12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: 12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Post by jeanne1807 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:13 pm

It would be my guess that they are trying to get her to tell them just what happened to her mother.

So they can prosecute Easley and get a conviction.

I think she is not talking, on advice of counsel because she is guilty as hell.

Thats when they tell their client..don't talk.

She probably has a better chance of getting nothing with her silence because nobody knows what happened but the three of them. One is dead.

MOO

jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Post by southerntraveler on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:16 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:It would be my guess that they are trying to get her to tell them just what happened to her mother.

She probably has a better chance of getting nothing with her silence because nobody knows what happened but the three of them. One is dead.

MOO

Hi, I'm new here and navigating around the site to find things...........and found this thread. I'm pleasantly surprised that this girl can be discussed. I have always thought that she was involved in some way with her mother's death but could never voice that opinion..........glad to see that this site isn't as censored as others.

southerntraveler

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:12 pm

welcome2 southerntraveler Glad to have you here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!! Big Hug
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:35 pm

southerntraveler wrote:
jeanne1807 wrote:It would be my guess that they are trying to get her to tell them just what happened to her mother.

MOO

Hi, I'm new here and navigating around the site to find things...........and found this thread. I'm pleasantly surprised that this girl can be discussed. I have always thought that she was involved in some way with her mother's death but could never voice that opinion..........glad to see that this site isn't as censored as others.

Hi Southern. Welcome aboard. I think I know what site you are talking about. It is over moderated and a wasteland as far as I am concerned.

You will like it here. Mostly they ask us to put the link if we are quoteing or MOO if it is our opinion or Rumor if that is what is being said.

I think thats about it. This is a great site and you will love it here. It feels like home!
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by southerntraveler on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Slys Hunny wrote: welcome2 southerntraveler Glad to have you here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!! Big Hug
Thank you for the welcome. I'm still learning my way around......

southerntraveler

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Welcome southerntraveler to VH. Its not like those other sites that we have all been to and much more of a sane environment here. :groupwave:
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by southerntraveler on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

HippyChick2 wrote:Welcome southerntraveler to VH. Its not like those other sites that we have all been to and much more of a sane environment here. :groupwave:

thank you for the warm welcome. I'm beginning to feel right at home already.

southerntraveler

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:44 pm

‘Hero’ visits South Boston to meet girl she saved
WRITTEN BY PAULA I. BRYANT
02:36 PM 08/15/11

Theresa Shanley, the woman responsible for the safe return of 13-year-old Brittany Smith to her family in South Boston last December, had an opportunity to meet the teenager during a weekend visit to South Boston.
According to the Rev. John Eure, pastor of Ash Avenue Baptist Church, Shanley of San Francisco, Calif., attended Sunday worship services at the church. Also in attendance were Brittany, other family members and friends.

For one week last year, Brittany was the subject of a nationwide Amber Alert after the body of her mother, Tina Smith, was found in her Salem home on Dec. 6, and the then 12-year-old was reported missing.

It was four days later on Dec. 10 when Shanley told authorities she saw Smith and 32-year old Jeffrey Scott Easley holding a cardboard sign outside a Safeway store in San Francisco.

Because of her call to authorities, Easley was arrested, and Brittany was returned safely to her family in Virginia.

At the time of his daughter’s rescue, Brittany’s father, South Boston Police Officer Bennie H. Smith, described Shanley as “my hero.”

“It’s not anything that I can say to describe to you (Theresa Shanley) the way my heart feels about you. A simple ‘thank you,’ and God bless you.”

Shanley, who last week traveled from the West Coast to visit with family and friends in Powhatan, also spent a few days in Halifax County meeting with Brittany and other family members.

According to Eure, his wife, Joy Eure, and Shanley share a mutual friend in San Francisco, so they too were eager to meet during her recent visit to South Boston.

As it would turn out, it’s a small world, the Ash Avenue pastor said, explaining when Shanley was identified as the person who was responsible for Brittany’s safe return to her family, Joy’s online friend in San Francisco recognized her as a member of the church she attends.

“This was more than a mere coincidence. The Lord always provides a way,” Eure said.

Sunday prior to the worship service presented the first opportunity the Eures had to meet Shanley and her 7-year-old daughter.

“We were all very excited and happy to meet her since we shared a mutual friend in San Francisco,” Eure said.

“We always treat all our guests with hospitality and love at Ash Avenue,” the pastor said. “But she shared a special place in our heart on Sunday morning because we all knew she was used by the Lord to keep Brittany safe and to bring back one of our own,” he added.

After church Sunday, Shanley and Smith family members along with other friends became more acquainted during a meal and family get together.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by southerntraveler on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Has anything ever been released from the media showing Brittany Mae Smith as being happy or grateful for being "rescued"? Or even upset over her mother's brutal murder? I have my own thoughts concerning this young girl's possible involvement. She really doesn't strike me as being very upset over her mother or very happy that she was "rescued".

southerntraveler

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:38 pm

southerntraveler wrote:Has anything ever been released from the media showing Brittany Mae Smith as being happy or grateful for being "rescued"? Or even upset over her mother's brutal murder? I have my own thoughts concerning this young girl's possible involvement. She really doesn't strike me as being very upset over her mother or very happy that she was "rescued".
I've seen zero released showing Brittany upset or sad over her Mothers murder, nor has she seemed 'grateful' for being 'rescued'. My thoughts are that she didn't want to be 'rescued' as she went willingly and I think she at least knew of her Mother's murder if not participated in it. JMOO.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Jeffrey Easley's lawyers head to San Francisco to gather evidence in Brittany Smith case A judge granted the request in court Monday

Post by Nama on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:26 pm

The man charged with capital murder of a Roanoke County woman and the abduction of her daughter last year was back in court today. Jeffrey Easley is accused of killing Tina Smith and taking her daughter, Brittany Mae Smith, to San Francisco during a nationwide manhunt in December of 2010.

Easley’s attorneys, Tom Roe and Mark Claytor, asked a judge to approve a four day trip to San Francisco at the end of the month to review statements, evidence and to interview potential witnesses.

As public defenders, the judge had to approve such activity, as it would be paid for with taxpayer dollars. Its estimated cost is under $1000, Roe said.

They mentioned in particular the statements Brittany Smith gave to investigators in California. Roe said she had three to four different accounts which may be crucial to Easley’s defense.

Easley was noticeably healthier than in previous court appearances. His hair, which had been falling out, has regrown somewhat, and his goatee was neatly cropped.

“He looked like the ‘Wildman of Borneo,’” Claytor said, referring to a June appearance when Easley looked disheveled.

He noted Easley had been in lockdown for a while when first placed in jail, where he at times, “wasn’t a gentleman.” Claytor said he is now out of lockdown, which gives him more food and better hygiene.

His counsel also noted a mental health evaluation they requested has not yet been done. Claytor said it’s not unusual for exams to be done in capital murder cases and they believe Easley is competent to stand trial.

When asked if Brittany Smith could be called as a potential witness, Roe and Claytor declined to comment, but Roe said, “Good question.”

Easley’s trial is still set to begin in March.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Defense attorneys Mark Claytor and Thomas Roe Jr. want to look into three or four different statements made by Brittany Mae Smith to detectives in San Francisco, Roe said. The attorneys also plan to visit the grocery store where they were spotted before Easley’s arrest and see other evidence: a tent they bought in Salem, sleeping clothes, the statement from the woman who identified the two.

“There’s plenty of stuff there that we need to lay our physical eyeballs on,” Claytor said. The attorneys say they will spend two days with a San Francisco district attorney in early December.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Easley in abduction of girl, killing of her mother due in Roanoke County court today

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:16 am

Jeffrey Easley is scheduled to appear in Roanoke County Circuit Court this afternoon in a hearing related to his alleged abduction of a 12-year-old girl in December 2010 and her mother’s murder.

The hearing begins at 12:15 p.m. It’s unknown what the attorneys will ask.

The last time Easley appeared in court, in November, his lawyers sought to fly to San Francisco so they could research where Easley and 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith had been sleeping and panhandling at least four days after Tina Smith was found dead in her western Roanoke County home.

Easley is charged with capital murder in the commission of an abduction with the intent to sexually assault the girl. The charge means that, if convicted, Easley could face life in prison or the death penalty, according to state code.

His attorneys have planned to plead not guilty to the charges, and a 10-day trial is set for late March, according to online court records.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Easley pleads no contest

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:50 pm

A Roanoke County man will spend the rest of his life in prison after pleading no contest to a murder charge in the death of his girlfriend.

Media outlets report that Jeffrey Easley entered his plea Tuesday in Roanoke County Circuit Court. Prosecutors dropped an abduction charge in exchange for the plea.

Easley's girlfriend, 41-year-old Tina Smith, was found dead Dec. 6, 2010, in the home she shared with him.

Easley and Smith's daughter, Brittany Mae Smith, were found days later in San Francisco after a nationwide search. The girl was 12 years old at the time.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Well I sure am glad that the POS is going to spend the rest of his life behind bars! Now I'm wondering about the girl. I bet we'll never know and I think she knew far more than she admitted. JMOO.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:12 pm

I was wondering about the investigation to her involvement in her mother's murder is over??

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:20 pm

I agree Raine and BJ. I think she was made out to be a victim and I don't think she was exactly a victim. I do think she knows more that what she is letting on.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:09 pm

agreed

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Normal Facebook/ Justice for Tina Smith's Murderer(s) & for Brittany's Abductor, Jeff Easley

Post by Nama on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:02 am

Comment on the page:

I don't know about those that know this family and girl... but many people, including myself, believe that she was involved in this plot. Maybe not the actual murder, but I feel that she willingly went with this man after she knew he had murdered her mother and I also believe that she knew he was going to do this to Tina. Yes, he should have known better than to take this girl anywhere... but I think that there is more to this than either one of them are willing to discuss.

As for those calling her a 'little girl' and that she is 'only twelve'... heck, I have known twelve year olds that have had children. She is not this innocent little child people are making her out to be. But like stated by another poster here, her father is a police officer so there will be nothing done to her for anything.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:07 am

Interesting comment that was made.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:07 am

No disrespect Theresa but some of us, probably most of us knew Tina and Brittany. Brittany needs help, not a bunch of people making excuses. This behavior was building long before Jeff murdered Tina while Brittany sat downstairs. It is so terrible this family has been destroyed, but please respect those of us who do not agree with you. No shame here!
February 28 at 12:55pm · Like · 5
Apparently this is a friend of Tina (the Mother) who posted the above and who is the admin behind the FB site.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:08 am

PFF, go to that FB page, there's a bunch of postings there about Brittany not being the angel the media made her out to be. Very interesting.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:46 am

Raine, I read some of them. Pretty sickening, isn't it. I hope she does not get away with it.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 am

Wow the conversational posts on facebook are worth reading. I happen to agree with the lady who posted this.
There is no excuse a predator of children(yes, I said children) could use to justify being with a girl of 12. He was supposed to be a mature adult so why shouldn't he accept full responsibility for his crime?
I also agree with this one
No disrespect Theresa but some of us, probably most of us knew Tina and Brittany. Brittany needs help, not a bunch of people making excuses. This behavior was building long before Jeff murdered Tina while Brittany sat downstairs. It is so terrible this family has been destroyed, but please respect those of us who do not agree with you. No shame here!
Brittany does need help. It does not seem to me that she is showing remorse for what happened to her Mom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum