12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Tina Louise Dyer Smith

Post by Nama on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Tina Louise Dyer Smith | Visit Guest Book

Ms. Tina Louise Dyer Smith, of 3341 Fort Lewis Circle, Salem, Va., formerly of South Boston, Va., died Friday, December 3, 2010, at her home. She was born in Richmond, Va., on November 9, 1969, and was 41 years of age. She was the daughter of the late George W. Dyer Jr. and Charlotte Lane Hornick, who survives. Ms. Smith was a member of the Ash Avenue Baptist Church. Ms. Tina Louise Dyer Smith is survived by one daughter, Brittany Mae Smith, of Salem and South Boston, Va.; and Brittany's father, Benny Smith, of South Boston, Va.; her mother, Charlotte L. Hornick and husband, Tom, of Harrisburg, N.C.; her stepmother, Elizabeth Dyer, of South Boston, Va.; her maternal grandmother, Frances Dyer, of South Boston, Va.; four sisters, Tracey Dyer White, of Alton, Va., Angel Spangler of South Boston, Va., Gloria DeYoung, of Hudson, Ohio, and Rhonda Blanton, of Charlotte, N.C.; three brothers, Donny Dyer, of South Boston, Va., Tommy Hornick, of Charlotte, N.C., and Richard Powell, of Dundas, Va.; and a number of nieces, nephews, cousins and special aunts. She was preceded in death by one son, William Tyler Matherly. A Memorial Service for Ms. Tina Louise Dyer Smith will be held at a later date. The family will be at the home of Tracey and Kenny White, 2053 Paradise Road, Alton, Va. Online condolences may be directed to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Arrangements are by Powell Funeral Home, 1603 Wilborn Avenue, South Boston, Va., 434-572-3525.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Post by jeanne1807 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:38 pm

BJ great reporting as always. I haven't seen this on any other site.

You help make us the best!
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Post by jeanne1807 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Roanoke County Police Lt. Chuck Mason told reporters he wants to hold off on talking about when Brittany knew of her mother's death, and right now she is considered a victim.

Notice the pause at the end of the video. Like we have said..something isn't right.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Wow I got so behind on this thread I don't even know where to begin. Brittany was to young to be in a "relationship". She might be living a life of an older person but at 12 yrs old she is more like a child in need of assistants. This child molester need to have the book thrown at him. She is not of age to consent to anything. I just hope Easley did not involve Brittany in the murder of her Mother.

Back to top Go down

Normal Tina Smith Memorial Service

Post by Nama on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:28 pm

Friends and family celebrated the life of 41-year-old Tina Smith in South Boston Saturday. You may remember, Smith died in an apparent homicide in Roanoke County earlier this month.

Her death was followed by a nation wide search for her missing 12-year-old daughter Brittany, later found in California with her alleged abductor, Jeffrey Easley.

Smith's pastor called on her friends and family to remember her not just for her "quick departure" but also for the life that she lived.

The pastor pointed to her service in the military, her profession as a nurse, and her love for her children as fond memories.

He also said the family should not depend on speculation or even facts as an investigation continues into her death, but instead called them to trust in God's healing and forgiveness.

"Don't let this divide you," said Pastor John Eure, Ash Avenue Baptist Church. "For, usually a situation like this can do one of two things. It can bring you closer together or it can drive you further apart. Let it draw you together. Be tolerant with one another."

Smith's daughter, Brittany, was in attendance. A celebration of her safe return will be held tomorrow.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:33 pm

by lindamarie Today at 7:23 pm Brittany was to young to be in a "relationship".
Even with another 12 yr old.....but a 32 yr old? That is just Disgusting and Dispicable!

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:37 am

He also said the family should not depend on speculation or even facts as an investigation continues into her death, but instead called them to trust in God's healing and forgiveness.

"Don't let this divide you," said Pastor John Eure, Ash Avenue Baptist Church. "For, usually a situation like this can do one of two things. It can bring you closer together or it can drive you further apart. Let it draw you together. Be tolerant with one another."
Bravo

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:06 pm

imu ilu n inu=I miss you love you and need you, I think!
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:20 pm

Charm, I want you to know that I feel sick to my stomach. Easley is a PIG and it's scary to think of what kind of a relationship he had with this 12 yr old CHILD. With all the speculation going on I'm even surprised that the family let her go to the memorial. I think the worst is yet to come and we're all going to be running for the nearest bucket.

IMY I Miss You
ILY I Love You
ILY I Like You
INY I Need You

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:40 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Questions and answers about Jeff Easley from someone who claims to know him

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Brittany Smith - Jeff Easley - Tina Smith - Case Discussion
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Did Jeff Easley have a penchant for young girls?

Answer: No
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What were his drug habits?

Answer: Jeff Easley has a very bad history of drug use, from cocaine to prescription pain pills. In September of 2007, Jeff Easley went to rehab in Wilmington, North Carolina where he stayed for approximately 22 days. (It is believed this was due to prescription drug addiction.) He shot himself in order to get prescription pain medication.
Has Jeff Easley served time in jail or prison?

Answer: Yes, Jeff Easley was arrested and taken to Albertville City Jail (Alabama) on an obstruction of governmental operations charge due to trying to run from the police. (He also swung at an officer but was not charged.) His vehicle was impounded and on the following day after he was released, Easley caused a scene when he went to pick up his 2000 Chevy Blazer and was charged with disorderly conduct due to cussing out a person, not realizing they were a judge. He was sentenced to six months; although released after only serving a couple weeks.
Question: Has Jeff been diagnosed with a psychological disorder?

Answer: Yes, during 2006, or thereabouts, Jeff Easley was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and spent a week or two at Cherry Hospital in North Carolina. He was prescribed medication for his bipolar disorder but it is believed he stopped taking his medications at some point.

(Cherry Hospital is a 274-bed inpatient psychiatric hospital serving the citizens of 38 eastern North Carolina counties and operated by the state of North Carolina, the Department of Health and Human Services): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Question: Did both of Jeff's ex-wives get protective orders against him?

Answer: Yes, Jeff Easley's first ex-wife filed for and obtained several protection orders against him in North Carolina. During his marriage to his second wife, there was a lot of verbal and emotional abuse and towards the end, physical abuse consisting of choking, pushing and hitting. She filed for a protective order as well.
Question: Did Jeff ever use steroids?

Answer: Yes, he has used anabolic steroids in the past.
Question: How did Jeff Easley and Adam McClure, the guy Jeff sold the Chevy Blazer to, know each other?

Answer: They worked together.
Question: Where did Jeff Easley grow up and where has he lived?

Answer: He was born in Virginia, but spent most of his life in Ayden, North Carolina. He lived in Wilmington, North Carolina with his first ex-wife and in Albertville, Alabama with his second ex-wife. He has also lived in Greenville, North Carolina and Grant, Alabama.
How old was Jeff Easley when he left home?

Answer: Probably 18 or 19.
Did Jeff Easley graduate from high school?

Answer: No, he earned a GED.
Question: How many siblings does Jeff Easley have?

Answer: He has one brother who is presently 31 years old.
Question: Did Jeff Easley attend college?

Answer: Yes, he attended a community college for a short period of time.
Question: Is Jeff Easley a hunter?

Answer: Yes, he loves to hunt deer.
Question: Does Jeff Easley drink?

Answer: Yes, but usually only when he's out with friends. He prefers hard liquor like Crown Royal or Henness.
Question: Is Jeff Easley in a gang or does he associate with gang members?

Question: Does Jeff Easley consider himself to be a Christian?

Answer: No, I don't think so, although he believes in God.
Question: Who did Jeff Easley meet online first? Tina Smith or BMS?

Answer: Tina Smith
Question: When did Jeff Easley move into Tina Smith's home?

Answer: He was in the home since July of 2010, left in September and then went back in October.
Question: What do you know about Jeff Easley's relationship with BMS?

Answer: He cared very much for BMS and was interested in getting custody of her due to neglect by her mother, Tina Smith. As far as Jeff's relationship with BMS, they presented themselves as father-daughter.
Question: What kind of a housekeeper is Jeff Easley?

Answer: He is pretty messy. He doesn't clean up after himself.
Question: Did Jeff Easley ever complain of hearing voices?

Answer: Not that I remember.
Question: What was Jeff Easley's childhood like?

Answer: He stayed in trouble a good bit. He was constantly sneaking out, drinking under age, fighting, etc.
Question: What is Jeff Easley's mother's name and what do you know about her?

Answer: Sally Martin. They were very close, but she's a lot like him. My opinion is that she's bipolar too. She takes up for Jeff and doesn't see him as having any problems.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Question: What is Jeff Easley's father's name and what do you know about him?

Answer: Ralph Easley. He didn't have much of a relationship with him growing up due to his alcohol abuse. They had started rebuilding their relationship when Jeff was in his late 20's but Jeff terminated the contact. From what I understand Jeff went to Ralph's home for Thanksgiving this year.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Question: When did Jeff Easley's parents divorce? How old was he?

Answer: He was very young. I think he was under 3. He considers his stepfather, Barry Martin, as his dad.
Question: Did Jeff Easley have a temper as a child?

Answer: He told me that he got into a lot of fights so I assume he did.
Question: Is Jeff Easley a stalker?

Question: Is Jeff Easley vindictive?

Answer: Yes
QUESTION: HAS JEFF EASLEY THREATENED TO KILL PEOPLE?

ANSWER: YES, BOTH HIS EX-WIVES AND RANDOM OTHER PEOPLE.
Question: Do you know of any psychotic episodes Jeff Easley has had?

Answer: He went after his second ex-wife with a butcher knife.
Question: Does Jeff Easley have many friends?

Answer: Yes, he does. He is a very social person (at times) and presents himself as a great guy. He is a master manipulator.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:28 pm

He sounds just like my ex husband, except for the part about the alcohol. My ex would drink anything.

I have a VERY hard time being tolerant of Jeff Easley and parts of the pastor's statement. Sorry, don't mean to offend but there is NO excuse for a 32 year old man w/a 12 year old.

And, this is the first time I have heard Tina was abusive.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:52 pm

From BJs link on facebook
The questions appearing below were submitted via e-mail to people who know Jeff Easley well. Their answers appear underneath each question.
I must have missed something in the thread saying Tina was abusive?

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Wrapitup wrote:

I have a VERY hard time being tolerant of Jeff Easley and parts of the pastor's statement. Sorry, don't mean to offend but there is NO excuse for a 32 year old man w/a 12 year old.

Amen.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:26 pm

I've not heard that Tina was abusive nor have I read it anywhere, unless I missed it too.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Question: What do you know about Jeff Easley's relationship with BMS?

Answer: He cared very much for BMS and was interested in getting custody of her due to neglect by her mother, Tina Smith.
Sorry, I should have said "neglect" but IMHO, neglect IS abuse.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:37 pm

Take those answers to questions on FB with a grain of salt. They are just opinions of ONE person claiming to know Easely.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:41 pm

I agree Although, Brittany may have told Easley Tina was neglecting her and he bought into it because he was looking for a reason to justify being with her. crazy3 umno Barf

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:26 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:BJ great reporting as always. I haven't seen this on any other site.

You help make us the best!
We ought to call BJ "Lois Lane"
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:33 pm

I just copy and paste. Anyone can do it....no biggie!

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Jeff Easley's tattoos

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:42 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Brittany Smith appears in South Boston, thanks crowd for outpouring

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Brittany Smith appeared at a gathering to welcome her back to her hometown of South Boston on Sunday evening. The 12-year-old has been largely sequestered with family since she was found in San Francisco on Dec. 10 with her accused abductor, Jeffrey Easley.

Smith sat with her father, Benjamin Smith, on the stage at a public amphitheater during speeches and a gospel music performance. She chewed gum, sipped hot chocolate, held a lighted candle, smiled often and occasionally waved to people in the crowd of about 50 gathered at Constitution Square.

At the end of the celebration, she stepped up to a microphone.

"I just wanted to thank everybody for all their prayers," she said. The crowd erupted in cheers of "Welcome home Brittany!"

After the event ended, Brittany lingered for about a half hour, exchanging hugs with many of those who came.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:47 pm

I still feel that Brittany should be kept out of the public eye. JMHO!
She's not a celebrity and we don't know if she was an accomplice or a victim......thought even is she's an accomplice she would still be a victim because of her age. She should be at home with her family, not waving to the crowds. Again, JMHO!

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:05 pm

You said a mouthful BJ but ...who knows.

I am wondering who wrote all of that on Facebook. I bet LE are ticked. They usually don't want to tell anything out in VA. I am guessing the reporter was an ex wife. First I thought his brother but the more I read..ex wife.

There must have been a lot of shouting and trouble in that home with Tina, Brittany and Jeff.

I would imagine the neighbors have a lot to say. Wow.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Normal Welcome home celebration for Brittany Smith After coming home last week, Brittany thanked her supporters in South Boston

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:12 pm

Sitting next to her father at Constitution Square, Brittany Smith spoke to her crowd briefly-- in the hushed voice of a 12-year-old.

"I just want to thank everybody for their prayers and support," said Brittany.

But even that was enough for the people who gathered to welcome her to South Boston, her new home.

"I prayed about it, I never gave up hope that she would be found," said family friend Lisa Wallace.

The welcome celebration for friends and family started as a candlelight vigil-- the idea came a day before Brittany was found safe in California. Now more than a week later and those closest to her still can't believe she's here.

"I just kept stroking her hair and saying you know, 'it's really you!'" said family friend Debbie Bunker Cook. "You're here and you're ok because so many kids dont come back."

Now living with her father in South Boston, Brittany smiled frequently to the audience; and posed for pictures afterward before being taken away inside a circle of protective loved ones.

"She's doing ok and mostly we're just joyful right now and just concentrating on the excitement of being home," said Bunker Cook.

"I think her journey is just beginning," said Wallace. "I think it's just beginning, I think it's going to be a while."

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Oh my now this picture looks wonderful. Like a little 12 year old girl should be looking.

My fingers are crossed that she had nothing to do with any of this and that she is an innocent victim.

This picture of her made me smile.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:20 pm

If she was involved I'm sure Easely will spill his guts to cover his own A$$. Of course anything he says will have to be taken with a grain of salt, too. He has no integrity.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Organizers say they were surprised to see Brittany Smith, and her father Ben attended the homecoming celebration in South Boston.

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Even the organizers were surprised to see Brittany at the celebration. What does that say?

Organizers say they were surprised to see Brittany Smith, and her father Ben attended the homecoming celebration in South Boston. The twelve year old sat with her dad on stage.

Lisa Wallace and Christy Watts organized the event.

"To welcome her home, to give her love and support, this is going to be a long journey for the Smith-Dyer family and for Brittany. I just can not imagine what her father's going through,” said Wallace.

"We have a small community here in South Boston and we all pull together when we're needed. I think the community needed to come together as a whole to express their concern for Brittany,” said Watts.

The about forty people who attended the service, thankfully lit candles for Brittany’s safe return home. Several friends gave speeches and sang songs of joy for Brittany.

"I hope it just shows Brittany how much she's loved and how much we care about her and that she realizes how many people were looking for her,” said Watts.

There was also a donation box for anyone who wanted to give a love offering to the Smith family. A white bow was on stage as well, to memorialize Brittany’s mother Tina, who was killed on December 6th.

At the end of the service, Brittany took to the podium and thanked everyone for their love, support, and prayers

Wallace says they don't know how much money was raised for the Smith family tonight. All of the donations were given in sealed envelops. She says they did not open the envelopes and gave them directly to Ben Smith.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Tina Smith remembered for service, kindness

Post by Nama on Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:28 pm

The Rev. John Eure doesn't want people to remember Tina Smith for how she died.

"Even though this is part of a story in Tina's life, it is not the whole story of Tina's life," Eure said. "The murder should not define who she was."

The pastor urged about 175 of Smith's family and friends, gathered at Ash Avenue Baptist Church in South Boston on Saturday for Smith's memorial service, to remember the 41-year-old nurse for her quirky ways, her kindness and her service to others.

Smith was found slain at her Roanoke County home Dec. 6. Her boyfriend, Jeffrey Easley, 32, is suspected in her death. He's charged with abducting Smith's 12-year-old daughter, Brittany Smith, and taking her to San Francisco.

Brittany, returned to her family Monday, sat through the service with her father Benjamin Smith and other relatives at her side. Dressed in black, she kept her dark hair curtained around her face and at times wiped away tears.

With what will be a difficult Christmas for Tina Smith's family just a week away, Eure said she was a gift to those who knew her.

"God gave her to us as a gift," he said during the hourlong service. "It was a gift that had a heart of compassion, that had a heart for family."

Smith believed in serving others through the military, as a nurse and a mother, Eure said.

"Perhaps God used something with that to help bring about a miracle that we saw Friday a week ago, when Brittany was found," Eure said. "Perhaps some of those things that [Brittany] learned may have helped her to survive that past week that she was away. I think if Tina knew that, she would be well pleased."

Eure told the grieving friends and family to turn to their relationship with God for healing, and to forgive.

"Forgiveness does not mean forget. I don't know where we get that," Eure said. "But it means we let go. I think forgiveness is a gift from God to help us to let go of the things that hold us down."

Smith's cremated remains were placed in a wooden urn on a table at the front of the church.

A folded American flag, roses and candles surrounded the urn. An array of flowers placed on the altar were set against Christmas wreaths, red poinsettias and angels with trumpets.

Photos of Smith as a baby, a girl with pigtails, and then as a teen and an adult wearing a white nurse's dress, flashed in front of the church from a projector.

One photo showed Smith skydiving in honor of her late son, who accidentally died last year of self-asphyxiation.

Church bells rang out as the processional left the church for burial service at Halifax Memorial Gardens.

South Boston firetrucks and police cars stopped traffic at intersections along the way. Several officers who work with Brittany's father stood outside the stopped cruisers with their hats held over their hearts.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:29 pm

IDK, Brittany just looks a little too happy to me for what she is supposed to have gone through.

I still think more shocking news is yet to come out also, like BJ.

I am hoping she did not have anything to do with this either, like Jeanne said, but IDK.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Normal Brittany Mae Smith, 12, attends the community candlelight celebration held in her honor Sunday afternoon at Constitution Square.

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:22 am

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:47 am

I wonder what exactly the Preacher means about forgiving? Who are we suppose to forgive? I don't understand. What is considered a normal way to act for a 12 yr old girl in a case like this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Last edited by BJ♥OR on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Too much celebrating without enough facts. Rejoice that Brittany is alive, but don't turn her into a celebrity. Some of the looks that she's giving the camera, IMHO, are not appropriate in view of the fact that her mother was just murdered. I'm very bothered by what's going on in this little town.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:20 pm

Where is her sadness for her murdered mother? She looks like she is enjoying all the attention. Maybe she is in some kind of emotional jet lag from all that has gone on. IDK. But it just seems that she chose to go with Easley, didn't go against her will. Don't know if she was involved with the actual murder, but she had to have known about it. Her responses remind me of Casey Anthony. I know that she is only 12, so maybe she just doesn't have enough life experiences to realize the significance of all that has taken place in her life the past month.
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:34 pm

I completely agree. She should NOT be in the limelight at all. She looks happy. I understand this shindig was for her but her mother is dead. She looks like she is not at all in emotional pain.

Something is not right with these pictures!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Sigh...I don't know what to believe. It is like a see saw to me. I go up and down.

I see her smiling and think..how can she smile..her mother was killed. Then I am ashamed. Perhaps this is the first time this little girl has smiled.

I will say she looks like a kid in these pictures.

Lets just for a moment believe that the good people of this town are rejoicing in Brittanys return alive. I started to say unharmed but..who knows.

What if these few folks that were at this service are truly "lifting her up".

We just don't know what will happen to Brittany but perhaps the people are good and hopeing things will turn out ok for her.

There is so much hate towards this little girl right now. Perhaps she needs to "feel the love".

jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:24 pm

I don't have any "hate" for her at all....I just don't completely believe she was kidnapped. I think she went willingly. I do NOT think she killed her mother but I think she was aware of the plan to do so. MOO!!!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:34 pm

Wrap I never meant you. My post just happened to follow yours.

I was more or less talking about some of the other places that are discussing this case.

I just read over at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and some of the comments are cruel.

Other sites are really going after her.

We shall all know soon enough. I think LE is gathering and when they file charges..we shall know the truth.

Peace.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:40 pm

There are plenty of horrible comments about Brittany. I am sorry, Jeanne. I had not read some of these comments. I do have to wonder why she is allowed to live in Boston with her father now if she is guilty. We all know LE grilled her and any 12 year old would probably break down and tell the truth. So, if she is guilty of anything, I have to wonder why she is not locked up. I don't even know if I am making sense because I personally DO think she is guilty in some fashion.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Normal "I just want to thank everybody for their prayers and support" said Brittany Smith.

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Tyler died on August 4, 2009. These pictures of Brittany and family were taken at least 16 months ago.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal William Tyler Matherly

Post by Nama on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:37 pm

William Tyler Matherly of 3341 Fort Lewis Circle, Salem died Tuesday, August 4, 2009 in Johnson City, Tenn.. He was born in San Antonio, Texas on March 3, 1993 and was 16 years old at the time of his death. He was the son of Benny and Tina Smith and Thomas and Dani Matherly. He was a member of Ash Avenue Baptist Church in South Boston.

He is survived by his mother and fathers, Tina Louise Dyer Smith of Salem and Benny Smith of South Boston and Thomas B. Matherly and wife Dani of Killeen, Texas, two sisters, Brittany M. Smith and Carrie Matherly and one brother, Patrick Matherly, his grandparents, Carrie Matherly, Charlotte and Thomas Hornick and Elizabeth Dyer and his great grandmother, Frances B. Dyer. Also surviving are aunts and uncles, Tracey and Kenny White, Angela and Dwight Spangler, Gloria and Dan DeYoung, Rhonda and Henry Blanton, Donny and Melissa Dyer, Tommy and Tara Hornick, Rich and Trish Powell, Jeff and Tammy Matherly, Scott Matherly, Bill and Renea Matherly and Jeff and Kim Graham and great aunts and great uncles, Bobby and Brenda Dyer, Ronnie and Carolyn Stephenson, Debbie Wood and Lois Choquette and special aunts, Carrie Hoskins and Lydia Rivera and 27 cousins.

He was preceded in death by his great grandfather, George W. Dyer, Sr. and grandfathers, George W. Dyer, Jr. and Howard Matherly and aunts, Janet Bussell and Anna M. Wood.

A funeral service will be conducted on Friday, August 7 at 2 p.m. at Powell Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Dr. John Eure officiating. Burial will follow in Halifax Memorial Gardens. The family will receive friends at Powell Funeral Home on Thursday from 7 until 8:30 p.m. and at other times at the home of Kenny and Tracey White, 2053 Paradise Road, Alto and at the home of Dwight and Angela Spangle, 1128 East Oak Hill Drive, Halifax.

In lieu of flowers please consider the William Tyler Matherly Memorial Fund.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:20 am

It is tough sometimes to stand alone in my beliefs. Even if Brittany went willing she is 12 yrs old and was manipulated by an adult. I don't expect her to act in any certain way. Everyone handles grief and tragedy in their own way. Maybe she is smiling at some friends or relatives that she has not seen in a long time. I guess if the camera would have caught her crying her eyes out people would not be so harsh in their judgment of her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:59 am

Wow - I've been busy these last few days with Christmas holidays & it took me awhile to get caught up on this thread!

I agree with those who are saying that Brittany doesn't look sad enough, although in the above article that BJ posted, it does say that she was wiping tears during her mother's memorial service. But, I also agree with those who are saying that she is a victim, and must be happy to be "home" (with her father), and to be away from Easley. (At least, I hope she is happy to be away from him!)

I also agree with Wrap that she most likely did have some involvement in her mother's murder, and if so, this would lead to some conflicting emotions for her (guilt, sadness, anxiety, etc). I'm sure she must be missing her mom (esp. at this time of year), but we aren't seeing those emotions in any pictures.

If she is convicted for participating in her mother's murder, I wonder what kind of sentencing she would have at 12 years of age? If she was a participant, it was most likely done after being coerced by Easley.

It is such a sad & confusing situation, and I really hope that she get some good counselling/therapy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:35 pm

I don't think she was a participant..but I do think she knew of the plan with those other idiots as well. There is evidence of that w/the pics that BJ posted up thread the night Tina died if I am not mistaken.

Was she coerced? Brainwashed is probably more like it. And, if her mom was neglecting her in HER eyes, she probably liked all the "attention" (YUK) she was getting from Easley.

I think there is much we do not know.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Question: How did Tyler die?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:57 pm

by Wrapitup Today at 2:37 pm Question: How did Tyler die?
He died playing the "choking game". Accidental death.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:01 pm

OK, that's right. OMG, I may be out of line here but WHY would any kid do that? I raised two boys and I can tell you they NEVER did that. It sounds like Russian Roulette to me, and I have to wonder about any parent whose child plays that horrible, deadly game. How were these kids that do that raised??????

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:44 pm

WHY indeed Wrap???? I may be out of line too, but I am getting the feeling there was not enough parental involvement/control in this household for either child.
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum