Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Hearing 12/14 at 4:00 p.m.

5 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony Hearing 12/14 at 4:00 p.m. Empty Casey Anthony Hearing 12/14 at 4:00 p.m.

Post by lisette Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Anthony lawyers ask for more time
Updated: Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 5:19 PM EST
Published : Monday, 13 Dec 2010, 5:08 PM EST

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Lawyers representing Casey Anthony are requesting additional time to investigate in preparation for her upcoming murder trial, scheduled to begin on May 2, 2011.

The defense had previously requested 300 hours of investigation time for services rendered in-state back in October. That request was denied by Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry, Jr.; however, the court did grant an additional 60 hours to Anthony's defense team.

In a motion filed on Monday, Anthony's lead attorney, Jose Baez, states that those hours have been exhausted and he is requesting more time.

"The defense is respectfully requesting additional hours for investigative services rendered in-state in order to continue investigating evidence alleged in the State's discovery, which continues to be on-going," wrote Baez, who did not specify the amount of time needed and appears to have left this to the discretion of the court.

In addition, a motion to approve prior travel of out of state experts was filed on Monday by the defense. The motion was filed to comply with requirements set forth by the Justice Administrative Commission (JAC), which oversees the spending of taxpayer funds, as Anthony has been declared indigent.

Specifically, the order pertains to forensic work conducted by Dr. Henry Lee, Dr. Richard Eikelenboom, Dr. Selma Eikelenboom, Dr. Timothy Huntington and Dr. Nicholas Petraco on July 13th and 14th.

Judge Perry is expected to rule on the motions during a hearing on Tuesday, scheduled to begin at 4 p.m.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Hearing 12/14 at 4:00 p.m. Empty Re: Casey Anthony Hearing 12/14 at 4:00 p.m.

Post by lisette Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:39 pm

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Another money hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in the case against Casey Anthony.

Meanwhile, photos taken of a second autopsy on Caylee Anthony's remains have been turned over by the defense to prosecutors in the case.
The autopsy was performed on Caylee's remains by defense expert Werner Spitz. The photos were placed on a DVD and given to the prosecution.
An e-mail was also placed in the official court records that claimed Caylee is alive and may be in the Los Angeles area.
The author of the e-mail to the court claimed Caylee was taken to Los Angeles and now goes by the name of Caylee Gonzalez. The man who signed the e-mail, James McIntyre, claimed he saw Caylee in a video taken at a Christmas pageant one week after her remains were found.
Also, Judge Belvin Perry will hear a request from Jose Baez to be reimbursed for the cost of flying his team of experts to Central Florida in July to review evidence.
The costs run into the thousands of dollars, but no specific amount was given.
At Tuesday's hearing, Baez will also ask the court to fund more hours for defense investigators to continue their work.
It was not immediately known whether Anthony will attend Tuesday afternoon's hearing, but court records show her defense team has been given permission to participate over the phone as will lawyers for the state agency that distributes money to indigent clients.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Hearing 12/14 at 4:00 p.m. Empty Re: Casey Anthony Hearing 12/14 at 4:00 p.m.

Post by lisette Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:42 pm

ORLANDO --
Judge Belvin Perry has set a hearing for Tuesday at 4 p.m. in the Case Against Casey.

The motion "to approve prior travel of out of state expert and the motion for additional hours of investigation" will be discussed.

Anthony will not be present and Attorney Jose Baez will be appearing via phone.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Casey is angry with Baez and is giving all her smiles to the other attorney.

Wonder what Baez did to set her off. She is starting to treat him like she treats Cindy most of the time.

I bet everybody will be happy when this is over and Miss I Am In Charge is behind bars!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:58 pm

An e-mail was also placed in the official court records that claimed Caylee is alive and may be in the Los Angeles area.
The author of the e-mail to the court claimed Caylee was taken to Los Angeles and now goes by the name of Caylee Gonzalez. The man who signed the e-mail, James McIntyre, claimed he saw Caylee in a video taken at a Christmas pageant one week after her remains were found.
crazy3 crazy3 crazy3 crazy3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:18 am

jeanne1807 wrote:Casey is angry with Baez and is giving all her smiles to the other attorney.

Wonder what Baez did to set her off. She is starting to treat him like she treats Cindy most of the time.

I bet everybody will be happy when this is over and Miss I Am In Charge is behind bars!

Maybe Casey is angry because Baez got his wife pregnant! After all, she acted like she thought *she* was *his* #1! The audacity of him to sleep with his wife, let along have a baby with her!!!!

Personally, I think Casey with the long hair thinks she is a rock star, oh boy wait until the trial is over and she is getting no attention behind prison bars (I hope
)!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:29 am

Hummm if little Caylee is alive and living in CA under the name of Caylee Gonzalez does that mean the remains found and identified by a certified ME was not Caylee and he/she was mistaken.

I don't believe I have ever heard of a mistake like that in the history of the world?????

The closer we get to trial...the more far fetched the "defense plans" become.

On another site I read there is the speculation that the defense might be preparing to say Caylee died from Chiari Malformation Type I.

I would say as we get closer and closer..this shall get stranger and stranger.

As I write those words I have to say "this case getting stranger"? Can that be. I thought we had seen it all.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:24 am

What is Chiari Malformation Type I.

crazy3 crazy3 crazy3 crazy3 crazy3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:34 am

I have never heard of the above disease! Leads me to believe it is quite rare. Guess they can't prove it without a body. And I am 99.99999...% sure her Pediatrician didn't have that on her list of complaints. If you don't mind me asking Jeanne what site is talking about this?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:07 pm

cherylz, the site that has the article about Caylee having that disease is Blink on Crime....
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Thank you Lisette...I will have to check it out!
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:02 pm

The hearing is not being carried live...WESH is doing a Live Wire thingy at:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:41 pm

JP gave Bozo 110 more investigative hours (He was asking for 300)...JAC said that he was already over allotted for indigents, but they would have to go through receipts (which Bozo didn't have) to determine how much...Not sure if the hours over the allotment will be subtracted from the 110...wasn't clear on that. JP denied request to reimburse experts for travel to examine the evidence. The 110 hours were for new "witnesses" from TES searches...(I thought Mason said 50-60 before.) This is just crazy! If I lived in Fla I would be mad that my tax money was being used for this! But I guess JP is going the extra mile to avoid an appeal...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:09 pm

I don't live in Florida and I am pissed off about the expenses granted in this Trial.
angry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:49 pm

LM, I agree WTF
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:02 pm

I wonder when the good people of Florida will rise up and shout "Enough".

How foolish all of this is. Baez and the final showdown.

He is really pushing Judge Perrys buttons. But JP has been around the block a few times.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Judge Grants Portion Of Request At Tuesday Hearing

POSTED: 5:08 pm EST December 14, 2010
UPDATED: 6:23 pm EST December 14, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Judge Belvin Perry granted Casey Anthony's defense more investigative hours at a Tuesday afternoon hearing.

Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez requested 300 additional hours, saying that that the hours that had already been granted by Perry had been exhausted.

Anthony was declared indigent in March, so a state agency now doles out money for her defense. That means costs such as investigative hours, which can reimbursed up to $40 per hour, must be approved by Perry.

Baez filed a similar motion in October. Perry only granted a portion of the hours Baez requested at that time.

In the latest request, Baez told Perry during Wednesday's hearing that the additional hours were needed to interview around 110 of the state's witnesses.

Baez said that the interviews needed to be conducted for the defense to do its due diligence in defending Anthony. He told Perry he did not believe these witnesses would need to be deposed.

Perry pointed out that since the murder charge Anthony faces could carry capitol punishment, he agreed that additional hours would not be excessive and he said that he wants the case to progress toward a May trial date.

Baez and a representative from the Justice Administrative Commission, which distributes funding for indigent clients, joined the hearing by phone.

After Perry granted additional investigative hours, the JAC representative pointed out that the defense may not have any hours left to use, seeing as the current invoices the commission has received already total more that what has been granted.

Perry pointed to at least one invoice, saying that he believes some of the costs that have been invoiced may not be reimbursable under the JAC's guidelines. The JAC said the invoices had not yet been gone through in detail.

Perry ended up saying the defense could have 110 hours to use after the JAC determined how many hours the defense had gone over its allotment. In other words, the defense will have 100 hours to use moving forward.

Perry also heard a motion from the defense asking for reimbursement of experts' travel expenses.

Baez said that the travel reimbursement requests had already been submitted to the JAC, but the requests were denied because there was no judge's order on the matter. Baez said he was requesting an order from Perry.

Perry replied that he would not issue an order without seeing exactly how much money Baez was requesting reimbursement for.

Another hearing will take place in the case on Monday afternoon. WESH.com will have live coverage of the hearing.

see video of JP and Baez speaking here. Would not embed.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Rapunzel grew into the most beautiful child under the sun. When she was twelve years old, the enchantress shut her into a tower in the middle of a forest. The tower had neither stairs nor door, but near the top was a little window. When the enchantress wanted to go in, she placed herself beneath it and cried:

'Rapunzel, Rapunzel,
Let down your hair to me.'

Rapunzel had magnificent long hair, fine as spun gold, and when she heard the voice of the enchantress, she unfastened her braided tresses, wound them round one of the hooks of the window above, and then the hair fell twenty ells down, and the enchantress climbed up by it.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:44 pm

That's it! She's growing her hair long so she can throw it out the prison window, and her prince will climb up and rescue her! faint Shocked 2
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down