she ever knew of any other lifestyle. She learned how to be a drug addict/dealer from the crib almost.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:12 am

I had a bad childhood but I didn't have terrible things in my home. Depression, divorce, no family or funds were our problems.

I just spent a bit thinking if drug dealing was going on in my early days. Would I have accepted it as a "way of life". I don't know? A good question.

I didn't have much and my mother and I were never close but she was very "this is right and this is wrong".

We didn't have love but we had dignity.

I can't put myself in Mistys shoes because I have never walked her path. Perhaps I am lacking apathy for Misty? I tend to do that a lot with people.

In my mind everybody should..left, right. In a perfect world.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:34 am

My sympathy is reserved for the real victim, HaLeigh. Who was fed to alligators and will never be found. I feel nothing for Misty. She is getting what she deserves.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:12 am

Jeanne, Misty should bite her mother's ear. Not for giving her material things, but for giving her the freedom that no child should have and for giving her no direction in life. Bite hard Misty!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:21 am

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO I agree

Jeanne, my mother was very involved in the dignity thing and the right from wrong. She just didn't show any type of nurturing at all. It would have been very easy to get with the wrong crowd, which I did for a short while but realized it early on.

Misty had zero "dignity" or right from wrong in her home. So, I DO have some empathy for her. And, at the rate it was going, I fear HaLeigh would have grown up to be Misty #2. I certainly hope little Jr. grows up happy and healthy.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:27 am

By the time Misty gets out of jail, hopefully, she won't be able to reproduce and the world will be spared another generation that will follow in the footsteps of her grandmother, her mother and herself. Praise the Lord for that.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:44 pm

BJ in OR wrote:Jeanne, Misty should bite her mother's ear. Not for giving her material things, but for giving her the freedom that no child should have and for giving her no direction in life. Bite hard Misty!

Good advice, BJ!! :lol!: I agree
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 pm

BJ in OR wrote:A sentencing hearing was supposed to be held on Oct. 19 on one of the drug trafficking charges, but the sentencing has been moved to Jan. 10, officials said on Friday.
Misty was with Haleigh Cummings, 5, on the night she disappeared in February 2009. Haleigh has not been seen since.
Recently, Croslin reportedly told investigators she heard Haleigh Cummings being attacked before she vanished.
Croslin, who was the girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald, at the time, was arrested with the child's father in a drug sting.
Ronald has also been sentenced to 15 years on similar drug charges.

What I don't get is why Ronald gets only 15 years, while Misty gets the book thrown at her! It doesn't seem fair, but it must have something to do with Haleigh's disappearance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 2 Empty She was the common denominator in all seven buys.

Post by Nama Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:53 pm

by Rainbow Today at 1:46 pm What I don't get is why Ronald gets only 15 years, while Misty gets the book thrown at her! It doesn't seem fair, but it must have something to do with Haleigh's disappearance.
Cummings, 26, and Croslin, 18, face multiple counts of trafficking charges. They were among five people arrested Wednesday in a prescription drug trafficking sting, deputy sheriffs said.

Also arrested was Donna Brock, an Orlando woman who accompanied Croslin on a recent trip to Central Florida and who was affiliated with Texas EquuSearch, a national organization that searches for missing people. Brock's membership in that group was terminated in late October.

"She [Misty Croslin] was involved in all of them [the drug purchases]," Greenwood said. "She was the common denominator in all seven buys."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-01-22/news/os-haleigh-cummings-misty-dad-arrested-20100121_1_haleigh-cummings-ronald-cummings-misty-croslin
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:22 pm

I do feel empathy for Misty but it took me a long time to feel like this.
She was given zero tools as to what was right or wrong, no morals, and her folks even let her go to another state to live with a b/f when she was 15. I don't know what else she would have done but live like the example she was given by her parents and most likely the adults she was around growing up as most druggies hang out with druggies.
That being said, she is where she belongs because I know she was somehow involved with Haleigh's death just as I believe Ron was. At least Ron's Grandparents tried to raise him decently while they had him so I think he was given better tools than Misty. I honestly think Misty was in a blackout and she can't recall what happened to Haleigh because I feel she would have told the truth at least after she was arrested this last time.
I do think that if Haleigh had been given the chance to grow up along with her brother being raised by Ron and Misty, they would most likely turned out the same as their parents. What a sad, sad way of life that these people lived.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:59 pm

BJ, it also took me a long time to feel any empathy for Misty. I think I first started to when I heard the way her parents spoke to her and visa versa. It was evident that the parent's didn't treat her like a daughter at all. And the language used by both was inexcusable. I bet Grandma Hollers was the same way with Lisa, and on and on it goes.

At least Jr. is with Crystal. That has got to be better than where he was before. I think between Crystal and Marie Griffis, Jr. will be okay. But, I doubt we will ever really know what became of HaLeigh as I believe Misty would have spilled her guts when she was arrested for the drugs.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Wrap should know Crystal is on her friend list on facebook. Are they still together? Would you still have empathy for her if she was the one that actually killed HaLeigh? She should be locked up long enough to make sure she can not produce children. HaLeigh is going to be missing forever and that is on Mistys watch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Just because she is on my friends list on FB, I don't know for certain but it had been said months ago (forget by whom) that they were NOT. Of course I would not have empathy for Misty if she had killed HaLeigh but I don't believe she did and don't believe she remembers much as I think she was wasted. Yes, that is on Misty's watch but it's also on Ron's watch for letting a 17 year old drug addict take care of two kids 5 and under. I am not the only one that feels empathy for Misty, nor am I the only one that has Crystal as a friend on FB. I had asked to be her friend early on and about 10 mo later out of the blue, she approved me. We NEVER chat. Ever.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:23 pm

Wrapitup wrote:... But, I doubt we will ever really know what became of HaLeigh as I believe Misty would have spilled her guts when she was arrested for the drugs.

Wrap, didn't Misty tell what she knew happened to Haleigh when she took LE to the river this past summer? I remember the big search going on back then, and Haleigh's body was never recovered - but that doesn't mean it didn't happen! I think I remember someone mentioning that there are a lot of alligators in that river - they could have eaten her. Didn't Jr. also agree to that story, and implicate his cousin? (I forget his name)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Misty has told so many stories, it is difficult to know what really happened. Although, I will say that what she said about Tommy and Joe Overstreet tying her down with a brick and throwing her in the St. John's River made the most sense of all.

I think that Jr. is too young to know what really happened, and I don't think a four year old would implicate Misty's cousin, not his. They are not related.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:23 pm

What if Misty becomes preggers in Jail?

Just spreading a little Holiday cheer!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:31 am

Wrap, sorry... I'm getting confused. I meant to say that Tommy (not Jr.) agreed with Misty's story. However, I agree - Misty has told many different stories... it's hard to know what to believe!!

Jeanne, let's hope not! :lol!:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:13 am

I can't remember if Tommy agreed or disagreed. He is another one that tells the tall tales. IMHO, I think he is the culprit. He wanted drugs and he was going to get them from Misty no matter what he had to do. This is my opinion. He has admitted he has a major problem. He strikes me as someone who is basically oblivious to everything. And might I add, not very easy to look at.

Maybe I am naive, but do the female prisoner's fraternize with the male prisoner's? faint

I see Misty finding a female to hang out with. I have heard it is very easy to get drugs in prison. I heard that the guards sell them to the inmates. Don't ask me how the inmates have money but I've heard this for years.

Misty is probably happy as a clam. She has 3 hots and a cot, has probably made friends as she is infamous at this point and seems like the kind of gal that could easily sway most anyone. She learned it from her parents. At least she is not on the street and not with Ron.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:05 am

by Wrapitup Today at 8:13 am Maybe I am naive, but do the female prisoner's fraternize with the male prisoner's?
She could have a guards baby.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:04 pm

No. She should not reproduce.
I would not trust her with a stuffed animal.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:24 am

Misty is due for sentencing in Putnam County for drug-related charges on Jan. 10. Wonder if she'll get 25 more years added onto the 25 she already has.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Croslin was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Oct. 8 on one count of drug trafficking in St. Johns County.
She faces nine charges in Putnam county.
A sentencing hearing was supposed to be held on Oct. 19 on one of the drug trafficking charges, but the sentencing has been moved to Jan. 10, officials said on Friday.

http://www.wesh.com/r/25404346/detail.html
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 2 Empty Croslin to be sentenced Monday on multiple drug counts

Post by Nama Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:05 pm

Misty Croslin Sentenced to 25 Years!!!!/ Misty receives ANOTHER 25 YEAR sentence/ Sentences to run concurrent /Misty speaks from prison about HaLeigh, Ron & her parents. Must-see video!! Misty loses appeal as of 10/07/11 - Page 2 Bilde1-1
Sitting with her attorney Robert Fields, Misty Croslin reacts to testimony from her mother, Lisa Croslin, during her sentencing for drug trafficking in front of Circuit Court Judge Wendy Berger at the St. JohnÕs County Courthouse on Friday afternoon, October 8, 2010. Croslin received a sentence of 25 years in prison.

If Misty Croslin has anymore secrets to tell regarding the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, she will have one last chance Monday before she is sentenced on multiple counts of dealing prescription drugs in Putnam County.

Croslin, 19, was living with Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, and was in the house with the girl when she disappeared in 2009. That case has never been solved.

In the meantime, Croslin, Cummings and several others were arrested in January 2010 on multiple counts of trafficking prescription drugs.

All have been sentenced, including Croslin on one count in St. Johns County. But on Monday she faces sentencing in Putnam County on seven counts.

Putnam County investigators would talk to Croslin if she has anything more to say about the Haleigh case, said Capt. Johnny Greenwood.

"We'll meet with her if she reaches out and wants to talk about the case. We'd definitely talk to her. We'd talk to anyone," Greenwood said.

Croslin is currently in the Lowell Correctional Institution, a state women's prison in Marion County, serving the 25-year St. Johns County sentence.

Her grandmother, Flora Hollars, said she talks frequently with Croslin on the phone. Hollars said Croslin is trying to make the best of the situation.

"She's doing real good. She's going to school and making As," Hollars said. "I question her every time she calls me to see what I can get, and I haven't gotten anything to report yet."

Haleigh was reported missing from her Satsuma home at about 3:30 a.m. Feb. 10, 2009. Croslin initially said she was asleep with Haleigh, then age 5, and Ronald Cummings Jr., then age 2. Croslin awoke to find Haleigh missing.

That story changed last summer while Croslin and her brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., were jailed on the drug charges.

Both Croslins implicated a cousin from Tennessee, Joe Overstreet, with an attack on Haleigh. Tommy Croslin contends Overstreet then disposed of her body in the St. Johns River off a boat ramp between Satsuma and Welaka.

A three-day search of the St. Johns in the vicinity of the ramp failed to find any evidence of her body. Overstreet has denied the allegations.

When Croslin was sentenced in St. Johns County in October, her attorney, Robert Fields, argued that Croslin should be sentenced as a youthful offender.

That would have landed her a six-year sentence rather than the minimum mandatory of 25 years for the amount of oxycodone involved in the charge.

Fields also called Croslin's mother, Lisa, to testify about the difficult upbringing and poor education of Croslin.

Fields did not return phone messages from The Sun last week.

Greenwood said new leads in the Haleigh case are scarce, but he added investigators follow every bit of information they get. He would not say if detectives have spoken with Croslin since last year, when she told of Overstreet's alleged involvement.

"We're still investigating the case. We get the occasional tip, but we are not getting the steady tips we did initially," Greenwood said. "We always maintain the case will get solved. We have to. When a tip or lead comes in, we follow it to the end."

Steve Brown, a private investigator who worked on the case for Tommy Croslin, said he continues to get information about the case as well.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20110109/ARTICLES/110109555/1109/sports?p=2&tc=pg
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:08 pm

"She's doing real good. She's going to school and making As," Hollars said. "I question her every time she calls me to see what I can get, and I haven't gotten anything to report yet."
I would like to know what classes Misty is taking and what grade level she's studying at. It was my understanding that Misty was illiterate.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:40 am

Maybe she is literally going back to first grade level. How nice that they offer an education in prison. Yet, people who have committed no crimes have problems paying their college tuition. Unreal!!

Anyone know what time the trial is?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:51 am

Misty Croslin: Woman at center of missing-girl case faces sentencing for drug charges
Misty Croslin was babysitting her then-boyfriend's daughter, Haleigh Cummings, when she vanished from their double-wide trailer in Putnam County in February 2009.

Compiled by Orlando Sentinel

8:13 a.m. EST, January 10, 2011

Misty Croslin, the young woman at the center of a missing-girl mystery, is scheduled to be sentenced today on drug-trafficking charges in Putnam County.

Croslin, 19, was babysitting her then-boyfriend's daughter, Haleigh Cummings, when she vanished from their double-wide trailer in the rural Putnam County community of Satsuma in February 2009.

Haleigh, who was 5 when she vanished, has never been found and no one has been charged in her disappearance.

Putnam County officials have ruled her case a homicide and have said Croslin hasn't told everything she knows.

Since the disappearance, Croslin and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, were arrested on drug charges. Croslin was sentenced to 25 years in prison on a drug-trafficking charge in St. Johns County. She is scheduled to be sentenced on seven drug-trafficking charges today in Putnam County.

Her sentencing is set for 1:30 p.m. in a courtroom in Palatka.

This is a developing story, Check back later for updates.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/crime/os-misty-croslin-sentenced-drugs-20110111,0,7879419.story
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next