Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orlando Sentinel moves to keep Casey Anthony jail records open

2 posters

Go down

Orlando Sentinel moves to keep Casey Anthony jail records open Empty Orlando Sentinel moves to keep Casey Anthony jail records open

Post by lisette Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:28 pm

By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel
6:14 p.m. EDT, October 27, 2010

The Orlando Sentinel has filed a motion in court arguing against the Casey Anthony defense team's efforts to have Orange County Jail records sealed in the high-profile case.

Citing a new appellate court decision in South Florida, the Casey Anthony defense team recently filed a motion to seal the woman's jail commissary records and telephone and visitation logs.

But today the Sentinel responded with its own motion, saying the Casey Anthony team's "argument is misplaced."

" Florida's Constitution and Public Records Act contemplates the disclosure of all records made or received by an agency in connection with the transaction of official business," states the Sentinel's motion to intervene. "The fact that there is no exemption for the public records at issue means that the legislature never contemplated that the documents would remain secret."

The Orange County Attorney's Office also has filed a response to the Casey Anthony defense motion and also asked the court to deny the defense request "to seal the visitation logs, telephone logs and commissary records kept and maintained by the Orange County Corrections Department."

The jail records issue is scheduled to be discussed Friday during the next hearing in the case before Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry.

Casey Anthony's defense attorneys argue in their filing that Florida's public-records law was not meant to provide for such disclosures and that the release of the Casey Anthony jail records "serves only to embarrass and invade the privacy of the defendant."

Casey Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hearing tomorrow at 1:30.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Orlando Sentinel moves to keep Casey Anthony jail records open Empty Re: Orlando Sentinel moves to keep Casey Anthony jail records open

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 am

And I know you will be "on scene" to give us a play by play!!! You're great at it, too!!

Judge Perry will laugh at Bozo and company. crazy3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Orlando Sentinel moves to keep Casey Anthony jail records open Empty Re: Orlando Sentinel moves to keep Casey Anthony jail records open

Post by lisette Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:13 am

I'm hoping to, Wrap, but not sure about today...My grandson is supposed to come sometime today, but not sure when...Hoping that it will be after the hearing...I may have to watch it later myself...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:25 am

I hear you. It's tough to concentrate with the grandbabies and you want to spend your time with them but also listen as to what is going on. How old is he?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down