Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:24 am

October 20, 2010 2:30 PM
Posted by Edecio Martinez

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen
Photobucket
Paige Johnson (Personal Photo)

BATAVIA, Ohio (CBS/WKRC/AP) Searchers are fanning out across an Ohio state park trying to learn what happened to 17-year-old northern Kentucky girl Paige Johnson, who went missing nearly four weeks ago.

Police told The Kentucky Enquirer they tracked the cell phone activity of a man who had been with Paige the day she disappeared. They say they were led to East Fork State Park near Batavia, a 10,000-acre park east of Cincinnati.

Paige, of Florence, Ky., was last seen Sept. 23. The male acquaintance told police he dropped Paige off to visit a friend at about 1 a.m.

But Paige never made it to the friend's home and the teen's mother hasn't heard from her since.

Clermont County sheriff's deputies and Covington, Ky., police planned to search the park Wednesday with dogs.

Friends of Johnson are rapidly spreading the word of her disappearance online through social media.

CBS affiliate WKRC reports that her image and description are continuously being posted and re-posted on Facebook.

According to WKRC, the teen has a two-year-old daughter.

Paige is 5'1'' tall, 110 pounds with light brown hair with highlights. She has pierced ears, a pierced tongue and navel.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20020185-504083.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Re: Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 am

Published: 10/11 4:43 pm

Friends of Missing Northern Kentucky Teen Using Social Media To Spread the Word
Family Of Missing Teen Concerned

The search continues for a Northern Kentucky missing teen and it's taken on a new dimension. Friends of 17-year-old Paige Johnson are rapidly spreading the word online through social media.

Her image and description are continuously being posted and re-posted on Facebook. And officials are getting in on the act. Local 12's Joe Webb has been following the story.

Paige Johnson was last seen three weeks Thursday. The good news, is by now the entire community is aware she's disappeared. They know what she looks like and who to call if they have any information.

On the streets of Covington where Paige Johnson may have disappeared, her image is posted everywhere. Stop anyone on the street and they know the facts... her age, size and physical description. On Facebook, groups are now dedicated to spreading the word. The flier is posted and re-posted hundreds of times. Social Media consultant Krista Neher says she's never seen Facebook used to help find someone but thinks it's a brilliant use of the media. “Actually more people check facebook every day than listen to the radio or read a newspaper. So if you think about it, it's the milk carton for today. Why did missing people go on a milk carton? Because the milk carton was in everyone's home.”

A posting on Facebook also comes from a friend, lending authenticity and urgency that a flier on a pole may not. Prosecutor Rob Sanders is using the same media to spread the word about Johnson. He says cases like this often are broken when an innocent person overhears a conversation or stumbles into something. “If somebody that stumbles across that information happens to have seen the poster come across their Facebook page or Twitter account they'll know they're talking about this missing girl and we need to call police. And that's what we're hoping happens. “

Sanders says they are also monitoring Facebook to see if Paige logs in. She was an avid user and her last known contact was a message sent on Facebook. “There was, close in time to when Paige went missing there was a message left on a Facebook page. I don't know that that person got a chance to return that message.” That last message was essentially, “Call me, it's important.”

Police are not sure if she was in trouble and aren't speculating. The prosecutors office has subpoenaed phone and internet records of the last few people to interact with Paige Johnson. They are gathering information but have not opened a criminal case.

If you have any information about Paige Johnson, there are two number you can call. Contact Covington Police at 859-292-2222. You can also contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.

October 11th story filed by Joe Webb about Paige's disappearance

A Northern Kentucky family is expanding the search for a missing loved one. 17-year-old Paige Johnson of Florence disappeared on September 23rd, but her family is holding out hope they will find her. But Covington Police say some sources of information are drying up.

Local 12's Joe Webb has been following the story.

Paige Johnson was reportedly last seen at 15th and Scott in Covington... dropped off by a friend. Now that friend and Paige Johnson's boyfriend have hired attorneys and are being as helpful as they were at first. Every street corner in Covington seems to have a flier asking for help finding Paige Johnson. They're starting to pop up all over... even in Cincinnati.

Donna Johnson, Paige Johnson's Mother: "We put them in Florence, Newport, Ludlow, we're even going to put some in Walton. We're trying to put them anywhere they might have seen her."

Johnson has been missing 18 days. The fliers have given police some tips, but nothing specific about her whereabouts.

Lt. Col. Spike Jones, Covington Police: "DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE GETTING FULL COOPERATION FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT'S GONE ON WITH HER? Well we have received a lot of cooperation from some folks. As you know one individual has obtained and attorney...did obtain an attorney."

That was the last person known to have seen Paige Johnson, reportedly here at 15th and Scott in Covington.

"That's supposedly. We don't even know if she made it to 15th and Scott. That's just the friend who gave her a ride and said he dropped her off. But we don't know."

Jenny Roderick, Paige Johnson's Grandmother: "We don't know they're getting lawyers. We don't understand why they're getting lawyers. {DONNA} We're kind of curious ourselves why they did get lawyers. That scares us, too. We don't know."

Police are still handling this as a missing persons case. There is no criminal investigation.

"We're very confident we'll locate Paige."

Paige Johnson has a two-year-old daughter. The baby is with the father's family. Police say he is not suspected of any involvement with her disappearance.

Paige Johnson is 5'1'' tall....110 pounds with light brown hair with highlights. She has pierced ears... and a pierced tongue and navel.

Family-friends and even strangers are using Facebook to help find Paige Johnson. Dozens of people have posted the flier about the missing girl on their pages and there is a group now dedicated to finding Paige.

If you see Paige or know where she is, call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The number is 1-800-843-5678. Or 1-800-THE-LOST.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Missing-Teens-Friends-Use-Facebook-in-Search/_zgTrVd4Gkigf-pFJl2b4w.cspx

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=153264598047275
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Re: Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:38 am

Police look for missing girl at East Fork Lake
By
Charlie Van Sant
@ October 20, 2010 7:24 PM

CLERMONT COUNTY, Ohio -- Police are looking for 17-year-old Paige Johnson of Covington, Kentucky. They are using dogs to look through wooded areas at East Fork Lake for the girl, who was last seen September 23 with her friend Jacob Bumpass.

He is jailed on unrelated parole violation charges.

Bumpass told police he dropped the girl off in Covington the night she disappeared. But his cell phone suggests he was near the park that night.

Police hope to find the girl, or find evidence that will help them figure out what happened to Paige.

http://newstalkradiowhio.com/localnews/2010/10/police-look-for-missing-girl-a.html

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:45 am

Search for missing teen mother to continue at East Fork State Park

Photobucket
Paige Johnson and daughter, McKenzie

Posted: 10:09 PM
Last Updated: 30 minutes ago

* By: Carole Rawlins

COVINGTON, Ky. - Covington Police say they will continue their search at East Fork State Park Thursday morning for a missing 17-year-old mother.

More than 100 people from 30 different agencies searched the park Wednesday with specially trained dogs.

Paige Johnson was last seen September 23 with Jacob Bumpass. He says he dropped her off few blocks from her sister's house and then he stayed in Northern Kentucky.

Police say his cell phone tells a different story. Investigators say his cell phone showed "pings" at towers near the Clermont County park.

CNN's Nancy Grace interviewed a telecommunications expert Wednesday night about the accuracy of tracking cell phone pings.

He told the television host in an average city a "ping" on a cell tower puts the phone within a one mile radius, which is 2000 acres, of the tower. He says activity on the phone can break it down to a 700 acre area. A 911 call could place a phone within 100 feet.

Johnson's friends have organized a candlelight vigil for her for this Friday night. Johnson has a 2-year-old daughter.

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/tri-state_news/search-for-missing-teen-mother-to-continue-at-east-fork-state-park_5275455
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Friends Hold Out Hope for Missing Kentucky Teen

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:10 am

Updated: 3 hours 33 minutes ago

David Lohr Contributor
AOL News
(Oct. 21) -- Nearly a month after Paige Johnson vanished, baffled friends and family members are trying to remain hopeful that the teenage mother will be found safe.

"Paige is and will always be my best friend," Greer Locatell told AOL News. "She's like my little sister. We have been through it all. This girl is a fighter, and it kills me to see this happen, ... [but] I have faith [that] Paige is alive."

Paige Johnson, 17, was last heard from in the early-morning hours of Sept. 23, when she sent a Facebook message to her sister.
Johnson, a 17-year-old from Florence, Ky., with a 2-year-old daughter, was last heard from in the early-morning hours of Sept. 23. Police say a 22-year-old acquaintance named Jacob Bumpass claims he dropped her off near the corner of 15th Street and Scott Boulevard in Covington, Ky., at about 1 a.m. No one has seen her since.

"The night before she went missing she was with me," Locatell said. "I gave her a hug, told her I loved her and went [out] with my boyfriend and [my] friend Olivia. ... The night she went missing, she called me around 10 p.m. [and] asked if she could come stay the night at Olivia's, but her mom was already in bed. ... I thought she would stay home, [but] instead she told me Bumpass was going to hang out with her."

Roughly two hours later, at about midnight, Johnson sent a Facebook message to her older sister, Brittany Haywood. Johnson wrote, "GIRL. I need To Talk To You IMMEDIATELY!" Unfortunately, Haywood never got a chance to find out what her sister wanted. Johnson disappeared before the two could discuss it, WCPO News Channel 9 reported.

About seven hours later, Bumpass posted two messages on his Facebook profile, pleading with friends to let him know if they had seen her.

"If anyone has seen Paige Johnson please let me kno [sic] if you have seen her she is missing and if you look in my photos you will see what she looks like," Bumpass wrote. "Her friends and family really need to find her and no ones heard from her."

An hour later, Bumpass posted a similar message, adding, "The cops are looking for her now."

Locatell said she began to panic when she found out Johnson was missing and immediately called Bumpass.

"He sounded worried ... but also confused," Locatell said. "I went through Covington searching the streets, putting up fliers. ... Everything I could do, I did, and I got nothing."

On Oct. 4, Bumpass, who is on parole for a theft conviction, attempted to flee from his home when his parole officer stopped in to check on him, police said. Bumpass was taken into custody for violating his parole because he had alcohol and weapons in his home, authorities said.

According to copies of search warrant records obtained by WCPO, investigators found a substance resembling dried blood inside Bumpass' home, as well as two latex gloves, one of which had a "small drop of the same red substance."

The court documents further reveal that a few days after the police search, a friend of Bumpass' brother, Caleb Bumpass, told police he had seen Caleb scrubbing down his car -- something he found out of character because Caleb was a "trashy person." The friend also told police he had heard Jacob Bumpass ask to borrow his brother's vehicle and later noticed that red paint had been spilled inside the trunk, WCPO reported.

Investigators recently obtained records for Bumpass' cell phone, which show it had pinged several cell phone towers on the night Johnson went missing, WKRC in Cincinnati reported.

According to a former FBI agent who has worked on dozens of missing-person cases, cell phone pings cannot identify an "exact location," but they can "narrow it down" to about a one-mile radius.

"In essence, they can tell where you are within a triangle of towers that your cell phone hit," Harold Copus, now head of Copus Security Consultants in Atlanta, told AOL News. "But you have to keep in mind that even if you narrow it down to a mile, that is still a broad geographic area."

Bumpass' cell phone records show his phone was not in Covington, Ky., at the time he said he dropped off Johnson there and that it had pinged off a tower in nearby Florence.

Cell phone records further indicate that roughly 30 minutes later, at about 1:32 a.m., Bumpass' phone was in Wilder, Ky., and at 2:58 a.m., it pinged off another tower in Edgewood, Ky.

At about 4:13 a.m., Bumpass' phone pinged a tower in Batavia, Ohio, and then again, at 4:18 a.m., off another tower near Half Acre Road in Batavia. The last location is close to East Fork Lake, an Ohio State Park that is 25 miles east of Cincinnati.

As a result of Bumpass' cell phone records, authorities decided to center their search on East Fork State Park. According to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, it is one of Ohio's largest state parks, covering 4,870 acres. The park's terrain "includes both rugged hills and open meadows," according to the state agency's website.

Investigators started their search by clearing William H. Harsha Lake, a body of water inside the park that spans 2,160 acres and is more than 100 feet deep in some parts. That search turned up nothing.

On Wednesday, more than 100 searchers began a thorough exploration of the park. According to the Kentucky Post, 17 specially trained dog teams spread out in the area, as other searchers made their way through the woods on foot, ATVs and horseback. The search continued until today when police called it off, saying nothing had been found.

Officials with the Covington Police Department did not return calls for comment from AOL News today. Speaking with Cincinnati.com, Covington police Capt. Teal Nally said that practically the entire park was searched.

"It was a search that had to be done," Nally said. "We do not rule out anything, including searching there again."

Nally also told the website that investigators would now follow up on other leads, but he would not elaborate.

"This was the most visible part of the investigation just because of the sheer number of people involved, but we have continued to follow up on other leads that are part of this investigation," Nally said. "Not all of them have led us to that park."

Bumpass has not been named as a suspect in Johnson's disappearance. He remains behind bars in the Kenton County Jail for the parole violation.

Sponsored Links
"I honestly did not see him as the type to do anything to Paige," Haywood told WCPO last week. "We've all been friends for a long time, and from what I knew he was a good guy."

Bumpass' mother, Linda Bumpass, sent an e-mail today to WLWT News 5 saying there is "not one shred of evidence" implicating her son in Johnson's disappearance.

"I'm waiting on the investigation to run its course. I know they will find nothing because Jacob would never have harmed his friend, Paige. He takes up for complete strangers, and she is his friend," she wrote.

Regardless of what happened or who is responsible, Locatell says she just wants her friend back in her life.

"If I could say one thing to her, I wouldn't be able to speak. I would just cry and hold her," Locatell said. "Let this be a message to all families and friends across the nation -- it can happen to you. It can be your dad or your mom's best friend or even a guy you trust. This can happen, and we need to put an end to it."

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/friends-hold-out-hope-for-missing-kentucky-teen-paige-johnson/19683899
She was only 14 or 15 when she got pregnant. I smell a huge rat and his name is 'Bumpass'. What a last name!!!!

I think this beautiful girl is dead. And, that pic with her daughter is precious!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Missing teen ‘friends’ with jailed man/ Social networks reveal connection

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:36 am

Photobucket
Paige Johnson and Jacob Bumpass in a photo on Bumpass' MySpace page.(Courtesy of MySpace.)

Missing Florence teen Paige Johnson, 17, disappeared Sept. 23. She was last seen in Covington, Ky.

COVINGTON, Ky. - The last words that Paige Johnson’s big sister would read from the missing teen would be: “GIRL. I need To Talk To You IMMEDIATELY!”

To Brittany Haywood, that was just her sister being her sister. She said the Facebook message posted to her wall the night Johnson disappeared was something her sister would say casually like, “Hey, girl I need to talk…” That usually meant she had learned her boyfriend was cheating on her or she just was trying to find where big sis was.

Instead it would be the last word she would receive from her sister, who has been missing since Sept. 23, when she reported the teen missing to Covington Police.

The 20-year-old Haywood, who described her little sister as a sweet, outgoing girl, said the last time she spoke to Johnson on the phone was around midnight that night. She’s heard nothing since and that it isn’t like her sister not to call since they talk every day.

“Something is wrong, something is not right. Something is going on. Either she is hiding out somewhere or something happened,” Haywood said.

It was shortly after midnight on Sept. 23 – at 12:12 a.m. to be exact – when Johnson posted the message on her sister’s Facebook wall. That was the last time that the missing 17-year-old reached out to anyone on the social networking website.

About 45 minutes after her 12:12 a.m. posting, Jacob Thomas Bumpass, the Taylor Mill man currently being held in jail on a parole violation, told police he dropped Johnson off in Covington at 15th and Scott streets. Police said Bumpass told them that was at about 1 a.m. He was the last person to have seen her, according to court documents.

However, those same documents show that Bumpass' cell phone records show a different location at the time he said he was dropping Johnson off.

At approximately 1:03 a.m. Sept. 23, Bumpass' phone pinged on cell phone tower near Tanner's Lane in Florence, Ky., say court documents. According to Det. Bryan Frodge in an affidavit in support of a search warrant returned in the investigation, Johnson lived on Cantebury in Florence, which would be served by the tower on Tanner's Lane.

Cell phones ping off of cell phone towers as they constantly search for signal whether or not the phone is in use.
Facebook chatter reveals that the Bumpass, Johnson and Haywood had tentative plans to meet up on the evening of Sept. 22.

It also indicates that they had first planned to get together the night before.

On Sept. 21 Johnson chatted with Bumpass on Facebook. Just after 2 a.m. she posted on his wall to come and get her, her sister and her friend to “party ASAP!” He declined because, as he posted, he had a job interview the following morning and needed to get some sleep.

Haywood continued the chat, asking Bumpass if he was going to “chill with us tomorrow?” Bumpass’ post: “I’ll make an openin[g] for you!”

She did not “chill” with him the night Johnson disappeared, Haywood said.

Haywood said as far as she knew Johnson was hanging out with Bumpass on the evening of Sept. 22 and into the early-morning hours of Sept. 23 at his house. According to the affidavit for a search warrant, Bumpass, 22, gave Johnson alcohol that night.

Court documents said Bumpass’ phone next pinged at 1:32 a.m. on Sept. 23 near Wilder, Ky., which police say is near Bumpass’ residence on Decoursey Pike.

About an hour and a half later, it pinged at 2:58 a.m. off a tower near Dudley Pike in Edgewood, Ky. and at 4:13 a.m. off a tower near Filager Road in Batavia, Ohio.

At 4:18 a.m. Bumpass' phone pinged off a tower near Half-Acre Road in Batavia which is near the entrance to East Fork Lake, an Ohio State Park in Clermont County.

Later in the evening on Sept. 23, Bumpass posted to his Facebook two pleas to his ‘friends’ about Johnson’s disappearance.

“If anyone has seen Paige Johnson please let me kno[w] if you have seen her she is missing and if you look in my photos you will see what she looks like. Her friends and family really need to find her and no ones heard from her,” Bumpass’ post at 7:05 p.m. read.

“OK really if anyone has seen Paige Johnson please let me know because the cops are looking for her now. If anyone has any information on where she would be at message me,” Bumpass posted at 8:22 p.m.

Johnson and Bumpass also used the social networking site MySpace. There she and Bumpass shared an online friendship. Bumpass has photos posted on his page of the missing teenager posing with him, as well as with other friends.

Police say Johnson has been inactive online, including e-mail, Facebook and MySpace, since her disappearance. However, one website shows that someone has logged on to her page since her disappearance.

On MySpace, next to the profile photo is a timestamp that shows the last time a person logged into the MySpace page. On Johnson’s page, it reads that the last log on was Oct. 2.

Covington Police Capt. Teal Nally said that while the police are looking at Johnson’s social networks, like MySpace and Facebook, they are “reasonably sure that she did not log onto that page.” Anyone, family, friends, anyone who may have her password can log onto her page.

Still, Johnson’s inactivity on the Internet is a concern to police since she is normally active.

“We are investigating this like there could be foul play,” said Nally.

Family, friends and the community, however, hold out hope for her safe return. They are using Facebook to reach out to their friends for information. Facebook users are posting information, photos and flyers to their pages about Johnson’s disappearance, including well wishes, warm thoughts and pleas to Johnson to come home, all on a group page dedicated to her disappearance called, “Keep Paige Johnson In Our Prayers. We Will Find Her <3”.

Bumpass has been inactive on his Facebook and MySpace pages since he was taken into custody on Oct. 4 on a parole violation for having alcohol in his home. He is on parole for a theft conviction. Bumpass has not been charged with any crime in connection with Johnson's disappearance. He's being held at the Kenton County Jail.

Anyone with information should contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST ) or call the Covington Police Department at (859) 292-2222.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpps/news/local_news/missing-teen-%E2%80%98friends%E2%80%99-with-jailed-man_5246784

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:45 pm

Missing teen had tough life

By Jim Hannah • jhannah@nky.com • October 25, 201

COVINGTON - When Paige Johnson went missing Sept. 23, Lisa Little wondered if the 17-year-old Florence girl may be in trouble.

The 37-year-old Little didn't want Paige to think she couldn't reach out for help because of past differences. Little once banned her own teenage daughter from hanging out with Paige because she was a "trouble maker."

Little created the "Paige You Are Safe Here" page on Facebook to reach out to the missing teen. Paige regularly used the social networking site to communicate with friends and family.

One month later, Paige still hasn't been heard from and the Facebook page has morphed into an exchange for more than 15,000 people seeking information on the teen's disappearance and remembrances of her.

Whether Paige will ever make it to a safe place, or see what her friends and others concerned about her say is very much in doubt, investigators say.

Investigators with cadaver dogs spent two days last week searching the 10,000-acre East Fork State Park in Clermont County but found no signs of a dumped body. The search concentrated on the park because Jacob Bumpass - who police said was the last person known to have seen Paige - sent a text message from the area about 4:18 a.m. on Sept. 23.

Friends and family describe Paige as a social butterfly who was always trying to lift other people's spirits despite being raised in an unstable family situation. Her father is a convicted felon, she dropped out of high school after giving birth at 15, and has no job.

Paige's 37-year-old mother, who has a minor criminal record herself, is now raising four additional children, including her own 2½-month-old, in a motel room in Florence.

Despite her lack of advantages growing up, Paige "was never the type of person who sat down and complained and whined about everything going on in her life," said Little's daughter, 19-year-old Paige Hanna. "She tried her best not to let anything get her down."

It was a combination of streetwise hardness and Paige's need for attention that often got the teen in trouble, friends said.

Bumpass, a 22-year-old convicted felon from Taylor Mill, admitted to Paige's mother that he gave alcohol to the girl in the hours before she disappeared. Another friend, who has since completed substance-abuse rehabilitation, recalls smoking marijuana with Paige.

Abby Schmitz, 17, of Edgewood, recalls being told to stay away from Paige because she was "nothing but trouble" when she moved into the same neighborhood five years ago.

Abby didn't listen and said she soon saw another side of Paige.

"She had so much personality," Abby said. "She was always happy. She wouldn't let anything get her down. If I was sad, she would do anything she could to cheer me up."

They became loyal friends, but the spontaneity of Paige's personality also got the pair in trouble.

"She kind of looked for trouble back then," Abby said. "She used to hang out with all the wrong people. ... She used to be the party girl. Me and her both were."

Abby said that changed when Paige had a child.

"Her role at being in the spotlight just slowed down a lot," Abby said.

Paige slept at Abby's house for three nights before she disappeared and didn't mention anything about planning to run away.

"I want her to be alive so bad," Abby said, "but it isn't looking good."

Little said Paige had no responsibilities that would cause her to want to flee. Paige's daughter, Makenzie, who is now 2, is being raised by her father and his family.

"She didn't have a reason because her responsibility with Makenzie was taken care of," Little said. "She was allowed to be a 17-year-old girl."

Paige's mother, Donna Johnson, 37, of Florence said her daughter was maturing. A week before her disappearance, Paige had picked up applications at Gateway Community and Technical College. She wanted to continue her education after dropping out of Simon Kenton High School soon after having her child.

She had also put in a series of job applications.

"Why would she try to find a job and go to school if she was planning to run off?" Johnson said.

Ronnie Rider, Paige's on and off boyfriend for four years but not the father of her child, said the couple was planning to move into an apartment together.

Rider, 20, said he saved $1,400 working for a temporary service to get an apartment the pair could share.

He said he is still in love with the "popular girl" he met in 2006 at Ollie's Skatepark in Florence.

"I just want everyone to know that she is a very good girl," Rider said. "She is very respectful. I had a lot of love for that girl. I just want her to come home."

Detectives have questioned Rider, a convicted burglar, about his relationship with Paige. He said he cooperated fully except for taking a lie detector test.

"My attorney advised me against that," Rider said.

He said he wasn't fleeing the area when he traveled to Minnesota one or two weeks after Paige's disappearance. Rider, who remained there Friday, said he traveled north to help an uncle rehab recreational vehicles.

Rider, a mechanic by trade, said the move took the pain of Paige's disappearance away by keeping his mind focused on work.

"That is how I've been coping," he said.

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20101025/NEWS0103/10230351/
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:02 pm

"She didn't have a reason because her responsibility with McKenzie was taken care of," Little said. "She was allowed to be a 17-year-old girl."
Wow. She was very lucky her daughter had loving grand parents that wanted to raise her little girl. She was way to young to be a Mom. It is really tough to be a 17 yr old Mom. I am worried about Paige. Anyone hear anything about Mackenzie Father? Could he be a suspect in her disappearance as well has her boyfriend?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Mom: Son 'Would Never Have Harmed' Missing Teen

Post by Nama Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:27 am

A search for a missing northern Kentucky teenager at a Clermont County park wrapped up Thursday as the mother of a man questioned in the teen's disappearance spoke out.
Crews were back at East Fork Lake State Park at 8 a.m. Thursday morning to look for any sign of Paige Johnson. More than 100 searchers combed the north side of the park along East Fork Lake on Wednesday.
Searchers left Thursday afternoon, saying they had covered the target area without finding anything. Authorities said searchers would return if new leads or tips point toward the park again.
The 17-year-old mother was last seen Sept. 23 in Covington. Jacob Bumpass, 23, said he dropped her off on 15th Street.
But police said Bumpass' cell phone pinged a tower near the park a few hours after he said he dropped Johnson off in NKY. Bumpass has not been willing to talk with investigators since his arrest on a parole violation, police said.
On Thursday, Bumpass' mother said she knows her son did not harm Johnson.
In an e-mail to News 5, Linda Bumpass wrote, "I do suggest that when the investigation is complete and there is not one shred of evidence against Jake that you follow with his real story. Don’t just base the story on a mother’s opinion, but on that of his friends."
Bumpass said her son has gotten into fights over women, but because he was defending them, not attacking them.
"(He) has hauled a man in McDonald’s drive through from his car and tossed him on the pavement for punching his girlfriend in the face," she wrote.
Bumpass said that blood stains that police said they found in a sink at her son's apartment were actually Kool-aid stains caused by one of the children her son babysits.
"I’m waiting on the investigation to run its course. I know they will find nothing because Jacob would never have harmed his friend, Paige. He takes up for complete strangers, and she is his friend," she wrote.
A $1,000 reward has been offered for information leading to Paige Johnson.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/25462553/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:42 am

Man last seen with Paige Johnson being held on probation violation

Posted: 10/15/2010

* By: Shannon Kettler By: Shannon Kettler
* By: Adam Marshall

COVINGTON, Ky. - Court records are revealing new details into the disappearance of Florence teenager Paige Johnson and the man last seen with her.

Search warrants filed by Covington police state 22-year-old Jacob Thomas Bumpass of Taylor Mill, Ky., was last seen with 17-year-old Johnson on the evening of Sept. 22 and that Bumpass had given her alcohol.

Bumpass is a parolee for a theft conviction.

"I honestly did not see him as the type to do anything to Paige. We've all been friends for a long time and from what I knew he was a good guy," said Brittany Haywood, Paige Johnson's Sister.

Paige was supposed to be dropped off at Brittany's house around 1 a.m. The teen, who is a mother to a two year old daughter, sent her sister a cryptic message on facebook a half hour before.

"She facebooked me and said, 'Girl, I need to talk to you immediately.'

When his parole officer attempted to contact him on Oct. 4, court records state Bumpass "attempted to flee the residence upon officers and Covington Police Detective Bryan Frodge announcing their presence."

Bumpass was taken into custody and is being held on a parole violation for having alcohol at his home.

According to court documents, a search of Bumpass' home on Decoursey Pike found dried blood in the kitchen sink.

The affidavit states that while in the kitchen Frodge observed in the sink a substance resembling dried blood and two latex gloves with "one of the gloves having a small drop of the same red substance which to the detective resembled dried blood."

Police said Bumpass told them he dropped the 17-year-old off at 15th and Scott streets in Covington.

However, court documents state Bumpass' cell phone records show he was never in that area.

"What the records show are that approximately 1:03 a.m. on Sept. 23, Bumpass' phone pinged on cell phone tower near Tanner's Lane in Florence. Det. Frodge learned that Johnson lived on Cantebury in Florence which would be the tower location at Tanner's Lane."

The next record, according to court documents, shows a location near Wilder which at 1:32 a.m. which police believe is near Bumpass' residence on Decoursey Pike.

Court records indicate that Bumpass' phone pings off a tower near Dudley Pike, in Edgewood at 2:58 a.m., then off a tower near Filager Road in Batavia at 4:13 a.m.

Bumpass' phone pings off a tower near Half Acre Road in Batavia at 4:18 a.m. The location is near the entrance to East Fork Lake, an Ohio State Park in Clermont County.

On Oct. 8, detectives interviewed a roommate of Bumpass' brother, Caleb.

According to court documents, the roommate told police Caleb Bumpass had extensively cleaned his car two to three days after Johnson went missing. The roommate said that he found it odd because Caleb was "a trashy person" and he had never known him to clean his car.

The roommate told police he had heard Jacob asked to borrow the vehicle, according to the affidavit. After the car was cleaned, he saw spilled red paint in the trunk area.

Jacob has not been charged with any crime in connection with Johnson's disappearance. He's being held at the Kenton County Jail on a parole violation from a theft charge.

Haywood is pleading for anyone with information to call.

"If anybody knows where my sister is at please contact us, the cops and let us know," said Haywood. "Bumpass if you know something then you need to come clean because this is tearing all of us up."

Friends and family of Johnson gathered at Paint Yourself Silly in Latonia Friday night.

Owner Lisa Little says it’s is a time for those who know Johnson best to come together and brainstorm about what the next step should be.

"We started on facebook, there's over 3,000 people on it. Also this is huge and I just wish that everybody would share their ideas. Not what they think happened but where she might be," Little said.

Anyone with information should contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST ) or call the Covington Police Department at (859) 292-2222.

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/region_northern_kentucky/covington/man-last-seen-with-paige-johnson-being-held-on-probation-violation_5243049
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:59 am

Missing girl’s best friend: ‘Sunshine ripped out of my life’
Greer Locatell wants her friend to come home

Missing Florence teen Paige Johnson, 17, disappeared Sept. 23. She was last seen in Covington, Ky.

COVINGTON, Ky. - With Paige Johnson’s disappearance a sense of urgency and sadness comes over those closest to her, especially for a girl who looks at her like a little sister lost.

If Greer Locatell could be doing anything with her best friend, she said she and Paige would be sitting around laughing right now, having a good time like they always did.

Locatell said that since the girl who was always positive and always smiling has gone missing, “the sunshine has pretty much been ripped out of my life.”

“She was like my baby sister,” said the University of Cincinnati student who met Johnson when she was 12 years old.

Johnson, now 17, has been missing since the early morning hours of Sept. 23. Police, family and friends have searched for her and for any clues about her disappearance since then.

Locatell, a 2010 Scott High School graduate, said that she met the missing teen through her friendship with the father of Johnson’s 2-year-old daughter. She said Johnson had plans for her life -- plans that included her daughter and a future for them both.

Johnson would do anything for her daughter, said Locatell, whose home is in Taylor Mill, Ky.

“They are so much alike, always full of life.”

She was a good mother and was going to enroll in Gateway Community and Technical College, Locatell said. She was dedicated to making her life as wonderful as she could.

“Paige was getting ready to start a life with Ronnie,” her boyfriend of a few years, she said.

She said Johnson was a positive person, always smiling, laughing and ready for a good time, always enjoying life. Locatell said she has always worried about her like she was her own sister.

Johnson, who lives in Florence with her mother Donna Johnson, has been missing since Sept. 23.

Her friend grieves but is positive for her safe return.

“It’s hard, but she has angels watching over her,” said Locatell.

According to police, a male acquaintance said that he dropped Johnson off at 15th and Scott streets in Covington, Ky. near a friend's house at about 1 a.m. that morning. But she did not make it to the friend’s house.

Paige’s mother filed a missing-person report later that evening when her daughter did return home.

Covington Police Capt. Teal Nally, said that the police have conducted several searches of properties and residences since the investigation began. However, based on those searches, they can not confirm whether or not a crime has been committed.

Crime or not, Paige’s friends are diligent in their hopes of her safe and speedy return. Locatell started the Facebook page “Keep Paige Johnson In Our Prayers. We Will Find Her <3”. Friends and family are posting photos of Paige and leaving messages to her and about her, asking and hoping for her to come home safely.

“People keep saying it’s not the same without her, and it’s true because she brings the best out in anyone she meets,” said Locatell.

The 19-year-old, who has put up flyers all over, knocked on doors, received tips about Paige’s whereabouts and prayed for her safe return, said she would tell her friend to come because she is needed back home.

“I would tell her she needs to come home, not only because her daughter needs her mother, but we all need her. I would tell her how sorry I am for not being there every single day like I should have. I would tell her how much I love her. I would tell her I would give her the world just to have her come home.”

And it’s her mission to find her. That’s how she will get through this, she said.

Paige is 5'1" tall, 110 lbs., with light brown hair with highlights and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a multi-colored jacket and blue jeans. She has pierced ears, tongue and navel.

Anyone with information should contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST) or call the Covington Police Department at (859) 292-2222.

Greer Locatell, Paige’s best friend, posted a poem on the “Keep Paige Johnson In Our Prayers. We Will Find Her <3” Facebook page:

Searching the streets late at night
People talking gave our hearts hope she's all right.
Have you seen her she's missing and she's only 17
Yeah man, up at marathon and I heard she ain’t been clean.
This is just a f---- nightmare, this shit ain’t true
...All the shit their saying it just ain’t you.
God Mackenzie needs her mother
have you seen the way she looks at mommy?
In her eyes she can’t replaced by no other.
I know she’s out there, I can feel it in the air
This cant happen to a fighter. Unless her fight wasn’t fair.
Have you seen an angel Born into a world of hate
Paige Johnson is our angel and this isn’t her fate.
Please God, send her home. Tell her she's not alone
Whatever that is broken we will fix it
To keep this family together and not split.
...Donna wants her baby back
without her sister Britt finally has cracked.
No matter how hard it gets, we won’t stop.
No were not okay, were not fine
But whoever did this wont have a lifeline
It wont be dark when we find

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/news/local_news/missing-girl%E2%80%99s-best-friend%3A-%E2%80%98sunshine-ripped-out-of-my-life%E2%80%99
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty JACOB THOMAS BUMPASS

Post by Nama Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter JT445821
JACOB THOMAS BUMPASS
Current Age: 22
Weight: 270 Height: 6' 4''
Eye Color: BRO Hair Color: BRO
Sex: M Race: I
Address: LATONIA, KY
Arrest Date: 10/4/2010
Arresting Officer: KUEHNE Badge #: 596
Arresting Agency: PROBATION AND PAROLE
Booked Date: 10/4/2010 16:16

Charges
PAROLE VIOLATION

http://www.jailtracker.com/kncdc/kenton_inmatelist.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Facebook

Post by Nama Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Jacob Bumpass

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter 48905_100000205477221_6106_n
Bio You will probably never meet a more chill dude than me for sure. Takin life one step at a time and lovin every minute of it. My friends and family are my life and I take care of my own but i'm always down to meet new and interesting people so don't worry about hittin me up. I don't talk shit I don't fight and I don't party as much as I used to but I've done my share of all of it. You name it i've probably done it and i've visited pretty much all of the United States travelling with my family. I survived cancer back in 2005 and it did cost me a lot and i'm still dealing with it but it is one of the many stepping stones i've had to cross. If you want to chill sometime just leave me a message or add me.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000205477221&v=wall
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Video showing kool-aid/blood

Post by Nama Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:14 pm

http://www.wlwt.com/news/25462553/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Roll your own

Post by Nama Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:15 pm

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter L_8583bdeefe0db4946daeebe02483ef07

NANCY GRACE: Roll it back, Liz. Roll it back. Do I see Jacob Bumpass taking a photograph of himself smoking a joint in his car? Roll it back!

Last edited by BJ in OR on Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Paige You Are Safe Here/ Facebook

Post by Nama Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:21 pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paige-You-Are-Safe-Here/159025927454965
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Jacob Bumpass Myspace/Warning: Fooul Language and Content!!!

Post by Nama Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:29 pm

Fresh Ta Def
Jacob Bumpass
ARE u down?
Male
22 years old
Don't worry about it, Kentucky
United States
Last Login: 10/3/2010

http://www.myspace.com/jakebumpass

WARNING: Foul Language

Fresh Ta Def's Blurbs
About me:
Wat up wit ya this ya boy J to tha Bump to the Ass! From NKY just here ta kick it....Fresh out tha pen an Fresh to death so if ya wanna know more jus get at me. U know tha drill mutha fucka! An if ya don't then f**k it swallow ma bullets. .. ..
Myspace Layouts
..I edited my profile at Freeweblayouts.net, check out these Myspace Layouts!

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/jakebumpass#ixzz14447N4BO

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added content from Bumpasses "My Space" WOW!!!)
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Last person to see Paige to be released

Post by Nama Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:20 am

The convicted felon last seen with missing 17-year-old Paige Johnson is set to be released from the Kenton County jail without any new charges filed against him.
Unless Covington police come up with some evidence that links 22-year-old Jacob Bumpass to some crime, state probation and parole documents reveal that his sanction for violating his parole on theft charges will be to complete a residential drug rehabilitation program.

Bumpass will remain locked up until a bed opens at a Newport halfway house that offers drug treatment, probation and parole district supervisor Christie Feldman wrote in a letter to The Enquirer. Officials said they didn't know how soon that would be.

Covington police have avoided calling Bumpass a suspect, or even a person of interest, despite the fact that they have searched his Taylor Mill apartment, searched his family's cars and subpoenaed his mobile phone records.

The phone records led to several searches this month of the 10,000-acre East Fork State Park in Clermont County for the missing girl, but investigators didn't find anything. The search concentrated on the park because a text message from Bumpass' phone was sent from the area about 4:18 a.m. on Sept. 23 - the morning Paige disappeared from Northern Kentucky.

"He is the person who saw her last," said Lt. Col. Spike Jones of Covington police. "We feel as if he has information that may assist us in locating her.

"We didn't call him a suspect. We haven't named him as a suspect, but for whatever reason, Mr. Bumpass has chosen to remain silent."

Jones said Bumpass, who survived Hodgkin's disease as a teen, has hired a lawyer and refused to cooperate with the investigation.

Paige's disappearance has been featured multiple times on the cable show "Nancy Grace," more than a thousand missing posters cover telephone poles across the region and a Facebook page created to publicize the disappearance had 18,800 members as of Friday.

When people saw investigators do the large-scale search Oct. 21 and 22 at East Fork State Park, Jones said they incorrectly assumed it was the "final chapter in what police were going to do."

He said that was just the most visible piece of the ongoing investigation.

When asked if there were new or promising leads, Jones said the investigation wasn't as "cold" as it may appear.

"We are receiving some decent information from some folks," Jones said. "We are just trying to connect the dots right now."

Bumpass agreed to the sanctions after he was arrested Oct. 4 on a charge that he violated his parole. It was his first violation since being paroled in August 2009 after serving two years, nine months and 19 days of an eight-year sentence on two counts of theft by unlawful taking in Kenton and Boone counties.

The parole violations were for possession of deadly weapons, drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana and lying to his parole officer about where he worked.

The deadly weapons were American Indian tomahawks and arrows that Bumpass displayed in his apartment, according to the parole sanctions. Bumpass lists his ethnicity on state correction department records as American Indian of Alaskan descent.

The parole documents state that Bumpass admitted that he was addicted to illegal drugs and had asked for help. A drug test given when he was arrested came back positive for marijuana. There were also full and empty beer cans and liquor bottles at his apartment.

Bumpass told his parole officers that he had worked 32 hours at a Subway but he actually hadn't been employed at the restaurant for at least a week. Bumpass wrote on his Facebook page that he had been hired at the Gap but had yet started his new job when he was arrested.

Anyone with information about Paige's disappearance is asked to call Covington police at 859-292-2222.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101030/NEWS0103/10310327/Last-to-see-Paige-to-be-released
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:55 am

Why are so many Men getting away with being the last person to see a missing Woman? Our legal system really sucks. He should be locked up until he talks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:21 pm

BJ in OR wrote:Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter L_8583bdeefe0db4946daeebe02483ef07

NANCY GRACE: Roll it back, Liz. Roll it back. Do I see Jacob Bumpass taking a photograph of himself smoking a joint in his car? Roll it back!
:lol!: "Puff, puff pass, Liz. Liz, don't bogart that joint!!!" Sarcasm duct and run
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Would you even buy a pair of chinos at the Gap from this man?
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Police cannot keep Bumpass in jail without revoking his parole, and he has been offered a slot in a substance abuse rehabilitation program in Newport.
He would stay 30 days in a halfway house and then be granted work release, police said.
Bumpass must remain in the Kenton County Jail until a bed opens up at the halfway house, but police said they have no timeline for that.
Police are continuing to investigate the teen's disappearance, but they said they had not found evidence that any crime has been committed and no one has been charged.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/25597718/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:48 pm

I know exactly how this will go. Bumpass w/finally get into the halfway house. He will do his time there, get out and be back on pot and God only knows what else as soon as you can say lickety split.

Paige will not be found for awhile, and when this case has turned cold..someone will find what is left of her body. We will never know the cause of death or who killed her, and Bumpass will end up back in the slammer for drugs and violating his parole (again!) Not rocket science here.

This is MOO!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:28 am

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20101110/NEWS010703/311100033/

Officials want to revoke Bumpass' parole

By Jim Hannah • jhannah@nky.com • November 10, 2010

COVINGTON - State probation and parole officials have reversed their decision to send Jacob Bumpass to drug treatment for violating his parole.

They want Bumpass – the last person to be seen with 17-year-old Paige Johnson of Florence – sent back to prison to serve out his term on two theft convictions. The issue will be heard by an administrative law judge Nov. 17 in Covington.

Bumpass, 22, of Taylor Mill was paroled in August 2009 after serving two years, nine months and 19 days of an eight-year sentence on two counts of theft by unlawful taking in Kenton and Boone counties.

He was picked up on parole violations Oct. 4 when Covington police detectives tried to question him about the disappearance of Paige, the mother of a 2-year-old girl.

• Search for teen goes online

Kenton Commonwealth’s Attorney Rob Sanders said he couldn’t speak for the parole officers but assumed the change in their position was the result of new information received from detectives trying to find Paige.

Sanders said the new information involves Bumpass leaving Kentucky without permission, his lack of candor with law enforcement and “conduct with an underage girl.”

A text message was sent from Bumpass’ phone at 4:18 a.m. Sept. 23 from Ohio’s East Fork State Park in Clermont County. The 10,000-acre park was searched last month because the text message was sent the same morning Paige disappeared but investigators said they found no clues to what happened.

While investigators have refused to call Bumpass a suspect, or even a person of interest, they say he hasn’t cooperated in the search for Paige. A detective wrote in an affidavit for a search warrant issued in the case that “investigators found Mr. Bumpass’ limited statements to be untrue or unverifiable.”

Paige’s mother, Donna Johnson, said she confronted Bumpass after her daughter’s disappearance and he admitted to giving her underage daughter alcohol in the hours leading up to her disappearance. Both empty and full beer cans and liquor bottles were found in Bumpass’ bedroom and garbage, according to parole documents.

When Bumpass was first arrested, he was cited for possession of deadly weapons, drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana and lying to his parole officer about where he worked.

The deadly weapons were American Indian tomahawks and arrows that Bumpass displayed in his apartment, according to parole documents. Bumpass’ mother, Linda Bumpass, said her son is an American Indian, of the plains tribes of Oklahoma.

The parole documents also state that Bumpass admitted that he was addicted to illegal drugs and had asked for treatment. A drug test given when he was arrested came back positive for marijuana.

Bumpass told his parole officers that he had worked 32 hours at a Subway but he actually hadn’t been employed at the restaurant for at least a week. He posted on his Facebook page that he had been hired at the Gap but had not yet started.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:26 pm

A judge found probable cause to hold Jacob Bumpass in jail on possible parole violations.
Bumpass was the last person to see Paige Johnson before she disappeared in late September. He has not been charged in her disappearance and police have not named him as a person of interest.
A hearing was held Wednesday morning to decide whether there was probable cause to hold Bumpass on parole violations tied to his arrest on unrelated charges.
The judge ruled that there was probable cause to believe that Bumpass violated three terms of his parole: use of marijuana, use of alcohol and possession of alcohol.
A two-person panel will hear the case in two to four weeks to determine whether Bumpass' parole will be revoked, which would allow authorities to keep him in jail.
Johnson's mother and cousin testified during Wednesday's hearing, in addition to Covington police's lead investigator who is looking into Johnson's disappearance.
Police have said that Bumpass has not been cooperating with investigators in the search for Johnson.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/25827572/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Bumpass could be headed back to prison

Post by Nama Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Bilde-4

Jacob Bumpass could be headed back to prison after an administrative law judge found probable cause Wednesday that he violated his parole.

Bumpass was the last person to be seen with 17-year-old Paige Johnson, who has been missing nearly two months. He has been held in the Kenton County jail since Oct. 4 when he was arrested on the parole violation.

At Wednesday’s preliminary parole revocation hearing, Johnson’s mother trembled and wiped tears as she told the judge she confronted Bumpass a few days after her daughter’s disappearance. Bumpass admitted that he and Johnson drank a few beers the day the teen disappeared, she said.

Having beer would be a violation of Bumpass’ parole.

As she left the small courtroom inside the jail, Donna Johnson tried to confront Bumpass again.

“I want him to tell me where she’s at,” she cried repeatedly as she was led from the room.

Bumpass did not react.

Police have not said Bumpass is a suspect in the case, or even a person of interest, but they say he has not cooperated with investigators. He did not testify Wednesday.

Bumpass, 22, has been out of prison on parole since August 2009 after he served two years, nine months and 19 days of an eight-year sentence on two counts of theft in Kenton and Boone counties, according to the Kentucky Department of Corrections.

Probation and parole officers allege that Bumpass violated his parole seven ways around the time of Johnson’s disappearance.

After the more than hourlong hearing, Administration Law Judge Nancy Barber found probable cause for three of the violations – using marijuana, using alcohol and possessing alcohol.

Barber said she would defer judgment on the additional charges – having a tomahawk and arrows, leaving the state without permission, lying about a job and possessing Percocet – until she has time to review Wednesday’s testimony.

Most of the alleged violations were uncovered as Covington Police investigated Johnnson’s disappearance. She was last seen on Sept. 22, when Bumpass picked her up at the home she shared with her mother in Florence.

Covington Police Detective Bryan Frodge testified that police interviewed three of Bumpass’ friends, who said they went to Bumpass’ Taylor Mill home early Sept. 23 to buy marijuana and saw crushed-up pills inside the house.

Later that day, one of the friends sent Bumpass a text message asking, “Can I get any Percs from you?” Frodge said.

Frodge said that Bumpass’ cell phone records show that he left the state early Sept. 23. Bumpass’s cell phone “pinged” off towers near East Fork State Park in Clermont County, Ohio, and New Richmond, Ohio, he said.

Bumpass’ attorney, Bob Lotz, told the judge that just because his cell phone “pinged” off the towers doesn’t mean that Bumpass left the state. Lotz said police do not have any witnesses who saw Bumpass in Ohio.

In addition to Donna Johnson, Paige’s cousin, Andrea Stetter, also testified that Bumpass said he gave Paige beer, then dropped her off near the area of 15th and Scott streets in Covington.

Two parole officers said they found empty beer cans and liquor bottles at Bumpass’s home. A tomahawk and two arrows also were found at the house. The items were first found Oct. 1 and Bumpass was arrested three days later.

After his arrest, Bumpass tested positive for marijuana use, said Parole Officer Leslie Haun. Bumpass is also accused of falsifying a parole report he filed on Sept. 30. Bumpass reported he worked 32 hours at Subway that week, but in fact he had not worked since Sept. 15.

Parole officers initially agreed to send Bumpass to an inpatient drug treatment program for the violations, but revoked that agreement after the program refused to accept Bumpass, Barber said.

Lotz argued that the state should abide by the agreement and find another drug treatment program for Bumpass.

“Just because there has been interference by the press or other people shouldn’t affect this person’s parole,” Lotz said.

Before the hearing Lotz also objected to the proceedings being open to the public. However, Barber said that under state law, parole revocation hearings are public.

Bumpass will remain in the jail while awaiting a final hearing. That hearing, which will be held in two to four weeks, will be before two members of the Kentucky Parole Board. If both members agree, Bumpass’ parole could be revoked. If the two members cannot agree, the case will go before the full nine-member board.

If his parole is revoked, Bumpass would have at least a year remaining on his sentence.

Detectives continue to investigate Bumpass’ contact with Paige in the days before her disappearance. Investigators have obtained search warrants for their MySpace and Facebook accounts, including their private messages.

Anyone with knowledge of Johnson’s whereabouts is asked to call Covington Police at 859-292-2222.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20101117/NEWS010704/311170055/Bumpass-headed-back-to-prison-
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:10 am

Percs being Percocet. A very strong pain pill. I think this
Bumpass got her drunk and messed up on pot and pills, raped and killed her. I also think she will eventually be found. I feel sorry for her little girl....she won't remember her mother. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's

Post by Nama Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:45 pm

Covington Police have received some long-awaited lab results in the case of a missing 17-year-old. Blood recovered from a car, searched last month, was sent to the Kentucky State Crime Lab. Police believe it was the car Paige Johnson was last seen in the night she disappeared.

Local 12's Joe Webb has been following the story.

This is not good news for investigators. Commonwealth's Attorney Rob Sanders says the blood recovered by Covington Police is not Paige Johnson's. It was recovered from a 1999 Mazda belonging to Caleb Bumpass, the brother of Jacob Bumpass, the last person known to be with Paige Johnson on September 23rd. Police think Jacob Bumpass may have borrowed his brother's car that night. Caleb Bumpass is not linked to Paige Johnson. Last month, police searched both men's cars and Jacob Bumpass's home. Today, they released what they found.

On October 4th, police searched Jacob Bumpass's home on Decoursey Pike. Now, we know they recovered some white panties, yellow gloves from the kitchen and some red paint. From the 1999 Mazda, they seized a section of the passenger seat.

Rob Sanders, Kenton Co. Commonwealth's Attorney: "Very small amount of blood in the passenger compartment and it was sent off to the lab for DNA comparison to Paige Johnson's blood. And it was found to be female blood, but it was not DNA that matched Paige Johnson."

The blood would have been the first physical evidence linking Paige Johnson with anyone. Jacob Bumpass is being held on parole violations. That could keep him in jail for more than a year. He's not talking, but there's still nothing linking him directly to the missing girl. The lab results clarify nothing except there are few leads in the case.

"It's good news, bad news. The bad news is we don't have the major breakthrough in the case we were looking for. At the same time, the good news is there's still a possibility Paige Johnson is alive and well."

Johnson's sister says the lab results only cloud the picture further.

Brittany Haywood, Paigne Johnson's Sister: "That confuses me. It makes me happy though that I just hope that something didn't happen and that they're not finding evidence."

"We're confused. We can't imagine Paige being gone this long with not contacting us. It does not make sense at all."

The prosecutor says police are still working leads, but at this point you would have to classify their efforts as long shots.

Paige Johnson has been missing two months and a day. Police have also recovered cell phone records and files from myspace and facebook. They have not said if that has developed any new leads.

http://www.local12.com/content/breaking_news/story/Blood-Found-In-Car-NOT-Paige-Johnsons/PhNp1a1Q5kGuCsC5ov6rjg.cspx
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter/ Images Intended To Show How Daughter Lived

Post by Nama Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:08 am

The mother of a missing Florence teen is sharing some never-before-seen photos of her daughter as she questions some of those trying to help in the search.
Donna Johnson said she has 544 photos on her computer of her daughter, Paige Johnson, who disappeared Sept. 23 after a friend said he dropped her off in Covington.
Police said that friend, Jacob Bumpass, has provided misleading or false statements to them, and he is being held on an unrelated parole violation.
Johnson is using the photos to create a video story about 17-year-old Paige that she plans to post online, including WLWT.com, next week.
"I just want everyone to see her life, what it was about, how she grew up, and a picture says a thousand words," Johnson said.
The pictures cover her life from an ultrasound taken while Paige was still in the womb through holidays and everyday events leading up to the days before she disappeared.
The case has triggered enormous public attention, including Facebook groups and other web pages devoted to the search for the missing mother of a 2-year-old daughter.
"It makes me feel better to know so many people care about Paige who don't even know her, but on the other hand you have people who are exploiting her," Johnson said.
Some of the websites have undertaken efforts to pay for psychics or other projects intended to help find Paige, but none of these sites or campaigns has been endorsed by her family.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/25897944/detail.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:01 pm

JVM was saying this makes two cases now because Paige is missing and blood was found in Bumpass's possessions that does not belong to Paige.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Former Victim Says Jacob Bumpass Is Violent

Post by Nama Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:48 pm

Since this article was published Bumpass has been thrown back in jail for parole violation.

The last man seen with a missing Northern Kentucky teenager has a record of violence and the move is on to keep him locked up. Jacob Bumpass has not been charged with anything related to the disappearance of Paige Johnson. He's only locked up for a parole violation. Now, a victim from an earlier crime has stepped forward to talk.

He spoke with Local 12's Joe Webb.

Jacob Bumpass was paroled for two theft charges he pled guilty to in 2008. He was locked up for violating his parole when police arrived to question him about Paige Johnson and found weapons and evidence that he'd been drinking... both parole violations. Next week, the legal process begins to revoke Bumpass's parole. One of his victims says he can be dangerous and at times violent and doesn't want him out.

"He told me he had a knife."

Tyler Lewin thought he and Jacob Bumpass were friends, until a night in December 2007 when he says Bumpass blindsided him and took his money. Police say it all took place at Oakbrook Road and Sycamore Hill in Florence. Bumpass was arrested that night and charged with robbery.

According to Erlanger Police, three days earlier, Bumpass robbed this Ameristop, breaking the ankle of an elderly clerk in the process. He was charged with robbery, again. He pled guilty to lesser theft charges in both cases and was sentenced to a total of 8 years in jail. He was paroled, but locked back up last month.

Rob Sanders, Kenton County Commonwealth's Attorney: "He's still being held on a pending parole violation and the probation and parole department is seeking revocation of his parole. Assuming that his parole is revoked, the earliest he could get out... good time and so forth... assuming he behaves himself behind bars, would be some time late next year."

The police investigation into Paige Johnson's disappearance has been shaped by Bumpass' initial statement and cell phone records. Those led police to search East Fork State Park two weeks ago. If Bumpass did indeed travel there the night Johnson went missing, that would be another possible parole violation.

Tyler Lewin says the whole scenario has him puzzled, but he's clear on one thing... he feels Jacob Bumpass can be trouble.

Tyler Lewin, Crime Victim: "Yea, I think there's something there that definitely needs to be worried about... for sure. His criminal record does tell it all, honestly. Yea, I think he can be violent."

Jacob Bumpass is scheduled for an administrative hearing on his parole violation next week. His attorney could waive that hearing and send the cases directly to the Kentucky Parole Board. It's likely they will make a decision, one way or the other, before the end of the year.

Jacob Bumpass has not been charged with anything related to the disappearance of Paige Johnson. He told Covington Police that he dropped her off at 15th and Scott in Covington the night she was last seen. Bumpass is no longer talking to police.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Former-Victim-Says-Jacob-Bumpass-Is-Violent/MHXbuawtGkWn1e416ToHDA.cspx
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:24 am

Tonight on JVM, Page's sister was a guest and she said she thinks Bumpass had *everything* to do with her sister's disappearance.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 am

Her sister is most likely correct. Seems it's always the boyfriend and Bumpass seems to have a very troubled past. What do these girls see in these men idiots? Too bad his family didn't warn Paige to stay away from him.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:02 am

Actually, the sister said that Paige had a boyfriend and it wasn't Bumpass. She said they were just good friends. 🇳🇴
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:17 am

Here are the transcripts from JVM:

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, a breaking news: stunning new clues in the mysterious disappearance of beautiful 17-year-old Paige Johnson. The teenage mom who has a 2-year-old daughter has been missing for more than a month now.

Could a violent -- and I mean violent -- ex-con who Paige thought was a friend know what happened to this bubbly yet somewhat troubled teenager? Very pretty young girl. Do drops of what seemed to be dried blood found in his kitchen and car, 22-year-old Jacob Bumpus -- this guy right here -- was the last person seen with Paige. But detectives say he flat-out refuses to cooperate in the investigation. Why?

Phone records show these two talked all the time, but on the day Paige was reported missing, all contact came to a screeching halt. Cops searched this guy`s apartment. They found a pair of latex gloves in the sink right next to what looked like drops of blood.

Tonight, police have tested that red substance and found that basically it is not blood. But they did find human blood in one of the two cars Jacob drove.

And tonight, they are saying it doesn`t belong to Paige. The blood in the car belongs to a mystery woman. So who is that mystery woman? This is so confounding because we have almost two cases that have occurred from here.

Police have also searched a massive ten-acre state park. You can see how enormous the state park is. Jacob was in this park when he sent a text message at 4:18 in the morning the day Paige went missing.

Once again, there seems to be a theme in this show tonight. Why is this guy out in the middle of nowhere at 4:18 in the morning? Unless he`s camping.

For some reason, police are flat-out refusing to call this man a suspect. Or even a person of interest in the case. Why? Now, they did arrest him last month for possession of deadly weapon, drinking alcohol, and smoking pot, and lying to his parole officers about where he worked. So parole violations allegedly.

But the big question tonight, where is Paige Johnson? I have got to begin with Paige`s sister Brittany Haywood. Brittany thank you so much for being here tonight. I know you are going through hell right now. We want to do everything we can to help find your precious sister. And that`s why we`re going to ask you these questions.

BRITTANY HAYWOOD, PAIGE JOHNSON`S SISTER: Thank you.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What are your theories about what might have happened to your sister that night?

HAYWOOD: Honestly, I have no idea. I would like to know. I`m just baffled by the whole thing and really confused.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, police have searched two cars that belong to Jacob`s mother and brother that he borrowed and drove. They did find a small amount of blood in the front passenger`s seat of one of those cars, the car owned by Jacob`s brother, but it didn`t match Paige`s DNA. That blood belongs to an unidentified woman. Investigators basically have to find out now who is that unidentified woman. So they`ve almost got two cases on their hands.

Let me get back to you, Brittany. What was the relationship between your sister and this guy, Jacob Bumpus? Were they boyfriend and girlfriend? And what was the last time that you saw your sister?

HAYWOOD: No, they were not boyfriend and girlfriend. They were just friends. And I had seen my sister the day before.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So they were friends. She also had another boyfriend? Or an actual boyfriend? As opposed to this guy?

HAYWOOD: Yes. Her boyfriend is Ronnie.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. So they were just friends, this guy Jacob is the last person known to have seen Paige. Here`s what scares me. Paige sent a text on the morning that she disappeared just after midnight, 12:12 on September 23rd. She posted a message to a friend, quote, "Girl I need to talk to you immediately." That`s the last time that she`s heard from.

Do you have any idea, Brittany, what her concerns were that she said to a friend, "Girl I`ve got to talk to you immediately," and that`s the last we hear of her?

HAYWOOD: Actually, she said that to me. And when I seen it the next day, I just took it as normal conversation between her and I. Just -- like it was just something she would say to me. I don`t know what she needed to talk to me about, but --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, she might have been in big danger. Now, just a few hours later, about four hours later, at 4:18 a.m., this Jacob, who is the last person to have seen her allegedly sends a text message from East Fork State Park, ok in the middle of the night, 4:18, predawn.

Last question to you before we get more into this case; Brittany, do you have any idea, have you heard from law enforcement, who he texted, what he said and why on earth he was in the middle of a state park at 4:18 in the morning?

HAYWOOD: I have no idea.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Here`s my big issue. Danger deja vu. The last man seen with Paige Johnson, this guy, has a long record of violence. In 2007 he committed robbery two times. He attacked a friend and stole his money after threatening him with a knife. Three days before that he robbed a convenience store, smashing an elderly clerk`s ankle to pieces in the process.

But guess what? He was able to plead guilty to lesser theft charges and then sentenced to eight years in jail. But guess what. He was paroled early, after less than three years behind bars.

Casey Jordan, criminologist, how many times do we have to hear the same thing happening before we start changing how we deal with people who are capable of violence? Why doesn`t a sentence of eight years mean eight years? Why does it mean less than three years?

CASEY JORDAN, CRIMINOLOGIST: Well, because our prisons are absolutely overflowing, and the fact of the matter is, more money should probably be spent on assessing the very specific details of criminals and the specifics of their crimes in the past.

This guy looks in retrospect like a pressure cooker. Each one of his crimes escalated in violence as well as severity. And it`s absolutely conceivable that he could have actually ratcheted up to assaulting or harming Paige. And that`s why he`s the number one suspect right now, and I`ve --

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: They`re not even calling him a suspect.

JORDAN: Well, but that`s just technical.

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: they`re not calling him a person of interest even.

JORDAN: That`s strategy to keep him close. They`re trying to earn his cooperation. The minute they call him a suspect, he has no reason to speak to them. If he just stays in jail on his parole violations, maybe, maybe, maybe he will start to talk.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well --

JORDAN: It`s worth a try. That`s why they don`t name him as a suspect.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: First of all, I have to jump in and, Jayne Weintraub, I don`t buy this nonsense prisons are overflowing. They`re overflowing a lot of time with people who have not committed violent crimes because it`s so easy to get somebody for a drug offense, for selling drugs.

And yet the very people that jails were intended, prisons were with intended for, violent people who break the ankles of elderly clerks instead of getting eight years, they`re released after just a couple of years. And guess what happens? What we`re talking about now.

JAYNE WEINTRAUB, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: But by the same token Jane -- first of all, prisons are incredibly overcrowded and there aren`t enough spaces and there aren`t enough people to maintain the jails properly. That`s number one.

But number two the bigger issue here is, you have somebody on parole that I think is being held, you don`t call him a suspect or person of interest because it`s a matter of semantics. But clearly he is a suspect.

Jane, there was paint -- it wasn`t blood. It was paint. That`s why he probably had latex gloves. And the reason that he`s being held as a suspect right now is because of his past, not because of any evidence.

That`s not what our Constitution says. Our constitution says that you have to have probable cause to believe a crime has been committed and that this person committed it before we take away their liberty. Here this guy is thrown in jail just because he was on parole and for no other reason. He probably was trying to find her at 4:18 in the morning. That`s what I think.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Are you kidding me? Oh, my God.

WEINTRAUB: No, I think that he was really friends with her.

He called her friend. He says that the parents are looking for her. The police are now looking for her. I wouldn`t be surprised if he was trying to find her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let me go back to Brittany Haywood on this. Do you think perhaps he is a person who, while have a history of violence, was genuinely a good friend with hers, had no romantic relationship with her and had absolutely no reason to hurt her and was trying somehow at 4:00 in the morning in a state park to look for her?

HAYWOOD: No. There is no way he was looking for her at 4:00 in the morning. He has everything to do with this.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Why do you say that?

HAYWOOD: I just know it. Why would you run when being questioned? There`s no reason to run. There`s no reason to lie.

WEINTRAUB: Because he`s on parole.

HAYWOOD: The cell phone towers --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Go ahead, Brittany.

HAYWOOD: Well --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Brittany, go ahead.

HAYWOOD: He lied about dropping her off in Covington. He never was even in Covington.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So the last time she was seen he claims he dropped her off in Covington, and you`re saying -- where did you hear he wasn`t even in Covington?

HAYWOOD: From the pings from the cell phone tower.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The cops told you he wasn`t in Covington?

HAYWOOD: Right.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. All right. By the way, his attorney is invited on any time to give his side of the story. Again, we`re not psychics. We don`t know what happened.

But let`s go to a psychic; psychic investigator, Shellee Hale who has been in contact with Paige`s family. What do you make of this case in terms of what you`ve been able to extract from the family about this young lady. She`s only 17 but she reportedly drank alcohol with this Jacob on several occasions. And -- and I have to say, not to embarrass the family, but just because we want to get to the heart of it. She also smoked marijuana.

Your thoughts?

SHELLEE HALE, PSYCHIC HELPING MISSING GIRL`S FAMILY: Well, you know, there`s a lot of finger pointing going on right now, and I just really want to support Brittany and try to bring awareness around anybody out there who might have seen something or heard something, maybe has been scared to come forward up to this point. We -- we really would like to have them come forward and talk to Covington police department and give a statement.

You know --

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I got you. We`re not going to let this case go.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/29/ijvm.01.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Jacob Bumpass to remain in jail after parole hearing

Post by Nama Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:23 am

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter L_1706d7c4a4a94dd1b1ede1606956ad75Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter L_1395a10a40a04a5a985c7a26ce1e9c0e

Jacob Bumpass, the last man to see missing teen mom Paige Johnson, will remain in jail after a judge ruled on his parole violations.

A judge threw out four of his seven parole violations; three charges remain, after a Nov. 17 preliminary parole revocation hearing was held. The entire case will now head back to the parole board in Frankfort, Ky., where they will decide whether or not Bumpass, of Taylor Mill, violated his parole on those charges.

The charges remaining include possession of drugs and alcohol found in his apartment during a search. The parole board will decide whether or not he should be sent back to prison based on those violations.

Bumpass, 22, was originally paroled from a theft conviction in July 2009.

He was taken into custody Oct. 4, after police searched his residence and found alcohol just after Johnson, 17, went missing.

The Florence teenager went missing Sept. 23 after Bumpass said he dropped her off at 15th and Scott St. in Covington, Ky. He was the last person to see her.

Bumpass has not been charged in that case.

http://www.kypost.com/dpp/news/region_northern_kentucky/taylor_mill/jacob-bumpass-to-remain-in-jail-after-parole-hearing
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:35 am

I would think by now they have gotten the fingerprints on the beer bottles or cans or glass. IMO, her fingerprints were on them and that is one reason he is still in jail.

I think this girl is dead, was too young to be a mom, didn't really want to be a mom, left her children with whomever and went out partying all the time. I think this Bumpass was jealous of maybe another man and he murdered her. I also think they w/eventually find her body. So sad!!! I feel for her daughter! At least she is young enough where she won't remember her. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:30 am

didn't really want to be a mom, left her children with whomever and went out partying all the time.
Did I miss something in the story? I do not remember reading that anywhere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 am

You don't remember reading what anywhere? She has a two year old daughter. There is a darling pic upthread of the two of them. She is only 17, so she had her daughter at 15.

My opinion is in your quote.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:44 am

COVINGTON - When Paige Johnson went missing Sept. 23, Lisa Little wondered if the 17-year-old Florence girl may be in trouble.

The 37-year-old Little didn't want Paige to think she couldn't reach out for help because of past differences. Little once banned her own teenage daughter from hanging out with Paige because she was a "trouble maker."

Little created the "Paige You Are Safe Here" page on Facebook to reach out to the missing teen. Paige regularly used the social networking site to communicate with friends and family.

One month later, Paige still hasn't been heard from and the Facebook page has morphed into an exchange for more than 15,000 people seeking information on the teen's disappearance and remembrances of her.

Whether Paige will ever make it to a safe place, or see what her friends and others concerned about her say is very much in doubt, investigators say.

Investigators with cadaver dogs spent two days last week searching the 10,000-acre East Fork State Park in Clermont County but found no signs of a dumped body. The search concentrated on the park because Jacob Bumpass - who police said was the last person known to have seen Paige - sent a text message from the area about 4:18 a.m. on Sept. 23.

Friends and family describe Paige as a social butterfly who was always trying to lift other people's spirits despite being raised in an unstable family situation. Her father is a convicted felon, she dropped out of high school after giving birth at 15, and has no job.

Paige's 37-year-old mother, who has a minor criminal record herself, is now raising four additional children, including her own 2½-month-old, in a motel room in Florence.

Despite her lack of advantages growing up, Paige "was never the type of person who sat down and complained and whined about everything going on in her life," said Little's daughter, 19-year-old Paige Hanna. "She tried her best not to let anything get her down."

It was a combination of streetwise hardness and Paige's need for attention that often got the teen in trouble, friends said.

Bumpass, a 22-year-old convicted felon from Taylor Mill, admitted to Paige's mother that he gave alcohol to the girl in the hours before she disappeared. Another friend, who has since completed substance-abuse rehabilitation, recalls smoking marijuana with Paige.

Abby Schmitz, 17, of Edgewood, recalls being told to stay away from Paige because she was "nothing but trouble" when she moved into the same neighborhood five years ago.

Abby didn't listen and said she soon saw another side of Paige.

"She had so much personality," Abby said. "She was always happy. She wouldn't let anything get her down. If I was sad, she would do anything she could to cheer me up."

They became loyal friends, but the spontaneity of Paige's personality also got the pair in trouble.

"She kind of looked for trouble back then," Abby said. "She used to hang out with all the wrong people. ... She used to be the party girl. Me and her both were."

Abby said that changed when Paige had a child.

"Her role at being in the spotlight just slowed down a lot," Abby said.

Paige slept at Abby's house for three nights before she disappeared and didn't mention anything about planning to run away.

"I want her to be alive so bad," Abby said, "but it isn't looking good."

Little said Paige had no responsibilities that would cause her to want to flee. Paige's daughter, Makenzie, who is now 2, is being raised by her father and his family.

"She didn't have a reason because her responsibility with Makenzie was taken care of," Little said. "She was allowed to be a 17-year-old girl."

Paige's mother, Donna Johnson, 37, of Florence said her daughter was maturing. A week before her disappearance, Paige had picked up applications at Gateway Community and Technical College. She wanted to continue her education after dropping out of Simon Kenton High School soon after having her child.

She had also put in a series of job applications.

"Why would she try to find a job and go to school if she was planning to run off?" Johnson said.

Ronnie Rider, Paige's on and off boyfriend for four years but not the father of her child, said the couple was planning to move into an apartment together.

Rider, 20, said he saved $1,400 working for a temporary service to get an apartment the pair could share.

He said he is still in love with the "popular girl" he met in 2006 at Ollie's Skatepark in Florence.

"I just want everyone to know that she is a very good girl," Rider said. "She is very respectful. I had a lot of love for that girl. I just want her to come home."

Detectives have questioned Rider, a convicted burglar, about his relationship with Paige. He said he cooperated fully except for taking a lie detector test.

"My attorney advised me against that," Rider said.

He said he wasn't fleeing the area when he traveled to Minnesota one or two weeks after Paige's disappearance. Rider, who remained there Friday, said he traveled north to help an uncle rehab recreational vehicles.

Rider, a mechanic by trade, said the move took the pain of Paige's disappearance away by keeping his mind focused on work.

"That is how I've been coping," he said.

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter 71668_10
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20101025/NEWS0103/10230351/Missing-teen-had-tough-life
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Man seen with missing teen going back to prison

Post by Praying For Faith Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:56 am

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110113/NEWS010704/301130067/Back-behind-bars

Man seen with missing teen going back to prison
The Enquirer • January 13, 2011

FRANKFORT – The last person seen with missing Florence teen Paige Johnson will have to remain in jail, a two-member panel of the Kentucky Parole Board decided Thursday.

Jacob Bumpass, 22, will have to serve the remaining time on his sentence and will not be eligible to appear before the parole board until January 2013, according to Department of Corrections spokesman Todd Henson.

Bumpass appeared before the two-member parole board in Frankfort through a video-link from the Kenton County jail where he has been held since Oct. 4 when authorities charged him with violating his parole.

Detectives investigating the disappearance of the 17-year-old mother discovered several possible violations that day when they visited Bumpass at his Taylor Mill home.

Johnson was last seen on Sept. 22 when Bumpass picked her up from her Florence home. He told police he dropped off the girl in Covington early Sept. 23. Bumpass then stopped cooperating with authorities. Bumpass has never been named as a suspect in Johnson’s disappearance.

After a preliminary parole revocation hearing in November, an administrative law judge ruled last month that there was probable cause that Bumpass violated his parole by using marijuana, using alcohol and possessing alcohol.

Judge Nancy Barber also dismissed four other violations: having a tomahawk and arrows, leaving the state without permission, using Percocet and lying about a job.

On Thursday, the board asked Bumpass how he pleaded to the violations and he replied guilty, Henson said.

Bumpass has been out of prison on parole since August 2009 after serving two years, nine months and 19 days of an eight-year sentence on two counts of theft by unlawful taking in Kenton and Boone counties, according to the corrections department.

As of Thursday, Bumpass was scheduled to be released on July 16, 2013, Henson said.

He will now be sent to the Department of Corrections’ Assessment and Classification Center in LaGrange where officials will determine where he will serve out his sentence.

Detectives are still actively investigating Johnson’s disappearance, said Covington Police spokesman Lt. Col. Spike Jones. Anyone with knowledge of Paige is asked to call Covington Police at 859-292-2222.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty Ky. Teen Still Missing, Former Boyfriend Back in Jail on Parole Violation

Post by Praying For Faith Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:06 am

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/Ky_Teen_Still_Missing_Former_Boyfriend_Back_in_Jail_on_Parole_Violation_113592159.html

Ky. Teen Still Missing, Former Boyfriend Back in Jail on Parole Violation

Posted: 7:01 AM Jan 14, 2011
Ky. Teen Still Missing, Former Boyfriend Back in Jail on Parole Violation
The last person believed to have seen a missing Kentucky teen mom, will remain behind bars, in a separate case.

The last person believed to have seen a missing Kentucky teen mom, will remain behind bars, in a separate case.

He's not officially considered a suspect in the teen's disappearance but the girl's family is still looking for answers

22-year-old Jacob Bumpass' whereabouts and actions have been in question over the past few months, since his former girlfriend, 17-year-old Paige Johnson, was reported missing in late September.

He appeared in front of a parole board in Frankfort to face accusations that he violated the parole conditions in a theft case.

According to court documents, Bumpass and Johnson drank beers together at his home, and says he dropped her off in Covington.

That was last night Johnson was seen.

Bumpass will remain in jail for another two years.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:13 am

crying

That picture of Paige and her little girl is so cute. I do not have good feeling about this either.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:47 am

I agree Actually, I never have. That picture is hard to look at. So damned sad! crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Paige Johnson Missing: Ohio Park Searched for Missing Kentucky Teen/ Blood Found In Car NOT Paige Johnson's/ Mom Plans To Share Photos Of Missing Daughter Empty 6 months later, still no sign of Paige Johnson

Post by Praying For Faith Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:50 pm

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110402/NEWS010703/104030321

6 months later, still no sign of Paige Johnson
8:00 PM, Apr. 2, 2011

COVINGTON - After Florence teen Paige Johnson went missing Sept. 22, her 2-year-old daughter Makenzie would cry for her mother every time someone came into the door.

Six months later, Makenzie has stopped asking for her mother.

"She is too young to understand what is going on right now," said Paige's grandmother, Sharon Johnson, 68, of Florence, "but Makenzie will grow up not knowing what happened to her mother."

Paige's family hopes community awareness of the disappearance, brought by events like a candlelight vigil set for 6 p.m. April 8 at the corner of 15th and Scott streets, will help find Makenzie's mother.

The Covington street corner is where Paige was reportedly last seen.

The vigil is being organized by a 50-year-old unemployed Norwood resident who never met Paige and doesn't know her family. He first learned of the disappearance when someone handed him a missing poster while he shopped last year at a Kroger store.

"I'm just letting the family know she hasn't been forgotten," said organizer Charles Jones. "Nobody has forgotten her. We all have her in our hearts."

Jones still puts up missing posters across Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati.

"I started seeing people tearing them down," he said. "It was like, my God, they leave dog posters up longer. It is a human that is missing, and here these people are tearing the signs down as you put them up. It kind of hurt."

Jones' red 1998 Ford Explorer is plastered with missing posters for Paige. He has one on the passenger side rear window and one on his driver side rear window, in addition to notices about the vigil on his bumper.

"If it was my child, my sister, my girlfriend or my grandchild, I would want someone to do what I'm doing," said Jones, who has stepchildren.

Before Paige disappeared, she had given custody of Makenzie to the child's father and his family, but she remained active in her child's life. Makenzie continues to be raised by her father's family and is a healthy child, Johnson said.

She said Paige's family is grateful for the community support. In the months after the disappearance, more than 17,000 people visited a Facebook page dedicated to Paige's life.

Two YouTube videos about her have each been viewed about 2,000 times. The videos contain photos of Paige as a baby, subsequent birthday parties and summer outings where Paige is being held by smiling parents.

"We hope she is alive," Johnson said. "That is what we hope. Our hope is she is alive and well, but you know, that is something we don't know.

"We love Paige. We want her back home - no matter what. If she is out there and afraid to come home, she doesn't need to be afraid. There is nothing to fear."

Covington police Lt. Col. Spike Jones said detectives will continue to investigate the case until it is resolved, but there hasn't been a major development since the last person known to have been with Paige was sent back to prison in October for violating his parole in Kentucky.

The parole board found that Jacob Bumpass, 22, violated the terms of his release by using marijuana and possessing alcohol while on parole after being convicted of two counts of theft by unlawful taking in Kenton and Boone counties.

He remained at the Department of Corrections' Assessment and Classification Center in LaGrange on Friday while officials determine where he will serve out his sentence. Bumpass is currently scheduled to be released in July 2013.

Paige, 17, was last seen getting into Bumpass' car at the home in Florence she shared with her mother. He told detectives that he dropped off Paige at the corner of 15th and Scott streets, but then stopped cooperating with authorities.

Authorities have never named him as a suspect in the case but they have searched his home, car, brother's car and subpoenaed his mobile phone records.

The phone records led to several searches at 10,000-acre East Fork State Park in Clermont County, but investigators didn't find anything. The search concentrated on the park because a text message from Bumpass' phone was sent from the area about 4:18 a.m. the morning Paige was reported missing.

"To have someone who knows something who won't speak up and give us closure is just devastating," Johnson said. "How could anyone be so heartless?"

Anyone with information on this case is asked to call Covington police at 859-292-2222 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 800-843-5678.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:26 am

good post

How sad for her little one. She has probably forgotten her after 6 months. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next