12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: 12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Post by raine1953 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:38 pm

I've been thinking the same thing. Also, at the presser on Friday LE said a member of the family might be accompanying LE to CA but no family members came, that's odd IMO. If that were my g'daughter or anyone really, wild horses couldn't keep me away. BUT, if I had reason to believe that she knew about her Mom's murder and still willingly went with this guy, I'm not so sure I'd want to be present, I think I'd probably let LE handle it.
I think in the coming days/weeks we are going to be learning a lot. JMO of course.

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:31 pm

BJ♥OR wrote:...Choquette said she called Child Protective Services and a child abuse hotline four times the following day and never heard back. She also called the girl's mother to express concern, KGO reports.

I foresee a major lawsuit against CPS looming on the horizon! Also, I have a feeling that Brittany MAY be charged with being an accomplice in her mother's murder. I don't see her actually particpating in the murder, but she may have lured her to the backyard (or wherever) and then Easley attacked & killed her. JMO, of course!

Back to top Go down

Normal Theresa Shanley

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Theresa Shanley (left) is the woman who contacted police in San Francisco after recognizing 12-year old Brittany Mae Smith and 32-year old Jeffrey Scott Easley from national media reports.
Because of Shanley’s call to police, Easley was arrested, and Brittany is on her way back home to family in Virginia, Roanoke County Police officials said.
Roanoke County Police Detective Chris Welch (right) had an opportunity to meet Shanley over the weekend while in San Francisco as part of the investigation.
Detective Welch is one of four Roanoke County detectives who traveled to San Francisco to interview Easley and bring 12-year old Brittany back home to her family, officials said.
Two Roanoke County detectives are scheduled to arrive in Roanoke late Monday night with Brittany, who will be released to her family.
The remaining two Roanoke County detectives will stay in San Francisco pending the outcome of Easley’s extradition hearing, which is scheduled for Tuesday morning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Woman hailed a hero after spotting abducted child

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Theresa Shanley knew something was wrong the moment she spotted a young girl panhandling outside a Safeway in San Francisco's Richmond District last Friday.

"She caught my eye. I thought it was strange that a man his age would be with a child or a young girl," she said.

Shanley says it sent a chill down her arms and once inside the store, she asked a clerk to call police.

"As I was waiting on the phone I thought my God could it be her, but I thought they're in Virginia, why would they come here. But when I was talking to the police officer I said it may be the girl from Virginia.

Shanley recognized her after watching a show about the missing girl on CNN. She says it was her big brown eyes that caught her attention.

"She stared at me the whole time as I walked toward her, pass her, to pick up a cart to pulling out the cart. We didn't unlock our eyes," she said.

There is no better feeling than saving a child. So I'm glad I could help her," Shanley said.

Shanley told ABC7 News she never shops at the Ocean Beach Safeway, and that she only made a quick stop to get some dog food. As for the suspect, he said he was clean and shaven as opposed to a picture that showed him a goatee.

ABC7 News learned that the pair came to San Francisco because Easley Googled 'best place to be homeless' and San Francisco came as No. 1.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Brittany Smith's father, Ben Smith, spoke for the first time Monday night about his daughter's case.

Surrounded by about a dozen family members, Smith said he originally thought the happiest day of his life was when Brittany was born. That has since changed to the day Brittany was found safe, and brought back to him.

Ben thanked law enforcement officers for "never giving up," reporters for keeping his daughter's picture out so people could see it, and his pastor. He had a special thank you for Theresa Shanley, the woman who San Francisco Police say called in the spotting of Jeffrey Easley and Brittany last Friday.

"There's nothing I can say to describe how my heart feels about you. Just a simple thank you, and God bless you," Ben Smith said.

Ben Smith described getting the call that Brittany had been found. He said he asked the girl what his dog's name was, and she replied "Georgia." Ben then asked the girl what her dog's name was, and she said 'dad, it's little man.' Ben Smith said that's when he knew it was his daughter.

Ben Smith and his family said they still need prayers, and then a lot of counseling. Ben Smith added that his immediate plans include a lot of quiet time with Brittany, and then the family will judge what to do next by how she feels.

Ben Smith said he believes that "there's a plan for everything," and he let his family speak out first, "now I'm here for here. We're (family) here for her."

The family also revealed that the funeral for Tina Smith, Brittany's mother and Ben's ex-wife, will be this coming Saturday, Dec. 18th.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Brittany Smith's father speaks, thanks woman who spotted daughter

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal We know she was beaten

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:57 pm

The victim’s mother and missing girl’s grandmother, Liz Dyer of South Boston, said Tuesday she continues to wait for any information on her granddaughter’s safety.

“Police have not told us anything,” she said speaking from her Eastover Drive home.

“We know she was beaten, and they’re doing an autopsy,” she said of speaking her late daughter, Tina.

Dyer said she only met Brittany’s suspected abductor, Jeffrey Scott Easley, one time.

But she was quick to add, “We didn’t like what we saw.”

The worried grandmother said she had been unaware Easley was living with her daughter and granddaughter until two weeks ago when they came home for Thanksgiving.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:20 am

Some are saying this video shows another man with the pair.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:27 am

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:09 am

Brittany is back in VA with her family now.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Jeffrey Easley waived extradition

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Jeffrey Easley waived extradition Tuesday morning and will be back in Virginia in a few days.

Easley appeared in a San Francisco courtroom Tuesday morning. The hearing lasted just a few minutes and was delayed because the judge was stuck in traffic, according to News-7's Justin McLeod. Easley appeared slimmer than many photos and was clean shaven. He gave only yes and no answers to questions from a judge. At one point, he chuckled with his public defender.

Sources say Easley will be back in Roanoke in a day or two, possibly as soon as Wednesday night.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal "could have assisted" in the slaying of Brittany's mom

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:21 pm

A man who police say bought Jeffrey Easley's red SUV just before Easley departed Roanoke County with 12-year-old Brittany Smith "could have assisted" in the slaying of Brittany's mom, Roanoke police said today in a search warrant affidavit.

Easley, 32, jailed in San Francisco awaiting a court hearing today, sold his 2000 Chevrolet SUV to Adam McElvy and Jordan McClure the night of Dec. 3, the day police say Tina Smith was killed in her Roanoke County home, according to a search warrant filed today in Roanoke City Circuit Court. Easley, Tina Smith's boyfriend, and Brittany left for San Francisco in Smith's Dodge Neon late that night or early Dec. 4, Roanoke County police have said. Police have called him a suspect in the slaying.

Surveillance video taken Dec. 3 at 9:20 p.m. at the Apple Market on West Main Street in Salem shows Easley and a man who looks like McElvy buying fuel, the search warrant said. Brittany also is seen in the video, "having a subdued demeanor" and "standing with arms to her side and head down," the document said.

McElvy and McClure gave police inconsistent statements about their interactions with Easley and Brittany that day, according to the warrant.

"McElvy could have assisted in the murder" because of "the inconsistencies in McElvy and McClure's statements and the possibility that McElvy was with Easley at the Apple Market, which is in close proximity of the crime scene and within the time parameters of the victim's death," the warrant said.

McElvy and McClure have a television, DVD player, DVDs and a Nintendo Wii game console that were taken from Tina Smith's house, the the warrant said.

The warrant allows police to search the Garden City Boulevard house where McElvy and McClure live for blood, hair and goods stolen from Tina Smith's house.

Neither McElvey nor McClure could immediately be reached for comment. Neither has been charged with any crime, said Teresa Hamilton Hall, spokeswoman for Roanoke County police.

"No one's involvement has been ruled out," Hall said.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal video at the Apple Mart

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Surveillance video at the Apple Mart on West Main Street on December 3rd shows Easley and a man, similar in appearance to Adam McElvy, enter the store together and each purchased fuel for their vehicles that were parked at the fuel pumps. Brittany Smith also appeared in the surveillance video.

According to a search warrant, McElvy and McClure were interviewed by Roanoke County Police and both gave inconsistent statements to investigators concerning their interactions with Jeffrey Easley and Brittany Smith on December 3rd. According to police, the meeting at the Apple Mart was never mentioned by either person.

A person familiar with McElvy and McClure told investigators that a television, DVD player and DVD's were in Easley's SUV when McElvy and McClure bought it on December 3rd. These items were reported missing from Tina Smith's house by a family member after her death.

The warrant was filed Tuesday. No word as to what was seized from the home, if anything.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Tina Smith

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal From 2002/ Adam Royal McElvy

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Man charged with raping 14-year-old

Roanoke police have arrested a Southeast Roanoke man and charged him with the rape of a 14-year-old girl early Monday morning, police said.

Adam Royal McElvy, 18, was arrested Friday and charged with one count of rape and two counts of animate object penetration, Roanoke police spokeswoman Shelly Alley said. McElvy is being held in Roanoke City Jail on $6,000 bond.

The girl, whom police are not naming because she is a juvenile, knew McElvy as an acquaintance, Alley said. At 3:30 a.m. Monday, the girl left her house and met up with some people who took her to McElvy's home in the 1300 block of Gillette Avenue Southeast, Alley said. …

Read all of this article with a FREE trial

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Adam McElvy

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Adam McElvy

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Adam McElvy FB:

Adam McElvy Myspace:

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:05 pm

What's with Easley and John Skelton grinning like Cheshire Cats today?

Jeffrey Scott Easley, left, accused of abducting 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith of Virginia, talks with his attorney Bicka Barlow, right, a deputy public defender, during his extradition hearing at Superior Court in San Francisco, Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2010.

Read more at the San Francisco Examiner: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:25 pm

I guess they think they can get out of the charges or this is not their first rodeo. There are actually some people who feel more comfy in prison or jail than they do out on the streets. 3 hots and a cot.

If all those items were in McElvy's truck that came from Tina's house and Brittany is aware of all this, the writing is on the wall. How sad!!

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:36 pm

Wow I just wonder what in the heck this little 12 year old Brittany was involved in?

Sounds like she was running with a wild bunch.

jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Normal "They were pretty much hanging all over each other. You know... acting real lovey dovey."

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Mike Duvall (Apple Market Convenience Store) was on duty that night. Until this story broke, he had always thought Easley and Smith were a couple. He never saw them with Brittany's mother.

"They were always in here three or four times a week," he said. "They were pretty much hanging all over each other. You know... acting real lovey dovey."

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:27 am

BJ, is this before they ran away together? It sounds like they have been in a relationship for quite some time & I have a feeling that Brittany went with him quite willingly! 🇳🇴

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:29 am

Rainbow,
The video was taken Friday night, the same night the two were spotted at the Salem Wal-Mart. After the two were seen at Wal-Mart, maybe less than an hour, the two headed to Apple Market on West Main Street.

Easley buys two tins of snuff and about $10 worth of gas, even jokes with the cashier. Store employees say both he and the girl are regular customers, and on this night the video was taken, last Friday, they acted like they normally do.

"Every time they come in here, they are always side by side, all lovey dovey on each other, everything like that so," said Mike Duvall, store clerk.

One thing the cashier told News7 and another worker was that they didn't realize Brittany Smith was 12 until all this hit the media last week. They say she often uses a fake ID when she comes in from time to time.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:33 am

What would a 12 yr old be buying that she would need ID for? The only thing I can think of is alcohol or cigarettes. Can't think of anything else that requires ID.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:08 am

BJ♥️OR wrote:What would a 12 yr old be buying that she would need ID for? The only thing I can think of is alcohol or cigarettes. Can't think of anything else that requires ID.

I agree I don't think that Brittany is as innocent as some might think that she is. I think that more shocking news will be coming out.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:10 am

I've thought the same thing since the beginning of this case, PFF.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Jeffrey Easley, suspected in Tina Smith's slaying, scheduled to return to Virginia from San Francisco

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:22 am

Roanoke County police say Jeffrey Easley may have had an accomplice.

As the investigation deepened into Tina Smith's Dec. 3 slaying in the Roanoke County home she shared with Easley, police searched a Garden City duplex with a warrant that said a resident there "could have assisted" in the killing and in Easley's getaway with Brittany.

The search warrant, filed in Roanoke, said Easley sold his red Chevrolet SUV to Garden City residents Adam McElvy and Jordan McClure the day Tina Smith died, just before he departed for San Francisco with Brittany. Easley, Brittany and a man who looked like McElvy were caught on a surveillance video at the Apple Market on West Main Street in Salem about 9:20 p.m. that night, the warrant said.

McElvy and McClure didn't mention the Apple Market when detectives questioned them three days later and "gave inconsistent statements" about Easley and Brittany, the warrant said.

"McElvy could have assisted in the murder" because of "the inconsistencies in McElvy and McClure's statements and the possibility that McElvy was with Easley at the Apple Market, which is in close proximity of the crime scene and within the time parameters of the victim's death," said the warrant, signed by Roanoke County Detective J.J. Loughery.

McElvy couldn't be reached Tuesday. McClure declined to comment. Neither has been charged with any crime, said Teresa Hamilton Hall, spokeswoman for Roanoke County police.

"No one's involvement has been ruled out," Hall said.

The warrant sought permission to search McElvy and McClure's home on Garden City Boulevard Southeast for blood, hairs, tissue, fibers, credit cards and debit cards that may be related to the slaying and abduction. Police also sought a flat-screen television, DVD player, DVDs and a Wii game console, controllers and games taken from Tina Smith's house.

Police won't say how Smith, 41, was killed.

A memorial service for Smith, a nurse at a Salem retirement home and a U.S. Army veteran, will be Saturday in South Boston.

"We still need prayer. That's the first thing we need," Brittany's father, Benjamin Smith, told reporters Monday night, hours before Brittany arrived. "Then, a lot of counseling."

"Her life isn't going to be the same," said Margaret Blaustein, a psychologist with the Trauma Center in Brookline, Mass., who works with children. "A child doesn't go through a significant trauma and come out the exact same."

Part of Brittany's recovery is to understand that things aren't the same and to confront her mom's death and her cross-country trip with Easley, Blaustein said.

Brittany's future identity "has to incorporate what happened," Blaustein said. "It's not getting over it. It's taking that information in and having that become part of who she is."

Community support could help Brittany's recovery, said Russell Jones, a psychology professor at Virginia Tech who specializes in trauma.

"Social support, whether in the form of family, friends, or community members, have often been the number one predictor of success," Jones said.

Brittany's hometown of South Boston is rallying around her. A candlelight celebration of her return is scheduled for Sunday.

Benjamin Smith's pastor, John Eure, said his church, Ash Avenue Baptist Church, also is supporting the family.

Eure said he talked to Brittany on Tuesday and found her "surprisingly well."

"She sounded very strong. She sounded bright," Eure said. "And I think a lot of that is due to the fact that people have been lifting her in prayer, and the fact that she's back home where she knows she's safe."

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:36 am

Sorry, in advance, if I already posted this. Here is the profile picture on Jeff Easley's Myspace.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Adam's Myspace

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:39 am

Jeff has known Adam for at least 5 months. This comment was on Adam's Myspace. The # is a Verizon cellphone.
Jeff Easley Hey get up with me 540 352 7260
5 months ago

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:18 am

PFF & BJ, after reading all the posts, I think it is quite evident that Brittany knew about her mother's murder and I think the motive was because Easley and Brittany were "in a relationship" and Ms. Smith caught them in the act.

I find it hard to swallow that Brittany is this innocent little girl. As Jeanne said in an earlier post, she was running with some unsavory people, Easley being one of them. I think Easley brainwashed this girl and when the truth comes out, the "community support" will vanish. Can't these people see this for what it really is?

Where specifically is Brittney staying now? This girl knows a heck of a lot more than she is letting on. This is a very sick case! Electric Chair

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:24 am

It is hard to put all the pieces together on this case but from what I have been able to read Tina the mother worked and must have had some other funds because she had a beautiful home with everything in it plus a big in the ground swimming pool.

She seemed to be the only worker bee. She supported Jeff the live in and Brittany the daughter.

I read last night one of the aunts saying Brittany and Tina always talked even when Tina had to be away for work. I said WTH. Did she leave her 12 year old daughter alone for a couple of days with this stranger?

I think Brittany was a little girl that was opened up to a sexual relationship just when she was coming into her sexuality. I am pretty sure she bit off more than she could chew with this child molester.

He came into their home and he was a bad person with bad friends.

They never had a chance once the door was opened.

MOO
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:34 am

I agree

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:35 am

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:12 pm

jeanne,

I agree with your thoughts too.

I have wondered if Brittany maybe met Easley on FB and then setup her mother Tina.

I still think that there will more shocking news that is going to come out about this case. JMO

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:41 pm

I agree with Jeanne too! I think she got caught up in this strange "relationship" & got influenced by Easley. I think he may have convinced her to help in some way in the murder of her mother (hopefully not in the act itself!), with the promise of living "happily ever after" with him. In her young mind, he was her "knight in shining armour". (UGH!!)

If this is the case, she will need a LOT of counselling!! I can't imagine the feelings she must be going through - guilt (for being an accomplice in her mother's murder), betrayal (by Easley), loss of her mom, her innocence, etc. It's all very sad!!

Back to top Go down

Normal Jeffrey Easley's arraignment postponed due to weather

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Jeffrey Easley's arraignment for Thursday has been postponed due to weather.

We're told Easley will be arraigned on Friday at 1 p.m.

A man accused of abducting a 12-year-old girl is back in Roanoke County and now formally charged.

32-year-old Jeffrey Easley arrived with authorities by plane at Roanoke Regional Airport around 8:30 Wednesday evening.

Since he's a prisoner, Easley was taken off the plane shortly after it arrived for safety reasons.

Police took him straight from the plane to an unmarked police van.

He then arrived at the Roanoke County jail and didn't say a word as police escorted him inside.

He had a black brace around his right ankle, a monitoring device.
Easley was not granted bond because he's obviously a flight risk, accused of abducting 12-year-old Brittany Smith and taking her 27-hundred miles away.

The two were found last Friday in San Francisco after a weeklong search.
Easley has so far only been charged with abduction but also faces credit card fraud charges and police say he's a suspect in the murder of Tina Smith, Brittany's mother.

He will be arraigned Thursday afternoon in Roanoke County.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Jeffrey Scott Easley, center, accused of abducting 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith of Virginia, looks on as his attorney Bicka Barlow, right, hands over his signed extradition waiver during a hearing at Superior Court in San Francisco.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:16 pm

This is a very odd case. The mother must have been completely oblivious to what was going on but the sexualization of a 12 year old is what gets me. She looks so much older and she was posting on facebook as 18. They had a lovely home and well cared for
but what about her daughter? How could a woman who is a registered nurse not see the signs of what was going on?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Artgirl this is all very puzzling. Along with her mother being a nurse her father is a policeman. Imagine that. I have tried to find out if her mother is a RN or a LPN. Working in a nursing home I am thinking an LPN.

The mother was in the military so that could be where she got that training.

From what I am reading the mother would go out of town for meetings or training and I wonder did she leave Brittany and JE home alone?

Also did anybody in the family communicate with Tina and Brittany? The grandmother and aunts seem like lovely people but they say they didn't know anything about JE until Thanksgiving. That is when grandma observed Brittany and JE and called CFS.

I was thinking about this today and in this "new" world of ours nobody is really isolated. Heck I am old and I am on Facebook following an 17 year old and a 12 year old. I know what those two are up to most of the time. Of course they both have intact families that monitor their actions.

Another thing I was thinking of this afternoon is that Brittany changed her last name to Easley and some say that was common practice although I have not seen it up here. The name she used before was Conner.

I wonder who this Conner is and how old he/she is?
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:35 am

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Arraignment on 12-17

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Easley will be read the charges against him, which include credit card fraud. He also will be asked whether he plans to hire an attorney or if he needs a court-appointed attorney.

Easley was held at the Roanoke County-Salem Jail without bond and under medical watch, which county spokeswoman Teresa Hamilton-Hall said is "common practice when anyone comes in under these circumstances."

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:07 pm

Jeffrey Easley, accused of fleeing Roanoke County with his slain girlfriend's 12-year-old daughter, was brought into court today, where a judge confronted him with the abduction charge.

Easley, 32, unshaven, handcuffed and dressed in an orange jail jumpsuit, was asked by Roanoke County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Judge Philip Trompeter if he needed a court-appointed lawyer.

"Yes Sir," Easley answered in a low voice.

He told the judge he lost his job about six weeks ago and has no income, real estate or car. The judge-appointed attorney Thomas Roe Jr., who was at today's hearing at Easley's side.

Easley was returned to Roanoke County on Wednesday from San Francisco, where he was found panhandling outside a supermarket with 12-year-old Brittany Smith.

He was charged with abducting the girl, whose mother, Tina Smith, 41, was found slain Dec. 6 in the home she shared with Easley and Brittany on Fort Lewis Circle. Easley is a suspect in Tina Smith's death, Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder said.

Commonwealth's Attorney Randy Leach said after today's hearing that there was no timetable for charges in Tina Smith's slaying. He wouldn't say whether anyone else was likely to face charges in the case.

Trompeter's small courtroom was crowded with reporters and Easley's mother, Sallie Martin, and step-father, who live in Franklin County.

The hearing, over in less than 10 minutes, ended with Easley hauled back to Roanoke County-Salem Jail without bail. Trompeter scheduled a preliminary hearing on the abduction charge for Feb. 8.

Roe said he spoke to Easley today for the first time.

"He seemed like he had his wits about him and is concerned about the charges," said Roe. He said he planned to talk with Easley further this weekend.

Easley is being held in isolation, under suicide watch. Neither the lawyer nor police would say why. Roe said Easley asked to be taken off suicide watch.

Easley also was charged in Salem with credit card fraud, for allegedly using Tina Smith's credit card to buy camping gear at the Salem Walmart before he and Brittany headed west.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal video from a couple days ago

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:19 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Myspace

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Jeff Easley Divorce Papers

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Last edited by BJ♥OR on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:42 am

Thank you, BJ for Brittney's my space, and the Divorce Decree.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:38 am

So sad and so unnecessary, re: Tina Smith's memorial service, it didn't have to be. RIP Tina.
I wonder if anyone is getting the truth from Brittany but either way, she's going to have to live with what really happened the rest of her life. She's so young and it sounds like she's been growing up fast for a while now, she's learning that there's real consequences for what we do and her Mother paid the ultimate.
Re: the my space, I wish I could de-code the way these kids write now but I don't have a clue.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Tina Louise Dyer Smith

Post by Nama on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Tina Louise Dyer Smith | Visit Guest Book

Ms. Tina Louise Dyer Smith, of 3341 Fort Lewis Circle, Salem, Va., formerly of South Boston, Va., died Friday, December 3, 2010, at her home. She was born in Richmond, Va., on November 9, 1969, and was 41 years of age. She was the daughter of the late George W. Dyer Jr. and Charlotte Lane Hornick, who survives. Ms. Smith was a member of the Ash Avenue Baptist Church. Ms. Tina Louise Dyer Smith is survived by one daughter, Brittany Mae Smith, of Salem and South Boston, Va.; and Brittany's father, Benny Smith, of South Boston, Va.; her mother, Charlotte L. Hornick and husband, Tom, of Harrisburg, N.C.; her stepmother, Elizabeth Dyer, of South Boston, Va.; her maternal grandmother, Frances Dyer, of South Boston, Va.; four sisters, Tracey Dyer White, of Alton, Va., Angel Spangler of South Boston, Va., Gloria DeYoung, of Hudson, Ohio, and Rhonda Blanton, of Charlotte, N.C.; three brothers, Donny Dyer, of South Boston, Va., Tommy Hornick, of Charlotte, N.C., and Richard Powell, of Dundas, Va.; and a number of nieces, nephews, cousins and special aunts. She was preceded in death by one son, William Tyler Matherly. A Memorial Service for Ms. Tina Louise Dyer Smith will be held at a later date. The family will be at the home of Tracey and Kenny White, 2053 Paradise Road, Alton, Va. Online condolences may be directed to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Arrangements are by Powell Funeral Home, 1603 Wilborn Avenue, South Boston, Va., 434-572-3525.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum