12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal Re: 12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:34 am

Or 12 yr old Brittany may be going off into the wild blue to live happily after with her Prince Charming and not even know that her mother is dead. Who knows what this man has told her or how he's manipulating her. If she was having issues with her mother and Jeff was sympathizing with her she might see him as her savior. Mentally she's a little girl, even though she doesn't look like one.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal UPDATED: Police chief says missing 12 year old Brittany Smith & Jeffrey Easley have "dropped off the face of the earth" Police say there have been no sightings of Brittany Smith or Jeff Easley since Friday night

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:50 am

Authorities in Roanoke County have filed a felony abduction warrant against 32-year-old Jeff Easley, the man they believe is holding Brittany Mae Smith. In a news conference Wednesday morning Police Chief Ray Lavinder said he had a feeling that someone was helping the pair stay hidden from the police and the public. He says Easley had very little money and no one has seen them in five days. Lavinder said "I'm almost certain someone knows where they are." The chief reinforced that there are laws on the books that could be applied to anyone who is withholding information or sheltering Easley and Smith.

Lavinder reminded the public that Brittany Smith is a 12-year-old girl and not capable of making legal decisions. He says "consent is irrelevant" in this case. He says we must all remember that this is "a 12-year-old girl in the company of a 32-year-old man."

Police believe Easley is traveling in Tina Smith's 2005 Dodge Neon. They believe the car has a small spoiler added to the back which may make it more identifiable.

Lavinder says police believe Brittany's mother, Tina, was killed in her home on Friday but authorities will never know for sure exactly when. Easley is accused of using Tina Smith's credit card at the Salem Walmart Friday night. Salem police have issued warrants against him for credit card fraud and larceny.

When asked what the pair bought at Walmart, Lavinder would not disclose the information but indicated police may have more details on that aspect of the investigation in a briefing later today.

The chief says the credit cards have not been used since Friday night. Police also say Brittany Smith has not used her cell phone.

Lavinder expressed concerns on national television Wednesday morning and again in today's news conference that the social networking sites Facebook and MySpace have not been very cooperative with authorities.

-------

Authorities will hold a 10:30 a.m. news conference to share the latest information on the search for 12-year-old Brittany Smith and 32-year-old Jeffrey Easley.

-----------------

In a news conference Tuesday afternoon Roanoke County police said Brittany Mae Smith and Jeff Easley were seen in Walmart in Salem Friday night. Police have surveillance video of the pair shopping at the store between 8:00pm and 8:30pm.

Authorities say 32-year-old Jeff Easley used Tina Smith's credit card to purchase items in Walmart. Salem Police have issued warrants for Easley for credit card fraud and credit card larceny. Tina Smith, Brittany's mother, was found murdered in her home Monday. Police also believe Jeff Easley is using Smith's car, a silver 2005 Dodge Neon.

Jeff Easley's mother, Sallie Martin, made a plea directly to her son to contact her or police. She urged Jeff to take Brittany to a safe place and return her or call 911. She told her son that she loved him and that they would work this out.

Police say the first phase of the autopsy on Tina Smith has been completed and they are now treating the case as a homicide investigation. Police would not reveal of cause of death.

Authorities have received more than two-hundred tips since the investigation began. They are now hoping shoppers who were in Walmart in Salem on Friday night will call them and give details about seeing Jeff Easley and Brittany Mae Smith in the store.

Authorities in Roanoke County believe 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith is still in grave danger and are appealing to her friends for information.

Smith is believed to be with 32-year-old Jeffrey Scott Easley, a friend of her mothers who she met online this summer. Easley moved into Tina Smith's home in October. Tina Smith was found dead Monday in her home on Fort Lewis Circle. The medical examiner is still conducting the autopsy of Tina Smith. Authorities hope to have a cause of death by Tuesday afternoon.

Easley was last seen in Southeast Roanoke Friday night. Tina Smith and her daughter, Brittany, were seen leaving their home Friday morning, according to Lavinder.

When asked if Brittany Mae Smith was abducted, Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder answered that they feel confident that she is with Easley. Easley has connections to Eastern North Carolina and Alabama. Police are checking in both areas for any information about Easley.

Chief Lavinder is asking for people to be on the lookout for the 2005 Silver Dodge Neon, VA XKF-2365, Tina Smith's missing car.

Tips have been coming in to Virginia State Police and local authorities. Chief Lavinder says these tips have been helpful and asked the public to continue to call and email. A new email address [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been set up to help handle the tips coming in.

Chief Lavinder is hoping people outside of Virginia who may have seen the missing girl or car will contact authorities.

If you have any information, you're asked to call the Roanoke County Police Dept at (540)562-3265 or the Virginia State Police at 1-800-822-4453 (1-800-VACHILD).

Glenvar Middle School is holding a candlelight vigil for the missing 12 year old. It will take place at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Highlander Stadium located behind Glenvar High School.

Another news conference is schedule for 3:30 p.m. WDBJ7.com will live stream the news conference.

-------------------

Authorities will hold a Noon news conference to provide the latest information on the search for 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith.

Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder and Lt. Chuck Mason will speak during the news conference. FBI, Virginia State Police, and possibly the City of Salem will also be in attendance.

WDBJ7.com will live stream the full news conference.

--------------------

An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 12 year old.

Roanoke County Police are looking for Brittany Mae Smith. She was last seen at 3341 Fort Lewis Cr, Salem. According to the Amber Alert, "The child is likely abducted by Jeffrey Scott Easley, White, male, age 32."

Police are searching for a missing 2005 Silver Dodge VA XKF-2365, the make has been identified as a Neon. Roanoke County police have located the 2000 Red Chevrolet SUV. Brittany Mae Smith is a 7th grader at Glenvar Middle School.

Police issued the Amber Alert after they found the body of a female inside the home on Fort Lewis Circle. Authorities have identified the woman as 41-year-old Tina Smith. Her death is being investigated as a possible homicide. Brittany Mae Smith is the daughter of Tina Smith. Police say Jeffrey Scott Easley was a friend of Tina Smith.

Brittany Smith's father is a South Boston police officer. We're told he is cooperating with authorities investigating Brittany's abduction.

Please contact the Roanoke County Police Dept at (540)562-3265 or the Virginia State Police at 1-800-822-4453 (1-800-VACHILD).

Description of Brittany:

Brittany Mae Smith
White
Female
HEIGHT: 5 feet 00 inches
WEIGHT: 100 lbs
Brown eyes and straight Brown hair

Description of Jeffrey Scott Easley:

Jeffrey Scott Easley
White
male
AGE 32 years old
HEIGHT 5 feet 11 inches
WEIGHT 265 lbs
Hazel EYES AND Brown HAIR

Here is the full Amber Alert:

CALL 5405623265 OR 911 IF SEEN|2000 Red Chevrolet SUV XPR-4366 VA|Last seen 3341 Fort Lewis Cr Salem|W/M,32YR,5'11,265LB,Hazel EYES,Brown HAIR,Jeffrey Scott Easley|W/F,12YR,5'00,100LB,Brown EYES,Brown HAIR,Brittany Mae Smith

THE VIRGINIA STATE POLICE AND VIRGINIA MISSING CHILDREN CLEARINGHOUSE HAVE ISSUED AN AMBER ALERT FOR A CHILD ABDUCTION ON BEHALF OF THE Roanoke County Police Dept IN Salem ON 12/02/2010.

THE Roanoke County Police Dept IS LOOKING FOR Brittany Mae Smith, White, female, AGE 12 years old, HEIGHT 5 feet 00 inches, WEIGHT 100 lbs, WITH Brown EYES AND Straight Brown HAIR.

THE CHILD IS BELIEVED TO BE IN EXTREME DANGER AND WAS LAST SEEN AT 3341 Fort Lewis Cr, Salem, VA.
THE CHILD IS LIKELY ABDUCTED BY Jeffrey Scott Easley, White, male, AGE
32 years old, HEIGHT 5 feet 11 inches, WEIGHT 265 lbs, WITH Hazel EYES AND Brown HAIR.

THEY MAY BE TRAVELING IN A 2000 Red Chevrolet SUV, LICENSE XPR-4366, VA

PLEASE CONTACT THE Roanoke County Police Dept AT (540)562-3265 OR THE VIRGINIA STATE POLICE AT 1-800-822-4453 (1-800-VACHILD).

YOU MAY FIND COMPLETE INFORMATION AT [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Victim's mother's vehicle is missing, suspect may be in it Silver 2005 Dodge 4d sdn VA-XKF2365.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 12 yr old Brittany Mae Smith has found in the San Francisco / Jeff Easley pleads no contest and will spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of Brittany's mother, Tina Smith

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:51 am

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:11 pm

I agree, BJ. Maybe he is not allowing her to watch TV. And in that Wal Mart, she could have had to go to the bathroom and written something on the walls. He was not holding her hand. She could have run, although he is probably armed. The guy met her mom, fell in "lust" Eeewww with Brittany and she accepted his advances. I think deep down, she knows something is wrong.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Thank you RAINE for all you ARE!! I will ALWAYS hold you in my Heart!!
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

http://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:51 pm

Police aren't ruling out the possibility that Brittany may have gone willingly with Easley, but they reiterate that she is still in danger.

"We've heard a lot of rumors about a relationship between Mr. Easley and Brittany and I'd like to say this morning is -- what we're dealing with is a 12-year-old girl and she can't make legal decisions. Consent is irrelevant if she wanted to go with him or not go with him," Lavinder said.
As police focus on finding 12-year-old Brittan, friends of the missing girl's family said that Brittany's murdered mother, Tina, was too trusting.

Lisa Ennemoser and Mark Lankford have known Tina Smith since childhood.

"She would give you the shirt off her back, she would do anything to make you laugh," Ennemoser told ABC affiliate WSET.

Now, police are investigating whether Tina Smith's willingness to let 32-year-old Easley live with her and her daughter in their Salem, Virginia home led to her daughter's disappearance and her own death.

Along with questions about the nature of Tina's relationship with the man, investigators are still determining Easley's relationship with Brittany.

The missing seventh grader's Facebook page lists her name as "Brittany Easley" instead of her legal name.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:07 pm

After seeing the picture of them coming out of Walmart together, I thought the same thing, that she was there of her own will. Then I read the statements about how he was making over her at the Thanksgiving Dinner and it made me sick. I felt more and more that she was a willing participant. I also wonder if she really knows what she is getting herself into.

I hope they find them soon.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:48 pm

I agree Girls her age are mostly into Justin Bieber, and this guy ain't no Justin!! However, it sounds like they had some type of relationship before her mother was murdered, and she is probably being manipulated by him. I just hope & pray that the police find her alive!

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:56 pm

12 years old is such a horrible age, no telling what Brittany knows (whether her Mom is dead or not), it seems to me that she's willingly gone with him. I think I too have thought that after seeing the Walmart picture - at 12 she easily could love the attention he has been paying her. It makes me sick to read of the way he was so attentive towards her on Thanksgiving too! I'm not blaming the relatives at all, don't know what I would have done but I sure wish someone would have got him and the Mom into a different room and told them how inappropriate it was!
Like Jeanne said, she's going to have to live with this the rest of her life and it could easily ruin her life, I'm sure this child will never be the same, if she is found.These women that need a man so badly at any cost just won't learn and it's so sad.
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Brittneys father is in law enforcement? Where is he?
Did he not have any thing to say about who lived in the same house with his daughter? Have they said anything about the custody arrangment with him?
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:00 pm

Artgal, Here's one place he's talked about -

Brittany's father, Benny Smith, a police officer in South Boston, Va., separated from Tina Smith a few years ago, and Tina moved to Roanoke County with her two children, the Rev. John Eure said.

I either posted or read an article up thread where it said the Dad is cooperating with police, that he came to Roanoke as soon as he found out about this but I also read something that just sounded odd (to me) that he said and I can't find it right now, sorry, will keep looking.

Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Thank you for posting that - I had heard about the grandmother but nothing about Brittneys father.
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Normal Police: Tent purchased before Va. girl disappears

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:58 pm

A man who disappeared with his slain girlfriend's 12-year-old daughter bought a tent and other camping supplies before vanishing, a police chief in Virginia said Wednesday.

Roanoke County Police Chief Ray Lavinder said at a news conference that authorities have searched extensively for the blue 13-by-10 tent that Jeffrey Scott Easley purchased at a Salem Walmart on Friday. Surveillance video shows Easley shopping at the Walmart with Brittany Mae Smith, whose 41-year-old mother Tina Smith was found dead in her home Monday.

Lavinder said police have received about 330 leads, but still have no idea where Easley and Brittany are. He said the leads suggest Easley could be seeking refuge in North Carolina, Alabama, West Virginia, Ohio or Kentucky.

Along with the tent, police are searching for a silver 2005 Dodge Neon they believe Easley is driving.

Lavinder said an arrest warrant for Easley, 32, has been issued for abduction. Warrants previously were issued for credit card fraud and credit card larceny after Easley used Tina Smith's card at Walmart, police have said.

Lavinder said there has been no activity on Tina Smith's credit card since that shopping trip as Easley and Brittany seemed to "just drop off the face of the earth" with little money.

"I'm almost positive someone out there knows where Brittany and Mr. Easley are," Lavinder said. "The weather has been very bad and they need food. Someone, if they are still in this region, is hiding them, I'm sure of that."

Lavinder said anyone harboring Easley likely would face prosecution.

At the afternoon news conference, Lavinder pleaded with Easley to return Brittany so she can help plan and attend her mother's funeral.

"It's important she be allowed to say goodbye to her mother," he said.

Tina Smith's death has been ruled a homicide, but authorities have declined to say how she was killed.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:02 pm

I don't know why, but I think this girl will be found alive.

Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody’s hand and squeeze it, while there’s time.
-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Not Me

Post by jeanne1807 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:35 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I don't know why, but I think this girl will be found alive.

Wrap we usually can finish each others sentences but this time I have to disagree.

This man has killed once and can only hang once. When he is done with Brittany he won't want any witnesses.

I am fearing the worst but hopeing for the best.

I read somewhere that even Tinas mother did not know the man was living with them. So maybe they were keeping it a secret and the father had no idea.

Certainly he would have done something..had he known?

I don't remember if anybody posted this link to the facebook page..

jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:50 pm

So, why is he taking his time? I don't mean that I wish he would just go ahead and do it...I mean...he MAY leave her somewhere and run like hell. I hope I am right!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:05 pm

"He said the leads suggest Easley could be seeking refuge in North Carolina, Alabama, West Virginia, Ohio or Kentucky."

Well, I hope he stays south, as it is bone chilling cold here, in Ohio. :cold:

Homeless Man Nearly Freezes To Death

Posted: 10:23 am EST December 8, 2010Updated: 9:26 pm EST December 8, 2010
PREBLE COUNTY, Ohio -- The Preble County Sheriff said an alert deputy helped save a man from freezing to death.

The deputy discovered the victim in late stages of hypothermia on Tuesday morning inside a tent along U.S. Route 40 in western Preble County.

Route 40 is a popular spot for transient and homeless people, mainly because its an easy place to hitch a ride on a semi. However, authorities said one man's decision to stay alongside the road in a tent was a dangerous one.

Sheriff Mike Simpson said, "Anybody trying to survive in that tent with no heat, is a huge issue."

Deputies had been keeping an eye on the homeless man who had pitched the tent, stopping by the night before to check on him.

"He didn't want any help, was walking, moving fine," said Simpson.

But as the bitter cold snap got worse, authorities said the man staggered out of his tent and flagged down a police cruiser. His face was gray from the cold. An ambulance took the man to Reid Hospital in Richmond, where he is recovering.

On Wednesday, the sight of the lonely tent in the snow remained, reminding people like Ron Thomas how it feels when you have nowhere to call home.

"Been a pretty poor time in my life and I know what it's like," said Thomas.

I really hope for the best for Brittany, but I don't think that she knows what she has gotten herself into. She looks so much older than 12 years old and I still can't help but think that she went along willingly from the video of them in Walmart. I thought it looked like he had a suitcase on the bottom of his cart.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 pm

by Praying For Faith Today at 12:05 am - I thought it looked like he had a suitcase on the bottom of his cart.
Did you see that it was a tent?

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith on Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Yes BJ, I read that above. Way too cold around here for a tent.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:08 am

I am getting the two snowmen confused! LOL

How could anyone even attempt to sleep in a tent in sub-zero weather? Why do I have the feeling this idiot w/be making his way down to Florida just to stay warm?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:37 am

Rainbow wrote:
raine1953 wrote:

This is the photo with the "toolbox"... not exactly sure what it is! thinking

So... now I find out that it is a tent! (not a toolbox) I agree with Wrap - they are most likely heading south to get warm!! However, if there is an alert out on the credit card, I don't think they will get far (no gas). I really hope that he does the right thing & lets Brittany go!

BTW, did anyone else watch Nancy Grace this evening? She was talking about how the DCFS were notified by several family members about the inappropriate relationship between Brittany & Easley. However, the DCFS workers were too busy with a Christmas party to investigate & now Brittany's mother is dead & Brittany has been abducted. MAJOR lawsuit looming for them!! angry
(sorry, I don't know how to post the transcript from Nancy Grace)

Last edited by Rainbow on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:43 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Normal Jeffrey Easley/ married twice/ ex-wives had taken out restraining orders against him

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:38 am

As the search for missing 12 year old Brittany Smith continues some new details have come forth. One of the items purchased by Jeffrey Easley at the Walmart store was a tent. The two could be anywhere and sleeping in that tent. One of Brittany’s friends came forward and said that during phone conversations Brittany would ask her to stay on the phone until her mother got home because she was afraid Easley would hurt her. It has been speculated that Brittany may not know her mother is dead.

Brittany Smith - Jeff Easley
Also reported was that the child protective services in two counties failed to investigate reports concerning Brittany. One was said to be busy with their Christmas party. It was discovered that Jeffrey Easley has been married twice and both ex-wives had taken out restraining orders against him. He is said to have made death threats to them.

News Conference
During a press conference tonight a plea was made by relatives for Brittany’s return. Kim Stevenson, a cousin to Brittany, said she loved Brittany from the day she was born and would be praying till she is found. Brittany’s aunt, Carolyn Stevenson, said she just wanted her to come home for christmas and she loved and missed her. Brittany’s biological father traveled from South Boston and is actively searching for his daughter.
If you have any information please contact the Roanoke County Police Dept at 1-540-777-8641 or the Virginia State Police at 1-800-822-4453.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Tina Louise Dyer Smith

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:45 am

Tina Louise Dyer Smith

Tina Louise Dyer Smith, 41, of 3341 Fort Lewis Circle, Salem, formerly of South Boston, died Friday at her home. She was born in Richmond on Nov. 9, 1969, daughter of the late George W. Dyer Jr. and Charlotte Lane Hornick, who survives. She was a member of the Ash Avenue Baptist Church.

She is survived by one daughter, Brittany Mae Smith of Salem and South Boston and Brittany’s father, Benny Smith of South Boston; her mother, Charlotte L. Hornick and husband Tom of Harrisburg, N.C., her step-mother, Elizabeth Dyer of South Boston; her maternal grandmother, Frances Dyer of South Boston; four sisters, Tracey Dyer White of Alton, Angel Spangler of South Boston, Gloria DeYoung of Hudson, Ohio and Rhonda Blanton of Charlotte, N.C., three brothers, Donny Dyer of South Boston, Tommy Hornick of Charlotte, and Richard Powell of Dundas; a number of nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends. She was preceded in death by her son, William Tyler Matherly.

Memorial services will be held at a later date.

The family will be at the home of Tracey and Kenny White, 2053 Paradise Road, Alton.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:20 am

Her father, Benjamin H. Smith, is a South Boston Police officer.

Dyer said she only met Brittany’s suspected abductor, Jeffrey Scott Easley, one time.

But she was quick to add, “We didn’t like what we saw.”

The worried grandmother said she had been unaware Easley was living with her daughter and granddaughter until two weeks ago when they came home for Thanksgiving.

“I saw him for the first time Thanksgiving,” and Dyer said what the family saw that day concerned members enough to prompt them to contact Social Services.

Dyer’s sister, who asked not to be identified, said she hosted the family’s Thanksgiving gathering attended by Tina, Brittany and Easley at her home in the county.

“He kept touching her (Brittany’s) hair, caressing her, touching her hand and consuming her with his eyes,” she said. “Normally I would have said something then and there, but the house was full of people.”

The aunt, who was contacted by Headline News’ Nancy Grace for her Monday night program on the missing girl, explained several days after the Thanksgiving dinner she called her niece (Tina) in Salem to express her concerns.

“I called Tina, and she said ‘he’s leaving right away.’ I told her to call me when he left. After she said he was leaving, I thought things were ok,” the aunt continued.

Social Services contacted

The concerned relative said she attempted to report her concerns to Social Services in Halifax County because “she didn’t know where to start.”

She also dialed an 800 number for child abuse to provide information about her concerns.

“The lady said she would relay the information to Salem Social Services but told me it would be better if I called them directly. I called Salem Social Services and gave them this information Friday, but by that time it was too late,” she said.

Meanwhile, Brittany’s father traveled to the Roanoke Police Station on Monday to assist in the investigation before returning home Monday evening, the aunt said.

The above is all I've seen regarding Brittany's Father and maybe it's just me but 'he came to the police station on Monday to assist in the investigation before returning home Monday evening" <--------- is it just me or does it not sound like the Father is not much involved???

Also what NG said on her show tonight about social services being called, I found the above but it sure doesn't mention social services not getting involved because of a Christmas party.

I'm getting confused and maybe not reading this right, can someone straighten me out?
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:49 am

BJ♥OR wrote:As the search for missing 12 year old Brittany Smith continues some new details have come forth. One of the items purchased by Jeffrey Easley at the Walmart store was a tent. The two could be anywhere and sleeping in that tent. One of Brittany’s friends came forward and said that during phone conversations Brittany would ask her to stay on the phone until her mother got home because she was afraid Easley would hurt her. It has been speculated that Brittany may not know her mother is dead.

Brittany Smith - Jeff Easley
Also reported was that the child protective services in two counties failed to investigate reports concerning Brittany. One was said to be busy with their Christmas party. It was discovered that Jeffrey Easley has been married twice and both ex-wives had taken out restraining orders against him. He is said to have made death threats to them.

News Conference
During a press conference tonight a plea was made by relatives for Brittany’s return. Kim Stevenson, a cousin to Brittany, said she loved Brittany from the day she was born and would be praying till she is found. Brittany’s aunt, Carolyn Stevenson, said she just wanted her to come home for christmas and she loved and missed her. Brittany’s biological father traveled from South Boston and is actively searching for his daughter.
If you have any information please contact the Roanoke County Police Dept at 1-540-777-8641 or the Virginia State Police at 1-800-822-4453.

http://radioamber.net/?p=3218

BJ, thanks for posting this! It seems to cover the main points that Nancy Grace highlighted this evening. Raine, I am not exactly sure where the info about the DCFS staff attending a Christmas party came from, but this article mentions it (and so did Nancy Grace). If it is true, I am sure they will be sued!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:01 am

I don't know too much about Brittanee's father but I did read that they had shared custody and when she was with her father they attended church together and it was the church they all went to before the divorce.

The pastor seemed to know Bennie, the father and Brittaney well.

I don't know but the more time passes the more I fear Brittany is becoming a liability to Easley.

Of course they could be sunning themselves on a beach in Florida.

Has anybody hear anything about Easleys background? Any training to be outside in the cold?

If they used mothers credit card to purchase the tent and tried to get money from mothers atm card then I would say he doesn't have much "traveling money".
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:09 am

Tip: Missing Va. Girl Seen In Mandarin
Police Investigate SIghting Of 12-Year-Old Brittany Smith At San Jose Walmart

POSTED: Wednesday, December 8, 2010
UPDATED: 8:50 am EST December 9, 2010

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Police confirm they are investigating a sighting of a 12-year-old Virginia girl whose disappeared after her mother was found dead on Friday in Salem, Va.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office received a tip Thursday morning that Brittany Smith was at the Walmart on San Jose Boulevard. Officers have responded, but no other information was available.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:14 am

If this guy is in Florida with VA license plates he will be easier to spot. It's warm down there and people are out and about. Not like up North where everybody has hunkered down with the cold weather.

His hangout seems to be the Walmart stores where he is able to use the ATM card.

I hope the Walmart greeters are on HIGH Alert. That is a little "senior Humor".

Amber Alert issued in Florida
Comments 0
December 09, 2010 8:46 AM
An Amber Alert is in alert here in Florida for 12 year old Brittany Smith. She vanished Friday and police believe she is in extreme danger. Police launched the search after Brittany's mother was found dead at their Salem, Virginia home. Police believe Brittany is with this man, Jeffery Easley, who was the boyfriend of her mother. It's not clear whether Brittany went with him willingly or, was kidnapped.. But, for whatever reason.. Police believe there's a chance they are in Florida. Police are following a number of tips ...while brittany's family pleads for her safe return. Police believe Easley may be driving the girl's mother's car, a 2005 Dodge Neon. It has Virginia tags. If you see either Brittany or Easley please contact authorities immediately.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:15 am

I did watch NG last night. A caller had a very good eye when looking at the still picture of them leaving Walmart, she asked if anyone knew what Scott was holding on to behind his back. NG also had a expert on explaining how kids who have been abducted don't try to get way due to the fear factor. They don't think like adults do in the same situation. Even though the heavy eye liner and her clothing make her look older she is only 12 yrs old.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:49 am

by raine1953 Today at 3:20 am Also what NG said on her show tonight about social services being called, I found the above but it sure doesn't mention social services not getting involved because of a Christmas party.
by BJ♥OR Today at 2:38 am
Also reported was that the child protective services in two counties failed to investigate reports concerning Brittany. One was said to be busy with their Christmas party.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:08 am

I knew he was headed for Florida. Jacksonville is right off I-95 and the first stop in Florida. It is probably still cold there. IMO, he will travel further South, around St. Augustine. It makes me so mad that he could just meander down one of the most famous interstates known for criminal activity and a direct route to Florida and not be picked up...me, I go 10 miles over the speed limit on 95 an guaranteed, I would get a ticket!!

I think his days are numbered now that he is on Florida turf. They WILL get him. I just hope he doesn't kill her and then turn the gun on himself, which seems to be how it goes in many of these hostage situations. I think this guy used Tina to get to Brittany. How sick is that?

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:29 am

LM, I too noticed how Easley seemed to be trying to hide something by holding it behind his back (in the Walmart picture)...That just looked very odd, him pushing the cart with one hand. Could it have been a gun? or a knife? using it as a threat to Brittany?
I just looked at it again, and it is obvious that he is actually using his body to push that side of the cart so his left hand could be free...Just very strange-looking...
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:38 pm

I too keep looking to see what the heck he could be holding.

LM you are right. Brittany is a child and everybody must remember that. She is soooo young.

Wrap they can't find their behinds in VA. Have you ever looked at how many unsolved murders they have there. Amazing. Virginia is not for lovers anymore.

I am shocked that people have not risen up against an inapt VSP.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:21 pm

Amber Alert Issued In Fla. For Missing Girl
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A man who disappeared with his slain girlfriend's 12-year-old daughter may be holed up in a gas station bathroom is south Florida.
Authorities said they believe Jeffrey Scott Easley took 12-year-old Brittany Smith in Virginia and he may be in the bathroom of a suburban West Palm Beach gas station.

Easley bought a tent and other camping supplies before vanishing, a police chief in Virginia said Wednesday.

UPDATED: Police: Man found in West Palm Beach, Florida not Jeffrey Scott Easley
Around 10:30 a.m. Thursday, authorities thought they had cornered Jeffrey Easley in a gas station bathroom in West Palm Beach, Florida.

A clerk at the gas station told the sheriff's department the man came in and asked for the key for the bathroom, and the clerk thought he looked familiar. SWAT teams raided the restroom and pulled a man out.

But a short time later, the sheriff indicated they didn't believe it was Easley.

The West Palm Beach Sheriff says the man looked similar to Easley, and he was apparently suffering a drug overdose

lisette

Back to top Go down

Normal Suspect in missing girl's abduction has criminal history in Alabama

Post by Nama on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Jeff Easley, the suspect wanted in connection to 12-year-old Brittany Mae Smith's abduction out of Virginia, has family in Marshall County and lived in north Alabama for several years.

Easley has been arrested at least twice in Marshall County and charged with misdemeanors.

Court records indicate Easley and his former wife purchased a home off Graceson Street in Albertville but the couple sold the house in 2009 during a divorce.

Boaz Police Chief Terry Davis says Easley was arrested at A&B Wrecker in February 2006 for disorderly conduct when he was found behind the fence trying to take back his vehicle after it had been towed.

Albertville police say they also arrested Easley.

"That was in February of '06. He apparently had interfered with an officer's ability to do an investigation on an incident," explained Albertville Police Chief Benny Womack.

Although there were claims of domestic violence, Chief Womack says he's unaware of any domestic calls to Easley's home while the couple was married.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:27 pm

What in the world did was Tina Smith thinking when she brought him in to her home? He was like a stranger as she had not known him that long. Met him on the internet and moved him in? I bet she was getting ready to kick him out and he killed her and took Brittany.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:51 pm

LM that picture of you and Sugar Lips is really getting to me. Everytime I see her I want to feel those sweet little cheeks. And it looks like she is looking right at me.

We need a baby in Indiana!
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:02 pm

You all will have one in Texas in about 12 weeks.

Thank Goodness Jean Casarus is hosting NG tonight!

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:05 pm

She is looking right at you. I sure hope Wrap has a Granddaughter. With beautiful red hair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:11 pm

Thanks!! I went out and bought pink socks and to pink onsies yesterday. I hope she has dark hair like her mother.

Back on track, I still think that they will find this girl alive. I hope I am not wrong.

-- Dale Dauten--

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:57 am

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:47 am

One of my gal pals from FM is looking for any information on Julia Gail Day is her maiden name the second ex wife of Easley.

She has come to a dead end and I am wondering if anybody here has anything. It seems she is trying to help a local news outlet find this ex wife. Probably want to interview her.

I missed last nights shows, NG and JVM so maybe there was something on there?
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:15 am

by jeanne1807 Today at 10:47 am
One of my gal pals from FM is looking for any information on Julia Gail Day is her maiden name the second ex wife of Easley.
They have one daughter together. about 1 1/2 yrs old ?There was a son that was born stillborn. Jan. 3, 2007.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:39 am

BJ any idea where she is living and what name she is going by? Thanks.
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:03 am

I don't know where that ex wife is, Jeanne. Here's some more....

Easley has family ties to Alabama and North Carolina, where he was convicted of assaulting a public official in 1996, according to online court records. His North Carolina criminal history includes injury to personal property in 1995, and two counts of alcohol possession in 1998. In 2001, he was placed in a pretrial probationary program for making threatening phone calls to his ex-wife, Sheila Easley, the records say.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 am

Sheila Easley is now Sheila White, maiden name, living I believe in Wilmington NC area.

Found this on another blog.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Normal Brittany Mae Smith has been found

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:04 pm

According to Roanoke County police 12-year old Brittany Mae Smith has been safely located and 32-year old Jeffrey Scott Easley of Roanoke County, VA has been taken into custody in another state.

More details to follow. We will hold a press conference at 8:00 p.m. in the lobby of the Roanoke County Public Safety Center located at 5925 Cove Road, Roanoke.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Further information -- including where the two were found, and under what circumstances -- was not immediately available. A press conference involving Roanoke County police is set for 8 p.m. ET.

Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Thank God she has been found and is alive. I sure hope she had nothing to do with her Mom's murder.

raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum